[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spooks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

So not including the conditioned fears and phobias, there have been 5 identified universal fears.

Fear of Pain, you know you won't like how it feels, things like falling off high places and getting jabbed with needles.

Fear of Loss, the things we aquire dissapearing, the loss of a loved one.

Fear of Non-Gain for all your hard work and effort, for all the time and energy you put into something, what if you don't get what you were working for.

Fear of extinction, this feeling of death and loneliness. When you are treated like you don't exist and ignored by the people around you, the fear of death and non existance.

and the fear of uncertainty, the lack of control in your own life and of the world around you, things happening without you realising and working against you.

So if we consider these base psychological fears, how best do we design a monster to tap into these fears for a character.
>>
time traveling puncher-stealer
>>
many monsters that already exist fit into multiple categories.

Cthulhu technically delivers all 5 by destroying you and everything you know and love, whilst still being an unknowable being of immense unfathomable power.
>>
I feel like body horror gets most of those. It can involve painful infections, death, invasion of the self, extinction of a species, and it typically uses the indifference of nature as a theme. So look at monsters from body horror.
>>
>>54312813
I can see that, although, body horror is a pretty broad genrewhere fear isn't the only emotion being raised, last time I was in a Rogue Trader game where that was going on, while I had to try keeping an uncomfortable boner hidden, the other players were getting mad at an oblivious DM for injecting her fetishes into the game.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.