[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 378
Thread images: 35

File: enchanting lewd.png (712KB, 1608x1044px) Image search: [Google]
enchanting lewd.png
712KB, 1608x1044px
Paizo Games General /pgg/

Have you ever played as a character who heavily depended conceptually on a PrC?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>54259338
>>
>>54266676
Like >>54266086 says, it would be a strong indication that Tuvarkz is picking based on tits/attention over the actual substance of the apps.
>>
>>54266748
>Lawful Neutral
Tick!
>Knight Person
Tick!
>Noble blood connection
Tick!
>Worships Asmodeus
Tick!
>>
>>54266743
Actually yes. My poison character used a PRC to boost his DCs by about 10
>>
Recognise and acknowledge your mistake, but never admit your mistake.
>>
>>54266743
>Enchanting Courtesan requires Bluff

Also is that supposed to be a girl or a guy?
>>
>>54266774
Saying someone's primary characteristic is how much of an attention whore they are is kinda bullshit
>>
>>54266799
>Also is that supposed to be a girl or a guy?
Why not both?
>>
>>54266800
Hi Vult!
>>
>>54266776
Quadruple threat, but I guess for Tuvarkz that's normal.

shit player desu
>>
>>54266817
Hello Random Anon
>>
>>54266809
Hermaphrodites are an astonishingly rare percentage of the population, they simply just are not a thing in a Medieval setting.

Buuuuuuut this is Golarion, where I bet everyone has both bits.
>>
>>54266800
Both Cyrielle and Frederick are much more substantive, interesting characters than either of Maylayna and Darkstar, the only reason the latter should get in over the former is if there are scheduling issues or if Tuvarkz's metric of selection skewed by breast size (which the tier chart would seem to indicate). I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things wash out though, probably won't be too long since rumor had it that acceptances were already being PMed before the weekend.
>>
>>54266918
What is Maylays short coming? What makes her worse?
>>
>>54266918
I won't deny Darkstar is a meme character, but beyond "muh succubus memes" there's a LOT of potential to be had if the player handles her correctly.
>>
>>54266938
Her backstory reads like a laundry list of things that happened written in boring purple prose. It's bland, doesn't give me a feeling of the character. Read over the other two I mentioned, their characters jump off the page. Of course this is all a matter of subjective taste, but the fact that these other apps have been discussed at length here in terms of both their backstories and how they might interact with other potential party members speaks volumes about how prevalent that subjective opinion is.
>>
>>54266743
Sohei 3/Empyreal Sorcerer 7/EK 10.

Don't judge me, it's a meme build for DEX/WIS to AC and dervish dance flurry memes
>>
>>54267021
Which WotR characters "jump off the page" to you?
>>
>>54267021
Maylay is 4 days old, and didn't have a draft two until 2 days ago. Thread memory is a poor metric of comparison
>>
What are your guesses for WotR parties, anons? Share your thoughts!
>>
>>54267093
Most of the field has been pretty bland for WotR, the most vibrant characters to me were Leofric and Cyrielle. I think those two probably also have the most compelling possibilities for character interaction as well, personally. Frederick, Seraphina, Ruhiel and Bethany are also fairly interesting characters. The rest of the field missed the mark for me.
>>
>tfw noone ever talked about my WotR character, neither negative nor positive, throughout the entire app period
>>
>>54267021
Hold on, did you read draft 1 or 2?
>>
>>54267178
If PFG/PGG doesn't talk about or expresses a negative opinion on your character, studies show they have a higher chance of getting in, or they're just bad.
>>
>>54267215
Nobody should meme about WOTR. It's a shit game run by a DMPC-using nodachifag.
>>
>>54267263
Also this, I completely agree. Tuvarkz is scum.
>>
>>54267210
That sounds like something that would be said as a joke.
>>
>>54267210
I read the edit from 2 days ago. It just doesn't click for me, sorry.
>>
>>54267021
Purple prose is /pfg/s greatest sin in apps
>>
>>54267263
That's why my biggest fear is that Vult will get in. He'll never shut up about the game and his shitty donut steel that nobody cares about. If there's no Vult it'll probably slide into obscurity in a few weeks like /pfg/ games should.
>>
>>54267263
>DMPC-using
wut
>>
Kinda knew to PF
Question about magus
Imagine I want to cast Frostbite, I can cast Frostbite through an attack and make a second attack with a -2 to both right?
But next turn I want to use Brand and a second attack do these two attacks also get the properties of frostbite?
>>
>>54267381
Not unless you're attacking with unarmed strikes.
>>
File: 1497664787837.jpg (169KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1497664787837.jpg
169KB, 623x414px
Good morning. Sadly, the dream is dead, and a few expected applications apparently weren't completed in time. Seraphina's player had a complete schedule change, Leofric's can't really handle another game; and it's impossible to schedule Frederick alongside anyone else among my preferred picks.
Thus, these are the picks. NotR shall run at Fridays, 8:00-11:00 PM GMT-5 with the following party:
Ruhiel Inaedel
Bethany Lyne Tertia Calum
Darkstar the Witness
Nolah Aisling
Qari Xazi
Shan Long
>>
>>54267398
>Darkstar the Witness the Hegehog
pssh... nuthin personnel, kid
>>
>>54267398
>Darkstar
just according to keikaku
>>
>>54267398
>Tits over substance confirmed
>But no Vult
Shine on you crazy diamond!
>>
>>54267398
>No Leofric, no Seraphina, no Frederick, no Cyrielle
Disappointing, but not a big surprise.
>>
>>54267398
5 chicks
1 dude
Kek.

Guys ladyknights ladyknights ladyknights xd
>>
>>54267274
Is Tuvarkz confirmed worse than Rory?
>>
>>54267474
yes
>>
>>54267451
For once I'd like a sausagefest game, not because "muh /y/ meta", but because I'm sick of seeing so many similar party comps of half-and-half or mostly girls and girl (male).
>>
>>54267397
...for what I can't though?
The spell says: You can use this melee touch attack up to one time per level. Does that mean Brand cancels it?
>>
>>54267501
>tfw running a sausagefest game with a tiefling medic, two burly orcs, and a trap
>>
>>54267501
>tfw I can't write good male characters

forgive me anon
>>
>>54267398
>LG Half-Giant Stalker/Warder
>NG Human Wizard/Investigator
>CG/CN Half-Elf Oracle/Vigilante
>CG Tiefling Witch/UCRogue
>CN Half-Elf Sorcerer/UCRogue
>LG Human UCMonk/Avowed

