[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General - /exg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 84

File: throne.jpg (1002KB, 1400x908px) Image search: [Google]
throne.jpg
1002KB, 1400x908px
What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms%20of%20the%20Chosen%20Preview.docx?dl=0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
http://theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
http://theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
https://pastebin.com/d8erArwm
https://pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
https://pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
https://pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf
https://pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG
https://pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR
https://pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6
https://pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz
>>
A question to hopefully get the thread going: have you guys ever visited Malfeas in your games? How did you or your ST present the weirdness of that place?
>>
>>54281900

There was one time a silent choir drahhed a screaming demon through the streets, skinned the demon alive, and the demons in hell thought we were odd for staring at it.
>>
File: KSBDRPGv1.5.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
KSBDRPGv1.5.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
Bumping with the newest version of Broken Worlds; I'm sure someone who looks at OP's pic will want it.
>>
so I'm not sure if I'm remembering right but in 3e there are charms to become a raveing war beast right? what was the name of them again, and any suggestions how to mix into combat since I think they were simple or something limiting like both can't be turned on at the same time.
>>
>>54283383

You mean Bloodthirsty Sword Dancer Spirit? Usually players spend the first round powering up, activating form charms, and the like.
>>
File: DemonDestroyah.jpg (463KB, 1490x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DemonDestroyah.jpg
463KB, 1490x1000px
>>54281900
>have you guys ever visited Malfeas in your games? How did you or your ST present the weirdness of that place?

Yes, and I'm the forever GM. Oddly enough, they just got back from Malfeas a little bit ago. So, here's what happened.

Player had a Lunar (2E rules), total combat monster, biggest one in the group by a mile. Big fuckoff MA Lunar with claws and all that shit. Ends up fucking up at a critical moment because he decides not to perfect. Now, I'm not a hardass, I don't try to rocket tag my players and they understand to not rocket tag back, because otherwise everything devolves to shit. But this was one of those "really should've perfect'd" sort of moments.

They're fighting during a big flood with a bunch of demons breaking loose and all of that bullshit. Turns out an Infernal is just making a big push in Creation, just wanting to wipe out a port town and fuck up trading for an entire region. So he's got sea monsters, demons, the whole works. Big ol' fuckin' sea monster swimming around, just breaking shit. Lunar goes full retard on it, with a bunch of shit. Tears the shit out of it, it understandably doesn't like that. So he gets eaten by a big serpent, more or less. Ton of damage because this thing could bite a building in half pretty easily. Ship eater kind of thing, you get the idea.

Now, here's the thing. The Lunar has a lot of shit, poison, whatever. Heavily invested into these claws. He actually wounded the serpent pretty heavily, so it's dying of poison and shit. Everyone else is busy with their own stuff (War units trying to stave off demon hordes, everyone else cowering in those War units). So no one's kept track of the Lunar who fucked off to go punch a sea monster to death.

End of battle comes...Shit! Where's the Lunar? Did he die? Is it even possible for the guy to die?
>>
File: Demon.jpg (120KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Demon.jpg
120KB, 706x1000px
>>54284711

So, while everyone else was busy fighting, they kinda lost track of the serpent. It fucked off back underwater, with the Lunar in it, glowing and pissed and...Totally unconscious. Because he hit Incap at the same time he got eaten. So hes sizzling in the stomach acid, but his natural regen Charms fix the acid damage. Life sucks, right?

Well, the serpent dies out at sea. Serpent was trying to reach the Infernal, who could've healed it to a small degree...If it didn't die of the Lunar's poison. So it basically got halfway, more or less. So the Infernal's like "Fuck, my big ship eating bastard died, let's go see what killed it". Since, y'know, it did make it partway back, maybe something could still be there? Maybe his enemies were using it as cover or something?

So he gives it a thorough checking, and finds, whats this? An Exalt in it's gullet. Lunar. Seeing it regenerate and get burned by the acid. So, hey, the Infernal decides FREEBIE time. Let's take you back to Malfeas, since my plans seem to have gone to shit, maybe my crazy masters will like something to kick around for a while, if this guy's resilient ass is any indication, they'll have something to play with.

2 years pass. Not IRL, I mean, in game.
>>
File: Oni.jpg (166KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
Oni.jpg
166KB, 675x900px
>>54284811

Now, a bit more on the Lunar. The Lunar was in cahoots with another player's character, in both plans and romance. All over each other, you know the type. So this player's character (who is also an Infernal, though of course she didn't exactly explain that to them) is losing her shit. Where's her boyfriend Lunar? How could he die? Is he even dead? There's no body! Since, by this point, the Lunar had the reputation of being the biggest, toughest, strongest, whateveringest motherfucker around, since, all things considered, he was actually built almost as well as you could make a Lunar. So he was a total brick shithouse and the players were generally convinced the guy was as unkillable as could be without the game resorting to rocket tag levels of absurd damage.

But seeing as none of them could figure out what the fuck happened to the guy, they just assumed he was dead. Investigation was not their strong point, both in the literal sense and in the Ability sense. So they decide what they want to do with this port since they basically fended off a demon invasion (lot of collateral, but it happens), so they go to work fixing it up, instating themselves as whatever, etc.

So I just handwave 2 years. Thats about what it'd take to get their plans up and running, the place all fixed up, etc. Many rolls were had. Just the usual Exalted downtime, you guys know the drill.

And thats when the Infernal lady gets a message one day. Now, her character had been in mourning the whole time, she legitimately loved the Lunar. But she was playing up the whole "Oh woe is me my hubby is dead" etc angle, which is funny, because they weren't married at all, and at one point the Lunar totally scorned her by banging the bajeezus out of some NPC chick who claimed she was nobility because he was a failed noble striving for some legitimacy. But she got over it, just in time for him to "die". Except...He wasn't dead.
>>
>>54284537
That's the one, I'm still a bit new at this so simple charms have been making the flow of combat a bit odd to me at times
>>
File: Oni2.jpg (209KB, 621x900px) Image search: [Google]
Oni2.jpg
209KB, 621x900px
>>54284913

She, like any good Infernal, had contacts in Malfeas. And one of them stumbled across something she might be interested in. An Exalted slave...For sale. Wait, what? Slave? Exalt? For sale? Ok, thats...Not too uncommon. They did it with Dragonblooded all the time, because fuck those guys, right? But this was different. She got a description of this one. And it matched someone she knew very dearly.

So of course, she did the smartest thing she could. And ran right off to Hell all by herself, to go grab what she believes is her beau. She's an Infernal, so she knew a few ways to get in an out, and off she went on her merry way, full of piss and vinegar and mind racing with lovely thoughts of her now raging murder/vengeance boner.

So she gets to Malfeas, and this is the first time she's formally "been" there, like, during "On screen" time. So I'm going over the burning electric neon haze that was the sky, the arid sands that reminded her of the deserts that seemed everywhere, the patinas of rust and rot everywhere, the corroded metals. Basically, a fairly rusty and unkempt looking place overall, and the throngs of...Everything.

See, Malfeas is alive. Not just in a literal sense, but it's where demons live. And not just demons, it's a place others come to get things they couldn't get anywhere else...If they're powerful or canny enough to get in and negotiate for safety. So we've got a few mortal sorcerers, some willing, some not, we've got Dragonblooded here shopping the Hellmarkets, whatever. Dangerous people in dangerous places doing dangerous things is a theme here, but it's "orderly" enough, in it's own way. And so it is she makes it to the markets where this slave was being held. And she finds out slaves in Malfeas aren't exactly the best kept things-Especially when they're Exalt's. And Exalt's known for regenerating.
>>
File: Oni3.jpg (667KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Oni3.jpg
667KB, 810x1080px
>>54285046

She finds him in absolute shambles. Hung in a rotting iron cage suspended by a chain of brass, with strange chains wrapped around him personally, wedges of brass melted into the back of his legs. Yes, melted. Same on his wrists, fused into the flesh. His eyes? Gone, replaced with brass balls. Ears? Spikes of bronze, melted in to stopper them. He was deaf, blind, and hobbled, in such a way even his natural regeneration (ie: the regular Exalt kind, not the Lunar kind) wouldn't let him recover really. Malnourished in the extreme, and basically damn near dead as he could be.

They like their slaves docile, you see, and whoever spent time breaking him in was damn thorough.

And before him is the current owner of this slave, who, unknown to the player, only very recently came into acquisition of this one. Of course, she didn't do the smart thing, like, I don't know, try to bargain, or question this slave keeper. Nope. Went straight to full retard. Opened right up with her Charms in a crowded, multi-level, spiraling underground marketplace that was described from the onset as looking much like a burnished copper drill bit twisting down into the hellscape of desert and rust.

Everything around her goes fucking nuts. Because of the Charms she used, I forget which exactly, but it sent the demons literally running in fear, and she tried to murder the sales girl. Which didn't work out as well as she expected, because she ran like fuck and got herself lost in the tide of screeching, running demons, causing chaos in this entire section of Malfeas. She literally began a riot, in Hell.

Sometimes players don't really think things through very well, I've noticed. Then again, she was a follower of good ol' Aku-I mean, Ebon Dragon, so she didn't really give a shit, and the ol' ED was probably rubbing one out to the mess she made by this doing this.

Anyway, she grabbed her "hubby" (again, they're not married in game or out) and ran.
>>
>>54285151
Did they get out with no problem? Will all of this have repercussions, or is it just another day in Hell, with the strong doing what they will, just as they should?
>>
File: Demon2.jpg (2MB, 4000x2303px) Image search: [Google]
Demon2.jpg
2MB, 4000x2303px
>>54285323
>Did they get out with no problem?

Yes, because by making everything in the area flee, it created a clusterfuck of a traffic jam/riot, more or less. You had the demons fleeing in literal terror due to the charm, crashing into the wall of demons just outside the radius wondering why everything was going bugfuck crazy and there was a living tide of demonic flesh trying to stampede over them.

>Will all of this have repercussions

Yes.

>or is it just another day in Hell, with the strong doing what they will, just as they should?

