[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 26

File: thumb_New40kArtContent3.jpg (27KB, 295x400px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_New40kArtContent3.jpg
27KB, 295x400px
what went wrong?
>>
8th edition? Nothing, I think its great. Sure it may be too abstract and 'gamey' in some aspects but so far its miles ahead of 6th-7th ed, specially for casual games now that you can build a decent army out of your collection and win agaisnt a better army.

There's no more unbeatable OP armies and Apocalypse tier weaponry where entire units are invalidated.
>>
>>54306223
Is that a Dark Angel? If so when the Imperium discovered Lion El'Jonson
>>
>>54306223
With what? What's your issue?
>>
>>54306223
Nothing. 8e is best edition.
>>
A lot of the new models are pretty ugly. Other than that it's okay.
>>
>>54306498
t. Only played 6th and 7th.
>>
>>54306679
Wrong. I started in 4th. But I have tried editions as early as 2nd.

8e is best edition.
>>
>>54306727
I started in third, first and second looked like total garbage, and I quit with sixth. 8th is the best edition in the games history right now. It might fall apart as unbalanced codexes are rushed out by shitty designers, but the game has the best core rule set its ever had and with a few tweaks to helps suspension of disbelief (like adding vehicle wrecks and terrain movement modifiers back in) it'll be even better.

It's not perfect by any stretch and some shit is still kinda amateur hour, but it's the first coherent ruleset that isn't lol randumb that the company has EVER produced for ANY of its games.
>>
>>54306795
Well said.
>>
I started with 3rd. 8th is the best.
>>
>>54306679
been playing since rogue trader and still have every edition. 8th is best.
>>
>>54306223
shitty indices and proofreading
the core mechanics are solid, we just need armies that use them well.
>>
Been playing since 5th. 8 is best
>>
The shilling in this thread is real, goddamn
>>
>>54307116
Right, because it's not possible for people to genuinely like this game. They must be paid by GW to post anonymously on a Norwegian underwater basket weaving forum. It's the only explanation.
>>
>>54307116
>people like a thing
>HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY LIKE THING, THING'S PRODUCERS MUST BE PAYING YOU
Anon, you know people unironically like unredeemable complete shit sometimes, right? Never mind mixed editions of a wargame we've all bought heavily into.
>>
>>54307262
>people unironically like what i perceive as unredeemable complete shit
Fixed that for you. No worries, people often mistake their own opinions for fact sometimes. It's a common mistake.
>>
So, what exactly do people like about 8th compared to 3rd or 4th? I'm actually genuinely curious.
>>
File: bad.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bad.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
>>54306223
>>54307116
t. teens that need attention.
>>
>>54307340
>>(You)
How about you put forward a case for your opinion?
>>
>>54306528
So far only Primaris Marines and Death Guard have been released, and DG if anything are meant to be ugly. I'm guessing new models will be tied to codex releases in the early part of 8th Edition.
>>
They had the perfect opportunity for introducing female Space Marines and blew it
>>
File: mahreens.jpg (248KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
mahreens.jpg
248KB, 1600x900px
>>54307116
>>54306223
>>54306679
asshurt demon player with 1000 blood letters and 100 blood thirsters detected

>>54307412
fuck off
>>
>>54307412
To hell with this idea already, it's completely unreasonable to recon all SM creation fluff.
>>
>>54307459
That's my point idiot. you wouldn't have to retcon it, just saw Cawl figured it out
>>
File: 570479796_1280x720.jpg (700KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
570479796_1280x720.jpg
700KB, 1280x720px
>>54307412
But there are female space marines and they're big into musical theater
>>
>>54307412
Give me one good reason to do female space marines other than "muh equality". Do it. I am waiting.
>>
>>54307477
Retarded SJW that likely doesn't play Marines or even 40k.
>>
>>54307412
This is the same fucking cunt from the SoB thread. He's a troll, ignore him.
>>
>>54307517
No that troll claims it is actually happening. This guy said it should have happened already. Different trolls.
>>
>>54307529
Ah right. Either way I suppose my sentiment stays the same!

