[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wfg/ - The Warhammer Fantasy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 65

File: DIGIC_WH_Intro_conceptart_06.jpg (126KB, 1024x518px) Image search: [Google]
DIGIC_WH_Intro_conceptart_06.jpg
126KB, 1024x518px
The Lets Not Argue About Solkan Edition

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: https://mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
https://pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread: >>54270491
>>
File: empire.pdf (5MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
empire.pdf
5MB, 1x1px
>54293036

To the guy that wanted a decent Empire map - sorry for the late response. Hope this helps.
>>
File: V. 2 Character Sheet.pdf (114KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
V. 2 Character Sheet.pdf
114KB, 1x1px
>>54299886

And to the guy that wanted fillable 2ed WFRP Character sheets - sorry these aren't fillable, but that should be easy enough to change.
>>
File: WFRP Information Booklet.pdf (210KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
WFRP Information Booklet.pdf
210KB, 1x1px
>>54309276
And for people looking to get into /wfrp/ or just generally curious about the setting - the newcomers guide to the Old World.
>>
>>54309276
>fantasycucks let their generals die just like they let their game die
>>
Can ANYONE tell me about Lizardmen civil society?

/v/irgin here, with TW:WH2 coming out I'm curious about the Lizardmen. Are they all warriors? What do they eat? Are some of these skinks farmers? And if so, are they consuming the crops directly or are they using them to feed cattle? If the latter, what kind of cattle?
>>
>>54309567

Here's a link to the PDF of their 6th edition armybook:

https://www.scribd.com/document/329149048/Warhammer-6th-Edition-Lizardmen-Army-Book-pdf

As I recall, Lizardmen behave in a caste system. The big guys are almost always pure warrior caste, and the skinks tend to do the grunt work.

Interesting points about them:
- They come from spawning pools, born fully grown and with instinctual knowledge.
- They are, to my knowledge, carnivorous. So one imagines they herd some sort of dinosaur cattle like stegadons or cold ones.
>>
>>54309567
Lizardman Crash Course:

The Lizardman society breaks down into three major sections:

The Slann
The Saurus
The Skinks

The Slaan are the custodians of the Great Old Ones - the alien precursors who made the Warhammer World what it is. Big toady squat magic fuckers.

The Old Ones spawned five generations of Slann. All Slann of the First Spawning are dead, but their mummified remains are powerful enough to aid other Slann in battle. The remains of Venerable Lord Kroak, most powerful of all the Slann, are still brought forth in times of great need. Even the most junior Slann rank among the most powerful magic users in the Warhammer world, and the powers wielded by the elder Slann are unimaginably powerful. Venerable Lord Kroak in particular can destroy entire cities with a single gaze.

It is the Slann who maintain the invisible magical barriers around the Northlands and the South Pole which keep the legions of Daemons at bay.
>>
>>54309567
>>54309764

The Saurus are the muscle. Big dumb muscle, generally, though generations can be born through spawning pools with unique abilities or rare insights. In the 1ed WFRP they were just called Troglodytes, and the term is still a pretty apt description of them today.

Saurus live for thousands of years - they have never been known to die of old age - if they are not killed in combat, and never cease growing, becoming larger and tougher as the centuries elapse. Many of the heroes and leaders of the Saurus have risen to prominence by being essentially unkillable in combat.

Finally there are the Skinks. These guys are the Office Assistants of the Lizardman race. They do all the weird jobs that the Slann or the Saurus can't. They'll go on diplomatic missions, they'll tend the livestock. Generally anything that needs a bit of brain to do but is beneath the Slann falls to these guys.

Skinks are the artisans of the Lizardmen. Gregarious and talkative, they do jobs like metalworking and temple organization in addition to being the personal adjutants of the Slann. Some Skinks can use magic, though not so effectively as their ancient masters.
>>
For all you Skaven lovers out there, I recommend having a read of the fansplat 'Book of the Rat' - https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/44916932/warhammer-frp-skaven-book-of-the-ratpdf-lskiorg
>>
File: Warhammer FRP - Map - Cathay.gif (59KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer FRP - Map - Cathay.gif
59KB, 1280x1024px
Also, some less-common maps I've got in my collection.
>>
File: Warhammer FRP - Map - Nippon.jpg (81KB, 633x765px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer FRP - Map - Nippon.jpg
81KB, 633x765px
>>54310284
>>
File: Warhammer FRP - Map - Albion.jpg (85KB, 548x680px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer FRP - Map - Albion.jpg
85KB, 548x680px
>>54310284
Albion.
>>
>>54309276

Question for anyone: What experiences have you had with Mordheim? Every run a game, use it as an RPG setting, use the Necromunda rules instead?
>>
>>54310384
Fun fact, that not!Wales island doesn't exist in current lore. It's just a 'here be whales' spot on the ocean. I like to imagine it got sunk by the Slann.
>>
>>54310973
>It's just a 'here be whales' spot on the ocean

This pun deserves greater recognition.

What's the lore behind Albion anyway? It always seems like a really underutilized element of the setting, to the point where I'm wondering why it was even included.
>>
>>54310384
>>54310973

I like to homebrew not-Ireland being next to Albion where the Old Ones tried to create a race of noble fighters but instead created leprechauns, and they forgot about them because they were short, annoying, and drunk.

Little did they know that Leprechauns would have incredible luck and resilience and be immune to Warp corruption.

And heavens fucking help you if you steal their gold or lucky charms. They say Khorne pissed himself at the very notion.
>>
>>54311246
> It always seems like a really underutilized element of the setting

That's pretty much everything outside of the Old and New Worlds.

It's a real shame that GW decided to start changing fluff into the AoS line and fucking it up left and right, because that left us with places like North UnAmerica, UnChina, UnJapan, and UnAfrica being incredibly under-utilized.
>>
>>54311265
>Leprechauns

There's a point - how much RL lore do you guys throw into your Warhammer game with a dab of Old World flavour?

I've used cave-dwelling Kelpies as creatures of mythology before in an all-dwarf game, as well as a mothman expy.
>>
>>54311288
I like to imagine there's at least some small part of the Warhammer World that just wasn't touched by Chaos and too out of the way for any of the other races.

Just a nice idyllic little farming community that was completely unaware of the shitstorm around it, who got the biggest of all WTFs when the world just blew up around them.
>>
>>54311343
>world just blew up

Well yeah, if you're talking End Times lore.

I do like to imagine though that out there in the world are places that don't even know what Chaos is. A traveler might go there and talk about Archaon's great Storm, and the natives would just be confused.
>>
>>54311453
Is there much of a chaos presence in the southlands?
>>
>>54311453
>Well yeah, if you're talking End Times lore.

Even ignoring ET and AoS, I'm pretty sure the Warhammer World would still have blown up eventually, somehow.

>Skaven tunnel too much and too deep, planet crumbles in on itself.
>Dwarfs try to recreate the Doomstones Project
>Chaos Dwarfs launch a space project to try and land on one of the moons.

It would have happened sooner or later.
>>
File: Darkemissary.jpg (202KB, 596x730px) Image search: [Google]
Darkemissary.jpg
202KB, 596x730px
>>54311246
Long story short, Albion is the human version of Ulthuan - it was a cool paradise where the Old Ones liked to hang out and taught the humans a good few secrets about how to be awesome. But then shit hit the fan and they ended up making a Magical Vortex of their own, complete with standing stones called Ogham Stones that functioned like the waystones of Ulthuan. But for some reason that made their weather rainy and cloudy, the land got covered in swamps, most of the humans became xenophobic and primitive.

It's still pretty cool because it's a source of giants beyond the spot that the Ogres took down, and you still have Truthsayers and Dark Emissaries sometimes travelling around the rest of the Old World, fighting as mercenaries. And it allows you to add a little Celtic flare to your army if they've raided Albion or something.

>tfw Bretonnia never could've made use of them even if you'd wanted to

N-no tears
>>
File: 1497466082830.jpg (81KB, 1119x735px) Image search: [Google]
1497466082830.jpg
81KB, 1119x735px
>>54311490
AFAIK no. Most of the Chaos presence in the world in general is concentrated in the Old World and it's their main target.

>>54311532
>mfw
>>
File: AlbionStormWarriors.jpg (194KB, 497x800px) Image search: [Google]
AlbionStormWarriors.jpg
194KB, 497x800px
>>54311265
Here's a very, very old map of Albion that might help your headcanon a little. With newer maps it barely looks like the British Isles at all, but in older works it was so obvious.
>>
>>54311742
>Marooned Sea Elves
>Leprechauns are a type of elf
>Leprechauns are guarding their gold
>Sea elves protecting their wrecked ship from plunder, waiting for a rescue that never comes...

I think I've got an idea for my next WFRP PC.
>>
>>54311884
Sea Elves seem to be this enduring idea among the community, but I can't find any solid lore or art about them.
>>
>>54311984
I always assumed Sea Elves was just a coverall term for any High Elf or Corsair that peasants come across - because they wouldn't strictly know the difference between High/Dark Elves but they sure as shit know the difference between those Sea cunts and the Wood bastards.
>>
>>54311532
>Chaos Dwarfs launch a space project to try and land on one of the moons.

I'd like to see more from a campaign or battle arc involving Chaos Dwarfs, Dwarfs, Skaven and Lizardmen having a Space Race.
>>
>>54312378
There's a bit of lore about the Lizardmen working to destroy a Skaven rocket - I don't know if it was a space-going rocket or a city-exploding rocket, but imagine if it was the former and the Lizardmen didn't manage to stop it. Obviously the Lizardmen would chase after them to keep the Great Plan working.

Not sure how you'd rope the other races in, but it's a start. Make up a campaign fluff and have some fun with it.
>>
>>54312567
I might be able to swing it - the Dwarfs in my game have set up an underwater mining colony, there's a trading post set up by a mercenary outfit in the Dark Beneath and the Chaos Dwarfs are less 'lolchaos' and more 'MagiTechSupremacy'. And the Doomstones are still a thing.

So, tap in the Chaos Dwarfs using Doomstone based tech to try and establish air dominance after the Spirit of Grungni hits the scene and launches a dwarf into space.

Slann are on instant defensive, trying to shoot the thing down. Skaven steal some shit and try to retrofit it into landing on a moon.

Dwarfs find out about what their desert cousins are up to, and a branch of slayer-geneers start working on something to scuttle their project.
>>
File: Mortkin.jpg (21KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
Mortkin.jpg
21KB, 250x251px
So Norsca is going to be unveiled on Wednesday next week for TWW. Apparently it's armylist is going to be something we've never seen, and is the first non-codex force in the game. If anyones familiar with the lore, do they know what can we expect besides vikings?
>>
>>54312903
Werewolves. We can expect werewolves.
>>
>>54309276
>new trailer for dark elves just came out
>didn't make a dark elf edition
>didn't include a trailer
Biased?
>>
>>54313010

Go to: >>54299600

There was already a thread specifically for the new Dark Elf trailer.
>>
>>54312903
If we're lucky, we'll see a Chaos Optional army list - something that will allow you to choose whether or not you want to be worshippers of chaos.

