[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/GURPSgen/? /GURPSgen/! Remember to check the PDF if you're new!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 57

File: GURPS General.pdf (340KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
GURPS General.pdf
340KB, 1x1px
/GURPSgen/? /GURPSgen/!

Remember to check the PDF if you're new!
>>
How would you stat a living drawing?
>>
>>54277541
>Remember to check the PDF if you're new!
You're not supposed to spoil the surprise, retard, now we can't gotcha the newcomers.

Are there any dogfighting rules? How would dogfighting work in GURPS, anyways, in general GURPS assumes you won't be switching Z-levels very often but aerial games probably require it. Is horizontal motion more common than vertical motion? If so, one could just switch GURPS to a side-scroller view and make the Z-level the horizontal movement. But it's probably the dirtiest most bullshit hack I've ever suggested for any game.
>>
>>54277938
Shadow Form (Can Carry Objects, Light, +20%; 3-D Movement, +20%; Light Insensitive, +20%; Finite Thickness, -50%) [55]; Vulnerability (Corrosion x2) [-30].
>>
File: IMG_0465.jpg (1MB, 4028x2266px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0465.jpg
1MB, 4028x2266px
In my setting I'm making, PC's are called creators and can imbue objects with life.

Objects can vary, books, drawings, sculptures, you name it.

Here is my general template for creations, did I miss anything?
>>
>>54277957
>Tactical dogfighting
Oh god. No, the way GURPS handles it is abstract. It uses the same rules as chase scenes from Action; every "round" (which is long enough for something cool/significant to happen) is a quick contest of Pilot with some modifiers, mostly the vehicle's handling and its max speed. Winning the quick contest affects range as normal and set you up to fire at the other plane.

This is covered in full detail in "Eidetic Memory: Dogfight Action!" in Pyramid #3/53 Action.

>>54277938
"Animating Your Life" in Pyramid #3/101 Humor gives a 205-point racial template for Animates, or living drawings. You can probably tone it down a bit, as the racial template fits settings like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, where the toon-ness is pushed to the extreme to let them survive things like falling pianos, rampant steam rollers, or getting diced to bits when launched through a propeller.
>>
>>54277957
Gotcha, newcommer! There's a pdf in unofficial sourcebooks about dogfighting.

t. OP
>>
>>54278460
Homogenous might not always be a for-sure thing. If the object has internal moving parts (vehicles, firearms, etc.), it should have Unliving instead.

Actually, now that I think about it, Injury Tolerance shouldn't be included in the template at all. The object should already have the appropriate form of Injury Tolerance; it doesn't make sense for that to be granted by a Creator. Same with Immunity to Metabolic Hazards--it's not like the china cabinet can catch the flu before being imbued with life.
>>
>>54277957
You strange.
>Z-level shooting described in B.
>Tactical vehicle combat described in B.
> If its not enough there spaceships book about small fighters in atmosphere. With math.
If you had hard time to summarize those like 1+1, try less complicated system, not gurps, like d&d or fate.
>>
>>54278922
People miss shit, dude. No need to be a jerk to him, even if he isn't a beacon of politeness to begin with.

GURPS doesn't exactly have the numbers where we can just shit on random people. Be nice, draw them in, and get them hooked on GURPS.
>>
What would you recommend to a new GURPS player where I play a sniper/scout/ranger in a ww1-2 setting ?
>>
>>54279163
What sort of recommendation are you looking for? Book recommendation?

If it's books:
>Basic Set (duh)
>High-Tech (for guns and equipment; also ask if the gm is using any rules from here)
>Tactical Shooting (ask your GM if he's using any rules from here)

If it's character ideas, we're going to need a point total.
>>
If I want my insubstantial ghosts to be affected by silver weapons, how do I stat that?
>>
File: Capture.png (17KB, 226x235px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17KB, 226x235px
>>54279849
Accessibility limitation.
Depending on how many ways to deal damage there are in setting, it can be just -5% at best.
>>
>>54279920
So that "intangible (except to silver)" would be about -5%. This would not just make you vulnerable to silver weapons though, a person could also trap you in a silver cage.
>>
>>54279920
Awesome, thanks!
>>
>>54279920
Just as an alternative, you can use rules for Environmental limitation or Achilles' Heel from Unkillable. They mostly relies on description instead of strict math, which can be more useful in some cases.
>>
File: 1425808425591.jpg (80KB, 540x656px) Image search: [Google]
1425808425591.jpg
80KB, 540x656px
>I have to play an overcomplicated system with hard math instead of a simple system like FATE, WoD, or D&D, just to feel superior
God, gurpstards are pathetic.
>>
>>54279213
Anything that from does kinds of books.

I already made my charecter but am looking for ways to improve him.

Current I have an SL of 17 for guns (rifle) and a bunch of other things which include the talents Outdoorsman, Survivalist and Stalker.

I did find something called "Single Minded" that seems great for high value targets, is there anything more that would be good for a wilderness sniper kind of thing ?
>>
>>54280402
Phone post, sorry about that
>>
File: laff.png (763KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
laff.png
763KB, 800x800px
>>54280375
>>
File: 1425808585383.jpg (40KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1425808585383.jpg
40KB, 479x720px
>I have to suggest GURPS over all other systems whenever anybody asks for suggestions and disregard all other options and arguemented opinions
>>
File: laugh.jpg (141KB, 845x883px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
141KB, 845x883px
>>54280442
>>
>>54280442
I mean I'm legally contracted to, so yeah, I do.

They have my family anon please help they aren't monitoring me so closely because this is a GURPS thread this is my only chance please help.
>>
File: 1434456459765.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1434456459765.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>So, I wanted to play Shadowrun-
>lol play GURPS, it does shadowrun better than shadowrun itself xD
>In my D&D game I have-
>Anon, why are you playing D&D? Just play GURPS, it does D&D better than D&D
>But-
>Play GURPS
You guys are unbearable. The worst playerbase.
>>
File: 1467195806907.jpg (50KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
1467195806907.jpg
50KB, 567x567px
>Playing tabletop RPGs? Why yes, I do play them. I play GURPS, because I can do math and calculus, unlike those *smirks* D&D players
>>
File: 1434455930638.jpg (7KB, 192x262px) Image search: [Google]
1434455930638.jpg
7KB, 192x262px
>So you be saying you play Dark Heresy? Can you do halfswording in Dark Heresy?
>No, it's completely irre-
>Sssh. I don't want to listen to why your inferior system disregards such common techniques
>>
File: (You).gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
(You).gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>54280375
>>54280442
>>54280465
>>54280480
>>54280502
Thanks, saving these for later.
>>
File: keksimus maximus.jpg (46KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
keksimus maximus.jpg
46KB, 596x628px
>>54280465
>>54280480
>>54280502
Wow you're very good!
>>
How to make Brütal Legend style weaponry and musical attacks with it? Combined gadget from instrument, melee weapon and most related gun [which is just for statline] fine?
Like combining guitar, axe and carbine, into guitaraxe, with shooting mode.
I'm trying to avoid using [advantages] [Innate Attack] as much as possible from pure gadget things, like, "this shit is not for just You, it's allowed for everyone in setting, they get it without spending points". (so, yes, I'm that guy who allows buying cyber implants with just money in his games)
And will RPM be a good magic system choice for spellcasters here?
>>
>>54280402

World war 1 or 2? You said both, and unless you are going to play hard-ass grandpa that seems somewhat unlikely.

From High Tech, the camouflage shirt is a solid choice. Light armor from High Tech might also be worthwhile for your character, it's very light but can be a lifesaver vs pistol rounds and shell fragments, and does take some of the edge off of getting hit with a rifle round.

In general my advice for a shooter at long range in GURPS is to set up shots before you fire. Whenever you can spot the enemy first, get into cover, brace your rifle on cover, aim for three seconds, then fire. Make sure your friends do the same, each picking a different target.

Once the fight is started aim for one second before you fire. This slows down your rate of fire but really ups your accuracy.

Shotguns are surprisingly viable in a world war game. Buckshot gives you a bonus to hit and can fuck up people at much longer range then many videogame inspired rule sets allows for.
>>
>>54280713
If it's equipment common to the setting you can build it as a bit of combination equipment.

For example:

Ax Bass. Cost $1500. Weight 10. This tool of the Old Gods of Rock may be switched between three different uses with a Ready action.

As Melee Weapon: Two handed axe/mace skill, damage swing+2 cut, reach 1,2

As ranged weapon: Rifle skill, damage 5d pi, range 300/800, magazine 60+1, acc 3, ROF 10, Recoil 2, bulk 6

As Bass: Internally amplified five string bass. +1 Grimoir for Path of Bass magic. May be connected to an external amplifier, increasing it's power. Power 1/B 3 hours, but generally powered by a bottled Damned Soul, providing eternal power.

This represents a Good but otherwise unremarkable Ax Bass, as a garage hero might wield to defeat Disco Goblins. The weapons of Great Heroes are often Fine, Very Fine, Ultra-fine and may be Vibroblade, Ultradense or both.
>>
Does an action count for Trademark if it's performed as part of preparation, not execution? Mixing tobacco into explosives, for example.
>>
>>54280957
Thanks man, the game is set in a setting inspired by both world wars though mainly the first one so most weapons are bolt action.

What I am mostly looking for are advantages that would be best suited for the role of a stealthy sniper
>>
File: tumblr_n754wqbbBK1rw960oo1_1280.jpg (317KB, 647x863px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n754wqbbBK1rw960oo1_1280.jpg
317KB, 647x863px
>>54281271
Kind of.