On topic, I'm enjoying 8th immensely. Decided to take up Hawk Lords for the new edition and I've been having fun with a fluffy codex army.
>>
File: cancer.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
>>54307412
>women being in combat roles
>fucking with the lore
>not being satisfied with sisters of battle
>>
>>54307391
I'm just asking a question. 3rd and early 4th was the golden age of Chapter Approved, chapter traits, guard doctrines, Movie Marines, conversion guides, etc. Guard could take a *Pimp Cane* for the hell of it (a classic "Trademark item" being a Swagger stick). Hell, the 4e rulebook came with Kill Team and campaign rules stock, rather than them being paid standalones.

4th emphasized the game and the hobbu aspects of 40k. 8th removed Looted Wagons because GW "doesn't make a model for it."
>>
File: 516515616.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
516515616.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>54307116
I can't tell if they're being sarcastic, trolling, or are actually GW employees being paid to shill. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>54306223

> War game
> Nonsensical rules for cover and objectives
>>
File: e55.jpg (161KB, 1890x1417px) Image search: [Google]
e55.jpg
161KB, 1890x1417px
>>54306223
Im loving 8th edition, not only because its great, but because the only people who are actually asshurt about it are the people who were abusing the game and running broken lists

Everytime they try and justify what they dont like about it it is obvious that they are mad they can no longer auto win by abusing the game.

>REEEE WHY DONT MY ELDAR JET BIKES HAVE AN ASSAULT MOVE ANYMORE
>REEE WHY DO MY ELDAR HAVE TO SUBRACT ONE FROM THEIR HIT IF THEY ARE SHOOTING SCATTER LASERS
>REEEE WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR MODELS THAT IM GOING TO SUMMON IN!!
>REEEE WHY CAN MY FLYERS BE HIT MORE OFTEN AND ASSAULTED BY OTHER FLYING UNITS
>REEE WHY DO I GET PENALIZED FOR BRING 3 IMPERIAL KNIGHTS!!!!
>REEEEE WHY CANT I MAKE A 2+ RE-ROLLABLE JINK SAVE
>REEEE WHY DID EVERYTHING GET POINTS ADJUSTED!!!!
>>
File: 1476910874221.jpg (96KB, 640x719px) Image search: [Google]
1476910874221.jpg
96KB, 640x719px
>>54307620
>10 foot tall super humans manning automatic rpgs fly around the galaxy fighting and killing things even bigger than them, sometimes even demi gods, while having nowhere to store their ammunition.
>in the far future they also prefer close combat weapons because it makes them look cooler while they purge an entire planet of innocents because 10 of them worshipped chaos, all in the name for a semi-dead corpse who uses his brain magic to stop a literal portal to hell from opening up on earth.

>your problem with all this is the cover mechanics?
>>
Literally just want five good reasons why 8e is THE WORST 40K EVER instead of calling everyone else shills.

Fuck off back to /v/.
>>
>>54307815
Yes.
I mean I'm not the guy you're responding to, but the answer is obviously yes, right?
Yes.
Yes, final answer.
>>
>>54306290
Rust stalkers were basically invalidated. Haywire was the thing keeping them in and now they are luck based melee units that would get mowed down before they even get to the target.
>>
>>54307767
It's funny because as an eldar player i LOVE the changes they made. Jetbikes fulfill a niche role as fast assaults with shuriken cannons, and everything feels fluffier while being more balanced. Pleased about the wraith knight nerf, its no longer taking 3-5 per 2000 point list.
>>
>>54308175
How are Wraith Knights in a dark eldar list? I'm thinking of picking one up to convert
>>
Im ok with 8th ed. Everything is cool and they nerfed the right things. My only problem is the stupid ass morale shit.

>We are spess muhreens! And we shall no know fear!
>Runs away after some of his friends dies like a guardsman

A personal one
>Skitarii are supposed to be basically fearless because someone's piloting them in orbit
>"Survival is nothing, data is all" built to literally gather data by dying
>Ld 7 on alphas
>>
>>54307815

> Cover only works when the whole unit is standing in it
> Stops working when a single model is out
> Does not obstruct or limit shots through/over it
> Massively improves armoured units, irrelevant for light infantry

Yes, cover totally fucking sucks and it's supposed to be a core part of the game. It's inexcusably awful and fails in just about every aspect.
>>
>>54308222
Wraithknights are functional on a DE list, though since there is no innate rulings for most wraith units, run your wraiths and DE in a ynnari detachment, and watch Yvraine as she makes everything not die.
>>
>>54308369
By that i mean that wraith units dont get stuff like battle focus innately.
>>
>>54308326
>Units do not need to bring their weapons to bare on the target, any part (i.e. antennae) will do even if a fraction is sticking out of cover.

