[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cyberpunk urban fantasy wuxia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: question-mark.jpg (22KB, 615x615px) Image search: [Google]
question-mark.jpg
22KB, 615x615px
Is this a thing?

Are there games for it?

What system would you use? Sw? Gurps? BRP?
>>
>>54275747
Pink Mohawk Shadowrun?
>>
Homebrew based off Legends of Wulin.

I mean, you already have to basically rewrite it to make it understandable, so you might as well tweak it to match the setting while you're at it.
>>
>>54276041

I'm in games using the LotW system for a pulp sci-fi setting and for Dungeons the Dragonings setting. If you've gone through the trouble of learning the system, tweaking it to fit is honestly pretty easy.

You can't really overstate just how much of a bitch it is to learn, though.
>>
>>54276065
I actually was writing a generic'd version of LotW before I realized I only understood about 40% of the system despite pouring over it repeatedly.
>>
File: fengshui2_cover_final.jpg (196KB, 616x801px) Image search: [Google]
fengshui2_cover_final.jpg
196KB, 616x801px
>>54275747
Pic related or else Hero System should do the job.
>>
>>54276115

I tried that myself, but halfway through I just felt myself itching to start changing things.

I fucking love LotW as a system, but for every idea it gets right there are two it gets wrong. They're still good ideas, but you need to tweak and fiddle with the execution to really get it working.

Once that's all said and done, it's fucking fantastic to play, it's just an arse of a time getting there.
>>
>>54275747
Isn't that literally shadowrun?
>>
>>54276358
Shadowrun doesn't have nearly enough Kung fu, and is far too focused on military grade weapons.
>>
>>54276358

Yeah, but getting to SR's crunch through the fluff is hard.

Also, it's very magic vs tech, and married to the setting. You can't have a Magic Ninja who slowly replaces his body parts with tech in SR--he'd loose his magic.

Meanwhile, in GURPS, you can. You can even have a dude who controls his drones by magic
>>
>>54276137
Seconding Feng Shui (1st edition). It had a future cyberpunk world built-in.
>>
>>54276523
Adepts and Mages give you a shitload of kung fu powers if you want them, and the martial arts while not overarching, are fun enough. Full mages party happen more often than you think, and group ignoring half of the setting is normal and necessary.

>>54276532
The whole Magic vs Tech can be played around easily in many ways, and you can get pretty good characters since you can still restrict them by chargen and make encounters somewhat dangerous and interesting. The easiest way I can think of, is everyone getting any Adept Way for free and they can spend 2 Special Attributes points to get a "free" essence that they can spend on ware without eating into their actual essence.
You can have a mage with some chrome or a chromed guy with some magic here and there easily with just that. Just don't play with hardcore minmaxers.

And honestly, as far I know you can play it as crunch it as the group allows it. Especially if you plan to ignore or simplify hacking.
>>
>>54276115
>>54276065
>>54276041
c'mon whats not to understand about CHIVALROUS JOSS and CHI IMBALANCES
>>
>>54276828

I am at the point I actually understand that shit. I feel like I've gained a point of Enlightened fucking Chi.
>>
>>54276828
This basics are pretty simple. What threw me was the class-specific stuff.
>>
>>54278649

Secret Arts is a bitch. Although Mr Rage actually threw together a doc explaining it more clearly, which is damn useful.

Although even then, in actual play I tend to handwave the details of secret arts a lot.
>>
I do love modern/sci-fi Wuxia shit. Any recommendations?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.