In this case, it's the very distinct residue you leave when your bomb goes off/gets disarmed and analyzed that counts. It makes it easier to trace your work and thus slightly increases the risk you are taking.

That said it only counts as a very minor one, given that it doesn't take any extra time on scene, so I'd say you are in quirk territory around 1 point. If you always leave tobacco-laced explosives behind, even if it's not necessary to blow anything up, that would be a much more serious trademark.

Smoking kills.
>>
Is there a way to use a shield as cover instead of blocking? I had someone with 4 archers aiming at him and we couldn't find a rule but the GM let me kneel behind a large shield to take full cover behind it.
>>
>>54281451
Nothing hard and fast, but the cover rules work fine with shields; the GM just has to make a judgment call on what hit locations are covered. I think there's a rules nugget on TBone's blog that spells it out specifically if that's what you want.
>>
>>54278618
So even if they are characters they don't need to pay for it?

How does that even work?
>>
>>54282437
They do pay for it. It's just not granted by the Creator. It's something they would possess beforehand, like their HP and DR values. A table doesn't breathe, doesn't eat, doesn't bleed, and lacks any sort of vitals; this is always the case, so it's part of the table's native "racial" template. Once a Creator imbues it with life, then it ALSO gains IQ, movement, etc.
>>
>>54282499
Well then how would you do it?
>>
>>54282532
How would I do what? The ability to Create? Affliction that grants ths Living Object lens that includes ST, DX, and IQ; removes Basic Move 0; and adds a couple fringe benefits, and give the affliction a boosted duration.
>>
>>54282579
Living object lens sounds just what I am looking for, what book is it in?

What book are the item templates in?
>>
>>54282599
Item's should crib heavily from the Machine meta-trait (p. B263) when appropriate and subbing Homogenous for Unliving where necessary. DR will need to be eyeballed, but there's a table for HP on p. B558.

Sadly, there is no Living Item lens (to my knowledge, at least), so you would need to make one up. On the other hand, this is something you may not need to do. It makes sense that every Creator makes a different sort of object. Some Create things that are near-mindless brutes good for manual labor and guard duty but little else while others make things that ooze gracefulness or are positively cerebral. This approach takes the burden off your shoulders and let's the players further customize their characters and let their Creations reflect their Creator.
>>
Are Mars Attack and Discworld already out?
>>
Is their dominance lacking slave mentality?
>>
>>54282579
What is the cost for adding a template?
>>
>>54284295
The... cost of the template? Templates and lenses are just packages of traits. Voice is Voice; it costs 10 points whether you buy it normally, get it from the Elf racial template, or take it as part of the Bard occupational template.
>>
>>54284295
>>54284544
To add a template with an affliction
>>
>>54284610
Ohhhh, my apologies. I've priced it as an advantage or a disadvantage depending on the total amount the package costs. For example, a 100-point template is a +1000% enhancement because advantages are normally +10% per point of granted advantage; alternatively, a template that comes out to [-50] is a +50% enhancement because disadvantages are normally +1% per point of inflicted disadvantages.
>>
>>54284805
That's actually annoying, if I wanted to add a template that costs 0 it would cost me more than if I just made a template that only helps.

Boo
>>
>>54284844
>I've priced it as an advantage or a disadvantage depending on the total amount the package costs.
>total amount the package costs
A template with 150 points worth of traits and -50 worth of disadvantages costs 100 and is a +1000% enhancement, not a +1500% enhancement for the positive traits and another +50% for the disadvantages.
>>
>>54284982
So a template costing nothing, costs nothing?
>>
>>54285004
Yes. If you balance every positive trait with a negative one, you get a 0-point template that is a +0% enhancement to Affliction.
>>
>>54285073
Where is the official ruling for this? That doesn't sound right to me.
>>
>>54285073
How do I make an affliction cost hp to use?
>>
>>54285100
Costs HP limitation
>>
>>54285087
Wow, I feel fucking retarded. I managed to forget an important step.

With the Affliction, your give your target an appropriate Alternate Form. Just like Affliction (Warp), this granted advantage takes effect immediately and is forced on the target; they don't get to switch back and forth, and they're stuck in their AF until the Affliction's duration end. This is canonical (see the Frog curse on p. P143).

So yeah, the template itself does come out to 0 points, but the Affliction itself will still have +150% due to Alternate Form costing 15 points + (90% of the racial template). I'm sorry about the confusion; I've been running realistic/no-magic campaigns for a while now, so I'm rusty on some of the more mystical character options.

Remember, kids, it's easier to double-check before you post than eat crow later on.
>>
>>54285336
>eat crow
RELEASE GRIMOIRE YOU FUCKING NEANDERTHAL.
>>
File: 1465499214632.jpg (60KB, 1129x707px) Image search: [Google]
1465499214632.jpg
60KB, 1129x707px
>>54285387
Our mystical magic birb in Grimwyrd is named Memory
>>
>>54285336
I see and do this type of activity a lot in /GURPSGEN/, where a poster flubs the rules then corrects them (usually as a meaty explanation why, with citations) in the same thread. It's quite nice to see.

>>54284028
Yes.

>>54284265
Infectious Attack.

A question for the noble GMs that have run games for people completely new to GURPS: What sort of stumbling blocks did the players come across when it came to actual in-game play? I know chargen is basically a game unto itself, and there's a variety of ways to tackle that (lenses, templates, building characters for them, etc.), but what did people have issue with during the game?
>>
>>54285996
Remembering all the different methods to attack. All out Attack, evaluate, move and attack, parry, ect.
>>
what edition should i use? i saw some old people saying that 3e with the compendium was way better than 4e and how 4e had some really shitty books like magic, is that true? also, if i wanted to play gurps with people in real life, would I be able to go someplace where they host D&D stuff and ask if I could do GURPS there?
>>
>>54286755
4e.
Shitty books can be ignored, if you play a campaign with no place for them.
>>
>>54286801
how can i tell if a book is shitty? would it be obvious, like it making no sense or being inconsistent?
>>
>>54286805
There are two generally not-so-good books for 4e: Magic (which is a haphazard 3e book conversion) and Ultra-Tech (the tech in which is less generic that one might think).
>>
>>54286755
4e's magic is shit because it's 3e's magic. 4e is streamlined and basically superior in every way other than sheer volume of splats, and most of those splats are good because of the fluff/background intel, not the crunch, and the crunch is easily convertible anyway. GURPS is not D&D; different editions are improved and refined versions of earlier editions, not entirely different games with the same brand name slapped on it.

As for finding a group, in theory, yeah, just go up and ask at FLGSs, but in practice, it's not the most popular system, so you're likely going to struggle with finding a group.
>>
File: 1449256630408.jpg (404KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1449256630408.jpg
404KB, 773x1000px
GURPs newcomer here, I'm planning on running an occult 1920s game centered around investigation and hwhatnot
I have a pretty good idea of what to do but do any of you have any recommendations as to what rules i should include? Im trying to work out a sanity system similar to Call of Cthulu (I would just play CoC but I'm not a fan on d100 systems)
>>
So one of my PCs in a supers game, is using the illusion power as his main gimmick, but he feels like he's basically hit the upper limit of Illusion, and instead of just raiaing the raw strength of his illusions, he wants to upgrade it with the ability to make some of his illusions corporeal. What would be the best way to represent this?
>>
>>54287324
Multiple opportunities here. Snatcher? Creation? Summonable Allies?
>>
File: tumblr_ors810UW1z1wngh8bo1_1280.jpg (138KB, 725x1101px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ors810UW1z1wngh8bo1_1280.jpg
138KB, 725x1101px
>>54287270
Fear rolls provide a solid framework for most COC style sanity checks, but if you want a more complicated sanity system I think Horror has one.

>>54285532
Thought and Memory were Odin's ravens, that where you got it from?
>>
>>54286755
>>54286805
Nobody plays 3e anymore, and for good reason: 4e is an across-the-board, significant improvement. The only books you need to be weary of are Magic and Ultra-Tech, both of which are known issues to the GURPS community at large. There are many magic systems available, though, so the first isn't much of an issue. Ultra-Tech is pretty much all we have, so it's a much bigger issue.

>>54287270
Glad to see you're checking out the system. Fright Checks should be good enough, but there are two other sanity systems that I know of: GURPS Horror and Pyramid #3/103 - Setbacks - Mad as Bones. The latter seems to be better to me, although I've never used either so I can't say.

>>54287324
Depends wholly on the illusion he's making. This could be a good spot for alternate abilities. Some examples off the top of my head:
>Illusionary wall made physical: Innate Attack (Crushing) with Wall modifier
>Illusionary fireball made physical: Innate Attack (Burning)
>Illusionary person made physical: Ally (up to the GM to make this)
>Illusionary gold made physical: Create Gold
>>
What's the max someone should pump terror?

I want to play a super that uses this.

What should be the cost for DR(after injury tolerance?
>>
>>54287324
Demiurgy from Powers: The Weird. It's based off the Illusion ability but expands it to the point that it's basically reality control.

>>54287536
Horror has a Corruption system and a Stress/Derangement system, but "Mad as Bones" from Pyramid #3/103 Setbacks has a more robust system that covers everything from sanity-blasting horrors to the more mundane insanity from day-to-day stress.