Also yes.
>>
>>54281900
Okay this is a good place for me to ask mine. For the life of me I cant find the book that details how to get to malfeas from creation or back over, how do infernals move back and forth?
>>
So, what's everyone's new favorite part of the beefed-up creation and why is it the Dreaming Sea?
>>
>>54285843
They walk for for five days usually
>>
>Rich will not even say there is a good possibility they will get Arms out by August
>has a shitfit when someone just wants text

How hard is it to get shit art of artifacts into the book? Nobody gives a shit about the art because its going to always be subpar.
>>
>>54285323
when gsp says "MINE" they can probably get away with it.

on the other hand, anybody who owns a lunar should be big enough to kick up a fuss. I wouldn't expect anything less than a big 2nd or tiny 3rd circle to be allowed to keep it

>>54285389

and none of those guys are likely to hesitate to just roll right over a traffic jam to get it back
>>
>>54286040
Where?
>>
>>54286040
As someone who backed the original Kickstarter when they were 19 and just now got the Ivory Edition at 24, I've learned to never underestimate how much time and how much teehpulling-like pain it takes getting any crunch from the crew
>>
>>54285843
theres a ton of ways in and the infernals have an innate power to sense them(like how solars know what time it is) so they can almost always just handwave trivially finding one.

other exalts may have a bit more trouble tracking down an entrance. either way it's a 5 day journey minimum (regardless of speed) cecelene can stretch this out indefinately for noninfernals but probably doesn't, although noninfernals might or might not get lost for a bit on their own
>>
>>54286089
Monday meeting notes comments.
>>
>>54286040
Bro, that wasn't a shitfit at all, he explained why they wouldn't give out the raw text to people. He's thrown shitfits before but don't misrepresent people just because you don't like them.
>>
>>54286040
>How hard is it to get shit art of artifacts into the book?
I'd guess more difficult then we think given that one of the artists for artifacts in the core literally stole art from soul caliber
>>
>>54285994
>>54286095
A five day journey just in general? Like pick a direction and start walking and five days later they're there?
>>
File: The-A-TEAM.jpg (190KB, 1200x783px) Image search: [Google]
The-A-TEAM.jpg
190KB, 1200x783px
In RY672, a Wyld Hunt Terrestrial unit was sent to prison by a Court of the Realm for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Lookshy underground. Today, still wanted by the Realm, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The Jade Team.
>>
File: BustyDaoSword.jpg (230KB, 809x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BustyDaoSword.jpg
230KB, 809x1200px
>>54286055
>and none of those guys are likely to hesitate to just roll right over a traffic jam to get it back

Well, it did create a riot, like I said. She used the confusion to escape, pretty much, because by that point you had about a thousand demons turning the street into a mosh pit.
>>
File: Kali.png (1MB, 820x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Kali.png
1MB, 820x1536px
>>54286055
>on the other hand, anybody who owns a lunar should be big enough to kick up a fuss. I wouldn't expect anything less than a big 2nd or tiny 3rd circle to be allowed to keep it

Not that any of my players know this (partly because instead of talking, the Infernal player went full retard), but he's been kicked around Malfeas for a bit those two years. The original owner was the Infernal that captured him from the dead serpents stomach. She tortured the shit out of the Lunar for a good while since her plains got wrecked by them, coming up with the melted metal idea to keep him hobbled. Eventually she tired of the idea, and sold him off. He mostly got beat on and tortured for the rest of the time, until falling into the hands of the current Infernal who had him, before finally ending up in player hands.
>>
File: BlueeyedIndianGuy.jpg (253KB, 636x900px) Image search: [Google]
BlueeyedIndianGuy.jpg
253KB, 636x900px
>>54286526
>plains

Plans. Fuck.
>>
>>54283083
The more I look into this, the more I realize how terrible it is.
>>
>>54286918
Yeah, I liked your work way better. Oh wait...
>>
>>54286918
It's based on Dungeon World, so that's what you're feeling.
Interestingly enough, this is actually BETTER than regular Dungeon World, so there's that at least...
>>
The mantle of brigid disappeared along with the empress in the default state of things right?
>>
>>54281890
Does anyone have an Exalted or Exalted-adjacent art collection hovering about?
>>
>>54283083
If I ever get around to running an Exalted game I was considering using this instead. Looks kind of fun.
>>
Anybody got any tips about how to play a solar in 3ewho's main method of fighting could be described with "just as planned" ? so far I have looked at the brawl charms that allow you to store initiative and then burn it later and stunting that as a sort of while they were fighting it was mostly maneuvering them into this pre planned hit. any other charms that help with that or would stunting have to be my way or going about?
>>
>>54287678

Fuck her even having that thing in the first place. Artifacts like that shouldn't be in the hands of NPC's. That was a shit thing for them to do.
>>
Does anyone have advice for designing Evocations? I wanted my Solar focusing on Medicine and Sorcery to use Wood Dragon Claws as a weapon, and I noticed having them as a Control meant I could take Evocations for them.

Only problem is I suck at designing Evocations and I'm unsure what to do with them.
>>
>>54288047

http://nisachar.deviantart.com/gallery/37429163/18-Days
>>
>>54288346
>>
>>54288371

(not canon anymore but fuck OPP. Magi-tech First Age is awesome)
>>
File: yang-qi917-yang-qi-cgmonster-122.jpg (350KB, 1203x1850px) Image search: [Google]
yang-qi917-yang-qi-cgmonster-122.jpg
350KB, 1203x1850px
>>54288371

https://www.artstation.com/artist/yangqi917
>>
>>54288413

https://www.artstation.com/artist/fenghuazhong
>>
>>54288346
>>54288413
>>54288434
Dope. Seem like good places to start. Thanks.
>>
File: fenghua-zhong-the-monster.jpg (294KB, 1687x1920px) Image search: [Google]
fenghua-zhong-the-monster.jpg
294KB, 1687x1920px
>>54288434
>>
>>54288063
It's really not, trust me.
>>
>>54288526
Do you have a story to support, or are you just shitposting?
>>
File: feng-guo-2.jpg (619KB, 1591x1058px) Image search: [Google]
feng-guo-2.jpg
619KB, 1591x1058px
>>54288450
>>
>>54288598
Personal experience, but nothing particularly remarkable. The group tried it out for a session, and it went okay, but it was a lot less fun than we hoped it would be and we never played it again.
At the end of the night, we all agreed that we'd either use Mutants and Masterminds or Legend of the Wulin the next time we wanted to ply a k6bd rpg.
>>
File: Baiken.png (1MB, 800x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Baiken.png
1MB, 800x1088px
>>54288047

I post shit here all the time. Just lurk the thread, check some past ones too in the archives. Or ask for stuff, I can see if I got anything that matches what you ask for.
>>
>>54288709
So no real reason except "it didn't jive with my group." Appreciate the warning I guess, but every group is different, so I'm probably going to try it anyway.

>>54288733
I was asking for galleries mostly because I didn't have anything in particular in mind. I'm new to the setting and think it's rad, and am mostly looking for inspirational stuff to give me ideas and help me grasp what it really feels likes in my head.
>>
Speaking of art, can I get some images of what you'd consider artifact weapons? I have a game starting sunday, and I'm bashing my face into my keyboard trying to find inspiration right now.
>>
File: BadassGrandGrimcleaver.png (781KB, 1110x970px) Image search: [Google]
BadassGrandGrimcleaver.png
781KB, 1110x970px
>>54289031
>>
File: BadassWarriorChick.jpg (944KB, 1070x1613px) Image search: [Google]
BadassWarriorChick.jpg
944KB, 1070x1613px
>>54289198
>>
File: 1371745792125.jpg (126KB, 1280x733px) Image search: [Google]
1371745792125.jpg
126KB, 1280x733px
>>54289031
>>
File: Nu.jpg (563KB, 1133x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Nu.jpg
563KB, 1133x1200px
>>54289218
>>
File: WoodAspect9.jpg (1MB, 1000x826px) Image search: [Google]
WoodAspect9.jpg
1MB, 1000x826px
>>54289234
>>
File: FireAspect4.jpg (644KB, 1451x1156px) Image search: [Google]
FireAspect4.jpg
644KB, 1451x1156px
>>54289249
>>
File: LunarInMoonsilverRegalia.jpg (654KB, 848x1024px) Image search: [Google]
LunarInMoonsilverRegalia.jpg
654KB, 848x1024px
>>54289269
>>
File: GrandGoremaul.jpg (269KB, 1094x1500px) Image search: [Google]
GrandGoremaul.jpg
269KB, 1094x1500px
>>54289284
>>
File: GrandFuckingGoremaul.png (599KB, 985x866px) Image search: [Google]
GrandFuckingGoremaul.png
599KB, 985x866px
>>54289303
>>
File: 48566447_p0.jpg (2MB, 1600x2642px) Image search: [Google]
48566447_p0.jpg
2MB, 1600x2642px
>>54289031
>>
File: WaterAspect3.png (2MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WaterAspect3.png
2MB, 853x1024px
>>54289330
>>
File: DaiklaiveHolder2.jpg (97KB, 736x966px) Image search: [Google]
DaiklaiveHolder2.jpg
97KB, 736x966px
>>54289352
>>
File: BustySwordwhipMaid.png (2MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BustySwordwhipMaid.png
2MB, 853x1024px
>>54289369
>>
File: BandagedAbyssal_0.jpg (87KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
BandagedAbyssal_0.jpg
87KB, 600x849px
>>54289031
>>
File: 1420183931258.jpg (614KB, 700x906px) Image search: [Google]
1420183931258.jpg
614KB, 700x906px
>>
>>
File: ac1b5fd7ab445f5.jpg (453KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
ac1b5fd7ab445f5.jpg
453KB, 1215x717px
>>54289031
>what you'd consider artifact weapons?

ornate, oversized and overcompensating
>>
File: Anima_Claire_by_Wen_M.jpg (600KB, 1236x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Anima_Claire_by_Wen_M.jpg
600KB, 1236x1020px
>>
File: Sunlight-Yellow-Overdrive.jpg (98KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sunlight-Yellow-Overdrive.jpg
98KB, 640x360px
>>
>>54288271
Oh right, better write out paragon this edition since artifacts are for PC's only and can never be used to make for more interesting deadly NPC's right
>>
File: Warrior Queen.jpg (302KB, 1151x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Warrior Queen.jpg
302KB, 1151x1631px
>>54289303

>GrandGoremaul.jpg
>Picture of a Grand Grimcleaver
>>
File: Devil Tyrant Avatar Shintai.jpg (389KB, 1109x1599px) Image search: [Google]
Devil Tyrant Avatar Shintai.jpg
389KB, 1109x1599px
>>54286526

Got any more "kinda-sorta humans" like that image? I'm looking for a sorcerer character who went deep into self modification.
>>
>>54291975

Don't pretend there isn't a stark dfiference between giving a mortal a control staff to explain his position of power in one city of Creation, and giving the Empress of the Realm an ultra powerful sorcery artifact when she sits already behind more defenses and other bullshit than nearly anyone else in Creation.

