[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get this? I've never played Warhammer before.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 99179999031_UltimatePaintSet01.jpg (58KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99179999031_UltimatePaintSet01.jpg
58KB, 600x620px
Should I get this?
I've never played Warhammer before.
>>
it's more than you need to start.
Like, way more than you need, and you'll probably be overwhelmed.

Start smaller.
>>
>>54260149
How invested are you in painting miniatures? Because that is one hell of an investment.
>>
>>54260149
Did you make the other thread too?

Get a 5 pack of sable model brushes off amazon and some scrubber brushes for drybrushing, then get only the colors you need from either vallejo or a third party retailer that can get you a discount on GW's paints.
>>
File: IMG_4322.jpg (2MB, 3497x3431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4322.jpg
2MB, 3497x3431px
>>54260149
Why in the world would you invest in this if you've never played warhammer before

Even if you're in the deep end of the hobby I can see no benefit of getting this as if you're going to be painting a lot of miniatures (most likely from the same faction) then you won't be using a huge amount of these paints and more so you'll be needing duplicates of base colors instead

>>54260236
this always start small as this hobby is not for everyone
>>
>>54260149
>>54260215

Guys we are being memed.

If anyone reading this is interested in painting 40k minis though, GW has some pretty solid starter kits. $15 gets you six pots of paint (smaller 3ml pots, but enough to paint a few dudes) as well as a brush. $10 will get you a box of easy to build models from a few different armies with between 3 and 5 models inside.

Drop $25 and see if you like painting, and if you do you can move up to full size pots of you can get a paint bundle for a specific army.
>>
>>54260149
No, but you can buy it for me.
>>
>>54260149
just how expensive is this?
>>
>>54264475
700 burger bucks
>>
>>54261714

Alternatively,just buy vallejo
>>
>>54264518
I only Use Vallejo for Metallics, for everything else (especially Washes) Citadel is bretty good
>>
File: 1469145270106.png (52KB, 377x313px) Image search: [Google]
1469145270106.png
52KB, 377x313px
>>54260149
Lmao fuck no, build your own paint set through the reaper site, you will get a much better deal.
>>
>>54260149
Reaper for main paints, GW for technicals/texture/washes (or Army painter washes if you want those instead), Vallejo for metallics
>>
>>54260149
I feel the same way, but about the entire game, paints, terrain, maps, etc.

It's just ehh...
>>
>>54265406
>build your own paint set
this is good advice
>through the reaper site
this really isn't
>>
Can you use regular water based acrylic paints? Like what an artist might have? What if I'm literally an artist and can mix colors like a boss?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.