>>54287270
I will recommend, as always, Action, because Action is the more streamlined fast-paced GURPS which is great for new groups. You don't need to use the templates from Action 1, but the rules from Action 2 should be exceptionally useful.
>>
File: wun.jpg (38KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
wun.jpg
38KB, 960x960px
>>54287536
The base fear system is one of my favorite things about GURPs, but the way >>54287681
described Mad as Bones is exactly what I was looking for
>>54287626
I came across the Film Reroll podcast and fell in love after seeing just how universal it was
>>
>>54286755
You should stick with 4e. Use some of the 3e books if you need help with a setting or something (like WW2, Cops, or Traveler), since proper 4e books haven't been made for everything, so some of the 3e books have a use. The stats of any creatures can be ported right over pretty easily (using common sense or GURPS Update), and equipment is pretty much 1:1.

>>54287626
Magic isn't that bad if you know how to apply it. :V
>>
>>54287681
>Demiurgy from Powers: The Weird. It's based off the Illusion ability but expands it to the point that it's basically reality control.
This sounds like it's definitely worth looking into thanks.
>>54287626
>>54287339
And thank you for these suggestions, I'll consider them as well!
>>
>>54287324
Is there really an upper limit for the potential strength and utility of an illusion type power in concept? I think there are probably more interesting ways you can power it up before going for just making things corporeal, but maybe that's already been done?
>>
>>54289055
Well, he's already expanded a fair bit, with increased range, bonuses to his rolls for it, etc. He could hypothetically branch into other stuff, like Mind Control, and the like, but due to his character concept, those aren't as fitting as him expanding to making things real.
>>
>>54287662
Anyone?
>>
>>54287662
>>54289391
Talk with your GM about Terror, not us. We don't know your game and you don't give us any details to work with. The better way to handle papercuts that get past IT(DR) is to make it cosmic, which you can find on P118 under Invulnerability.
>>
>>54289391

As far as I know, Damage Resistance costs the same unless you apply a Limitation to it.
>>
Does punching someone going super fast boost damage?
>>
>>54289619
Yes.

To both of you, unless you've also bought a shitton of DR.
>>
>>54289619
Slamming them would, by RAW
>>
>>54290237
>>54290252
So then how do you play a speedster?
>>
>>54291331
By moving at speed, and attacking in ways that won't shatter your bones. IE, hurling projectiles like rocks, bottles, street rubbish.

Or just suck it up and buy the DR like a big boy if you can't think outside the box a little.
>>
Could someone explain the difference between having a Cultural Familiarity and Savoir-Faire for the culture?
>>
>>54291331
One of the basic newtonian laws, anon, any object exerting a force on a second object will suffer a force that is equal in strength and opposite on direction as a reaction. How a speedster super avoids breaking their bones when they punch someone is anyone's guess, in GURPS terms they might just have an extremely limited form of DR in their fists.
>>
Anyone here tried Conan with GURPS? Just wondering if it felt right with this system.
>>
>>54291841
It'd have to be their whole body, as force does transfer, or a cosmic DR on their fists that doesn't let momentum/shock propagate.
>>
>>54291912
I did say 'in GURPS terms', anon. Force transfer already seems to be mitigated by DR considering how location damage works normally (getting hit really hard in a protected foot doesn't seem to break your lower leg, for example, your foot might still suffer if you use blunt trauma rules). The speedster would need to mitigate the knockback, though, if only to make it work like in the comic books.
>>
>>54292038
Honestly, I'd either consider cosmic DR or...hmn..

Probably a bit of a superscience gauntlet that fucks with inertia. Get a Patron or Ally mad scientist, or work with one on your team if available.
>>
>>54291764
Cultural Familiarity is base-line knowledge of another culture. Savoir-Faire is knowing the ins and outs of a specific subculture. SF takes huge penalties if you lack the appropriate CF.

Example: CF is knowing how and when to use dining utensils in casual settings, and SF (High Society) is knowing the difference between a salad fork and a desert fork and which goes where (SF (Servant) is also knowing which goes where and subtly guiding your master if they're about to make a faux pas).
>>
File: GURPS Conan.jpg (54KB, 386x500px) Image search: [Google]
GURPS Conan.jpg
54KB, 386x500px
>>54291850
Depends how you see Conan. If you want the world, kind of a gritty, fairly low- and a little dark- fantasy Hyborean world then GURPS is pretty perfect. Lots of cultures based of real life and TL 1 through almost 4 stuff, can put all the Low-Tech books, as well as the mass combat rules to work. Love it.

If you want to focus on the "larger than life" awesome hero of awesomeness aspect of Conan stories, GURPS is less good as you probably want a more narrative game, take a peek at Barbarians of Lemuria.

Lets me use this pic this week though!
>>
>>54292093
Hmm, ok. I'm in a fantasy game as a human wizard and am researching some plot stuff in elf lands. I want to give a positive impression so I can get what I need from them, so trying to decide where to put the points.

I wonder if I could take "Savoir-Faire (Scholar)" + Elf Cultural Familiarity and those points could be put to use later in the game.
>>
Is it smarter to focus on damage or taking an enemy out of the fight?

What are the best ways to take an enemy out of a fight?
>>
>>54292217
Savoir-Faire (Scholar) would give you the ability to move around in academic circles, so it'll probably be very useful throughout the campaign. Elven CF is only a point, so even if it's only useful once, you're not really losing out.
>>
>>54292217
I'd consider them solid one drops. A single point in skills like that can be very useful, especially if the GM lets you take your time and carefully improve your chances to succeeded.
>>
>>54292450
>>54292328
Yeah, emailing the GM about that now. Sounds like the best return for my points. Thanks!
>>
I know theres GURPS Space & Mecha, but are there any good/fast rules to run Fleet Scale combat in GURPS without substituting Full Thrust or Spartan rules for large scale starship combat?
>>
>>54292510
>Fleet Scale
Mass Combat IIIIIN SPAAAAAAAAAACE?
>>
>>54292547
Mass Combat in GURPS can be used for pretty much all forms of combat.
>>
How do you smartly use a bunch of points?
>>
>>54293233
80 points in stealth. Always get behind everything and kill it with no defense tests.
>>
File: IMG_0081.jpg (96KB, 947x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0081.jpg
96KB, 947x750px
Is Ritual Path Magic able to add Enhancements and/or Limitations alone? I'd like to create a spell that bestows upon a firearm wielder "Perk: Infinite Ammunition" and "Very Rapid Fire" (an Enhancement from GURPS Powers). However, I am stumped on the simplest way to represent this with RPM.
>>
>>54293233
Like, in general and completely independent of character concept or setting genre? I guess there are some pointers.

Optimize when possible. If you're spending 8+ points on 5+ DX or IQ-based skills, stop. Drop five skills by one level and put the 20 points into the main attribute; this maintains skill level while giving every other skill and a related secondary characteristic a boost. This can be done with less skills if they're Per or Will-based. Additionally, if you're heavily investing in related skills, see if there's a Talent you can use instead.

Don't over-focus. One-trick ponies are boring and make things a lot harder on the GM.

Don't under-focus. It's fine to have a specialization, and your party members are their to cover areas you're less competent in. Work as a team.
>>
>>54293345
Would it be smart to put 16 in every stat?
Would it be overkill?
>>
>>54293466
Depends on the game.
>>
>>54293329
You could do it the same way GURPS handles modifiers for unarmed attacks: find how much the base attack would cost as an Innate Attack, determine how many points the enhancement would add, and charge the difference. For example, if your gun is a pistol with 2d pi, it would have a base cost of 10 points. Very Rapid Fire with RoF 3 is an enhancement worth +60%. 60% of 10 is 6 points, so adding VRF-3 costs 6 points.

Honestly, though, I'd just dispense with this and have the spell instead grant Gunslinger, Enhanced Tracking, Peripheral Vision, or just a Bonus to Guns (Pistol); you could make it a bonus to every Guns specialty (a Moderate category) but only affect your MoS for determining shots that hit (dropping it back to Narrow).

Also, note that while Infinite Ammo *IS* a one-point perk, it may cost more in-setting via Unusual Background. I'm bringing this up because I remember a post by Kromm talking about inflicting someone with the 0-point feature "silicon-based lifeform" or "breathes chlorine gas" from GURPS: Space. While those are indeed 0-point features most of the time, inflicting them as part of a ritual creates a cheap instant-kill spell and is broken as fuck; those 0-point features are really only appropriate for a Space game.
>>
>>54293478
Supers?

I have 650 points and no idea what to spend it on
>>
>>54293512
Talk with your GM about your character concept and game expectations. You can't go into GURPS without any ideas or reference points. You'll just wind up hopelessly confused.
>>
>>54293466
That would cost 360 points, or more than the starting budget for any campaign I've ever run, so no I wouldn't recommend it unless you're in a game with exceptionally-high starting budgets. It's also overkill in general and, I feel, would make your character under-focused; make your character really good at a few related things. Also HT 16 is just overkill in general.

Remember, GURPS can do anything. Because of this, it's a *very bad idea* to approach things mechanically before you have a character concept down. You're going to drown in options and what-ifs. Why would your character have 16s in everything? Is it part of their story? What do you want to do with all those high stats?
>>
>>54293538
I thought of an character that focuses on summoning, but have no idea how to make it. So I've been considering making a normal super
>>
>>54293560
Summoning creatures is Ally with the Summoning enhancement (or the Conjuration variant from GURPS: Powers). Summoning objects is Snatcher with the Creation enhancement.