Its like they fucked up one thing while fixing another. One step forward, one step back
>>
Also your DE infantry benefitting from strength beyond death is absolutely stellar.
>>
>>54306223
8th edition, best edition. Chess can fuck off. There's a new, more balanced boardgame in town, baby!
>>
>>54308410
>>54308369
I haven't really looked at the Ynarri stuff so i miss out on using haemonculus coven stuff but what do i gain?
>>
>>54306223
Really? We're down to that point of shitposting? Kill yourself OP. Argue for your point, don't meme like a bitchboy.

And 8th ed is great.
>>
>>54307116
Then suck my shilling dick you retard.
>>
>>54306795
See, I preferred 3.5/4th (early) by a long margin and can't imagine how someone who experienced the good years under the overlord Chambers could not? I was playing a slightly patched 4e through 6/7th so it's clear I'm a fan of four. Why do y'all prefer 8th? It feels like 3e BBB, but less robust in a lot of ways.

>>54306727
Started with the 3e BBB, have tried every edition, own RT.

>>54307450
Orks main here. Had Chaos a while, but that was no daemons anyhow. Have a small feral guard army that won't see the table except in 4th. Dunno about the other guy though.
>>
>>54307595
>>
>>54308689
You are the equivalent of that guy who continued to play a heavily houseruled version of 3.5 D&D forever, and claims it's the best because it's all he knows.
Play some games of 2e, then you will have some grounding to understand what has changed and why.
>>
>>54307412
They already have them they're called Sisters of Battle. Deal with it.
>>
>>54308725
I've played every edition. 2e less than some, but I've given the Ork Artillery Experience a spin, and battled for the farm, and it's a different game. Wouldn't make it my main game, but it's got hella charm.

I've tried 8e as well. Atm I don't have a retro group, so it's been all I've played since it hit. It's one of the better editions, but I don't think it's the best and am confused as to why people do.
>>
>>54307595
They had all that and still managed to be worse games. I don't care how many party grab bags GW throws at me if the game is shit.
>>
>>54308689
>3.5

The fact that 3.5 was a fucking thing already shows why your earlier argument of 3E being better than 8E is full of shit.
>>
>>54309106
There was more time between 3.0 and 3.5 than 8 has had (or given GW edition timing, might ever have). If we get through this year with less FAQ than core rules I'll be surprised.
>>
>>54309607
>than 8 has had

No fucking shit it just came out you dipshit
>>
>>54306223
They made the game good again and now no one will play shitty irrelevant games with me anymore because they all went back to 40k :(
>>
>>54306223
I dont really like how Tau make no sense anymore but if the codex comes with a point balance then 8th will be the best edition i've played (started in 5th)
>>
>>54309655
Yes, so using the fact that 3.5 was needed as a comparison is dumb since we don't know the shelf life of 8.0. But 3.0 also outlasted 7th edition, and was comparable to the editions before that.

I hope we get an 8.5 sooner rather than later, I feel that 8th needs a little additional material to smooth some odd things out and it'd be great. Tank shock and the like.
>>
>>54308584
Sorry for the late response. Ynnari units have a rule called Strength from death. If any model in your unit kills an enemy model within 7" (i think that is the range) thry can take an extra move, shoot, charge or assault phase. Makes banshees wuth Jain zar and wraithblades all murderhobos on crack when you vomit them out of a wave serpent.
>>
>>54309981
>"muh riptides" the post
>>
>>54310042
3e was the only edition that needed a X.5

It's disingenuous and retarded to imply that we should "just wait" because "8e might need 8.5 too". No, bitch, GW has never done an X.5 after 3.5
>>
>>54307342
did you take a picture of your computer screen?
>>
They did get a tad overnerfed though
>>
>>54311902
3 without a .5 lasted about as long or longer than every other edition. Implying that they represent a bigger failing than skipping to a new edition is dumb. I mean, if you call it 9 instead of 8.5, I'm not sure you're doing much better.

Frankly 8 could use an 8.5. It's mostly solid but has failings in the core that will require core rule tweaks to fix.
>>
>>54312077
The core rules are fine. It's the datasheets that all need the tweaks. The problems exist with unclear rule conflicts and vague descriptions.

