[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Paradise Lost Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 82

File: OurGuy.jpg (1MB, 1240x1233px) Image search: [Google]
OurGuy.jpg
1MB, 1240x1233px
previous thread >>54268659

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T
Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

How angry are you still that motherfucking greedy shitfucking Disney decanonized Kyle Katarn?
>>
>>54278151
False. The Empire criminalized slavery in all but Hutt Space, a measure not even the Republic took. Its closest own implementation of slavery was forced imprisonment of Wookiees, as they violently opposed the Empire's formation. However, not all were sent to camps and the majority lived normally albeit restricted from traveling off Kashyyyk. Slavery still existed under the Empire primarily via Hutt Space, just as it always had during and before the Republic, though it was far less widespread under the Empire and there were not "camps everywhere".

Neutral here, just correcting you on fluff inaccuracy.

In terms of EUcanon, of course.

>>54278179
>ugh why don't people opposed to my viewpoint agree with my viewpoint?
>>
>>54278475
The Wookiees were hardly the Empire's only slaves in Legends (remember, Ackbar himself was a slave under Tarkin), and definitely weren't in canon either. And these were legitimately slaves under the Empire, not slaves that the Hutts used.

This idea that they somehow eliminated slavery in Imperial territories is straight up unsupported in either continuity.
>>
>>54278456
>sometimes I like to think that the "tarkin did nothing wrong/was actually a good guy" posters are merely confused by peter cushing being such a sweetheart IRL
I'm just sad that TCW never gave us the "Tarkin and Dooku: Mortal Enemies" plot that they could and should have
It would have been great
>>
>>54278475
>>54278557

If I recall the first (and among the only) EU works talking about the Empire allowing slavery was a series by Stradley that straddles :^ the line between EU and Nu canon, since it began in either 07 or 08 and continues into Disney's new lore line, so I'm not sure where it falls.

Being a Dark Horse comic I know it would be pretty damn low on the canon tier though, and it does contradict earlier works about the Empire's crackdown on slave trade.

Where your Ackbar point comes in is an Imperial decree issued early in the Empire's formation, I think 18 BBY(?), that authorizes Imperial authorities to sentence criminals guilty of sedition, treason, or general crimes against the Empire to serve their sentence "indefinitely" via penal labor programs, and as some authorities often made false arrests, this could be deemed slavery, though it wasn't slavery in a true sense.

I also recall, maybe incorrectly, that that decree was later re-evaluated and its terms restricted and essentially made more fair and less "fuck with us and you work in our mines forever" as it was.
>>
>>54278595
It's worse than that. The Tarkin novel, which was actually in the works before the reboot, actually goes so far as to show the two were friends and that Dooku wanted to have Tarkin join him on the Separatists side and let him in on the whole truth behind the war.

>>54278598
Ackbar being a slave serving Tarkin goes back way beyond just 2007-8.

There being slaves serving the Empire has been a longstanding tradition even back in the early 90s. And no, Ackbar was not just a political dissident, he was a straight up slave.

And for the record, if it wasn't TCW or Episodes I-VI, it can't straddle the line - the story you're thinking of is Legends, pure and simple. The only stuff that was kept canon with the reboot was what I just stated, Episodes I-VI and TCW.
>>
File: 1497894638574.png (107KB, 273x302px) Image search: [Google]
1497894638574.png
107KB, 273x302px
>>54278661
>It's worse than that. The Tarkin novel, which was actually in the works before the reboot, actually goes so far as to show the two were friends and that Dooku wanted to have Tarkin join him on the Separatists side and let him in on the whole truth behind the war.
...fuck
>>
>>54278661
The problem is the same series of comics has continued and maintained its continuity since the Disney shift, which makes it difficult to pin down.

I personally say fuck off to any Disneylore in general though so it's no skin off my boner.
>>
>>54278598
And in typical Legends style, the only source that states that the Empire outlawed slavery was the Essential Atlas... which also has sections wherein it also instituted slavery as punishments. Typically contradictory, but all the worse for it because this is just one book itself being contradictory with itself.

>>54278709
No, it hasn't. What you're thinking of was a Dark Horse comic, and Dark Horse lost the rights to make Star Wars comics at the end of 2014.

Marvel's Star Wars books have had literally nothing to do with Dark Horse's. There's no connectivity there beyond both being Star Wars.
>>
>>54278746
>Typically contradictory, but all the worse for it because this is just one book itself being contradictory with itself.

Welcome to the Expanded Universe I guess.

This is why I don't really agree with the rigid canons argument.

Not only did Lucas not think of or really care about any of this, but the biggest part of out-of-movie lore is full of contradictions, as well as generally bizarre shit (werewolves reeee).

Its good stuff is worth paying mind to and its bad stuff can be easily ignored imo. Like just follow what you want to follow, I say.

It does make these morality arguments really difficult though because the cherry picking is crazy no matter who you think is or isn't evil and that level of cherry picking is unavoidable with how messy the EU's structure is.

Also it just furthers Imp/Reb fags being pretty far up their own backdoor Kessel runs too.
>>
>>54278661
>It's worse than that. The Tarkin novel, which was actually in the works before the reboot, actually goes so far as to show the two were friends and that Dooku wanted to have Tarkin join him on the Separatists side and let him in on the whole truth behind the war.
that's actually perfect
>>
>ywn be Gavin Darklighter
>ywn have a super-hot Bothan girl gently take your virginity in the back room of a Coruscant safehouse
>ywn liberate the Imperial Capital with her in busted-ass Z95 Headhunters
>ywn longingly gaze at her in a low-backed dress at a political event while discussing how many children to adopt
>ywn engage an entire TIE wing in a berserker rage after her apparent death

Why even live?
>>
>>54279521
>one month after Isard's Revenge
>Booster informs Wedge and Gavin about what actually happened with that
How fucked is Fey'lya?
>>
>>54279640
11/10 extinction level fucked
Wedge has, in the past been willing to burn down an entire civilization for fucking with his friends, let alone one politician who crossed the shit line
>the rogues and wraiths plot revenge.holo
>>
>>54279762

They call up Rogue Squadron, Wraith Squadron, Horton Salm's training wings, leftovers of Blue Squadron, Luke, Pash Cracken, Bror Jace, and even Colonel Fucking Vessery.

Did I miss anyone?

>buddygetthestardestroyer.jpg
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>54279804
>and then the unnamed Hero of the Imperium™ from tie fighter shows up and destroys all of them
>turns out in the end Bothanfu hooked up with him because she needed a real man
>they make steamy interspecies love in the cockpit of his defender as he destroys most of the new republic fleet and liberates coruscant for the empire
>>
>>54279804
Booster, Han, Leia, Lando, probably Mara, Kyle and other early NJO crew folks, maybe even Bel Iblis
>>
File: 1491096820035.jpg (46KB, 498x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491096820035.jpg
46KB, 498x500px
>>54279877
>>
File: Metal Gear TIE.jpg (418KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear TIE.jpg
418KB, 1280x720px
>Trying to design a TIE FALKEN
>Realize I already have the perfect art
>>
>>54279901
Not everyone's a fan of Wraith and Rogue Squadron, anon.
>>
File: Maarek_stele.jpg (174KB, 547x914px) Image search: [Google]
Maarek_stele.jpg
174KB, 547x914px
>>54279877
>unnamed
>Didn't read the novella included with the game
>Didn't even read up on the guy's post-TIE Fighter adventures
>Acting like an Imp fan
He's actually on alright terms with the heroes of the Rebellion/NR. He even worked with Lando and several former Rogues on a mission in post-Endor Legends. Plus, his senpai is literally Wedge's brother-in-law.
>>
>>54279981
I actually didn't know a novella was even included. Shit, thanks for informing me of this.

But please don't tell me he fucking deserted and joined the Rebellion. He didn't. Right?
>>
>>54280000
Nope. Steele is Pro-Imperial but Anti-Warlord if i recall correctly
>>
>>54280000
Nope. He survived Endor, outlived Palpatine's Empire and joined the Imperial Remnant as a member of the 181st. He eventually retired at the rank of general, IIRC.
>>
>>54279640
>How fucked is Fey'lya?
He would not survive.
In fact he would probably be found burnt alive with his testicles in his mouth and Luke Fucking Skywalker giving a derogatory speech at his funeral
>>
>>54280028
>>54280040
Phew. Thanks friends, time to go brush up on my reading.
>>
>>54280000
You are a bastard man, but one with quadruple-oughts
No, he did not defect, he was loyal to the end, albeit to the Pellaeon/Daala Remnant, which was actually more or less what impfags pretend sheevy P's empire was
>>
File: chris-mcgrath-kenobi.jpg (259KB, 647x900px) Image search: [Google]
chris-mcgrath-kenobi.jpg
259KB, 647x900px
How hard is it to implement the Unifying Force into Force and Destiny? I really like the concept and in terms of speculating on the lore from an Expanded Universe view I like to think of it as how the Force truly works, but obviously FaD draws clear lines between Light and Dark that don't really go with the Unifying theory.