Also "normal super" doesn't have a lot of detail to it because supers are by definition strange and varied. Super strength? Flying? Peak-human skills? Laser blasts? Telekinesis? Is a werewolf? Mech suit? Plot armor? I recommend reading GURPS: Supers for some ideas and inspiration. It also has a number of character templates you can crib from.
>>
>>54293560
As >>54293601 said, Ally with the Summonable enhancement. If you wanted to be able to summon anything, I'd have you pay x4 the cost as per Wildcard Powers (Supers, p. 41). Be aware that having to stat up multiple allies can be a lot of work for the GM.
>>
>>54293640
One of my players is a spirit-talker/summoner. I've been making heavy use of pre-existing templates and it's been going well. I'm glad I have them though, because statting up everything would be insane.

Basically, thank god for Dungeon Fantasy.
>>
>>54293640
>>54293764

Why not have the player make a bunch of stuff they're likely to summon, GM having editing privilege of course.

Or do you not what the player to have access to the sheet?
>>
>>54293883
Depends on the player, really. Someone new to GURPS definitely shouldn't be tasked with statting up allies, and someone who is naturally abusive shouldn't either, since time would be saved by making the Ally myself. After getting to know a player and their demonstrating that they can keep themselves mostly in check, making their own allies is a privilege they earn. Sometimes the concept calls for the player to basically make it themself anyway, such as a mech/power suit ally.
>>
>>54293930
It's interesting, hearing different GM's on this. Some I've played with just give full control over to the player, build it, role play it, roll the dice, everything, with the GM only stepping in if they think the player is abusing the Ally or something.

My current GM wasn't to keep control with just some input from the player, which is very different gameplay wise I guess. I like building a non combat character and buying a fighty Ally so I have something more to do than spam full defense and or flee in combat, not being able to do this caused a bit of friction early on.
>>
>>54293640
Holy SHIT. I never knew about Wildcard abilities; those are amazing.
>>
File: 1472081242096.jpg (475KB, 1600x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1472081242096.jpg
475KB, 1600x1100px
>>54294066
I feel like it works best to have players control bodyguards and allies intended to mostly provide basic technical support.

IE: Run your fighter in combat, or have the driver park nearby and wait for you with transport ready.

Allies intended to provide expert advice or reconnaissance are best run by a GM. This lets them use the NPC to give you information you need to keep the story running fast.
>>
>>54294617
That's a fair reasoning. Someone like a bodyguard who sits next to your character 90% of the time seems easier for the player to control, unless they wander off of course.
>>
File: 1489439937862.png (243KB, 673x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489439937862.png
243KB, 673x960px
>>54294590
Yup, they're amazing. I've been kicking myself ever since I found them because it's a much better answer to all of the characters I've made that are bloated with AAs.

Any thoughts on these combat cards I'm giving a shot at making for GURPS Lite? I'm debating on how much information to put on them, layout, etc.
>>
>>54295088
Looks good. Should replace the background for Aim to a crosshair, and the background for Dodge to a character dodging or something. But those are just aesthetics.
>>
>>54296201
The stencil person from Portal might work.
>>
>>54295088
Feels good. You might want to update the placeholder text, postures don't effect Ranged and Melee attacks the same.
>>
>>54295088
Check those
>gurps.dungeoncrawlers.com/2013/06/combat-maneuver-cards/
>>
>>54297899
>>54295088
>>54297693
I was considering using one of those "make your own MtG cards" sites if they have options for tokens (no worrying about CMC, though colorless mana would work for AP costs if using Last Gasp).
>>
>>54296201
The icons are more meant to represent the general type of maneuver you're taking, so all of Attack, All-Out Attack, and Move and Attack would use the sword, while Parry, Dodge, and Block all use the shield, etc. The rationale behind the mind is that things like Aim and Concentrate are more mental tasks. Probably put Ready on it it too, but that might send the wrong message?

>>54297693
Good catch, I'll have to make separate cards for them to keep it from getting crowded. Or maybe not, because...

>>54297899
I now feel foolish for making them, since these are much better looking, although I do not agree with the big blocks of text. I did intend mine to just be gluesticked to index cards, though, so maybe they're still worth making?
>>
>>54298549
Keep at it, Anon. Perhaps you can go beyond the call of duty and make good-looking cards for MA's rules too!
>>
For dudes who wanna make combat cards: make them as gaming deck, not just tips. It helps run combat faster when you can just faceup actions in initiative order, less talking, more action and more tactical planning.
We've made 10 complects of Attack, AOA, AOD, Ready, Concentrate+Aim, Move+Move&Attack cards (mtg cards with sleeves), and just plaing them to action stack -- PC act first, NPCs after (genre cliche).
>>
>>54295088
Would wildcard abilities be appropriate for genres other than supers? Supers has its own assumptions and standards concerning power levels and breadth of ability, so I'm worried that, even with the x4 cost, it will end up a bit overpowered compared to standard power arrays.
>>
>>54299403
Bruh, x4 cost is the equivalent of taking FIFTEEN full-power Alternate Abilities. I don't think it's ever going to be a cheaper alternative.
>>
>>54299403
I'd say they're appropriate for any genre where characters can regularly asspull based on their abilities, although many such abilities are already present in the form of one advantage or another, such as McGuyver's Quick Gadgeteering, or Destiny/Impulse/Wildcard Points for assuring success.

>>54298995
That is an eventuality I'd like to reach. Maybe even do grappling cards, too. All of that will take a lot of effort, though.

>>54299395
What do you mean by gaming deck? Most combat cards I know have the full rules references on them. What do you put on yours/want to see, specifically?

Another idea I want to run past you guys: Making cards two-sided, so you can flip them over after using them, and they have relevant rules text for afterwards. For example, Parry would have a small counter or checkboxes going down the side for multiple parries and have text for unbalanced/unready weapons, All-Out Attack would say you have no defenses, Aim and Concentrate would have rules for what happens when you take damage, etc.

The idea behind it is that flipping over a card has a good feel to it after you "play" it, so relevant information for post-play conditions should be present.

And another idea that popped into my head: the back of Attack cards could have a spot for weapon damage, so you know what to roll if your attack is successful (flipping it).
>>
How do you guys sure your campaigns? I've brine somewhat lost. I have my setting down which is sorta urban fantasy and i have the first hook to bring my players together (kinda ripped off the Dead mans switch from the shadowrun vidya) but i have no clue where to bring it from there.
I am completely lost...
>>
File: 3i0Xo8cXwR0.jpg (238KB, 1602x2160px) Image search: [Google]
3i0Xo8cXwR0.jpg
238KB, 1602x2160px
>>54299456
We've made it like that, but, well, it wasn't such shitty quality that time. It' just for how it was.
Everyone had 1 set, and GM had 5 sets of Attack, AOA, AOD, Ready, Concentrate+Aim, Move+Move&Attack cards.
As tip we've used copy Onkl's Combat Maneuvers Cheat Sheet.
So players just placed their actions in stack, then GM placed NPC action (or actions for mini-bosses, or other groups) in stack, then GM face-up and resolve PC, then face-up and resolve NPC actions.
Probably it will be too much rigid combat flow for someone, but for us it worked as way to make combat faster.
>>
>>54299464
Fine a real city similar to the one you're basing your game around and google up some urban legends?
>>
Am I getting this right?

Injury tolerance (DR) +50% rounds down

If I spend 500 points on this(making it 750) I divide incoming damage by 2000 and round down.

This means that any attack that deals less than 2000 can't deal damage to me at all right?
>>
>>54300815
Yes.
Untill cosmic or other countermeasures
>>
>>54300840
Armor piercing doesn't hurt me too, right?
>>
Is there a way to straight up get magic and psi immunity?
>>
>>54300874
IT (DR) kick in after DR and wound mods.
AP interacts with DR.

>>54300962
Resistant (immunity) (magic and psi) [30+30] for Will- HT- and other shit
And some IT (DR) (magic and psi only, -X%) with DR (magic and psi only, -X%; goes after IT (DR), +X%) for pure straightforward damage.
Probably you will be fully immune.
>>
>>54300874
Depends on the AP and how much damage the attack does. An armor divisor of (10) means that a HEAT shell could still do something to you.

If you're paranoid, buy a few levels of hardening to reduce armor dividing attacks.
>>
>>54301101
>>54301147
So for 820 points I can practically have immunity to everything?

675 divide all damage by 1000 round down
60 immunity to mag and psi
50 doesn't eat breathe or sleep
35 sealed any pressure vacuum

Anything I'm missing? Cause it seems like anything less of cosmic can't touch me
>>
>>54301252
Looks that way. Immune to everything but long-term radiation damage and classical brainwashing.
>>
>>54301314
Aw crap, +30 for immunity to brainwashing
And +40 for regeneration extreme rads only
>>
>>54301413
Don't forget Immortality. You're not yet immune to Time.
>>
File: 1482773468510.png (21KB, 336x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482773468510.png
21KB, 336x480px
>>54299854
Oh, yeah, that's definitely not what I'm aiming for. I'm intending to make them more like training/reference cards for new players. Pic related.
>>
>>54301434
It comes up to 905 points, well guys say hello to my demigod, the most unkillible man in the world

Anyways what should I do with the last 95 points? Skills? How should I do stuff in combat? Medivial TL
>>
>>54301413
>+30 for immunity to brainwashing
It should cost less, 15 or 10, coz it is more like "all bacteria, viruses, fungus infections, etc.", not like "all threats that only affect the living, including all disease and poison, plus such syndromes as altitude sickness, bends, seasickness, and jet lag". Or even be a part of Psi immunity.
>Also, Unfazeable
>>
>>54301511
Combat reflexes, brawling, and maybe some knowledge skills/hobbies.

