[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about YOUR DUDES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 20

File: 46014072_300.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
46014072_300.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>Who are they?
>Do they love?
>Do they hate?
>Where are they from?
>What makes them THEM?
>What/Where are they based in?
>>
Quick bumping with the Primaris Template that has been circulating.

>40K Painters
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/273790-the-bc-painters/

Feel free to add more info or less. Please keep all salt productive.
>>
File: 1345156172258.jpg (12KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1345156172258.jpg
12KB, 493x402px
No marines allowed
>>
They're ... not sure if I should say successor or offshoot of the Mantis Warriors.
I'm fully embracing their preference for guerrilla warfare and flyers. If a ground vehicle has a flyer that's at all similar to it, they use that instead.
They're recruiting like mad so most of their troops are scouts with a few tacs and no primaris troops. Though they have Reivers and those jump packs primaris as they both support their preferred means of war.
As a chapter, they're seeking to make up for their former mistakes. The Mantis Warriors are lead by a council made of the heads of their apothecaries, librarians, chaplains, and techmarines; the two primaris lieutenants; and their chapter master.
Only one battle company because there's only like 100 full marines left after the whole Tyranids and Deathwatch thing, while the primaris are shunted off into their own separate, smaller company.
>>
Hive Fleet Draconian

Tyranids favoring overwhelming production of spore mine, Tyrannocyte and Sporocyst barrages to force enemies into cover while Trygons, Raveners and Rippers burst from the ground with waves of Termagaunts following them into the fray. Always accompanied by GSC who have taken over the long ranged artillery of their target world.
>>
File: Scourge-Eagles.jpg (372KB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
Scourge-Eagles.jpg
372KB, 2480x1748px
Scourge Eagles
Progenitor: White Scars; Chapter Established during the 21st Founding
Color Scheme: Charadon granite/Chainmail
Home World: Saer'rio

Fleet Based, favor Assault Troops and Bikes for Infiltration and Hit and Run attacks when planetside (Standard Issue Kit also includes Camo Cloaks for full Battle Brothers, some higher ranking Astartes even have camoline robes over their armor.), otherwise prefer various skimmers and fliers, although they truly shine most in fleet combat and boarding actions. The Scourge Eagles fortress monastery is a moon sized space hulk trapped in orbit of their home world.

A mutation was present within their Chapter, the gene-seed slowly saps away their warp presence. This led to numerous alterations in Chapter composition such as maintaining two extra Scout Companies, nearly six times the normal number of Apothecaries and four times the number of Chaplains, as some Battle Brothers wished the Emperors Peace rather than risk their secrets become known to the Inquisition.

As of the Ultima Founding, the Scourge Eagles redoubled efforts to recover lost and forgotten information regarding the origins of their gene-seed has been successful, recently learning of their relation to Jaghatai Khan and the White Scars. As of now they have received additional reinforcement in form of Primaris Marines with the curing of the mutation in their Gene-Seed, though their frequent encounters with the Legion of the Damned and older Battle Brothers with the mutation still remain present.
>>
>>54307682
So slightly faster Scythes of the Emperor?

>>54307636
Yes marines allowed.
>>
Da Greata Waaagh!

A shit ton of Orks who keep Kroot as slaves. Runtherds and Slave Drivers took the place of Shapers, forcing the Kroot into servitude. They field as a combined Ork + Kroot Merc army. They stomp towards their enemies, indiscriminately laying down waves of dakka as their kroot subordinates jump into the thick of the fighting alongside waves of Sluggas, Slavers and Burnas. Known for using salvaged T'au weaponry, they tend to use the glowiest and blastiest flashboxes for the biggest amount of carnage possible!
>>
File: Obelisk Knight.jpg (44KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Obelisk Knight.jpg
44KB, 400x500px
Iron Hands Successors with an unknown founding, the Knights of the obelisk betrayed the God-emperors light and left the Imperium after calling it a perversion of the Emperors will. The chapter has a minor flaw in it's geneseed causing random marines voices to become booming and easily able to hear over the battlefield, these marines are usually chaplains. A known flaw in the chapter is that it is more akin to a cult then other worshippers of the Emperor, seeing him as an actual god with hundreds of titles each true in their own way, known titles are "He of the stars" "The king of light" and "He beyond". The chapter amazingly has no chapter master to lead them as a known legend is that he went into the warp with ten members of the first company to wage war on chaos itself.
The territory of the chapter is an primitive sector of the Imperium, now held by the chapter who guides its inhabitants in a symbiotic relationship since the chapter needs the inhabitants for new marines and those living on the planets need the chapter to stay alive amongst the horrid species on the planet. The chapter makes use of the humans there as Auxiliaries in battle. often entire tribes are led by a single marine. Needing a way to stay alive, the chapter sells its services to those that need them as mercenaries who accept payment in equipment and knowledge of current events of the Imperium. A unit the chapter seems to never have is jumptroopers even though they have been given jumppacks as payment on occasions.
Something the chapter lacks entirely are bikes and flamers as neither of them seem to be wanted by the chapter. A fighting style that is used quite often are bolt pistols and chain swords since a marine can "Scream praise to he beyond as he shoots and cuts enemies of the emperor". The chapter is surprisingly over strength as they sometimes grab entire tribes and turn them into marines and scout marines. (1/2)
>>
I know YOUR DUDES is originally a WH/40k thing, but I'm going to talk about my /awg/ army because I can't afford proprietary minis.