What would one have to do to re-rig it to go for the more universal/ambiguous/singular/abstract Force interpretation?
>>
>>54280068
Hungry Ewok has it as a pdf if you aren't averse to reading on a screen
>>
File: Oleg Zherebin Black.jpg (241KB, 1800x1501px) Image search: [Google]
Oleg Zherebin Black.jpg
241KB, 1800x1501px
>>54279931
TIE FIDDERS!
>>
>>54280098

It sounds mostly like a force tradition. They have those in the books. Getting a few bonuses (Likely related to it's visions focus) in exchange for a downside related to it's issues as a theory.
>>
>>54280131
Go back to bed, you aren't drunk enough for this
>>
Wow so FFG is doing era sourcebooks for the RPG.
>>
>>54280131
>I need about TIE fiddy.
>>
File: Death Sticks.jpg (170KB, 1280x928px) Image search: [Google]
Death Sticks.jpg
170KB, 1280x928px
>>54280144
Sleep wont fix that and we need more TIEs.
>>
File: BB-17-Front-Face.jpg (21KB, 242x372px) Image search: [Google]
BB-17-Front-Face.jpg
21KB, 242x372px
Please rate?
>>
>>54278687
Now that we're countefactual, imagine that and Sheev not resorting to the UNLIMITED POWER gambit and staying everyone's favorite uncle.

Those three would bring the Rebellion to heel just by being beloved and almost everyone thinking they were right, while being completely and utterly dirty rotten scoundrels.
>>
>>54279877
More like turn up and saves them in his super snowflake Defender when things start to turn pearshaped for some reason, cause that's how he rolls.
>>
>>54281003
Compare in cost/use to R2-D6 and a 1-point EPT.

It may be a tad overpriced, but having this at 1 glues it to Jess.

Honestly, not a bad design.
>>
>>54280068
He also turns out to be Force-sensitive.
I'm using him as a major antagonist in my campaign, last time the players saw him was above Arda I
>>
>>54278414
>looking through drugs for an EotE campaign
>booster blue is basically just huffing starship paint

Is setting up a homestead for Impact the best way to go?
>>
>>54279804
>Did I miss anyone?
Eleven long-haired Friends Of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
>>
>>54280682
It sounds good until you realize they're exclusively for NuCanon Disney adaptations. This first one is going to be that pretty bad Rebels cartoon.
>>
I haven't done one of these in a while now, but I'm really happy that more people are abandoning netlists for squadrons that they have an attachment to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOcOlO4e3WI&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: image.jpg (221KB, 663x936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221KB, 663x936px
>>54284495
>pretty bad
That's just, like, your opinion, man.
>>
>>54284495
Rebels is better than most of TCW
>>
File: 1490840490707.png (194KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1490840490707.png
194KB, 350x350px
>>54284643
>>54284738
It is my opinion, man, and I'm sticking to it.

>>54279877
>>54279901
>>54279966
Isn't there a mission in TF where you do go and fuck up Rogue Squadron? That or they show up as a mission's boss fight, I forget.
>>
>>54284495
>having this much shit taste
>>
>>54284495
>NuCanon Disney adaptations
So you mean it's going to be great and much more streamlined with how the universe should feel?
>>
File: 080.jpg (34KB, 550x633px) Image search: [Google]
080.jpg
34KB, 550x633px
>>54286181
>>54286268
>>
>>54286675
>thinking dissenting opinion is b8
Okay anon. I'll let you get back to your safe space.
>>
>>54283805
How many people are even gonna get that one?
>captcha has trucks in the picture
it knows
>>
>>54286745
It's either b8 or you actually believe Disney improved things. And I dunno about the guy you were replying to but I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, surely nobody on /tg/ is that retarded.
Not even pathfags
>>
>>54286835
Disney literally improved everything. TFA and Wencuck aside, canon is fantastic at the moment. And even then, I'd take them over Traviss anyday
>>
>>54286835
At worst, Disney's been a net neutral.
>>
>>54286863
Reminder that a lot of Traviss' Mandalorian lore is still canon thanks to Sabine's homecoming arc in Rebels.
>>
>>54287128
The lore wasn't horrible. It was Traviss' wankery and numbers that made it fucking unreadable.
>>
>>54286835
I'm fine with people liking NuCanon, but to say it's massively improved over EUCanon and that Disney's massive simplification, streamlining, and watering down of the universe and its content for the purposes of marketability - and in the case of Kennedy or Wendig, injecting personal politics into it - is a very good thing, I can't get behind.

Maybe I'm just cynical. I hate what Disney's done to it, even if we've gotten an okay story or two in the form of SCAR or Lost Stars (or whatever it's called, I heard it was passable). But for one or two net gains we've lost EVERYTHING from the last 20-something years of Star Wars work.

Sure a lot of it sucked but some of it didn't, and those got thrown out with the bath water too. We lose Farce Unleashed but gain Herkyjerky Diversity Funtimes. We lose Vong but gain Darth Vader dancing to Disney pop songs at conventions.

We lose a hack fraud director with a good heart but misguided vision, bizarre ideas, and OCD and in his place gain callous, cold, uncaring corporate entities whose one and only everlasting vision of Star Wars is as a dispassionate cash cow of a marketing project.
>>
>>54287209
I will add though that the only consistent gain I can think of is Vader being de-pussified. It fuckstrated me hard that in a lot of EU stories Vader was worfed to make way for Mary Sues and Gary Stus cough Starkiller cough or just made into an allaround limpdicked fuckboy that gets kicked around like a tin can. NuCanon has done a good job of showing us he's a total badass, but some EU stories did that too, so I don't know if gaining badass Vader is worth it all.
>>
>>54279877
>Thinking Maarek "Balls of" Steele is an edgy faggot

The Steele was once taken into the secret order of the emperor and made a Hand and barely gave a fuck about their evil tendencies. He's much more aligned with Pellaeon's idea of an Empire than Sheev's.
>>
>>54287209
>, I can't get behind.
Okay, you're allowed to hold that opinion, but they are doing a damn good job at making the universe coherent rather than a mess like the EU canon tier.
>>
File: 1486846381924.gif (3MB, 258x206px) Image search: [Google]
1486846381924.gif
3MB, 258x206px
>>54287257
>he's an edgy faggot for wanting to serve the faction he has faith in
>"Sheev"
>>
>>54287175
her post-ROTJ stuff is pretty damn bad i can agree with that but then again Star Wars timeline stopped seconds before the Vong arrived, if you ask me.

Her Clone Wars stuff is pretty darn solid. Sure there is the hint of wankery to come in some of the books but that can easily be explained away with Special Forces being Special Forces and doing Special Forces things in Special Forces ways
>>
>>54287342
Her Prequel clone shit is HORRIBLE aside from her work on Republic Commando, which her wankery is STILL insufferable.
>>
>>54287254

I dunno, the scene in rebels with him going through the protagonists without slowing was kinda amazing. I liked that they kept him with the A New Hope fighting style, rather than making him flippy. Flipping and spinning is needless movements and Vader is a precise, perfected fighter without a hair of wasted effort.
>>
>>54287342
>>54287369

If you're dissing Mando works in particular for wankery, what exactly do you mean by wankery? Fanwankery? Them being overpowered or doing unrealistic things or being like author inserts, Sues even?

Yaknow, exactly like the characters of Wraith Squadron, Rogue Squadron, and Blue Squadron?
>>
>>54287369
Her prequel clone shit IS republic commando. Opinion discarded because you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>54287429
The way she wrote mandos and clones as being the best of the best of the best is beyond frustrating. The way she wrote jedi in particular was also unsettling.

I don't know if I would call them Sues necessarily, even though most of her post RotJ stuff really has them check off each sue box, but she just has such a smugness about being right in her beliefs (namely mandos are the best, did nuffin, all jedi are scum).
>>
>>54287582
Anon, I meant Hard Contact, as the others are shit.
>>
>>54287602
>implying all jedi aren't self-righteous sanctimonious threats to the good people of the galaxy
>implying any Mandalore did anything wrong
Fuck the Cathar.
>>
>>54287755
This is why mando fags are widely hated anon.
>>
>>54287971
I hate them because they're all shameless Boba Fett clones and super good at everything, especially if it involves any combat or spaceships or jetpacks, not because of any part of their history.
>>
>>54288006
When their history is about how they're never wrong, it sort of is.
>>
>>54287618
Nah now you're just covering your ass. You didn't read them, you just heard on the internet that you shouldn't like them.
>>
File: 2irKHMR.jpg (51KB, 668x772px) Image search: [Google]
2irKHMR.jpg
51KB, 668x772px
>>54288006
>boba fett clones
You mean jango fett clones? Then yes, about 200 mil

and their magic helmets and flashy lights taught them how to be the best. because fuck you thats a thing apparently

I dislike mandos because i have one player who INSISTS on being a mando, all the time. And for some reason that gives him a pass to be a murderhobo or some sort of superduper souper trouper that "knows everything about fighting, cuz we was raised wit it!" or both
>>
File: Yub Yub Fett-man.jpg (110KB, 689x503px) Image search: [Google]
Yub Yub Fett-man.jpg
110KB, 689x503px
>>54288006
>>
>>54288123
>implying jango wasn't the original boba clone
>>
>>54288159
>implying jango wasnt a being created by the force and beskar to be the best mando
>>
>>54288192
No no no.
>before he created Anakin, Sheev tried out the trick by mind-raping the force and creating Jango Fett
>He decided to tone it down a notch with Anakin though.
>He had to be good, but not THAT good.
>That would never had fooled the Jedi council into bringing Anakin to Coruscant and into the clutches of the Sith
>>
>>54288073
Sure anon. I'll pretend to be stupid so I can fit your narrative.
>>
>>54287971
A lot of Jedi, especially in the era in question, really were a bunch of pricks and the Mandos were pretty badass. I don't see the problem here.