And no, those stupid image macros are not arguments. The core rules are fine.
>>
The only thing shitty about it is Primaris marines.
>>
>>54312132
The lore is dumb but man the models look great.
>>
>>54312077
>Frankly 8 could use an 8.5. It's mostly solid but has failings in the core that will require core rule tweaks to fix.
No it doesn't. Outside of a few things that can easily be handled in an FAQ, the core rules are fine. Stupid shit like "flamers are the best anti-flyer" are only spouted by people who haven't actually played the game
>>
>>54307815
Cover does suck but this is a great description of 40k
>>
>>54312100
The ability to block vehicles with a line of grots/throwaway infantry isn't great. There's a few oddities around vehicles that some small changes would help with. Making it so vehicles can also fire after falling back would help some. Returning tank shock in some form would help more.

>>54312340
Skorchas buggies are better anti-air than Traktor guns in my experience. That's as much to do with Traktor's sucking at their job as anything else though.
>>
>>54312234
IDK why they couldn't have just said "Guidoman found a way to juice up space marines and make the process safer/faster" and just have all Primaris literally be old'rines who've gotten these experimental upgrades and armor

"Why would manlet marines still exist then!?" you ask

Because no fucking army in the history of ever has ever properly supplied it's entire forces with the shiny new gear it's supposed to have. Scarcity and logistical problems are a perennial IoM problem, dating back to the crusades.

So they introduce Primaris as a new limited edition special unit being produced enmasse to reinforce Chapters, and then as time goes on everyone/thing gets upgraded because we KNOW that's where things are headed.

>>54312419
Flamethrowers being anti-air really needs to get patched out, it's pretty hilarious
>>
>>54312234
well, the basic marine models/heroes look great

the new stuff is kind of shit
>>
>>54307340
I dunno about third or fourth (started in fifth), but.....

>>Splitting the turn up into rounds to keeping the game moving
>>AP is more interactive and isn't all or nothing depending on the relative strengths of the units
>>Al(most all) rules are included on each unit's profile
>>Detachment super flexible for army composition
>>Progressive vehicle damage
>>Movement characteristic instead of six or seven different movement types based on the unit class, plus random USR modifiers
>>To hit and wounding made a little simpler and _much_ clearer
>>Roll modifiers easier mechanically
>>Leadership changes
>>Have you seen those motherfucking orks?
>>Don't have to roll for psychic powers
>>Only random tables are D3 or D6 attacks
>>Deep Strikes much easier for to aforementioned lack of USR
>>Much Eldar will be given a run for their money instead of being annoyingly op
>>
>>54312475
All guns can shoot at different targets
>>
>>54310310
What? No, read again.

When a unit you own dies, other units within a few inches get a free action of some kind. You don't get to chain together killing sprees, you get an extra action of whatever type you want each time you lose a unit. Triggers everything in range, so it encourages massing units
>>
>>54312515
>>>Tfw they fix one of the most annoying, pants on head retarded limitations
>>
>>54308153
haywire weapons are now pretty much useless across the board.
>>
>>54306223
I thought Primaris couldnt fall to chaos?
>>
>>54312635
They really shouldn't be able to outside Lucious shenanigans, Chaos being old and busted marines primarily is part of its identity.
>>
File: Consider the Following.png (390KB, 898x610px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the Following.png
390KB, 898x610px
>>54306290
COOOOOOOONSCRIIIIIIIIPTS
>>
>>54312708
I can't tell if you're trolling or stupid
>>
>>54312767
Elf slave wat do

...what? I thought we were just saying random /tg/-only memes.
>>
>>54306795
>It might fall apart as unbalanced codexes are rushed out by shitty designers
well, then we'll just have index tourneys
>>
>>54307043
i put 1st and 8th on equal terms but for very different reasons
>>
>>54312767
nobody field 600 of them irl tho.
they'll also loose the <REGIMENT> keyword in their codex so next and they wont be worth anything anymore
>>
>>54308153
Not to mention the Infiltrator nerf in the FAQ that nobody asked for.
>>
>>54308311
>>We are spess muhreens! And we shall no know fear!
>>Runs away after some of his friends dies like a guardsman

