[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 42

File: Orcs and Goblins 4th edition.png (2MB, 1066x913px) Image search: [Google]
Orcs and Goblins 4th edition.png
2MB, 1066x913px
Some one give me the TLDR on the argument in the last thread edition.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: https://mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
https://pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread: >>54235300
>>
>>54259835
Here is the TL;DR

Anti-Chaaosfags are unbelievably shameless liars.

>>54259805
v
>>54259844
>>54259850
>>
File: 1479408248209.png (196KB, 320x303px) Image search: [Google]
1479408248209.png
196KB, 320x303px
>>54259883

Thanks, I think.
>>
>>54259835
tl;dr carnacposting and people getting baited
>>
>>54259969
>carnacposting

You mean people we know their fluff. What happened in that thread is inexcusable. How can people live with themselves if they are that dishonest about a game about plastic goblins?
>>
>>54259997
It hurts me because by now this place should be a solid core of people who loved WHFB, but many still refuse to see basic truths of the setting like that Chaos will inevitably win.
People will call me a Chaosfag for saying despite my favorite army being High Elves.
>>
File: Rulebook 4th edition.png (2MB, 732x913px) Image search: [Google]
Rulebook 4th edition.png
2MB, 732x913px
>>54259969
>>54259997

Don't make me fucking turn this thread around.
>>
File: 1499032974381.png (14KB, 307x156px) Image search: [Google]
1499032974381.png
14KB, 307x156px
>>54259997
>>54260034

And now they're back to ruin this thread too with their Chaoswank headcanon.

Fun while it lasted, boys.
>>
>>54260034
I like the idea of there being a chance for the not-chaos ending, however slim and whichever other faction wins, because that is what makes their struggles more than pointlessly postponing the inevitable. It's grim/dark fantasy not despair fantasy imo, but at the end of the day that's just how I look at it personally.
>>
File: 1487000052508.jpg (1MB, 1077x1815px) Image search: [Google]
1487000052508.jpg
1MB, 1077x1815px
Voted coolest guy not to get to do anything for another year running!
>>
>>54260100
I'm not here to ruin anything, merely correct untruths.

>>54260139
I'm fond of the unwinnable war. Struggling isn't pointless because it buys more time, but ultimately everything gives way to entropy.
>>
File: 1496345263716.gif (1MB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
1496345263716.gif
1MB, 500x268px
>>54260100
>headcanon

You more actual fluff that disprove your lies.

Let me make an impression of you.

>MUH WEEDIES THEY ARE IN THERE IN DA WEEDEES

Spoiler warning they weren't in any White Dwarfs. The guy intentionally used some guy's rejected fanfiction and tried to pass it as fluff.

>>54260034
I know that feel, brah
>>
>>54260155
He's getting an entire AoS faction based on him if it's any consolation.
>>
>>54260155
That's some strange Henrich Kemmler you have here...
>>
File: 1491758205825.jpg (11KB, 255x253px) Image search: [Google]
1491758205825.jpg
11KB, 255x253px
>>54260139

It was there to inspire heroism and the players to do epic shit. Like where the Combine are destined to dominate Earth and win, or the Archdemon was destined to overrun the world with Darkspawn.

Not only was it a single brief passage in a single book designed to inspire players to change the fate of a world via epic and dark adventure, it was also a passage forgotten and moved on from by Games Workshop. In those days Warhammer Fantasy barely had any fluff at all. WHFRP 1E was really the first true look into the deeper history of the Old World, its people, and its workings. There are other passages too which contradict each other or newer works and passages that have also been abandoned.

It was turned into a prophecy in the Everchosen book that Archaon discovered which drove him mad and convinced him wholeheartedly of Chaos' utter triumph and inevitable victory, and he sought to herald it. If the world was to be destroyed, he wanted to live in its wake with the victors as a demigod in his own right.

Of course, he failed.

It was an interesting passage, one first designed to get players interested in a hitherto unknown world, and later a passage in a story of man's own hubris and corruption, how one individual so great in stature and esteem could betray all things good in the world via his own pride and selfishness, and how it ultimately led to his humiliating defeat at the hands of those he once called brethren.

A fittingly poignant tale and a morbid prophecy in a grim world that people overly biased in favor of Chaos took and twisted into something it isn't. A shame, really, but like Archaon they're destined to fail. The End Times may've brought them the power fantasy they wanted, but now Chaos is even weaker in Age of Sigmar, though of course neither that nor the End Times is lore here, fortunately.

Like Archaon they've lost in the end.
>>
>>54260198
Considering they've managed to ruin dwarfs TWICE with Fyreslaeyirs and the tophat meme faggots, I'm not getting my hopes up.
>>
>>54260198
>Dark Eldars
>based on him
Hi shill
>>
>>54260259
>it was also a passage forgotten and moved on from by Games Workshop.