Maybe her fanwank's taken a little too far but the idea is right, and it's not like Rogues and Wraiths aren't also fanwanked and mary sued too, yet a lot of the same people who complain about Mandoshit love those.
>>
New GM here. I've been looking up some of the highest soak numbers that a player can get and apparently it's around 13. This is when a standard blaster pistol has a base of 6 damage and a rifle has 9. I know I can't be the only person who is bothered by this; how are you supposed to deal with a player that has soak that high without constantly introducing enemies with lightsabers or doing some other equally contrived thing? And what is even the point of pierce 1 and 2 when literally everyone in the galaxy has at least 2 soak?
>>
File: LFIMq4z.jpg (62KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
LFIMq4z.jpg
62KB, 700x525px
New ship LEGO from TLJ!
>>
File: SBSccRj.jpg (64KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
SBSccRj.jpg
64KB, 700x525px
>>54289832
>>
File: 8vMNJpx.jpg (68KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
8vMNJpx.jpg
68KB, 700x525px
>>54289849
>>
>>54289870
how do its legs work? Between this and the gorilla walker, I feel like TLJ is going to be a Michael Bay Transformers movie.
>>
>>54290014

Looks kinda like a spider or something, multiple legs taking short steps so probably slower and less agile but way more stable.
>>
>>54290014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYGJ9jrbpvg
>>
>>54289832
I like it
>>
>>54289832
Looks cool, like a next gen cloud car. I'd actually like to see this in X-wing.

>>54289849
Glad that it's confirmed by Lego. I hope it's more of a general interceptor rather than being unique to Kylo, but I can dig it.

>>54289870
Get this strandbeest out of my space opera. I don't need the FO using some wind powered walker.
>>
>>54287971
>>54288006
I still really don't see the hate.

Back to the example of Roguequad too I don't see how you hate one group for wankery but love another.

I know a lot of people hate RS and its kin too but I do see the Mando hate more often.
>>
>>54290176

It's probably because the Rogues and Wraiths get the shit kicked out of them all the time, sometimes in stupid ways and are rarely shown to be right about everything all the time. Even Corran Horn at his most insufferable usually has people saying "Hey, Horn, don't be a dickbag".

Mandowank from the likes of Traviss usually talks about how perfect and tolerable and appealing their culture is despite their huge boners for war and how they're so much better than everybody else - especially those stupid jedi. How dare superhumans exist? Just need some regular humans to be super.
>>
>>54289098
You don't have to pretend :^)
>>
>>54289731
If you get a high amount of advantage you can knock their shield out of their hand, etc, which helps. Also you have the final say on any gear they can or can't get, so it never has to be an issue.
>>
>>54290176
It's because they were written in the 2000s and the author had a blog she used to argue with fans. That's really the core of it.

That's why you always see people bitching about Traviss as much as the mandos and clones, but when people bitch about the X-Wing books the authors names don't usually get thrown around. I guarantee if the RC books came out in a different era, or if Traviss hadn't tried to engage with the internet so much, there'd be way less complaining. Kind of like how half the Wendig hate is because he's a huge prick online. People can't separate the authors from their work.

The clone books really weren't that offensive.
>>
>>54289731
Pierce is useful because just being able to ignore two points or so of the target's Soak can be the difference between being able to land a lucky crit or just being stuck with disarming or knocking down your opponent.
It's not contrived to bust out an E-Web or rocket launchers/thermal detonators if your opponent is wearing a metric ton of battle armour.

Also, I reached Soak 16 with Heroic Resilience and a tricked-out suit of armour.
>>
>>54289731
Say you're fighting a stormtrooper with 6 soak (3 armor, 3 Brawn). You're shooting at him with a blaster pistol that does 5 base damage. Unless you score a solid blow, you're going to be deflecting off his armor. Add Pierce 2, and suddenly every hit is doing damage. That's why Pierce is important.
>>
>>54289731
Also remember that additional successes on a hit make the weapon deal more damage in the same amount. I had one player who kept hitting for 10-ish damage with his Heavy Blaster which is pretty brutal for smaller enemies.
>>
>>54289731
Concentrate fire, have rules for damaging armor and depriving them of soak, breach weapons, explosives, pierce weapons, and general tactics for your NPCs.
>>
>>54289849
That shit looks weird from the front- is that a side effect of it being lego?

Hopefully this ship helps Empire aces out of their rut.

Also, poll- it's a TIE Advanced with Interceptor wings. Will it be titled

- First Order TIE Interceptor
- First Order TIE Advanced
- TIE Avenger.
- TIE Advanced Interceptor

Which one of the 4?
>>
File: jumping-spiders-macro.jpg (168KB, 915x686px) Image search: [Google]
jumping-spiders-macro.jpg
168KB, 915x686px
>>54280144
I get very little sleep with a teething child prone to biting things (and me) and drinking is just a vague memory of younger, fun times

>>54290064
Was thinking it looks like one of those little jumping spiders
This isn't the first time we've had spider walkers in star wars though
>>
File: Pixy_vs_Cipher.jpg (100KB, 832x400px) Image search: [Google]
Pixy_vs_Cipher.jpg
100KB, 832x400px
>>54289849
Fingers crossed for a starfighter duel between Poe and Kylo.
>>
>>54291803

Who shoots first?
I shoot first, you shoot first?
>>
>>54291803
I really need more Ace Combat-inspired Star Wars in my life.
>>
>>54291803
>>54291876

As much as I didn't like the new movies I do think it'd be cool to see a dogfight duel with Kylo and some other great pilot. It turns out that Kylo inherited his uncle's flight skills and then some and the meme-tier Disney princess soon becomes the Red Baron as he takes out elite Resistance pilots left and right and then duels with Poe. It's neck and neck until Kylo informs Poe he's getting boring and then actually begins trying, using Force power mixed with maneuvers that leave Poe shocked and speechless as his X-Wing is blown up and Finn and Rey look on in horror, probably with a dramatic "No!"

It wouldn't save Nucanon in my opinion, but it would at least redeem Kylo.
>>
>>54291999
This would be the shit. Strip some of that plot armor and suddenly make a so-so villain very threatening at the same time.
>>
File: macross-plus.jpg (122KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
macross-plus.jpg
122KB, 960x600px
>>54291999
>spoiler
Unless Poe remembers that he's PS9 and Kylo's still only PS6, anyway.
>>
I just got a Ghost for X-Wing; how do I VCX?

I plan on getting a TIE Aggressor; will TLT be worth it on the Ghost?

Also do I need to include an Attack Shuttle every time?
>>
File: 1492867667862.jpg (924KB, 2400x4240px) Image search: [Google]
1492867667862.jpg
924KB, 2400x4240px
>>54289832

It's adorable!
>>
File: Career Preview.png (70KB, 1371x883px) Image search: [Google]
Career Preview.png
70KB, 1371x883px
Hey guys, just a reminder that you can get the latest version of my desktop app here

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/r2ba9nd48xdbo/Star_Wars_RPG_Database

I fixed the filter buttons in the Career/Spec tab (thanks tester anon!), and I added the last missing Force and Destiny Specs. I'll probably blow through the Age of Rebellion Careers/Specs next.
>>
File: image.png (228KB, 1397x1079px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 1397x1079px
>>54292647
Sell me on why it's better than oggdude's.
>>
>>54292403
The ways I see VCX's run is either cheap (sub 45) or expensive (including shuttle 74 or less)

Cheap is Autoblaster Turret, Fire Control System, and some cheap crew-usually Chopper+Hera.

Expensive depends on which pilot you choose.

TLT on a docked-shuttle ghost is amazing.
>>
>>54292027
>when FFG has to buff Kylos PS retroactively, giving us a PS9 shuttle

pottery
>>
>>54292752

Hah it's nowhere even close to that (and I'd never be able to make it look that good). This was just a personal programming project that I shared a few threads ago.
>>
>>54292403
The 3 main VCX builds

>Lothal Rebel or Chopper w/ Hera, Autoblaster Turret, your choice of Chopper or Han
Relatively cheap for its health, big blocker, autoblaster can threaten aces

>Kanan w/ FCS, TLT, Rey, Recon/Finn, Ghost and docked Attack Shuttle run with Biggs
The infamous Kanan/Biggs, 1 forward to victory while never taking damage and consistently plinking with 4 TLT shots

>Hera w/ TLT, accuracy corrector, 3PO, navigator, engine upgrade, Ghost and docked shuttle run with Ahsoka
Heragator is a neat build that's surprisingly unforgiving as it's effectively a one ship list. Change maneuvers around and boost at start of combat to dodge as many arcs as possible.
>>
I'm going to my first x wing event this Saturday and I could use any and all tips you all have I've never played a game of x-wing either. Here's my squad, what do you all think? How bad am I going to get stomped?

Countess Ryad — TIE Defender 34
Push the Limit 3
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1
TIE/x7 -2
Ship Total: 36

"Omega Leader" — TIE/fo Fighter 21
Juke 2
Comm Relay 3
Hull Upgrade 3
Ship Total: 29

Colonel Vessery — TIE Defender 35
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1
TIE/x7 -2
Ship Total: 34

Total: 99
>>
>>54292647
>>54292752
Both look alright but I've never found much use for out-of-game character sheet generators. If I play in person I prefer to do it the old fashioned way, and if I play on Roll20 everything's already there.
>>
>>54294217
I dig. I would suggest ditching the hull upgrade and changing Juke to Predator (so you can reroll without having to spend a TL). The other 3 points can be used to give a EPT up to 3 pts to Vessery (maybe PTL).

