[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RPG classes and party roles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: class.png (689KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
class.png
689KB, 900x720px
The whole fighter/wizard/rogue/cleric gig is the sdandard, but what a party of adventures really needs in terms of character functions and abilities?
>>
>>54302644
They just need a class and rules that sound cool and resemble a trope dear to the player.
>>
>>54302644
Man-at-Arms/Magic-User/Thief
>>
>>54302907
If you want to go back to original D&D, it should actually be Fighting Man, Magic-User, and Cleric. Thief didn't come 'til later.
>>
>>54302644
Depends on the game.

Everybody needs to be able to talk, to fight, to sneak, to handle magic/weird stuff, and to not die.
>>
>>54302644
Depends on the setting.
>>
File: 1460995745823.jpg (7KB, 103x150px) Image search: [Google]
1460995745823.jpg
7KB, 103x150px
>>54302644
>Cleric + Barbarian = Monk

This chart is retardo.
>>
>>54302644
They don't need anything.

The joy of tabletop is the freedom that comes with it. If you want to play a party of 4 wizards, 4 priests, 4 bards, whatever ... then go for it. You'll just have to adjust how you face challenges and potentially, your GM may need to adjust the campaign.

That said, in most of the campaigns I play though, whether D&D, Shadowrun or 40k, everyone is expected to contribute in combat and as far as non-combat roles go you have stealth, diplomacy, magical/IT support, knowledge and research.
>>
>>54302644
something to hit close good
something to hit far good
something to get hit good
something to crit good
something to dodge good
something to magic attack good
something to magic buff good
something to get hit by magic good
something to leverage weaknesses
something to status ailment good
something to heal good
something to hide good
something to negotiate good
something to <insert specialized niche> good

then mix and match ideally no more than 2 at a time into a 14x14 table
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.