MY DUDES are the military arm of an evil magitech empire's R&D division. Think a combination of soulless cyberpunk corporate army, post-scarcity hedonists, and /k/.

They love conquest, crushing any opposition, and watching the newest gengineered monster or experimental weapon do it's thing. The Administrator especially loves that last bit, but she also enjoys losing as it gives her more data, though adjusting to a new body can be a pain.

They fucking hate undead because guns fucking suck against undead, though the new Wulfen unit got a chance to shine during the last encounter.

They're unique in their distant appreciation of violence and destruction and their frequent application of the color gray.

They sally forth from their evil empire with its unpolished steel, generic magical crystals, and oddly prevalent soot considering they don't have smokestacks.
>>
File: Knight Chaplain.jpg (44KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Knight Chaplain.jpg
44KB, 400x500px
>>54310142
As said before the chapter believes that they still serve the Emperors will and have modified some parts of the chapter to fit their beliefs, captains being entirely replaced by chaplains and not having any librarians.
Being Iron hand successors they do replace parts of them with robotics but this is reserved for those of high rank such as chaplains. An "ally" of them is the inquisition who tolerate their presence and employ them secretly. They are currently being dealt with by a regiment of the Imperial Guard. (2/2)
Sorry about the paragraphs and shit It's 10:07 and I couldn't be bothered to shorten it.
>Pic related
He's supposed to be a chaplain.
>>
>>54310180
Fuck yes, Anon! Fuck yes!
>>
>>54310142
>>54310183
Fucking forgot to say.
Your thoughts? Anything you don't like? I'm still working on them.
>>
>>54310218
Glad you liked it Anon. It originally grew out of me wanting to make my Warmachine snipers good for something as they were sucking ass every match. The army's grown since then, but Biggs and Wedge are still a core component.
>>
File: Vraksian_Renegade_Militia1.jpg (241KB, 697x907px) Image search: [Google]
Vraksian_Renegade_Militia1.jpg
241KB, 697x907px
I'm trying to make up a Renegades & Heretics people's workers army that descends into Chaos worship while ALSO infiltrated by Genestealer Cultists. My idea thus far draws on the people's army believing in an 'Imperial' cult sect led by the Genestealer narrative, as those guys often bastardise Imperial faith into their own interpretation of a coming Tyranid apocalypse - or even just straight up worship the Emperor / believe him to be a Tyranid or something along those lines. Anyway, that would be the idea for when I wanted to play a Genestealer Cult army list and run a load of ragtag renegades, mutants, fanatics and so on with some cultist models.

My second part would have a Chaos-corrupted version of the army for when I want to run traitor guard. Some point down the line for their fluff the Genestealer Cult is exposed or driven off by rival cultists in the people's army that descends upon a desperate rabble of a force with promises of freedom from the harsh Imperial working conditions, the poverty, starvation etc.

The general theme will be around Forgeworld Renegade conversions bits with 40k cultists, Empire and other non-guard legs with Lost and the Damned themed mutant rabbles. Colour scheme would mixes of browns to reflect an army without much sense of uniform and literal workers with guns who could only scrape up a homemade gas mask and what weaponry and 'uniform' he could salvage. I like the idea of leaders - or general troops - carrying mining equipment, general industrial tools as weapons and their banners reflecting that (pickaxe on a red flag for example). I'm trying to avoid a straight up Marxist theme, as these guys are trying to break free of an Imperial fascist/commie hell-hole, to begin with.
>>
>>54310142
>>54310183
>>54310311