He's got a long time ahead to keep himself occupied.
>>
>>54301252
Well at 820 points before any skills, attribute improvements, or other advantages, you're probably at a level where you should be facing Cosmic enemies.

You're basically a demigod that can no longer be challenged by mere mortals--even an army of them will only slow you down--so expect to face primordials, titans, divine monsters, fellow demigods, and even true gods if you fancy their crown.

Interesting tidbit: nukes still fuck you up, so HFY I suppose. Even Immunity to Metabolic Hazards and a TON of Radiation Protection won't save you from the sheer ton of dice of damage from a point-blank burst.

On that note, Temperature Tolerance would also be a good investment.
>>
>>54301576
Wait how much damage does a nuke deal?

Like more than thousands of damage? I can take 10 thousand damage before dying

Anyways should I just get immunity to metabolic hazards? Cause radiation is a metabolic hazard
>>
>>54301630
>More than thousands of damage
Just crack open High Tech and see for yourself.

p195 gives you the stats for a 'mere' 0.1kt suitcase nuke. 5400-32400 cr ex with 3900-23400 burn ex rad sur linked.

They only get bigger from there with the Little Boy from WW2 rated at 12.5 kt giving us 60k-360k cr ex damage with 39k-234k burn ex rad sur linked.

Nukes kill gods in GURPS. Oppenheimer wasn't wrong when he said 'I am become Death, destroyer of worlds.'
>>
>>54301630
>>54301754

Be glad you're in a medieval TL, I guess? Current nukes are around 200kt instead of 'just' 12kt, and can go up to 30Mt, though I think the largest put into production in the US was 'only' 9 Megatons yield, and the current largest is 1.2Mt or so.
>>
>>54301754
Hey i can survive a small nuke, good to know.

But yea I'm glad I'm in medical times
>>
>>54301836
What's the best weapon for a average but unkillible demigod?
>>
>>54301865
FISTS!

Well, depends on what you're fighting really. Spears are generally pretty good, and can't go wrong with an immortal, invulnerable brawler/grappler.
>>
>>54301836
You can survive a 'small nuke' if it rolls minimum damage. Which is highly unlikely. You'll most likely see 18k cr ex and 13k burn ex rad sur linked.

U ded if any of your opponents take 'high TL' as artisan demigods and into nuclear weapons.
>>
>>54301888
What is the best way for me to deal with other 1000 point demigod monsters?

Just spend 50 points on an innate attack?
>>
>>54301981
Obviously the best way to deal with other demigods is to stop being immune to everything

Just get Unkillable for infinite respawns, buy high TL, Gadgeteer, and learn to make nukes.
>>
>>54302033
Aloha snackbar with a suitcase nuke?
>>
>>54302033
No one else is going to be as nuts as I am about not dying, my demigod is a son of a titan of earth.

So the people I'm dealing with can't hurt me, but I can't hurt them at all.
>>
>>54301981
If you're boring, sure. Instead, go for Lifting ST with the Super enhancement and choke/neck-snap your way to victory.
>>
Holy shit. Telescopic vision is broken as fuck.
>ignore -1 range penalties for perception rolls per level
>ignore -2 range penalties for ranged attacks per level, provided you take an aim maneuver
>gain +1 accuracy per level for each aim maneuver you take
What is the maximum level you can take for it? It seems an excellent feat for a sniper/spotter character
>>
is the vehicle builder worth buying? Does anyone have a copy? I've debating whether or not to use that and converting the stats instead of using the weird spaceship rules
>>
>>54303567
>What is the maximum level you can take for it?
Whatever the GM allows. Realistically? 0. Take Acute Vision (up to two levels) for realistic characters.
>>
File: Mars Class Assault Frigate.jpg (438KB, 1516x750px) Image search: [Google]
Mars Class Assault Frigate.jpg
438KB, 1516x750px
>>54292510

probably wouldn't be too hard to adapt mass combat to fleets of starships
>>
Are there any advantages that boost a bunch of different things?

Like how ST boosts a bunch of things?
>>
>>54303872
Combat reflexes boost parry, block and dodge, and is all around a good purchase.
Arms ST/DX, Lifting ST do boost skills that rely on arms, but are often banned because they're a bitch to keep track of (for example arms DX applies to arms based dexterity skills, but not legs based)
You can always just buy that stat which boosts skills that depend on it, but remember, relative level is nearly always better than raw stats.
>>
>>54303754
It's a super weird oversight to me that Telescopic Vision isn't marked as Exotic.
>>
>>54304004
Where are you looking? Because the Basic set (page 92) has Telescopic Vision marked as Exotic.
>>
Is "Always On" and "Accessibility: Only under [CONDITION]" a kosher way to have something always activate under said condition?
>>
>>54277541
My GM is running Fallout GURPS. He said there's already a book out for it but I didn't see it in the MEGA. I'm assuming it's fanmade. Does anyone have it?
>>
>>54304782
He could be using the After the End materials to make a Fallout setting.
>>
>>54301440
>I'm intending to make them more like training/reference cards for new players.
Different anon here
Godspeed, and please share when you've made them, that's exactly what I need for my group
>>
File: combat cards.pdf (246KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
combat cards.pdf
246KB, 1x1px
>>54301440
>>54306388
is it just meant to be a more informative version of these (from the mega)?
>>
File: 1498863965495.png (115KB, 673x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498863965495.png
115KB, 673x480px
>>54307766
Hopefully. I have to redesign the cards, the box at the top is taking up too much real estate, which is a bit of a bummer after doing everything for Lite besides attacks, but you can get an idea for what I'm trying here: breaking down every action into a card that you can slap down, along with whatever information is difficult to remember, and having the information ready on the card.

>>54306388
Do these look like cards that would be useful to your players? Is it too much information?
>>
File: 1476414447801.jpg (141KB, 1024x1453px) Image search: [Google]
1476414447801.jpg
141KB, 1024x1453px
>>54307976
Seems very good. I typically think more information is better then less information and these are still quite direct.
>>
>>54307976
These are looking quite good. Nice job.
>>
>>54309694
Joush, quit posting hot warrior wimmins

You're gonna give Suthri a shame boner
>>
>>54303567
Don't forget add cosmic (works with sights and etc. +50%)
>>
File: neck_snap.gif (1MB, 425x231px) Image search: [Google]
neck_snap.gif
1MB, 425x231px
Are there any rules in GURPS for movie-style unarmed stealth kills? I'm thinking of things like 80s action movies where the hero snaps the neck of a bad guy before he can make a sound, or something similar.

Basic Set has a rule for Neck Snap, but that takes 2 turns to execute at minimum, meaning that the enemy could yell out in that time. How are you supposed to prevent the enemy from yelling for help? Is that up to the GM's whim or are there specific rules?
>>
>>54311252
Action 3 has non-lethal takedowns called Kayo; it isn't a stretch to make that lethal.

GURPS does have other ways to do it, though, for groups that aren't as willing to follow 80s action tropes automatically. AOA (Double) lets you grab the neck and twist in one turn, and Rapid Strike lets you do the same at a skill penalty and letting you take AOA (Strong) to boost your ST, and Martial Arts introduced Combinations that let you buy off the Rapid Strike penalty for specific combos. Lastly, someone taken from behind will likely be surprised and unable to yell in the first place.

But yeah, if you're already going down 80's action movie style action, just GM fiat it to keep the game going and have the party feeling like elite badasses.
>>
>>54311354
Well, since I'm not the GM, I'm not willing to trust GM fiat even if the GM said "80s action movie style." I'll take a look at Martial Arts, since I'm thinking of building a Steven Seagal knock-off character. Thanks.
>>
>>54311436
Why not ask the GM then?
>>
>>54311519
I will, of course, but I want to come prepared to session 0. Also, he's not very experienced with GURPS.
>>
>>54311557
Ah okay, best of luck to y'all then.
>>
>>54311252
I'd say that is a two second take-down, a pretty reasonable grab+Neck Snap. Why he didn't scream?

Well, if Surprised a person might be in mental shock. If they can't recover before the Neck Snap they might never get a chance to.

In general, anybody grabbed by the neck can't scream, IIRC, if the attacker is strangling.
>>
>>54311252
If it's a stealth kill, why not All Out-Attack (Double) to grapple and snap in one turn?
>>
>>54311893

Henriques didn't scream because John Matrix (Arnie) already used an Elbow Strike to his Face. Said strike knocked Henriques out after he failed his HT roll to remain conscious.
>>
>>54307976
I'd like to request a blank card to go with them when you finish, please
>>
>>54311252
Yes, your GM just saying "You kill him, what will your character do next?"
>>
In Dungeon Fantasy, how does replacing the skills and talents with a Wildcard skill work? How many points towards Knight! would the Knight template get, for example?
>>
>>54313020
All that allocated in template for primary and secondary skills
>>
File: gun vikings.png (911KB, 893x633px) Image search: [Google]
gun vikings.png
911KB, 893x633px
I have never played GURPS before, but it seems like the only system capable of running a campaign I've wanted to do for a while. I want to basically do GATE but with fewer waifus and more hexcrawling. The players would face off against classic fantasy challenges using guns and explosives instead of swords and magic. Is this a good idea? What stuff should I use?
>>
>>54314407
GURPS Dungeon Fantasy is what classic fantasy crawlers should be if they was borned in GURPS instead D&D
>>
File: 16190841946_1305595d7d_k.jpg (890KB, 2048x1429px) Image search: [Google]
16190841946_1305595d7d_k.jpg
890KB, 2048x1429px
>>54314407

I'd use the Basic Set along with High Tech to start, they have what you need. Fantasy has a lot of inspiration and some ideas for things like fantasy monster templates.

