[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scalable druid item?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Hey all.
I'm about to start a D&D 5e game where we will be in a low magic setting. Instead of more regularly gaining magic items, the DM wants us each to come up with a "signature" item which will level with us.
I will be playing a Circle of the Moon Druid, so wildshaping a lot. He is going to work with us, so I can have something that could reasonably shift to be useable still in wildshape.
I want something with decent fluff value, not just granting stat increases.

My ideas so far are a garland which produces magic beans or berries, a grafted magic horn or tooth, or a staff used to manipulate plants or do earthbending essentially at higher levels.

Anyone have input/suggestions? Thanks!
>>
File: 1428841485817.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1428841485817.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
>>54305350
>we will be in a low magic setting
>I will be playing a Circle of the Moon Druid
>>
Something that allows you to talk in animal form and essentially cast verbal only spells, flavourful, not shit and not OP either.
>>
>>54305350
A feather headdress that starts with one feather and gains one or two every level up. I don't know what is does but that can figured out later
>>
>>54305350
Your staff could appear thoroughly dead at low levels and be reborn, sprouting leaves, branches and berries as you grow in level.
>>
>>54305350
An artifact that would grant you benefits for a short period of time when shifting in and out of forms, like shifting out of a form grants you advantage on your next spell and shifting into a from grants you advantage on your next melee attack.
>>
>>54305350
have something that allows you to, over the course of levels:

>get a few more wildshapes per day. haven't looked at 5e much but I assume you've been nerfed compared to past editions
>let you apply your armor bonus in addition to the creature you shift to's natural armor
>lets you switch to a different form without wasting wildshape but still using an action

additionally, since Master of Many forms is objectively the best thing ever, have the item give you more types of creatures you can become, within reason.
>>
What about a wreath to wear with some flowers on it? Plucking a flower could let you use it to cast a predetermined spell in a manner similar to a scroll and would work as a limit to the number of free casts you get per day. As you level up you could have the wreath grow more and different types of flowers increasing the number of free spells and what spells the wreath lets you cast.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.