[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

creating major boss's with the theme of Body Parts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: achilles.jpg (7KB, 211x238px) Image search: [Google]
achilles.jpg
7KB, 211x238px
my 5e campaign is starting tomorrow and i still dont have all the major boss's figured out? im gonna try my hand at improvising a good chunk of the content but i need this figured out.
>evil great god travels to the material plain to destroy it, good gods and such stand against it.
>other gods overwhelm it, and its body is eviscerated. scattered to all corners of the world, plummeting into the earth. each fragment seeks out a living host to inhabit.
>its soul/conciseness lands in a large and diverse port city where the campaign begins, it lands right by the party and enters all of them at once.
>infected hosts arent stripped of their agency. they're actions are their own but they now posses extraordinary power based on a body part. its appearance doesn't change
>in the partys case, they gain no new powers besides being able to communicate telepathically with the entity. it's weakened state and suffering from total amnesia. it only remembers its name and that his body was scattered across the world. shortly after this, the party and the entity begin to feel ill.
>entity will tell them that unless they find and reclaim a part, the sickness will worsen and all of them will eventually die, no form of medicine can heal this ailment, mundane or magical.
>uses the last bit of its power to give each party member a vision regarding the whereabouts of one of the parts and its current owner, then it goes comatose to recover.
>after deciding on a target, they find that others have already come to apprehend the creature that is likey abusing it's new power.
>a famous war hero/ recently appointed lord of his country along with his company of elite soldiers are already fighting the target. despite his great battle prowess and the aid of his soldiers, their blows seem to bounce off the target with little effect. the hero is notably anxious and desperate to win the fight.
cont...
>>
>>54293304
Penisman
>>
File: 52f2668b1605fb6d1d000001.jpg (39KB, 400x514px) Image search: [Google]
52f2668b1605fb6d1d000001.jpg
39KB, 400x514px
i dont see why not
>>
>>54293304
Ball-of-hands man in a fantasy setting? I could see it.

The obvious reference I can offer is they Egyptian myth of Set chopping Horus up and spreading him over the land; the obvious trick is to play that up as the explanation the evil god and anyone who wants it remade offers to the PCs as to what's going on (Evil god hated good god, cut him apart, now they want to keep him from reforming in order to SMITE EVIL. And those paladins are misguided by their allies.)

My question is, "Are the monsters themed around their respective god-giblets?"
>>
File: tyrant.png (652KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
tyrant.png
652KB, 900x800px
>>54293304
>after the foe defeats the hero and his men, it will turn its attention to the party. it can feel the presence of another part. this triggers a transformation in the foe and one randomly picked player.
>foe morphs into a avatar themed around the body part. gains a boost in power that makes it a deadly encounter to the party. attacks from anyone thats not a wielder of a part become useless in this stage.
>player transforms into a manifestation of its personality, deepest fears/desires, life experiences, ect..." for example:dark skinned, tattooed human barbarian that was abandoned as a infant and taken in by the uthgardt tribe as a blacksmiths apprentice, and then later a warrior for the tribe is exiled after committing a taboo during one of his rage episodes. transforms into a hulking, ebony skinned, fiery eyed, naked, brute that hammers a mass of red hot metal into a greataxe after transforming."
>player transformations arent as strong as boss transformations, but serve to balance out the fights.
>upon defeating a boss, the power of the part is sucked out off the creature and absorbed by the party, players and are healed completely but dont regrow any lost limbs, the sickness becomes dormant for some time.
>the hero expresses his gratitude for the party, introduces himself, and pledges to aid the party on their quest to seek out the remaining parts. although his resources are limited after losing alot of his men.
>players dont know that hes plotting to wait for the party to gather all of the parts, absorb them through ritual, reach demigod level power, and then kill the party to claim the final piece "the soul". by the time the party reaches this stage, the players have grown on the entity and it encourages them to make a final stand against the traitor. the final battle follows.

thats about it. i only have a few ideas for boss encounters, but i really need some input on them and your ideas for these fights. thanks in advance. ill post what i got so far
>>
stomach: a orc that abandoned his tribe. hes a exceptional physical specimen even for a orc, but he has no real interest in pointless violence like the rest of his kind, he instead turns his attention towards his true passion food and the culinary arts. he was held prisoner by a group of adventures when he was young, took him as a slave after they slaughtered the rest of the hunting party. for three days they deprived him of food, until finally one night he went into hunger induced frenzy and beat the party to death with a cauldron in their sleep, then ate some of their flesh before making his escape. one of the party members belonged to a noble house and his family places a bounty on the orc. hes laying low in the slums of a city, trying to make a dish good enough to impress the local cooks guild and still carrying the huge cauldron on his back wherever he goes. he will never deprive a meal to any hungry person, whether they are friend or foe.
multiple restaurants and grocers have reported stolen ingredients following his arrival...
>>
>>54293304
What is Vecna
>>
File: drow_02_by_jianjiagu-d65nzvs.jpg (564KB, 890x1294px) Image search: [Google]
drow_02_by_jianjiagu-d65nzvs.jpg
564KB, 890x1294px
blood: a male drow doctor and his only son run a small pharmacy/clinic in the underdark. a female drow of a noble house discovers the formula for the hunters bane, a toxic concoction that grants the consumer supernatural powers if they survive the process. she contacts the doctor and demands that he brew the concoction for her or she will use her power to sell them both into slavery. the doctor agrees and begins working. sometime later the potion is finished, she ordered for 2 batches to be made. when she comes to collect the potion, she forces the doctor to drink the first one as a test. the brew nearly kills the doctor. and she forces the child to ingest the remaining potion, and leaves them for dead for wasting her time. the child endures the poison and survives after a night spent in agonizing pain, his father wasn't as lucky. he takes the formula, as many of his fathers tools and text books as he can carry, and spends the next few years making a name for himself as a doctor in a far off surface city. he seeks to brew enough hunters bane to raise a army of hunters that he will use to seek vengeance on the female drow. is mildly afraid of women, wont take them on as patients if he can help it.
>>
Just steal Crimson Chin villains.
>>
>>54297607
What the hell are a persons Arches?
And why are his Gilded?
>>
>>54297929
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arches_of_the_foot
>The arches of the foot, formed by the tarsal and metatarsal bones, strengthened by ligaments and tendons, allow the foot to support the weight of the body in the erect posture with the least weight.
They're gilded because reasons.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.