Worse is the exemple in the rulebook where 5plague marines shoot & charge 5 primaris marines killing 4 of them.
The last primaris kill one of the five plagues marines. Then one of the four plagues marines flee the battle
>>
>>54308326
> Stops working when a single model is out
They FAQ'd this already, only the models outside of cover don't get the bonus to saves.
>>
>>54307595
>8th removed Looted Wagons because GW "doesn't make a model for it."
OMG, this editions sucks! thanks for opening my eyes, anon. it's literally nothing
>>
File: CEWIhM-WIAAJFEw.jpg (68KB, 600x676px) Image search: [Google]
CEWIhM-WIAAJFEw.jpg
68KB, 600x676px
>>54307412
>>
>>54312767
I hate fucking retards that whine about conscripts.
Yeah if some dude actually come with 200 of them then I say he deserves they are actually good
>>
I probably hate the community more than anything atm. Either 8th is literally Satan and ruined the game or 8th is a perfect ruleset and disliking any portion of it means you should go and sell all of your models.
>>
>>54308689
save modifiers >>> AP, for starters
most significantly: nearly every army is viable
>>
>>54314760
actually sounds a lot like Chaos.

How else would most Traitor marines in the long war make it to the 41st millennium without running like a bitch.
>>
>>54314787
Well the extremely negative people on /tg/ are almost always wrong, like when they say GW is going to die or GW isn't better than it used to be or when GW is fucking it all up despite their stocks going up 50% and they can afford neither genuine FW models nor GW stock, so who do you think you should be listening to?
>>
>>54315042
/tg/ said Riptides were going to be bad when they came out due to low firepower.
/tg/ said Wraithknights were going to be bad when they came out due to being overpriced.
/tg/ said Stormsurges were going to be bad when they came out due to low firepower AND being overpriced.
/tg/ said 6th edition Eldar would surely be nerfed, as nobody in their right mind would buff the best army in the game.
>>
>>54315056
>Anon used Hyperbole
>Its wasnt very effective...
>>
>>54315073
>hyperbole

Okay newfag, I was literally here for all those things. You can look them up on the archives if you really wanted to, but you're probably too stupid to find a searchable archive for /tg/.
>>
File: Untitled.png (8KB, 891x100px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8KB, 891x100px
>>54315073
>>
File: Necrons.gif (404KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
Necrons.gif
404KB, 550x600px
>>54315159
>but you're probably too stupid to find a searchable archive for /tg/.
Oh wow butt-flustered much?

Finding some retarded response out of hundreds of threads does not a cogent argument make.
>>
>>54314787
Welcome to the echo chamber of the internet. Moderate opinions are ignored, so you get to pick either black, or white. Anything else might as well be static as far as we're concerned.
>>
>>54312524
Both only somewhat right.

If a unit has Strength from Death, whenever a unit (friend or foe) dies within 7" of them, they get to perform a Soulburst. They harness the psychic energy left behind the deaths amd it lets them either do am extra move, shoot, charge, take a round of combat, or perform a psker power. Maybe somethimg else, i forget, but you get my drift.
A unit can only benefit from a soulburst once per round, and only one unit can benefit from a particular unit dying.

So if i have 3 units of Incubi that cut apart a cadre of fire warriors in combat, I can then use soulburst as the fire warriors die to make one of those incubi units charge another unit, even if it was on the enemy's turn.

Sadly, most ynnari armies are used more like supplemental eldar armies, with only a small spattering of deldar thrown in, if any at all.
>>
>>54315178
>Finding some retarded response

You retarded, faggot? You called something hyperbole when it was just paraphrasing actual quotes that you're too ignorant and new to know about or have experienced. That's like saying people describing the treatment of niggers pre-civil rights movement hyperbole.

>hur dur attack dogs and fire hoses on niggers? LOL HYPERBOLE
>>
File: Fuck you.jpg (12KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you.jpg
12KB, 236x236px
>>54315272
>HURR DURR /TG/ IS ALL ONE PERSON
>HURR DURR IF THIS ONE PERSON SAID THIS EVERYONE THOUGHT THE SAME
>>
>>54315297
>HUR DUR I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE'S REFERRING TO SO IT WAS ONLY ONE PERSON SAYING THOSE THINGS

Nigga the only reason they were brought up is because they were common sentiments. You weren't even fucking around back then so you don't even know yet you're still talking.
>>
File: Untitled.png (35KB, 1798x242px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
35KB, 1798x242px
>>54315297
>>
>>54315056
Does it surprise you that /tg/ is fucking terrible at 40k? Real players don't sit around discussing the game with people who obviously don't know how to play.
>>
>>54312767
>>54314783

They are only good on paper.
>>
>>54315322
If that
>>
File: 1499976530904.png (1MB, 1624x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1499976530904.png
1MB, 1624x3056px
>>
>>54315297
>posting chimp nigger shit like dab in response to being called a newfag

BOI
>>
>>54315351
At least it's not a chinashit unboxing.