Huh. For all the talk of ladyknights, there's actually only like a grand total of 1 in here.
>>
>>54267538
but plenty of big fucking titties
>>
>>54267510
You can't deliver a held touch attack through a weapon unless you're spellstriking (and that only works for the first free touch attack while casting the spell). Only bodily contact transfers the stored charge.
>>
>>54267543
So magus can't hold the charge either?
>>
>>54267398
As the guy who made Shan Long, surprising! I basically took a chainsaw to my background and cut down on detail and quality so that it would be easier to read. I was fully expecting to not make the cut because of that.
>>
>>54267618
He can hold the charge, he just can't deliver it through his weapon. Now that I think about it, the charge might be lost the next time he casts a spell, but I'm not sure on that. There's a reason Maguses only cast Brand/Arcane Mark and Shocking Grasp.
>>
Now we can move onto talking about Iron Gods, thank god.
>>
>Vult is salty his shitty meme didn't make it
eat dicks son
>>
>>54267648
Damn, why people say Frostbite build is a good option then? it sucks
>>
>>54267648
>>54267543
What sort of shit are you spouting, anon?
>>
>That feel when you are a shitty DM who flaked on a game, but you stick around /pfg/ threads because you like to masturbate.
>>
>>54267676
Because it's still one of the best 1st level damage-based touch spells, despite being invalidated by half or more of the bestiary?
>>
Where do I scratch my gestalt itch now that I didn't make it into WotR, /pfg/?
>>
>>54267708
But you can only make one attack and waste like up to 19, extra attacks equal to you CL you'll never be able to make, who designed that shit?
>>
I need the most up to date copy of the Bloodforge pdf
>>
>>54267729
check the trove you fucking mongoloid.
>>
File: Houri Update.jpg (57KB, 513x720px) Image search: [Google]
Houri Update.jpg
57KB, 513x720px
>>54267743
The trove one might not be current. Does it have this art in it?
>>
File: Cyrielle.d'Equesse.jpg (114KB, 954x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Cyrielle.d'Equesse.jpg
114KB, 954x1350px
>>54267447
In Tuvarkz' defense, the first three you mention were explicitly mentioned as having scheduling issues. I too was contacted to see if I could make the 8PM start time, but wasn't able to either.
>>
>>54267773
does it matter?
>>
Are they are lewd pathfinder books?
>>
>>54267784
yes but its shit, the 3.5 ones are better
>>
>>54267789
I mean like actual books, not rulebooks.
>>
>>54267542
Huge tits aren't special when there aren't any men to paizuri them.
>>
>>54267789
"Better."
>>
>>54267813
Its true, even BoEF is better than PF vices.
>>
OKay so I managed to snag the new version of the Bloodforge book, but I need some help here:

Does anyone have the Host of Heroes Aegis book?
>>
>>54267726
>why is [thing] designed so poorly?

Paizo. The answer is [almost] always Paizo. The logical thing would have been to let a magus holding multiple charges use spell combat to get a bonus attack, should he still be holding the charge. The Magus is riddled with little "it would have been better if..." design flaws that add up into a cancerous mass of wasted potential.
>>
>>54267447
They can still see playtime, anon! All you need to do is PM THEM!
>>
>>54267806
Then you bring in NPCs.
>>
>>54267775
>Vult confirmed for not even in the top 10
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>54267713
Nowhere, the Age of High-Powered Gestalt is over.

Embrace the darkness, my friend. And let the feast begin.
>>
>>54267806
thats what the DMPC and his nodachi are for
>>
File: 003 - yApuGRB.jpg (17KB, 542x468px) Image search: [Google]
003 - yApuGRB.jpg
17KB, 542x468px
>>54267855
>the Age of High-Powered Gestalt is over.
>he actually thinks this

you fucks will get something else to bitch about and we'll circle right back around
>>
>>54267844
It just isn't the same, you know? Faceless Asshole #3 humping your boobs isn't as special as the hunk you've been traveling with since Session #1.
>>
>>54267886
DMPC
>>
>>54267778
The one with new art also has the errata in so yes
>>
>>54267854
Literally why the fuck do you care so much
>>
>>54266743
Yes.
>>
>>54266743
>erotic touch

A divination handjob?
>>
>>54267947
Mage Hand.
>>
>>54267344
I believe I've had the displeasure of playing with him before. All he does is play Edgy Man with Nodachi. No flavour. No fun. Just 'me hit man with nodachi'
>>
>>54266743

Is the armor for lewds?
>>
>>54267960
I've played with him and he's been fine.
Builds very competent but not gamebreaking, doesn't hog the spotlight, but also not a wallflower.

Nothing amazing but nothing that would make me not want to play with him again.
>>
>>54267986

yes
>>
File: sigmund.jpg (54KB, 437x640px) Image search: [Google]
sigmund.jpg
54KB, 437x640px
>>54266776
>>54266840
Isn't it yet another incarnation of Sigmund Gulbrand?
>>
Alright here we go, I'm doing a quick rundown of the iron gods apps so far, because i'm home sick today with nothing to do and I can't sleep.

>Conall Cernach
Spearguy kellid, his classing is a bit odd so he has LOTS of subsystem access but thats ok I guess, the imouto shit is kind of lame and I don't see why this character would get involved with the greater plot, too connected to baine
>Vesha
Potential here, a Gunslinger with a reason to hate the technic league and want to bring it down is a nice driving force for the character, and her guilt is a nice touch. Needs a little editing
>Uirel
Name autism aside, a super condescending character like this gives me worries for how they'd be in a party, but the idea that tech is just magic driving the character is cute
>Semzaya
Connections to Baine again. OY VEY THE SHECKLES the app, as a personal note, summoners -always- turn me off because they just feel like trouble, and a hardcore capitalism ho type is kind of interesting despite its problematic features. Another char that I feel will have trouble with the larger plot of IG though.
>Erecura
I'm honestly not even going to bother, I don't mind things being derivative but when you're this much of a rip off of an anime character, my fucking eyes glaze over. Try harder.
>Kazulki
Honestly, I don't really see how one can play a Kasatha in Iron Gods without fucking the plot and the mystery of everything up. Its just something off about the whole idea of it, ya know? Futhermore he's pretty fucking boring to boot, Just a generic PROTECT MY FAMILY AND AM WISE
>Luthaya
I admit, the wishcrafter always struck me as a cute archetype, but a character thats a reincarnation of a much more powerful being feels troublesome. Luthaya just... Has nothing iron-godsy about her, and her city of brass backstory is uninteresting. I'd like to see her sort of being like a Q thrown out of the Q continuum, rather than this weird amnesia thing.

cont..
>>
>>54268061
>Name autism aside
;-;
>>
So, I'm interested in running a game. How does this sound?
>Skulls and Shackles
>25 PB
>Not gestalt
>DSP/Jolly/Forrest/SoP allowed
>No fullcasters/full initiators/full manifesters/whatever the SoP version is
>lewd if people want it?
>space piracy with starfinder's spaceship rules perhaps?
>>
>>54268090
>Allowing SoP without having any idea how it works

Ohh boy
>>
>>54268090
>Not gestalt
ripperino in pepperoni
>>
>>54268090
Why not just wait and play starfinder if you're waiting for starfinder's rules anyway?
>>
>>54268090
Skulls and Shackles has a bad rep for having a really shitty earlygame experience.
If you want to attract people you should do some research into it and then make some statements about if you're going to improve it.
>>
>>54268090
You should also avoid being a bamboozle, that'd be nice.
>>
>still zero apps for You're the Village Now
was i out fishing too deep in niche game territory here? is anyone working on anything here? was app time too short? should i just shelve the project for later and start the app circus for Fiendish Intrigue real early so it can get so long and silly and full of memes that it puts Ensoulment to shame?
>>
>>54267828
Yep, that's why Shocking grasp is the only viable build, rest don't work.
>>
>>54268059
Yes. Same name and everything.

0 originality
>>
>>54268168
Is it linked in the game listing?

