[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travelling adventure antics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

My D&D group is currently involved in a long scale caravan journey between the two main areas of their current story, I want to pad out the trip a little on the way, so it does feel like a genuine trek. Maybe to last one or two full sessions.

Any ideas for brief adventures or events to take place in that situation?

So far the lead caravan has thrown a wheel, which they had to fix and get attacked by a displacer beast, figured out that one of the guards has been killing prostitutes in the towns they travel to, and watched a Griffin fly over but decided to completely ignore it.

12 day journey across grasslands into wet coastland.
>>
Mind dropping some general lore about the world/main quest? In my experience, it's usually a good idea to have what players encounter during a trip to have some small connection to the larger conflict.
>>
If you ever played a NE in Vanilla WoW you could use some the journey from Teldrassil to Ironfall as inspiration.

>Lots of deadly beasts that can kill you waiting on the side of the road
>Complete change of geography, races and architecture

Another idea could be a druid living in the swamp and he asks the party for help. Simply getting ambushed by intelligent creatures or the classic Troll Bridge that you can tweak
>>
>>54273529
The characters are seeking a missing young woman, daughter of a local lord, who's gone missing. She's a young magic user, and so far they've discovered she was last seen at this other city they're currently travelling to, surrounded by a significant amount of dark interference stopping even a powerful seer from seeing the girl clearly.

They have also drawn the significant ire of a female warrior Orc along the way, who captains a small band of 30 or so Orc rangers.
>>
>>54273698
Cool beans, thanks for the info.

Maybe some on the road encounters could include.

>A group of peasants are deep in the coastlands looking for their own missing children, and are willing to pay the players for helping them search the area. It turns out the children are actually being used as bait to lead the villagers into her lair to make a village sized gumbo.

>Two orc rangers have broken off from their band, and are willing to offer protection and info on their leader if the party agrees to sneak them to where they're going.
>>
>>54274057
I like giving personality to the Orcs a lot, and try to wherever I can. Already have like three or four named members of this group that the players have interacted with.

I do like the idea of some of them betraying their leader, as i've already sowed the seeds of mistreatment among her ranks.
>>
>>54274174
Glad you dig the idea. I also like to give my orcs personality instead of them just being angry brutes. Also, I just realized I didn't name what was capturing the kids. A hag or witch. Sorry about that.

If I come up with more ideas, I'll post them.
>>
>>54274224
Majority female group too, so it's a little different thematically than previous groups i've DMed for, in a good way.
>>
>The party encounters a traveling caravan that attempts to sell them various goods. Whether they buy anything or not, the caravan goes on its merry way.

>A couple days later, the players encounter a very similar caravan with a very similar merchant, but with slight differences here and there. Once again, whether they buy anything or not, the caravan goes on its way.

>A day later, those two caravans are now fighting each other on the road.
>Both offer excellent deals to the party if they help them kill the other caravan merchant.
>>
Sounds cliche but highway men and bandits are always a blast, especially dumb ones.
>Tfw tricked one into getting surprise attack and he was so dumb he trusted me to get in another
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.