[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it work as a table top game/setting, or would you need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Bastion.jpg (81KB, 730x411px) Image search: [Google]
Bastion.jpg
81KB, 730x411px
Would it work as a table top game/setting, or would you need to only make a setting similar in scope?

And would it be a requirement for the DM to describe everything in past tense like the narrator?
>>
>>54273455
Pre-calamity would be a playable setting however i feel setting things during the events of the game would just feel like a dungeon crawl.
>>
>>54273455
Narrating that way could be a great way to fuck with your players. "And so the band of adventures set off in to the woods. Little did they suspect the horrors and misery that awaited them
>>
>>54278714
Fuck I love that idea.
>>
>>54278714
Only problem would be making sure the narration keeps the right tone throughout. There was an anon that had done some work a while ago on a Bastion RPG, and was posting bits of the stats and the descriptions of it a few days ago. It fitted the style properly, but one of the descriptions had "shit" or something similar in it, and it just didn't mix with the rest of it well, especially when spoken with a voice like Rucks'. If you had a GM able to keep a narrative style going throughout, it would be an amazing game, especially with the right music
>>
>>54281833
I tried doing it when I first started DMing. That was when I discovered I was not as talented as I thought.
>>
>>54281888
How did you go about it? My first thought was having players named "The ____", and trying not to explicitly say "Roll for ___" to try and keep the storytelling style going, no idea beyond that though
>>
Why does Supergiant get more love on /tg/? The settings and lore are superb. Take away away the vidya elements and you have a decent background for at least a one-off.
>>
I'd love to play a game set in Caelondia after the Calamity. The game's plot, to repair and complete the Bastion, would work great for a campaign. You could also say that pockets of folk here and there survived as well, some of whom want to join the PCs and some of whole just want to be left alone.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.