[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Night Shift (and Small Towns?)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: Night Shift.jpg (125KB, 1600x864px) Image search: [Google]
Night Shift.jpg
125KB, 1600x864px
Welcome to Night Shift, a game of minimum wage and maximum weird. https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Night_Shift

We just had a Night Shift thread with some people who said they might post interesting things if the thread stayed up. That thread hit he archives, so I'm setting up a new thread.

NSWanon had some stories he could share, but only was able to share one before the thread ended. I'd be interested in reading the others.
If anyone else has stories from running/playing Night Shift, I'd be interested in those too.

Also from NSWanon, he described a system of rolling d6's and counting 5s and 6s as successes. But in that system, what would the attribute numbers mean? Are they added to each die, or add more dice to the roll (in which case, what do negative numbers mean?), or contribute/take away successes?

There was one poster who said he found the descriptions for his Gas'N'Go and surroundings, which I'd be interested in.

Does anyone else have their Night Shift store/surroundings detailed? I'm having a hard time imagining the size for the store. It's usually described as being along a highway, but those stores seem usually small to me, which seems like it would make it hard to keep things happening between the aisles without it being noticed by everyone right away.

On a somewhat related note, has anyone run Small Towns? I can't find any examples of anyone playing it, and I'd be interested in stories/impressions of it.
>>
>>54298978
>but those stores seem usually small to me, which seems like it would make it hard to keep things happening between the aisles

Not when they're piled up with 16 feet of junk food and diapers.
>>
>>54298978

>Also from NSWanon, he described a system of rolling d6s and counting 5s as successes. But in that system, what would the attribute numbers mean?

You start with 1 free d6 in your pool. If the challenge in question is related to your character's role or background (packing a bowl of N'Zur Kind Bud in order to smoke yourself back to the right dimension, for example, while being a fucking stoner) you get another d6. At maximum, you only get those two d6 for free.

If there are any helpful [Tags] you may draw a die from the central "Station Pool" which all characters share. This gets replenished when you start solving the Weirdness or just do your job (that second part rarely happens in my experience).

[Tags] are temporary notes added to your character sheet like [Stoned Out of Mind], [Currently Lacks A Nose], [Baba Yaga's Wallet]. They arise out of play and I hand them out like candy. Not great candy, though. Those gross orange waxy things everyone has on Halloween.

Finally you may draw any number of dice from your personal "Effort Pool" (starts at 5, replenishes according to role, so Assistant Manager might replenish by being an asshole), and anyone helping you may donate from their Effort Pool as well.

You roll all the dice, adding (or subtracting) to each result depending on which Attribute the DM specifies. 5's and 6's are successes, if you get enough you do the thing. But you probably didn't get enough and now the ghost of Yogi Berra is trying to take the rest of your toenails.

>In Summary
1d6 + Background + [Tag] + Effort = Dice Pool
+/- Attribute to dice results, 5 or 6 = success
If # of successes = or > DM specified Target Number then Yay! If not then Boo.

In practice, the game involves me setting unrealistically high target numbers and rewarding players for absolute bullshit. And then punishing them for absolute bullshit.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.