[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 266
Thread images: 101

File: 1400567140164.png (4MB, 3296x1688px) Image search: [Google]
1400567140164.png
4MB, 3296x1688px
Unglued/Unhinged Edition

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here:
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
https://mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
http://pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Color Pie mechanics
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: http://pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:
who cares
>>
File: render(2).jpg (179KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
render(2).jpg
179KB, 744x1039px
Post some funny cards, be creative.
>>
File: bolo.jpg (35KB, 375x523px)
bolo.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54300556
Good one

>>54301146
boring
>>
File: Yu gi oh player.jpg (232KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Yu gi oh player.jpg
232KB, 744x1039px
>>
>>54300556
>>54301398
Should use silver borders for joke cards.
>>
>>54300523
I find it strange that over the passed week whenever someone makes one of these it dies almost immediately, because they were so popular before.
>>
>>54304269
I have no real impetus to post because even when I give 4-5 blurbs of feedback per post, my shit gets ignored more often than not. Why bother putting in effort to be "the change" when most of the constructive, active and interactive posters are gone and what we mostly have now are single card spammers that post no feedback, and posters who only respond to feedback on their cards but give none in return. I'll post again when these threads aren't shit. Which I leave up to you all because I'm done trying to improve them. I have better things to do with my time than headbutt a wall.

Also that OP primer is old as fuck.
>>
>>54304340
This.

Also a lot of the last few threads have been full of people that either have no clue what they're talking about when they critique cards, or people that are just there to spout nonsense and try to derail, which is really what's happening here.

MTG on /tg/ has generally been lukewarm in those regards over the last few months.
>>
File: Maddening Clarity.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Maddening Clarity.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
Not a big fan of Un-cards, so here's a rare from a set I'm helping work on instead.
>>
>>54304715
I don't get the use of this card. Why should you play it, 10 life and a round to get your 5 cards back. Meh
>>
>>54300523
>Unglued/Unhinged Edition
Let's do this then.

Power Creeper
1G
Art depicts a centipede with a beefy muscular front end and a spindly nerdy back end.
Creature - Creepy-Crawly
As long as ~ has the most recent timestamp among all permanents, it gets +2/+2 and has trample.
1/2
"Yeah, but when are they going to print something playable in Vintage?"
>>
>>54304589
>>54304340
>>54304269
The last threads were shit, nobody ever discussed about cards and nobody gave useful critique to any cards. This is why I wanted to open this thread as Unhinged edition. Uncards are just hilarious, there are so many nice mechanics, or jokes on older cards like even darker black lotus.
>>
>>54301398
This is so fucking close to a cool ass un-card. Actually require you to do something with a yugioh card, like rip it, then keep the heart of the cards text.
>>
>>5430052
>>54306200
Nice one.

Always Have An Ace Up Your Sleeve
Magician, that plays a card game, but you can see that he is cheating.
Enchantment
You may cast spells from your sideboard.
"All in"
>>
>>54306477
Thanks man.
I actually wanted to do a monster with 1200 power and 800 toughness, but these numbers do not fit in the corner.
>>
Can mtg.design do silver border? I don't think it can. Oh well.
>>
>>54306554
You can, there is a field for Border
>>
>>54300523
Eh, sure, let's do it.

"The Stack"
UUUU
Legendary Creature - Rules Avatar
Hexproof, indestructible, protection from insults
T: Choose the order effects on the stack resolve, unless each player discards a card and says "Roses are red, and a dark pinkish hue, I don't know the rules as well as you do."

0/1

Blind Billy, the Brain Damaged
3RG
Legendary Creature - Stupidity Avatar

RRGG, Stand up and point at a card: If you loudly say "I have no idea how that works", you may exile all abilities on the stack beyond the first one. This effect can only be activated if three or more abilities are on the stack.

3/9

Rumpelstiltskin
Tribal Instant - Judge

Talk to the nearest judge, and if they desire, they can rewind the game, then exile any number of cardsuntil the end of turn.

"Layers man, how do they work?"
>>
File: Destiny Draw.jpg (284KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny Draw.jpg
284KB, 744x1039px
>>54306596
Cool
>>
>>54306888
Stand the fuck aside and let me show you how it's done.

Judgement Call
3WWW
Art depicts a normal-looking man squinting down from a glowing hole in the clouds, monty-python god style.
Sorcery
Each player chooses a creature. Destroy all creatures not chosen this way.
If a judge is within three feet of you, you may cast ~ as though it had flash and costed {2} less.
"Can I talk to you for a moment about Unsporting Conduct?"
>>
>>54306983
>>54301398
>>54300556
How do you get your card images to be so massive?
>>
>>54306983
Omg I love this card. Its suits to unhinged so well
>>
>>54307331
Mtg.design, the Image I chose just fitted perfectly
>>
>>54300523

Magical Keeper
1U
Art depicts a wizard standing infront of a soccer goal (is it called goal? You know what I mean). Other wizards are throwing balls of flames to him.
Sorcery
Say "Dude, I wasn't ready yet". If you do, target opponent has to take all his moves back he did this turn.
>>
>>54307476
Iike the idea but I didnt think it was that great. It had a cute thing to care about but it doesnt feel like an uncard to me. I cant quite put my finger on why. But i posted it anyway.

A yugioh or other card game in general themed unset sounds funny though.
>>
>>54306888
>protection from insults

The Lawful Good Henry
3W
Legendary Creature - Human

Whenever an opponent player is rude, you gain 1 life.
Whenever you're rude to an opponent player, destroy ~.

0/5

"Are you happy? Being mad all the time"
>>
>>54307885
I thought of a card that lets you play yu gi oh cards as though they are magic cards. But this didnt feel good to me as I made them
>>
>>54307998
Its a little boring, but maybe you could just play them face down and trwat them as 2/2 creatures. Basically word it like manifest + draft matters cards or cards you own from outside the game wording. Then cards can care about yugioh cards you control. Rules list off the attributes face down cards dont have I think and being a yugioh card isnt one of them so I think that can still work.
>>
Dealer's Table
Artifact
1, Tap: Deal each player a poker card. A player with poker cards with a CMC of more than 21 sacrifices all of their permanents. (Poker cards dealt this way are considered artifacts with a CMC equal to their value, or 10 for face cards.)

Poker cards would fit nicely in an un-set. You could have Gambler tribal, card knights a la Alice in Wonderland, cycling, cards that are more effective in pairs/trios, and etc, and so on. My example might be a little extreme, though.
>>
So I don't have the ability yet to physically make card images, but I have some ideas for cards if you guys wouldn't mind giving feedback.

The first card I've been considering is a red instant. It costs R+two Phyrexian mana, and it deals three damage to target creature or player. The idea of course is that you lose more life than you deal damage if you want it to be a Bolt but most red decks wont mind. If it's too good I've considered it also saying "Then, that target player or target permanent's controller may scry 1."
>>
>>54308246
I really like the tech of using manifest/morph text to use cards from other games. I didnt even think about giving the other cards their own qualities since they are identifiably not magic cards so theres no mix up with morphs.
>>
File: render(4).jpg (237KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
render(4).jpg
237KB, 744x1039px
>>54308246
Had similar idea today. Card is still WIP, so the name and image are just placeholders.
>>
>>54308332
Its not too good. At the moment, red is almost useless because there are no burn cards or good spells. Your idea is okay, but i dislike pjyrexian mana. You could do something like. Deal X damage to target creature. You lose X-1 life.
>>
>>54308332
Another card I've been thinking about is a blue instant. It costs U+one generic. It says "Discard any number of cards from your hand, then scry X, where X is twice the number of cards you discarded this way. Then, draw a card."
I can't tell if it's too good or shitty yet. If it's shitty then maybe it could have instantcycling for UU as well. If it's too good then it could be changed to make you exile from your hand instead of discard, or it could cost UU or U2. Alternatively, it could cost U and be a sorcery which would definitely weaken it imo. But what do you guys think? I like the idea of instantcycling being an ability but it would have to be high costed for obvious reasons.
>>
>>54308465
I do like phyrexian mana but I agree that "~ deals 3 damage to target creature or player and 4 damage to you" feels better to me and more obviously get across what youre going for.

