[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wizards in Space

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Mage_Supremacy.jpg (242KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Mage_Supremacy.jpg
242KB, 650x650px
Alright /tg/, I need to pick your collective brains.

I'm trying to work on a setting for a WoD campaign with my friends, and I am just drawing a creative blank.

What I'm trying to do is work up a setting where the various supernatural elements of the WoD franchise saw the value in mankind's race for the stars and started investing their own time and effort into trying to get out there.

I just, for the life of me, can't figure out what impetus would drive them all to go without unbalancing everything.

Can anyone offer me suggestions or ideas?
>>
>>54277252

Have you never read any of the books for Mage? The Technocracy have a group who's sole purpose is to go into "space" which actually isn't space as we understand it more like a void between planes of existence that are preceived as planets and celestial bodies.
>>
>>54277269
Do the Mage books cover what the Vamp's, Wolves and Prometheans would be doing up there too? And which ones would you recommend getting for the topic?

Ideally I'd like to keep the space theme as close to reality as possible - visiting alternate realms of existence with wizards is great, but it basically removes every other splat as a contender.
>>
>>54277327

No specifically. Mage, Werewolf, Vampire and the like are seperate cronicles but you could technically combine them and I believe Demon actually bridges them all in a very loose way.

When in doubt, make it up in whatever way you like and look to the splats for stuff if you're worried about being canon.
>>
>>54278187
I'm not overly concerned with canon, I'm just struggling to think of cohesive reasons why these guys would go to space, and what would happen when they got there.

>Mages gonna mage, those capable are heading off to nearby planets and asteroids to experiment with magics too dangerous to do on the planet.
>Vampires are only weak to the our sun, not nearby stars, so have been working on a plan to colonize another planet where they can farm humans at their leisure.
>Wolves...fuck, I don't know this one well enough to think of a decent reason to go to space.
>>
>>54278335

Well then go hog wild then, but if you're using the supernaturals from WoD then Vampires wouldn't have a reason to go into space because them needing to "sleep" is a supernatural thing and therefore when it's suppose to be dawn on earth they are going to sleep, plus being constantly exposed to the sun is kind of a hinderence to them.

Changing breeds could technically side step and go to the moon maybe, it's also a way they could go into the shadowlands, I don't know what sort of spirits you'd find on the moon or space in general but I imagine they wouldn't want to be too far away from spirits they typically interact with (unless they're glasswalkers maybe but even that's stretching it)
>>
>>54279085
>Vampires wouldn't have a reason to go into space because them needing to "sleep"

That's the sort of stuff I'm struggling with. I could argue that Mages would follow Vamps into space, but I can't see the reverse happening.

What reason would Vamps have for trying to get out into space?
>>
>>54279218

None really, It's hard to get blood in space (nevermind the fact that some bloodlines need to actually eat the viscera as well as the blood). No one's disciplines are going to be really useful in space and you have the sun showing 24/7.
>>
>>54279218
A new vampire faction wants to shed the masquerade, or replace it with something better. So they go to the dark side of the moon and build an "alien" fleet to take over Earth!
>>
>>54279232
So the issues to tackle are:

>Food supply
>Sun exposure
>Reason

Can Vamps still survive on just livestock or bagged blood, or do they need actual human life or something?

Also - are Vamps effected by other stars, or just our sun?
>>
>>54279218
Read Pratchett. His vampires are the best and have a great reason to go into space. They are also actually not that different from WoD vampires.

The said reason is Control. Power, blood, hedonism these all are nice things but ultimately they want control. Over everything. Vamps don't go into space because it is that much profitable for them. In fact it may and will be dangerous and full of hardships. But they never could allow themselves to lose control over humanity and a chance at control over aliens.

Even if vampires themselves won't be astronauts (on first stages of exploration) they still will use their influence and money to sink their teeth into the program.
>>
>>54279321
I'll keep that in mind.

I kind of like the idea of Gangrel's sneaking up to the moon and laying dormant under the surface of the moon, waiting for the day when mankind finally colonizes it in a bid to control and corrupt it from the start.
>>
In nWoD, the idigam could easily provide a reason for werewolves to go into space; after seeing what humans brought back from the moon, they decide to be more pro-active with future space exploration.
>>
>>54281060
>idigam
? Where can I read more about this?
>>
>>54277252
We're talking Old World of Darkness, right?

The Werewolves would want to go into space to terraform other planets to spread Gaia's influence across the universe. Space is vast, lifeless, and empty, the sort of environment where the Wyrm holds sway, and the werewolves would want to fight off his corruption wherever they could.

Changelings would see it as a chance to recapture the wonder of existence. Outer space is full of new and fascinating sights to see, and the larger and more fantastic the world is, the easier it is to stave off banality.
>>
>>54281333
Thanks mate! This is great stuff, definitely going to be using it!
>>
>>54281210

Night Horrors: Wolfsbane is probably the best book for them. Thet're anciemt spirits that were banished to the moon, and hitched a ride back to Earth on the Apollo landers.
>>
>>54281997
The second ed. core book is subtitled The Idiagram Chronicles and has more info as well, I think.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.