Alternatively, if you don't mind being at 100, VI for Vessery would allow him to attack before Omega Leader, guaranteeing he can benefit from his ability before the TL potentially goes away
>>
Any question about who is Best Girl of the old EU is bound to be thread-killingly contentious, do I'm asking a different one, instead:

Who, all told, is the absolute Worst Girl of the old EU?
That is, discounting shitposts and the like
>>
>>54296337
>Who, all told, is the absolute Worst Girl of the old EU?
It's an close toss-up between Callista and whatsherfuck from the Tom Clancy wannabe trilogy.
>>
File: Pinook_Fighter.jpg (126KB, 860x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pinook_Fighter.jpg
126KB, 860x600px
>>54296337
>>
>>54296337
Abeloth.
>>
>>54294217

This is fine. Juke is a fine skill on Omega Leader as it's basically a free crackshot per turn on whatever you have Target Locked. Keep it in. The extral hull is fine, Vessery works here as long as you remember to keep a TL up with Ryad and Omega Leader all the time and Ryad will be your closer as her ability to green K-Turn at multiple speeds makes her very useful.
I'd add Adaptability to Vessery if you got it, make him PS8. You could go PS9 with Veteran Instincts, but without that initiative I don't see it being worth it.
>>
Are freighter or capital ship size uglies a thing? Seems like they would, especially freighters, since you don't necessarily need a lot of combat performance to just haul cargo.
>>
File: ResistanceTransport.jpg (84KB, 1000x535px) Image search: [Google]
ResistanceTransport.jpg
84KB, 1000x535px
>>54297270
This is a transport ugly. Dunno if there's bigger.
>>
>>54296337
I'd say Lusa. First mentioned in Worst Book then showed up in the YJK series
>>
>>54297270
Freighter Uglies is a thing yes, but most are classified as "Heavily modified YT-[number]"
>>
>>54297270

this is an ugly

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Berch_Teller%27s_warship
>>
>>54292752
Where can you find the databases for the oggdude's creator? They obviously don't come with the download.
>>
>>54294671
>>54294217
This man is wrong, Juke is amazing on OL. Predator is not better, especially for the points.

Get some sort of EPT for vessery, cutting his mk2 if needed. Juke would be ideal, but VI to go at PS 8 along OL works too.
>>
>>54294671
>>54297026
>>54297792
Thanks for the advice guys, I don't have VI or adaptability so that's why I didn't include them
>>
>>54296337
Danni Quee. Literally a cardboard cutout of a character.
>>
Thinking of taking a IonRexpert, Ragedraft & VILFAAPure list to the next Store Champ. I love the Defender and the Striker but i haven't played around that much with the TIE/sf yet. Ragedraft's rear arc suckerpunch seems like good tactic but i could use some input from guys who run the TIE/sf more than i have.

>IonRexpert
Rexler Brath — TIE Defender 37
Expertise 4
Ion Cannon 3
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1
TIE/D 0
Ship Total: 45

>Ragedraft
"Backdraft" — TIE/sf Fighter 27
Rage 1
Collision Detector 0
Lightweight Frame 2
Special Ops Training 0
Ship Total: 30

>VILFAA Pure
"Pure Sabacc" — TIE Striker 22
Veteran Instincts 1
Lightweight Frame 2
Adaptive Ailerons 0
Ship Total: 25

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!71:220,22,-1:34:17:;209:175,186,-1,-1:42:31:;239:27:48:31:&sn=IonRexpert%20Ragedraft%20VILFAAPure&obs=
>>
>>54298611

You're mad. But best of luck.
>>
>>54298626
Yeah i'm pretty much in it for the consolation prize stuff. Anything more than that is a huge bonus
>>
>>54298611
I am always a big fan of Ion engine II on defenders
>>
>>54298677

Whilst that Expertise build MIGHT work, I think the points you save the survivability of the X7 title is pretty much autoinclude on a Defender these days.
As for Backdraft, the only time I'd consider Rage on an SF, is paired up with Baffles and a nearby Inspiring Recruit on Quickdraw.
I've tried running an Inspiring Recruit on Whisper with reasonable effect, but a Doomshuttle, Doompatrol or RAC would work as well. As would that janky but hilarious combo of Rhymer + Snap Shot + Tactician.
With Backdraft your best bet is still just to pair him up with a FireCon and VI or Crackshot. There was a time when I thought you could combine his ability with Accuracy Corrector, but I've since discovered that sadly is not the case.
I don't think it's possible to go wrong with Pure Sabacc though, he's 21-22 points of alpha that you can't really ignore.

But what the hell, it's no jankier than lists I've gone to tournements with. Like that Angry Wookie build that used TFA Chewie with Rage some Z-95's and Rex, or my Triple T-70 Build.
>>
>>54294217
Anyone have any advice about going to x-wing events? What to expect and bring (ships, cards, movement templates, and damage deck are givens)? Any tips on how to not fuck up beyond belief, etc?
>>
>>54292762
>>54293462

I built this as a template and play tested it and won a practice game; how does it look?

VCX-100: Lothal Rebel (35)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Fire Control System (2)
· Experimental Interface (3)
· Lando Calrissian (3)
· Jan Ors (2)
· Ghost (0)
Attack Shuttle: · "Zeb" Orrelios (18)
-- TOTAL ------- 69p. --

Jan and Lando are there for additional Evades
>>
>>54300182
Bring hand sanitizer, breath mints, a drink, and, if allowed, a small snack. I know that shit sounds trivial, but the little things do help. Plus, the tabletop gaming crowd isn't always the best with regards to hygiene.
>>
>>54300182
>Take some time to go over the latest iteration of the FAQ
>Bring a notepad and pencil, there will be things you want to write down
>Have plenty of water
>Keep calm, it is a game
>have spare copies of tokens
>have a way to quickly set up and pack up your list. The biggest cause of stress will be making sure you are ready to start when the judge/TO calls time
>Be jovial
>Be at your most presentable
>>
File: Logo2_badf831816.png (107KB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
Logo2_badf831816.png
107KB, 1200x500px
>dislike TCW
>get recommended its music made by kevin kiner
>neverheardofhim.jpg
>check it out
>holy shit he's done a lot of stuff
>check out some of his star wars tracks
>pic is me
>>
>>54296337
It's a toss-up.

Danni is grating as a cheese grater to the balls.

Abeloth is an infuriating Mary Sue of Mary Sues.

Mara Jade is a colossally annoying Sue but a competent creator lessens the blow.

Leia herself has a lot of insufferably cunty moments in the EU and her abilities to this day are very contentious.

Director Ysard is probably one of the stupidest characters ever written, not in concept but in in-universe stupidity. She makes the worst military leaders in history look like geniuses. Frustrates a lot of Empire-y people.

And of course Mala from the Holiday Special, which is the only source of canon for the entire franchise. I ignore every movie and book and only watch the Holiday Special. Kill me.
>>
>>54301681
Tbh I'd say the majority of major EU chicks are pretty bad.

EU >>>>>>>>>>>> Disney any day but I don't think any author ever wrote a consistently good girl in the EU.
>>
>>54302085
What about the women of KotOR2?
>>
>>54302239
I didn't think about that. Touche.
>>
>>54300446
That looks pretty neat.
>>
File: outer-rim-raid.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
outer-rim-raid.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
okay, the mission they made for the new X-wing wave is kind of neat. I like the one flag ctf mode
>>
What's everybody's favourite capital ship?
>>
>>54304418
Never lost a fair fight without being sabotaged or by bad authorial Worf effect.
>>
>>54304592
>implying
the rebels do not fuck around when it comes to packing heat

that thing EVAPORATED
>>
>>54304756
With overwhelming numbers after taking heavier losses than the Imps did.

And remember in EU lore the only reason the Exe didn't blow everything to shit was because Palps ordered it to hold fire
>>
File: that's not how it works.jpg (28KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
that's not how it works.jpg
28KB, 600x338px
>>54304809
>overwhelming numbers
>objectively smaller fleet
>>
>>54304829

In the Expanded Uni version at least the Rebels have at least a few more capital ships and a fair number more support ships than the Empire. Palpatine's goal was to position a seemingly weak fleet to draw them in in full force so he could take them all out, but the thing with Luke happened and he never revoked the Executor's hold fire order.
>>
>>54304870
Man, everything I've seen points to the rebels still being massively outgunned at endor under the EU and the imperial loss coming down from a massive failure in the chain of command
>>
>>54297378
>Literally mirrored the chassis
That's some HEAVY modification.
>>
>>54287209
>We lose Vong but gain Darth Vader dancing to Disney pop songs at conventions.
Massive gain.
>>
>>54304913
Nah, it's just the left-hand drive model for the overseas market
>>
File: 17f4ivs68owmbjpg.jpg (725KB, 1888x2400px) Image search: [Google]
17f4ivs68owmbjpg.jpg
725KB, 1888x2400px
>>54304904
Outgunned? Yeah, but not outnumbered.

ISD classes packed significantly more firepower than MC80s in terms of number of guns and their strength. It's why Ackbar says they won't last long against the Imperial star destroyers.