I do think the card would be too good though.
>>
>>54308520
Same anon, now that I think about it UU is way to cheap to tutor for an instant without being counterable. scratch that idea completely
>>
>>54308522
It woudnt, since they nerfed lightning bolt to hell. Red needs these spells to even compete with B at the moment. (If your cards are meant to be standard)
But I'd like to see some new effects for red, instead of plain damage in hundreds of variants.
>>
>>54308465
>>54308522
thanks a lot for the input. I'm gonna go get food, when I come back I'll be sure to give feedback to the rest of the thread's ideas but I have to hit up the Chinese place near my dorm before it closes
>>
>>54308603
What I mean is, eternal burn decks really shouldnt get more and imo better lava spikes. The card is fine in a vacuum I think if bolt is fine.
>>
>>54308520
I now thought of a blue/red spell myself, maybe you like the idea.

The theme of these cards are elementals, so this spell creates a 2/2 elemental with haste. It gives you a counter, amd for every counter it creates an additional elemental with +1/+1. So the third time you cast this spell, you get a 2/2, a 3/3 and a 4/4. You may combo this with a copy card or chandra to make it even more powerful. Or instead of haste, they have prowess for more lategame and control. It should cost something like RB2 i think.
>>
>>54308339
All you need is a bare minimum of rules text to dictate how mtg cards can interact with non-mtg cards and you can do what you want

>>54308414
I like it but the idea of losing hidden information to confirm and prevent cheating is worrisome
>>
>>54308722
I like the idea. I don't have much input besides that desu. Haste is pretty good for making lots of tokens but I don't think it's too good. I'd imagine it's a sorcery?
>>
>>54308414
It's a nice idea but I don't know how often the 21 cmc would actually come into effect
Maybe instead of the counters, you could have it say something like "whenever you are dealt damage by a source an opponent controls, draw a card" and have the flavor text "Hit me!"
>>
>>54307773
>>54307027
I approve

>>54306983
I greatly approve

>>54306888
I like the first two, though blind billy might be worded better. The third need to be more fleshed out but might have potential.

>>54306511
I love it, nothing to add except that I think it would be good in red.

>>54306200
I like, especially the flavor text idea

>>54304715
Good attempt at a playable Necropotence. I don't think It's playable as is though.

>>54301398
I fucking love this. The second rules text sentence doesn't need clarification because it doesn't mean anything, and I find that hilarious.

>>54301146
Kinda boring. Give it something funny or have it make sense. Why does the tank have reach? Why isn't it a vehicle?

>>54300556
Flavor text saves a not funny card. It goves me an idea though:
Knight of Chivalry
Last Strike
Flavor text: "Ladies first"

I'm back from my Chinese food and fulfilling my promise. Gonna post more ideas in a bit.
>>
>>54309425
Another idea:

Last Laugh
UUBB
Instant
When you cast Last Laugh, counter any number of target spells, activated abilities, and triggered abilities, copy any number of target spells and abilities, and gain control of any number of target spells.
You lose ten life.
>>
>>54309860
And another:

Reflect on Actions
UU
Instant
Return any number of target spells to their owners hands. Each player skies X, where X is the number of spells returned to his or her hand this way.
>>
Anyone else want to contribute?
>>
File: Desert Trip.png (273KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Desert Trip.png
273KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54309860
Can you copy abilities?

Either way it should be worded:

>Counter an number of target spells, activated abilities, and triggered abilities. Copy any number of target spells, activated abilities, or triggered abilities on the stack. You may choose new targets for the copies.

I'm not sure what the purpose of also gaining contron of a spell is.

>>54310560
>skies
Scrys?

>>54311100
Pretty good.
>>
>>54300556
Maro's actually been wanting to do Last Strike for quite some time. I'm honestly curious to see if he ever gets it done, especially so we can see Triple Strike (Double Strike plus Last Strike).
>>
>>54311377
You can control a spell and copy it
>>
>>54311100
This is cool, if I hadn't seen the spoilers I'd believe it was from HoD
>>
File: Courser of Shapes.png (204KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Courser of Shapes.png
204KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54311858
I like this idea, and good job with the layout btw.
>>
File: Gar Logan Beast Boy9.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gar Logan Beast Boy9.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
Decided to just focus on copying creatures already on the battlefield this turn. And yeah, no, I'm not really into Un-cards, sorry.

>>54304715
I'm with the other guy, this just seems too steep to be of any real use. Maybe if it were a passive thing that maybe drained you some life on upkeep to draw some cards.

>>54308414
Hmm, I think it might be better if it looked at the total CMC of permanents you control. I'm also having a hard time understanding what the last ability has to do with blackjack.

>>54311100
Should say
>instant and/or sorcery
But beyond that, I just don't really see the recursion here. I dunno, it just feels a bit off to me. I also feel like the land discard might make it too easy to trigger the condition here. Could just be me though.

>>54311858
Interesting. I might actually steal the counter idea for BB here. Also, I think the last ability would be better as
>~ becomes a copy of a creature card an opponent owns in exile.
or
>~ becomes a copy of an exiled creature card an opponent owns.
No clear precedence either way though, sorry.
>>
>>54312254
Maybe it should be target non-human creature? Just to add some flavor to it?
>>
>>54312254
This first ability is literally Changeling. Why not just use that?
>>
>>54312466
Maybe he's trying to avoid keyword bloat in his set.
>>
>>54312499
>set
>>54312466
The only non-evergreen keyword he's allowing himself to use is transform.
>>
File: Detective Chimp.jpg (61KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Detective Chimp.jpg
61KB, 375x523px
The counter ability doesn't really make sense from a flavor aspect, this was definitely more bottom-up than top-down. I think I might recycle the abilities for another card and just skip the middleman and use Investigate, but come up with something else for Detective Chimp. I still like the idea of Clue tokens though. Maybe he can let you tap Clues instead of sac them to draw? Is that broken at all?

Backstory: Chimp who's a detective. I forget his origin, but it's not that improtant anyway. He's actually pretty good at what he does, around the same level as Batman and Elongated Man. He hung out with Shadowpact for a while, which was cool.

>>54312398
I was thinking about that before. Sounds like a good idea to include now, non-Human shouldn't be too limiting.

>>54312466
Because I want to avoid non-evergreen keywords as much as possible. The furthest I've gone in that direction is DFC and Transform. And I don't count it when I use something functionally identical to a non-evergreen mechanic without actually using that mechanic. I realize this might make me sound anal or something, but it's just something I want to keep for these CO cards.
>>
File: custom card challenge.png (336KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
custom card challenge.png
336KB, 1600x1000px
Feel like I might as well post this. Here's hoping the thread is still alive by tomorrow. And yeah, it's the one I haven't used much recently. Felt like a change.
>>
Rolled 2, 9, 9, 1, 9 = 30 (5d10)

>>54312715
Never done this before, so I'm just gonna try everything but theme.

Color/Type/Mechanic/CMC/Rarity
>>
File: RL01 Bones of the Deep.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
RL01 Bones of the Deep.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>54312715
>>54312910
Lands can't have CMC so I skipped it.
>>
Does anyone have any experience with getting custom MTG cards printed so they look and feel real. It doesn't have to be perfect, I'd just be using them to have some fun with my friends. I've been looking around for some company that will make them, but a lot of places won't mess with MTG cards because of copyright.