The Empress doesn't "need" this artifact, and giving it to her was a mistake of previous editions (2E possibly? I don't ever recall 1E shoving such a powerful thing into her hands). Having it "mysteriously disappear" separately from her too is also an asspull. It should just be an artifact that is free for people (mostly GM's) to use without having to come up with a contrived explanation as to how it got from the Empress to wherever it is now, because the default assumption given her canon reason for disappearing is "ED kidnapped her", which means it'd have to go from the Empress to ED to where the fuck ever from there.
>>
>>54292222
Given that multiple attempts have been made on the empress's life, both from members of the realm and lunars who made it all the way to her, I don't really get how she doesn't need it, let alone thats a dumb argument in the first place. Maybe she doesn't have it because she needs it, but because it makes sense that the empress who spent just under a millennium gathering power would probably have some pretty powerful artifacts on her person?
Also yes it first showed up in 1e, on the empress, and ED kidnapping is only the default if you're playing with morons.
>>
Step up your game. Play a campaign where Solars returned but Empress didn't disappear. Go against united and competent Realm
>>
How does Lookshy feel about Solars?
>>
>>54292417
The Seventh Legion still follows a version of the Immaculate Philosophy, so Solars are Anathema, and Lookshy will make runs on killing them if it looks possible.
>>
>>54289249
Wood Aspect my hairy asshole. That's an Abyssal right there.
>>
File: 1464891382401.jpg (2MB, 1378x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1464891382401.jpg
2MB, 1378x1400px
>>54292088
something like this?
>>
File: Exalted World Map 1 85dpi.jpg (7MB, 2890x1870px) Image search: [Google]
Exalted World Map 1 85dpi.jpg
7MB, 2890x1870px
Are there larger versions of the map then this?
>>
How do I play a Solar version of vid related in Exalted? I want to fix the setting by doing more than just kill the assholes ruining it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTvYh8ar3tc
>>
>>54292894
Well I'm certianly don't have the time to watch a whole 30 minute video, but if the title is anything to go by then sorcery. Make up an imitation having to do with elemental/gaia and go around blessing the lands and so on.
>>
>>54292949
Watch it when you do have time. It manages to be both Comfy and Moving at the same time.
>>
File: tumblr_ncorpcCC0N1tv3g49o1_1280.jpg (293KB, 826x530px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncorpcCC0N1tv3g49o1_1280.jpg
293KB, 826x530px
>>54292719

It's good, got anything else?
>>
>>54292599

Abyssal's aren't covered in roses man. It's a Wood Aspect. Don't forget they have life and death as part of their themes.
>>
File: HornedBrownHairMaleWarrior.jpg (870KB, 800x1046px) Image search: [Google]
HornedBrownHairMaleWarrior.jpg
870KB, 800x1046px
>>54292088

Depends on how kinda sorta you mean.
>>
File: Lunar6.jpg (157KB, 658x851px) Image search: [Google]
Lunar6.jpg
157KB, 658x851px
>>54293078

Some Lunar stuff can easily pass for modifications.
>>
File: ACatterpillerGirl.jpg (162KB, 600x1495px) Image search: [Google]
ACatterpillerGirl.jpg
162KB, 600x1495px
>>54293118
>>
File: Lunar Chimera.jpg (205KB, 1125x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Lunar Chimera.jpg
205KB, 1125x1024px
>>54293118

Speaking of Lunar stuff, this is my one and only image of a Chimera. Do you've anything you could post after?
>>
>>54287138
Not that guy, but that line of thinking is just stupid. You don't have to make something of equal or greater quality to criticize or dislike something.
>>
File: HornedLunar.jpg (475KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
HornedLunar.jpg
475KB, 707x1000px
>>54293137
>>54293144

Well shit, I don't really have any Chimera. In all my years GMing, have never once used them.
>>
File: Sorcerer of Tzeentch.jpg (474KB, 936x1840px) Image search: [Google]
Sorcerer of Tzeentch.jpg
474KB, 936x1840px
>>54293252

Just the weird, sorcerous, transhumanism the, if you have any more.
>>
File: BigEarthDemonThing.png (2MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BigEarthDemonThing.png
2MB, 853x1024px
>>54293362
>>
File: Sorceress3.jpg (444KB, 856x1472px) Image search: [Google]
Sorceress3.jpg
444KB, 856x1472px
>>54293385
>>
File: Fae6.jpg (137KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Fae6.jpg
137KB, 667x1000px
>>54293402
>>
File: FaeKnight9.jpg (890KB, 4703x2521px) Image search: [Google]
FaeKnight9.jpg
890KB, 4703x2521px
>>
File: FaeKnight7.jpg (343KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
FaeKnight7.jpg
343KB, 1000x1400px
>>54293437
>>
File: viral marketing.png (11KB, 400x260px) Image search: [Google]
viral marketing.png
11KB, 400x260px
>>54293144
That's not what chimera are anymore, though.
>>
File: HornedSorceress.jpg (206KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
HornedSorceress.jpg
206KB, 707x1000px
>>54293448
>>
File: FaeKnight17.jpg (564KB, 1060x2000px) Image search: [Google]
FaeKnight17.jpg
564KB, 1060x2000px
>>54293468
>>
File: FaeKnight5.jpg (388KB, 838x1500px) Image search: [Google]
FaeKnight5.jpg
388KB, 838x1500px
>>54293484
>>
File: SpiderLunar.jpg (190KB, 800x1060px) Image search: [Google]
SpiderLunar.jpg
190KB, 800x1060px
>>54293510
>>
Got any vaguely swashbuckling-themed Fae in your folder, anon?
>>
File: The Sixth Time.gif (47KB, 408x410px) Image search: [Google]
The Sixth Time.gif
47KB, 408x410px
>>54291975
>Okay so I wrote up this NPC with a ridiculously powerful artifact. It renders him immune to aging and mind control, and gives him super oath binding powers against anyone who swears loyalty to him. He's had this thing for centuries and has created the nearest thing to a fascist utopia anyone could conceive of.
>Alright, but how has he retained control of it for all this time?
>He has power over all these other mortals so he can do favors for elementals and petty gods and shit. They owe him.
>This artifact as you've written it is so fucking powerful that every elder exalt who knew of its existence would be an idiot if they didn't try to take it from him. A bunch of sidereals, a few lunars, and a lot of gods would be after it. And he couldn't stop them with what you've just explained to me.
>You don't pay me enough to account for that shit.
>Fair enough.

THE PERFECT OF PARAGON WAS PUREST HORSESHIT.
>>
File: Fae5.jpg (510KB, 530x808px) Image search: [Google]
Fae5.jpg
510KB, 530x808px
>>54293535
>>54293553

This one has a piratey feel to me. Probably the bandanna on his head.
>>
File: Pirate6.png (1MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Pirate6.png
1MB, 853x1024px
>>54293575
>>
File: GogoB&W.jpg (253KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
GogoB&W.jpg
253KB, 500x707px
>>54293594

Also this. Because for some reason, Gogo reminds me of a weird pirate thing. Dunno why.
>>
File: AirAspect4.jpg (509KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
AirAspect4.jpg
509KB, 1000x1414px
>>54293615
>>
How much does pregnancy affect an exalt's ability to kick ass?
>>
File: Solar22.jpg (69KB, 564x751px) Image search: [Google]
Solar22.jpg
69KB, 564x751px
>>54293677

It doesn't until super late term, because Exalt's don't show until then, plus they have a longer birth cycle. Full year VS 9 months.
>>
>>54293677
Little to none. a -1 or -2 to your pools, maybe, like being sick.
>>
>>54293677
For DBs at least the pregnancy doesn't even show until 5 months in and the mother isn't really limited physically until 13 months, with the pregnancy taking the full 15 months of Creation's year.

I also imagine they're probably up and back on their feet pretty quickly after childbirth, I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible for a DB to give birth in the morning and go fight that evening in battle.
>>
>>54293557
Use your imagination
>The convention of oversight put out an official order banning interference
>The perfect decided he would kill every single person who bore the mark if someone tried to take it, and no one's a big enough asshole to try anyways
>There are bigger fish to fry than some random fucko in the middle of the south and his pet project
>He's super fucking rich and paid a sorcerer to do workings on his palace that make it fucking impossible to get the drop on him
>>
>>54293881
How about
>The perfect made the staff itself swear to serve him loyally.
>>
>>54293881
>and no one's a big enough asshole to try anyways

Clearly not true. Creation's brimming with people more than big enough.
>>
Are there any sort of heavenly laws or general taboos against exalts pursuing romantic relationships with celestial gods?
>>
File: Nun.png (2MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Nun.png
2MB, 853x1024px
>>54295630

None that I'm aware of. Time to take that volcano Goddess down to the bone zone.
>>
>>54295695
Good, that means all I have to think about is the general fallout. One of my players just fell in love with the goddess of peace in the south
>>
File: Farmer.jpg (177KB, 630x720px) Image search: [Google]
Farmer.jpg
177KB, 630x720px
>>54295717

What kind of fallout?
>>
Alright /exg/ I have to ask, Am I the only one that finds Solars boring as shit?
>tfw you love the setting and want to play but literally every game you find is the worst faction only.
>>
>>54295783
How the various parts of heaven might react should this come to light. The only one that immediately jumps to mind is that she works for Yo-Ping in the bureau of heaven who also happens to be one of the three leaders of white wall. Other than that I need to go through the books again.
>>
File: Solar8.png (1MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Solar8.png
1MB, 853x1024px
>>54295803

Yes. But then again, I'm the kind of guy that prefers to make things whole cloth than rely on the game to spoon feed me everything for my background.
>>
>>54288237
Use Crane Style.

Build up weaknesses and initiative and then slap them with a decisive counter. Use the social actions to "fufufufu" or tell them all is according to keikaku.
>>
It's been more than a year and they STILL haven't released a splat?

Are they missing their deadlines *again*?
>>
>>54296112
depends on what you mean by they
>>
>>54296112

They fired the lead devs for holding the line hostage in a bid for more money. Now the game is progressing in development again.

tl;dr "Exalted 3E is a fucking circus".
>>
>>54296155
>They fired the lead devs for holding the line hostage in a bid for more money.
I've been gone for a year, gimme the delicious deets.
>>
>>54296165

I just did. Morke and Holden were bitching about writing so much (more than their contract told them to write), and not being paid for it. They basically said "Fuck you then we're not doing anything".

Instantly fired. They must have been completely retarded.
>>
>>54295803
No I also find them boring.

I wish dragonbloods and solars were switched and that aspects affected dragonbloods more.
>>
>>54295803
I find them fleshed out enough to be interesting
>>
Exalted virgin here, about to start in a friend's campaign. Reading all the links and through the thread but in the meantime anyone have advice (or warnings) for a babby? It's a Solar only campaign and right now I'm leaning toward Night with heavy emphasis toward charm-assisted archery. TIA for your wisdom!
>>
>>54293557
Every elder Exalt and similarly powerful entity also has reasons to not want other elder Exalts to get something that powerful. A mortal, on the other hand, is relatively harmless, even with such an artifact. Cunningly using such attitudes to set himself as a part of status quo that would be more trouble than its worth for anyone to break could've conceivably let the Perfect survive and keep his scepter.
>>
>>54295803
call me lame but I really adore them, something about the whole against the world and fuck you pay me mentality really is nice, not to say I don't think other exalts are cool but I like Solars a lot
>>
>>54293557

Who *can* take it? The handful of Solars are all in hiding. The Lunars have other worries, and ruling openly is really hard. Sidereals won't use it, but they're grateful for the stability the Paragon's bringing. Dragon-blooded have the difficulty of the Paragon being surrounded by a heavily armed nation that is absolutely loyal to him.

Shit's hard.
>>
File: doshow.jpg (198KB, 885x1080px) Image search: [Google]
doshow.jpg
198KB, 885x1080px
>>54293019
>>
File: download_0.jpg (278KB, 590x800px) Image search: [Google]
download_0.jpg
278KB, 590x800px
>>54298314
>>
File: 1365373856545.jpg (110KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
1365373856545.jpg
110KB, 565x800px
>>54298361
>>
File: 1461694700348.jpg (33KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
1461694700348.jpg
33KB, 678x960px
>>54298382
>>
>>54296467

Invest heavily in your Supernal, it's the only stat you can buy high level charms for right away. Put 5 in your main abilities and attributes, and pick up a specialty. Archery is good but Thrown has better synergy with Stealth, and look up Ebon Shadow Style if you're looking for any close combat. It might be a good idea to bump up Integrity so you don't end up as someones bitch, and Sorcery is good enough that the only reason to not start with it is for concept reasons.
>>
>>54281890
Just want to say as a long-time Sidereal player, that OP pic is an excellent non-setting example of what Yu Shan is/should be like.
>>
>>54298584
Looking for as far from close combat as possible. The character is someone who lies her way out of any fight she doesn't start and only starts them if she knows she's got a massive advantage (usually involving a lot of distance) on the enemy. Archery was more of a concept idea than a specific mechanical preference; thrown or even sorc could be subbed in as long as it keeps the flavor of "sniping at you from far away". I'm familiar with WW/oWoD generally, it's the setting I'm super new to. Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>54298789

>Looking for as far from close combat as possible.