The MC80s' advantage was very thick hull armor and multiple redundant defense and shield systems which allowed it to potentially defeat ISDs at long range, and more rarely medium range, by attrition. ISDs also had very sturdy armor and good shielding but lacked the same levels as the MC80s and possessed only one set of shields.

The tactics for Rebel fleets was usually to either keep Imperial forces at long ranges and whittle them down or to swarm individual Imperial ships and divide and conquer. The Alliance used a larger number of support ships than the Empire as it their doctrine was to use capital ships as fire support wihle their support ships attacked in overwhelming numbers. The Imperial doctrine was based strongly around capital ships and frontline combat broadside-style, so while they used fewer support ships their capital ships were more powerful, and the general plan was to swarm the enemy starfighter complements with TIEs and keep enemy ships in close range where direct engagement with a star destroyer would most likely result in an Imperial victory. Rebels preferred to make use of concentrated fire and attacks with a divide and conquer strategy, while Imperials preferred a wide arc of fire to overwhelm formations of enemy ships rather than individual vessels.

It comes down to the ideas of Imperial and Rebel fleets. The Empire really liked strong capital ships supported by fighters supported by a small number of support vessels with an emphasis on close combat with the enemy while maintaing organized formations. The Rebellion really liked defensive capital ships providing support to large numbers of support vessels and small craft with an emphasis on maintaing an elastic battle line and keeping a distance with the eneny,
>>
File: x-wing setpiece.jpg (155KB, 797x573px) Image search: [Google]
x-wing setpiece.jpg
155KB, 797x573px
>>54302085
>I don't think any author ever wrote a consistently good girl in the EU
Michael Stackpole and Aaron Allston wrote an entire novel series about the best girl in the franchise, anon.
>>
In the RPG what good skills in a combat situation don't fall under agility? I just double checked and saw that stealth falls under agility instead of cunning. This is along with piloting and every skill involving a ranged weapon.
>>
>>54308156

Demolitions is Mechanics. Vigilance and Cool are both used to determine initiative.
>>
File: 1489341730515.jpg (67KB, 397x525px) Image search: [Google]
1489341730515.jpg
67KB, 397x525px
>>54308189
On this subject how do placed explosives work exactly?

Say a dude plants an AP mine and something steps on it. Does the dude have to roll a skill check to attack the thing that stepped on it or does it automatically hit and deal damage but with no chance of adding successes?

What about Blast too? When you have something like a landmine that is guaranteed to explode and have a blast radius (assuming it goes off successfully) do you need Advantage to activate it? This links to the first part as well. It wouldn't make sense that you'd need to roll an attack to hit with a landmine someone stepped on, but if you don't roll for the attack and still need to spend Advantage for Blast you wouldn't be able to do that.

I'm under the impression that it's an automatic hit and Blast is also inflicted automatically but maybe a check could be provided to see if others (besides the unlucky triggerer) get hit, but if the explosive does go off properly there's no way it would miss a target right on top of it that just activated it.

That's why it seems so weird. If you have to make an attack roll then you can theoretically miss, so what would you even say in that situation? "The bad guy stepped on your landmine but you got two failures in your roll, so the landmine misses." Literally how?

This goes to demolitions too like placing explosive charges. Do you have to roll an attack to detonate an explosive charge?
>>
https://soundcloud.com/neutralstar2/star-wars-machine-broke

Not game related, but holy shit is this great.

Do you guys play music for the RPG's? What about playing X-wing/IA/Armada/Destiny?

My LGS usually played background music during tournaments (random shit for mtg, daft punk/synthwave in netrunner, Star Wars for X-wing etc)
>>
>>54308380

Pretty sure you roll your Mechanics check to set it first - and this becomes your attack roll whenever it gets set off. This is definitely how placing an explosive works, and I'm pretty sure was ported over to mines in AoR.

As for your "The bad guy stepped on your landmine but you got two failures in your roll, so the landmine misses" situation, this means you're a fuck-up who didn't get his demo check right. Either the device wasn't primed correctly, or you set it up wrong, or it was actually a dud and you never figured out, or any other million things which can go wrong.

Places explosives have a set blast radius, but Mines do not - if it does not trigger Blast it's the same as a grenade going off and not hitting anybody. The difficulty for demo in Dangerous Covenants is Easy +1 for each new charge bundled in there so it's not like it's hard though.
>>
>>54308592
Cheers anon. That solves my confusion.
>>
>>54278414
For fixing Auto-Fire, is it a good idea to just increase how much Advantage you need to keep hitting? Instead of 2 it keeps increasing if you try to do more than one hit?

Is there a better way to make Auto-Fire less easy to cheese?
>>
>>54308189
Doesn't seem like there's much to go around. I guess the real question that I'm trying to ask is, if a player has mediocre or bad agility and doesn't have enough soak to run at a group of enemies wielding a stick, what things can they do during combat that can help them feel like they're actually doing something?
>>
>>54309366
You could always try making it act like automatic fire actually does IRL
>>
File: E-9 Explorer.jpg (32KB, 581x286px) Image search: [Google]
E-9 Explorer.jpg
32KB, 581x286px
If the E-5 Explorer is 65m, shouldn't it be sil 5? It's around the same size as the Gozanti.
>>
>>54311998
As in?
>>
File: cunning-plan-weasel.jpg (33KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
cunning-plan-weasel.jpg
33KB, 500x350px
>>54309366
For Autofire... yeah it can get fairly 'easy'
What you could look at is something like a fixed weapon (attached to a vehicle, on a tripod/bipod etc) not being hampered and functioning as normal.
For free-handing it, maybe capping the maximum amount of hits to the Brawn stat?

Fully automatic guns are really hard to tie down unless you've got it mounted or braced to something
>>
>>54312123
>For free-handing it, maybe capping the maximum amount of hits to the Brawn stat?
Could work, still a little OP but I like integrating Brawn.
>>
>>54312123
>>54312166
Making the max number of hits tied to Brawn and requiring one additional Adv each extra hit after the first sounds like the perfect Auto-Fire fix, but I don't want to make it seem completely irrelevant.
>>
>>54312166
The other thing to look at is cutting down on visibility after a couple of rounds of going full yahoo- smoke, fire etc and start throwing in some black dice
Static guns are murderous things though, they're literally designed to shit out bullets and kill people all day. But the drawback is you can't move them as quickly, also means people might need to hunt around for attachments like a bipod instead of just slapping more kill-shit mods on it
>>
>>54312123
>>54312166
>>54312200
The problem is a lot of Auto-fire weapons already have Cumbersome ratings, and some Auto-fire weapons are much smaller, so Brawn wouldn't be an issue. You can autofire a DH-17 but a DH-17 is incredibly compact, even as a Ranged Heavy.

Requiring an additional Advantage for the extra hits sounds like a good idea. It's hard enough to get 5 Advantage early on and even harder to get 9 Advantage total, resulting in four hits. It's far easier to grab 4 Brawn and pump points in the skill to get 4 hits for the cost of 6 Advantage.
>>
File: Sienar.jpg (97KB, 357x482px) Image search: [Google]
Sienar.jpg
97KB, 357x482px
...I can put Bomblet Generator and Unguided Rockets on Deathrain for a bomb, barrel roll, and ordnance every turn.
>>
>>54312285

I still love to think of Sienfeld as the starship designer version of Steve Ballmer.

Eccentric, odd, and overly enthused by the products in question, but creative and genuinely passionate for what he does.

>Developers, developers, developers, developers!
>Solar panels, solar panels, solar panels, solar panels!
>>
File: 88537373-Steve-Ballmer-Getty.jpg (218KB, 1500x1198px) Image search: [Google]
88537373-Steve-Ballmer-Getty.jpg
218KB, 1500x1198px
>>54312307

forgot pic
>>
File: Fina-fucking-lee.png (71KB, 793x309px) Image search: [Google]
Fina-fucking-lee.png
71KB, 793x309px
I've never waited so fucking long for thumbnail pieces of plastic...
>>
>>54307339

Gonna need a link to that entire novel of Asyr Sei'lar, anon.

Or at least to the Erisi Dlarit photoshoot.
>>
File: Pellaeon_absolutelydisgusting.jpg (66KB, 281x246px) Image search: [Google]
Pellaeon_absolutelydisgusting.jpg
66KB, 281x246px
>>54312518
>Bothans
>>
>>54298611
Nothing to add, but just want to say that I love the IonRexpert! I can see it being fun to fly!
>>
>>54300446
That looks good! I run something similar except with Hera as pilot and Nien Nunb instead of Jan Ors, and it works pretty well.
>>
>>
>>54297556
You get them from the bigtent group. You have to make an account, though, iirc.

http://www.bigtent.com/usr/files/101467952_2_00_SWDataSet-Full_DataSet_8Jun2017_1651.zip
>>
>>54294468
I think it's too handy to have all the guns/ships/etc all in one place to not use it, to be honest.
>>
>>54312123
>Fully automatic guns are really hard to tie down unless you've got it mounted or braced to something
Not so much for a small caliber autopistol or pdw.

https://youtu.be/8d-AQsHY1_c?t=5m56s
>>
http://nerdist.com/disney-parks-star-wars-themed-land-looks-dazzling-in-first-preview/

I want to go to the Star Wars disney park so fucking bad, you guys.
You think they'll have a SW tabletop/book store where you can get pickup games of XWM while on vacation? That'd be heaven.
>>
File: iiJqn8I.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
iiJqn8I.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>54317057
Also, more pics of the "new" A-wing
>>
File: 1486057905805.jpg (69KB, 800x990px) Image search: [Google]
1486057905805.jpg
69KB, 800x990px
>>54317057
>>54317184
>set on a specific planet rather than small slices of each major film planet
>potential for more ST-era lore and new fodder for starship minis
Color me interested. I wonder how much of that stuff will end up being counted as truly canon. Please let there be a gigantic arcade packed with flight sim pods all linked together to form a massive, multiplayer virtual dogfight.
>>
File: Boner3.gif (1MB, 343x239px) Image search: [Google]
Boner3.gif
1MB, 343x239px
>>54317355
>spoiler
>>
>>54317355
I think it's gonna be canon in the same way the Avatar theme park is canon. In that it exists in the setting, but no writer is ever allowed to reference it or anything like that. It exists for the sake of an immersive environment, but not really. Shit like this is why I'm glad Disney owns the IP now. Only they could do this and it's an idea with a ton of potential for storytelling.
>>
File: sad aqua.webm (179KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sad aqua.webm
179KB, 1280x720px
>>54317415
>no writer is ever allowed to reference it
>tfw we'll never have a Star Tours novel series
>>
>>54278414
Wargames General is a discord server focused on all things tabletop wargames and RPG related.