Nope it was repeated throughout the edtions, before and after Archaon was created.
>>
>>54260323
>>54260259
Damn, that asshole is still on it despite getting BTFO last thread?
>>
File: Ratling_Guns.png (166KB, 251x380px) Image search: [Google]
Ratling_Guns.png
166KB, 251x380px
Ignore Carnac's posts.

Anyone else excited for muh mice machine guns in TW2?
>>
>>54260314
Fyreslayers aren't so bad. I've never been much of a fan of naked dwarfs, but they're basically just slayers and slayers are very warhammer.

>>54260321
?
I heard there was going to be Deep Elves in Age of Sigmar, are they going to be 40k instead?
>>
>>54260362
>ignore the side of truth and justice

FIFY
>>
>>54260384

ok chrischan
>>
>>54260383
>Fyreslayers aren't so bad
>?
>guys I am not shilling here
>>
>>54260362
Speak for yourself anon, we've got weeks and weeks of ARG nonsense before they finally show them
>>
>>54260602
What? Fyreslayers are pretty much just an army of slayers. While not to my personal tastes I think they're warhammery enough.
>>
>>54260362
Ratling guns, best pun in the setting. Itsadotyl, Thorskins Isle, fuck all that. Ratling guns.
>>54259444
>guy claims it came from WD
>source bro
>guy claims it caim from unpublished fanwank
>does not question

Keep drinking that Koolaid, bra.

>>54260383
>AoS in a WFB Thread
That being said, the Fyreslayer models were abjectly horrible.

Alright, with all this canon bitching, here's a question for you all -

What is the biggest departure from Warhammer lore that you've used in your games?
>>
File: bretonnian grail pilgrim skaven.png (363KB, 311x397px) Image search: [Google]
bretonnian grail pilgrim skaven.png
363KB, 311x397px
>>54260362
Actually, yes. For some reason I've been loving the idea of Skaven vs. Bretonnia shenanigans for a while now, and the idea of machineguns chattering and taking down dozens of peasants while knights make desperate charges into lines of stormvermin fills me with a sort of joy.

I really hope they find a way to handle the way they're supposed to be able to threaten almost any faction and any time - maybe something like the Waaagh system where you get armies built once you get enough...Skaven-ness, but near certain cities. I hope that they start doing more with agents than they already are, having Skaven agents ruining buildings and using warpstone to poison the water and cause rebellions or something. I hope that with the whole addition of TW:W2, we get the setting amping up in scale and having more factions clashing over a wider area.

My main fear is that they'll include some of the shittier units the Skaven started to field towards the end. Like the Stormfiend. I cannot get over that thing.
>>
>>54260654
>>guy claims it caim from unpublished fanwank
>>does not question

You can readily find it on the internet.
>http://verrahrubicon.free.fr/documents/WFRP_Realm_of_Divine_Magic.pdf
>>
>>54260654
>>54260662

I was thinking something to represent the Skaven ability to infiltrate the undergrounds of cities and towns and even in caves and mountains. Maybe have the Skaven able to have settlements underneath other settlements, and when their power gets to a certain level, like the Waaagh system, you can try to overtake the surface from underneath its owner, but they can also try to attack you if you're discovered.

Probably be a bitch to implement but it'd be nice seeing a seemingly hostile and fortified land overworld, but then see all your rat hordes underneath it.
>>
>>54260654
The guy claiming it was from the WD is shifty cunt that dodged any attempt to source his material even when given a link that was every old WD ever posted.

The guy who said it was from unpublished fanfiction was right. I didn't take his word on its own merit. I googled the source and got informstion on it. Downloaded it and reada what's in it.

The only fuck who is drinking the koolaid is you because you didn't question anything those anons said and is perfectly okay with supporting lies. You are the reason why the real world is in such a mess, you SHEEP!
>>
>>54260362
not particularly

Skryre was my least favorite of the clans. I do look forward to killing lodse rats tho.
>>
File: 1490672028176.png (356KB, 888x469px) Image search: [Google]
1490672028176.png
356KB, 888x469px
>>54260651
>Fyreslayers are pretty much just an army of slayers.
You have to go back with your homo friends
>, but they're basically just slayers
>no Slayer oath
>just slayers

>are very warhammer.
>picrelated
>very warhammer
>>
>>54260695
I'm not arguing that it wasn't in there - but he doesn't question the notion that it was the first time that idea popped up. To be fair, it's a hard point to prove, but the fact that everyone just rolled over and accepted it gives the impression that it was just one guy talking to himself.
>>
>>54260738
A lot of his posts do reek of samefagging.
>>
>>54260738
So you throwing assumptions around like a total wanker.