While Archery is good at killing blows and zone control, Thrown is good at dishing out damage quickly, and when combined with Stealth, can often end the fight immediately. Larceny has a surprising numbeg of social charms o get out of trouble.
>>
>>54288307
I stole of bunch of charms from crumblepunches wood dragon style.
>>
>>54298942
Nice, thanks! I was gonna overlook Larceny entirely based on not wanting to be a pickpocket or thief but on second look it seems there's a lot more to it than that.

Probably a stupid question, but since my DM's asleep and I'm having trouble finding a definitive answer: Are you allowed to call out charm effects if a previous action makes them suddenly possible, or do you have to game out all the possible charms you want to use in a turn before attempting your move? Desperately hoping the former because there's just no way I'm going to be able to game that all out.

For example, I'm looking at Falling Icicle Strike: "To use this Charm, the Exalt must succeed at an ambush and launch a decisive attack against her target. Falling Icicle Strike doubles successes on the damage roll." Does the ambush -> decisive -> charm progression have to be called out beforehand, or can you chain them together as serendipity permits?
>>
>>54299165

I reckon that that would be allowed, but you better take it up with your DM because it can be a bit ambiguous.
>>
>>54296112
>>54296155
>>54296165
>>54296174
Jesus, the shit you miss when you don't pay attention to what's going on. I know people hated them a lot for this and that... but now I'm worried we're going to see 3e become 2e 2.0
>>
>>54299165

In 3e it's less clear when that happens.

In 2e the attacker *must* declare all their offensive charms and actions then the defender must declare all of their charms then the roll happens (Except Resistance charms which only applied after you got hit)

One of the only thing 2e got right, as a lot of the people I know of still use the 2e check method.

So yes, the Ambush -> Decisive -> Charm progression needs to be called out beforehand.
>>
>>54293881
>Convention on Oversight
>discussing EX3

Choose one, as they say, because Oversight won't be showing up in this edition.
>>
File: ASolarQueenSuikoden6.jpg (121KB, 680x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ASolarQueenSuikoden6.jpg
121KB, 680x1000px
>>54299258

The guys that replaced them immeadiately set to answering peoples questions and actually being involved in the community, so I think we just dodged a bullet is all.
>>
>>54293775

Off the top of my head, didn't the Roseblack's mother give birth to her on campaign and then have her personal armorer rig up her armor so she could breast feed while in the midst of stabbing some rebellious fuckers to death? I get the sense that it's considered to be a bit out there for the Scarlet Dynasty, since her own father was pissed as all hell at her for risking the child, but a reasonable indication of their recovery time.
>>
>>54300916
[Citation needed]
I mean sure, they might not, but I haven't heard any dev talk saying so and it seems like a random thing to decide to strip away
>>
>>54299258
Vance and Minton are in charge now, and they've done good work on the 3E core already.
>>
>>54296155
>>54296165
>>54299258
That's a very one-sided version of the story.
Holdemorke's version has Rich deciding to use a lot of material cut from the Core for somewhere else, then refusing to pay them for said material under the condition that it was neither covered by thev Core contract, because cut, nor by the new publication contract, because precedently written and already OPP's property.
The truth ios probably somewhere in the middle. What is certain is that in these 5 years not only Holdemorke, but Rich too has royally mismanaged the product itself and communication lines with the fans (censoring wrongthink, the whole refunds debacle) and now I'm genuinely convinced Exalted has lost too much goodwill from its fans to recover. It also remain to see wether Paradox will let Opp keep managing what is now their intellectual propriety.
All in all I'd say Holden and Morke got what was coming for them and there's a good chance Rich may soon as well.
>>
Speaking of, I know all the directional war gods got detailed in their relevant compass in 2e, but have any of the directional peace gods ever been given any attention? Because as far as I'm aware they get name dropped in one place in compass yu shan and never brought up again
>>
is blazing solar bolt the only sword beam charm in melee or am I retarded?
>>
>>54305930
standstorm wind attack, and iron raptor technique if you want to count that
>>
>>54306012
cool, thanks felt like there was more
>>
Is it okay to try to recruit for my Exalted 3e game here?
>>
>>54306418
I mean its allowed sure, not sure how much luck you'll have
>>
File: WoodAspect6.jpg (439KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
WoodAspect6.jpg
439KB, 600x800px
>>54306418

It's 4chan, do you really want to recruit from here?
>>
>>54306418

By all means. There are people desperate enough.

Like me. Oh god save me from being a forever GM.
>>
Okay so hold up a second. The great western ocean is salt water right? Is the inner sea and the rivers connected to it running through the north and east fresh water? Does it have some abrupt change somewhere?
>>
>>54306763
Presumably the gods of the tributary sources made a deal with the local ocean god that somewhere along the way they'd transition from one to the other. You could probably make a plot hook about that, if you wanted to.
>>
>>54306507
That looks more like an Abyssal to me.
>>
File: AbyssalKnight3.jpg (784KB, 1329x710px) Image search: [Google]
AbyssalKnight3.jpg
784KB, 1329x710px
>>54308970

It's got flowers growing out of it. At worst, it's a 'Death Aspected Wood Aspect'.
>>
File: Solar23.jpg (469KB, 834x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Solar23.jpg
469KB, 834x1000px
>>
>>54309638
There are flowers growing in shadowlands as well. Hell, I'm pretty sure there are flowers in the Underworld. What's growing on and around that girl seems just like the kind of creepy, death-tainted approximation of life that would be appropriate for an Abyssal.
>>
File: 1371701520048.jpg (240KB, 845x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1371701520048.jpg
240KB, 845x1125px
So, how does everyone think Infernals are going to work in 3E?
>>
>>54310106
It's way to early to speculate, and even if you thought the preview meant anything to begin with before it's likely worthless now with the change in lead devs. I'd say mostly like they did before, with less horrible fluff and of course charms updated for the new not shit systems. Though given how reclamation centric everything was in 2e its hard to say
>>
>>54310266
Fair enough. I kinda imagine that, rather than having any sort of overarching plan, they choose who to exalt based purely on how much it screws over the plans of the other exalts/gods.

"Oh, a sworn brotherhood of outcaste Dragon-Blooded is clearing out a petty bandit kingdom to secure their own nation? Sure would be a shame of one of those bandits became a raging nuclear monster, wouldn't it?"
>>
>>54310393
I imagine the reclemation will still be around in a 'the yozi refuse to admit that they lost and hold on to any dim hope they can of freedom' sense, but with more emphasis put on the fact that it's not happening, instead of every other page saying oh boy but maybe it totally could happen!
>>
>>54302456
What did they do?
>>
>>54310106

Besides "Being Ability Based?" Who knows? Infernal Monster Style will doubtlessly become Infernal Brawl, and the 2e charmset will be chopped up and partitioned among the abilities?
>>
>>54310596
I can only imagine he means the questions answered in the ask the devs thread, but I'm not sure that's really much to talk about given most of those questions were pretty clear already.
They did that big thread + two arms previews + jump-starting the antagonists thing, mostly all in the name of keeping interest up well the polish off arms and dragon blooded while getting into the swing of being full devs. Honestly I imagine it's been a pretty stressful few months for them, but we'll see how things turn out.
>>
Is there a good guide to running combat? I get it mechanically, but every time my party gets into a fight it starts to slog.
>>
File: BlueSwordsman.png (612KB, 500x809px) Image search: [Google]
BlueSwordsman.png
612KB, 500x809px
>>54313346

Learning the rules is the usual best helper for combat. Most slow combats I've had in my life have usually been to people not knowing the rules, more than the system itself.
>>
What are some common houserules people use. Mostly looking for the more universally applicable ones that fix things about the system that aren't so good rather than stuff you'd apply to a specific campaign or to achieve a certain feel. I think some people tweak sorcerous working costs, for example.
>>
>>54313818

Toss out MA Merit is the first thing I've seen in just about every game.
>>
>>54310683
>Besides "Being Ability Based?" Who knows?
Now that Holden and Morke are out of the way I hope that goes in the trash too.
Infernals having Yozi Charms and conceptual Excellencies was what set them apart from green-painted Solars, a fan favorite and introduced some cool metaphysical truths about one of the most mysterious group in the setting.
Of course Holden couldn't have players actually know ehat Yozi were because they aren't responsible enough to have the right kind of fun with it. Better to keep players in the dark. For their own good.
>>
>>54309638
>>54310045
Don't forget the whole Romance of the Grave thing.

Abyssals can easily be the emo type with a skull and rose tattoo, wearing a Three Wolf Moon shirt who asks "Do you Catan?"
>>
>>54306717

Send me an e-mail at [email protected], and attach a summary of a character you've made, whatever you think is your best character. Also attach a an RP log so I can see what your style is like.
>>
>>54310596

vance wrote every single MA in 3e besides Steel Devil. which explains a lot about why steel devil is the way it is.
>>
>>54314210
I agree I liked the yozi charms especially the custom ones that were made later on for Hegra Oramus, and Elloge.

However as we all no Infernals are limited to discounts on only two yozi and when more than five were introduced that created problems. If they do recreate 2e yozi charms but separate them by ability instead of yozi then that might work.

Though in the end I doubt it'll matter because I expect 3e to be canceled before we get to Infernals.
>>
>>54315195
>vance wrote every single MA in 3e besides Steel Devil
This certainly inspires confidence when it comes time to do SMA and Sidereals in general, though Holden was a fanboy of them like myself, so I'm still missing him for now.

I'm not blind to the mismanagement of the Exalted IP by him and Morke, what with the way that it was just taking forever for anything to come out for the gameline, but their 'vision' of Exalted closely matched mine, and frankly I was happy to see them dragging the game and fanbase, kicking and screaming, back to something like what it was in the 1e days.

>>54314210
It's the midichlorian thing again.
>>
>>54316266
>It's the midichlorian thing again.
You'll have to elaborate on that.
>>
>>54316856
Star Wars has the force. In the original trilogy it's not explained where it comes from except in the loosest sense. If you're strong in the force, you can sense it on someone through the force.

The prequel trilogy decides that the Force comes from midichlorians in your blood. Higher the midichlorian count in your blood sample, stronger in the force you are.
>>
>>54315195

Didn't he also do Sorcery?
>>
>>54314652

Which has two issues:

1) Games I've been in for 3e so far often imploded within the first three sessions.

2) The last time we had a game with a proper conclusion was after shards was released like eons ago. I could get the logs but-

3) I'm on vacation for nearly two weeks, there's no way I can get them until after that. I could get people who could vouch for me pretty easily though. If you don't mind seeing an ST side of things, I could show you logs of that easily as I'm basically a forever GM.