So far, I think makeplayingcards.com might, but I'm not confident that they will. They seem like my best bet so far.

I also know that there are custom Chinese cards on alibaba, but I don't know how good those are, and the minimum order on the smallest size is around 1000 cards.
>>
File: Tachyon the Fastest Alive.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tachyon the Fastest Alive.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
Is it too pushed?
>>
>>54314479
Seems fine. She's pretty similar to a 2/1 with haste and menace for 3.
>>
>>54313842
Usually for lands, people use CMC and color to tell them what an activated ability should cost. Really unsure about the untap stuff and I'm pretty certain the token is too good, both with that P/T and evasion. Also, why doesn't it tap to make the token?
>>
>>54314415
I don't know anything about getting cards printed, but if it were me, I'd do something like change the back or something else really obvious so it's clear I'm not trying to counterfeit cards. Then just put them in sleeves so they wouldn't be obvious when playing.
>>
File: RL01 Bones of the Deep2.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
RL01 Bones of the Deep2.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>54316495
So many something more like this would be appropriate?
>>
>>54309425
>>54300556
Nice idea, really like it.
It also could be something like:
If your opponent player is female, this creature gains last strike
>>
>>54316580
More or less, yeah. Though the order for activated ability costs is always.
>[mana cost], T, [additional costs]
>>
>>54316711
Good to know. I'm just gonna try my hand at another one then, since it's pretty slow at work today.
>>
>>54316750
Roll away.
>>
Rolled 1, 5, 4, 6, 6 = 22 (5d6)

>>54316750
>>54312715
Rollin
>>
File: UW04 Grinning Sharpshooter.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
UW04 Grinning Sharpshooter.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>54317041
Wasn't sure how much I could get away with on a creature with flash that has burn.
>>
File: Barry Allen the Flash10.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Barry Allen the Flash10.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
Changed the ability a bit. The reason for the odd wording is that I wanted the tap/untap targets to scale with the number of speed counters on him. Unfortunately, the way targeting works means that it doesn't really count the speed counter that goes on it as it attacks. So this is why the first part of the ability is separate from the scaling bit, and why the counter goes on last.

>>54317206
Seems OK. Scaling with power like this reminds me a lot of one-sided Fight, but it's probably fine.
>>
File: 1499351397138165.png (198KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1499351397138165.png
198KB, 375x523px
Can someone give this guy a godilocks test
Too much, just right, too little
>>
File: Masochist happiness.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Masochist happiness.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
I fucking love Un- Cards!
>>
File: Clumsy Confidant.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Clumsy Confidant.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
It's a vertical cycle.
>>
File: Clumsy Tutor.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Clumsy Tutor.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Clumsy Ritual.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Clumsy Ritual.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54311380
we could also get one-two-punch or something (normal strike + last strike) as a less costly double strike alternative
>>
>>54318509
These are all pretty low-brow humor. "The card does nothing, but it references my animes! So funny!"
>>
>>54318434
>>54318461
>>54318509
I'm with >>54318590 In fact, none of these really even need a silver border. I think you could easily get the "clumsy" part across by incorporating some random chance downside. Like with Confidant and Tutor could use random discard. Not entirely sure on Ritual, maybe flip a coin and sac a land or something if you lose the flip?
>>
File: The Table.png (154KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Table.png
154KB, 375x523px
I've never been completely satisfied with the flip text.
>>
File: Jesse Chambers Liberty Belle.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jesse Chambers Liberty Belle.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>54314479
Don't even really see the use of U here. Also, no offense, but why do you use art from established characters? I mean, I could see using OC's or stuff from DeviantArt.

And I might as well post my take on Liberty Belle/Jesse Quick/Jesse Chambers. The relevant lore here is just that she's a speedster with super strength.
>>
File: Naor Stone of Promise.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Naor Stone of Promise.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
Does this wording work? I'm honestly not sure.
>>
>>54319226
Nice card.
The wording sounds strange, it sounds like somethings wrong, but I don't know what. But the {1} mana ability should be on the top or at the bottom but not in the middle of the text
>>
>>54319003
The wording is just horrible. It should be something like: If a player casts a spell with chosen name...
But dont like the idea really, its kinda boring for an Un-card.
>>
File: render(12).jpg (150KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
render(12).jpg
150KB, 744x1039px
Really like the cards that refer to the real world.
>>
>>54319226
The wording doesn't work. The absolute closest I can think of would be
>Whenever a player casts an instant or sorcery spell that targets a single creature with one of the chosen types, that player chooses a second target creature with the other chosen type. That player copies the spell. The copy targets the second creature.
Fuck me what a nightmare.
>>
File: Clumsy_cycle.jpg (244KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
Clumsy_cycle.jpg
244KB, 1125x523px
>>54318590
>>54318677

I agree that those cards were a little too lazy.

Here are the new versions. It's a shame that Clumsy Tutor became Gamble, tho.
>>
File: Gifts Unwanted.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gifts Unwanted.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
Just another one before I go.
>>
>>54319852
>>
File: render(11).jpg (163KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
render(11).jpg
163KB, 744x1039px
>>54319852
>he/she
opponent player, then you can write that player.
Also choose, not chooses.
The effect is okay, dont really like it though.

>>54319801
The cards were too boring before, but now the cards do not really fit into the idea of clumsy maids, magicians etc.

>>54320013
>from outside the game
>>
>>54319801
These are much better, though they would be better as red.
>>
>>54319226
Wording seems fine to me.
>>
>>54319801
Clumsy confidant is just a good creature.
>>
Rolled 10, 6, 1, 9, 1 = 27 (5d10)

>>54312715
>>
>>54320105
>opponent player, then you can write that player.
>Also choose, not chooses.
>The effect is okay, dont really like it though.
Fix'd. But why don't you like it?

>The cards were too boring before, but now the cards do not really fit into the idea of clumsy maids, magicians etc.
Yeah, but it's hard to make them clumsy without making them useless. Maybe I should make them about being "jinxed" or "unlucky"?

>>54322339
Yeah, I've noticed it too.

>>54324642
Ironically, the common is the best one. But at least it will not always do what you want. Maybe I should switch the rarities with the Ritual?
>>
File: Card Game Theatrics.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Card Game Theatrics.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Rapid Reflection.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rapid Reflection.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>54326674
I love it
>>
File: Nivix Head Cannoneer.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Nivix Head Cannoneer.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>54326715
>>
File: James Rhodes Warmachine2.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
James Rhodes Warmachine2.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
Repost. Still wondering if I can just drop the last ability. Or do something that progressively makes it better as it gets more Equipment, like gaining keywords.

>>54326769
Why is this Blue?

>>54326715
I was actually thinking of something like this recently. Seems fine.
>>
>>54326769
>Why is this Blue?
Because izzet
>Rhodey
I love the token equipment usage. Cool and unique.
>>
>>54327634
>>54327907
Whoops.
>>
File: Roy Harper Arsenal4.jpg (58KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Roy Harper Arsenal4.jpg
58KB, 375x523px
>>54327907
>Because izzet
Fair enough.

>I love the token equipment usage. Cool and unique.
Thanks. I've really been looking for cool ways to do Equipment matters in RW for a while now. Here's another example of what I mean.
>>
File: Caged Heart.png (212KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Caged Heart.png
212KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Ethereal Mass.png (221KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ethereal Mass.png
221KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Jason Woodrue Seeder8.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jason Woodrue Seeder8.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
I'm pretty sure this one is done, or at least very close. Though there was at least one guy who didn't know where the counters go, so maybe I should reword it to make it more clear somehow.

>>54328832
Cool design.