Additionally, expect Yetis and maaaaaybe Norse Dwarf units.
>>
File: Kislev Axeman.jpg (16KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kislev Axeman.jpg
16KB, 400x300px
>>54313093
If they're even considering Norse Dwarf flavorings, then they should do something with Kislev. I mean, come on - it's Kislev. What is Chaos without a Kislev to smash through?
>>
>>54314373
Hell, I'm still pained that the Border Princes and Tilea aren't a collection of rival princedoms.
>>
>>54314504
Well Tilea I can understand at least, but the Border Princes could easily be a series of single-territory kingdoms - you could even start them off in an alliance with each other as a sort of confederation. And Estalia needs to have a northern and southern kingdom.
>>
>>54310384
>Diocletia's Wall
>>
>>54310842
Played a couple of games. Had some promise but wfb is much more fun imo.
>>
>>54309827
hey man, thanks for this run down. It's really useful
>>
>>54314659
I think Mordheim is great as both a break away from WFB, and as a smaller hook to get people into the hobby. Less work to make a warband, more flavour and you're more likely to get attached to the characters you create.

>>54314644
Did the Warhammer world have the equivalent of Romans at any point? Ancient Tileans settling in Albion?
>>
>>54314715
Remas/Tylos.
>>
>>54314715
Some vague mentions of an Empire in the Tilean area that was the source of Classical. Aside from that, Elves and Dwarves arguably act as Romans for parts of the setting.
>>
>>54314811
There is Latin in setting which is called Old World Classical. Empire uses it often in mottoes.
>>
>>54312378
Dwarfs wouldn't care enough to reach the moon

Contrary to Skaven, dwaren technology, albeit trustworthy, isbasically frozen in time because dwarves are too retarded to actually make any progress

If there is a space race, Skaven would probably win it by sheer ingenuity and trial and error
>>
>>54314857
How did they even make progress in the first place? Did the old ones teach them how to make guns?
>>
>>54312903
Yetis and Werewolves
>>
>>54314857
The Skaven would definitely get there, but the dwarfs would have enough clout to know that would be a Bad Thing and act to stop it - not necessarily trying to get there first.

>dwaren technology, albeit trustworthy, isbasically frozen in time

As a culture, sure. But individually not so much. You've got submarines, zepplins, a range of gyrocopters, power fists...Engineers-turned-Slayers tend to push the envelope.

Not as much as the lightning throwing Ratmen, but still.
>>
>>54314870
Not likely, firearms didn't pop up until a while after the War of Vengeance.
>>
>>54314857
They came up with the first guns and cannons due to necessity in the Time of Woes, basically draining what remained of their ingenuity. They spent the next thousand years perfecting that shit but never cared about doing something new.

The Engeneers are the ones who actually try and do something new from time to time, but their projects are usually shot down by traditionalist and uber-conservaties inside their own guild.
One in a thousand cases is accepted, like the gyrocopter, but it's an extremely rare thing. Also, withthe time dwarves take to test things out, their newest innovation become quickly obsolete because they even see mass production.

Another thing that gimps their efforts is that dwarf engeneers are proud and jealous assholes who never tell anyone about their greatest projects.Look at Burlok's mechanical arm. It's perfect, but nobody save him knows how to make it. Or the steam train that was used in the Underway to move people and rsources. Now that the Underway went down, nobody even cares about making another train, despite his clear usefulness
>>
>>54314919
was intended for >>54314870
>>
>>54314919
I don't have source for this, but I think i read once somewhere that once a Dwarf Engineer came up with the steamversion of telephone, but when he discovered the skaven invented it first, he destroyed his own project because he didn't want other dwarves to think he copied from the ratmen, basically preventing the dwarf race of a extremely useful technology
>>
One of my player wants to play a prostitute in WFRP but I couldn't find a homebrew for it nor an entrance in any of the compendiums. What would you suggest.
>>
File: 1452817021733.png (84KB, 436x153px) Image search: [Google]
1452817021733.png
84KB, 436x153px
>>54314870
You have to remember that everything 'new' in the dwarven arsenal has undergone centuries of testing already. If some Engineer has the gall to try and use something that he invented within his own lifetime aside from for tests, he'd be the laughing stock of the Engineer's Guild - and probably kicked out, too. Dwarven Engineers in general are a bunch of pricks that will criticize even the most minor of flaws - or make up criticisms, going out of their way to harm an invention and then say that it should have held up better. And even when it's great, it's new, and new is a flaw. So they'll probably wait until after you're long dead to accept it.

They do make progress, and have been making progress, it's just glacial, almost stupidly glacial. And then even when it is given the green light, you have grumbling dwarves that refuse to use anything new-fangled and stick to crossbows and catapults and other tried-but-true tech. Which must be as mind-boggling as inventing the car, and then having people refuse to use anything other than a chariot - saddles are too new, you know.
>>
>>54314980
Bawd, Entertainer, Raconteur.
>>
>>54314980
There's a career for it in WFRP

Two actually, one is Tavern Wench,the other is Camp Follower
Camp Follower is probably your best bet
>>
>>54314980
Anything with an entertainment or social focus - other anons have good suggestions so far. Could also try Agitator if you want more of a street-hawker feel, maybe a Valet if you want a higher-status clientele.
>>
File: d36.jpg (41KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
d36.jpg
41KB, 600x405px
>>54312903
First of, how do you know it's Norsca? In terms of suitability for the upcoming expansion Tilea would work just as well if not better and are in greater need of getting some attention if we want a lorr accurate Tilea.

In terms of what we can expect from a redesigned Norsca some of these units would work wonders to distinguish them from WoC while making them an imposing faction of Chaos:
Ice Trolls
Khornate Berserkers
Bear shapeshifters - lorewide there's a whole tribe of them in Norsca IIRC.
Seidrs ( I think that that's the correct lore name)- Female witches and prophetesses, would make a neat hero sorcerer.
Huskarls - Norscan take on Warriors of Chaos.
Ulfwerener - Warriors who can shapeshift into half man-half wolves.
Werewolves.

Obligatory legendary hero would be Wulfrik the Wanderer - A chaos champion stupid and drunken enough to boast to the gods that he was the best fighter in the world. The gods cursed him to prove it and also gave him the capacity to sling the most horrific of taunts in whatever language existing. Thus Wulfrik sails the seas with his viking ship and followers looking for fights throughout the world.

Here's a good story about one of the greatest Chaos Lords that've came out of Norsca:
http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Egil_Styrbjorn
>>
>>54315118
>Egil
>Not Mortkin

Plebean pls
>>
File: Carcassonne_Shepherd.jpg (144KB, 538x618px) Image search: [Google]
Carcassonne_Shepherd.jpg
144KB, 538x618px
>woman in Bretonnia
>clearly breaking all the rules of Bretonnian dress for women - not wearing a dress, wearing breeches, showing off her hair

Explain this.
>>
>>54315176
Nobody gives a shit about how you dress if you're a paesant, especially if you're some sort of rutheless bastard that is used to fending off orcs and other nasty shit with a stick
>>
>>54315176
>peasants
>people.
>>
>>54315124
>Not understanding what "one of the greatest" means.

Self-hating plebeian please.
You probably voted for the populares and your father spends his time standing in line in the bread queue.
>>
>>54315204
Being this wrong.
Not dressing according to the societal norms regarding your status is tantamount to rebellion.
>>
>>54315284
>Caring about how a Carcassonne Sheperd dresses
>A Carcassonne Sheperd
>Basically hermits

Ok
>>
>>54315284
Brettonians turn a blind eye to shepherds/mercnaeiws-by-another-name.
>>
>>54315273
>Egil Styrbjorn
>Not being the absolute minimum required to be a Chaos Lord

It's almost like you don't think Chaos Lords are chosen of Chaos
>>
>>54315312
>Not thinking that an extremely religious and hierarchical society would implement sumptuary laws.

Ok.
>>
>>54315370
>Bretonnia
>Having sense

Bretonnian noble society and paesant society are two completely different things. As long as paesants pay their taxes, do what they're told to do and don't try to gut the tax collector, Bretonnian nobles don't care about them in the slightest
>>
>>54315347
>It's almost like you don't think Chaos Lords are chosen of Chaos.

It's almost like you don't think that being born in the purple is evidence of his chosen nature.
>>
>>54314715
Read the fluff for Giants of Albion.
>>
>>54311265
Halflings are already in the setting, anonymous.
>>
File: 300px-Katarin1.jpg (38KB, 300x245px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Katarin1.jpg
38KB, 300x245px
>>54314373
If anything, Kislev should have come BEFORE Norsca. They have way more known variety. Light, mobile cannons. Battle wagons. Winged lancers, with the elite Gryphon Legion. Kossars, who fight with great bows and two-handers. Streltsi, elite Kossars with arquebus and bardiche. Ungol horse archers. Priests of Ursun fighting side by side with berserking tamed bears. Priests of Daxh bringing the fire and Tor bringing the thunder. Hag witches summoning shrieking oblast spirits. Ice Witches freezing the shit out of Chaos queers. Tsar Boris riding a giant fucking bear. The Ice Queen being a bad-ass kyazak-freezing bitch. Tzarina Katarin the Bloody being a vampire lunatic.
>>
>>54314980
In 2e? Entertainer or Camp Follower for basic career. Head for Courtesan.
>>
>>54315176
Shepherdesses of Carcassonne get a number of social exceptions to the rules, and even the (local) nobles tolerate it.

Peasant women are more prone to cutting their hair short than elaborately covering it, by the by.
>>
>>54309276
Last time you bastards gave me no help, so now im going to try again with MORE VITRIOL

What do you guys think of this statline for a hand held harpoon launcher?

Harpoon Launcher (handheld)
Cost: 60 gc
Encumberance: 50
Group: Gunpowder
Damage: 4
Range: 8/16
reload: 2 full
Qualities; Impact, Unreliable, Special
Availability: Very rare

Harpoon Launchers are specialised for taking down the big beasts of the sea, but anything that can maim a whale can also kill a norscan.
Common practise is to tie the harpoon by a rope to the launcher, in order to keep hold of whatever is pierced.

With 2 degrees of success on the balistic skill check, A creature that is hit by the roped harpoon may attempt to dislodge the harpoon, but must succeed a sucessful willpower test and suffer an additional D10 damage, which may have ulrics fury due to the pain and trauma of removing the device. Alternatively, if intelligent the creature may roll an opposed strength roll with a -10% penalty to pull the launcher from its owners hands,

Once hooked, the owner may choose to pull on the launcher, causing d10 + sb-4 wounds, and on a sucessful opposed strength test draging the prey 1 square.