What is it about?
>>
>>54268168
I never saw the listing, but I probably would have had an interest in it depending on the tone and rules.
>>
>>54268061
>Sallet
There's a basis for a character here, but where's the meat. I expected meat on the bones from you of all people sweagle.
Joking aside, Sallet is a very tabula rasa character, and I feel like there could be things done to tie this character to the themes of iron gods, that currently there just aren't any of.
She's like an alien fungus armor? I dunno, I just want to see this app fleshed out a bit
>Rashin
The opposite problem from above. If Sallet tells me not enough, Rashin tells me WAYYY too fucking much. Like holy god. While he has some bits connecting him to the greater setting of Iron Gods, like the previous Baine related characters, he feels like someone who won't want to leave Torch after the first book.
>Jaden
Absolutely generic hogwash in this app honestly, mom was an adventuerer, dieded, now jaden look for mom, get ganked by barbs, but oh is paladin!
Like what is this. Where's the hook to make this character interesting. He's just -a- paladin. I guess he's interested in tech too? Feels tacked on
>Cynn
The nature of this character and her over-the-top dealio, people are either gonna love it or hate it. Personally I'm a fan, but I can more than see how others wouldn't like it. Personality might cause party tension, and that build looks godawful.
>Kodrak
MELTDOWN MELTDOWN. I like this character, he's basically a half-orc x-man threw into Numeria with a grudge against the technic league. I love a good revenge plot, and he's got a pretty damn good reason to hate
>Dragoslav
Its fucking nothing. Again. Also the player seems to think that the game is set in Fallout, referencing vaults and shit. Now I know there's things called vaults in pathfinder, but they're not in Numeria. Its a straight to the garbage app.
>Zed
An interesting, stepford smiler take on an android, he's basically autistic. There's nothing here worthy of really any disdain, or any true praise. Its -fine-, though i find it a little boring.

cont for anka.
>>
>>54268124
First book of Serpent's Skull into the Plunder and Peril module, then Skulls and Shackles books 3 through 6, is what I've heard been suggested around some places.

Speaking of, what other APs and Modules would it be possible to "RotJR"-ify? I.e mixing up bits and pieces of an AP in ways similar to going through the first book of Rise of the Runelords then entering into Jade Regent?
>>
>>54268246
>Anka
Basically, what we have here is a drug addict raider. This is a decent, solid overall app, with a nice gimmick of drug addiction, there are some worries about why this character would get invested in the plot besides drugs and money, and is worryingly close to being chaotic evil rather than chaotic neutral in my personal estimation. Alternatively, a character being an addict presents a lot of RP potential. From whats written, this would be less emphasized and she's kind of just a shallow drug addict bitch? It feels like a waste almost

And we're done.
>>
>>54268074
I speak only the truth.
>>
>>54268223
>>54268226
on cell so cant post but check archive 2 or 3 threads back for listing.
>>
>>54268293
Name autism felt appropriate for a snobby elf app. ;-;
>>
>>54268257
Maybe Kingmaker mashed with that upcoming Taldor AP? Or Kingmaker with Ironfang Invasion, fighting off an invading army of hobgoblins while building a burgeoning kingdom.
>>
>>54268061
>>54268246
>>54268287
I think you missed an app.
>>
>>54268300
Still.
>>
>>54268287
I've always been bad at writing personalities :V
>>
>>54268306

>Shadahlah the whatever
Its a fucking app that can't play, I don't care.
>>
>>54268338
Shadilay?
>>
>>54268318
I just feel that you've cut off her potential for character growth in your blurb by making her so shallow. I dunno there's ways to do the drug addict girl thing
>>
Does Pummeling Style and Clustered Shots also work against Hardness? On a related note, fuck paizo for making Pummeling Unarmed Only
>>
File: a5bb42eeee379f2c8eafcabae4f6fed6.jpg (592KB, 1281x1600px) Image search: [Google]
a5bb42eeee379f2c8eafcabae4f6fed6.jpg
592KB, 1281x1600px
What game should I apply as this qt in?
>>
>>54268410
Mine

I don't have one, I just think you're cute.
>>
>>54268287
Not the player, but I agree Anka is a fantastic concept mired in a backstory that doesn't focus enough on her drug addiction. Busty violent drug-addled raider bitch with enough Night Tea to last a week is perfect for the techno-Barbarian wasteland of Numeria, but if Luna added a paragraph after the start of her addiction detailing the desperate measures she'd go to get another high would go a very, very long way to make me like her.
>>
>>54268410
Show dick
>>
>>54268383
Honestly I don't really know what else to add to it, or take away, etc. Like I said, I'm bad at this stuff \o/
>>
>>54268415
And then this guy appears. I'll take this advice and try something eventually. Plenty of time before applications close after all!
>>
>>54268446
Always happy to help, you could even suggest Anka is helping Torch not only for the reward, but the belief that there might be an entire pool of Numerian Fluid down in the ruins. The insidious thing about addiction to a serious drug is how easily you shift into a lifestyle that revolves around the consumption and acquisition of the drug, it might be fascinating to focus on that in the "addiction" paragraph.
>>
>>54267412
you asshole.
I was drinking orange juice
>>
>>54266743
Why are half-elves so bullshit?
They get all the good shit from both humans and elves and also get multi-talented.
Even their racial bonuses to classes are pretty good! Fuck half-elves.
>>
>>54268590
Because Elf/Human couples are objectively the best and cutest couples.
>>
>>54268551
Kind souls on the internet! That's spooky! Thanks though.
>>
>>54268598
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY IT!
>>
>>54268598
Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>54268407
not sure what pummeling style does, but clustered shots is against DR.

Not Resistance
Not Hardness
just DR.
>>
>>54268598
As has been said before, Elves are intensely monogamous, and when they acquire a serious lover they will devote themselves to that lover until tragedy or time takes them.
>>
>>54268630
t. a shitter with even shittier taste
>>
File: 6684689479.jpg (215KB, 1046x732px) Image search: [Google]
6684689479.jpg
215KB, 1046x732px
>>54268640
>>
File: 029 - Z8FiKjr.png (319KB, 640x436px) Image search: [Google]
029 - Z8FiKjr.png
319KB, 640x436px
>>54268634
the wording is basically the same for both, Pummeling is just "Unarmed Only". Pretty sure it USED to pool together everything into one attack for all purposes, but that got changed when they also fucked it to be "unarmed only, no matter what other abilities you have".

>mfw unarmed gets fucked in Iron Gods
>>
>>54268721
According to Elves of Golarion, even mere friendship among elves is stronger than most bonds other races experience:
>Still, once elves reach a level of comfort with a person, they drop their guarded demeanor and become friendly. Elves value friendship highly, and they stick by their friends with a loyalty sometimes exceeding the familial bonds of other races.
The book also mentions the concept of true love as important for elves.
Get rekt.
>>
>>54268753
Clustered shots has always been DR only.
For anyone not using degraded inferior weapons like the energy ones though, that's all you ever need.
>>
>>54266854
There's also magic
>>
>>54268753
To be fair, punching a solid, non-trick brick apart is an amazing thing that masters do for a reason.

People are soft and squishy, but something with vehicular armor on it is anything but.
>>
>>54268410
Wait, is that a human version of Millhiore Firianno Biscotti from Dog Days?
>>
>>54266854
The kid would be born wrong the parents would understand this one was fucked up and would either not grow up right or be stuck between the two and confused, and they'd feed it to the hogs.

Nobody spent their college years trying to eliminate vocabulary in hopes that people with a mental illness will be able to accuse folks that simply said what they see a fucking hate crime.
>>
File: elinozomi.gif (5MB, 900x1593px) Image search: [Google]
elinozomi.gif
5MB, 900x1593px
What is THE best low-level mind controller in /pfg/'s usual allowed 1pp/3pp books?
>>
>>54268721
Anon... Calistria being a thing actually solidifies that statement.

Calistria is the goddess of lust and revenge. Lust is not love, and is not meant to be seen as a substitute for love, but merely something you enjoy before finding a partner. Revenge however, that's something special. A race that doesn't feel strong attachments would have little reason to be so obsessed with revenge, but one that becomes fiercely loyal and loving to someone? If that someone betrays you, there's hell to pay.