>>54328846
Eh, don't really like this much. I guess because it's a P/T modifier on top of a P/T modifier. Not entirely sure what to do with it though... OK, here's the first thing that came to mind
>2U: Draw a card, then discard a card. If the discarded card was a creature card, create a 1/1 blue Spirit creature token with flying.
>>
>>54328939
He does everything - ramp quickly, makes tokens, and pumps your board. Should only make 0/1 Plants and he should be 1/1 if not 0/1 to start.
>>
>>54328939
>2U: Draw a card, then discard a card. If the discarded card was a creature card, create a 1/1 blue Spirit creature token with flying.
Looks like you're taking replacing an interesting uncommon with a unique combination of abilities, and replacing it with card advantage and self synergy.
>>
File: Phantasmal Spellbeast.png (302KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Phantasmal Spellbeast.png
302KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Riddle of Ice.png (257KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Riddle of Ice.png
257KB, 375x523px
lands too maybe?
>>
>>54319801
Clumsy Tutor is just Gamble, but instant.
>>
>>54319226
Wording does not work.

If you want it to truly affect everything, you will need wording similar to Conspiracy or Painter's Servant.

>Each card of a chosen type that isn’t on the battlefield, spell of a chosen type, and permanent of a chosen type is both chosen types in addition to its other types.
>>
>>54314479
On the play, it kills your opponent's 2 drop, and every other 2 toughness creature until they can play something bigger. It also represents 4 hasty power for 3 that doesn't die at end of turn.

It is much more than 2/1 haste menace.
>>
File: Overturn the Fields.png (167KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Overturn the Fields.png
167KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Bane.png (227KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bane.png
227KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54319003
>>54326674
These are terrible un-cards because they have literally nothing going for them other than "lol I made a joke/reference".
>>
File: Power Overwhelming.png (255KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Power Overwhelming.png
255KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Forgotten Champion.png (248KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Forgotten Champion.png
248KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54331734
Fucking solid 10/10.
>>54331740
Pretty sure you don't need to capitalize the "zombie" in the ability, but it is 5 in the morning here so my brain no work good. Also why not make it a zombie warrior?
>>
>>54331765
>Pretty sure you don't need to capitalize the "zombie" in the ability
You always capitalize creature types.
>>
>>54331833
>>54331765
and all subtypes in general, like Aura and Equipment.
>>
>>54329222
Sounds good, thanks.

>>54329259
I can't tell if you think the idea is good or bad.
>>
>>54329511
I like it, but I still cant decide if the costs are too low. Maybe 3U?

>>54329524
I would make it a 2U. Don't add lands to the effect, would be pretty op, I think.

>>54330794
Is that an Un-card? I dont like it, its just boring, it does nothing usefull. Uncards arent just cards with a pun in the flavour text. There are very strong uncards in unhinged/unglued, not only funmy cards
>haha, you have to wear a hat, while playing. Also, silver border.

>>54330801
>pretend to sacrifice creature
Creative and hilarious.
This card is at least useful.

>>54331144
This.
>>
>>54329524
>untap, upkeep, draw
>Untap, Upkeep
Very niche.

Caller of the Games RW
Creature- Cat Shaman
At the beginning of each combat phase, untap each creature you control.
2/1

Bounteous Behemoth 2BG
Creature- Behemoth
Trample
Whenever ~ deals damage to a player, that player creates that many colorless artifact Gold tokens with "Sacrifice Gold: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
7/5

Void Mirror 1
Artifact- Equipment
2: Exile equipped creature and target creature blocking or blocked by equipped creature.
4: Exile target creature blocking or blocked by equipped creature.
Equip 2

Pyresight Shaman R
Creature- Goblin Shaman
Whenever ~ attacks, exile the top card of your library.
Whenever ~ dies, you may play a card exiled with it until the beginning of your next end step.
1/1

Phantasmal Realm
Land
T: Add one mana of any color not shared by a permanent you control to your mana pool.
>>
File: render(13).jpg (127KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
render(13).jpg
127KB, 744x1039px
>>54300556
>>54309425
>>
>>54332384
This is incredibly overpowered.
>>
>>54332252
>Very niche.
Not him, but considering the name of it is Riddle of Ice, it seems like it's made to combo with tapdown effects.
>>
>>54329524
It's plenty good with just nonlands.
>>
>>54331833
>>54331848
Yeah you're right; like I said I'm tired.
>>
File: Lightning Revanant.png (273KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning Revanant.png
273KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Rage.png (284KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rage.png
284KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54332509
I think just giving a token to one opponent is fine. Also, the stats here don't strike me as worth the downside. Maybe 5/3 with Haste and Trample? Or too much?
>>
File: Scary.gif (337KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Scary.gif
337KB, 750x1046px
>>54300556
>>
File: Librarian'sDisdain.png (980KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Librarian'sDisdain.png
980KB, 750x1046px
>>
>>54332394
Why? Last strike not first strike.
>until end of turn
Just noticed that this does not work. Should say until opponents next end phase
>>
>>54332562
That does not work. If you copy it, you copy the ability, right? So whenever a copy dies, another two come in play.
>>
>>54332384
>>54333644
Make it only +3/+0, because 4 is a bit too much and otherwise the huge increase in toughness pretty much completely offsets the whole "Last Strike" thing anyway.

The "Up to one" condition on the second ability means you never have to actually buff an opponent's creature, unless you're going for some weird political nonsense.
>>
>>54333668
If an opponent creates a copy of it, it'll only create another copy when that copy dies.
>>
>>54332252
>Caller of the Games
Holy shit. That means you can use any tap ability twice. Think its too powerful for its cost.

>Bounteous Behemoth
I dont really know. For my decks, this would be pretty nice if the opponent gives me mana. This is really bad against multicolor.

>Pyresight Shaman
I dont get it. Why should I play him? I could just wait a turn. I exile plenty of cards to play one? Do something like
>without paying its mana cost

>phantasmal realm
Could be good in my prowess deck
(Dont got any green creatures but larger than life)
>>
>>54333738
>up to one
Oh didnt consider that. Thanks
>>54333755
Oh right, but does the copy of the copy creste another copy? So does this card stay on the battlefield until it gets exiled or something
>>
>>54333811
>Oh right, but does the copy of the copy creste another copy?

It will when it dies. So if you're playing 1v1, you and your opponent will keep ping-ponging copies back at each other whenever one dies.
>>
>>54333913
Am I the only one thinking, that this is shit? If you play 2v2, they are pingponging this to hell. Should have a restriction or something
>>
File: 121[1].jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
121[1].jpg
52KB, 312x445px
>>54333942
Admittedly, the concept of an undercosted creature you have to give to an opponent when it dies has already been somewhat explored before.
>>
>>54333811
>>54333913
>>54333942
Just make a token.
>When ~ dies, target opponent creates a 4/3 red Spirit creature token with haste.

Also, pic related.
>>
File: Retroactive Continuity8.jpg (62KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Retroactive Continuity8.jpg
62KB, 375x523px
Repost. Still trying to get this just right, since without a good sideboard/collection, it's just a field flicker.
>>
File: Ora Ondar Hermit.png (280KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ora Ondar Hermit.png
280KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Territorial Defense.png (279KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Territorial Defense.png
279KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54336453
These are much better than the haunted cards that were posted in one of the last threads. But this contributes to the tempo and aggro meta, and I like combo and midrange nuch more.
Also, thr names could be a bit more diverse and creative.
>>54336543
This is weird. Dont like it.
>>54336759
Very nice card, though the aetwork does not really fit the card and the p/t. Maybe add trample to the lands, because it has a very high cost anyway.
>>
File: Azraels Universal Clock.jpg (161KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
Azraels Universal Clock.jpg
161KB, 750x523px
>>
File: Bismuth and stuff.jpg (426KB, 2250x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bismuth and stuff.jpg
426KB, 2250x523px
>>
>>54332160
>Is that an Un-card? I dont like it, its just boring, it does nothing usefull. Uncards arent just cards with a pun in the flavour text. There are very strong uncards in unhinged/unglued, not only funmy cards
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text=+%5Btop%5D+%5Bof%5D+%5Byour%5D+%5Bgraveyard%5D+!%5Blibrary%5D

Legit mechanic
>>
>>54330794
>>54332160
>>54340122
>>
>>54340122
>>54340344
It's useless in half the formats though. You can legally reorder your graveyard however you'd like in any format where "graveyard order matters" cards aren't being played.
>>
File: Martial Artist.png (284KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Martial Artist.png
284KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Seed Blast.png (286KB, 375x523px)
Seed Blast.png
286KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54341471
I think I'd prefer it more if it were 2/4, dropped Double Strike, and just scaled. Then it combos with pumps.