We've added a channel for Starwars general, with a focus on Xwing, Armada, and other SW board games, we've alsos got an RPG / writefag channel.

https://discord.gg/gd5zm9x
>>
File: 1200.jpg (86KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
86KB, 1200x675px
>>54316362
Obviously you could make exceptions for some of the Dam 4-5 types of guns that have full auto, but for the most part one handed 'machine pistols' aren't typically very accurate things past 20-30ft and then you're spraying all over the place. What GM's are typically looking for is just a little less rounds on target from players that really ramp up the damage with (invariably) the Heavy Blaster Rifle which has full auto, hits like a truck and kills vast swathes of minions. Plus stitches up big baddies with half a dozen 10+ damage rounds to the point nothing short of a walker can deal with the sheer amount of pain being handed out.

Realistically, that's going to happen with anyone getting shot by a fuckhuge gun. But from a gameplay perspective it does tend to remove all the challenges with a single 'one combat round problem solver' gun, then if you reply in kind with say a couple of Nemesis tier bounty hunters doing the same thing to the group- they're probably all going down in a screaming heap and that's not very heroic. Its a fine line

Generally I tend to let PC's do what they want and left autofire as-is in the rules, but carrying around battlefield grade guns in most areas will get you some personal attention you might not want.
Actually shooting them- you WILL get hunted with extreme prejudice! :)
>>
File: Jedi_Starfighter_EpII.png (917KB, 1442x802px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi_Starfighter_EpII.png
917KB, 1442x802px
>>54317184
Do you think this is the standard Resistance paint, or is it the new Jedi Starfighter?
>>
>>54317665
>Dam 4-5 types of guns
aka any slugthrower pistol
>20-30ft
they're all short range anyway

>Heavy Blaster Rifle
As long as everyone in the party is maintaining a similar power level there's really nothing wrong with the gun being strong. Sure, it's cheese, but as long as everyone's having fun there's no reason not to up the ante.
>>
>>54317842
It might be an homage to Obi-Wan's starfighter, but I don't think the Jedi are coming back in a big enough way to warrant their own fighters.
>>
>>54317892
Maybe Luke's personal fighter?

Also would explain why he didn't take R2 - no astro slot
>>
>>54317665
What I ended up doing is taking some rules and blending them together, and from my rolls (no proper playtesting just yet) it seems balanced. Autofire is still lethal but it doesn't let you become a walking genocide with a HBR by the third session.

>More than one extra Autofire hit costs 3 ADV from then on.
>Weapons are Inaccurate when you Autofire.
>Can't hit more than your Brawn with an Autofire weapon that has Cumbersome unless it's emplaced or a vehicle weapon.
>>
>>54319531
>Weapons are Inaccurate when you Autofire.
What the heck? You're already adding a purple die to the pool when you autofire.
>>
>>54319637
Every little bit helps. If you Autofire at Short you're only getting 2 purple, and if the player has even average Agi and 3 Ranged skill, you can very very easily negate that extra purple. Setback doesn't really make it too much better but every bit helps to keep Autofire weapons from making everyone else feel useless.
>>
>>54319719
All you need to do is ban jury rigging autofire and keep any one person's equipment from outshining the rest of the group.
>>
>>54312285
one day they will undo what they did to fire control system, and my twin punishers build will be back in blue/black
>>
>>54305263
Excellent post, my man.
>>
>>54304870
That's movie canon though, literally a scene in the movie.
Imperials had way more ships but Palpatine ordered that they weren't to use their turbolasers because they would've wiped the rebels too quick.
Piett orders the gunnery officer not to attack, and that fleet was only to 'keep them from escaping'.
>>
>>54320920
It's definitely canon both ways that the Imperial fleet wasn't allowed to engage the Rebel fleet fully at Endor, but the movie doesn't make the Empire look more numerous. Numbers are rarely shown thanks to special effects limitations, even if what we get is impressive, but not too many big ships are shown onscreen at once in battle. The numbers look relatively even. Both canons have always been bad about numbers anyway. According to EUCanon the Empire has 25,000 star destroyer-type ships in service, but the fleet guarding the Emperor himself is only around a dozen or so. It's handwaved by it being the Emperor's plan to lure them in but I dunno.

I also just realized that Endor really was Star Wars Vietnam. Not only does a military force of superior quality get beaten by enemies due to their tactics and incompetency of high command, but the officers ordering their ships not to engage is like those instances in Cambodia where US troops weren't allowed to fully engage hostile forces or make full use of what firepower was available. I never thought of this until just now. Lucas may be a hack fraud but he is a genius hack fraud.
>>
>>54320920
>>54321554

I wish more E.U. authors remembered that the Imps at Endor weren't allowed to engage the Rebels properly because it'd fuck up the Emperor's plans if the entire Rebel fleet was destroyed in minutes which Ackbar himself acknowledges, or seconds in the Executor's case.

Too bad some authors ignored that and decided Star Destroyers were actually just weak and Super Star Destroyers were basically big wads of wet toilet paper. Thanks Stackpole.

Not like Disney's doing any better with its Star Destroyers either.
>>
>>54321554
>It took me a long time to get a hammy metaphor, so it must be smart!
>>
>>54321554
But the USA won the Vietnam War. The viet cong backed off, a permanent peace treaty was signed, the USA left, and then they invaded again. Alternatively,
the USA lost to the anti-war hippies.
It's not like Star Wars at all.
>>
File: IMG_40211.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_40211.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
So, the X-wing in this pic. It's for sure not a T-70. Is it a blue T-65b in the sequel era? or is it a T-85? It looks like it's got a unique round nose cone unlike either design.
>>
>>54322205
I'm a proud Merican myself anon and I love war history but
we didn't accomplish any of our goals. We had to evacuate the country literally evacuate, our side took heavier losses than the commies, and our goal of securing South Vietnam against North Vietnam and the Soviets was a complete failure.

It pretty much is in every way like Star Wars. The Empire's goals failed and they crumbled and a new tihng rose up for the opposing side. The only difference is the Rebellion very likely took heavier battle casualties than the Empire, though if you count the Death Star(s) and their losses in the ICW then it becomes more even.
>>
>>54322256
Looks like a 70, MAYBE the heretofore unseen T-85.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 1008x704px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 1008x704px
>>54322256
It doesn't look too different than this one.

>our goal of securing South Vietnam against North Vietnam and the Soviets was a complete failure.
That didn't happen until after the USA left.
>>
Now that Wave 11 is out, is the Scurrg a cancerous mess?
>>
>>54322284
The cockpit and wings look like T-65 to me. The T-70 has a longer, flatter cockpit and those interlocking wings.
>>
>>54322298
we had to leave because they were beating us, and we were afraid of china or the ussr intervening
>>
>>54322284
>>54322302
That said, on closer inspection, the engines themselves look like T-70 (half cylinders).
I want it to be the T-85. It's not a bad design.
>>
What are some fun ideas for a "crashlanded on a backwater planet" adventure?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1099x847px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1099x847px
>>54322315
You are misinformed. The viet cong were completely thrashed just before the peace accords, but then they had time to rebuild and oil prices jumped so the south couldn't afford to use all the nice tanks and planes they'd been left. People like to pretend the USA left immediately after the Tet Offensive, but that just isn't the case. 4/10 see me after class.

>>54322472
>the party crashes into the winter/summer home of a powerful dude in the summer/winter
>the party crashes right next to a secret imperial research base
>the party crashes on a very small uninhabited moon
>>
>>54322472

Crash land on Weik. Have to spend several sessions dealing with the reality of being on a world with literal Force-Wizards, lightsabre wielding paladins, and next to no technology, all the while trying to cobble together a ship to escape.

This is the first part of my next campaign. The players suspect nothing at this time.
>>
>>54322256
Look like a cross between a Stealth-X and a T-70. My guess is on T-85 (or hoping against all hope, a T-65 Stealth-mod)
>>
>>54322256
Weren't the Blue squadron X-Wings blue in Rogue One? The round nose and weird proportions might be due to it being a model and not the actual thing.
Probably just a blue T-65
>>
>>54323316
yes, but the setting of the land is sequel era, not OT era.
>>
>>54323353
Oh, I thought it was a mix of eras. Probably a T-85 then
>>
>>54322315
>China intervene
China hated the Viet Minh, the PRC invaded a couple years after the US left
>>
Is it too early to start talking about Armada Wave VII? Rebels could use another medium-base ship, but all I can realistically come up with is the MC75 from Rogue One. Would probably have low attack dice, but good squadron value and the ability to equip various types of comms fuckery. Imperials, I got nothing.