As a forever GM I understand how hard it is to find new players, shit it took so long in one of games I said to hell with it and just ran with two players. Rest assuredly I'm not an asshole.
>>
Has anyone tried using Volcano Cutter? If so, did you house-rule it to make it less boring in the average fight?
>>
>>54316956
The entire chapter, yes.
>>
>>54313818
Most tables use a Craft rework of some kind. Either just cut down on the outrageous numbers of charms or actually change the system.

At my table I just changed the system to make Crafting XP a bonus you can use rather then a requirement to Craft and got rid of Crafting slots entirely. By doing that I cut out 25 charms related to those two things and brought the tree down to the charm average of other trees.
>>
>>54316266
>frankly I was happy to see them dragging the game and fanbase, kicking and screaming, back to something like what it was in the 1e days

But it's nothing like 1E. It's just as far from it as 2E was. It flat out breaks several out of universe rules 1E set up, even.
>>
>>54319397

give examples to a new guy
>>
>>54319480

The first and easiest is "You can't Exalt the dead or bring the dead back to life". Dead is dead in Exalted. Thats why, for example, you've got Deathlords instead of undead Solars, and Abyssals are 100% alive. So whats the first thing 3E does? Dead Exalts with the Liminals. Blah blah Promethean who gives a fuck. You're mincing words if you try to defend this, Liminals are dead body parts given an Exaltion. That is 100% in violation of the rule.
>>
>>54319822
You ever play an alchemical?

You know. That exalt that is a bunch of not alive parts and then is given life through the exaltation process.

Also the rule is part of the "actions have consequences" part of exalted, which Liminals as a new life entirely, don't go against.
>>
>>54319822
Liminals aren't dead, they didn't exist prior to coming to life. Their Exaltation is effectively their birth. They aren't beholden to the person whose body they were born into.

And the person that died isn't suddenly come back to life, they are replaced with a whole different person.

It's not a Ghost getting an Exaltation, it's not a zombie getting an Exaltation, it's not an Exaltation bringing someone back to life with super powers. The person that died is still dead and the person who has the Exaltation was freshly born.
>>
>>54319822
>bullshitting about how unlike 1e things are
>just so you can bitch about the new Exalts that you don't like
Piss off.
>>
>>54319927
>That exalt that is a bunch of not alive parts and then is given life through the exaltation process

Alchemicals are made of clay, which was never alive. tl;dr A robot isn't alive, but is a robot a zombie? No, no it fucking isn't, you retard.

>>54319957
>Liminals aren't dead

Made of dead bodies and parts. Literally, 100% dead. Sorry, goes against the rule.

>>54319965

How 'bout you fuck off instead of blindly sucking dev cock of every hunk of shit they try to shove into the game?
>>
>>54320060
>making a new lifeform out of dead parts is the same as bringing a dead person back to life
Keep whining like a bitch.
>>
>>54320060
>Made of dead bodies and parts. Literally, 100% dead.
They aren't dead people brought back to life, so no.
>>
They're nothing like zombies, they're basically homonculi from Fullmetal Alchemist.
>>
>>54313818
Use the BP chart doubled as XP chart
No training times
Craft charms and such that give crafting xp at the end of the each story also give that ammount at the start of the game
WST refunds xp on a fail
>>
>>54316898
Except, Midichlorians affecting force use is just a theory that Qui-gon has spread.
>>
>>54319822
>you've got Deathlords instead of undead Solars,
That's a terrible example because deathlords are undead solars in all but title. You can dance around it all you want saying they don't have the actual spark but they can use every single solar char, plus solar circle sorcery, plus sidereal martial arts. That's a solar, straight up
>>
>>54320314
>fan theories
>>
>>54320060
Guy, not liking Liminals is fine, I'm not sure if I like their design space. But needlessly bitching about their origin in a seriously pedantic way is not the right way to make your case.
>>
So in a scenario where lookshy, or any other major power really, decides to go to war with thorns, heaven would support the mortal side right? Like the war gods would support their troops and try and push out the deathlords and so on
>>
>>54318745
Volcano Cutter is more than boring, it's absolute shit. Your primary feature attacks your own teammates, and most fights don't even last long enough for it to be worth having.

Write your own artifact before you even consider using that piece of shit.
>>
>>54295803
They're as boring as you are. Unlike the other exalts, you're not handed themes and motifs. For a Solar you have to provide your own. They're as boring as a blank canvas, but as the artist that's your responsibility.
>>
>>54298168
>The handful of Solars are all in hiding.
Every time my character faces an enemy says: "I am the Nameless King, chosen of the sun!" And then his castemark flares.
>>
>>54293881
>The convention of oversight put out an official order banning interference
Doesn't account for lunars, abyssals, infernals, fey, cults, stray demons, and anyone with a rebellious bug up their ass.

>The perfect decided he would kill every single person who bore the mark if someone tried to take it, and no one's a big enough asshole to try anyways
All hail the dumbest thing said in this thread.

>There are bigger fish to fry than some random fucko in the middle of the south and his pet project
And the second dumbest thing. The staff raises stamina, charisma, manipulation, perception, intelligence, and wits by one. It makes you immune to terrestrial and celestial sorcery, aging, unnatural mental influence, and disease. People who swears oaths to you and break them just fucking die if you want them to. You can share the senses of any oathbearer for free and hijack a mortal oathbearer's body for 3m. You can cause pain to an oathbearer for 1m. You soak lethal and bashing damage with stamina and heal quickly. Celestial users of the staff get a few more powers in addition. Only solar sorcery can remove the oath mark. The paragon is a small fish, the staff is one of the most powerful tools for building empires in the setting.

>He's super fucking rich and paid a sorcerer to do workings on his palace that make it fucking impossible to get the drop on him
I'm talking about 2e, here.
>>
>>54297623
Going by that logic they'd seek to destroy the staff, not leave it in the hands of a mortal. And that really doesn't hold up to the scale of time involved, he's had it for something like 270 years. Someone would've succeeded at taking it in that span of time. It probably would've changed hands many times.

>>54298168
Uh, there are 150 Solars and a few of them aren't hiding at all. The Bull and his entire circle, Dace, the insane Essence 6 dude in the east. And that doesn't account for all of the fey, gods, infernals, abyssals, deathlords, and other fuckers who'd want it too. The staff would be of immense assistance to any kind of essence user interested in doing anything. It bumps six of your attributes and makes you immune to aging, disease, unnatural mental influence, terrestrial sorcery, and celestial sorcery, on top of the oath binding powers. Those immunities are so useful.
>>
>>54293557
Simple. Creation is big and most people are probably unaware of paragon's existence. I doubt most people even in the south know about it, and certainly not someone like ma ha suchi or whoever else. The deathlords might but until like five years ago they'd get incinerated if they set foot on creation. Also contrary to what some people like >>54321561 seem to think, artifacts don't magically advertise their exact powers. Even people living in paragon aren't going to know that it magically makes him more buff, immune to sorcery, and lets him see through their eyes, let alone someone on the opposite end of creation.
>>
File: Exalted (2).jpg (354KB, 950x755px) Image search: [Google]
Exalted (2).jpg
354KB, 950x755px
>>54321639

Anon finally realizes the problem of trying to do anything with mortals in Exalted. Which is fine. Exalted isn't a game of mortals. If a mortal is ever in power for any reason, it is because something hasn't paid any interest to it. Unfortunately, you do sometimes get situations like Paragon or The Guild, where you pretty much can't come up with a single good reason these people haven't been killed or completely taken over by Exalt's (or fae, or...etc) long ago, because they have literally no defense against some social master reducing them to a cock sleeve, or some combat king just murdering the shit out of all of them.
>>
>>54310106
Ability-based, point-build Shintai transformation system to replace Supernals, Lilun replaced with actual phylacteries a la Modern Exalted and other edgy shit toned down.
>>
>>54322094
And yet Paragon and the Guild are core fixtures of every edition of Exalted as examples of what mortals can do.
>>
>>54322250

They are, but at the same time are also examples of things in Exalted that don't gel well with the setting, because they would've long since been overtaken by Exalt's because they're worth so much or would be way too useful otherwise.
>>
>>54310106

From what I've heard, the DBs are going to get something that empowers or grants exclusive access to certain charms based on their aspect or house, and the Infernals will get the same thing, depending on their patron.
>>
>>54299095
Thanks. That was actually a good place to start looking.
>>
>>54322313
How would you take over something as decentralized as the Guild? Aside from that, mortals with resources actually can take precautions against both social monsters - such as not meeting them directly, instead handling things through proxies - and combat monsters - such as by hiring other combat monsters.
>>
>>54322411
Are you referring to Signature Charms, in which each Dragon-Blooded ability tree is primarily built around one Aspect but each tree has 5 Essence 3 charms, one from each element, that are exclusive (can't take the other 4 once you've taken one). I could see that working for Infernals. I would definitely love to see a signature Malfean Linguistics charm or SWLiHN Ride charm.
>>
>>54317978
Doesn't have to be for Exalted, just looking to see what sort of player you are.

Sending a scene you STed would be fine, just try to pick one which showcases your RP style, so I can get an idea of what you'll be like on the player side.

If you can't think of your favorite/best PC, or have trouble figuring out a good summary because it's been a while since you played them, you can send some information on an NPC you used while STing which you really liked, preferably one that gives an idea of what you'd like to play. A GMPC would actually be good here.
>>
>>54322573

Something similar to that. I might be misremembering due to not having read the quote in a while.
>>
>>54322068
>Simple. Creation is big and most people are probably unaware of paragon's existence.
And most who do know about it probably consider all this talk about magically enforced obedience to the law as just stories.

>artifacts don't magically advertise their exact powers. Even people living in paragon aren't going to know that it magically makes him more buff, immune to sorcery, and lets him see through their eyes, let alone someone on the opposite end of creation.
This is also a good point. An artifact that makes people feel like shit if they break the law and don't tell an official about it is pretty useful, but if that's all you know about the scepter, there are limits to how far you shpuld be willing to go to acquire it.

One thing people seem to be forgetting is that Paragon is the Realm's ally. The Realm may not care all that much about the place, but some amount of protection can be expected, especially if some filthy Anathema might get their hands on a powerful artifact. The Empress might have liked having the scepter for herself, but the rest of the Dynasty probably wouldn't have been too keen on that, and the Empress wasn't actually in a position where she could compeltely ignire the views of the Great Houses. Losing the scepter would've also weakened Paragon, making it less useful as an ally. Leaving power in the hands of someone who can't make full use of it but is inclined to side with you can make a considerable amount of sense.
>>
>>54322573
I think what he means is the DB preview way back when postulated that they might make house specific charms. Even in that though they stressed that it was super unsure and they might through it out, so I'm guessing it's gone and things like elemental aura and signature charms replaced it. Also I'm not sure all signature charms are going to be essence 3.
>>
>>54322571
>How would you take over something as decentralized as the Guild?