As to if it is a good idea: It could be a lot of fun. Firearms are pretty damn OP vs low tech savages with axes and bows, but that's part of the fun right? And Orcs make up for with numbers what they lack in tech.
>>
>>54314407
If you're new to GURPS, consider using the Action series as it simplifies and slims the system down quite a bit. It's also meant for modern action movie stuff, so all you would need to do as add orcs and a magic system from Thaumatology.
>>
>>54312585
Naturally. First batch is going to be Lite, but I'll have blank cards along with them too, so you can make your own if I fail to deliver on my promise.

>>54301440
>>54307976

Before I get started working on them again, could someone print out one of these cards and see how they look on a 3x5 inch notecard? See if the boxes are big enough/text is readable? I don't have a printer at home that I can test with.
>>
>>54312585
Second this; they look great and a blank example of each category you are working on would be amazing.

Plus ultra amazing would be if you provided the finished cards in an editable format. Should definitely be included in the op links section if that were the case.
>>
>>54316731
You could even get by with only Action 1 and 2, only adding the more complicated stuff from 3 after the PCs learn sword fighting from knights and punching from magical monks.
>>
What is a good way to handle healing in a low fantasy game? The basic healing rates in the book mean you get back about .5 HP a day right? Is there a way to speed that up other then the HP you can get back from first aid?
>>
>>54322225
Not getting hit or damaged in the first place.
>>
>>54322225
There are a couple options.

Require anyone planning to fight on the front lines take Rapid Healing/Very Rapid Healing and high HT. Realistically, those that would gravitate to such roles would be those that could fill them effectively, which means recovering from blows at a decent rate. ST is obviously a necessity too.

Ensure the party has a camp healer with First Aid and Physician. First Aid can heal people up quickly after a fight, and Physician boosts healing rates during downtime. On that note, include some downtime! It's insane to have people risking their lives in dungeons and on battlefields every single day.

Low fantasy still includes some fantasy. A friendly witch may be able to grant very very low levels of Regeneration or speed along healing in another way. She may also be able to brew healing potions; low fantasy means they probably can't be bought in stores or encountered in everyday life and are generally rare, but potions and spells can still exist.

Do nothing and embrace the gritty mcgrimdarkness of low fantasy campaigns. Wear armor. Know how to fight. Fill your enemies full of bolts before they get close enough to swing. Outnumber opponents. Don't get outnumbered. Ambush. Deceive. Lie. Murder. Noblemen's children that don't know how to fight are going to get killed. Ponces that don't wear armor are going to get killed. Edgy shirtless assassins with >DEX builds are going to get killed. HONORBR knights are going to get killed. A young, wide-eyed hero with a tunic, a sword, no training, and a lot of courage is probably not going to fit or last long in your setting.
>>
File: CUcMOWEWIAAtTDd.jpg (63KB, 472x874px) Image search: [Google]
CUcMOWEWIAAtTDd.jpg
63KB, 472x874px
>>54322438
>DEX builds
I remember a player trying to do that in GURPS. It ended with pic related.
>>
>>54322438
>>54322766

Thank you. I am going to try and mix some downtime and rare potions that give slow regeneration. I wanna make it so they feel like they are under pressure to fight wounded sometimes.
>>
File: 1489452952442.gif (2MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1489452952442.gif
2MB, 680x680px
>>54322766
To have been fly on the wall when e got smeared

Ooooh
>>
File: 1496295172220.png (262KB, 500x633px) Image search: [Google]
1496295172220.png
262KB, 500x633px
>>54322438
It's out of range for a lot of people but HP 20 flat doubles all healing along with giving you a massive pool of health.
>>
what modifier should I give to a cosmic enhancement that removes the "once per game session per level" restriction that advantages like Serendipity and Gizmo have? (+50%)? (+100%)? (+300%)? maybe more?

And if I want to make the Advantage require a IQ-8 roll or a IQ/VH skill, what modifier does it get? (-10%)?
>>
>>54327042
>what modifier should I give to a cosmic enhancement that removes the "once per game session per level" restriction that advantages like Serendipity and Gizmo have? (+50%)? (+100%)? (+300%)? maybe more?
Unlimited use? http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php?p=527263&postcount=3

>And if I want to make the Advantage require a IQ-8 roll or a IQ/VH skill, what modifier does it get? (-10%)?
Requires (Attribute) Roll, PU8:17
>>
>>54327109
thanks!
>>
File: 1496231179264.jpg (216KB, 1280x844px) Image search: [Google]
1496231179264.jpg
216KB, 1280x844px
>Want to make an advanced sci-fi setting
>Keep reading that Ultra-tech sucks and spaceships are broken

How am I supposed to do power armour and ship-to-ship combat then if both have a the problem of players/ships getting easily one shot? Are there alternative resources to look at and ways to fix the rules or are the flaws overblown? Or are there even more issues that I need to be aware of if using the books?
>>
>>54328116
You limit the firepower of ships and pile armor on them.

As far as Ultratech armor, you can just increase the DR of armor and suits by 50%-100% depending on how lethal you want things.

But part of the issue is that even with 'mere' modern weapons, anything that penetrates body armor or a vehicle is generally gonna kill the person on the other side.
>>
>>54328116
Ultra-Tech isn't that bad, honestly.
I can shill my own take on the armor/weapon thing, but feel free to do whatever.
https://enragedeggplant.blogspot.com/2017/07/ultra-tech-armor-and-weapons-adjustments.html
>>
3.5e is probably the crunchiest system I've run, what should I know going into GURPS if I want to be a good DM?
>>
>>54328230
It's the type of system which many call 'front loading'.

What they mean by that is there's a lot to do up front. In setting up the campaign; you have tons of choices on what to allow and not allow, what optional rules to use, and so on. Character creation is also slower than many systems, because it's free-ranged point-buy.

Once you get going, however; it's a pretty straight-forward system. No complex action economy, simple +/- modifiers, just roll 3D6 and you want to get at or lower than your target number.
>>
>>54328230
The first step is to stop thinking of yourself as a DM. GURPS does so, so much more than dungeons. You're a GM now, you run much more than dungeons. You run games.

After realizing that, get How to Be a GURPS GM. Read that and you'll be ahead of the curve. Read GURPS Lite to understand the basics of the system.
>>
>ATR says you can't Feint and Attack on the same turn because it's too fast for the target to perceive
>Normal people can All-Out Attack (Double) or Rapid Strike to Feint and Attack on the same turn

Explain this shit.
>>
>>54328373
Both of the latter come at significant cost: no defenses and -6, respectively. These represent how you aren't going faster than the eye can see because it is difficult and requires trade-off.

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/faq/FAQ4-3.html#SS3.4.2.19
>>
>>54277957
>Are there any dogfighting rules?
Yes--in Vehicles.

>>54278551
Wait, did they update the old Vehicles rules?
>>
>>54303674
>not just making an Excel spreadsheet for each vehicle
>>
>>54328116
I suggest using inverse variant of Armor as Dice, i.e. convert damage dice into constant equal to its average value. Maybe with single d6 on top for some variability.
E.g. 15d rifle becomes average(14d)+1d = 1d+49

Second, use Survivable Guns from Alternate GURPS 3 (iirc) to reduce raw amount of damage.

Third, if that's still not enough, use rule from High Tech that limits amount of damage you can receive from a single hit. I don't remember details, sadly.
>>
>>54328794
I remember seeing that. Wasn't it in the same article as armor as dice?
>>
>>54328841
Probably. I have seen various takes on it in different places, so I am not sure where it's originated from.
>>
>>54328116

My suggestion for ships is to drop all missiles and guns, or re-fluff them as using the same damage table as energy weapons. This more or less fixes spaceship combat, or at least gets it ready to work as intended rather then the fucking mess that is missile and kenetic damage.

For UT? Just stick with the weapons out of the Basic Set. The rest of it really isn't bad.
>>
I checked a few books, is there a variant of ATR that has you take turns twice in the turn order instead of getting two maneuvers in one turn?
>>
>>54331633
Slap cosmic +50%
>>
>>54331633
>>54331649

So like ATR, but you act at Speed, then at Speed-2 or something?I'd say that would be a zero point feature, rather then needing cosmic. It's different, but not quantitatively better then normal ATR.
>>
>>54331774
>different, but not quantitatively better
Is usually +20%.

And if it's "I can change the timing of my second turn" it would cost even more because it essentially becomes Wait maneuver without declaring your action in advance.
>>
>>54331774
It should definitely be an enhancement. At the very least, because your defenses and defense penalties reset when you get your turn -, getting it twice makes you much better at defending. I'm sure there's more interactions, but I can't be assed to think of every single one.
>>
>>54331774
Making it so arithmetic sounds wrong, to be honest. Consider that the last person in the turn order would just have a normal ATR, and the extra cost of the enhancement would be completely wasted. This really fucks with the turn order, to be honest.
>>
>>54331649
>>54331836

I'd argue it's a +0% feature, and the pros of each outweigh each other.