You don't need revenge on a cheater when you come from a race that doesn't care about cheating, and Elves have a MAJOR DEITY associated with that revenge.
>>
>>54268818
if I'm spending the feats to do something, the assumption is that I spent the effort to be able to do something. While it makes sense in the rules, being able to pool attacks to punch through DR 20/Adamantine when I can't do the same for even hardness 1 looks silly as fuck
>>
>>54268879
Highlord or Eliciter.
>>
>>54268879
Mesmerist, maybe?
Unless the sphereshits do it better.
>>
So how often do your DMs actually have nice maps set up for you on Roll20? I'm struggling with tiling, and finding premade maps is proving quite difficult and time consuming. Is whiteboard with markers common? Or do you tend to have higher expectations of your DM?
>>
>>54268932
I've heard Tiled is a good resource to use, but I've never used it.
>>
>>54268879
Confabulation Powder and Cytillesh Extract. So low-level it doesn't even require class levels.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-11-13-26-17.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-11-13-26-17.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Anyone else excited for the Kingmaker video game? The kickstarter made it to Archetypes.
https://youtu.be/oA5IQVegc6M
>>
>>54268932
As a GM I regularly struggle with this because I want to make nice maps myself, but then they become huge-sized image files that take up a lot of space and I only have a basic R20 account, so that's not gonna work for long.

I do my best with online resources though, and it tends to work out.
>>
>>54269099
>The kickstarter made it to Archetypes.
Depends on what archetypes they add, how much character customization they have, and whether or not people hack it to be moddable
>>
File: CalistriaVenganza.jpg (78KB, 809x523px) Image search: [Google]
CalistriaVenganza.jpg
78KB, 809x523px
>>54268721
>Honor to an elf is keeping his or her word, delivering on all bargains, providing for family and friends, and seeking and following divine guidance.
t. Elves of Golarion
>>54268886
Speaking of, here's a depiction of a worshipper of Calistria in action. Death as a retribution for cheating is the norm, suggesting extremely strong bonds between partners.
>>
>>54269099
Maybe once modders add in all the other stuff so that it's not just core-classes-only with vancian-casting-only...

Wouldn't mind playing a legendary machine-kineticist
>>
>>54269196
>retribution for cheating
Really? It always seemed that was "punishment" for being put in the friendzone or something equally petty.
>>
>>54269212
Inquisitor, Alchemist, and Magus will be in the game out of non-core classes.
>>
>>54269243
Second Darkness even explicitly says some temples of Calistria help with removing unfaithful lovers.
>>
>>54269243

Nah. They do some nasty shit with wasps, or, if your case is particularly extreme (and your temple contribution generous), some very fatal shit with knives.
>>
>>54269261
>Magus

oh boy I can't wait for them to not put Dervish Dancing or any actual useful spells in and fuck the class over EVEN MORE
>>
>>54269333
Time to Shocking Grasp. :^)
>>
File: AFO.png (899KB, 1712x1250px) Image search: [Google]
AFO.png
899KB, 1712x1250px
I've been told that Synthesist is incompatible with Unchained Summoner, but after looking at it I can't find any reason for it. Have I been bamboozled?
>>
>>54269261
And that's ~everything~ they have for classes. No evil Antipaladin parties, no charging cavalier armies, no Fighters with advanced weapon/advanced armor training, probably mostly CRB feats too actually.
>>
>>54269347
You could probably homebrew a conversion, but the thing is that the UC Summoner has basically no mechanical support for archetypes.
>>
>>54269347
According to Pathfinder Unchained, all Unchained classes except for Monk are backwards-compatible with archetypes.
>>
>>54269372
Didn't they have a little box saying "it's not compatible, BUUUUUT, you can easily work with your DM to port stuff"?
>>
>>54269372
And even then, UC Monk should be compatible, they're just too lazy to convert them. After all, it's usually not that much more than ripping out some ki powers to make room for the archetype abilities.
>>
>>54269099
I just find it odd that they chose Kingmaker as the one they adapt. I'd have expected Rice of the Muleboards or Course of the Simpson Phone or if they'd have gone full out-of-the-usual Mommy's Task.
>>
>>54269403
Phoneposter-kun pls
>>
>>54269403
Those sound like amazing campaigns and I want someone to run them.
>>
>>54269348
So, basically, like Neverwinter 2 diamond edition; worth buying a good while after it comes out when there's big fat campaigns and other sytems and books shoved into it to really have some fun
>>
>>54269403
Kingmaker could work in a computer game format though, more than in normal play, since all the annoying kingdom building aspects get shunted onto the programming and you're just left with easy click+play kingdom creation.
>>
Since Synth was brought up, is it compatible with Sphere Summoner somehow? My GM replaced all standard casting with Spheres but I want to try out Synth.
>>
>>54266854
Actually, they are mentioned in settings previous to medieval.

They have fucking deities and myths dedicated to them, for Hermaphrodite's sake.
>>
How do I make a good crafter character?
>>
>>54269624
Be a forgepriest or a universalist mage.
>>
>>54267510
Yes, casting a new spell removes the charge of held spells.
>>
>>54269403
Mommy's Task sounds fun.
>>
>>54269099
>Brevoy
>Fantasy Poland
>Only one white male character

(((THEY))) CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS.
>>
>>54269680
I think everyone here is reading Frostbite wrong.
It's a buff spell, you aren't casting frostbite at an enemy, you cast it on yourself and then make melee touch attacks afterward.
At no point does this particular spell need held, and while it does technically qualify for Spellstrike, you don't want to be buffing your enemies.
>>
File: 1455412473903.gif (3MB, 580x328px) Image search: [Google]
1455412473903.gif
3MB, 580x328px
>mfw the Dragon's hoard is worth 1,131,838 gp

Is there even a reason to continue adventuring (barring some cosmic or world-ending threat) when you're worth 283,000 gp?
>>
>>54269804

Aren't companions in RPGs usually a grab-bag, though?
>>
>>54269892

Taxes
>>
>>54269892
Basically if your issues can't be solved my money alone. My character adventured because he had a piece of his soul permanently damaged beyond any form of magical repair and now only gained pleasure from the suffering of others.

He was worth a lot, kept adventuring because pain made him happy.
>>
>>54269833
Any multiple touch-spell (frostbite, elemental touch, chill touch) lasts only as long as you do not cast other spells. Frostbite isn't a good spell for that, because fatigue doesn't last long, and touch of fatigue can be cast each round, adding an extra attack. Chill touch works better because it is not cold damage, and the strength damage can stack.
>>
>>54269914
But anon, a palace rivaling Versailles in size and splendor is only 19,640 gp!
>>
>>54270013
Id be giggling if you rolled up a tiefling trait
>>
>>54270013
>+1 on ability checks while within 30feet of a good outsider
...does that include yourself?
>>
awoo
>>
>tfw no busty braided archer redhead PCs
>>
>>54270058
You don't have the subtype.
>>
>>54269949
>fatigue doesn't stack.

Need coffee.
>>
>>54270062
But I don't want that for a PC.
I want it for a cohort.
>>
>>54270058
...that's actually a good question, I mean, a hard ruling on RAW would say yes, but it's clearly not meant to include you, imo.

That said, always having a good outsider near you is easily achieved, but on the other hand, +1 to ability checks is pretty meh. How often do you do ability checks, after all? Now, skill checks, it could've been worthwile.
>>
>>54270073
It doesn't say "Outsider with the Good subtype", it says "Good Outsider" which commonly refers to the alignment.

