[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Hulk 4E Broodlord

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 20170713_233941.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170713_233941.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Right, so my buddy is letting me paint up his Space Hulk minis, and I can use them in games of 40k if I want. The mini I wanted most was the broodlord, but it has a bit of an issue.

You see, this picture is a picture of the backmost right arm. It's holding a skull in it, and it has this weird, stretchy bit connecting the hand to the arm. However, other people's broodlords online don't seem to have this. Is this supposed to be there? If so, how should I paint it? If not, how do I remove it properly without making it look like shit?
>>
File: 20170713_234034.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
20170713_234034.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Another image
>>
>>54312264
You talk to your buddy and hope he still has the box for Space Hulk, and then have him call up Games Workshop Customer Service because the part's defective.
Customer Service is GW's one saving grace throughout its entire time as a company - as long as you aren't literally scamming them, they'll replace shit. And usually not ask for the defective parts back in return, either.
>>
>>54312264
Ask your friend where he bought the game from then write it down. Then call GW and tell them the exact problem, they will then probably ask you where you bought it and what your address is, tell them.

they will then probably send you a complete new broodlord. It may not actually be a spacehulk broodlord.
>>
>>54312264

Is this the first mini you've ever made? Plenty of models have this sort of thing, it's a product of how the moulds fit together. Don't call up GW, that's how it's supposed to be. Once it's assembled it's kind of underneath the arm up against the thigh, virtually invisible. The stretchy bits are probably supposed to be cables, gory bits, whatever. The flattish bit won't really be visible, but just keep it in a dark shade so it doesn't stick out.
>>
its just the way it is, (source: me painting broodlord last night)
...and the result of 2 part plastics having all detail on one axis

quite a few space hulk genestealer sculpts have this issue.
personally, i used a dremel to remove the streaks and smoothed it out afterwards.
>>
Thanks guys. This is certainly not my first mini, but it is my first Space Hulk mini I'm painting. It just seems like a really unusual looking thing and it's a large enough feature that it's easy to spot. I know that it's not flash or anything, as it'a much too substantial for that.

The part about all of the detail being on one axis does make sense, however. That kind of sucks, but I can find a way to deal with it, I suppose. If I'm really that unsatisfied, I could just glue all the minis to a base and use them as Space Hulk minis, as they're a bit wobbly as is. Then I could get my own Broodlord if I'm really so determined. I'll see what I decide to do.
>>
>>54312264
My one was the same, I think it's just how it's molded.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.