A harpoon costs 25 shillings, equal to a javelin.

An explosive harpoon costs 8 gc, the same as a bomb, and causes 8 damage instead. An explosive harpoon should not be roped, if simply for the loss of rope.
>>
>>54316207
>which may have ulrics fury

Whose WS is this being rolled on?
>>
>>54316150
Such wasted potential, kinda saddening really
>>
>>54316207
It doesn't make much sense for it to be a gunpowder weapon when the gunpowder will almost certainly get wet from the ocean spray let alone the waves constantly crashing over the whalers (remember whaling is done in boats, not ships ie rowboat sized)

Make it a heavy crossbow type weapon if you must, but thrown harpoons are even more badass imo
>>
>>54316243
No weapon skill needed, the harpoon is lodged in the flesh of the victim
>>
>>54316280
Thrown harpoons exist and I am statting the same as Javelins.

The thing is, gunpowder harpoon launchers were a real thing, so I dont think it doesnt make sense
>>
>>54316285
Brutal. Do they get armor against those wounds?
>>
>>54316280
Yee.
>>
>>54316285
That'll break it.
>>
>>54316306
My instinct says no, since that wouldnt make a lot of sense given its already lodged

>>54316458
Do you mean gameplay wise or physically?
>>
>>54309764
>It is the Slann who maintain the invisible magical barriers around the Northlands and the South Pole which keep the legions of Daemons at bay.

Nope.
What keeps daemons is bay is the vortex draining magic from the world.
>>
>>54316540
Gameplay wise. Remove Ulric on lodge damage and it's golden.
>>
>>54316633
I bow to your wisdom!
>>
>>54316597
Update the warhammer wiki then, anon.
>>
>>54316737
Why are you reading stuff from an online wiki, jackass? The sources are here for free.
>>
>>54316775
No need to be a cuntanon. And generally speaking, the warhammer wiki gets its info from the same stuff we have here.
>>
>>54316597
Dumbass
The Slann help keep the vortex up and running, ie:
>maintain the invisible magical barriers around the Northlands and the South Pole which keep the legions of Daemons at bay.

>maintain
>>
>>54310842
Mordheim is fun if you have a group of regulars, not as good for pickup play. Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum has a small but very dedicated group, and people really encourage the narrative/hobby aspect of the game.
>>
I can't be the only one who finds the lizfags dumb/boring and wish they didn't exist.
>>
File: pancake gator.jpg (194KB, 1024x686px) Image search: [Google]
pancake gator.jpg
194KB, 1024x686px
>>54317831
Only furfag side of them annoys me.
>>
>>54309331
Thanks. I have printed the old 1st. ed. GM's screen one, but it's of little usefullnes (whlist nostalgic).
>>
>>54310842
I have a going club, marvel of a game for running campaigns.
>>
dark elves roster for TW:WH 2
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/
>>
File: 1499993812333.jpg (2MB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1499993812333.jpg
2MB, 4000x2250px
>>
>>54310842
As the others have said, it really requires a relatively dedicated group of people to want to play it.

Thankfully it doesn't require many models to play, and the roleplaying aspects of it are what I always loved the most.
>tfw the movie Gladiator came out and the local store ran fights based on the fights in it for a day
>>
>>54311288
Dude, they are making a new WHFB RPG. GW abandoned the WHFB TT because it was failing but they did not abandon the setting. You might get a chance to visit all those places in the RPG and get more lore about them since TT games tend to be shit when it comes to the lore compared to RPGs that world build a lot.
>>
>>54319101
>these manfaces
This pleases me.
>>
File: 1499957150688.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499957150688.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>54319315
Witches are pretty in game.
>>
>>54319336
Looks like trannies.
>>
>>54317847
While it's not something I look for, so I can't be 100% certain, but there seems to be a lot more furfag stuff for just about anything else Warhammer related, than the Lizardmen. Especially Skaven. While the Lizardmen, with their caste-based society that only has asexual reproduction via magical pools of water, very much don't contribute to anything much that helps that sort of thing.

I love them myself, magic toads and all that. And am very happy that they seem to have taken 1st Place for "prettiest army in the game", from what we've seen from all the game trailers and artwork. I'm not sure what I was expecting to be honest, but I'm very pleased with what they're giving us. Skinks wearing warpaint and feathers from exotic birds, Mazdamundi with his giant gold hat and glowing eyes (I painted my Slann's eyes metallic silver).

And maybe I'm just annoyed at all the chariots I've been dealing with in my Brettonian game lately, but the Norse don't bring much to the table if you ask me, when it comes to what the FLC is going to be. My money is on something like "Dogs of War", or Tilea/Estalia.
>>
>>54319336
Sorry, I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>54319101
Is this TW:W artwork?
>>
>>54319376
Lizardmen have more porn than skaven, i guess people like to jerk off to walking burgers.
>>
>>54319384
Its featured on roster page.
>>
>>54309536
;)
>>
File: That motherfucker.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
That motherfucker.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
So what does anon think of the TW Malekith, I think the voice is pretty neat but I would've peferred his shadowy armour
>>
File: Malekith.jpg (102KB, 382x513px) Image search: [Google]
Malekith.jpg
102KB, 382x513px
>>54319627
They went with his ET arm or design since the game is based on 8th ED.
>>
File: kossars.png (1MB, 732x689px) Image search: [Google]
kossars.png
1MB, 732x689px
Are there any Kislev noble titles besides tzar/tzarina, boyar/boyarina, druzhina, and (apparently) tsarevich? What do Kislevites call nobles who aren't currently the head of a household, eg the daughter of a boyar?
>>
>>54319655
Sudaryna, gospozha whatever Russian word fits.
>>
>>54319627
Pretty good, the helmet looks silly, but he can almost pull it off.
>>
>>54319530
I thought it looked new. It looks like it was drawn by one of the new AOS artists.
>>
>>54319382
fuck off weaboo
>>
>>54319731
Artist did lot of 40k and WFRP art before.
>>
>>54319779
O thought it were the waifufags that want them to look kawaii.
>>
>>54319356
Just because she doesn't like like a fifteen year old elf anime princess?
>>
>>54320176
Because she looks like a western human tranny with some pointy ears tacked on. It's actually not bad, they are pretty close to the table-top figures.
>>
>>54319796
They're supposed to be beautiful, dude.
>>
>>54320290
Kawaii =/= beautiful. We are also just making fun of the false dichotomy.
>>
File: uguu.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
uguu.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
Reminder that if elves don't look like this they are literally Trannies that CA is pushing on us for some agenda
>>
>>54320354
The issue is these look like trannies.
>>
>>54320369
they don't. They are crack addicted elves that spend all the time fighting. Their faces aren't going to be round and full of fat.
>>
I don't know what everyones problem is. They look accurate. They could actually be even more tranny-like.
>>
>>54320369
They don't look like trannies. Arch and his crowd seem to be infesting this general
>>
File: 1494976862910.png (560KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494976862910.png
560KB, 640x960px
Anyone know if there was ever made a more complete dark tongue/chaos runes list?
>>
>>54320414
>dissing Fitzpatrick Witch Elves

Not cool
>>
>>54319376
what does lizardman sweat taste like
>>
>>54320414
GW being shit modellers is not an excuse. People into TWW are in it for the setting, not the shitty mini game.
>>
>>54316185
Do people seriously follow any of those rules when running their games? I understand that it's flavorful and helps separate Bretonnians from Imperials, but I feel like some of them are just too strange or silly to be taken seriously.
>>
>>54319101

>>54319376
I'm almost certain that half the reason they're doing a Norscan update is to tweak the AI a little and give them units they can spam that aren't just chariots.
>>
Reminder that Dreadlord (Female) is a strong independent shieldbearer who don't need no crossbow.
>>
>>54319101
So much edge....
>>
File: 1482279483844.jpg (151KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
1482279483844.jpg
151KB, 1024x764px
>>54320970
I believe so - there was a point where people would be able to read what this said, and it was some reference or insult of some sort.
>>
File: 1414183435967.jpg (36KB, 343x500px) Image search: [Google]
1414183435967.jpg
36KB, 343x500px
>>54322675
Oh no, a faction known for being evil sadists are being evil sadists! It's exactly what I expected!
>>
>>54316150
Fuck Norsca, Kislev please.
>>
>>54322764
By popular demand of this thread, all the edgy male elves should simply cease to exist and all the females should turn into moe animu girls with pointy ears.
>>
>>54322769
We're getting Norsca no matter what you people say. It's all but been confirmed.
>>
>>54322882
gay
>>
>>54322895
ASININE MORTAL
>>
>Dosen't want werewolves, mammoths, berserkers, Savage immortal giants, and ice trolls
I think you're the gay one.
>>
>>54322960
>werewolves

gay

>mammoths

they're just hairy elephants, gay

>berserkers

autistic people then? gay

>immortal giants

not actually immortal, so gay

>ice trolls

we have enough trolls already, g a y
>>
>>54318999
Looks good. I assume they'll add Kharibdyss and Medusae later.
>>
File: E9YSPg6.jpg (252KB, 1280x917px) Image search: [Google]
E9YSPg6.jpg
252KB, 1280x917px
>>
>>54319655
>Are there any Kislev noble titles besides tzar/tzarina, boyar/boyarina, druzhina, and (apparently) tsarevich?
If you'd like to go more PLC than mother Russia route then there isn't and should not be any other titles.
One of PLC nobility fetish was equality so among nobility everyone is just noble nothing else by default and exceptions are super rare, cause every noble is equal to all other nobles in the face of the law and titles.

In that way druzhina is not noble title but function of being part of druzhina, military unit kind of royal guard but powerful boyars may have their own druzhinas.
Also tsarevich is son of Tsar, there should be different female "title" but I don't know Russian (carewiczówna in Polish)
And everyone noble is "Mr", "Miss" and you should use it every time you say something to someone, unless you are friends, then it is plain "you".
I think above is common in Slavic languages, that you call superiors by Mr/Miss + title if held (tovarish, citizen during communism), or just Mr/Miss if you don't know their title

t. Polfag
>>
>>54324386
Thank you, that will be useful.
>>
>>54320357

It's not like there is middle ground you fucking retard.

Those models look ugly even for real world standards.
>>
File: blackfire.jpg (199KB, 598x800px) Image search: [Google]
blackfire.jpg
199KB, 598x800px
WOE IS THE FATE OF THE BATTLE OF BLACK FIRE PASS

WHOSE CONTENTS WE MAY NEVER YET KNOW
>>
>>54322769
>>54316150
>>54314373
They said right off the bat that it wasn't Kislev with the initial announcement. They're fully aware how much people want to Slav. Some are holding out that they'll be a major faction for game 3 as the "good guys" since the only armybook races left at that point will be Daemons, Ogres, and Chorfs.

