[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been invited to play some nMage by friends, and I really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 6623744891_b68c8a98ae_b.jpg (102KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
6623744891_b68c8a98ae_b.jpg
102KB, 1024x768px
I've been invited to play some nMage by friends, and I really want to play because they're friends and good people to game with, but am having a total block about _what_ to play.

/tg/ - How do you deal with creative blocks when making characters?
>>
>>54288353
Blatant ripoff of something the others are unlikely to recognize. Anything written before 90's that did not have movie version made is usually safe bet.
>>
>>54288353
Step back, and go play/watch/read/listen to something not entirely or directly related to Mage for a bit. Sometimes finding something from a completely different tone and setting can be what you need to figure out a cool idea for a character and play around with it. One of my best D&D characters came about as the result of me watching a lets play of Yakuza 4 and trying to justify how kobolds could get yakuza tattoos.

Mainly though don't try and rush it. The ideas will come, just try and be ready when they do.
>>
I think of an interesting or fun gimmick and build a character around it.
Examples:
Yaun ti druid so obsessed with snakes he refuses to be anything else
Hillbilly dwarf who makes illegal moonshine
Monk with less than 4 limbs, master of partial arts
A character who only uses whips and is domineering
Fish man warlock who worships the giant turtle who holds up the world. His end goal was to kill those glory stealing elephants.
Etc.
>>
>>54288353
randomize randomize randomize, roll for everything until something sticks out from the crowd
>>
>>54288399
He-Man would be a good one.
>>
>>54288353
You lucky bastard. I wanna play nMage with a group that isn't edgelords and retards.
>>
>>54288353
ask them what sort of game of nMage they are planning and what they are playing. Make something that complements the theme and other players that you want to play.
Also, 1e nWoD or 2e WoD?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.