Another option would be the release of more fighters and/or flotillas as part of Wave 6.5. A Rogues and Villains II might work. How about title packs? Or would that be integrated into another campaign expansion.
>>
File: IMG_0610.png (176KB, 1000x695px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0610.png
176KB, 1000x695px
Is there any database that you guys use for the FFG RPG? My mate is running a game for me and his family, and I hate watching him thumb through pages for stat blocks before the session. Something akin to the /5eg/ github file specifically
>>
>>54324324
See >>54292752 >>54292647
>>
>>54324324
>>54324369
Sadly the fill-in info for Oggdude's is located on some shitty site where you have to register and log in to access the file, and the other program isn't finished yet.
>>
>>54324495
You could try https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5vuh3ylPNDWdk5wbEZZd0xyWjA/view but I haven't used it.
>>
>>54324495
Pretty sure the fill-in files are in our links in the OP's post
>>
I was going to run Rey/Norra for my store championship next Saturday, but with Wave 11 out I no longer think that's a good idea. Would Braylen/Jess/Biggs/Rex still be viable?
>>
>>54324835
>OggDude Character Generator Description Fill-in Files
>https://www.bigtent.com/groups/swchargen

Because uploading it to Mediafire or Mega would've been so hard.

"Bigtent" or whatever the shit makes you register and log in.
>>
>>54323467
Like I said before, the land is a canonical setting. Apparantly there's a story-driven reason why the First Order and Resistance have bases in close proximity to each other there.
>>
>>54325707
Making an account ain't hard either.
>>
>>54325707
There's literally a link straight to the file in the thread, jackoff, and it's easier to just join the bigtent group so you can grab an updated version yourself when a new splat comes out.
>>
One thing I'm interested in seeing at the Star Wars land is actually the restrooms. I don't think we've ever been alluded to what a lavatory consists of in the Star Wars setting. And, while they can't go full Three Seashells on us, I think that it's a glimpse into an otherwise unseen part of the universe.
>>
>>54325996
>I don't think we've ever been alluded to what a lavatory consists of in the Star Wars setting.
Think again.
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Refresher
>>
>>54326022
I stand corrected, thank you!
Do you think Disney will invent a sort of sonic shower?

Also, will this land have its own resort/hotel like many of the other disneyworld lands? I'd spend a week in Star Wars town.
>>
Is Before the Awakening or any of the other Journey to TFA books worth reading?
>>
>>54287372
>with him going through the protagonists without slowing
And not managing to kill a single one. Rebels Vader is a pussy.
>>
>>54324519
>"ultimate" gm database
>most of it is incomplete
>doesn't even list any non-animal adversaries

I'll pass. Vaguely helpful but they shouldn't act like it's complete.
>>
>>54325763
>>54325862

Why is a Chechnyan registration site called BigTent necessary at all when Mega exists?

Even fucking Github.
>>
>>54326323
To filter out babies who need spoonfeeding.
>>
File: image.png (87KB, 1063x649px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
87KB, 1063x649px
>>54326273
>And not managing to kill a single one.
>implying orange buttcheeks is alive

>>54326286
Wrong.

>>54326323
>>54326339
This, to be honest. Some very generous people have gone through the effort to provide you with all these books and resources >for free. Don't be a twat.
>>
>>54326339
>>54326357

>let's put it on a shady login site so we don't spoonfeed babies

what did he mean by this
>>
>>54326286
>>54326357
>"ultimate" gm database
Nevermind, was thinking you were replying to a different post. Yeah, that is kinda lame.
>>
Can anyone explain how bumping works in x wing?
>>
>>54326599
If a maneuver template overlaps another ship, but the maneuvering ship can be placed without bumping, nothing happens.

If you would end a maneuver overlapping another ship, the maneuvering ship ends its movement in base to base contact with that ship, facing the direction in which both of its sets of nubs are in line with the maneuver template. That ship also loses its ability to perform an action this turn.
>>
File: 1495595971302.jpg (292KB, 1920x863px) Image search: [Google]
1495595971302.jpg
292KB, 1920x863px
>>54325354
Hard to say. With cruise missiles being powerful, they have a good chance of wiping at least Rex out with one attack that goes around Biggs.

Honestly Rey/Norra still doesn't sound bad to me. It's one of the few lists that has the lots of firepower needed to kill Scurrgs reliably, while still having good matchups against a lot of other lists.

>>54322302
PS10 Nym was a mistake. Or rather making him an 8 that didn't have any reason to not ever not take VI. I don't think the ship is ridiculously high on the power curve, not compared to some releases, but there's just enough in there to make me kinda hate them. Genius bomblets seem like almost pure cancer to a high-PS prepositioning ship. They're not going to stop me from running my Decimator, and ordinance does blow them up pretty. They're perfect targets for plasma torps.

Nym should have been a 7, and it should have had four hull instead of five.

That said I think the wave as a whole is pretty well designed. I had a lot of fun with Intensity Poe, and while they're somewhat tricky to pull off cruise missiles are a ton of fun. The reignition of the PS wars does not make me happy though.
>>
>>54316000
Why is that firespray flying upside down?
>>
>>54328363
In a spaceship there is no up or down.
>>
File: top gun upside down.png (304KB, 840x420px) Image search: [Google]
top gun upside down.png
304KB, 840x420px
>>54328363
Maybe the pilot wants to share his love of Top Gun with that YT.
>>
>>54328363
Maybe they're from Space Australia.
>>
>>54328363
Maybe you're the one that's upside down.
>>
What the fuck do I build with Wave XI?
This shit is confusing. I feel like I should be doing everything at once.
>>
>>54329394
What game? X-wing?
>>
>>54329467

I am pretty sure that Armada is not up to wave eleven...

Yah mate, X-wing!
>>
File: swm_op_rulesupdate.jpg (39KB, 590x250px) Image search: [Google]
swm_op_rulesupdate.jpg
39KB, 590x250px
>>54329476
haha, okay okay good point. Sorry then I can't help ya, I only play Armada at this point... I can only afford 1 addiction :P
>>
>>54329394
A lot of the new things we got in XI are about doing one thing really well. You don't want to overextend in squad building. It's too easy to build paper tigers.
>>
>>54329394
>>54329831

Despite people often grousing about how flexible certain ships are, rarely do you actually want to do everything. Spending points to save points usually works out poorly, and everything has limitations. Focus on the strategy which is most key overall and then shore up your weak areas or what your alternate strategies are. You want to bomb, run bombs. You want to turret, run turrets. Then pick additional upgrades to suit that strategy.
>>
File: Bohao Wang The_moment_3.jpg (227KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
Bohao Wang The_moment_3.jpg
227KB, 1280x719px
late night spessbumps
>>
File: IMG_9960.jpg (314KB, 1920x1214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9960.jpg
314KB, 1920x1214px
Well anons, I'm going to my first x-wing event today (which is also going to be the first time I've ever played a game of x-wing). Here's to hoping things don't go horribly for me
>>
>>54333322
Good luck, anon!

I'm going to another Store Championship today, trying out some crazy wave XI shit.

Scurrg H-6 Bomber: Captain Nym (44)
•Havoc (0)
Adaptability (+1) (0)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Cluster Mines (4)
Cluster Mines (4)
Minefield Mapper (0)
R4-E1 (1)

YT-2400 Freighter: •Dash Rendar (55)
Smuggling Compartment (0)
•Outrider (5)
•Lone Wolf (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
•Sabine Wren (2)
Ion Bombs (2)
Burnout SLAM (1)

Total: 100
>>
>>54333647
Thanks anon, good luck to you too! Very interested in hearing how the Scurrg is!
>>
>>54333366
Yes.
>>
File: kit_fisto_sw_372.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
kit_fisto_sw_372.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
>>54333366
>>
Does anyone know if the d23 live-action panel is being streamed anywhere? I certainly can't find it if it is.
>>
File: 1458498232265.png (190KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
1458498232265.png
190KB, 533x400px
>X-Wing Streams/Youtube
>Overlay doesn't display roll results or damage on ships.
>>
>>54335763
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/867409-d23-live-action-movies

Not streamed but here's a feed
>>
>>54336754
>overlay does not include upgrades
>>
File: Shocked Aliens.png (877KB, 877x406px) Image search: [Google]
Shocked Aliens.png
877KB, 877x406px
>>54337089
>Overlay includes upgrades, but doesn't note when they are discarded.
>>
>>54337297

>Comments are disabled for this video.
>>
>>54337511
>Comments are enabled, but they're all worthless whining
>>
Does anyone have any good inforamtion on what uses there were for enslaved species/peoples/groups/etc in galactic history.
>>
>>54338191
Mining spice.
>>
>>54338191
The Essential Atlas has some info on it but the details of enslaved people are usually pretty scant.

The superancient empires and nations like Rakata had slaves build some of their shit. During the time of KOTOR slavery was common thanks to Hutt Space and supposedly the Jedi and Sith both made use of them.

The Republic didn't really care and the Empire cracked down on it but not really depending on where you went.