And no it's not hard to prove. The WEEDEE cunt kept spouting source after source. And guess what? None of them contained what he was claiming. So why don't you make like WEEDEEH and disappear.
>>
>>54260714
I know they won't do it, but it'd be cool if they reworked the siege system so that way so that there was a central square to the settlement that was actually a full circle or square, and the Skaven could pour in from the center while your troops were waiting expectantly on the walls, forcing a reverse face and having to fight into your own city rather than defending it from outside attacks. The Skaven still wouldn't have the same leadership bonsues and the areas to take would be spread out somehow so they couldn't win that easily, but it'd still be an interesting twist on the quite frankly droll sieges we have now. I'd rather play Medieval 2 than those.
>>
>>54260737
>>, but they're basically just slayers
>>no Slayer oath
>>just slayers

Half naked dwarfs with crests is pretty slayer like to me. I don't know their fluff, but in aesthetic terms they'd fit in with the Fantasy setting easily enough.
>>
File: 1489918759356.jpg (53KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1489918759356.jpg
53KB, 600x620px
>>54260811
>Half naked dwarfs with crests
>Half naked
>Half
Look closer
>is pretty slayer like to me.
Then go back to your general.
>but in aesthetic terms they'd fit in with the Fantasy setting easily enough.
>AoS player talking about Fantasy aesthetic
>>
>>54260797
honestly this is the only way to do it for them. If even a shred of lore is to be had, skaven do not march in perfect battle lines filled with honor and discipline. They need to find a way to make in balanced so sink hole seieges are a thing.
>>
>>54260857
>Look closer

Looks pretty half-naked to me. Their biggest divergence from slavers is that they have helmets.
>>
>>54260865
Yes, they do. You can't fool me. I played Vermintide and read Headtaker (and other 8 peak novels) The Stormvermin march in perfect battlelines with good discipline accompanied with typical army chants.
>>
>>54260788
>>stop assuming he's talking to the same person you weedee wanker cunt!!!

>only one person from this thread and the last uses this same vocabulary
>>
>>54260857
I don't know - I wouldn't use them as rank and file slayers, but one could be converted to look like a fairly convincing Slayer Lord character.

>>54260695
Link isn't loading for me.

>>54260797
How does TW:W compare to the Gehemisnacht mod for Crusader Kings?
>>
>>54260654
>What is the biggest departure from Warhammer lore that you've used in your games?

Archaon died screaming at Valten's hand.

Valten died by...someone. Not the Skaven. It was blamed on rogue members of the Cult of Sigmar who thought he was a fraud. This may touch off a war.

Be'lakor's annoying bullshit finally got him completely deep sixed by the Four.
>>
>>54260966
There one person and it's me that's using WEEDEE to describe a certain guy from the other thread. This is his name now. The WEEDEE guy. Forever more. Whenever Gods of Law are mentioned I will make sure to remind all of the WEEDEE guy and the fact that Solkan is a lie
>>
>>54260913
>Looks pretty half-naked to me.
>More than 50% of body is open
>half
>>
>>54260947
Storm Vermin, sure. But they're not a good indicator of regular Clanrats or Skaven slaves.
>>
File: WEEDEEH magic.png (77KB, 1887x953px) Image search: [Google]
WEEDEEH magic.png
77KB, 1887x953px
>>54260999
Worked for me.

Try not to inculde the ">" when you highlight the link
>>
>>54261003
>Valten died by...someone. Not the Skaven. It was blamed on rogue members of the Cult of Sigmar who thought he was a fraud. This may touch off a war.

What inspired you to make that change? I was a bit of a fan of the Skaven offing Valten - but I was less of a fan of how obvious it seemed. I went with a double blind in my game - Valten was offed by Ulrican's who made it look like Skaven.
>>
File: skaven dinner table.png (168KB, 379x276px) Image search: [Google]
skaven dinner table.png
168KB, 379x276px
>>54260947
Then youd know the bulk of the army is loads and loads and loads of clan rats. Stormvermin are, just by numbers, rare. The discipline is there but more in the form of directed savagery. They are about as trained as attack dogs, literally brutes that march to a beat. Queek is an incredibly odd case (not just the fact that hes mad and hears souls), but one of the very few skaven to march in front.
Alot of skaven battles are won by 3 things:
1. Black hunger. They literally turn full animal and rip and tear, often each other.
2. Skaven are much more scared of their superiors then they are of the enemy.
3. They had the ambush/trap/sabotage set up long before the battle.

Skaven do not like open field and will use underhanded tactics when ever possible. I love skaven, but cowardice and cheating are deeply ingrained into them.
>>
>>54261089
That's all fine and good but what does Arch-Hammer have to say on this?
>>
>>54261084
Mostly because I found that the plot of the Church-in-Exile in Marienburg and the general discontent of many priests with hardliners like Volkmar or Luthor Huss was wasted.