I know I'm being a faggot here, but RAW is RAW.
>>
File: Shaska_Cosaca_II.jpg (34KB, 750x517px) Image search: [Google]
Shaska_Cosaca_II.jpg
34KB, 750x517px
In an almost entirely 1pp game, save for some feat adjustments, what would be the "best" to gestalt with a Dex/Int focused tiefling Empiricist Investigator? No specific archetypes in mind for anything, aside from the one.
>Brawler
>Fighter
>Barbarian (Urban)
>Occultist
>>
>>54270073
Aasimar counts as Outsider (native), and the only stipulation here is "Good Outsider".
>>
>>54270154
Good Outsider is often used interchangeably with "Outsider (Good)" in Pathfinder.
You don't have that subtype.
>>
>>54270168
>Good Outsider is often used interchangeably with "Outsider (Good)" in Pathfinder.
When? RAW, it's clearly saying that it needs to be an Outsider of Good alignment. Anything else is guesswork at best.
>>
>>54270062
Are you saying you would like this for a specific game or just in general?
>>
>>54270118

>Getting cozy with the Hunter's Daughter

Make sure you're both well away from home, might catch a crossbow bolt in your ass otherwise.
>>
>>54270342
Just in general, nobody makes it!
>>
>>54270140
Alchemist is an easy pick for "make what I have better" instead of trying to get your attention going in two different directions.
If you get that discovery that lets allies use your extracts you don't even need to use actions on buffing anyone other than yourself!
>>
>>54270168
>Good Outsider is often used interchangeably with "Outsider (Good)" in Pathfinder.
No. Good outsider implies an outsider with the subtype akin to bane and favored enemy.
>>
>>54269892
Many adventurers are, for all the various things you may call them (like chivalrous, zealous, heroic, brave, avant-garde, a luminary, etc etc etc) COMPLETELY FUCKED IN THE HEAD.

For many it's like being a professional athlete. You just made 5 million this year. You're fucking 21, and you already can retire to a comfy town where life isn't a hectic hellhole and live a very comfortable life and even ensure your kids get a great start in life.

So what do you do?

You keep at it until you're fucking 38 and your body is wrecked beyond all healing. And then you pop some fucking pain pills and do one more year on the rink anyways.
>>
>>54270062
We're gonna have to slice up that face a little if you want her to be a Gray Maiden.
>>
>>54270168
Quick example from the Antipaladin to show you're wrong
>If the target of smite good is an outsider with the good subtype [...]
>>
>>54270345
Worth it!
Hell, I'd accept a crossbow-point wedding.
>>
Is Eliciter any good? What emotions are good?
>>
>>54270438
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/variant-magic-rules/binding-outsiders/
>Only the offer of a bound CR 15 lawful or good outsider
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/angel/
>Angels are a race of celestials, or good outsiders
>Since angels can be of any good alignment, they represent the needs and desires of all three major good outsider races.
Do I need to provide more examples, faggot?
>>
>>54270409
I never make characters like this, they're all typically very grounded individuals who are swept up in the campaign, but once the grand adventure is over they want nothing more than to get in that rocking chair and watch their half-dozen kids grow smart and strong.
>>
>>54270427
What is the initiation ceremony for Grey Maidens, anyway? It's always described as horrific, but I don't have the details on what "horrific" means.
>>
>>54270464
Eliciter is basically hypnoboobs the class, don't use it in games where a lot of things are immune to Mind-Affecting.
>>
>>54270438
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/npc-14/angel-slayer-half-orc-ranger-15/
>+1 good outsider–bane orc double axe
>Special Attacks favored enemy (elves +2, good outsiders +8, humans +2, magical beasts +2)
By your shit logic, all this applies against Aasimar.
>>
>>54270493
Scarring, torture, mind-breaking. All that fun stuff.
>>
>>54270140
Depends on the Tiefling's flavor, Occultist and Alchemist fit for a Constantine-style private dick, but Slayer is godly for anything with a fightan focus.
>>
>>54270438
From your own fucking Antipaladin example:
>Whenever he uses smite good and successfully strikes an good outsider, the outsider is also subject to a banishment, using his antipaladin level as the caster level (his weapon and unholy symbol automatically count as objects that the subject hates). After the banishment effect and the damage from the attack is resolved, the smite immediately ends. In addition, whenever he channels negative energy or uses touch of corruption to damage a creature, he deals the maximum possible amount.
This ability makes absolutely no sense if it applies to native outsiders.
>>
>>54270480
I usually go for a mix. I imagine you have to be some kind of strange to get stabbed in the chest, take a CLW potion, then go right back for more, but that doesn't mean you don't want to retire.
>>
>>54270493
The person who created the Grey Maidens was a sadistic lesbian psychopath, anon. If she didn't want you, no one else could have you.

The way she announced her request for a champion was to shove the blade of her new artifact sword up the snatch of her least favorite concubine and tell the rest of her harem that whoever returned the sword to her was her new champion.

That was her on a GOOD day.
>>
>>54270573
That was the Runelord of Lust, anon. Not the Queen.

Though you're right she's a sociopathic bitch.
>>
>>54270573
Mixing up Sorshen and Illeosa mate.
>>
>>54270602
>>54270618
My bad - I mixed them up due to not actually reading the Shards of Sin adventure path.
>>
File: Chirico-Flamer.jpg (30KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
Chirico-Flamer.jpg
30KB, 325x244px
>>54270480
It's not like grounded individuals are ultra-rare, but there's a lot of adrenaline-junkies or must-crusade-for-thing types out there, just like in real life.

So it's not surprising that 'adventuring' is what such folks might do. There's no modern international charities, but there ARE people being attacked by orcs. There's no F-1 racing, but there IS chasing fucking dragons down. There's plenty of people who just want to go home, but there's also a big number for whom the mid-life realization is that they're only truly happy on the battlefield.

Like this guy here.
>>
>>54270494
Isn't there stuff in the Mind book to let you affect immune stuff?
>>
Quick question for you all:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?472513-Dreamscarred-Press-Psionics-Augmented-Occult

I know Empath Medium, Avant Guard/Gambler Kineticist, and Shattered Mind Occultist have been released, along with Living Legend Soulknife and Host of Heroes Aegis.

My question is, has anything ELSE from this playtest been released in an actual PDF? I'm working on compiling a great big document of ALL DSP stuff to make navigating it easier for myself.
>>
>>54270626
Well Illeosa was sitting on Sorshen's runewell for a while, it's a third of what made her crazy. The other two thirds being a salty bitch by nature and having a dead evil dragon whisper in her head.
>>
>>54270697
That dead evil dragon really shouldn't have been able to influence her, the ego score on the crown is GARBAGE and she's like lvl 18.
>>
>>54270635
But anon... Adventuring was, historically, an activity more than a lifestyle. Vikings were adventurers, the mercenaries for title claimants for princes and dukes are adventurers - in fact, the most successful adventurers of the Middle Ages were the Normans.
>>
>>54270368
That was my first thought, but Alchemist with Investigator seemed sort of redundant, since any Investigator would suck up the Infusion tax at 3rd anyway, and it didn't seem like it would help much with the Investigator's desperate need for something to prop it up from all the taxes for 1-5th level.