>>54315118
We don't know it's Norsca, it's just the most likely considering that it's not Kislev, has monsters, and is a fleshed out race instead of a new one. That second point makes it unlikely to be TEB Dogs of War.
>>
>>54324308
They kept most of the 8th edition stuff thank Sigmar.
>>
>>54325253
Where have they confirmed that it will include monsters?
>>
File: 1497919268822.png (2MB, 1680x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497919268822.png
2MB, 1680x1200px
>>54326925
> What’s in the Race Pack DLC?
> We will shortly announce what the Race is, but it will be a completely reworked faction for the Old World complete with new units including some unique new monsters, 2 new Legendary Lords each with unique skills trees, quest chains and unique starting positions.
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/serpent-god-edition-faq/
>>
>>54309276
I'm currently about to run a WFRP2e campaign, and I came across something strange.

In the expanded character compendium I saw that all careers related to fishing, hunting, farming, woodcutting and mining were not available if you decided to play as an elf.

This prompted me to go back to the core rules an check for restrictions, since I couldn't recall there ever being any, and indeed there were none.

Then, after scratching my head for a while, I read something in the description of elves:

>[Elves] despise those that destroy the purity of nature, be they proud Humans, greedy Dwarfs, or evil Orcs.

Ok, so that kinda makes sense, I guess. But then other questions started popping up in my head: If elves don't fish, hunt, chop firewood or toil in the fields how do they live? I'm guessing not malnourished and out in the cold "cuz magic"?

I read somewhere that they have big magic farms someplace I can't remember the name of, that apparently is elf-kosher and not disrupting the purity of nature according to elf-think.

So fine, they can sustain their societies with elf mumbo jumbo. But assuming all this is true, how the hell does an elf character adventuring in the Empire manage to sleep at night, knowing the inn he's staying at is built from trees felled at a clearcutting, or that the meat stew he had for supper was a pig born in captivity before it met an early death at the butcher?

How does an elf sustain himself in the empire?
Are the majority of elf characters adventuring in the Empire outcasts that don't live according to the moral and ethical philosophy of their kin?

Please help, I'm not super well read on the lore.
>>
File: ase1313123.jpg (420KB, 1210x1362px) Image search: [Google]
ase1313123.jpg
420KB, 1210x1362px
Mono Nurgle WoC-anon here again.
I'm currently working on a unit of Warrior of Nurgle with shields who are fluffwise an eclectic collection of soldiers from various parts of the warhammer world who have all been allured by the promises of Papa. As the theme for my army is that of a (former) Mercenary Company devoted to Nurgle who have spent plenty of time amongst the Border Princes I'm trying to find some inspiration for how I should shape the last 4 minis in the unit be it from a conversion standpoint or fluffwise. If anyone have any ideas or suggestions I'd love to hear about them.

This particular regiment is meant to represent the elite of the footsluggin' army whoose primary purpose is to act as bodyguards for any important personnel within the company. As such I want the regiment to have a very motley apperance as it's meant to be made up out individuals who are just short of attaining the "rank" of aspiring Champion.

If anyone is interested I could post the fluff that I've come up with for the individual warrior/chosen within the regiment. I'd love me some input on it after all.
>>
File: asdasd123123.jpg (340KB, 1210x1354px) Image search: [Google]
asdasd123123.jpg
340KB, 1210x1354px
>>54327159
Some more pictures of the regiment. This one is of the current mini I'm working on.
>>
File: 225f7d8f2981e2c8cdb4d73db67ebae3.jpg (404KB, 1690x949px) Image search: [Google]
225f7d8f2981e2c8cdb4d73db67ebae3.jpg
404KB, 1690x949px
>>54327177
And here are the unpainted ones I've built as of yet.
>>
>>54326991
Cheers mate!
>>
anyone here have a module or game with premade armies and terrain on tabletop simulator and want to get paid $10 per hour tomorrow morning into early afternoon to teach me and a friend how to play?

we work 50+ hours a week and dont have time or energy to learn it and figured it would be more fun to be taught it as we play
>>
What are some places I can organise online Warhammer fantasy rp 2e games? Almost zero on roll20
>>
File: 1487871777860.png (1MB, 893x950px) Image search: [Google]
1487871777860.png
1MB, 893x950px
Are Mousilion and Sylvania fated to remain forever undead lands?
>>
File: milek-jakubiec-image003.jpg (114KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
milek-jakubiec-image003.jpg
114KB, 1200x675px
Does anyone have some art from WH:TW? I'm looking for some of the Wood Elf loading screen art, but all my searches are bringing up nothing. I did find this one picture though.
>>
File: Wood-Elf-Armybook-Art.jpg (438KB, 1680x1135px) Image search: [Google]
Wood-Elf-Armybook-Art.jpg
438KB, 1680x1135px
>>54330667
Sorry, but take this as a consolation prize.
>>
File: milek-jakubiec-image008.jpg (156KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
milek-jakubiec-image008.jpg
156KB, 1200x675px
>>54330667
>>
File: milek-jakubiec-image007.jpg (147KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
milek-jakubiec-image007.jpg
147KB, 1200x675px
>>54330667
>>
File: milek-jakubiec-image002.jpg (150KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
milek-jakubiec-image002.jpg
150KB, 1200x675px
>>54331065
>>
>>54331100
>M'lord, how close should we move the trebuchets?
>As close as possible to make sure we can't hit more than the base of the tree. That will show them!
>>
>>54331306
>bretonnians are borderline retarded.
who would have thunk.
>>
File: thatsthejoke.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
thatsthejoke.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
>>54331328
Congratulations anon! You figured out exactly what the joke was about, aren't you so smart. Here's a (You) just for you, and a reaction image, just to show how wonderful you are for figuring that out and explaining it to everyone else, just in case they weren't as clever and witty as you!
>>
>>54319627

I actual 3D space with dynamic lighting that sort of shit doesn't look very good.

Hell, we only buy it for the Ring Wraiths because we know that there literally isn't anything underneath their robes.
>>
File: comic malekith.png (1MB, 805x693px) Image search: [Google]
comic malekith.png
1MB, 805x693px
>>54331423
Could be a magical enchantment to hide his scars, maybe even a roiling black cloud that grows more turbulent with his rage. You could even probably make his actual face work - they did it before for a comic. Morathi was also far hotter.

The golden mask just bothers me, especially since despite the snarled expression it doesn't actually look that evil. It's almost like a petulant display because he's afraid he's not going to get noticed.
>>
>>54314948

There is also the tale that when the skaven invented the jezzail, dwarfs would not admit that the ratmen had something that outranged them, so they refused to take cover
>>
Probably yes.

Despite not being many, vampires are not an enemy that can be trifled with.
>>
>>54331471
but malekith is a petulant manbabby
>>
>>54327132
There are no character compendiums that divide careers based on race afaik.
If you use the careers divided by birthplace table, keep in mind that it only considers human characters, so the thing is useless if you roll anything else.

I'll do some research and see what i can find.

>how do elves live in the empire?
Elven enclaves hunt, farm and woodcut. Sometimes they also trade with nearby human settlements. Other times they fashon themselves mercenaries. More radical wood elves probably rob and kill whoever gets too close to their favoured tree
>>
>>54330129
Well, Sylvania has always been a dark place. Even back when it was tribal, it was ruled by sorcerer-kings of uncertain providence, likely due to how strongly the Winds of Magic blow here. Dhar seems to collect 'naturally' here, though whether that's due to the warpstone, all the death and misery, or the vampires is anyone's guess. Even if you removed the vampires (or shitty human rulers) and the place had a long period of relative plenty such that cannibalism waned, you'd still have to contend with the warpstone contamination in the soil.

Mousillon, on the other hand, used to be beautiful, and it descended into its state of freely-roaming undead, seething dhar, madness, creeping swamps, etc. Someone or someTHING made Mousillon what it is today, and seems to still be working its evil. If you could find that and stop it,. you might stop Mousillon from decaying further. This was a matter I considered for my WFRP game.
>>
>>54327132
Most elves living in the Empire live in enclaves, special areas of cities set aside for them. Since they're so well respected, they tend to get to enforce their own rules and take care of their own business. This is obviously more common with coastal cities, since most elves come from Ulthuan. As for what they do, they'll act as merchants, specialists in certain crafts or even magic...anything elven-make is considered far superior to most human things, so there'll always be a buyer.

Don't work yourself into knots over the purity of nature bit. Elves generally still chop wood and hunt and all those things, they just don't do it in ways that are destructive or polluting, they're all clean and tidy. Wood Elves are probably the ones that most like to live in harmony with nature, and they don't tend to get out much.
>>
>>54331638
>Don't work yourself into knots over the purity of nature bit. Elves generally still chop wood and hunt and all those things, they just don't do it in ways that are destructive or polluting, they're all clean and tidy. Wood Elves are probably the ones that most like to live in harmony with nature, and they don't tend to get out much.

This. They do these things, just in an aware, careful way rather than the typical human industrial methods.
>>
>>54331638
>Don't work yourself into knots over the purity of nature bit. Elves generally still chop wood and hunt and all those things, they just don't do it in ways that are destructive or polluting, they're all clean and tidy.

Makes sense when 'Protecting nature for the next generation' isn't a thing with your lifespan and instead you have 'Making sure there is some left when you need it later'
>>
>>54331756
>Industrial
>Where woodcutters are stated to plant an acorn for every oak they fell

Elves don't even fell trees probably, they either pick up the stick from the ground or use some kind of magic to regenerate or even shape the trees in the form they need
>>
File: 1496031953364.png (212KB, 300x369px) Image search: [Google]
1496031953364.png
212KB, 300x369px
Hello, I've made two magical artifacts for WHRP2, and I would like some critique - are they good and properly worded, but more importantly are they "warhammer"?

Name: Mirror Armor
Academic Knowledge: Magic
Powers: This full mail armor allows the wearer to dodge any magic missiles directed at him. If successful the spell is deflected and deals no damage. On a success of two or more degrees, the spell is turned back at the caster and thus he suffers all the effects of the spell. The armor does not grant additional dodge attempts per turn.

Name: Shield of the Sun, Moon and Stars
Academic Knowledge: Astrology
Powers: The shield has three abilities.
Firstly, upon successfully blocking an attack, the shield can be activated to release a sharp flash of sunlight, and the blocked opponent must make an agility test or be stunned for 1 round, additionally vampires who are hit take a damage 4 hit from this ability.
Secondly, the shield can also be activated to parry melee attacks from ethereal creatures, and with a successful parry release rays of moonlight which allows mundane weaponry to damage the blocked creature as it did not have the ethereal trait for 1 minute (6 rounds)– this is opposed with a successful willpower test.
Thirdly the shield can extend a starry aura of protection to all allies (including yourself) within 12 yards, granting a -10% ballistic skill penalty to attacks made against them for 1 minute (6 rounds). This bonus however is only applied to allies that are wielding shields. All these three abilities can be used each day a total of three times.
>>
>>54309276
So how does 2e effectively play? I want to run something that isn't the proprietary bullcrap of FFG's 3e and 4e isn't out for a long time.