So Iron Hand descended Black Templars?
>>
>>54310960
Pretty much yeah. I was thinking about them being in that one sector because of a huge obelisk that they guard.
>>
>>54311021
Fair enough. I feel like it'd just be easier to use straight Black Templar at that rate.
>>
>>54311072
Black Templars are crazy yes but not crazy enough to literally abandon everyone else and be their own thing.
>>
File: latest.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>54307366
>Who are they?
Dregs Fatalis. Not sure if they're renegade space marines or chaos marines just yet
>Do they love?
They are only kept afloat by their insatiable desire for revenge on those that have wronged them in some way. Their Chapter Master utilizes their need for vengeance to cause a ruckus for everyone, as he is an unhinged warmonger who simply points the warband at the nearest target, murders as many of the enemy as possible, then runs off with the salvage and spoils of war. Pic very related
>Do they hate?
What they hate is subjective, but those with similarly aligning quarries as they call help one another in their quest for revenge. Many simply fight because they have never known any other kind of life and are just looking to make some sort of new life after traumatic experiences
>Where are they from?
They are comprised of survivors of extinct chapters, prisoners of war, deserters, or voluntold candidates from primal worlds.The chapter is fleet based, their flagship being a repurposed space hulk
>What makes them THEM?
Multitude of paint schemes (tied together with a silver arm similar to Deathwatch), aggressively reckless melee swarming via loads of infantry, a lack of vehicles and an abundance of flamers
>>
>>54307366
>Who are they?
Hivefleet Titan. A splinter of Kraken that was scattered to a cold death world to survive. When the hivemind reconnected, it was greeted by a cry of celebration and with the hivemind' s influence, they consumed the deathworld. Unleashed onto the galaxy, Titan grows each day. A strange observation though. Titan would rather do battle against other fleets than consume. As if to appease the hivemind.
>Do they love?
No
>Do they hate?
No, which is scarier
>Where are they from?
Deathworld
>What makes them THEM?
A splinter of Kraken that was scattered to a cold death world to survive. When the hivemind reconnected, it was greeted by a cry of celebration and with the hivemind' s influence, they consumed the deathworld. Unleashed onto the galaxy, Titan grows each day. A strange observation though. Titan would rather do battle against other fleets than consume. As if to appease the hivemind
Well they are in space right now
>>
Haven't come up with a color scheme yet but I have a few ideas for a SM chapter and I was thinking about painting some primaris dudes when they full release.
I want them to be wind related, or sailing/surfing possibly.
Was thinking they could be space yiff successor Vikings called Njordir <somethings>
Or possibly imperial fist(?)successors called Stribog <something's>
Both Njordir and Stribog being wind dieties in their respective mythologies. Does Imp fists count as Slavic (for the Stribog thing)?
Or should I go for an insane color scheme and make them Aztec quetzacoatl followers and just call them Winged Serpents or something?
Any other windy ideas?
>>
File: DSCF0767.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0767.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>54307366
>Who are they?

An irregular Imperial Guard unit, roughly Company sized, patched together under the authority of an Ordos Xenos Inquisitor and dragged from warzone to warzone as he investigates crap and uses them as muscle to deal with problems that can't be solved subtly. The unit's official designation is classified - you know those scamps in the Inquisition - but it is colloquially known as Irgan's Irregulars; named such for Kath Irgan; the long-suffering Cadian Colonel who runs the show.

>Do they love?

Many of them do; as men and women of the Imperial Guard they are only human, and love is a human weakness.

>Do they hate?

Oh yes. Though the various component units of the company practice a few variations on the standard Imperial Creed; the importance of hate is something they hold in common.

>Where are they from?

A dozen different planets and parent units. When the unit needs more forces or even just more meat for the grinder, their Inquisitor requisitions forces from whatever Guard or PDF units are nearby. Most of the survivors of such operations are sent back to their parent units with the Inquisition's thanks. The survivors who prove exceptionally skilled or otherwise useful, are retained and rolled into the unit long-term.

>What makes them THEM?

A cussedly stubborn tenacity and a strange, unexpected esprit de corps that turns what should be a rabble of separate units and turns them into a strange semblance of family as they hunt and destroy the enemies of the Emperor.

A series of unassuming voidships, not all of them actually owned by the Inquisition, used to ferry Inquisitor Zanvon and his chosen blunt instruments around wherever he thinks they are needed.

Pictured: a squad of Rough Riders, formerly of the 3/6th Mysidia IV Grenadiers
>>
>>54311154
Easier to just do Renegades.