>>54270521
>Slayer and Investigator
>yo bro hold still imma study you while I study you
>>
>>54270712
Not influencing her anymore. She wasn't always level 18.
>>
>>54270712
She's like level 2 at the game's start.
She had to spend like a few months powerleveling, AND she had to get a devil bound into her to get to that level of power.
>>
>>54270712
Didn't she put on the diadem when she was a horny 17 year old? The dragon wouldn't be able to control her right away, but given enough time he would've filled her with evil thoughts.
>>
Any advice on Void Prophet? Looking over it, it seems to want to hit a lot of enemies to pull them into the collective. Which disciplines lend themselves to Void Prophet? Cursed Razor paired with Eternal Guardian? It feels somewhat defensive.
>>
>>54270672
Yeah there was a book with some Mesmerist stuff?
>>
>>54270672
I'm still eagerly awaiting the full Goetic release, even though it'll probably take forever.
>>
I need some help. There was a feat I found a long time ago that added your flanking bonus to damage, rather than attack. But I can't remember what it was called, can anyone tell me what it is? It's necessary for my ratfolk barbarian to pan out.
>>
AWOOO
>>
>>54270733
How is being a viking not a lifestyle? The cyclical raiding every year?
>>
So what's the deal with the awoo autist?
>>
File: 230.gif (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
230.gif
3MB, 600x338px
>>54270855

Pay it no mind, anon.
>>
>>54270823
I'm not sure... I think it was Mind And Soul that the Mesmerist and Spiritualist stuff came in.
>>
AWOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
What happens to Outsiders when they die, /pfg/?
>>
File: 1497216592851.jpg (147KB, 668x691px) Image search: [Google]
1497216592851.jpg
147KB, 668x691px
>>54270959
Their essence is subsumed back into the plane they came from.

theoretically, that means that with the right trap, one can collect the essence of an outsider and utilize that for your own ends. I believe that's why spells like Trap The Soul work on things like angels and devils.
>>
>>54270959
I believe they return to where they came from and regenerate in a fashion which takes FOREVER, but they can also be destroyed permanently I think?
>>
>>54270480
>I never make characters like this
Neither do I. They get fucked up during the adventures. Granted, most of my characters aren't Pathfinder/D&D, so they don't cap out and retire during the course of a single year of adventuring and open up a bar in the outer planes, but whatever.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (23KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
23KB, 640x368px
>>54270959
>>
>>54270959
Recycled soul stuff.
>>
>>54270959
If they die anywhere that isnt their home plane they re-materialize on it. If they die on their home plane they are absorbed into the plane and eventually recycled back into mortal souls.
>>
>>54270959

If I recall correctly, they get sucked back into their home plane of existence to reform. If they die there, they dissolve into their constituent atoms and remain dead.

Barring industrious casters who have a need for outsider essence and a means to capture it, of course.
>>
>>54271009
forbidden resurrection.jpg
>>
>>54270883
Why is Aya grabbing Momiji's titty?
>>
File: 1499097112049.jpg (622KB, 919x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1499097112049.jpg
622KB, 919x1300px
Shardwalkers is today right?

I want logs! I'm curious what's been happening to those qt3.14s.
>>
>>54270883
Source of gif?
>>
>>54271206
Click â–º and use the iqdb link, dork.
>>
>>54271073
They're large and very soft?
>>
>>54271194
And apparently so is Ensoulment.
Good luck to everyone who got in, by the way.
>>
>>54271206

https://youtu.be/O9udw3r9sGg
>>
File: People dying.jpg (442KB, 517x4786px) Image search: [Google]
People dying.jpg
442KB, 517x4786px
>>54270992
>>
>>54271274
Is it a translation error, or do the Japanese don't know killed is the same as dead?
>>
>>54271194
Well, the group that's tonight got in a bit of a pickle when they fought a necromancer without their blaster present, so now everyone is some sort of cute undead creature on a rickety pirate ship deep in the Black!
>>
>>54271299
As a matter of fact, killed and dead are two different things to them. Dead means not merely killed, but also forgotten and meaningless. You can kill someone, but that doesn't mean they are truly dead.
>>
>>54271299
No, it's a common Japanese expression for a person having lots of spirit and tenacity or being stubborn in a good way.
>>
>>54271299
Doesn't the original quote make sense in-context anyway? Something about how he's living on borrowed time, or he shouldn't be immortal, or something like that.
>>
>>54271299

Something about being so stubbon that a person wouldn't stay dead if you killed them.
>>
>>54271535
Something like that. Fansubs just reduced it down to something idiotically simple.

Not out of character for Shirou, mind, but still rather unflattering.
>>
>>54271535
He's giving Altria back Avalon in that scene, the scabbard of Excalibur which kept him from dying when he was around Altria. He's basically saying it's alright if he dies because of that choice, because he's a fool with no sense of self worth who would gleefully throw himself in the path of a bullet for someone else because a cursed fire that burnt down his town in his youth left him riddled with survivor's guilt.
>>
File: christie.png (285KB, 338x426px) Image search: [Google]
christie.png
285KB, 338x426px
> 4 years ago
> friend joins my PF group
> excellent player, rarely metagames
> every character he creates is god-tier
> takes initiative, always makes campaigns great
> 3 years ago
> announces his engagement to some fat chick we met twice
> she is already pregnant
> on purpose (she wanted kids)
> 2 years ago
> babby born
> friend starts showing up to games less and less
> go to wedding
> 1 year ago
> have excluded him from 3 out of our 4 campaigns
> still keep one monthly game going with a floating time so he can get to play
> he finally gets too busy even for that
> kick friend out of group entirely

I saw him at the FLGS in our city today, he was there buying some Magic cards, though he said he hasn't played in months. Dude looked utterly dead inside, like, making eye contact with him hurt my soul. Asked him about babby, turns out he has another one on the way.

Why do fa/tg/uys do this shit to themselves? Any similar stories?
>>
>>54271650
Women are the bane of freedom, expect her to either ride that paycheck till he dies or she dumps him and he offs himself.
>>
>>54271604
God, the Type-Moon writers are a bunch of hacks.
>>
Please think about your favorite artifacts, and tell us what a strange, flawed version of that artifact would be like!
>>
>>54271650
Desperation drives desperate men to make poor choices regarding where they insert their weenies. Though I don't see how this is in particular something /pgg/ related.
>>
>>54271678
Belt of gender change
But this one only makes you CONVINCED you are the opposite sex
>>
>>54271678
Revelation Quill.
Instead of answering, it just writes "Wouldn't you like to know" or something similarly sassy.
>>
>>54270837
Reroll.
>>
File: 1422179795241.jpg (673KB, 1102x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1422179795241.jpg
673KB, 1102x1600px
>>54271692
>Desperation drives desperate men to make poor choices regarding where they insert their weenies.

>mfw my best friend married an ugly, bland chick because he was 28 and terrified he was going to spend the rest of his life alone

I deeply detest women that are clearly in it for an easy meal - you know the ones, the type that never seem to disagree with their boyfriend, are saccharine sweet with them and always showing signs of affection without ANY time to stand back and reflect on the relationship, and only after he's put a kid in her does she decide to be something more than a "homemaker" (an easy way to say "I stay at home all day, occasionally clean and then play around") who's something more than vapid giggles and easy agreement.

God, dude. You deserve so much better than her, and now he's just isolating himself from his friends and family, collecting guns and dreaming, DREAMING of moving far away from civilization so he can start a community farm...
>>
A W O O
>>
>>54271675
What in the Root did you say about me you little mundane? I'll have you know I earned a sealing designation for my reality marble, which contains over 300 thousand noble phantasms. I am trained in the art of Projection and Reinforcement magecraft, and have copied every treasure kept within the Gate of Babylon. I am an ally of justice, and will save everyone in front of me... excepting YOU, you nancy Dead Apostle BITCH.
>>
File: Morte.jpg (17KB, 200x332px) Image search: [Google]
Morte.jpg
17KB, 200x332px
>>54271678
Skullsoul.
Instead of being an all powerful demilich it just cracks terrible puns, bites at your enemies and occasionally has some adventure advice
>>
File: whatastory.jpg (26KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
whatastory.jpg
26KB, 720x404px
>>54271873
10/10
>>
What sort of character should I apply to Dominions of Vice as?
>>
>>54272031
Gnome Rage Prophet.
>>
>>54271840
>collecting guns and dreaming, DREAMING of moving far away from civilization so he can start a community farm...
That sounds pretty awesome desu.
>>
>>54272031
A massively fat guy who is there because he heard that the deadly heat and travelling across the desert is a good way to lose weight.