They have an actual board of directors that you can take over.
>>
>>54304262
Oddly, the division of peace and division of war have opposite problems. Both have representative gods for each direction and then one leader
The division of war has each directional god explained in the relevant compass, but the head, E-Naluna is namedropped and never detailed
The division of peace's head, Yo-Ping is detailed because he's one of the rulers of whitewall, but the directional gods are namedropped and never detailed to my knowledge.
>>
>>54322961
Actual board of directors with very limited control over the 'regional branches' of the Guild. The Guild is closer to a network of co-operating merchants than to a modern day corporation.
>>
>>54322068
Sure, Creation had a large surface area in 2E and not everyone is going to be able to identify the features the staff has beyond the obvious ones like immortality and oath binding. But that just narrows down the list of people who'd want to take it to the following categories: Beings interested in building empires who live in the south and have therefore heard of the Perfect and his staff, beings interested in building empires who have an extremely widespread information network, and anyone who does have the power to analyze artifacts at a distance and has passed through Paragon. Keeping in mind that paragon had the staff for 270 years and didn't use to be as powerful and influential as he is now, the cutoff point for the raw power required to take the thing is pretty low beginning. The first category will include a bunch of elementals, gods, godblooded, fey, and exalts who live in the south. The second category will include elder lunars, leaders of dynastic houses, leaders of gens, deathlords, powerful gods, powerful elementals, and powerful fey. The third category will include a random smattering of beings.

TL;DR your argument sucks and there are still dozens if not hundreds of beings ranging from E2 to E10 who'd take the fucking thing.
>>
>>54322250
Saying that something is a central fixture of a setting is irrelevant as to whether or not it damages the verisimilitude of that setting.

>>54322571
>How would you take over something as decentralized as the Guild?
It's stated without equivocation in The Masters of Jade that the return of the Solars means the absolute end of the Guild. The Guild will try to get Solars to join up but the Lunars aren't having that shit and it'll be made worse by Sidereals getting involved. The Guild will be subverted with bribes, sorcery, and social charms at first, and then out-competed and sometimes brutally slaughtered later.

>such as not meeting them directly
Linguistics charms can be applied to written letters and more. You can get creative, hide a UMI imbued message inside a painting and gift it or just hang it somewhere you know they'll go.
>>
>>54323229
You're really overestimating both the number of people who would want, know about, and be able to take it.
Gods and elementals are likely totally uninterested given both that going by 2e stats the paragon could beat up most terrestrial deities himself and also trying to do anything with the staff is SUPER illegal and would have them lynched in under a month. That and most of them are corrupt lazy assholes who just hang around forcing mortals to worship them and so on.
God blooded aren't super common and again, usually weaksauce.
Fey are pretty pathetic by 2e mechanics, plus probably to crazy to care, plus would likely die before reaching paragon either through a wyld hunt or calcification. And what the hell would they even do with it, given that they aren't really into the whole ruling mortals business are they.
Can you name any elder lunars living in the south close enough to know about it? As far as I know they're all in the east and then leviathan in the west.
No dynastic houses live close enough to know about it that I know of, plus by now most are too focused on the civil war brewing to give a damn.
Deathlords gain literally nothing from the staff going by 2e stats, they're already invincible.
>>
>>54322839
>And most who do know about it probably consider all this talk about magically enforced obedience to the law as just stories.
>An artifact that makes people feel like shit if they break the law and don't tell an official about it is pretty useful, but if that's all you know about the scepter, there are limits to how far you shpuld be willing to go to acquire it.
People fucking keel over and die if you break certain laws, retard. Once a city reaches a certain size it draws spies from cautious neighbors, and that isn't even necessary because the laws and the oath binding are explained to anyone who wants to trade inside Paragon or become a citizen. And paragon is a popular trade hub that has existed for about 470 years. Everyone in that region of the world knows about the oath binding.
>>
>>54323624
>Everyone in that region of the world
"Region of the world" referring to, of course, an area significantly smaller than the entire South.
>>
>>54322677

Cool, give me some time to poke some of the other players so I can get them to send me a log.
>>
>>54323605
>Gods and elementals are likely totally uninterested given both that going by 2e stats the paragon could beat up most terrestrial deities himself and also trying to do anything with the staff is SUPER illegal and would have them lynched in under a month.
Once again you're failing to account for the scope of the time involved here. The Perfect has actually had the Staff in his possession for 577 years and Paragon was founded 470 years before the current date. The Perfect wasn't so strong 400 years ago and people knew about the staff by then. Even at the current date he'd still be utterly crushed by an Essence 4 Lunar, god, elemental, etc. He's got White Veil Style, Jade Mountain Style, Terrestrial Hero Style, and a buttload of Terrestrial spells, but only 23 uncommitted motes, 8 willpower, and some shitty silk armor. All that mojo and no fuel for it. Okay, let's assume it's the current date and he has his pet Solar eclipse caste with him, plus a couple dragonblooded body guards an elemental he made a deal with. Still gets ragdoll'd by an E5 lunar, E6 at most.

>>54323605
>Can you name any elder lunars living in the south close enough to know about it?
Off the top of my head, FUCKING TAMUZ. He's E8, lives around Chiascuro with the Delzahn because he led them, and was alive when the Scepter and Orb of Peace were still being used by their creators in the First Age. And you're forgetting that the Silver Pact shares information, and that members of the same society share even more information with each other.

>No dynastic houses live close enough to know about it that I know of, plus by now most are too focused on the civil war brewing to give a damn.
PARAGON IS RIGHT ON THE EDGE OF THE INLAND FUCKING SEA YOU DENSE FUCK. THE ONLY WAY IT COULD BE CLOSER IS IF IT WERE INSIDE THE REALM ITSELF. And once again: 470 years of history. 470 years for spies to arrive and information to disseminate via trade. The Scarlet Empress only vanished five years ago.
>>
>>54324129
>PARAGON IS RIGHT ON THE EDGE OF THE INLAND FUCKING SEA YOU DENSE FUCK. THE ONLY WAY IT COULD BE CLOSER IS IF IT WERE INSIDE THE REALM ITSELF. And once again: 470 years of history. 470 years for spies to arrive and information to disseminate via trade. The Scarlet Empress only vanished five years ago.
>>54322839
>One thing people seem to be forgetting is that Paragon is the Realm's ally. The Realm may not care all that much about the place, but some amount of protection can be expected, especially if some filthy Anathema might get their hands on a powerful artifact. The Empress might have liked having the scepter for herself, but the rest of the Dynasty probably wouldn't have been too keen on that, and the Empress wasn't actually in a position where she could compeltely ignire the views of the Great Houses. Losing the scepter would've also weakened Paragon, making it less useful as an ally. Leaving power in the hands of someone who can't make full use of it but is inclined to side with you can make a considerable amount of sense.
>>
>>54324129
You're still ignoring the part's where most gods in the area are to lazy to care and would get executed for trying to make even one mortal swear to them using the staff. That and you seem to be forgetting how horseshit spirit charms are in 2e, the eclipse caste he's with has like three melee charms and thats still enough to take just about everything up to a war god.
Chiascuro is like 400-500 miles away from paragon, in a time with no forms of long distance travel or communication. Well, that and in 2e the lunar elders might as well not exists. I can't think of a single time they did anything other than sit around and jack off all day in wherever the fuck it is they live and working on their own pet projects.
I forgot how close it actually was honestly but that only helps paragon. It means anyone who tries to start shit likely has to go through DB's and piss of the realm to do it, which is an awful idea.
>>
>>54323605
>Deathlords gain literally nothing from the staff going by 2e stats
Except outright immunity to terrestrial sorcery, celestial sorcery, and UMI, sensory clairvoyance, and absolute rulership that requires a seven mote commitment instead of repeated charm use. Oh, and the knowledge that nobody else can use it.

>"Region of the world" referring to, of course, an area significantly smaller than the entire South.
Everybody from Gem to Chiascuro to Varangia knows about the Perfect and his toy, my fuckboy. If you actually read The Compass of Terrestial Directions: The South you wouldn't be vomiting out factually wrong speculation. Plus a bunch of Guild factors and merchant princes know. And the leaders of every dynastic house. And Lunar elders.

>>54324198
Alright, fine, dude. The Empress couldn't take the scepter for herself and would arguably succeed at stopping other terrestrials from taking it for themselves. But then you have to account for rogue gods, rogue elementals, lunars of Essence 5 and up, fey of whatever Essence (I've never read up on their mechanics because everyone hollers about them being dogshit), and Deathlords. And there would totally be some gods and elementals willing to risk it all for that kind of cult-building tool. Ignoring that the book for the south never mentioned a Wyld Hunt contingent being permanently fucking stationed there to prevent the Perfect from losing his scepter, that would be a huge drain on resources even if it were made canon. This all just loops back to what was mentioned in the beginning: It would make infinitely more sense if a Sidereal had just destroyed the scepter once it came to the Fellowship's attention.
>>
>>54324688
>Except outright immunity to terrestrial sorcery, celestial sorcery
Don't need it, they have scene long perfects cheaper than any sorcery in the game + countermagic with larger mote pools than any one else in creation I can think of. Same with social perfects and UMI plus the sensory thing from those retarded high essence awareness and investigation charms. Also in case you forget the deathlords don't really want to rule, they're trying to murder the whole of creation
There is literally nothing the scepter can do that 'every single solar and abyssal charm plus all sorcery and necromancy spells' cant.
>>
>>54324688
>>54324732
Oh right, and lest I forget, up until like a decade ago when the empress dissappered the real reason was that she would likely just whip out the entire city with the realm defense grid before she let them get to it.
>>
>>54324732
You're missing the point. The Scepter of Peace only requires a seven mote commitment and does ALL of that bullshit. And nobody else would be able to use it.
>>
>>54324877
So? It's still literally more effort to go get it then to use their native powers. The only time it would be more useful if in some insane series of events they ended up going against 3+ sorcerers at once, which is really not going to happen given that they all live in giant death palaces in the underworld. Hell, exalted sorcerers at that, because they can outright murder any mortal with a single mote.
>>
>>54324823
>she would likely just whip out the entire city with the realm defense grid before she let them get to it.
I'm shrugging IRL because that's not an unreasonable assertion, which just means that Paragon should be a smoking crater by the current date. It should've been made into a shadowland centuries ago.
>>
>>54323094
Man I hope we get some sort of yu shan spirit book in 3e. It'd be nice to have stat blocks for bureau and division heads that aren't literally the exact same 5 stat blocks over and over.
>>
>>54281890
That is a webcomic series called "Kill SIx Billion Demons."
It is quite good.
>>
>>54324931

I don't recall all the lore and maybe I'm that corrupted my vision of Creation. From what I remember Fair Folk almost won but were pushed back at the last moment. Also when 7 Tiger Generals were ransacking Threshold empress did nothing. She only obliterated them when their army reached the shore of Blessed Island.