>>54311396

͓͙̺͈͐ ͔̗͎͎̯̞̖͐̐̐̚͟ͅ ̗̫͍̮̳̼̍͊ͮ̑́ͅͅ ̴͚̤̘ͮͭ͒̃̂ͬ̊́T̬̝͙̽̃̈͝H̦̣̝̭̆̂̉̐͐̂A̞̜̻̼͈̦̜ͭͬͩ̾͂̆̓͌͋́͞N̶͎̳͕̜͚̹͙̿ͨ͊̂̌̈́͛̚K͖͚̉͆̏̍ ̡͓̪̹̥̱͚̠̑̈̽ͣ͂ͣY̨̟͉̒̚͡O̟̦ͦ́̀ͨ̓ͦ̊Ų̦ͫ͗ͧ̾̔ͤ̓ ̭̗̫̻̖͔ͬ͐̓̀͟ ̮̞̪́ͭ͜͜͝ ̱̖͎͔̤͕̈́̏̈́̀͢ ̹͍̱̯̳̟͈͔̞̑ͬ
̱̔ͦ͐͌̒̈̂͡B̹͇̩͛̂ͪ̏ͯ̍͂ͬ͂R̘̋̑ͭ̐ͣͣ̂̍͠O̴͈̫̼̪̼̼͊́O̴̩̩͊ͨ̔ͮͨ̚͘Ḑ͎̗̌̏-̴̢̛͓̩ͬ̊R̮̝̮̝̫͉ͮ̒͗͟͡Ḛ͔͎͗ͤ͆ͮ̍͠L̷̨͎̞̠̉̒̉A͉̳͇̮̘̫͙͆ͤ̽̀͂ͨ̚T̬͇̭͙̻͕̿̂ͨ̿͌̓ͨ̄͘I̮͇̫͈ͨ̈́̎̂̎ͩ͟͞Ǒ̺̟̯̥͙̍͐̿̊N̦̥̯̯̪̺ͮ̊̐̋͗͗

>>54311690
Maybe Primaris?

>>54311844
Maybe field them with Deathwatch? Guard/Marine combined forces are wonderfully effective.
>>
File: phaerakh medethea necron.jpg (437KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
phaerakh medethea necron.jpg
437KB, 1280x800px
The Gotrekh Dynasty, a Necron force that aims to preserve life rather than destroy it. Lead by a young, gorgon-esque Phaerakh who once believed she was destined to save their race from their sickly existence, and who found herself without purpose in the world she awakened to after the Great Sleep, they have found a new cause in shielding young races from the horrors of the galaxy until they attain their genetic potential... even if it means "inviting" them to take up residence in the Royal Menagerie.

In recent developments, Phaerakh Medethea may have gained a somewhat sinister elder sister in another anon's Dynasty.

Their current fluff-
https://pastebin.com/TfbQ0ipG

Working on putting together a new reference image for the Phaerakh, but it's pretty MS paint tier.

>>54308224
Are these the guys with the glowing blue phosphorescent look?

>>54310142
>>54310183
Was there a specific tipping point that caused the Knights to split from the Imperium?

>>54310180
Hey, dudes are dudes. Though when you say "The Administrator" I can't help but think of the announcer from TF2.

>>54311844
Nice Chocobos.
>>
The titano 1st
Founded from what amounted from an agriworld that housed an original ship from the age of expansion, almost fully beyond repair save for a few amenities like a knight Titan stc. Unfortunately for the mechanicus sent to investigate, the hired help was a GSC overrun mining colony. So apart from a few titans, a small cohort of mechanicus and a squad of deathwatch marines the fate of Mariners titan (home world) is with the men and women of the titano 1st.
>>
>Who are they?
The Hermetic Order of the Lidless Torment
>Do they love?
Eyes
>Do they hate?
Noteyes
>Where are they from?
The inner council (the Hermetic order) are all tzeentchian sorcerers or powerful movers in the warband. The outer warband are commonly know as the Lidless Torment and contain a random assortment of CSM, recent heretic astartes and leaders rising up from the horde. (representing my mishmash of models painted to look like traitor chapter Marines intermixed with black legion dudes)
>What makes them THEM?
They're called the Lidless Torment because the sorcerers who formed the council found a (probably tzeentch) daemon bound in a book. Whoever read from the book would have the immediate urge to gouge out their eyes, yet they were still able to see - even clearer than before. Whatever truth they read in this book, which is well protected and guarded, changes them completely. Their goal is to spread this truth to the masses. Dark apostles carry pages, which the book happily sheds. The warband is renown for leaving as many people alive as possible after a battle. Their eyes gouged out with their own hands, gibbering about some madness. Completely lost to the world. (I modeled my cultists with cadian guardsmen and bleeding eyes)

Those few from the outer warband that show promise are converted into rubric Marines or given public facing leadership positions. I didn't know if the lore about small scale rubric conversion was accepted but the Hermetic order keeps small squads of rubric and scarab occult terminators as body guards.
Mostly fleet based. The outer warband is often thought destroyed or scattered by the inquisiton. The inner order is very rarely caught unawares and will reform the outer warband given enough time. Hail Hydra?
>>
>>54312283
They are. Good to see the Gotrekh returning to this thread.

>>54312320
Marines and Daemons or just Marines?
>>
While I haven't started yet, my goal is to fluff a Necron Dynasty lead by a Phaerakh who have suffered a more-or-less Dynasty-wide malfunction to their Reanimation Protocols and Necrodermis. This has resulted in many of the rank-and-file and even higher castes to suffer from both mental and physical quirks, with many covered in battle scars that should have easily been repaired but now give them trouble.

The main goal of the Dynasty is to find a "cure". I don't know what that is/how it can be obtained, but maybe I could fluff in a different army (Ad Mech, or even something nutso like Orks with their instinctual understanding of technology).

