[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magical Kitten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 980x.jpg (63KB, 560x549px) Image search: [Google]
980x.jpg
63KB, 560x549px
So, long story short, one of my players's caracter barfed up a kitten. It's obviously a magical kitten but I was trying to think of "abilities" I could give it.

So far, it subsists entirely off of beer and can randomly change colors. Any suggestions for more abilities or background?
>>
File: IMG_1031.png (168KB, 300x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1031.png
168KB, 300x475px
>>54288537
>subsists entirely off of beer

It can either bend anything or is proficient with explosives, you decide.
>>
>>54288640
I thought the Engineer drank beer and the Demoman drank whiskey.
>>
>>54288537

At various occasions throughout the adventure, the cat will make different animal noises. Sometimes at random, sometimes at seemingly planned or opportune moments, like a lions roar that scares away a pack of wolves, or a horses shinny that calms the parties mounts in a moment of panic.
>>
>>54288657
Demoman drinks anything alcoholic, most of the time it happnes to be beer.

He once subconsciously configured his body so that it could distill alcohol from his bones and organs after having gone too long without a drink.
>>
>>54288537

Sometimes the cat craps magical rings. Only sometimes though. It'll be funny to watch them dig through litter looking for treasure
>>
>>54288640
I'll consider it.

>>54288683
Definitely using this.

>>54288732
Eh, they're pretty low-level right now so I don't want to really give them access to magical items just like that. Maybe if he eats magic or something.
>>
>>54288537
The kitten is really, really cute.

Anyone attempting to harm the kitten needs to save vs. spell or be compelled to give it pets and wrestles instead.
>>
Petting the kitty while thinking of a location causes Earthquakes that correlate in amplitude with the strength of the purring
>>
>>54288866
Hmm, DC 15 Wisdom save?
>>
>>54288887
I'd rather not give them weapons of mass destruction right off the bat. Also, how would you ever be able to reveal that one?
>>
Other cats are drawn to it. Adventurers will wake up to a couple days in their camp, staring at whichever tent the magic kitten is in. Whoever has the kitten wants stay in the streets in town too long or he will accrue a parade of strays following close behind him
>>
>>54288943
Cats in their camp*
>>
File: IMG_1030.png (401KB, 264x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1030.png
401KB, 264x384px
>>54288640
>forgot the other pic for that
>>
>>54288537

Eventually it learns how to speak telepathically. It only communicates by saying "feed me!" Or "pet me?"

A dc 17 handle animal teaches the kitten "please" and "thank you"
>>
>>54288943
Tempted to make it some kind of Cat Spirit Prince that ran away from home now.
>>
>>54288987
Hmm, I think I'd rather have it speak normally. But that'd be far off in the future.
>>
>>54288993

Maybe a reincarnated cat diety.. reincarnated through the party wizards stomach? It's not always pretty being a God but someone has to do it
>>
>>54288537
The kitten will try and murder the player and take their body once it reaches adulthood.
>>
>>54289025
The dwarf fighter's stomach after he drank a mysterious potion offered to him by a hermit living in the woods. She named it Puke.
>>
kitten starts needing other forms of sustenance after licking blood of the group's kills.

he starts becoming sickly if he doesn't get fresh blood every once in a while

the kitten starts growing and changing colors becoming more beautiful

the kitten charms your players

the kitten uses the toxins he produces to manipulate your players into loving it

the kitten keeps growing an tricks it's owner in to thinking he will become the best mount.

the kitten leaves for hours at a time then days

one day angry mob follows kitten to camp.

the kitten sheds it's pretense and becomes big bad
>>
>>54288930
Easy, whIle they're petting the kitten in generic village #75, have someone monologuing about things in or near the village. Halfway through earthquake that area. Do that a few times and they'll figure it out. If they dont, make the kitten ping as strong magic for a while after the phenomenon.
>>
>>54290435
I may use the whole thing about him growing super-big.

>>54291013
Still a WMD though.
>>
>>54293572
Hmmm. What if the kitten only causes people in the area to believe there is an earthquake? Like people falling down and stuff but no actual earthquakes happened.
>>
The kitten occasionally brings back corpses
>>
>>54296147
...from the dead
>>
>>54296172
A nekomancer, then?
>>
>>54296197
That's kind of clever actually
>>
>>54288537
>can randomly change colors

can, or does? because the former implies some element of agency on drinkycat's part
>>
>>54296172
>the kitten occasionally brings back corpses from the dead
>they're only the corpses of other animals, and they want you to help them fulfill their last wish

Then watch your campaign turn into pet shop of horrors
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.