>>54341484
>[...] Then each player who searched his or her library this way shuffles it.
Wording taken from Wave of Vitriol. Also, might want to put the lands onto the battlefield tapped. Otherwise, neat idea, I like it.
>>
File: Lost in the Bleed.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lost in the Bleed.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
Eh, not sure on this. But I wanted to do something with the art and concept.

Lore: The Bleed is a concept that exists in DC comics that refers to the dimension between universes. So getting lost there would cut you off from every known universe until you somehow got out. Exile seems like an appropriate approximation.
>>
>>54338910
>Knight of Bismuth
Kinda hard to judge, but seems OK.

>Gift of Metal
Seems cool. Though I think I'd just make it an artifact in addition regardless, like how Black makes things into Zombies sometimes after reviving them. Hmm, maybe make the creature colorless too?

>Secrets of the Roil
Seems too good. Maybe attach a mana cost to the triggers?

>Dearly Departed
Eh... part of me thinks it's kinda weak, but I can't pinpoint it exactly. I guess it's that in order for it to be really good, a bunch of creatures need to die, plus there's the additional downside of losing life.

>Simian Ascetic
Eh, I feel like this is going to make combat with this thing a bit annoying. I also feel like the stats are too good for that cost. Maybe increase to 2RR?

>Rootborn Colossus
>[...] counter on it has base power and toughness 4/4 until end of turn.
Seems interesting.
>>
File: UST_logo.png (48KB, 350x118px) Image search: [Google]
UST_logo.png
48KB, 350x118px
>This is the third of the silver bordered Un-sets and is designed to be drafted.

Will it "be designed to be drafted" like Innistrad/Ravnica, or like Conspiracy?
>>
>>54344286
Like Battle for Zendikar.
>>
>>54344322
Okay, so can be drafted but not ONLY playable durning a draft. Should be fun. Cards will be so cheap might build a cube with people's scraps as they look for lands.
>>
>>54344493
If you're building a cube, even the draft-only conspiracy cards are playable.
>>
>>54344603
I have some friends who aren't as good at draft, so sealed works better. Will be excited either way.
>>
File: Bear Whisperer.png (264KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bear Whisperer.png
264KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54333145
You can't be doing this kind of shit, anon. I nearly dropped my phone.
>>
Odd wording question: Is A or B more correct?

Dreamwalker A 1U
Creature- Illusion
~ can only be blocked by tapped creatures.
2/1

Dreamwalker B 1U
Creature- Illusion
~ can be blocked by tapped creatures.
~ can't be blocked by untapped creatures.
2/1
>>
>>54345801
~ can't be blocked except by tapped creatures.
Tapped creatures can block ~ as though they were untapped.
>>
>>54345856
>~ can't be blocked except by tapped creatures.
This doesn't imply that it can be blocked by tapped creatures? Balls.
>>
>>54346112
No, there's no mechanical way to "imply" rules text.
>>
File: Unchecked Agriculture.png (259KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Unchecked Agriculture.png
259KB, 375x523px
>>
File: World Without Logos.png (278KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
World Without Logos.png
278KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54346542
Feels a bit more GR.
Also, it could probably cantrip.
>>
File: dearly departed.png (107KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
dearly departed.png
107KB, 223x311px
>>54338910
Surprised no one pointed out Dearly Departed is already a card
>>
File: Patrick Star.png (211KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Patrick Star.png
211KB, 375x523px
>>54340745
Sure, but commander is one of the best formats
>>
>>54346928
He says, posting a nonlegendary card of a named character.
>>
File: Ravens Guise.png (254KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ravens Guise.png
254KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Spell Stutter.png (218KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spell Stutter.png
218KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Battle Stance.png (191KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Stance.png
191KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54309860

How about instead of losing 10 life, another target player would put Last Laugh into his hand? So that Last Laugh would keep circulating.
>>
>>54347781
A, because UUBB is likely to be unpayable for many decks so that'd stall it right there.
B, because that's nowhere near as much of a drawback as -10 life.
C, because a card should never ever ever go to a hidden zone that belongs to anybody but its owner.
>>
>>54312715
Lets roll for some uncards!
>>
Rolled 1, 7, 1, 7 = 16 (4d10)

>>54347947
and I'm an idiot.
>>
File: Blessing of Swords.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Blessing of Swords.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>54347950
Alright, ended up rolling an uncommon 1 drop white enchantment, and I thought I might make a fun reference to some old cards. Does anyone have any suggestions for other classical cards that fit the same kind of bracket as Swords to Plowshares to make this a cycle?
>>
>>54347888

...I thought this was an Un card and therefore, it circling around players was acceptable. I didn't think it was supposed to be serious, especially with effect and name like that. In that case, I apologize.
>>
>>54348176
>cheap repeatable removal

>Does anyone have any suggestions for other classical cards that fit the same kind of bracket as Swords to Plowshares to make this a cycle?
Counterspell, Lightning Bolt, Demonic Tutor and Craw Wurm.
>>
>>54348245
Question then. Should the Craw Wurm enchantment become a Wurm, or create Wurm tokens?
>>
File: Blessing cycle.jpg (344KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
Blessing cycle.jpg
344KB, 1875x523px
>>54348176
>>54348245
>>54348688
Eh, never mind. Here's a first try at the full cycle.
>>
>>54337273
>These are much better than the haunted cards that were posted in one of the last threads. But this contributes to the tempo and aggro meta, and I like combo and midrange nuch more.
>Also, thr names could be a bit more diverse and creative.
They are real cards, in case you didn't know.
>>
>>54343327
Sorry, but I hate these fucking comic cards. The card could be nice, but the moment I see a superhero art, I skip the card.
>>
>>54348865
Oh boy. Didnt see, kek.
Wizards could have been more creative with the names, though.
>>
>>54348983
Why? I mean, if I didn't use comic art or names, you'd judge it like any other custom card?
>>
>>54311377
>Can you copy abilities?
>>
>>54349084
When it comes to cycles, they seem to prefer using common naming, which does lead to pretty lackluster names.
>>
File: Flashs Costume Ring4.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Flashs Costume Ring4.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
Decided to pump this up a bit more. No more tapping or saccing, but you do have to untap the Ring if you want to tutor for an aura or equipment.

Lore: Barry Allen, the Flash, made a small ring that could hold his entire costume inside. Costumes don't really exist in Magic, so this just fetches Auras and Equipment that could be put onto the equipped creature.
>>
>>54349320
Yes. Using other franchises is just gay. I hate comics, so I hate these cards if they have any reference to superheroes.
>>
>>54350675
>Using other franchises is just gay.
And you say this in a thread devoted to imaginary Magic cards that will never get printed?
>>
>>54347218
I think this card, but I'm not sure how usable it would be. You're giving up a lot of card advantage to have a chance at going even with an opponent.

Maybe change it to
>At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice ~ unless you discard a card or pay 3 life.

Or something similar. If you're going to leave it the same, you could probably get away with lowering the mana cost to B.