It seems to me that 2e is basically proto-FFG rogue trader with similar stat lines and such. Would that be a fair assumption to make? If so should I be making encounters into 'incredibly deadly except through team work' or is it a bit more held back with the intrinsic balance?
>>
>>54331827
Wood elves probably do, yes, but I doubt high elves do.

And while the rural woodcutter does as you say, I imagine city or town ones are less conscientious. For a certainty, the former can earn the tolerance - if not necessarily the respect - of local wood elves. Provided they don't go where they're told not to and leave off cutting where the elves say they shouldn't.
>>
>>54331910
>It seems to me that 2e is basically proto-FFG rogue trader with similar stat lines and such
No

It plays well anon. Provided you don't try and force it into something it's not meant to be
>>
>>54331910
It runs like Rogue Trader if RT actually worked. Encounters are somewhat hard to balance because Slaughter Margin is a (deliberately? ) vague system, but you'll learn to eyeball it. Honestly, even weak enemies can be deadly to strong characters, since progression in WFRP is on a shallower curve than most RPGs. Low wound counts keep everyone mortal.

Experiment. You'll catch on quickly. Goblins, rats, wolves, skaven, and low tier thugs all make for good enemies for new characters, I can say. Just beware ganging up on a PC, this very rapidly becomes very lethal!
>>
>>54331872
Both seem okay, but the second is way too busy in my opinion. Pick an effect or two, and call it good.

This is just a personal bias, but I like to give powerful magic artifacts a drawback. Not a 'lolchaosuded' one, but something like with Frlix's sword, where it made him suicidal brave against dragons.
>>
>>54331872
I'd drop the "parry ethereal attacks" from the shield

The shield is already magical, so it can be used to parry ethereal attacks already
>>
>>54331872
Feels fitting. The 1ed sourcebooks Apocraphya 1 and 2 have random magic item generation tables.
>>
File: 1500106849138.jpg (227KB, 1140x1532px) Image search: [Google]
1500106849138.jpg
227KB, 1140x1532px
AYO HOL UP
>tortures victim profusely
SO HOL UP HOL UP
>raids Bordeleaux
SO U BE SAYIN
>sharpens sword
SO HOL UP U BE SAYIN
>sharpens shield
AYYYOOOO SO U BE SAYIN
>sharpens helmet
U BE SAYIN
>whips dwarf slave
HOL UP HOL UP
>raids Nagarythe and fails
AYYOO U BE SAYIN
>bathes in cold one slime
SO U BE SAYIN
>sharpens codpiece
HOL UP SO U BE SAYIN
>hires assassins
WE WUZ
>backstabs behind alley
FINNA WE WUZ
>gets murdered by shadow warrior
AYYYOOO HOL UP WE WUZ
>loads crossbow
SO WE WUZ
>instinctively looks around for witch elves
SO U SAYIN WE WUZ
>blends in with snow
SOM FINNA
>tames manticore
SO WE WUZ
>fails invasion of Ulthuan
SOM FINNA
>violates witch elf
AYYOOO SOM FINNA
>violates manticore
HOL UP
>is violated by witch elf
WE WUZ
>slips poison into your food
SOM FINNA
>plots to overthrow Malekith
WE WUZ
>rewrites ulthuan invasion plan
SOM FINNA
>raids Naggarond
HOL UP MUH DRUCHII
>worships self
U SAYIN WE WUZ
>breaks alliance
SOM FINNA
>sleeps with mother
FEENIX KANGZ N SHEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT?
>dies to a barracks shooting
>>
>>54332110

>Posting the terrible rewritten version

Why does this even exist?

Was the original not worksafe enough for Reddit or something?
>>
>>54332121
If you got it, post it, ulthuani scum
>>
File: beastwizard.jpg (202KB, 1024x774px) Image search: [Google]
beastwizard.jpg
202KB, 1024x774px
>>54309276
Tell me if this is stupid or not.

The player characters are blessed by an unknown entity (some sort of Tomb Kings character) has embued all three of them with a golden scarab into their chest, that causes them to revive from any grisly death at each 11th hour. They can't remove the golden scarab, and each time they revive they feel a part of their humanity/dwarfmanity/elfmanity etc lost (I am sure you can get the idea).

Basically Dark Souls finagled into WF that has the potential for some interesting death-oriented puzzles or challenges.
>>
>>54332148
Could work, but it'll be a challenge to fit it in.

Best advice? Drop fate points, they won't be needing them. Get real intimate with the insanity and corruption system - mandatory points every death would work.
>>
>>54332211
Ooh, I like that.
>>
>>54332039
>>54332062
>>54332101
Thanks for the feed back.
Regarding magic weapons, are there any magical guns in the Warhammer lore?
I had an idea for a magical gun that ignores magical defenses against missiles, such as the spell Wind Blast - but when it is fired it makes such a loud and thunderous noice that anyone with in the area must test or be deafened for a while.
>>
>>54332148
It could easily fit if their benefactor is a member of the Mortuary Cult. Easy explanation? The PCs are all descended from or related to a treasure hunting gang from centuries ago, and this priest wants them to go find what was stolen before his master wakes up and notices his ivory dildo or whatever is missing and things get REALLY bad.

>>54332211
This.
>>
>>54332247
There is no mention of actually magic guns in the lore, but warplock and skaven jezzail guns are basically already magic since they fire warpstone bullets

I'm pretty sure a Dwarf runesmith could make some runic guns that has some effect like the one you described, but would be so perfect it probably won't have any drawback effect
>>
>>54332247
None that I know of, unless you count dwarfen runes or Chaos dwarf hellcannons. There was also that time a black magister got some Nuln greatcannons possessed by a daemon...
>>
>>54327132
The premise of WFRP is that the PCs have abandoned their previous life (that is, their starting career) and are now "adventurers" (by choice or not)
>>
File: 1471552200484.jpg (178KB, 737x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471552200484.jpg
178KB, 737x900px
>>54332281
>It could easily fit if their benefactor is a member of the Mortuary Cult. Easy explanation? The PCs are all descended from or related to a treasure hunting gang from centuries ago, and this priest wants them to go find what was stolen before his master wakes up and notices his ivory dildo or whatever is missing and things get REALLY bad.

Honestly I was thinking the same thing, having their 'handler' be a Liche Priest. I was going to start them in Stirland, so it seems like it would be easy for this priest to meet up with the party and direct them at the heed of his Tomb Liege. I do like the whole 'they are ancestors of an old treasure hunting gang' from centuries ago thing. Perhaps whatever they originally stole was divided into three chunks - each in a different corner of the Old World. Something in Templehof, something in Marienburg and something in Karak Eight Peaks.
>>
>>54332306
Consider also such charming places as Sartosa, or if you want to use places no sane PCs ever go, Naggaroth, Norsca, Athel Loren, or the Chaos Wastes.
>>
File: 1500074558863.jpg (233KB, 598x800px) Image search: [Google]
1500074558863.jpg
233KB, 598x800px
>>54325174
>One letter away from a cool title
>>
>>54332325
That is true as well. Any other neat ideas? I was almost thinking that a good reoccuring villain would be an inquisitive vampire who is curious as to why he can't control what amounts to being (to him) undead. But yet still appear living without the fiendish features of his kind.
>>
>>54332306
If you can get your hands on the old Doomstone campaign, changing the macguffin from a dwarfen rune engine to a Nehekharan relic could work for you.

The ending even sort of fits too.
>>
>>54331603
>Someone or someTHING made Mousillon what it is today, and seems to still be working its evil.

Well yeah, the Red Duke. He got backstabbed by the other nobles then he's been offered the blood kiss while he was bleeding on the floor (by the original blood dragon, don't remember his name), went back to Mousillon and turned it into an undead Dukedom
>>
>>54332340
>"The Battle of Black Fire Ass."
>Or "Orc Shaman regrets eating that Taco Bell Ghost Pepper Super Burrito."
>>
File: 284446-full.jpg (99KB, 278x400px) Image search: [Google]
284446-full.jpg
99KB, 278x400px
>>54332367
I considered a vampire is a recurring villain too. If this artifact wad broken into pieces, perhaps it is especially powerful even separated and therefore ultimately of interest to those who find out about it. Here the sky is the limit. Of course there are obvious antagonists, like a Khorne champion who wants to destroy it or a Tzeentchian who needs it for his part in the Changer of Ways' plans. Hell, you could even have Skaven want it! But consider also "good" rivals - members of the Grey College being all spoopy, Bretonnians questing for it on a vision from the Lady, Imperial treasure hunting asshole nobles...if a few people are after it, the PCs may even have reason to make common cause with some of them to defeat the others.
>>
>>54332387
Nah, it was before even that, when Landuin was alive, or more specifically, after he wounded a comrade about the face over a mysterious dispute and started seeing strange foreign advisors before mysteriously wasting away and dying of ILLNESS, something that happened to no other Grail Companion.

I sense the hand of Nagash. Supposedly Landy took Gilles' death the hardest. Who knows what deals he might have made in his grief and ignorance?
>>
File: 1493739535434.png (2MB, 650x860px) Image search: [Google]
1493739535434.png
2MB, 650x860px
>>54332287
>>54332294
Okay I've come up with two magical firearms:
Name: Hell Howler Handgonne
Academic Knowledge: Daemonology
Powers: This horrific firearm is of Chaos Dwarf make and is so large and bulky that it imposes a -1 movement penalty to non-sturdy characters. The weapon packs such a powerful shot that it can pierce through magical barriers that would otherwise deflect missiles such as the spell Wind Blast, Shimmering Cloak and Guard of Steel. However, when fired the weapon lets out a horrifying scream with such force that anyone within 16 yards must make a fear test, the wielder must test willpower or be stunned 1 round.

Name: Lightning Gun
Academic Knowledge: Science / Astrology
Powers: This alien device fits over the arm of the wielder, where a hair-trigger allows the weapon to shoot a bright-blue arc of lightning at any target within 16 yards, dealing a damage 7 hit and it must succeed a challenging (-10%) toughness test or be stunned for 1 round. However, the weapon has an unnatural effect on the psyche of the wielder, and he must likewise succeed a challenging (-10%) willpower test or gain 1 insanity point.