Please help fluff this out with me!
>>
>>54312461
Shit Anon, I don't even know how/where to start going with that. Good luck.
>>
>>54312580
Is it bad?
>>
>>54312633
Not that got, but it sounds super rad.

Put the decaying undead back in space skeletons.
>>
>>54312795
I had someone ask how they would work crunch-wise, and I don't want to completely remove the RP/Necrodermis, but I want it to be no longer working properly. So yeah, decaying undead is what I'm going for.
>>
>>54312461
Admech that were "guided" to info of the dragon of Mars. Towards the inner workings of a crypt, maybe Iraq during un envoys. Seeing the main base but no major stasis crypts. Give them incentive. More carrot than stick and have them tinkering.
>>
>>54312288
Neat.

>>54312320
Sounds... unpleasant. Maybe the guy in the book just really likes the taste of human eyeballs.

>>54312411
Well, you know what they say... We'll Be Back!

>>54312461
Alright, well, let's see. The main thing is the question of why their reanimation protocols failed in the first place.

So, let's say, maybe they're from a tomb world set up to study a star emitting an unusual type of radiation. Maybe they thought learning about it could help their own star-induced problems, maybe they thought they could weaponize it, maybe they just were doing science for science's sake. Biotransferrence happens, the War in Heaven ends, they enter the Great Sleep. But all the while, the mightily radioactive star is blasting away at the protective shielding that kept their necrontyr bodies from melting. The canoptek servants keep things going as long as they can but sooner or later systems start to fail, and the sleeping necrons start absorbing a lot of poorly-understood radiation. When they awaken, they discover their new mechanical bodies are suffering from "necrodermis rot," the result of many long eons under that strange star.

Any good?
>>
>>54311154
Also, whenever I get to sculpting the chapter master, I want him to have a chainsword mohawk that ends in a bolter similar to a Trojan helm's plume. Gonna need to chop up a few chainswords but...
>>
>>54308525
Every thread you post this

Every thread i'm going to tell you to stop being a fucking mary sue snowflake blank shit and field what is already a pretty damn decent custom chapter

Every thread you're going to get indignant and act like a faggot

Such is life
>>
>>54312283
Not really. They just out of nowhere said "Fuck you" and split.
>>
Sorry if this is mary sue bullshit, here goes:

>>Who are they?

A custom Space Marines chapter, I'm still debating on a name

>>Do they love?

They love The Emperor, they're loyalist as shit

>>Do they hate?

They hate xenos, especially genestealers (I'll explain later)

>>Where are they from?

They're a fleet based chapter, so they don't have a specific homeworld and recruit from various places. They are "plays as" Iron Hands, but their geneseed is unknown.

>>What makes them THEM?

My thought is that there is a far off sector of space that, for some reason or another, has a significantly higher predisposition toward shitting out Space Hulks compared to the rest of the galaxy. These Hulks, while isolated, tend to drift into galactic shipping lanes or toward Imperial planets on the edge of the sector. This chapter was created during or soon after the 26th founding to act as a task force (patrol the area, intercept Space Hulks, glean as much data and/or archeotech from them as possible, and then destroy them).

Due to their status as a brand new/untested chapter they were initially given only the bare minimum of wargear/Terminator Armor pending their ability to handle their duty, and as a result their initial losses were fairly high, leading to a larger than average number of Dreadnoughts in the chapter (I fuckin' love Dreads and always have a bunch in my lists, so this is my explanation). As the Codex Astartes doesn't have a ton of info on fighting in extremely cramped corridors they have had to design their own modified tactics and as a result are compliant to the spirit of the codex but not the exact guidelines.

Due to their higher than average exposure to Space Hulks they were able to find a lot of archeotech/STCs, which created a favorable relationship with the Admech on Mars as the majority of them were turned over to the techpriests for study.

(cont)
>>
>>54313890

Many pieces of ancient wargear/equipment that have been decreed by the chapter's Chaplains and Librarians to not be corrupted by time/tainted by Chaos end up being requisitioned into their armory or motor pool (I have a lot of random old bits that made it into my minis, as well as some old RT era vehicles and models and some 30k mk3 armor I got super cheap, so this explains the non-uniform look of my army).

I'm not sure what the story is during the Ultima Founding and the resulting giant chaos tear, I'm thinking that they came to the aid of some Imperial worlds and suffered a bunch of losses while fighting chaos, then eventually linked back up with some other chapters and received Primaris reinforcements (to explain the Primaris Marines I got from Dark Imperium).

Still working stuff out, but that's what I've got so far.