Getting to act twice in a row as is the default is HUGE, because your first turn can almost always be an All-Out attack without losing any defenses at all.
Acting on two initiatives also has it's merits, in that your defenses are reset between opponents, and you have a better chance at reacting to a changing battlefield.
>>
>>54328668
How different are the Pyramid #3/53 dogfighting rules from the Vehicles dogfighting rules?
>>
Did you know that CSS can affect page breaks when you print an HTML file to PDF?
>>
>>54332352
>All-Out attack without losing any defenses at all.
>Active Defense: You may make no active defenses at all from the point you take this maneuver until your next turn. If someone attacks you after you make an All-Out attack, all you can do is hope he misses – you can’t dodge, parry, or block!
AFAIK by RAW ATR gives you additional turn instead of additional maneuver, so how you get active defenses when AOA said after you do AOA you get no active defenses until your next turn?
>>
>>54333475
Well, RAW says "Each level of Altered Time Rate lets you take one additional maneuver on your turn in combat"

But then Kromm says "two turns"... Terminology problem.
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=23060

And using AoA followed by AoD is one of the canonical ways to benefit from ATR.
>>
File: 1487135349591.jpg (102KB, 650x504px) Image search: [Google]
1487135349591.jpg
102KB, 650x504px
>>54318211
Well, I started working on it anyway.

>>54318771
>Plus ultra amazing would be if you provided the finished cards in an editable format.
That was the plan from the beginning. I'm even doing it in GIMP, which is hot fucking garbage, because I figure people might not want to use Photoshop with it. Pic related.

After I figure out how to cleanly do text boxes and lines (they're rather ugly at the moment), I can pump out a set for Lite and release the .xcf file with pretty much all you need. I'll throw it in the homebrew folder if I can.
>>
>>54334615
>GIMP
Why not just use HTML?
>>
>>54334998
I don't know HTML. I do know Photoshop, which translates about 75% to GIMP, so it's easy for me to use. If you want to make a web-based version of it with editable text and movable boxes and such, feel free to. It'd certainly be nicer for people who don't know either.
>>
File: 3411502314_00126733f2_o.jpg (63KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
3411502314_00126733f2_o.jpg
63KB, 500x350px
Brütal Legend guy is back.
What to deal with Drums? Like guitars, basses, mic stands, digital keybords (and badass keytars) are easy usable in combat as handheld weapons, but Drums are little too big for that and require some prep time and sitting operator...
Also any suggestions about themed Martial Styles and Imbuements?
>>
File: html example.png (25KB, 907x407px) Image search: [Google]
html example.png
25KB, 907x407px
>>54335215
>I don't know HTML.
>implying HTML isn't simple enough that a five-year-old couldn't figure it out in half an hour
See also: >>54333026
>>
>>54335392
Plain HTML pages != beginner friendly cards with pleasing aesthetics.
>>
File: pic related.png (27KB, 494x490px) Image search: [Google]
pic related.png
27KB, 494x490px
>>54332423
Could someone answer this, pretty-please?

Pic related.
>>
File: ve.jpg (194KB, 867x870px) Image search: [Google]
ve.jpg
194KB, 867x870px
>>54336268
Whats wrong with your reader...
>>
>>54336653
I don't like font ""smoothing"", and have disabled it in the settings of my copy of Windows 10.
>>
File: sharp is better than blurry.png (154KB, 1560x868px) Image search: [Google]
sharp is better than blurry.png
154KB, 1560x868px
>>54336653
>>54336740
Pic related.
>>
>>54336268
>>54336740
>>54336769
Dogfight in Action are speculation on Action Chase System.
All fight going on (extended) range bands thru Chase Rolls, with some tweaks.
Vehicles variant seems similar, but little deeper, like it count position of combatants relative to each other, timings, and don't have range bands. At first glance.
>>
>>54336268
From what you posted, 4e is much more abstract; relative positioning is ignored and only distance and if you currently have your opponent in your kill zone matters. It's a light and speedy system and, like the chase rules it's based off of, meant and works fine for occasional use but isn't enough to be the main focus of the campaign. A Top Gun campaign would probably be better off using the more in-depth 3e rule set.
>>
Been having thoughts about the hit location table. Can it map to 2d8?
If so I might order a set if custom dice for making my gurps mini and micro kits.

(Micro I am going to rewrite some of ultralite. Mini is lite+ some printed out stuff from basic.)
>>
>>54335330

Give drums a boost in power or range to compensate for the set up time. Ritual magic to other instruments combat magic. Maybe give drums the buffs and debuffs, on a regimental or army scale. Weather too.

I suck with martial art styles so far, but imbuements....elemental shit--axe of lightning. But also, idk, fear auras, I think I remember somehiv like that.
>>
File: HowIForeverGM.png (190KB, 819x819px) Image search: [Google]
HowIForeverGM.png
190KB, 819x819px
How many points should I start with in a standard fantasy campaign? Basic recommends somewhere between 100-200 for starting adventurers, but Dungeon Fantasy has all its templates set to 250. I've played at 150 before, but I felt like I couldn't do much until I hit at least 200.
>>
Are there any good quality tutorials for using MapTool?
>>
>>54292152

I love replies like this.

>does gurps do X?
>>official splatbook for X
>>
>>54338761
200 points is fine. Go with Dungeon Fantasy if it's truly bog standard. Either way, though, you need to build characters that have the power level you want, then look at their point totals after you're finished.
>>
>>54338761
Dungeon Fantasy tries to capture the epic hero feel of D&D and Pathfinder, so naturally there's a bit more points to go around.

175 with 25 in disads is a pretty solid pointlevel to start with.
>>
>>54337555
It seems like it'd be a pain in the ass, so I have to ask why you would want to.
>>
Could you guys help me stat a T'lan Imass?
>>
>>54338761
DF starts around 8 level of D&D/PF
Best way for you to starts with low powered characters on 100 points, and then just give them big power-up, say couple of 25 point ups or one 75 pointish, if it gone too weak for what you planned.
Gibe something to players is waaay more easier, than take away.
>>
>>54337555
>Can it map to 2d8?
Of course, if you know anything about probability.
>>
What do people here think of GURPS Character Assistant? I saw a link for it in the mega in the OP, and I've used it before. I like it better than GCS, even though it's a bit slow sometimes.
And before anyone says "write it out on paper you fag" I play online.
>>
>>54340391
Write it out in Notepad you fag.
>>
>>54340391
Write it out in Notepad++, you fag.
>>
>>54340391
GCS is better supported and more flexible, but harder to learn to use. It's really a matter of personal taste. GCS is also, as you noted, much faster.

Just me, but I also prefer the PDF sheets GCS produces to GCA's output.
>>
File: 1446945507273.jpg (483KB, 1000x682px) Image search: [Google]
1446945507273.jpg
483KB, 1000x682px
Grimwyrd!

>players encounter giant gila monster lizard nest
>Kill momma, swarm of babies begin devouring
>Dwarf bros want to breed gilas into mounts, food and hide

>Party sorcerer flambés the lot of them

And nothing of value was lost

Also, giant crumbling ancient Dwarven keep, lost artifacts of the old empire , genocide, soul balls full of elves, giant basilisks, butchery in funeral tombs, beautiful architecture and a lich

All in all a good session once it got up to speed :D
>>
>>54340391
Write it out in Notepad you fag.
>>
>>54340391
Write it out in Vim you fag.
>>
File: 1469296481770.jpg (59KB, 564x821px) Image search: [Google]
1469296481770.jpg
59KB, 564x821px
>>54340529
Someone is going to have to stop saying the only good elf is a dead elf.

We also had a brief conversation about how a lot of the evil shit down south was built by dwarves.
>>
File: 1454004424074.jpg (756KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1454004424074.jpg
756KB, 750x1000px
>>54341920
Both good points

Elves really need to make an effort to not be the bad guys. Certainly

And man, the ancient folk sure were lucky the dwarves perfected magical circles, elemental bindings, and thanatology. Otherwise we wouldn't have all the spuped up magical doodads floating about in their ruins!
>>
>>54340391
Write it out in OpenOffice Spreadsheets you cocksucker.
>>
File: blah.png (43KB, 950x843px) Image search: [Google]
blah.png
43KB, 950x843px
Scenario:
>I amputate all your limbs by dealing HP cutting injury to each limb
>I somehow stop your stumps from bleeding

RAW:
>You take 2×HP injury (HP/2 for each limb, before crippling)
>You've got a 50% chance of death or a mortal wound, even though you aren't even bleeding

Pic related:
>You (more specifically, your torso+neck+head) take zero injury
>You've got a 0% chance of death or a mortal wound

Which is more realistic? Am I overlooking something? Has this already been done in some random Pyramid article?
>>
>>54342872
Whoops--ear HP should = (your HP) ÷ (2 × ear count), not (your HP) ÷ 4.
>>
File: 1483576535568.png (225KB, 683x750px) Image search: [Google]
1483576535568.png
225KB, 683x750px
>>54342872
Outside of odd corner cases like surgical amputation the basic set rules work fine.

Giving limbs their own HP is somewhat more "realistic" in that if you survive blood loss and avoid infection a severed limb won't kill, but adds a TON of book keeping, giving a human 15 HP pools to track rather then 1.