With that I always assumed Empress isn't strong enough to protect anything beyond the shores or the Blessed Island and Fair Folk were scarred by her bluff and decided to run back into the Wyld.
>>
>>54325878
Yes, I am aware.
>>
>>54325922
The Realm Defense Grid can hit any target on or within the bordermarches, but if the target is outside the Blessed Isle its accuracy drops to absolute shit and there are always horrific losses. The Empress did use the Grid on the Seven Tigers, and because they were on the Isle she caused some damage to some structures due to minor earthquakes, but nobody who wasn't supposed to die actually died. If the Empress were to use the Grid on Paragon everyone there would die and it'd create a shadowland.
>>
Remind me, can gods hold seats in multiple bureau's?
>>
>>54326317
Sure, why not. One god for every position and one position for every god, with clear-cut division of responsibility between the bureaus, imight be the ideal, but in practice the Celestial Bureaucracy is an ancient, convoluted, mismanaged insitution. Gods holding multiple seats or several bureaus considering a certain seat their own make perfect sense.
>>
>>54326691
I was thinking more with specific crossover between things like the division of war and the crimson panpoly, or like certain phenomena that might fall in both seasons and nature depending on how you look at it
>>
How is EarthScorpion's and Revlid's homebrew for 2.5? Also does they have anything for 3e?
>>
>>54327068
*do not does.
>>
>>54327068
It's not very good. For one thing, it retains the tick combat for 2E, and EarthScorpion brags about how he gets his players to explore non-violent solutions by threatening to roll Join Battle.

They're also butthurt over 3E.
>>
File: y tho.jpg (865KB, 1813x2111px) Image search: [Google]
y tho.jpg
865KB, 1813x2111px
>>54327279
>They're also butthurt over 3E.
Please tell me it's a gripe about the speed the books are being released at and not the mechanics.
>>
>>54322677

Sent you an email with such details.
>>
>>54327279
>brags about how he gets his players to explore non-violent solutions by threatening to roll Join Battle

Ha ha what? Motherfucker it's possible to make Solars where rolling JB means your opponent has already lost. Unless he's the kind of fag who makes every fight unwinnable, in which case, why even play under the railroading shitter? Tell the cunt to write a novel if thats what he wants to "play".
>>
>>54327279
Isn't that that place that has a huge hard on for infernals and made some exalted 2.75 thing?
>>
>>54328097
>it's possible to make Solars where rolling JB means your opponent has already lost
You got an example of that, because I've been trying to do that and have been getting no luck. I've been able to get decent results with Front-Line Warrior's Stamina and 5 purchases of Ox-Body Technique, but that particular combination has the issue of only working once per day.
Do you have a more reliable build that you'd be willing to share?
>>
>>54329281
Yeah Front-Line Warrior's Stamina ain't that great.

The super cheese is Stealth/Larceny. Blinding Battle Feint to make JB a Stealth roll, grab Living Shadow Preparedness which gives stocked successes that can only be used on a Stealth/Larceny attempt. Use all those on your JB roll. You can get easily over 30 successes if you do it right.

Then add on Fate-Shifting Solar Arete purchased twice to let you count two numbers from 2 to 5 as 10s for all purposes. Combine this with Perfect Shadow Stillness in Stealth that let's you keep your 10s and reroll the rest and Swarm-Culling Instinct from Thrown to let you reroll a number of failures equal to the 10s in your roll, guess what you have a shit ton. You can easily hit it so every dice you rolled counts as a 10 netting you upwards of 40 successes right there on top of Living Shadow Preparedness.

Now, Living Shadow Preparedness has been called out by the new devs as dumb and broken the way the old devs said it worked. The old devs saying those tons of successes were non-Charm, which is frankly retarded. But even without the extra 20 successes you can still hit 40+ Initiative, in Stealth, ready to throw a crazy alpha strike Thrown combo at them. And the only person MAYBE surviving that is a Resistance Supernal, otherwise they're fucked.
>>
>>54329281
I think Anon was talking about 2e
>>
>>54330266

Does this work with a Dawn or do you want a Night for it?
>>
>>54330620
You'd want to go Night so you can Supernal Larceny and get Fate-Shifting Solar Arete and Living Shadow Preparedness quicker.

Dawns however can do quite well for themselves with a straightforward application of Awareness. You'll want Perception 5, Wits 5, and Awareness 5. Get Sensory Acuity Prana, A Keen (Sense) Technique, its upgrade Unsurpassed (Sense) Discipline, and Awakening Eye.

For 10m, wp you'll get a full Excellency of 10 dice, double 9s, reroll 6s, and each 10 rolled lets you reroll a failure, add the previously mentioned Swarm-Culling Instinct from Thrown to double up on the 10s provoking rerolls, by all counts they should stack. The double 9s and reroll 6s will also apply to any Awareness rolls made the rest of the Scene so that's pretty nice.
>>
>>54327932
They're just kinda generally butthurt about 3E. Well, I'm not sure if Revlid is, really - I seem to recall him mentioning that 3E isn't really his kind of game, but I don't remember him saying much more about the new edition. Some of SV posters, including ES, subscribe to a school of thoguht where anything made by Holden and Morke is shit, no need to even actually read it.
>>
>>54332362
I remember Chung getting banned on RPG.net for halfway through an argument about the flaws of Ex3 admitting he hadn't read it. Ex3 is far from the best Exalted edition we could have gotten but it's definitely the best one we HAVE gotten. I'm not going to hope it fails, but when it ends I'm going to hope for a better 4th edition.
>>
>>54332479
Well, a better edition is always something to wish for. I hope 3E has a long enough run to get all the planned splats out before that, though.
>>
>>54332526
I just hope Sanctaphrax keeps his craft homebrew updated. Not sure how, what with him being banned from the official forums. Maybe a google doc.
>>
>>54332620
I think he still posts in SV, at least on occasion. That's probably the place to look for updates.
>>
>>54330266

>And the only person MAYBE surviving that is a Resistance Supernal, otherwise they're fucked.

Isn't there a build that lets you reflexively Clash against Ambush attacks? That build hinges on Omniscient Focus Attack in the Backer Charms. How does it stack up?
>>
>>54332699
I can't wade through the shit to actually browse SV.
>>
>>54333119
Well, if he does update his homebrew, someone will probably post it here eventually.
>>
>>54332620

He does have a gdoc he updates on.
>>
>>54336338
Really? Do you have a link?
>>
>>54336452
Nevermind, found it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pgj4L-Rmv2BK3efYhq6JAJx63WTI4k2q0IrlTi3KDZk/edit#heading=h.5h4ub72bz16j
>>
>>54332479

It's tricky when saying 3E is better. Like, the mechanics are BETTER. Yes. But they're written in a very shitty way because "MUH NATRUL LANGAGE!".

The fluff is sometimes better, other times a lot worse. The new Exalt types literally sound like some Deviantart-tier fanfiction, and judging by these threads, a lot of other people think the same here.

All in all, is it the BEST version of Exalted we've ever had? Yeah. It is. If only because the mechanics aren't complete trash like 2E, or "lol just do whatever" like 1E. But it's still got many notable faults. It's definitely worth playing however, and especially above 2E. Anyone who says otherwise is 100% delusional and probably functionally retarded.
>>
>>54337121

What are the new Exalts even for? Like, I understand that Exigents, being the DIY Exalts, are to fill the conceptual design space left by Devil-Tigers, but why do the others even exist?
>>
>>54337194
We don't know enough about them yet but john and holden at least said that they don't add new things just for the sake of adding new things, its all over the wiki
Getimintes or whatever I can understand. Sidereals were apparently supposed to handle tangles in the loom and fate fuck ups but there were precisely zero instances of this anywhere in the books, nor any mechanics or details given to it.
>>
>>54337233
>john and holden at least said that they don't add new things just for the sake of adding new things

They say a lot of things, if you knew them, you'd know to ignore most of the things they say.
>>
>>54337194
The space left behind from Devil-Tigers and Godblooded. Gods being able to have kids that rivalled Dragon-blooded was dumb. Getimians sound cool though, I like the idea of playing an Edmond Dantes character whose powers are glitches in fate.
>>
>>54337121
>The new Exalt types literally sound like some Deviantart-tier fanfiction, and judging by these threads, a lot of other people think the same here.

Except for the Exigents. Only one guy bitches about them because he thinks people making things is bad.
>>
File: InternetFights.png (343KB, 629x464px) Image search: [Google]
InternetFights.png
343KB, 629x464px
>>54337590
>one
>he thinks it's just one
>>
>>54337616
Its the same post style and exact same complaint each time I see it.
>>
File: COSMIC_EXALTED.png (236KB, 950x3087px) Image search: [Google]
COSMIC_EXALTED.png
236KB, 950x3087px
>>54337590
>>54337121

There is much potential to go wrong with Exigents. The make your own nature will result in people exploiting the system and creating broken charms. Resulting in pic related

On the other hand the process to create an Exigent could end up being so long and convoluted that GM end up banning Exigent characters outright.
>>
>>54337590
>Implying the Getimian don't sound cool as fuck.
>>
>>54337805

They can always make broken charms. Any Exalt except for Sidereals in previous editions could make custom charms. This is not new. The only things Exigents do is change the theme of the charms based off of the god that Exalted them.
>>
>>54337805
I'm just excited for the general rush of homebrew that will come from the advice in the book. I'm half guessing that exigents will be this editions spirit book (games of divinity in 1e, roll of glorious divinity in 2e) now that spirits are going to have more general panoply personal charms
>>
>>54337805
Shit like this is always going to happen, there's nothing that can be done to stop it. Rules cannot stop a dick ST from being a dick. And if a player walks in and tries to be a shit the ST is the one that has to stop them and if they can't handle their players they frankly shouldn't be running a game.

>But ST I want to play my super-duper better than Solars Exigent!
>No

It's that easy!
>>
>>54337805
You could hardly argue that this is worse in Ex3 when a) that pic is a thing and b) Devil Tigers existed.
>>
>>54337890
>>54338014

You're missing the part where providing tools enabling such travesty's against good taste is the primary issue. Plenty of people have shitty ideas they don't make because they're too lazy to make up everything, and they don't have explicit game approval to unleash their inner retard on the rest of us.

Now they're gonna have a "How to" guide, and thats where the problems begin, because the last two issues (laziness and no explicit approval) are going to be stripped away when this God-awful, established canon breaking, hunk of shit materializes in our realm as some kind of cthonic punishment for a transgression our race remembers only as some genetic scar residing in the eldest parts of history.
>>
>>54338184
I can make all sorts of Solar charms RIGHT NOW. The book tells me I have explicit approval. There is nearly a whole page dedicated to Designing charms. So at this point I am in the same position to make an Exigent's charms. I still have to create and balance them no whether they are Solar or Exigent charms. The only thing they can put in the Exigent books are Exigent examples and guidelines on how to make balanced charms. So think of page 254 extended over 20 pages explaining to people how not to be retarded. The only thing that changes are the themes the Exigents are built off of versus the themes of the Solar Exalt.
>>
What does /exg/ think about Getimians? I really like them, mostly because Rakan Thulio Did Nothing Wrong

>capcha: destin centro
Yes capcha. Destiny is central.
>>
>>54338184
I disagree with both those blocks
If someones to lazy to go about making a charmset or lore or whatever else, I really doubt whatever guidelines exigents provides is going to give them enough to work with that it will make it easy enough for lazy people to do it. It's probably going to be a list of do's and dont's and some examples, not big in depth explanations.
And the idea that someone who would want to add in their own special snowflakes but don't because they don't have 'approval' from the devs is retarded. You seriously think anyone gives a damn about what the devs think about their creations?
>>
>>54338423
They already have approval of the devs anyway. As Exigents are noted in the core book and NPCs are listed as well.
>>
>>54338384
We know fuck all about them, but hopefully the whole tangles in the loom of fate cause bad things part of the setting will exist as more than just fluff now
>>
>>54338384
So Chinese Alchemy is fucking cool, so I'm hoping they keep the Yin/Yang Essence pool idea that was mentioned before.
>>
>>54338423
>You seriously think anyone gives a damn about what the devs think about their creations?