Also my meta did a huge 19k vs 19k Apocalypse game to send off 7th edition, so I'm working on a campaign badge for that that I can paint onto the models that "survived" that particular battle and to fit it into the overall fluff of my chapter.
>>
>>54313890
>>54313951
I like it. Maybe name them Void Jackels since y'know space is a void and Jackals scavenge from dead things.
>>
>>54314011

It's funny, I was thinking Void Sentinels actually, since they're supposed to be "standing guard" in a certain area of space watching for Hulks.
>>
>>54314097
Jackel Sentinels
Or even better, Void Void
>>
>>54314097
Void Sentinels is better honestly.
>>
>>54314011
>>54314097
Since they're specifically keeping a lookout, perhaps Void Watchers or Void Sentries. Or simply the Night Watch.
>>
>Who are they?
They are called the Defenders of Ciorte, a successor chapter from the Ultramarines 4th company

>Whom do they love?
The love the Emperor and have great respect for the dutiful members of the Adeptus Mechanicus.

>Whom do they hate
They have a great hatred for the distrustful Harlequins as well as the unholy automatons of the Necrons

>Where are they from
They hail from the Ringworld Ciorte that lies at the border to the Ghoul Stars in Ultimata Segmentum. It is belived to be older that the Imperium, and the Adeptus Mechanicus based on Ciorte insists that it must be a wonder from the Dark age of Technology. It's actually Necron in origin, DAoT humans just found it and retrofitted it to support humans
>>
>>54312411
Just Marines for now but I'm looking to suppliment with daemons. I want to try out the new summoning rules and I think screamers look kick ass
>>
>>54307366
>Who are they?
Deathwatch Kill-Team Aurelio, 7 members strong

>Do they love?
Big E

>Do they hate?
Xenos filth; also a particular hatred for Alpha Legion after an unintended encounter

>Where are they from?
All different chapters: Crimson Fists, Space Wolves, Angels of Absolution, Lamenters, White Scars, Salamanders, Raptors

>What makes them THEM?
They're an "Obscurus Kill Team" formed to deploy into "hostis obscurus" scenarios, where xenos involvement is suspected but the nature of the threat is undetermined. Their wargear and skills aren't aimed towards fighting a specific type of enemy, as Deathwatch units usually are. Instead, they're expected to handle any threat they run into, at least for long enough to investigate and call in backup. Turns out that, when you create a team specifically to be sent into situations where they're likely to get blindsided, they take heavy losses. First it was an entire Guard regiment turned to (and backed up by) the Tau at a colony gone dark, then Genestealers in the bottom of a hive, and most recently Alpha Legion on a strike cruiser thought to have been taken by Dark Eldar.

Watch Fortress Scuderi Major. They have a dedicated Corvus Blackstar called the Black Mercy for deployment/CAS/extraction.
>>
File: Eagles of Liberty 3.jpg (415KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Eagles of Liberty 3.jpg
415KB, 768x1024px
Eagles of Liberty

This time I scaled back the red & blue that was making me hate the legs, trying for a more bald eagle color. I also took out some gold, since people thought it was gaudy.
>>
File: Knights of the Starlight Hawk.jpg (368KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Knights of the Starlight Hawk.jpg
368KB, 768x1024px
>>54307366
>Who are they?
Knights of the Starlight Hawk
>Do they love?
Their families, the civilians they guard, the Imperium as a whole, & the mysterious entity known to appear sometimes when the Chapter or individual is in dire straights
>Do they hate?
Daemons from the Scar/Daemons in general
>Where are they from?
Men recruited from Mars & Terra originally, for Cawl to experiment on making Primaris, this batch was created without any block to their reproductive ability. They tool around in space in front of a large fleet of ships designed to carry tons of Civilians for a long time & colonize new/reconquered worlds. Most likely Salamander gene seed
>What makes them THEM?
Starlight blue shining eyes, a hereditary based feudal society. Knightly ascetic.
Their flagship, Starstorm carries a Warp artifact, a large crystalline sculpture of a winged birdlike creature, that glows a soft blue, Neophytes must spend the night meditating in the Chamber of the Hawk as the final part of their initiation, some see visions, some see nothing, some die with their eyes burned out. Sometimes this unlocks psyker potential so the Marines are a bit more than average pskyers. They specialize in boarding actions, & drop assualt, also lots & lots of plasma. Their left shoulder always carries their family heraldry & the left depicts the Starlight Hawk, he symbol for their chapter.
Knights & nepotism. & mostly my head

Battle cry
"THE HAWK GUIDES US!!!"

The denizens of the fleet ship-cities will so etiquette e derogatorily call them "Knightlights"
>>
File: Marines Superior Cape Variant.jpg (101KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Marines Superior Cape Variant.jpg
101KB, 400x500px
>>54307366

>Who are they?

The Marines Superior, an obscure chapter based on irregular mobility and versatile avenues of attack.

> Do they love?

OUR-A HOLY LOVE IS-A FOR THE EMPEROR OF-A MAN-A-KIND. AND-A FOR-A THE PRINCESS!