>>54272050
Is that the defacto worst combination of class, race and PrC?
>>
>>54272059
It strikes me as paranoid, like he's one of those more extreme sort of preppers that just can't deal with people.

Doesn't help he's starting to grow a huge gross beard like one of those mountain men you see on the Homestead Channel (Discovery Channel.)
>>
>>54271650
Basically what he met was bad news. A controlling bitch who just wanted a combination wallet and dildo. Doesn't take long that his game nights are replaced by HER "need for some time to herself what with the baby" (does she even work? something tells me no).

Him having friends, doing things that don't involve the immediate family (or HER friends and family rather) are "proof he doesn't love her". Constantly implies he's not doing right by her and the kid. Emotional abuse runs rampant in a lot of couples, and in men it's often evidenced by this gradual detachment from any and all societal contact not dictated by the abuser.

It's no different from a battered wife; same kind of "if you really love me/thekids" manipulation, same kind of "I don't want you to..." restrictions...

>>54271662
Two of my friends are married to women that are nothing like that at all. In one case one did have to worry about a baby but we realized the little shitter just sits there with a big dumb smile on its face and watches us play because it's surrounded by people and there's shiny crap being tossed around the table. The other one doesn't do fridays anymore but still does tuesday and saturday nights; the wife watches the kids those nights but has her own game on fridays so they compromised. THOSE are healthy relationships.
>>
>>54272070
Orc Sorcerer/Swash Buckler/Eldrict Knight?
>>
r8 my Iron Waifus meme character concept, /pfg/
>time is starfinder, on absalom station, the character decides to join the church of triune
>for some reason, it doesn't quite meet expectations
>all newly inducted members are being trained in things like "how to use primitive low-tech weapons" or "how to survive without civilisation"
>when inquired WTF, no explanation
>eventually, graduates top of the class with 300 confirmed kills
>high priest approaches her and tells her that this means she is supposed to enforce the fate of the universe
>wtf
>turns out the universe is in a stable time loop where triune only exists because triune sent an agent into the past to ensure the divinity of kasandalee
>the gap is just a by-product of this time loop
>>
>>54272110
It can still hit with a butcher axe.
>>
>>54271716
So, mind-affecting curse or critical headshot effect?
>>
File: useless build.png (363KB, 537x803px) Image search: [Google]
useless build.png
363KB, 537x803px
Stat me, /pfg/.
>>
File: Olgierd.png (2MB, 1024x1723px) Image search: [Google]
Olgierd.png
2MB, 1024x1723px
How would I build this guy without the immortality part?
>>
>>54272224
as a corpse
>>
>>54272236
Assume that this is before Hearts of Stone or after without Geralt selling Olgierd out for a bottle of vodka.
>>
>>54272224
Some sort of ST-focused Warlord or Warder with Black Seraph and Veiled Moon.
>>
>>54272117
>time travel
No.
>>
>>54272294
This.
>>
>>54272214
Elemental Ascetic using Aether in order to become a shitty ninja
>>
How terrible of an idea would it be to start as a Magus Eldritch Archer and go for Technomancer? Thematically, I like the idea, but not gaining new spells, just spells per day..
>>
>>54272366
Magus doesn't play too well into any PrC that doesn't very specifically cater to your build's style. Technomancer is good for spell and tech focused bards, wizards and witches. Sorc and arcanist are a tad too feature bound to really work with techno.
>>
>>54272117
Excellent art, excellent CHARACTER... Awful backstory.
>>
>>54272456
>excellent CHARACTER... Awful backstory.
Don't these two statements contradict each other?
Also, that was pretty much just a very raw ideaspace draft.
I'm currently trying to make something coherent and hopefully decent out of it.
>>
>>54272214
>Elemental Ascetic
>Aether
What?
>>
>>54272577
Not really, the concept of a badass who seems to know more than she shows is good, it being some Starfinder future time travel shenanigans seems... No.
>>
>>54272656
it's a meme you dip
>>
Should I make a Russian conscript blast into Golarion from the events of Reign of Winter for Iron Gods?
>>
>>54272776
Are you trying?
>>
>>54272776
I think this is the fifth time I have seen this "original" idea.
Usually called Ivan and a drunk.
>>
so what would YOU want your forge-souls-into-your-gear-Caster to be able to pull off?
>>
>>54272776
Pray tell why the fuck would Rasputin send people to a planet not only he can't access,
don't know where it is nor care about considering that his plans are entirely based around the First World? And if you are implying that Russia would send one the government knew diddly on what Rasputin was doing because of WW1 but also generally not knowing jack about magic in the first place because Rasputin is an anomaly and so is the entire area where the adventure happens due to magi-tech crap fucking up the connection between the worlds.
>>
Finally! My app for Dominions of Vice is done!

A miniskirt is surprisingly fitting in the desert!
>>
>>54272892
>>54272815
>>54272827
NO SHUT UP IT'S ORIGINAL.
>>
I'm contemplating a ruse app for Iron Gods that's a film noir protagonist from Starfall.

On a scale from 2hu-level optimization to CRB-only Monk, how fucked is the Steel Hound archetype?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/investigator/archetypes/paizo-investigator-archetypes/steel-hound/
>>
>>54272948
Are you the trap, or the "free use" girl that was meme'd?
>>
Would a ranged Alchemist Vivisectionist be a viable thing to do? I get the feeling that Vivisectionist is mostly abused by stacking natural attacks, but I'm considering making a ranged Alchemist with the Tinkerer and Vivisectionist archetypes, to go for a more technologist/engineer/inventor type of character instead of mutagen-chucking bomber.
>>
>>54272976
Trap! Duh!
>>
>>54272977
Vivisectionist gives no support for ranged characters or the concept at all. We all know ranged sneak attack is awful.
>>
>>54272758
It's a pretty shitty meme if people don't know about it desu. Are you even trying?
>>
>>54272994
Your trap is stale! Boy butts are gross!
>>
>>54272969
Just dip gunslinger if it means that much to you.
>>
How big is too big for a Witch?
>>
>>54273085
Colossal might give us pause, but should be fine
>>
>>54272224
Aldori Swordlord
>>
>>54273030
N-no they aren't! I-it's not like you'd be attracted to any traps -I- made, anon!
>>
>>54272976
>"free use" girl
The apps all look male. What did I miss?
>>
File: witch-clipart-bTyoeynTL.gif (4KB, 490x341px) Image search: [Google]
witch-clipart-bTyoeynTL.gif
4KB, 490x341px
>>54273085

Big enough to be unmistakable and add to her height, but not so big that she has to constantly pull it up so she can see.
>>
So in Iron God's what's a good organization to choose for folks who could have stolen my character's daughter. I am thinking maybe my character's wife was barren and he brought an android to the family to soothe his wife's pained heart?
>>
>>54273151
Technic League.
>>
>>54273161
>>54273151
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Having the technic league abduct my android daughter and maybe even killed my wife. Or perhaps have the wife die of some sickness in numeria. My character would be a traveler more than anything and work as a hired gun which is why he was gone for fairly long periods of time.
>>
>>54273085
Proper proportions are key, brah. She can be thicc, but not ludicrously so.
>>
>>54273135
Someone was interested in playing a girl who enjoyed the position of "group slut," a PC that could just be grabbed by anyone and brought into a room or alleyway or against a railing for PMs.
>>
>>54272976
>"free use" girl that was meme'd
That was definitely the GM. This time he simply didn't forget to stop namefagging before he posted.
>>
>>54273135
>the trap doesn't fool anyone

heck
>>
I'm making a DSP SRD because I'm tired of digging through all these goddamn pdfs searching for class options.
>>
>>54273151
Bringing home a fully-grown android that does not age and becomes a mentally fully fledged adult within 2-5 years (when they "feel" like adults) sounds like a fucking odd thing to do.

