[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World Building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

Have a couple hours. Going to be thinking aloud about my next campaign setting. Questions and advice welcomed. I'll also give me humble opinion on anyone else's ideas.

>The playable races are Human, Kobold, Minotaur, Lamia, Mothman, and Dryad
>Although other sapient races exist, only these races(excluding Dryad) have come together to form a loose peace treaty
>Other races(i.e, gnolls, goblins, orcs) aren't necessarily killed on sight, but are often seen as third-rate civilians and openly distrusted/prejudiced against
>Dryads, who are born from the natural magic of massive forests condensed into one being, haven't signed the treaty, but are treated in high regard because of the way they come into existence
>Kobolds , which are mammals, come in two distinct varieties - long haired kobolds who resemble dog-like creatures, and furless kobolds who resemble reptiles had to compromise between two people in my group who couldn't settle between western kobolds and anime kobolds
>>
File: Spicewag.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Spicewag.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>54291432
>mfw no elves, dwarfs or hobbits
>>
>>54291432
>no players that want actual kobolds
Such is pop lore
>>
What are anime kobolds?
>>
File: cutebold.jpg (20KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
cutebold.jpg
20KB, 640x400px
>>54291534
A fluffy, "cute" version of kobolds like pic related.
>>
>>54291503
I always hated them all as a race. I felt like they were never exotic enough to warrent being an exotic race. Kind of a half-assed middle-of-the-road feeling.

>>54291534
>pic related.
jkjk. But japanese kobolds are mostly the same as western kobolds except they're more based on dogs rather than lizards.
>>
I like that you're going for a nonstandard races thing. Honestly I'd kick out human and make up something to give the extra feat/whatever.

will return in a bit.
>>
File: Golem.jpg (223KB, 1646x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Golem.jpg
223KB, 1646x1200px
Golems

>Alchemists specialize in creating magical items.
>From most common to least common(due mostly to difficulty and cost) alchemists create: potions, magically enhanced equipment, golems, chimeras.

>Golems come in a few different flavors(i.e a golem is made of a material, animated armors are made of sets of armor, gargoyles are similar to golems but more nimble)

>Every golem is spiritually connected to the alchemist, limiting the amount of golems a normal alchemist can have to about 2 or 3.
>Golems have very limited thinking, and can only be mentally controlled to obey the following actions: Activate, Deactivate, Follow, Attack
>Alchemists can make their golems "smarter" and stronger by equiping them with *magyks*(please help me with a name). Magyks work similar to the materia system from final fantasy 7.
>Equip a golem with "counter" and he'll have a chance to counter an attack.
>Equip a golem with "counter" and then "Fire" and he'll counter with a fire spell
>Equip a golem with "fire and then "counter" and he'll counter fire spells with an attack.
>>
>>54291937
>Magyks
Just play into IRL real life golem descriptions and use something like Word, Command, Phrase, or the like
>>
>>54292192
Oooh. I like it. "Words" can be the single word gambits and phrases can be the duo-word gambits.
>>
Elementalist

>Elementalists are one of the 4 major classes of magic
>Elementalists function off of a vocabulary system

>each elementalist has a natural power(d4-d12) maximum word limit(2-7), and a maximum potential limit(10-100)
>There are 5 categories of words: Element, power, range, form, and special trait
>Each individual word has individual values adds up the damage, mana cost, and potential of the spell.

>Example spell: Fotia(fire, D4, mana cost x2) Adynamos(Weak, +1 dice size to one die, mana cost 3 ), Tessara(4 spaces away, mana cost 4), ekrixi(blast, d8, mana cost 10)

>Fotia Adynamos Tessara Ekrixi - total mana cost: 34. Total damage: 1d6, 1d8, 1d4
>>
>>54292192
He could also go for a Hebrew sounding word to relate to the origins of the golem.
Made up shit like "Yashal" or whatever.
>>
File: 1449386682648.jpg (8MB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1449386682648.jpg
8MB, 4928x3264px
So if magic is centered around the refinement and use of a primordial god's blood, what properties would different processes result in? Like carving the material into a prism versus melting it down into ingots for example. What would the resulting slag/waste do, if anything?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.