Oh wait, are all these guys poorfags jealous of him actually doing a genuine FW unboxing instead of posting 20 photos of shittily cast brittle resin in bubblewrap?
>>
>>54315365
You still mad nobody liked your blog?
>>
>>54315351
>eldarfags admitting they are gay
Kek
>>
>>54315373
>it's either us or them

You too stupid to think someone exists who hates both of you faggots?
>>
>>54315351
oh yeah that was a fun thread, feels good to be included in a screencap, was worth staying up till 2:30am just for this alone last night.
>>
>>54315426
I like how the whole thread turned into shitposting
>>
>>54315405
>being this mad over shitposting
Go back to the kiddy-safe reddit environment if you don't want shitposting
>>
>>54315448
mate that's what happens when cheetah anon and an australian who stayed up till 2:30am achieve, and some autist in the next thread accused us of being /pol/ when we said nothing /pol/ related, then the next thread was shitted up by real /pol/ who dumped his hitler folder and was banned by mods.
I gotta stay up late more often burgers are hilarious
>>
did they really have SO much fucking trouble coming up with a way to release properly sized marine models ?
>>
>>54315351
if you start unboxing something and arent immediately clever you deserve to be ridiculed. Or if your nails are dirty lol
>>
>>54312767
Oh gawd, I found myself across the board from a guard player in a PL30 8-player megabattle. Fucker had a commisar, a leman russ, and A SHITLOAD OF CONSCRIPTS screening them. I had a bunch of primaris marines. Only thing that saved my ass from the Galaxy's Worst Rave Party was his work calling him in and him having to pack up and leave. Took him, like, 20 minutes to roll all his shots per shooting phase
>>
>>54315504
I would be fucking happy if my army get new model every fucking year.
>>
>>54315560
Conscript fags are either dudes who know exactly how ridiculous it is or turbo-autists. 6 powerpoints or 150 points for a 50 man squad, and all you need to do is have enough commissars to keep them in their bubble and they are fearless or only lose 1 man to morale.
>>
>>54315042

>despite their stocks going up 50%

Pfft, more like 190%. They started the year at 450, they're over 1300 now.
>>
>>54306223
>No squats
>no new xenon allies for tau
>no new upgrade kits for all 18 legions
>no special characters for the traitor legions
>deleted a bunch of special characters
>>
8th ed bad or not
this whole thread gave me cancer
>>
File: nigger monkey.png (133KB, 208x209px) Image search: [Google]
nigger monkey.png
133KB, 208x209px
>>54315595
>>
>>54315592
>mfw their stocks skyrocket every time they do some marine shit
>BaC
>BoP
>Primaris

All the people complaining about GW doing dumb stuff because shareholders, and GW making too much marine stuff, hold onto your anuses.
>>
>>54315585

It's commissars that are OP in a horde army like guard. It ought to be something like ATSKNF's reroll in return for the blamming, not a flat out ignoring of morale. Conscripts shouldn't be able to use orders either.
>>
>>54307507
It's cool
>>
>>54315460

I want GOOD shitposting.

>>54315448
>implying that isn't 99% of 40k generals

You new?
>>
File: images (36).jpg (19KB, 377x390px) Image search: [Google]
images (36).jpg
19KB, 377x390px
How are Grot tanks in 8e?

Going start an Ork Armoured Krumpany and was thinking of taking a swarm of grot tanks as my "troops"
>>
>>54315635
Your shitposting is bad
>>
>>54315712
Yeah you would know, you're the expert on terrible shitposting.
>>
>>54315744
Nice retailation
>>
>>54315751
Retaliation*
Not that you would notice the difference
>>
>>54315238

Correct

It can get silly quickly with very killy or very large units where it's easy to chain strength from death multiple times in a turn (once for each unit) and proceed to delete an enemy unit every time.
>>
>>54315698

They are great for killing power and durability compared to their point cost, but leadership is a massive problem.

Even with MSU they still risk wiping out the whole squad after a single tank dies, running them above minimum size is suicidal.