The last one is inspired by the Lightning Gun that HP Lovecraft's Yith use, and I intent to have it feature in an adventure about chaos creature spawning in various connected lakes in the Empire.
>>
>>54332538
Both seem workable. You need to clarify how or if they reload, how many shots they have, and also if the dawi zharr gun ignores Aethyric Armor.
>>
>>54311532
As someone new to whf and focused on my favorite army exclusively till recently reading the books, can you give me a quick run down on dwarfed doomstones? After reading Headtaker, I have alot of respecially and interest in dawi culture and lore.
>>
>>54332716
The Doomstones was a 1ed campaign that received a lot of criticism for being too dnd-y and hack and slash focus.

It's old lore, based around the idea that the dearf cataclysm was caused by the dwarfs making four runestones to harness the raw powers of the realm of chaos, but they got corruptedby tzeentch and blew up their society when used.

In short - campaign about finding ancient powerful magical relics that have been hidden and forgetten about for millenia.
>>
>>54331638
I was under the impression that there's not enough Elves in the Empire to have city enclaves. Either they live in forest enclaves, or they go around as individuals or small groups. Ulthuan elves are another matter.
>>
>>54333122
You would be wrong. There are major elven quarters in a number of cities across the Old World, usually sea ports, though not always. Nuln is one exception, so is Altdorf. Marienburg is of course the most famous, but Erengrad has a sizable elven quarter too. Most of these elves - an overwhelming majority - are Ulthuani or the descendants thereof, as wood elves tend to hate and even fear human cities.
>>
>>54333163
I didn't express myself clearly. What I meant is that elven city enclaves in the Empire are Ulthuani. "Wood" elves from Laurelorn keep to themselves.
>>
>>54319336

"no"
>>
>>54332538
The chaos dwarf gun i'd rename it to Screaming Blunderbuss. Chorfs are known to use that kind of weapon and it clarifies that is the weapon to be magic, rather than the ammo used

I'm not a fan of the arc/gauss gauntlet, but why the hell not. Make it powered by warpstone and of Skaven origin
>>
>>54333397
>Make it powered by warpstone and of Skaven origin

There are rules for making Skryre devices that shoot Warp Lightning (as the spell) in Children of the Horned Rat.

This version could alternatively be a Lizfag weapon, assuming anon doesn't wanna use an unknown third party alien. There's precedent for those in G&F
>>
File: One of many Yvraine's paths.jpg (561KB, 1680x692px) Image search: [Google]
One of many Yvraine's paths.jpg
561KB, 1680x692px
Guilliman's girlfriend is in TWW2.
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/886208750230528000
>>
>>54322702

That's readable with the Dark Tongue >>54320970 posted.

"Mary had a little goat,
and I cut its fucking throat"
>>
>>54333720

Did they accidentally release something they weren't meant to?
>>
>>54334198
They removed it from twitter, its up on facebook.
https://www facebook com/TotalWar/?hc_ref=ARRikujXjuN5TTqRkH2ovBEWdI6gotcE5EjEBAkHXRwkR8Bw1MB-m_cF4Ca9O9oZNmE&fref=nf
>>
Female Dreadlord? Is that cannon? I dunno guys.
>>
>>54327132

It's a crunch-linked restriction, in a way enticing the players to bend the rules or develop house rules.

Note it's the 'purity' of nature - if they were strictly anti-destruction there wouldn't be White Lions right?

tl;dr I think you're just being deliberately flippant.
>>
File: ecm table.png (560KB, 426x995px) Image search: [Google]
ecm table.png
560KB, 426x995px
Thanks for the feedback everyone! It really helps!

>>54331586
It was the Starting Career table in the "Extended Character Module" that caught my eye. It's an unofficial publication, but it I'm just using it for tables to complement the character creation process a bit.

Pic related is the aforementioned table. Here you can see that the rolling results for an elf starting career doesn't include charcoal-burner, fisherman etc.

Now, I know this table isn't anything substantial rules-wise, but it just got me thinking. Why did the author decide to do that? What part of the lore that I'm not aware of did they call into consideration?

>>54331638
>Don't work yourself into knots over the purity of nature bit.
Yeah, I guess... But even then. An elf living in the Empire, in one of the big cities, would still be plagued by cognitive dissonance; a city is a pretty big affront to nature. It's an artificial space that allows individuals to live besides nature (instead of in it), but the only reason the space is able to exist and grow is that it lays claim to ever growing swathes of land, resources, and other peoples time and labor outside of it's physical domain.

Cities (and by extension even the Empire itself) would seem like a cancer upon nature to an elf.

... (cont.)
>>
>>54327190

cool kitbashes!

I was wondering what kit the one with the roman legionnaire style leggings came from?

specifically the leggings!
>>
>>54335157

Are all elves just jaded and dejected due to this? Many of them have witnessed the birth of man and their way of ordering the world around them. Seeing the slow demise of their own kind, and knowing that these meek beings one day supposedly will save the mortal realm from the forces of chaos.
But if they really are to inherit this world, what kind of masters will the turn out to be? Is their world not actually just as bad as that of chaos? Chaos is total entropy, and the Empire of Man is total order.
The elves are really stuck in the middle fighting for nature, and torn between either just completely detaching themselves and dying in their pipe dream, or trying to make a difference towards the balance of things even if it means dirtying your fair hands from time to time.

Sorry for the ramblings. But this little inconsistency (if you can call it that) is surprisingly helpful in fleshing out my world and the conflicts within it, even though it probably will go a bit off-canon I suspect.
>>
>>54335197
You're overthinking a non-canon table. Elves build cities. Most major human cities I'm the Old World are built on elven ruins thereof, in fact.
>>
>>54335197
>the Empire of Man is total order
Lol no. It's a clusterfuck of competing interests
>>
File: 1500138287259.jpg (348KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1500138287259.jpg
348KB, 1000x1414px
Oh my...
>>
>>54335916

>That sword

Gotta reuse them animations from Warhammer 1 I guess
>>
>>54335197
But they aren't fighting for nature.
>>
>>54335648
>Elves build cities. Most major human cities I'm the Old World are built on elven ruins thereof, in fact.
That's right. Forgot that. So what would you say set the elves apart from humans in any substantial way, besides their physique and approach to magic?

>>54335728
>clusterfuck of competing interests
So chaos?
On a serious note though. When I say the Empire is total order I mean it imposes certain order of things wherever it goes. There's a multitude to life within the Empire, sure, but it's contained.
I don't mean to argue against you as much as I just wanna explore the subject.

How would you play an elf woodsman or peasant really?
>>
>>54336515
Please explicate...
>>
>>54325253
Kislev has to be the human faction for Game 3. There's no one else they could use.
>>
>>54336636
There will be no human factions in third game, only ogres vs chaos daemons and chaos dwarfs bowl.
>>
>>54336525
Personally taught by the Old Ones. Much greater capacity for magic and less prone to mutate. Their civilization is very old and has refined itself to be minimally wasteful in many ways.
>>
>>54335916
Do you think her pussy is blacked by magical corruption too?
>>
>>54336669
>There will be no human factions in third game,

No one will buy a game that's just Ogres versus Chaos versus literally who's. They will need a human faction, for variety on the campaign map if nothing else.
>>
>>54336732
A faction that wasn't supported in 8th edition. They made lizardshits posterboys of second game, daemons will be of third.
>>
>>54336758

>A faction that wasn't supported in 8th edition.

They literally don't have enough factions, they're already digging into unsupported factions for DLC for the first game.
>>
>>54336758
>A faction that wasn't supported in 8th edition.

Neither was Norsca. Doesn't change the fact that they need more than three factions, one of which is barely known at all, in order to make a third game.
>>
>>54336795
Bretonnia was playable in 8th, Kislev is not.
>Also russians as posterboys in 2017
>>
>>54336795
Kislev is also in large and vocal demand, and has been (along with the dawi zharr) since day one.
>>
>>54336817

>Bretonnia was playable in 8th

I'm not talking about the Brets

There's one last DLC for Warhammer 1 and it's not a faction that had support in 8th edition.

They're revealing what faction it is next week, most people are betting on a stand-alone Norsca faction.
>>
>>54336815
>more than three factions,
Daemons of Khorne, Daemons of Slaanesh, Daemons of Tzeentch, Daemons of Nurgle, Chaos Undivided, Ogre Kingdoms, Tomb Kings, Chaos Dwarfs.

>>54336858
Dogs of war.
>>
>>54336874

TK will be in TWW2, and nobody but the most rabid Chaosfag will buy TWW3 if it's Ogres and Chaos: the game. I certainly wouldn't.
>>
>>54336874

>Daemons of Khorne, Daemons of Slaanesh, Daemons of Tzeentch, Daemons of Nurgle

>Literally about 5 units each
>"Factions"

lel
>>
>>54336913
Chaosfags are biggest Warhammer fanbase.
>>
>>54336926

Kek, keep dreaming.
>>
File: adrian-smith-frontispiece.jpg (371KB, 1200x1662px) Image search: [Google]
adrian-smith-frontispiece.jpg
371KB, 1200x1662px
>>54336925
Plus cult human troops of course. Its not Warhammer if it doesn't have Khorne Berserkers and Blight Knights.

>>54336943
I am not chaosfag and i know Chaos is most popular thing about setting.
>>
Ignoring the mong, who else can they add in TWW3 besides Kislev? Surely they'll want at least a couple more factions for DLC, and yet all they've got at this point is TK, DoW, Kislev, and Araby.
>>
File: total-war-warhammer-2-3.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
total-war-warhammer-2-3.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>54309276
i only introduction to fantasy has been total war, i know very little of the lore

what's up with the different ages, like age of sigmar and end times? are they canon? because i thought 40K was just fantasy in the future but i was told they aren't canon.

also, Malekith looks metal, red pill me on him
>>
>>54336636
If TWW 3 is centered around eastern old world the human faction will be cathay or some shit
>>
>>54337023
Fimir, Zoats and Halflings of course, i will be surprised if there is Kislev and not half-orcs.
>>
>>54337023
>eastern old world

Ogres, chaos dwarves, cathay
>>
>>54335167
Thanks!

Are you refering to the guy with the leather straps groin-guard who got a tall feather on his helmet? His pants are from the Marauder-box.
>>
>>54336926
>>54337000
Must be why they lost the Storm campaign so badly GW flipped the table.
>>
>>54336675
Thank you!
>>
>>54337026
Age of Sigmar is a different product in a different setting that took stuff from the real Warhammer Fantasy to give it a boost on launch. It happens after the end of the world. That end was the End Times product era, very controversial among the vast majority of fans for being rushed, sloppy, and full of retcons.

Most fans ignore most fluff from 7th or 8th edition when the retcons started hitting. The Storm of Chaos you'll hear mentioned was GW's first try at an End Times, but Chaos lost. The RPG was set in this timeline.