As to who killed your wife and fucked your dog, Technic League. As much as I'd love to play as a member of the Technic League, they are one of the major antagonists in Iron Gods, and it says so right in the Player's Guide. There's even a Campaign Trait regarding having a hateboner.
>>
awoo
>>
Would a campaign in pathfinder be too Kitchen Sink of mechanics and themes if it included intrigue, guerrilla warfare, espionage, planet hopping, mercantilism, wilderness survival, America-Invades-Fantasyland, super tech, "The far off year of 2002!" future prediction technology, faction warfare and Lovecraftian stuff?
>>
>>54273016
>We all know ranged sneak attack is awful.
That's what I was afraid of, really. I was just hoping there was something I was missing, something that could make it work.

Oh well. Guess it's just Android Tinkerer, then.
>>
>>54273259
The DM wants big burly men in his campaign so they could bone his NPCs?
>>
>>54273410
Don't make me get the squirt bottle.
>>
>>54273437
AWOO
>>
>>54273419
If you go Ninja, ranged sneaks become viable when you get Vanishing Trick+Invisible Blade working.
Not exactly a level 1 strat, though.
>>
>>54273259
That was the Iron Gods Dm that namefagged
>>
>>54273259
Nah, not the GM. I still intend to apply as a qt osirian girl but I need to figure out a class first.
>>
>>54273476
Nah, I'd fucking hate to have to take levels outside of Alchemist that doesn't even contribute to the class features.
>>
>>54268415

Drug addiction should never be used for PnP characters. Addicts care about ONE thing, getting high. EVERYTHING else is an order or magnitude below that, it is not fun, it is not quirky. That someone would even bring the concept forward shows they don't even understand addiction to begin with.
>>
>>54273493
Seducer Witch or Bard would be obvious ones.

Raunchy magical Osirion girl with a sassy cat companion sounds cute!
>>
>>54273625
>bard
Hssssssssss!!! T-there can't be two bards in the same party! There can only be one!
>>
>>54273647

But anon, what if they're ALL bards? Then it can be a musical!
>>
>>54273591
Which is why she would be procuring funds and fluids from Torch for her own addiction?
>>
File: Snowflame02.jpg (57KB, 363x513px) Image search: [Google]
Snowflame02.jpg
57KB, 363x513px
>>54273591

Well, it can be a little fun for a oneshot or something.
>>
>>54273418
That's way too much, please don't do this.
>>
>>54273659
Fine! I claim the singer!

We can be a girl band!
>>
>>54273688
I won't, would never run for /pgg/ anyways. Too many creepy people and people who are on the other side of the planet.
>>
>>54273670

Just don't call it an addiction then.
>>
>>54273647
>The trap is threatened when someone with real tits shows up in the party

Poetry.
>>
>>54273719
>too many creepy people
context?
>>
>>54273741
I'm not threatened! Not at all! Besides, you have no Trapsight or Trapsense, you have no idea if I'm a trap or not!
>>
I'd like to see a full Vigilante party one day. You know, just because.
>>
>>54273744
I've been frequenting /pfg/ for two years now and that's all I need to say about why I think people here can get creepy. Perverted creepy, not potential serial killer creepy.

Though those seem to overlap sometimes
>>
>>54273591
>Drug addiction should never be used for PnP characters.
>it is not fun, it is not quirky.
>That someone would even bring the concept forward shows they don't even understand addiction to begin with.

That you feel that something has to be "fun" or "quirky" as part of your character shows that you don't even understand RPG:s to begin with.

I've played addicts, admittedly not in Pathfinder, and it worked fine, and the only thing they did care about was the next fix, at least until they'd gotten it.

But let's also not pretend like there's not any high-functioning addicts in society. There's tons of alcoholics that manage their alcoholism, even when it's ever-present and when it continuously fuck up their lives, and I know of a moderately successful car salesman that does cocaine daily.

Not every addict is a heroin addict living out of a crack house, supporting their habit by selling their ass. But just to be clear, I've played that last one, too.
>>
>>54273794
Fair enough. I can't exactly blame ya.
>>
>>54273719
>and people who are on the other side of the planet.
I'm pretty sure some of the people in here are not even on the same planet. I'm looking at you, commie.
>>
File: 1497031320303.jpg (25KB, 269x326px) Image search: [Google]
1497031320303.jpg
25KB, 269x326px
>>54273822
>>
New thread

>>54273842
>>54273842
>>54273842
>>54273842
>>54273842
>>
>>54273800

Anon, this an AP. It does not have the structure to support that kind of depth. At best it simply becomes a footnote for the character. Alcoholics are a different story from people addicted to mutation goo. Save your stories about how great an RP'er you are for a board where you have a name. I've heard plenty of nerds say how well they RP'd and then in play they're garbage. You don't need to space your posts out like you're on reddit either.
>>
>>54273767
NO TITS
NO ASS
NO SERVICE
>>
>>54268061
I know this is a little late to the party and outs who I am, but there is a reason you can play a kasatha and not ruin the mystery. They've been living on Golarion for probably millennia. Any of the original colonists are long dead. The grandparents of tribal elders wouldn't even remember the stories of their home world properly. It's not entirely unlike Native Americans; accounts and traditions get perverted or forgotten over generations. The end of book 1 will still have impact.
>>
>>54273908

Seems to be a long standing tradition people spout off about how things fit or don't fit without even knowing the Golarion lore.
>>
>>54273848
>Anon, this an AP. It does not have the structure to support that kind of depth.
That's a completely different issue, and not one I even touched upon. The statement was that drug addiction should never be used for PvP characters and that someone that brings the concept forward does not understand addiction. Both those claims are horseshit.

Now, if the statement would've been that it's a bad idea to bring something like this to a Paizo Adventure Path, well, that's a completely different discussion, and it would've been a statement I'd probably agree with, but also one I wouldn't really have cared about at all.

>Save your stories about how great an RP'er you are for a board where you have a name.
W E W you don't really understand the anonymous format, do you, and immediately project that it's about ego. Damn, you're retarded for real.

>You don't need to space your posts out like you're on reddit either.
>implying you space shit out like that on plebbit
>implying chunky blocks of text are not cancer
kys
>>
>>54268090
>SoP allowed
Hesitant. I like the rest, though.

>space piracy with starfinder's spaceship rules perhaps?
Spaceship rules from Starfinder are going to be shit. Paizo has confirmed it.
>>
>>54268090
Take feat tax away from initiators (or just don't have it at all) and make Spheres use the prebuilt traditions, and I'm sold
>>
>>54273982

What's there to understand about the "anonymous format" you're making claims that something can be done well, anonymously. Those claims are worth nothing
>>
>>54273982

This has to be Disk
>>
>>54274184
it does reek of self-importance
>>
>>54274217
Not all posts dripping with ego and a need to police others are by Disk.

But Disk does have an insatiable need to feed his ego and police others.
>>
>>54274353
i'm not suggesting it to be irrefutable proof, just strong supporting evidence
>>
>>54274119
>hating SoP
>Liking PoW more
nigga you what?
>>
>>54274162
>muh feat tax screeching

kys desu senpai
Thread posts: 378
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.