>>54340391
Write it out in calligraphy on stationary and mail it to your GM you fag.
>>
>>54343998
>giving a human 15 HP pools to track rather then 1
Even in RAW, you still must keep track of how much injury each crippleable hit location has taken in order to assess Realistic Injury, crippling, and amputation. This method just counts HP rather than counting injury, flipping the RAW method on its head.
>>
>>54344054
Only if you are using optional rules for accumulated injury to crippling. Otherwise any injury under the wound/crippling threshold just reduces HP.

I kinda prefer it that way in truth, so you can't break someone's arm by punching it 6 times for 1 HP.
>>
>>54344203
>break someone's arm by punching it 6 times for 1 HP
It's all about the flavor.
>One 6-HP hit = suddenly-broken arm = crippled
>Six 1-HP hits = gradually-damaged muscles/tendons = crippled
>>
>>54338940

Going to a con and usually there's a stall where you can order custom die an it seems like a fun thing to do.

>>54340391
>>54340484

Also if you play on line and your GM wants a text sheet you can copy pasta the html output of GCS
>>
Are TL7 Sedan and TL7 Sports Car from BS fine enough to represent Muscle Car and Hot Rod respective?
>>
File: 1486232404688.jpg (66KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
1486232404688.jpg
66KB, 736x552px
>>54346801
Sure. While they aren't exact matches their stats could easily be used for those.

>>54344306
Fair point. Your bused and aching arm being unable to form a fist or move with any force after being beaten hard is every bit as crippled as one hit, a crack sound and your hand unable to make a fist or manipulate objects with any force.

>>54343998
>That outfit

I love you man but before you go outside you look in the mirror and you take one thing off. Accessories are good but less = more.
>>
So does anyone here know why that stupid frog started getting posted? I get the feeling it's just one guy with no life constantly posting pictures of it.
>>
>>54348576
No? It was a sort of ironic bit of board culture that I never really got. I don't go much into the boards where it's common though, and tend to just hide any post or threads that focus on it.

I've clearly failed my Memetics roll.
>>
>>54280375
GURPS can be as simple or as complex as any group wants it to be
>>
What's the best way to draw cones for attacks and such? Like for a cone 6 yards wide and 10 yards in range?
>>
>>54348801
Just a string can work fine, or you can cut a template from paper
>>
>>54348896
How does the cone fall onto the hexes if things don't line up neatly? I have trouble simply figuring out which hexes are affected and which aren't.
>>
>>54348977

If more than half the hex is inside the cone, it's affected. Otherwise it's not.
>>
>>54348576
>In early 2008, a comic in which Pepe pulls his pants down to his ankles in order to urinate was popularized on 4chan’s /b/, (random) board, along with the expression “Feels good man.”
>Throughout 2008, Pepe was mostly associated with the “Feels Good Man” reaction image. In 2009, an edited version featuring a distraught-looking Pepe with the caption “Feels bad man” began circulating as a reaction image on 4chan and the Body Building Forums.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pepe-the-frog
>>
>>54349434
That takes me back.

That frog was long dead right up until the 'hate symbol' shit gave it some credibility.
>>
File: GURPSangers.jpg (26KB, 345x303px) Image search: [Google]
GURPSangers.jpg
26KB, 345x303px
>>54348576
>>54348665
>>54349496

NEWFAAAAAGS GET OFF MY BOAAAAARD!
>>
>>54349434
>>54349496
I'm referring to this stupid thing. >>54349506
I know what pepe is.
>>
So at the end of Imbuements, they have the Imbue power. This talks about having Innate Attacks/Afflictions with the Follow-Up +50% (Any Melee or Weapon Attack) modifier, which by default applies to basically anything - unarmed attacks, melee weapons, ranged weapons. If I. wanted to tighten that scope - say, removing the unarmed part or making it work with just one kind of weapon - what adjustments should I make?
>>
So my group has decided that we want to do a cyberpunk game. Has anyone here done it? What books should I look at outside of Ultra-Tech?
Also, if >>54287626 is still here, what are the community's issues with ultra-tech?
>>
>>54349727
>[PU4] Follow-Up, Universal, +50%
>This variant of Follow-Up (p. B105) allows your attack to “piggyback” on any unarmed or weapon attack you make, whether melee or ranged – but not on an Innate Attack. (Of course, you can buy this enhancement, then add standard Follow-Up enhancements to cover your Innate Attacks.)
>[BS] Follow-Up, [var]
If the carrier attack is a natural weapon, such as Claws or Teeth, Follow-Up is a +0% enhancement. (Exception: On a passive carrier attack such as Spines, Follow-Up is a -50% limitation.)
>[PU7] Requires (item): This variant of “Requires material component” suits abilities that seem like they should use gadget limitations (pp. B116-117) but actually work with any piece of appropriate mundane equipment. For example, a super-archer with a special, custom bow would buy his Innate Attack with gadget limitations. However, one who can pick up any bow and make unrealistic shots would use Accessibility, Requires bow; if his bow is stolen or damaged, he can just run into a sporting goods shop and grab another. -10%.
So I'd say +25% for one class [melee, ranged] and +10% on one specific weapon [katana, mace, short bow, staff sling]

>>54350063
>What books should I look at outside of Ultra-Tech?
Action, Cyberpunk
>>
>>54350091
>Requires (Item)

Yes thank you this is just what I needed.
>>
>>54350091
>Cyberpunk
I'm a 4e babby so that's all I know. Does that convert over easy from 3e?
>>
>>54350091
Do you just know this information off the top of your head?

Like, you read that post and go "oh yeah that's in Power Up 4, let me grab the line"?

How much does that advantage cost
>>
>>54350063

Ultra-Tech and Bio-Tech for technology, cyberware and gear, but I recommend High Tech for arms and armor.
Guns like H&K MP7, G11 and ATK-H&K M29 are real, but are already more advanced than you'll find in most cyberpunk settings.
And let's face it, the AK has been around for 70 years now, and 1911 is over a hundred years old and still serviceable, so even if your setting is a bit more futuristic it's very reasonable to assume TL 8 and TL 7 guns are going to be commonplace on the street.

Depending on tone, you can use the Ultra-Tech melee weapons and options for things like vibro-swords and monowire whips, it's unrealistic and probably not enough, but it goes some way towards making melee weapons the viable staple they often are.
>>
>>54350526
>How much does that advantage cost
One point in Hobby (GURPS)
Or -4 from Hobby (Another Tabletop RPG)
>>
File: 1491416531206.jpg (216KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1491416531206.jpg
216KB, 1024x768px
>>54348576
>>54349623
The black rain frog that's always posted is an in-joke from a certain small group that seems to have caught on as a sort of self-depricating mascot for GURPS players on /tg/. The frog is grumpy that nobody plays GURPS, or something like that, so he puffs up and says GURPS is the One True System and that you should play it.

I think it's a cute frog so I don't mind it. Probably one of the better GURPS memes that's been on the board.
>>
>>54350702

Nah, GURPS is an Expert Skill

GURPS (Specialization) 1

Where the Specialization can be a book, a system, or a setting type

Someone with GURPS (Sorcery) would be familiar with Sorcery in Thaumaturgy and all other instances of Sorcery, and defaults to Powers and Thaumathugy at -2 and GURPS Basic Set at -1
>>
File: 2619011154_0cf8223619_o.jpg (154KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
2619011154_0cf8223619_o.jpg
154KB, 1280x852px
Had a quick look through the mega, but I couldn't find any good references for sailing ships, are there any good pdfs out there?
>>
>>54353077
Spaceships 7
>>
File: black_rain_frog_01.jpg (50KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
black_rain_frog_01.jpg
50KB, 620x620px
frogbump.
>>
File: 21_Foot_Sloop_Wallpaper.jpg (135KB, 1261x987px) Image search: [Google]
21_Foot_Sloop_Wallpaper.jpg
135KB, 1261x987px
>>54353077
Low Tech has some, though there's a real gap between a very small 21 foot sloop and a 50 foot brig. It could really use a beamy 30 footer that could carry a reasonable amount of supplies and people but still be handled by 3 men.
>>
>>54350320
Sure. Most of it is relatively easy to use and if you have any questions you can ask them here or at the official forums.
>>
>>54350063
Get GURPS Action line, as well as Pyramid issue 3-21 Cyberpunk; it gives 4e rules for hacking and cyberspace, updated/streamlined/expanded for use with the Action line.
>>
Starting a new GURPS campaign, in a setting I've run several campaigns in over the years (primarily my own strange brand of medieval fantasy).

Setting's leapt forwards about 150 years from the last campaign so things are getting shaken up a lot. Posted a little about it here, if anyone's interested.
>>54355361
>>
>>54352329
And where do Familiarities come in? GURPS (Ritual Path Magic) - 12. Familiarities: Charms, Decanic Trappings?
>>
>>54277541
Whats the best book for bureaucracy?
>>
>>54357498
Social Engineering?
Social Engineering: Pulling Rank?
Social Engineering: Boardroom and Curia?
>>
>>54356728

0 point features, 1 for every point level above IQ
>>
>GURPS
hurrdurrps more like lol
>>
>>54353077
>>54355512
What is the 'range' of these kind of ships? I don't see anywhere how long they can support their crew without resupplying.
>>
>>54360755
There should be something under loaded weight like "each ton of space dedicated to provisions equals X crewdays of food and water."
>>
>>54360755
>>54360979

Each person needs about 5 pounds per day, or 1 pound per day if traveling on fresh water.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.