[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of your characters caught a cold in-game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: Elfsneeze.jpg (48KB, 427x854px) Image search: [Google]
Elfsneeze.jpg
48KB, 427x854px
Not a magical plague or some aberrant disease but just the simple old common cold?

I ask as I'm always trying to work out ways to ground the game in the real world so the players actually start treating it as such and I realise I've never in a game seen a player get the sniffles before which is a common experience for all of us.
>>
File: garbo.png (44KB, 478x504px) Image search: [Google]
garbo.png
44KB, 478x504px
>>54263817
The reason you never see this is because if you're playing DnD or one of it's derivatives, curing the cold instantly is as easy as a level 2 Paladin's Lay on Hands or a level 1 spell slot for Cure Disease from the party caster.
>>
>>54263817
I don't see how this would add AT ALL to a fun experience.
>>
>>54263884
Well it helps to create a more grounded one. Say the players are caught in a rainstorm what incentive do they have to seek shelter? One would be that they might get sick from it.

It also helps naturally create some downtime as a character recovers which is always welcome.
>>
File: 1494711761579.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494711761579.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>54263843
>instantly hijacks a thread about PCs catching a cold to shitpost about D&D

I'd call you a faggot but you'd probably enjoy that.
>>
>>54264131
He's not wrong though.
>>
>>54264298

Because every party has a cleric or Paladin right?

If anything this is a good reason to include more mundane diseases in the game , it would stretch healing magic a little more and still ground things as a cleric heals colds, flus and infections.
>>
File: dire-rat-filth-fever-cards.jpg (52KB, 380x340px) Image search: [Google]
dire-rat-filth-fever-cards.jpg
52KB, 380x340px
>>54263843

Actually, 4e's disease rules were really harsh on that front.

Cure Affliction rituals are not something to use on something as minor as a cold when '100% of targets hit points' is a possible cost from using it if you fuck up. Better to at least try to recover naturally and use it when a disease has progressed far enough that you don't have any choice but medical treatment.

They had a nice progression system rather than just 'X stat damage'. Pic related is a very basic, non-punishing disease.
>>
File: What Am I Reading.gif (1MB, 430x360px) Image search: [Google]
What Am I Reading.gif
1MB, 430x360px
>>54264771
Why does everyone hate 4e when literally everything I hear about it is how it's NOT all the stuff people hate about DnD?
>>
>>54265292
Because most of the stuff you hear that people "hate" about D&D are just whiners taking little things and blowing them out of proportion.

4e is sort of what happens when you try to fix something by listening to nothing but people who hate that thing. You end up with none of the things people actually like about it, and you create something for an audience that doesn't even want it.

For a better approach to how to make D&D better without absolutely gutting it, see 5e.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.