[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice on player management.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Help wanted.jpg (20KB, 338x264px) Image search: [Google]
Help wanted.jpg
20KB, 338x264px
>Playing game at LGS
>5 players in addition to myself running it.
>Most of them are more or less normal LGS randos, with short attention spans and limited grasp of both gameplay and anything involving subtlety.
>The one guy who is clearly head and shoulders above the rest if Paul, who is clever and gets invested, and has been the only one in the mob who can surprise me with a plan.
>Paul is threatening to leave the game if I don't boot two other guys.
>They're not great players, and they have this annoying ritual they do about 3 times a session. One of them will mumble something and the second one will then shout "Shabooooo" at the top of his lungs.
>It's weird, and they won't explain why they do it, and they refuse to stop because it's no big deal according to them. Ultimately, I find it irritating but not banworthy.
>All in all, I'd rather have Paul than these two guys, but at the same time, I'm not crazy about his them or me attitude.

Mostly, just want some perspective of someone who isn't directly involved. Any opinions?
>>
>>54285775
The other two sound like annoying as fuck retards, once is maybe ok, but I just don't deal well with mentally handicapped loud people in general

Inb4 no fun allowed
I also hate Ork players who shout WAAAAAGH
>>
>>54285775

Also
>refuse to stop because it's no big deal according to them

Means that they where kindly asked to stop their retard behavior but won't because they find it hilarious to be retards
>>
If Paul put up with that for this long, you owe it to him to kick those two idiots. Bonus points if you fiat-kill their characters first, then tell them they are banned
>>
>>54285775
>refuse to stop

If the fucking tards aren't going to stop when you ask them nicely to quit being annoying shitheads with their inside joke, you should either threaten to kick them out if they don't stop and see if Paul will be cool with that or do something drastic like fucking KILL their characters every time they do it. Use some specific thing that you've made up from out of their past that arrives and fucks them because they can't handle it.

They'll either get the message or leave.

If you don't have a fully functioning brain, you could at least act like it instead of being a tard for no reason.
>>
>>54286819 #

This, ban the fuckers

Why do you only see this kind of autism behavior in /tg/ related hobbies. It makes me ashamed to be associated with these kind of dumbfucks , you'll be doing the hobby a favor
>>
File: 1487780639425.jpg (52KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1487780639425.jpg
52KB, 500x372px
>>54285775
>LGS randos
>They're not great players, annoying
This sounds about par for the course. And you're right that what they're doing is just not banworthy.

Here's what you do: Ask Paul to find a new game for the both of you with better players. In the meantime, you work on expediting the game so that it ends in the next few sessions and finishes on a half decent note. You may continue to demand that the two problem players cut it out with the in-jokes. This is optional on your part but encouraged.

If all goes according to plan, you'll have a new game (possibly as a player) and no drama or burnt bridges.
>>
>>54285775
Drop the two assholes.
>>
>>54285775
>refuse to stop

There's the reason why I wouldn't feel bad about booting these two. You've told them that their behavior is annoying to other members of the group, and they refuse to acknowledge that it's a problem, insisting that the blame lies with everone who doesn't like it. Keep the good player, lose the morons.
>>
>>54285775
how often do you play? for how many sessions has this gone on?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.