Malekith is the king of the Dark Elves, a megalomaniac who believes he is the true Phoenix King of the elves. He failed the test for this process after murdering his friend and current king, manipulated by his mother, a secret Chaos worshiper. Unable to accept this, he had his ruined body encased in armor and tried to take rulership by force - he failed. He set up a new kingdom in Naggaroth, where he bides his time to take his birthright. He regularly screws his own mother.
>>
File: who faction.jpg (143KB, 653x643px) Image search: [Google]
who faction.jpg
143KB, 653x643px
>>54337161
No one cares about goofy slavs on bears.
>>
>>54337278
>A main faction is more known and spoken about than the background one
What a fucking suprise anon, who would've knew
>>
>>54333122
Not every city, but mostly coastal ones. It really depends on where Elves want to keep contact, and where they want to maintain trade.

For whatever reason, there are enough elves in the Empire for most Imperials to recognize an elf when they see one, where most Bretonnians - unless they live in L'Anguille - won't know what an elf is. Probably the stupidest bit of lore I've ever heard to explain why they can't recognize elves living among them, but it does give a sense of how widespread elves can and cannot be.
>>
>>54337326
So more people would buy game dedicated to them rather than bearfuckers.
>>
>>54337265
thanks

so from what i heard Manfred ended the world or something. so when they moved to age of sigmar and end times (are they different?) that's a a new world so to speak or is it post-apocalypse?
>>
File: soc.jpg (665KB, 1241x1754px) Image search: [Google]
soc.jpg
665KB, 1241x1754px
>>54337161
Archaon's Horde came second.
>>
>>54337455
>Kislev is veeery last even when it was supported.
This kills slav poster.
>>
>>54337455
If we assume that the amount of victories corresponds to the amount of players somehow, then Hordes of Chaos was easily the most popular army. GW counted all four mono-God armies separately along with Chaos Undivided. I have no idea what Hordes of Chaos means on this list though.
>>
>>54337455
I love this, like a little slice of history when Warhammer Fantasy was great.

It's very sad that GW looked at this and was so angry that Chaos lost that they felt the need to retcon it all and kill the entire setting.

I don't know how they got so personably butthurt that one faction of many they owned won, as if the others were supposed to lose.
>>
>>54337026
>>54337265

To tl;dr that, End Times and Age of Sigmar are a separate canona from Warhammer Fantasy Battles. If you hear "Oldhammer" it means Warhammer Fantasy 7th and prior editions. "Nuhammer" is 8th and onward.

8th isn't entirely End Times but several important elements of End Times are set up in it, which is why many of the older fans ignore 8th fluff-wise even aside from the End Times supplements. 8th also has various game system changes that separate it from 7th.

The End Times was a series of supplements that retconned a lot of fluff of 7th edition and ended in the world being destroyed. It also paved the way for GW crossing 40k and Fantasy, probably with the hope of eventually making a single gameworld and system.

The End Times and Age of Sigmar fluff are the same thing, the End Times just came before Age of Sigmar.

For a huge number of reasons the End Times caused a huge amount of contention in the community and to this day some people are bitter over it, and often for good reason.

To tldr my own tldr End Times and Age of Sigmar are a separate line of canon and gameplay mechanics to Warhammer Fantasy Battles.
>>
>>54337621
Also, Age of Sigmar is a direct sequel to End Times set in a new world. They're not two separate gameworlds in a singular canon, they're directly chronological and linked, to clarify.
>>
>>54337621
>o tl;dr that, End Times and Age of Sigmar are a separate canona from Warhammer Fantasy Battles.

According to who? Should me where GW says this.
>>
>>54337643
That's bullshit you pulled out of your butt somehow even though you are not a bull as far as we know.
>>
>>54337660

>According to who?

The End Times is set in an earlier date than the Storm of Chaos and ends in Chaos winning rather than losing and the world being destroyed. It would be literally impossible to set it in the same canon. It also changes a lot of details of fluff set prior to the Storm of Chaos years as well, changing Archaon's origins, placing more importance on Bel'akor, and particularly changes with the Elves, Dark Elves, and Elven Pantheon.
>>
>>54337660
show me*
>>
File: 1490867551067.png (103KB, 363x359px) Image search: [Google]
1490867551067.png
103KB, 363x359px
>>54337660
>>54337673
are you new or just a shitposter
>>
>>54337694
Bla bla bla I have no source. That's what you told me. Now be a dear and go show me something from GW.
>>
>>54337726

Are you actually being serious here?
>>
>>54337711
Just popping the delusion bubble. Don't claim something whn you cannot back it up with evidence. Your feelz are not facts.
>>
>>54337455
Second place is just the first to lose.
>>
>>54337746
>ARE YOU SERIOUS?
> YOU ARE A WHITE MALE

That's an old tactic by degenerates. It won't work. So what I get that you made up all the bullshit above and GW said nothing about two different canons.
>>
>>54337746

Don't bother, Carnac's awake.
>>
>>54337772

>Come into thread
>Ask for information
>Get information
>Don't like the information presented
>Call people who gave information liars instead of just googling it

Top game m8

Should've knows you were a /pol/ shitposter from the "Redpill me" shit
>>
>>54337842
But is the Slav asleep?
>>
>>54337660
>>54337673
>>54337726
>>54337750
>>54337772
Alright Carnac, let's try this.

Tell us why the End Times and Age of Sigmar are the same canons and how they can co-exist with 8th edition when they change so many of the very basics of the world and retcon huge events that took place only a single edition prior.

If you aren't just messing around I really would like to know your logic here.
>>
>>54337845
I didn't ask the information, jackass. I am a new anon questioning it. Your answer is bullshit. From What GW said in their rulebooks and the first WD that introduced Age of Sigmar is that AoS is the sequel of the WHFB setting and inheritor of the 30 years of legacy.

You are paranoid anon. Please step away from the keyboard.
>>
>>54337898

>I am a new anon questioning it

>"I'm new and don't know anything"
>"So I've going to assume that people who have been around for all this and followed it all as it was written are lying liars"

top wew
>>
>>54337882
40K 5th ED and up changes a lot of the canon with the Newcron retcon, ignoring EoT, and rewriting and expanding on the Black Crusades and Chaos lore, and yada yada yada. That doesn't mean that magically 5th ED isn't part of the same canon as the editions before it. Also GS didn't start a new canon.

And what huge event? SoC? It was agreed that SoC would get ignored in early 7th ED. That's like a decade more or less before ET.
>>
>>54337550
It ended exactly the way GW wanted, Chaos wasn't supposed to win in the first place.

http://www.the-fallen-angels.nl/forum-58168/wargames/warhammer-40-000/interview-with-gav-thorpe
>Me: Okay, lastly I’m going to hit home a little bit. Some people felt the ending to Storm of Chaos was … well … disappointing. It felt like all the major players showed up and … nothing happened. I mean, I’m pretty sure Archaon should be a spawn right now. What happened? Is the goal to keep the background stable so that way it simply serves as backdrop for people’s armies rather than an advancing plot? I know your time as Loremaster is done, but do you think there will ever be a massive advancement in the plot line?

>Gav: The main intent of Storm of Chaos was to bring the conflicts of the Warhammer world into a stark present. It was never meant to be a continuing narrative, but was a move to highlight the idea of a world at war. It was a beginning rather than an end – the Dark Elves are invading Ulthuan, the forces of Chaos are invading the Old World, the Tomb Kings are prosecuting their war against the living, the Orcs are on the rampage. This took those ideas out of the history and into the present. The outcome of the campaign was to decide the specifics of that new ‘present age’, and then the setting would freeze again.

>Given that much of the timeline has been wound back to exclude the events of the Storm of Chaos, I cannot see any other advancements in the future.
>>
>>54337928
I followed it from day 1 and way before. I was there for the first ET threads to the last ET threads. Bitch you cannot pass one on me. You straight up lied over there. Even worse you accused an innocent anon who did nothing to you of being /pol/. If I had the power I would kick you out of this forum.
>>
File: 1491887856964.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491887856964.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>>54337898
>i am a new anon
>types and talks exactly like carnac

Carnac's been around /tg/ since early 2015. I'm starting to think that Carnac isn't a singular shitposter but an agent of the Chaos Gods themselves, some kind of legion of Annoyance Daemons infiltrating the real world to spread the propaganda of inevitable Chaos victory so that we won't try to fight them when they come, and our frustration with Carnac's seeming stupidity and/or endless bait conjures negative emotions within us to make us more susceptible to the corruptive powers of Chaos, to remove the hope and purity and good natures that are their banes and weaknesses and greatest enemies. We become divisive and angry and easy pickings. Carnac is not merely a troll who has been getting his kicks out of messing with Warhammer /tg/ threads since '15, he is an idea. Carnac is many entities yet none, a group yet an individual, an agent of Chaos yet an ethereal entity. He is an insidious thread-killer and an everpresent threat, everywhere yet nowhere at once, seeing the evil wishes of the Dark Gods done in our own world. Carnac isn't a blightful person, but a blight. Not a trolling baitposter, but trolling baitpost incarnate. Not Chaoswank fanfiction peddler, but Chaoswank fanfiction itself. He is an idea, a concept, an intangible and neverceasing entity, caring only for his own goals and whims and those of his own evil nature. Carnac is not simply a Chaos shitposter. Carnac is Chaos itself.
>>
>>54337762
Better not claim that Orcs won then.
>>
>>54337999

>Starts spouting off about "Fucking white males" and "Degeneracy"
>"HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE THIS MAN OF BEING /pol/?!"

lel
>>
>>54338019
Daaaaaaymn this anon is THICC. Not in the waist but in the head. New as in NEW in the REPLY CHAIN. This rest is tl;dr. Learn to space your text, for pete's sake.
>>
>>54337966
Storm of Chaos ignoring began with High Elves in 2007, End Times started in 2012 with Vampire Counts.
>>
>>54338048
You accused the guy who asked the question of being /pol/, not me. That poor anon. Fed lies, confused for some else, and told he is /pol/.
>>
>>54337966
>>54338062
Storm of Chaos was never ignored or retconned until the middle of 8th edition, around 2013. In some supplements it wasn't mentioned, as in the High Elves supplement where the majority of fluff info is based around the creation of the Vortex, Asuryan's triumphant victory over Chaos then tragic fall to Khaine's curse, and the politics and ongoing conflicts between factions of High Elves and the growing power of Malekith.

Because it doesn't mention the Storm doesn't mean the Storm didn't happen.

Also, the End Times didn't begin until 2015, even 2014 at the earliest given the teasers and small supplements previewed then.

The Storm of Chaos was never intended to be retconned. It was intended to be a toss-up and almostl ike an early End Times tryout but minus the moronic only-Chaos-can-win stuff. It was anyone's game, but GW became sour when Chaos lost, so they began giving them handicaps, but they still lost, and finally GW accepted it.