>>54347224
This seems really situational to be at common, as there will have to be two spells on the stack for it to do anything.

>>54347232
I like this one a lot. Maybe add a "prevent all damage that would be dealt to that planeswalker this turn" or something in there somewhere, as even with indestructible, the planeswalker can still lose loyalty counters from damage.

>>54348820
Don't see tapping enchantments often.

These all seem pretty pushed, but I'm guessing that's the intention?
>>
>>54347218
Huh, I just realized that there are barely any auras that give the Specter ability. Wonder why. Anyway, card seems OK, but the upkeep cost seems kinda steep. Maybe just discard when it ETB?

>>54347224
I feel like it should just use the "Choose one or both" wording.

>>54347232
Pretty cool. This is something I think I could get behind. Hmm, just wish there were obvious things the others could do. Well, maybe you could make a R one that had a planeswalker ping something equal to the number of loyalty counters on it? Anyway, I think this should also prevent damage that would be dealt to it for the turn, as Gideon does. Oh! And it should definitely continue being a planeswalker. Otherwise you could run into the incredibly awkward situation of the planeswalker getting attacked and then it turns into a creature. What happens then? Wait, but Sarkhan's mR card doesn't stay a planeswalker. So what happens when you use that ability plus the Teferi emblem for instant speed? I'll have to look that up.
>>
Rolled 4, 5, 1, 4, 5 = 19 (5d10)

Bump.

>>54312715
Also, rolling. Everything but theme.
>>
File: 4 5 1 4 5 Ovalchase Mechanic.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
4 5 1 4 5 Ovalchase Mechanic.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>54353624
>Red, creature, card advantage, CMC 3, uncommon
Decided to do Goblin Matron, but swap out Goblin for Vehicle. Any color can tutor for stuff they normally care about, right?
>>
>>54350345
Seems good, but it might be a little overcosted to cast? It's hard to tell. I feel like this is easily balanced around the equip cost and the attack requirement.
>>
File: Garfield Lynns Firefly8.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Garfield Lynns Firefly8.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
Repost. Last time I posted this, someone commented that it seemed odd to him that Black can give Flying. What do you guys think? Should I rework the abilities and/or colors? Or is it fine?

Lore: Should be fairly obvious. Pyromaniac has a jetpack and a flamethrower, and he loves to watch the world burn.

>>54354274
Yeah, the main problem with it for now has been costing. I'll keep looking for repeatable aura/equipment tutors. But thanks.
>>
>>54351013
>as there will have to be two spells on the stack for it to do anything.
that wording lets you target the same spell twice.
>>
>>54354849
It's fine in those colors. Black can give itself flying. You could always make it more black by changing the cost to a sac or discard.
>>
File: Superstitious Farmhand.png (512KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Superstitious Farmhand.png
512KB, 752x523px
>>
File: Whenwolf.png (264KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Whenwolf.png
264KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Mammon Machine.png (304KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mammon Machine.png
304KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54353767
>Any color can tutor for stuff they normally care about, right?
I guess so, but I don't really care for that assertion. You can justify anything with "stuff they care about".
>>
File: Renee the Question4.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Renee the Question4.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
Basic idea is that you can choose to get an extra card, or you can chuck the card for extra damage. Still refining this though.

Wait, what about a twist on Firemind? Similar triggered ability, but it triggers per draw instance instead of per card drawn. I might look into that.

>>54359371
I think that's a bit overly conservative. I can understand your fears, but I think there's a difference between, say, Red tutoring for Dragons, and Red tutoring for Auras. It makes sense for Red to tutor for the iconic creature type of Red, despite Red not being able to get the universal creature tutors that Green has access to, but it doesn't make sense at all for Red to care about Auras.
>>
>>54357133
I dunno, I feel like if it only relies on itself with not setup it's just not that great. Could just be me though.

>>54357154
I have no idea what to do with this.

>>54357248
Not really a fan of how the last ability is useless outside Planechase. And you're missing a type for the second ability.
>>
File: Pangean Globe.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pangean Globe.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Question: Is this OP? Answer is probably yes, but I wonder how to do this effect without it being gamebreaking.
>>
File: Curse of Wojack.png (236KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Curse of Wojack.png
236KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54357154
combat damage or this is broken as fuck
>>
>>54360554
I can't even begin to tell what this is for.
>>
>>54360554
>>54360710
I'm assuming something to do with this.
>>
File: draco.jpg (27KB, 234x321px) Image search: [Google]
draco.jpg
27KB, 234x321px
>>54360710
maybe this or cards like it, or cards that target certain types of lands . Any fetch land would fetch any other land. Problem is, at 6 mana, that is kinda worthless. Unless there's some OP condition with that ability, I'd drop the cost to (3)
>>
File: Mammon Machine.png (305KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mammon Machine.png
305KB, 375x523px
>>54360554
Prismatic Omen + Painter's Servant
You don't need the last clause.

>>54360101
>And you're missing a type for the second ability.
I'm a retard and forgot to re-export.
>>
>>54360735
>>54360739
I think he intended for it to affect lands in the graveyard, library, hand, etc.
But you don't control those, so it wiffs.
>>
File: Sudden Misgiving.png (282KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sudden Misgiving.png
282KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Greed of Quoz.png (290KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Greed of Quoz.png
290KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54360806
well that's not what it says, so I doubt so, especially considering the anti win/lose clause specifically targets on the battlefield
>>
Rolled 3, 3, 10, 1, 7 = 24 (5d10)

>>54312715
color, type, mechanic, cmc, rarity
>>
>>54360959
Blood Sacrifice
B
Sorcery
Uncommon
Discard a card, Sacrifice a creature
Gain B equal to the lesser CMC of the two.
"What price are you willing to pay?"
>>
>>54361021
The sacrifice limits it the most.
>>
>>54361853
How exactly do you intend to have a CMC 15 creature out on turn 2 that wouldn't already mean you had a CMC 15 creature out on turn two?
>>
File: Planeswalkers.jpg (656KB, 1500x523px) Image search: [Google]
Planeswalkers.jpg
656KB, 1500x523px
These are the first four planeswalkers I've ever made. Each of them are from a campaign I ran, with some friends. Definitely need some feedback on these guys since I made them with heavy top-down, and they seem really different than most other planeswalkers.

>>54360812
This seems really strong for its cost, but at the same time not too powerful, I like it.

>>54360818
Haven't seen anything with ante in a long time. I'm not sure on how strong this card is, but since it's an un-card I guess it doesn't matter too much.

>>54361021
Seems like a cool card. You could run it with Scornful Egotist to really break something, I'm sure.

>>54361853
>I play Emrakul on turn 2 for B
The card clearly doesn't work how you think it works. Read it again.
>>
>>54361901
How do you accomplish the pop-out art? I've never been able to figure out how MSE's system works.
>>
>>54362081
I used Photoshop and put the art on there manually. Since they were my friend's characters, I wanted to go the extra mile I guess. I don't think there's a way MSE can accomplish that on its own.
>>
File: Hamza Aeon Searcher3.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hamza Aeon Searcher3.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>54361901
I'm just going to go through the concepts and mechanics here rather than the wording.

>Ravask
Yeah, this is pretty much exactly why I think 2 CMC walkers can't be a thing. This thing is just so weak it hurts. Though I have to admit, the emblem idea could be kinda interesting. Everything else on this I think should be scrapped.

>Videntix
Another incredibly weak planeswalker. This card does literally nothing by itself. If it doesn't already have cards in play to work with, it can't do anything.

>Anaekar
First part of the first ability seems fine, but gaining Vigilance and Reach seems really off. Also, is this supposed to be permanent or until end of turn? Second ability seems weak, Wildspeaker could untap two lands of any type as his +1 and he costs 2GG. Last ability seems like it could be OK, but I think the card then should be BG and focus a lot more on creatures. Maybe some token creation too.