The megatank at least fixes that.
>>
>>54315585

Conscripts got buffed in pretty much every way imaginable without reducing their points cost or improving their stats (though orders are kind of a massive stat buff).
Unless you're playing power points, then they also got buffed to be effectively 2.4 ppm instead of 3 ppm
>>
>>54316249

Well, at PL you are actually worse off

>100 conscripts, Company commander with chainsword and bolter, Commissar with 2x chainsword and bolt pistol, Priest with storm bolter.

120+120+31+31+37 = 369 pt
6+6+3+2+3 = 20 power

sure, you can slap some extra fancy toys on the characters, but you don't really need them.
>>
>>54316199
ok thanks.

what weapons would you suggest. i was thinking mostly a bunch of rokits to take advantage of the better BS for single shot weapons.
>>
>>54312767
> Using conscripts
> Not using Razorwing Flocks
>>
File: 1311695580610.jpg (285KB, 752x750px) Image search: [Google]
1311695580610.jpg
285KB, 752x750px
>>54307507
There is no reason to exclude women in a time where every body on the field is important (The Crusade), nothing about the stated creation method of space marines should fundamentally exclude women on a scientific level, and if we're throwing science to the wind why would we not have all the options possible?
>>
File: 1262209517762.jpg (208KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1262209517762.jpg
208KB, 800x1200px
>>54307569
>>54308790
If SoB were ever treated with any sort of dignity and respect equal to the fucking Guard, let alone Space Marines, that'd be a fair point. They're blood for the Grey Knights' armour and a force to pull out when they need the imperium to lose, as well as the worst parts of 80s sexism.
>>
>>54316618

I found mass big shoota the best option personally, mostly for the range advantage over rokkits.
>>
>>54316667
they gene mods are specific enough that not even all men are compatible.
having straight up different chromosomes is going to throw a spanner in the works.

Also the emperor specifically didn't wantnto create marines of both genders, so they couldn't breed anong themselves and replace humanity instead of protecting it.
>>
>>54316720
ok, so basically I should look elsewhere for my anti big stuff firepower.
>>
File: nTAihsp.jpg (110KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
nTAihsp.jpg
110KB, 750x600px
how common is it for chaosfags to dedicate to one chaos god?
Slaanesh represent
>>
>>54316667
>nothing about the stated creation method of space marines should fundamentally exclude women
>should
and yet it does, explicitly

I'm not sure why you've chosen this hill to die on. Is it just that anything being "no girls allowed" sets you off?
>>
File: fuck off ghost.png (1MB, 692x973px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off ghost.png
1MB, 692x973px
>>54316694
>>
I'm ambivalent about most of the gameplay changes, and I actually like that I can just dump conscripts on the table without a 130 points platoon tax.

I miss formations because they allowed for interesting options and gimmicks, and I miss the actual rules changes for faction variations, but I'll reserve judgement for when codexes come out.
>>
>>54317221
>I miss formations because they allowed for interesting options and gimmicks
Eh thatwws mostly because it let you work outside the standard FoC, now that we just have a bunch of different FoCs to choose from you can still get the same kind of variation and gimicky army focus. There's just less specifics on which units you need to take exactly.
>>
>>54315351
>he keeps posting it
(You)
>>
>>54312767
>conscripts
Grav flux levithan says hi
>>
>>54307569
But anon, women in combat roles is fucking everywhere in the lore.

I mean you can go "respect the lore: no female marines" or "women in combat roles is dumb: no female marines" but those two arguments don't work together.
>>
>>54317687
Respect the board, get out
>>
>>54306223
Ruined to attract normalfags.
>>
File: 1493872012074.gif (1MB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
1493872012074.gif
1MB, 207x207px
>>54307412
>wants women space marines
>>
>>54306223
Right now I love it. I'm worried about codices ruining the balance by a lot. So far every game I've had, win or lose, has been awesome and extremely close. No one has gotten upset because the games are so close.
>>
>>54318013
t. waacfag spent hundreds on his cheese and now has to spend more money on more cheese
>>
>>54316694
>If SoB were ever treated with any sort of dignity and respect equal to the fucking Guard, let alone Space Marines, that'd be a fair point. They're blood for the Grey Knights' armour and a force to pull out when they need the imperium to lose.

That's fair.

>The worst parts of 80s sexism.