> Do they hate?

THE-A ENEMIES OF-A MAN-A-KIND, ESPECIALLY THAT-A BIG PALOOKA OFFA WARBOSS KUPP'A DA KING

> Where are they from?

The Marines Superior hail from the feudal world of Mycelium, where they have proudly sworn fealty to the ruling noble family for centuries. Mycelium is well known for the diversity of its flora and fauna, especially its fungus, several strains of which have become symbols of the royal family itself (and by extension, the Marines Superior).

> What makes them THEM?

They would tell you their undying love for Queen and Emperor, or else list off their noble deeds in service of Mankind. Truly though, what most distinguishes them is the sheer bizarreness of their tactics and equipment. Being from a fairly isolated feudal world, the Marines have been forced to make due on many occasions where supplies have been delayed. Lacking shipments of Rhinos and Razorbacks, for example, the Marines have specially bred a local variant of Grox called the Yosh to be big and sturdy enough to support their weight for use as mounts in combat. Furthermore, although their chapter is divided into numerous specialized companies such as The Feathered Capes, who specialize in jump pack assisted airborne assaults (pictured here) all Battle Brothers are expected to be equally adept with all weapons provided and frequently switch load-outs mid-battle.

> What/Where are they based in?

In tandem with their long sworn fealty to Mycelium's royal family, the Marines Superior are based in the royal palace in the capital hive of Toadtown.
>>
>>54312633
It's not that it is bad, I just honestly can't fathom how to make that work. It'd be a nice change of pace in seeing models that are battle scarred but thats all I got for you. Maybe paint some rust in there too I guess?
>>
>>54313711
But Anon, every thread I post this just for you. To feel your contempt. To know your hatred. It is so nourishing.

Also most established Chapters lack the composition I am looking for in play. Technically that doesn't matter as of 8th Edition but I've already had these guys since '98. Nearly 20 years of something that plays like a combination of Raven Guard, White Scars and DA Raven Wing, I couldn't bring that into 8th if I wanted to. The different Chapters wouldn't have any synergy, I hate "counts as" abuse and ultimately I've gotten these guys so established, it's hard to dedicate to anything else.

>tl;dr I like your feedback but that will never change the fact that you're a candyass who is still missing the points behind all of this.
>>
They are based on N7 from Mass Effect. Color scheme is Basically "Dark Reaper" with Red Shoulders and Trim. Tactical Squads May be Black, Red, and Dark Reaper Combo.

>Who are they
No fancy chapter name, simply N7. Not sure who to make them successors of. They have a burning hatred for the Tyranids. Although they, like all other Space Marines, wish to cleanse the imperium of Xeno threats, they actively hunt, a pursue Tyranids specifically because of the devastation caused to their recruiting worlds, some of which they failed to save.

They have been seen to cooperate with Tau, and Eldar when such cooperation aids their mission to rid the galaxy of the Tyranid threat.

>Do they love?
Yes, they love the Imperium, the Emperor, and Humanity.

>Do they hate?
They have no love for Xenos, but they passionately hate Tyranids, with Chaos being a pretty close second.

>Where are they from
Primary recruiting worlds are Palaven, Thessia, Tuchanka
and a few others. However they have given up planet based bases and monasteries in favor of fleets, they want to be as mobile as possible in order to respond with the entire force of the chapter to any Tyranid attack.

>What makes them, them
Their burning need to stop the Tyranids. Which they refer to as "The Reapers" as opposed to everyone's favored term of "The Great Devourer" and their tolerance of working with Xenos such as the Eldar and Tau who, according to them, "pose a lesser threat"

>They are based in their large mobile fleet. With their flagship "Citadel" leading the force.

Once Primaris Marines made their way into the chapter they were able to attack the hive fleets they encountered with even more ferocity. However, many of the newer Primaris brothers felt uneasy when it came time to fight side by side with Tau and Eldar forces. Within this chapter, it soon became clear that there was a divide in ideology. Over time this lead to the chapter splitting into two.
>>
>>54317377
>>54320527
Memerines...
>>
>>54320982
Lost...
Like tears in rain...
>>
File: Marines Superior Fire Variant.jpg (56KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Marines Superior Fire Variant.jpg
56KB, 400x500px
>>54320982
Hey, at least I had fun with it!