>Vicidius
Really not feeling... anything positive about any of this. Sorry. But I especially hate that ult. Just seeing it cost 0 but have a 20 loyalty requirement made me completely flip out. Why not just make it -20?

Of all of these, the one I like most is easily Anaekar, this is closest to being a legit planeswalker. And I'm sorry to say this, but that's just mostly because it's not a gimmickwalker. As you might be able to tell, I'm not really a fan of these alternative loyalty counter abilities.

Give us some background lore so we can help you with these things. We don't need the entire life story of each of these guys, just a brief summary about things pertaining to what powers they have and what they want to do with them.

Might as well post my planeswalker too though. Main change is to the middle ability. It's now more flexible, but no longer allows you to effectively cast the card with generic mana, so I decreased the loyalty cost by 1.
>>
>>54362116
>>Ravask
>This thing is just so weak it hurts.
Could you be clearer on why he's weak? I thought he was actually on the strong side, since you could drop him on turn two and sac something with a big ass and get a lot of tokens on him quickly to use his other two abilities freely.

>>Videntix
Yeah, I figured this guy was underpowered, but I had a lot of trouble making him similar to the character.

>>Anaekar
>First part of the first ability seems fine, but gaining Vigilance and Reach seems really off. Also, is this supposed to be permanent or until end of turn?
The flavor is that she empowers you, but slowly turns you more spider like, hence the creature gaining "spider" abilities like reach. Vigilance is on there because you'll want to attack with the creature due to the counters on it, but still want it around to protect her afterwards. The vigilance/reach is supposed to be permanent.

> Wildspeaker could untap two lands of any type as his +1 and he costs 2GG.
I'll have to look into the other green planeswalkers again, thanks.

>Last ability seems like it could be OK, but I think the card then should be BG and focus a lot more on creatures. Maybe some token creation too.
Why Black? Green can tutor creatures on its own. Having her more focused on tokens is a good idea though.

>>Vicidius
>I especially hate that ult. Just seeing it cost 0 but have a 20 loyalty requirement made me completely flip out. Why not just make it -20?
It's just supposed to be a flavor thing. He's a knight that's loyal to a fault, so nothing outside of lethal damage will force him to leave your side. I wanted to make his ult unique in that he doesn't leave after it goes off. Once you get to 20 you can keep using it.

I'll give some lore background in my next post since I've capped this one.

I'm not sure I can comment on your planeswalker since I'm obvious not the greatest at making them, but his -2 seems too strong. He can exile another player's lands and let you play them.
>>
>>54361901
Why are the ults on the first three terrible? even tibalt had an ult that won the game if you managed to get it off
>>
>>54362594
There's no ult on Ravask. What you have as an ult would be better suited as a normal ass minus ability since the emblem doesn't hurt at all and is the only emblem in the game that can be turned off to my knowledge
>>
>>54362594
>Could you be clearer on why he's weak? I thought he was actually on the strong side, since you could drop him on turn two and sac something with a big ass and get a lot of tokens on him quickly to use his other two abilities freely.
If you do so, you are at basically no board presence and down two cards. Your opponent can then just roll over your face or his face. And if he doesn't live long enough to -2 twice, you got card disadvantage.
>>
>>54362594
>Ravask
He only really works IF you have a creature with reasonable toughness to sac, and IF you can afford to lose that defense to put counters on the card, which then can't use any of his abilities during that turn. And even if he did use any of his abilities, none of them make up for taking away some of your defense. And even if you did use a bunch of small tokens, you can only sac once each turn. Even if they're bears, you're going to be saccing guys about as often as using his other abilities, and that's a best-case scenario.

>Anaekar
>The vigilance/reach is supposed to be permanent.
Ugh, I was afraid of that. It just screams memory issues. Well, if the point was to make you more spider-like, maybe change the ult to an emblem that does stuff to carry across that flavor? Like, creatures you control are Spiders and get Reach maybe.
>Why Black?
I suggested that because it's basically the Spider colors now, BG, but you can keep it mG if you wish.

>Vicidius
>He's a knight that's loyal to a fault, so nothing outside of lethal damage will force him to leave your side.
In that case, I'd rather the card focus on damage prevention.
>I wanted to make his ult unique in that he doesn't leave after it goes off.
What do you mean "he doesn't leave"? Just give him one more loyalty counter and he'll stay behind.
>Once you get to 20 you can keep using it.
And that doesn't strike you as being oppressive?

>I'm not sure I can comment on your planeswalker since I'm obvious not the greatest at making them, but his -2 seems too strong. He can exile another player's lands and let you play them.
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a good idea then to turn the ability back to costing -3.

>>54362651
>the only emblem in the game that can be turned off to my knowledge
The Amonkhet Gideon has an emblem like his. It's basically a Platinum Angel as long as you control a Gideon.
>>
>>54362116
+1 and -2 are fine, though they are just value abilities. The deck that wants Hamza doesn't want that ult.
>>
>>54362752
Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty shit when it comes to archetypes unfortunately. What deck would you say wants the card, or at least the first two abilities, as it is now?
>>
File: Temporal Refraction.png (309KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Temporal Refraction.png
309KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54362785
You really need to play more magic, even if it's just the Duels games.

Control wants card advantage and discard. Midrange also, but it's not in the typical midrange colors.
>>
>>54362116
>>54362594
>Give us some background lore so we can help you with these things. We don't need the entire life story of each of these guys, just a brief summary about things pertaining to what powers they have and what they want to do with them.

Ravask's occupation is someone who goes out an ensures that various people hold up their ends of the pacts they make with demons, which are prevalent across the plane. He also stores these hearts for those demons until they're needed.

His card is a bit of a gimmick, as you sac a creature to give him its heart, giving him loyalty. His -2 is Lay Bare the Heart, and his -3 is Curse of the Pierced Heart, which were spells he used frequently.

Videntix manipulates fate and feeds off of spells that are cast around him. He's an old walker that kept his bizarro energy form after the mending.

Anaekar uses magic that gives strength, but slowly gives you spider-like quality. She was also a Marchioness in the setting, meaning that she "owned" a ton of land, all of which was completely overrun with spiders and spider-hybrids, hence her spider tutor. She could be green/black based on her personality, but she really didn't use any black magic.

Vicidius, is cursed to unquestioningly serve whoever uses his hunting horn, which would wake him from death. He was basically the primary antagonist, as the villain, who was much weaker than the PCs, used the horn to repeatedly resurrect him.

Each time Vicidus fulfills a task for his master his curse makes him a stronger servant, until he reached a point where he could effortlessly banish the opposition. Killing him was the only way to temporarily get rid of him. He was intended to be a Gabranth/Pyramid Head/Nemesis type of antagonist. Showing up several times over the campaign.

>>54362664
>>54362717
This is good feedback thanks.

>And that doesn't strike you as being oppressive?
Originally it was "-20:You win the game" So I'm not really sure if the new ability is much different.
>>
File: Monitor Lizard.png (266KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Monitor Lizard.png
266KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Windriddle Summoner.png (228KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Windriddle Summoner.png
228KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54362915
That second ability is RG
Red's the only color that discards before drawing. Mainly cause they hate red
>>
>>54362866
>You really need to play more magic, even if it's just the Duels games.
I know, but the Duels games are boring and I'm shit at fighting humans.

>Control wants card advantage and discard. Midrange also, but it's not in the typical midrange colors.
Well, I was thinking control. I'm guessing the ult should be less expensive and more... incremental(?) in helping you maintain control.