What are you some kind of Nerfherder?
>>
>>54306795
>(like adding vehicle wrecks and terrain movement modifiers back in) it'll be even better.
Wrecks are gone, but you really need to read the rule books better. Terrain movement modifiers are in the advanced rules section
>>
>>54316694
SoBs exist in universe to flaunt the letter of the law. By GW's own admission they are not as legitimate as the Guard or Astartes. Just a gimmick army with gimmick fluff.

t. Sisters player.
>>
>>54306223
They painted the ultramarine green for some reason.
>>
>>54312475
Igougo needed to go. Making it Igougo, but alternating activations for assault is...weird.
AP and "cover equals armor" makes cover best for units that need it the least.
Detachments=spam.

Agreed with printing rules on the unit. Disagree with USR removal, instead of USR consolidation. Very easy to potentially bug the game.
>I get +1 strength on the charge.
>No, you're thinking of Furious Charge. You just get +2 attacks from Rage.
>These rules infuriate me.
>You mean they enrage you.

Agreed on Move values. That was a good call.

Wounding wasn't that difficult. Hits are weird, plasma explodes more at night.

In 4e, most armies *bought* Psy powers, and more powerful ones cost more points. In 5e, it was usually "pick 2 at army creation".

In 8e, you roll "It's not FNP" on an individual model basis.

1 step forward, 1 step back.
>>
>>54317221
I am 50/50 on formations. Some were "all bonus, no tax, units you want to take anyway" and others were "no bonus, all tax, units you don't want to take." You had the Riptide, and you had the awful shittiness that was Khorne's Bloodstorm.

Had formations been more about actual *fluffy* builds/options, and less a way to push bundle kits, I doubt they would have had as much hate.

Of course, 8e is almost unbound anyway.
>>
File: mrkboar1.jpg (24KB, 362x352px) Image search: [Google]
mrkboar1.jpg
24KB, 362x352px
Will Snakebites get a gimmick again in the new codex? Without boar riders they're basically just runtherds, and there is no cool mob associated with them anymore.
>>
>>54316797
Often, now that Nurgle WAACfags are out in full force once again
>>
>>54320650
>tfw Thousand Sons will never ever be strong enough to have a 50% winrate on their own
>>
>>54320650
>Often, now that Nurgle WAACfags are out in full force once again

They never really left - nurglefaggots have been completely sedated, with their shitty modelling and painting skills being overlooked because "durr nurgl its groce!!!! XDDD" as well as nurgle units being way more powerful than any of the others.
>>
>>54320470

<Klan> keyword?
>>
>>54314750
>He never fielded hundreds of guardsmen and conscripts
Shit was always effective simply because enemies could rarely kill that much shit. Killing 300 guardsmen in the open in any edition still took like 166 turns of heavy bolters firing or 28 bolters firing nonstop for six turns. Unless you planned ahead with tons of artillery it was always easy to get fucked by conscripts.

The reason I loved 5th edition was because it had hilarious special characters for IG
>Outflank 100+ guardsmen with al rahem
>Get respawning conscripts every turn with Chenkov
>Creed lets you outflank even more shit
>Humans coming out of the damn walls. Game over man, game over.
>>
>>54320470
Maybe in Chapter Approved.
>>
>>54325085
>Humans coming out of the damn walls. Game over man, game over.
I would pay money to watch a Tyranid player lose to this.
>>
>>54325161
kinda did this once with my 200 respawning gaunts list.

ended as a draw as there was basically just a meatgrinder in the middle of table. But over a 1000 minis would have hit the table if you count respawned gaunts/conscripts as "new" minis.
>>
>>54325304
>After weeks of fighting there was a mountain of corpses over a kilometer tall that each side had to fight over
>The slaughter attracted the attentions of Khorne
>His bloodletters were defeated after slaughtering hundreds of millions of guardsmen and gaunts
>>
I've been playing since the end of 4th and honestly 8th is the best edition I've played.

The only issues I have are with some abstractions, like flamers vs aircraft, and it's not perfect rule-wise but it's more fun and much better balanced than 7th.

People came up with Riptide spam as soon as the codex was released, so it's safe to assume that if there was something amazingly broken in the current rules people would have found it inb4 conscript spam, if you'd tried it you'd see it wasn't that great

Also fuck Forge World for being incompetent at writing rules, there are so many issues and spelling errors it triggers my autism hard, they could have just copied some rules like Voice of Command for Death Korps, but instead they rewrote it in a retarded way so RAW any Krieg officer can issue unlimited commands per turn
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.