Races like Wookiees and Trandoshans were enslaved for hard labor, and races like Twi'leks were enslaved for the purposes of entertainment. Humans being versatile were enslaved for a wide variety of reasons. The Empire's use of "slaves" was most often from prisoners arrested for treason or sedition and they served prisoner work functions or as house helpers for the few Imperial officials who took part in it.

In the Republic some senators owned slaves for the same purpose, domestic duties and overseeing their large estates.
>>
>>54338191
>>54338444
>>54338489
Spice mining, household labor, farming, hard labor and industrial labor, logging on forest worlds, entertainer staff and musicians, factory workers. Just look at the Roman Empire or Europe or the Ottomans or the Mongols' uses of slaves and that's pretty much exactly what everyone's done with them in Star Wars since the Infinite Empire.
>>
>>54338489
>The Republic didn't really care

>"I can't believe there's still slavery in the galaxy. The republic's anti-slavery laws are..." - Padme in TPM
>>
>>54338615
>The republic's anti-slavery laws are

obviously pretty ineffective.
>>
>>54338668
Regardless of their effectiveness within areas they may or may not police, they obviously care at least a little bit if they have anti-slavery laws.
>>
I want one.
>>
File: Hoojib.jpg (45KB, 332x445px) Image search: [Google]
Hoojib.jpg
45KB, 332x445px
>>54340564
Ain't that something
>>
File: sulkAs8.jpg (62KB, 1680x702px) Image search: [Google]
sulkAs8.jpg
62KB, 1680x702px
>>54340564
There's been so many new species I wanna play as since the new stuff came out.
>>
File: t1hUnDd.jpg (66KB, 1680x700px) Image search: [Google]
t1hUnDd.jpg
66KB, 1680x700px
>>54340724
>>
File: grandpa metallica.jpg (93KB, 562x598px) Image search: [Google]
grandpa metallica.jpg
93KB, 562x598px
>>54340564
W-was /tv/ right? Are the force penguins real?
>>
These new character posters are pretty fantastic.
>>
>>54341120
>>
>>54341135
>>
>>54341144
>>
>>54341158
>>
>>54341170
>>
>>54341120
>These new character posters are pretty shitty.
fify
>>
>>54341120
>>54341135
>>54341144
>>54341158
>>54341170
>>54341202
>literally all look the same
>>
there's probably a little red riding hood joke in here somewhere
>>
>>54341240
>These new character posters are pretty lazy

There we go.

Promotion stills run through two filters maybe set a gritty mood, and that mood is "Series of Novels You Never Heard Of Cluttering a Barnes & Noble Shelf"
>>
>>54341240
>>54341250
>>54341296
>disney has literally no idea how to into sequels
>try to make something out of an IP with decades of movies/books/shows/etc
I've got my fingers crossed they'll surprise me and save TFA along with it, but I'm deebly goncerned.

>inb4 FFG makes a setting splat for this era before one for the old republic
>>
>>54341494
TFA is unsaveable. Kennedy and Hidalgo need firing.
>>
Those promo posters basically confirm Disney is sending Star Wars the way of Marvel. It's all going to become the same carbon copy capeshit nonsense slapped together to sell off in foreign markets.
>>
>>54341580
Neither TFA nor RO were similar to Marvel's bog standard cape movies, nor were they overly similar to each other.
>>
>>54341604
RO might've been actually good if it'd a carbon copy of guardians. At least they might've had memorable characters.
>>
>>54341710
I remember Guardians characters as quip delivery vehicles. While I may not remember the characters in Rogue One, I do remember that they were involved in interesting, complicated, and brutal shit, which is actually satisfying cinematically.
>>
>>54341710
>>54341759
Guardians characters are annoying pieces of shit and RO characters are boring pieces of shit.

Either way you're stuck with a piece of shit.
>>
File: wraith squadron cover with text.jpg (769KB, 1250x2000px) Image search: [Google]
wraith squadron cover with text.jpg
769KB, 1250x2000px
>>54340564
Is Poe going to fly a TIE with one of those strapped to his chest?
>>
>X-Wing Store Tournament tomorrow
>Too scared to go
Mad, do I wish people showed up for the regular weekly games.
>>
>>54342414
I've yet to encounter a tournament scene for X-Wing or any game that isn't extremely toxic.
>>
File: M1911A1.png (862KB, 1200x751px) Image search: [Google]
M1911A1.png
862KB, 1200x751px
>>54341911
>1911

Calling it now, Mr. Browning, the Young Han Solo movie will be the point where they fuck it up completely.
>>
>>54342499
The Han Solo movie is going to be what people call "an unmitigated disaster".
>>
>>54342499
>casting donald glover

Really, he determines if the movie will be shitty or not. The original lando calrissian was filled with energy, and always had a sly grin. If glover brings his trademark dead-fish, half-asleep delivery, the movie will be shit.
>>
File: 1421182726674.jpg (167KB, 731x1158px) Image search: [Google]
1421182726674.jpg
167KB, 731x1158px
>>54342499
>1911
>Browning
>>
>>54342741
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Browning
>>
>>54342789
Well, shit, is my face red. I keep forgetting the guy worked with Colt. Or how often the big US arms industry names crossed paths in general.
>>
>>54341516
Hidalgo has all but outright said he dislikes TFA. It's in his bottom three favorite films of the eight released so far.
>>
So Heaver won an event today with Biggs/Lowhhrick/Jes/Rex, which means everyone is going to be running it by the end of the weekend. I figure the way around this list is to just get behind it; it's 3 ships with no reposition and a TIE fighter. With that in mind I figure something like this would stand a good chance

Jake Farrell — A-Wing 24
Veteran Instincts 1
Proton Rockets 3
Push the Limit 3
Autothrusters 2
A-Wing Test Pilot 0
Ship Total: 33

Poe Dameron (PS9) — T-70 X-Wing 33
Push the Limit 3
BB-8 2
Pattern Analyzer 2
Autothrusters 2
Black One 1
Ship Total: 43

Ahsoka Tano — TIE Fighter 17
Veteran Instincts 1
Rey 2
Captured TIE 1
Sabine's Masterpiece 1
Ship Total: 22

Thoughts?
>>
>>54344134
I really want to run this list but I still need to get veteran instincts, one more push the limit, and a sabine's tie
>>
>>54342484
I've had the exact opposite experience. The vast majority of folks at tournies locally and around the country have been decent at worst and bros for life at best. >>54342414 you should go and have fun.

>>54344134
That looks familiar, though I prefer R2-D2 on Poe. The hard part will be getting damage through on the tanky ships.

Also, I got 2nd with my Dash/Nym today. Final game ended with simultaneous destruction and final salvo.
>>
>>54344134
Poe with Intensity, BB-8 and Autothrusters sounds like so much fun, being able to do a free barrel then get an evade token for free plus getting a focus for my actual action seems like a fun time
>>
File: 1481012039706.jpg (311KB, 1800x950px) Image search: [Google]
1481012039706.jpg
311KB, 1800x950px
>>54342414
It will be literally fine. Yeah, X-wing can be a pretty intimidating thing. Take the list you're most comfortable with and have some fun.

>>54342484
This guy is full of shit. I've been going to tournaments regularly for years and have yet to meet an actually toxic person. Definitely some people who don't know how to handle social situations, or are really stereotypical nerds, but no one who was actually meanspirited. The forums are not representative of how people act in person.

>>54344134
>Biggs/Lowhhrick/Jes/Rex

>Doesn't have a Braylen stressbot.
>Imp Aces and fat turrets, and motherfucking Dengar are going to goddamn laugh at that as they reposition around it and slowly wear it down.

Braylen is what makes that list. He shuts down so much. I don't see how adding some additional tankiness to a already reasonably tanky list is going to help it. Good to know to plan for four ship Rebels everywhere next weekend though. It won because it's goddamn Heaver and four Rebel ships is his specialty. Seriously, he's been playing the archtype since fucking wave 3 when he first won worlds.

It is cool that the Wookie ship won right out the gate though, a lot of people were feeling meh about it. I had good fun with Wulfrallo last Thursday.
>>
>>54344440
>>54344910
I know it'd be fun and friendly if it were just a bunch of randos, but for sure there are going to be a group of players who regularly attend Worlds, and they'll be out for blood. I don't know if I have the stamina to stand there and get my teeth kicked in for six hours
>>
>>54341710
Writing characters that drop some jokes and funny memes to make them "likeable" and "developed" has to be the single thing I hate the most of any kind of story. Ask any moron what makes a good story and two things will happen:

1) They'll tell you that characters are the most important part of the story. This is arguably true, but it also means that no matter how good the plot, pacing, and setting are they will dismiss those things immediately

2) The characters they think are the best are always the ones that make funny jokes. This is apparently the deciding factor in what makes a great character
>>
File: 1493587914469.jpg (144KB, 1024x725px) Image search: [Google]
1493587914469.jpg
144KB, 1024x725px
>>54345118
Do you want to get good? Because that's how you do it. Play people much better than you and watch how they do what they do. Don't take your ships getting blown up personally. Getting your teeth kicked in can teach you a lot. I went 1-4 at my first tournament which was a SC, but now pretty regularly make top 4 at SCs. But yeah, I can understand why that wouldn't be as fun if you just want to push some starships around.

Oh man would I love to play some worlds quality players. We have some really good people around where I am, but not quite up to Heaver standards.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.