>>54362930
Whenever a player searches for an object with a characteristic, the player doesn't have to find that object. You'd have to do something like
>Reveal your library. Target opponent chooses a creature card revealed this way. Put that card into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Or something.
>>
>>54363014
>I know, but the Duels games are boring and I'm shit at fighting humans.
You should do it anyways, it will give you perspective and make you a better designer.
>>
File: Earth Drain.png (258KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Earth Drain.png
258KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Factory Walker.png (292KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Factory Walker.png
292KB, 375x523px
>>
>>54319226
It would be simpler to just add the creature types to the creatures of the other type, and vice versa.
>>
>>54361901
>>54362879
I liked Ravask's 0 ability, so here's my take on his abilities.
+1: Target player loses 3 life. That player may draw a card. If they do, they discard a card.
-3: Target player sacrifices a creature. Put a number of loyalty counters on ~ equal to that creature's toughness.
-4: Target player gains an emblem with "Whenever you cast a spell, lose half of your life, rounded down."

So, his +1 is the opponent making a pact, his -3 is him collecting hearts, and his -4 (maybe it should be a -5 or -6?) is a curse.
Any feedback welcome, obviously. It's certainly not perfect.
>>
>>54362879
>Ravask
I see where you're going with it, I just don't think the sac ability is a good idea at all. Maybe change the heart-taking to a different ability and do something besides loyalty counters. Gaining life, drawing cards, getting +1/+1 counters, that sorta stuff.

>Videntix
Well, I can see why you're having trouble with him. Obvious answer is to focus on spellcasting, like giving stuff Flash, putting an emphasis on noncreature spells or instant and sorcery spells, making spells cost less, copying spells you cast, etc.

>Anaekar
Again, I think this one is pretty close to a good walker.

>Vicidius
This sounds like a terrible backstory for a planeswalker. He could be in Ravnica or Alara, but if someone blows his horn he has to warp back to whatever plane it's on? Is that it?
>>
File: Sanctum of Nature rough.png (359KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sanctum of Nature rough.png
359KB, 375x523px
I might have pulled off this effect finally but I'm sure the wording is wrong, can I get the correct text?

It's meant to be a sort of all around Green protection against instants an activated ability, so your creatures aren't getting pathed, murdered or countered on your turn (though still leaving everything open to green spells). It used to be an instant but was really clunky, making it an enchantment made is much simpler. Maybe its to cheap for that much protection?
>>
>>54367002
Also, it still falls to colorless.
>>
>>54367026
Yeah it does doesn't it. No pesky blue mages but that disk is still ready to go. Would making it so artifacts can't be activated be going to far to make it G/W or could it stay mono green?

>During your turn, your opponents can't activate abilities of permanents they control

Is that better or much worse? I don't want any kind of Time Walk effect for Green, just the peace of mind protection to play spells (most of the time) like Gaea's Herald offers.
>>
File: Todd Rice Obsidian.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Todd Rice Obsidian.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Repost. Guy controls darkness/shadows, uses that to make clones of stuff. Obvious combo with the Shade pump.

>>54367132
>During your turn, your opponents can't cast spells or activate abilities that aren't mana abilities.
Though I'm not sure if this can even be Green, I feel like it should be GW or mW.

My only other idea would be giving all your creatures Indestructible and/or Hexproof, but Avacyn covers the former and Asceticism covers the latter.
>>
File: Planeswalkers_2.jpg (526KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
Planeswalkers_2.jpg
526KB, 1125x523px
>>54362594
>>54362664
>>54362717
I've updated three of the planeswalkers to try and make them more playable with all the feedback you guys gave. I haven't really had any ideas for the fourth.

>>54366622
>This sounds like a terrible backstory for a planeswalker. He could be in Ravnica or Alara, but if someone blows his horn he has to warp back to whatever plane it's on? Is that it?
It's a pact that high ranking knights in the setting agree to, because it guarantees that their families will be safe from harm and well provided for by the demonic Princes that rule the plane.

The servitude lasts until one of the Princes breaks the horn. Vicidius sparked long after he already made the pact and became cursed, and because he's a planeswalker, no Prince has ever wanted to end his service. He's very old and battle-weary, with his family having died long ago, so despite his tenacity and power, he really only wants to rest in solitude as he has no ambition or sense of purpose anymore.

>>54367002
>Whenver an opponent taps a permanent for mana during your turn, that permanent adds that much green mana to their mana pool instead.
I think that's it. I used Eyes of the Wisent's wording as a base if you're curious.

>>54367132
>>54367306
Green can't prevent players from casting spells, but it can punish spell casts. Again, see Eyes of the Wisent.
>>
File: Hamza Aeon Searcher8.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hamza Aeon Searcher8.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
New ult.

>>54367847
>Green can't prevent players from casting spells, but it can punish spell casts. Again, see Eyes of the Wisent.
Uh, yeah, that's why I said it should be Green-White or mono-White.

>Planeswalkers
I still don't think CMC 2 walkers are a good idea. They often tend to be too weak to be of any actual use.

>Ravask
>+2
This is precisely the kinda stuff I'm talking about. Elspeth, Knight-Errant has a +1 to make a 1/1, and she costs 2WW. And the two cards that have a +2 to make a 1/1 cost 5 CMC. Granted, there's an additional upside there, but still. I think you can get away with making a token for +1 only if the card is at least 1BR.
>-3
I'm glad to see this brought back. I dunno, I guess I just kinda like the idea here. And stacking the emblems makes sense. Not entirely sure of the cost here though.I say just keep it where it's at for now. But I think the wording should be changed to
>At the beginning of your upkeep, if an opponent controls a Ravask planeswalker, you lose 1 life.
>-7
Eh, I'm not too keen on a planeswalker handing out two different emblems. Not entirely sure what to replace it with though.

>Videntix
>+2
I'd recommend changing it to
>Until your next turn, you may cast a card from your hand as though it had flash.
Not really feeling it though. Again, I just feel like 2 CMC walkers never really work.
>-5
Where are you casting it from?
>-10
Just tutor three cards. Otherwise anyone you play with will want to strangle you. "Hold on, give me ten minutes to decide the order of my deck."

>Anaekar
>+1
Too good. You can use it as a +1 to make a 2/2 with Reach, but it's even better than that, really. I I think it should just make the Spider. Oh, and probably make it 1/2 as well. That seems to be more or less the standard.
>0
Huh? This is Red, but why is she taking over a land anyway?
>-4
Huh? This is Blue or Red.
>-7
Huh? Why does she care about lands now?

Anyway, don't get discouraged, designing planeswalkers is very difficult.
>>
File: Filx Progenitor of Dark.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Filx Progenitor of Dark.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Stayin' alive, /ccg/?
>>
File: Hemalys Lord of Blood.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hemalys Lord of Blood.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>
Do you guys think Wizards would ever use landfall in an expert non-Zendikar set? I have a setting for a set Im brainstorming thats top down and landfall is a perfect flavor hit for one aspect of it (if we assume landfall = going to a new place flavorfully even if the name doesnt quite convey that). But to me Landfall feels too tied to Zendikar. It wouldnt be the main mechanic in my set I dont think, but I dont know how Wizards treats these kinds of things. Im not so sure because they made Explore for Ixalan to flavorfully represent a similar thing and I know its close in proximity to BFZ relatively speaking but them not just using Landfall makes me think they didnt really want to use it because of its relation to Zendikar.
>>
>>54369833
I feel like all this really needs is UB. W fits too, but I don't see how G does at all.

>>54370292
Well, this snowballs out of control very quickly. Don't think I'm a fan. Maybe if it were something like
>Whenever a creature deals combat damage, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
Which is still kinda crazy.
>>
>>54370612
Green via the progenitor mimic effect. Also deathtouch. It's 4-color so I'm reaching a bit, but I don't think too much.
>>
>>54370292
Decidedly not red
Thread posts: 266
Thread images: 101

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.