I have been in several games where GM's have said "No" on things up until something official was published specifically OK-ing whatever homebrew shit. Some people really are like that, Anon. They really do need something in print going "Sure, whatever" before they allow stuff.
>>
>>54338604
Good thing Exigents were never mentioned or statted in the core book.
>>
>>54338184
This complaint will never start to make sense. These tools will also and first of all enable people to make cool stuff, and the 'travesties against good taste' would be a whole lot worse if they were made without any guidelines.
>>
>>54337121
>>54337194
>>54337590
The only complaints I've seen about new Exalts are here on 4chan, where I don't usually give them much credence, especially when they tend to be very weak forms of criticism like calling them "deviant-art tier". Not to mention the basic misunderstanding earlier, about how Liminals being made from body-parts doesn't make them resurrected dead. And I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those same faggots loved the idea of Nocturnal Exalts.

Also, regarding Exigents, people have been wanting 'custom exalts' for a long time. They've always been a thing pitched occasionally, with varying levels of popularity. Shockingly most people weren't interested.

>>54337828
Also this. Sidereal fanboy since the first splat, and I love everything I've heard about them so far. And I hope we NEVER find out where the fuck their Exaltations came from too. Are they a failed prototype for the Sidereals? Were they a planned replacement for the Loom of Fate or Pattern Spiders? Where they a 'last ditch' option for the Primordial War that the Maidens had created, because they knew victory wasn't 100% certain?
>for those that often wonder what went wrong with 2e, finding out too much about where Getimen came from would be one of those things
>>
>>54339223
>And I hope we NEVER find out where the fuck their Exaltations came from too

They were made by Rakan Thulio :^)
>>
>>54330266
Can I use charms to enhance Living SHadow Preparedness? It doesn't have the "you can't use magic to enchance this" clause that you find on Diamond Body prana, so...
>>
>>54339285
>tfw you can't tell me these things if I was never here
*activates Avoidance Kata*
>>
>>54338384

Unnecessary
Just like Liminals, Alchemicals, and, to lessel degree, Infernals
Exalted does not need anything other than Solars, Lunars, Abyssals, Sidereals and Terrestials, with Exigents being an edge case.
>>
>>54339223

Also a Sidereal Fanboy, but I'm not sure how to take the Getimians. I like the idea of a new threat to Fate that actually gives Sidereals something to do, but I'm not to sure how I feel about Rakan Thulio. I'm interested to hear more about the Yin-Yang themes and how their charms change depending on what motepool they use, but I don't like the idea of them beig able to learn SMA.
>>
>>54339828
>Infernals
You take that back; Infernals are the shit
>>
>>54339870
Solars can learn SMA too. Also you forgot to mention that they have pattern spiders inside their bodies. Which is great.
>>
>>54338384
I love the concept of Getimians but am not a fan of Rakan Thulio as a concept since he is a character that's is a splat that can be played, but he's just extra-super special and has extra powers that could never be gained by a PC in any reasonable game. Gods have weird powers and that's fine, people won't really ever play gods but to have a PC splat ascend to something beyond all the other of that splat is really not appealing to me.

Same thing with all the wizards they have in Forgotten Realms and shit, they're doing all sorts of stuff the players will never be able to but their still on the surface wizards just like any of you.

>>54339285
>>54339792
They were DISCOVERED and let loose by Rakan Thulio, he didn't create them.
>>
>>54340244

>Solars can learn SMA too.

If they have a Sidereal tutor, which is possibly the only mechanical benefit of having one. Getimians can self initiate into SMA in the same way a Sidereal can.
>>
>>54340351
>Getimians can self initiate into SMA in the same way a Sidereal can.
Source? Rakan Thulio exists to tutor them, there's no evidence that they don't need anyone.
>>
>>54340349
>They were DISCOVERED and let loose by Rakan Thulio, he didn't create them.

That guy was *probably* being facetious. Though that is a rather pernicious bit of disinformation that others have spread seriously, yes.
>>
>>54340398

Huh, can't find it. Maybe it never existed? Isn't this how Getimians are made? Being part of something that never existed?

Still not too stoked about the new Exalts, though.
>>
>>54338384

Completely unnecessary. Waste of time for both the dev's and the line itself.
>>
>>54339828
>alchemicals

Anon pls
>>
>>54339870
I wouldn't worry too much about Rakan Thulio, he's likely going to be left as a shadowy figure talked about only in whispers... And for all we know half the shit said about him could be false information since Sidereals playing spy-games has always been a thing, and the way I see the Getimen is that they're finally going to have competition on 'even ground'.

As for them being able to learn SMA, I always figured they would be able to... I'll hold back my displeasure for when we find out if they can create SMA styles on their own, or have to be taught by a Sidereal, like Solars do.
>>
>>54340550
>Isn't this how Getimians are made? Being part of something that never existed?
We don't know how they're made.
>>
>>54340561
>he doesn't want to, after a whole campaign of scheming and growing stronger, give the Yozi's the finger and unleash the Triumphant Howl of the Devil Tiger
confirmed for having shit taste
>>
Why do people keep saying 'unnecessary' about the new exalts like it's valid criticism? The whole industry is unnecessary.
>>
>>54340878
They claim they add nothing new to the setting, or don't fill niches that aren't already claimed by another splat... I disagree with them, for the record.

>since someone will mention Liminals
We don't know enough about any of them to comment on the subject, even Liminals, who we arguably know the most about, and do seem to crossover a bit with Abyssals. But the similarities are mostly on the surface, with what we know about the deeper themes being very different.
>>
>>54340986
I think Liminals are unpopular in part because they exist to fill the space taken away from Abyssals. The dead-body toughness and body horror.
>>
>>54341039
To me they seem like a weird overlap between Lunars, Abyssals, and Alchemicals.

They're artificial, associated with death, but also have the whole idea of gathering body parts for self improvement.
>>
>>54341039
>>54341071
I'll admit, out of all the new ones they are probably the one with the weakest excuse for being added. And while it is a square peg and round hole comparison, they're pretty much the Exalted version of Prometheans (and who knows, it might turn out that they 'fit' better in Exalted than the WoD).

As for taking body horror and 'dead body toughness' away from Abyssals. I don't see that happening, I just see them approaching it from different ways, and doubt that Abyssals will lose the ability to become fugly as they grow in Essence, or show off the might of the unliving world. There's always been some interal debate in the Abyssals camp, as to whether they should be thematically more like vampires, zombies, or both. But even with them stitching together crazy shit like spine-chains or fetus launching artillery, the body horror themes of Abyssal Exalts largely don't touch themselves, aside from their appearance becoming corpse-like in a gross way.

To sum things up in a very brief way, I imagine the Liminals general 'role' in Creation as being the ones who reinforce the divide between the world of the living and the world of the dead, while the Abyssals by their very existence, blur those lines (whether they happily serve a Deathlord, or do their own thing).
>>
>>54341218
It's getting into splitting hairs, but Liminals seem to be the natural part of death in the life-death-rebirth cycle. Things must die and decompose for new life to spring. This fits with what they are, wholly new life born from death.

Meanwhile the Abyssals are the unnatural aspect of death. Ghosts, zombies, the Underworld. Things that only exist due to a broken system, things that should never have existed. While Liminals are new life born from death Abyssals are the old life, frozen for eternity right on the precipice to Oblivion. Kept in stasis in the moment before their end.
>>
>>54341279
That seems about right. Liminals exist to make the Abyssal themes clearer and give them a thematic antagonist. Same with Getimians and Sidereals.
>>
>>54340878
I just want a more speedy timetable so that we can get campaign setting books and adventure modules before the next ice age. We already had six types of Exalt even after Alchemicals were given the axe. And I can see the reasoning behind the Solars having antagonists that are twisted mockeries of themselves, but having two versions of that is unnecessary. Either Abyssals or Infernals should've gone away as well, and I'm of the opinion that it should've been Abyssals because they were too mechanically similar to Solars. And I'm even thinking with an eye towards the fourth edition or the inevitable shutdown of this series.
>>
>>54341325
I feel like Abyssals being so similar is precisely why they could stay without much issue. It would have been pretty easy to just make a handful of charms for each of the Death Lords they serve under, and then just have them in a section in the back that gives them slightly tweaked Solar rules or whatever.

It certainly does feel like there are too many types though. Condensing some together or making some just variants upon eachother would help.
>>
>>54341325
>I just want a more speedy timetable

This is my crux for the new Exalt types. Ok, say they DON'T influence the timetable for 3E. Say the dev's grow a brain and put them at the very ass end of 3E, the literal last 3, optional, books to be released. Well after they've filled out Alchemicals and Infernals and released a half dozen adventure books or whatever the fuck you think they'd release.

Then what? 4E rolls around next, and then you get people wanting them again. The timetable grows larger for every edition now, because now you have 3 more Exalt types to fit in, that of course people will be complaining for or looking for from day 1 of a new edition.

Exalted is already a slow as shit game in terms of releases. It suffers from the old, WoD style release where each book can be played alone but are part of the same world and directly influences the others/serves as antagonists for the others. It's not like D&D, where you can nab a PHB/DMG/MM and be good for the remainder of the games life. It's a lot more "involved", for lack of a better word, and needs more to be "complete". And that feels like it slows down everything in general. I know people that simply will not touch the game until their favorites get a new book, which won't be for years. Adding more Exalt types is just gonna make this situation even worse.
>>
>>54339828
>Infernals
As in the only reason I care about Exalted.
>>
>>54341404
Yeah, I don't want an Exalt type unless it's interesting and distinctive. If you want a solar's opposite, make it Infernals, or get rid of both Abyssals and Infernals and make something else.
>>
>>54342164
Why not make Abyssals anti-solars and change infernals into being anti-lunars who shapeshift into demons and shit?
>>
>>54342349
>everything needing a foil

Stop that.
>>
>>54342164
>>54342349

How 'bout we just keep Abyssals, and chuck Infernals to "Just what they call Solar Akuma"?
>>
>>54341279
>While Liminals are new life born from death Abyssals are the old life...
>etc., etc.
You definitely said it better than me.

>>54341325
>>54341537
>I just want a more speedy timetable
>This is my crux for the new Exalt types.
Ya know I've always thought this was the source of the antagonism. And I'll admit, I know what my reply will be if someone tells me that Liminals have to come out before Sidereals: Fuck you.

Also why the hell are people talking about 4e? If the only real problem with the mechanics is that they're a bit wordy, I don't see that as being anything but a distant dream. Considering the map is almost twice the size, and we have a few new exalt types, I think they'll be milking this cow for a while.
>>
>>54343874
>Also why the hell are people talking about 4e?

Stupid joke I guess? I dunno.

Also someone make a new thread. This shit is on page 10 for fucks sake guys.
>>
Yo fuck, Holden's posting on the forums again
>>
>>54344205

What shit's he spouting?
>>
>>54344232
Nothing. He popped into some random thread asking about 3e. You can check nish-whatever
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 84

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.