MErines look kind of boring, just like their source material. All he really did was rename some stuff and have boring generic marines who play nice with Tau.
>>
>who are they
The 45th syntonian rifles
>do they love
They're only human so yeah
>do they hate
Syntonia suffers from dark eldar raids so they despise Xenos
>where are they from
Syntonia, a world covered 99% in a massive ocean with tiny archipelagos dotting the surface, controlled by local lords overseeing the production of seaweed to be shipped off world. There is one major hive occupying the only notable land mass, where the tetrarchs rule Syntonia and the universities of War, Divinity, and Agriculture reside.
>what makes them them
Syntonians are a hardy people accustomed to heat and humidity. The local militias and PDF are accustomed to mounting amphibious assaults against local lords violating the commandments of the tetrarchy (which is often due to the isolated nature of many of the settlements) and thus excel at first wave shock troops and marines
>what/where are they based in
Their planet of Syntonia
>>
File: Alnin Shocktrooper.jpg (77KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Alnin Shocktrooper.jpg
77KB, 720x1280px
>Who are they?
The 1st of Alnin Shocktroopers
>Do they love?
Pretty sure officers had to deal with lovers quarrels when the regiment had time off.
>Do they hate?
They are not friendly towards the Orks nor the Chaos warband that almost destroyed their homeworld.
>Where are they from?
Alnin Prima, fortress world that protects the sector's forgeworlds and sector capital, alongside two Space Marine chapters stationed nearby.
>What makes them THEM?
They are one of the best supplied regiments in the sector, making them most of the time the first ones to break the enemies frontlines.

Their base of operations is in their homeworld. If it's about the inspiration behind them i guess i'll go with a mix of Steel Legion with a bit more of the edgyness of the Death Korps. And strapped a Brody instead of a Stahlhelm because they were easier to draw.
>>
>>54322817
>>54323686

These please me.
>>
>>54324420
Thanks m8, trying to figure out a shoulder badge scheme to represent rank, thinking maybe a white shoulder for privates, a red stripe for sergeants, green for platoon commander etc...
>>
>>54325004
What's their scheme?
>>
File: 1226653821077.png (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1226653821077.png
28KB, 500x500px
>>54324420
Appreciated
>>
File: RedDawn.png (30KB, 1022x719px) Image search: [Google]
RedDawn.png
30KB, 1022x719px
>Who are they?
The Red Dawn
>Do they love?
No, they don't value individuality, rather they put the needs of the Imperium before the needs of the individual.
>Do they hate?
They hate traitors
>Where are they from?
They are from a Hive World
>What makes them THEM?
They value working as a cohesive whole and service to the Imperium above all else. To them the Imperium is far greater than any individual and their service to the Imperium is the most important thing, I was going for a USSR kind of vibe, hence "The Red Dawn"
Technically they're still a concept right now, so I don't have any finished right now.
>>
>>54325251
He looks sad...
>>
File: Comrades.jpg (120KB, 960x954px) Image search: [Google]
Comrades.jpg
120KB, 960x954px
>>54325371
He's all by himself with no Nazis or Capitalists to kill, of course he is.

There there frem, war of glorious proletarian liberation will come soon
>>
>>54325251
>rather they put the needs of the Imperium before the needs of the individual.
Like going down on your gf even when its that time of the month, amirite anon?
>>
>>54325729
No, you're just a pleb
>>
>>54325729
Hey man, if she needs it, she needs it. I ain't gonna argue with a woman on her period.
>>
>>54325251
Primaris or nah?
>>
>>54325838
probably not, I doubt I'm going to make a large force of them since I already have a Space Marine army. I mostly made them to coincide with a homebrew Chaos warband I was making so I'm probably only going to make a Kill Team with these guys
>>
>>54320982
true, but they make me happy.
>>
>>54325004
My Marines use their knee pads for company and squad designation. It's always a little harder to pull off with IG though.
>>
File: Starlight Guard.jpg (142KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Starlight Guard.jpg
142KB, 768x1024px
This dudes are actually Scions, but couldn't find a printable format.

They are a lot like the Knights, they have their heraldry painted on their shoulders too. Some may even be related to the SMs they fight along side. Though we're the Knights use plasma & aggressive tactics, the Guard like to fortify & give their allies a solid rock in which to move around & launch sallies
>>
>>54327024
...so ablative shielding with REALLY BIG GUNS THAT CAN WALK?
>>
>>54307366
Aw. I wasn't hoping to talk about my various game characters. I've got enough active at the moment I could probably put them down for a skirmish game.
>>
>>54327437
Sorry, these Knights >>54317306
I meant to link in the text.
>>
>>54327719
>>54327437

The whole text was full of errors because someone near my apartment started shooting a gun & I needed to check everything out
>>
>>54327719
>>54327747
Oh.
>>
>>54327747
That's, uh... where do you live?
>>
>>54328266
American Midwest. Smallish town near enough to the capital of my state. Not way out in BFE though, so gunshots are a cause for concern. Definitely wasn't fireworks. Sounded like six or seven 12 gauge rounds, which would be about right for a shotgun. Talked to a few neighbors, but didn't see anything. Cops came by looking, pretty fast. No cool story for you guys, sorry
>>
>>54328491
Odd. Guess someone was a little too high on freedom. Someone should recommend him for the the Eagles of Liberty.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.