That is until GW went under new management around the time of 8th, and late into 8th they decided to pretend the Storm never happened and do the same thing again, yet this time they made their faction bias clear and were more than willing to, in the eyes of many, severely worsen the fluff via rewrites and retcons to achieve the Chaos victory they'd had slight bias too before, and full bias now.
>>
>>54337966
>oh no that horsefucker again

Listen, I will aknowdolege destruction of Old World if you give me it written by G. Davis.

Yes, ET answers are "canon" as much as anything can be canon in that shitty wargame that died for a reason of being clusterfuck that was unable to attract any new players becuse of unrewarding shit with hundreds miniatures involved, just like 40k but worse.

This thread confines discussion to the old lore, because we are:
1.retarded grogs that dislike rushed attempt to reviwe the wargame with explosion of everything and must have stayed for the world and Stockholm syndrome in first place
2.RPG players- and show me a single RPG supplement where ET lore is given.

Last time you shitposted with some two other idiots for like 20 hours straight. And fuck, being right at that time did not make you less of shithead, man.
>>
>>54338076

Yes, I accused the guy who was spouting off about "degenerates" for no fucking reason of being /pol/ because that's an extremely /pol/ thing to do.

Unless of course you've just slipped up and inadvertently admitted that you and him are one and the same and that you are not only /pol/ but also a false-flagging shitposter who came into this thread and asked a question for the sole purpose of starting a shitstorm about the answers.
>>
>>54338140
Who are you trying to fool with your revisionism? Even if we accept that 7th edition armybooks not mentioning SoC doesn't mean that it didn't happen, the 8th edition rulebook timeline says that Archaon is only preparing to attack the Old World.
>>
>>54338140
>http://www.the-fallen-angels.nl/forum-58168/wargames/warhammer-40-000/interview-with-gav-thorpe

>Me: Okay, now I’ve got to ask – you said the Storm of Chaos was supposed to set the stage for the Warhammer world, yet you also just said that the new armybooks have wound back to exclude those very events. What gives?

>Gav: The only diplomatic reply I can give to that is ‘because some people within GW didn’t like Storm of Chaos and would prefer to pretend it never happened.

This little line BTFO of your whole post.

>>54338155
Acknoeledging is one thing but starting a "fantasy" in your head is another. It's not healthy.

>2.RPG players- and show me a single RPG supplement where ET lore is given.

The new RPG is coming. It should have an ETs expansion.

And I just entered the thread, damnit.
>>
File: true degeneracy.png (14KB, 307x156px) Image search: [Google]
true degeneracy.png
14KB, 307x156px
>>54337966
>>oh no that horsefucker again

Speaking of which:

>>54337966
Fuck off you degenerate Carnyfag.
>>
>>54338248
Not only I get told I am a /pol/ but I am a /pony/ as well?

>>54338156
Dude, anonymous boards are not your thing.
>>
>>54338232
>The new RPG is coming. It should have an ETs expansion.

Doubtful. Total Warhammer has chosen, for example, to do an alt history. It seems likely the devs will adapt a neutral history and hint at events that happened in both. The only video game to kowtow to the ET is Vermintide, and even then only minimally.

The real question is whether they will use the dumber reveals and retcons of the ET, or leave those mysteries as mysteries.
>>
>>54338195
>the 8th edition rulebook timeline says that Archaon is only preparing to attack the Old World.

Which is why we ignore 8th edition fluff when it pertains to The End Times.

Changing Karl from a drunken moron into a great statesman is a retcon that doesn't have a major impact on the entire world. Changing the origins of the Dark Elves and Chaos Dwarfs are retcons that don't have a major impact on the entire world. Expanding NotNecron lore doesn't have a major impact on the entire world.

Changing the stand of the Banner of Order in victory over the Hordes of Chaos and defeating Archaon into an unstoppable Chaos victory that destroys the world is a retcon that DOES have a major impact on the world. Plus it's a shitty and unexplained retcon whose only justification is "chaos can't lose because there's a multiverse".

So yeah, sometimes retcons can be ignored whether you like it or not.
>>
File: Archaon.png (80KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
Archaon.png
80KB, 780x780px
>>54337980
Dude's obviously lying, since Chaos did badly in the event and they ignored that and held a vote on who should win.

Fans didn't want Chaos to win and chose fucking Grimgor, so we get the nonsensical but hilarious ending where he beats Archaon into the mud, yells, then runs away before Archaon, crying, runs off to the Middle Mountains to listen to Linkin Park.
>>
>>54338232
>I said that some people at GW were slightly biased in favor of Chaos and wished they'd won
>The last line says some people at GW were salty over the Storm of Chaos

How does this BTFO my post at all Carnac? You've grown soft since 2016. You used to have better material that at least seemed to make logical sense and caused people to respond angrily. Now you're just typing random bullshit and hoping you get replies.
>>
>>54338232
>The new RPG is coming. It should have an ETs expansion.

It won't. Cubicle 9 already stated it will be a direct contibnuation of 2nd ed, so It's highly probable it will take over from Storm of Chaos
>>
>>54338313
So you're just a chaosrager, gotcha.
>>
>>54338335
Nobody choose Grimgor. It's just Gav being a total whackaro in his writing.
>>
>>54338335
woah where'd you find an actual pic of carnac?
>>
>>54338335
>Fans didn't want Chaos to win and chose fucking Grimgor

What do you even mean? Gav decided that Grimgor should beat up Archaon, players had no input on that. Grimgor's 'Ardboyz had less victories than Archaon's Horde so players couldn't have affected the result that way either.
>>
>>54338344
Because it shows that Ge intended to drop SoC unlike what you were saying. Which is why it disappeared in sometime in 7th ED and never got mentioned at all.
>>
>>54338232
Nope. There will be two different RPGs. Even different mechanics.

In WHFRP there will be no end times, as they are to revert the world to the earlier point in the development. It was written in a way that is hardly appealling for the RPG.

>just entered the tread
Roll for bluff. Man, I understand your point. Still, it's like forcing SW fans to remember that force is based on midichlorians. It's shitty developement and it being canon does not help it against being generally shoved away to the point the people behind current trillogy are in for retconing it.
>>
>>54338357
Chaos is fine. I actually think they're pretty cool.

Chaoswank isn't and the entire game being rewritten so Chaos could be GW's pet Evil Mary Sue legion is what I rage against.

Not only because it ruined the setting and made Chaos bullshittingly overpowered but it also made them far far far less interesting, complex, and cool to me. There's nothing cool about a bunch of edgelord fuckbois blaring Limp Bizkit as they *teleports behind the world* ">:3" *blows it up an u cant stop it* "nothin personnel kid Cx". It's fucking lame simplified trash.

7th and prior Chaos, especially in the Malal days, was fucking cool.
>>
>>54338416
Only hipsters like Malal and the law gods.
>>
>>54338395
>Nope. There will be two different RPGs. Even different mechanics.

Nothing says it won't have an End Times expansion. A lot of RPGs has modules for setting ending events (i.e The World Born Dead scenario). It would be sweet if they added in an option to port WHFB characters to the AoS game after the ET event.

You can ignore it till the cows come come but please don't spread bitter lies to impressionable young anons.
>>
>>54338480
Then slap my ass and call me a hipster. It was always such a shame that when Malal's license bought the farm Geedubs decided to stop talking about the law gods as well.

Malal and the LGs are always canon in my RPG campaigns though.
>>
>>54338493
>the new whfb rpg is going to be connected to aos because i say so and that's a good and cool thing because i say so and if you don't like it then you're just a bitter liar corrupting impressionable anons because you're wrong because i say you're wrong
>>
>>54338532
The first line was my speculation.

The second line was in response to your Star Wars shit.
>>
>>54338571
I'm not the Star Wars guy.

And you're wrong either way.
>>
File: dark eldar hol up.png (107KB, 662x909px) Image search: [Google]
dark eldar hol up.png
107KB, 662x909px
>>54332110
Wait a second
>>
>>54338598
No, I am not. And don't butt in without introducing yourself.

Lying to other anons is never okay.
>>
>>54338368
His deviantart.
>>
>>54338605

Yeah, for some reason someone started posting a rewritten version on /twg/ a few threads back.

I guess they couldn't remember how it went and decided to rewrite it from memory instead of googling it?
>>
File: 1491402073226.jpg (4MB, 6209x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1491402073226.jpg
4MB, 6209x3600px
>>54335157
Anon, elves - especially High elves and Dark elves - live in cities. They have big, beautiful (or twisted) cities. They preserve nature, but they're not building their lives around it like the Wood Elves are. They just aren't polluting their rivers and burning coal to send smog into the air. Even the Dark Elves, when they're tearing up their land and logging their forests, are relatively clean about it. In the High Elves case, their cities are beautiful not just because of their form, but they're a reminder of when they were at the height of their power, and their cities weren't so empty of life.

Stop beating yourself up over this nature theme, you're taking it too far and thrusting your own ideas into it, and intentionally or not I think you're forgetting that there are three distinct races of elves with different cultures and mindsets.
>>
>>54338944
I like "sharpens codpiece" better honestly.
>>
>>54336732
>They will need a human faction, for variety on the campaign map if nothing else.
Daemons of Chaos, Aligned Warriors of Chaos, Chaos Dwarfs, Ogres and Hobgoblins will probably be plenty for TW:W3. All of the forces will be within striking distance of the Dark Lands if not already located inside the region which will also be filled with various other types of greenskin-factions. The northern Chaos Wastes will likely also connect Naggaroth to the Old World creating alternative routes for expansion while creating some further worries to the Dark Elves by giving them a northern border to safeguard.
>>
>>54336732
>>54339957
Forgot to add that there aren't exactly few Chaos fanboys, making a chaos-focused game probably quite lucrative.
>>
>>54339012
Thank you kind anon! I'll take it to heart!
>>
>>54322882
>We're getting Norsca no matter what you people say. It's all but been confirmed.
>It's all but been confirmed.
Source?
>>
So my Nuln minicampaign closes to the end.

Thanks to all material and plentiness of the material provided I think I got close to re-creating a living, pretty sandboxy city. For my rusty GMing it was good.

Last session ened after players, along with remnants of Schwartzenheimer and Huydermein gangs, blew to Ulric come heads of the Valentino gang, three Tilean emissaries from their Miragliano patrons and killed Grey Seer those were suposed to meet. All that by puting 10 big kegs of powder they stole from the military in the basement of the inn the meeting was scheulded.

Price of succes is dear and they were about to start being on the run, when the lackey of Oldenhaller offered them ONE LAST JOB.

They agreed. Poor suckers. From now on it's run for their life.

The last meeting may be postponed a bit, for one of my players has a summer job in the rest of my spare time.
>>
>>54339957
There's also some small ghoul 'kingdoms' in the Dark Lands-region if I'm not mistaken.
>>
bomp
>>
>>54340508
>>54340508
>>54340508
New thread?
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.