I thought it'd be interesting to have it seem as if Valten was killed ostensibly by agents of Esmer, with the actual reality not being certain. I figure it would bring tensions to a head regardless.
>>
>>54261060
Still no luck - google is getting the same result. But cheers, I'll check it out another time.

I'm curious though - people arguing it wasn't Tzeentch who locked up Arianka - who do you think it was then?

>>54260857
Is...is that metal M on his belly actually in the flesh, Jaffa style?

>>54260654
The Doomstones were what caused the fall of the Dwarven Civilisation.
>>
>>54261149
Good taste, anon. Fingers crossed your game goes well, because I'd love to hear how that turns out.

What other plothooks do people think were underused or ignored?

For me, it'll always be Constant Drachenfels. One good book, and then dropped for Nagash.
>>
>>54261153
>I'm curious though - people arguing it wasn't Tzeentch who locked up Arianka - who do you think it was then?

Going by what's in the previous thread, according to the anon who knew what he was talking about, she was just some bitch goddess that was trapped in a box. Official GW material did not expand on that at all.
>>
>>54260999
Comparing TW:W to Crusader Kings isn't a fair comparision - one has to somewhat awkwardly split the turn-based civilization side with battle maps and commanding units in a real-time strategy side, while the other focuses solely on the civilization side with far more detail.
>>
>>54261229

Except WD was officially authorized by GW as was the Realms of Divine Magic, even if it was never published officially. It was still authorized.

You're really dead set on degrading and attacking and ignoring the Law Gods though, so I doubt it'll sway you.
>>
>>54261345
Authorised my ass.

>Rolston wrote a complete manuscript for a magic system for Games Workshop to use in their Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay RPG, but they rejected it; Rolston's manuscript thus circulated on the internet for years.[5]

From the author's wiki. Now back to the real question. Why do feel the need to lie?
>>
Why does no one answer MY QUESTIONS, crucial as they are.

I find it fitting that Chaos Gods of Law who are reported by a "reliable" source to be LIES to actually have a lot of lies spun about and for them by their fans/worshippers. It's almost like GW planned for this. Almost.
>>
>>54261229
In WFRP 1ed, it's stated that an unnamed Chaos God locked her in the box. I'm curious - if people don't think it was Tzeentch, who do they think did it?

>>54261262
That's a fair point, but I'm not expecting perfectly unbiased opinions. I'm curious as to which people prefer from a Lore aspect - which feels truer to the heart of Warhammer?

>>54261490
What was your question? It's not like you're namefagging here.
>>
>>54261574
>I'm curious - if people don't think it was Tzeentch, who do they think did it?

The Great Horned Rat for all we know.

>What was your question? It's not like you're namefagging here.

It's just one above the post. Why do anons feel the need to lie about things here?

I mean Ron sent a manuscript he wrote for the RPG to GW. GW read it and then rejected it. Ron then uploaded it to the web. This anon thinks that the rejected manuscript is something authorised by GW and actual canon.

I guess if I sent my fanfiction to GW to the BL's writing contest, and they rejected it means its canon. What kind of logic is that? Damn fanboy logic or anti-fanboy for that matter. Why can't we act like adults?!
>>
>>54260857
Is that his hair, or a plume on the helmet?

And if it is his hair, how the fuck do you get that helmet on? Does that helmet hinge open and closed?

>>54260662
Skaven were the real BBEG of the Old World.

>>54260224
Based necromancer is based. It was weird to see him name dropped in The Dresden Files.

>>54260155
What's the story with the ol' Cthulhu Mask?
>>
>>54261649
>It's just one above the post. Why do anons feel the need to lie about things here? Why won't people answer my question?

Probably because it's got nothing to do with WFB and is really a deeper philosophical argument that doesn't really fit here.

>The Great Horned Rat for all we know.

What's your logic there?
>>
>>54261724
No, it's not philosophical. It's a analysis of a certain subset of the fandom the so called "AntiChaos-fag". This sort is plagued by the need to rewrite history and spin lies to further their wicked agenda. We need to know what motivates them to do this. Why do they hate Chaos this much?

>What's your logic there?

No logic. I just thought it would be funny.
>>
>>54261649

The problem is it's a White Dwarf issue that deals with Tzeentch locking her because he views her as a threat to the Chaos Gods. He deceives her somehow with one of his quintillion just-as-planned plans. To prevent Solkan from rescuing her and to keep Solkan busy so he doesn't just come after Tzeentch personally, he locks her coffin with his magic and dispenses the keys all throughout the Warp. His plan is never elaborated on, though it's speculated he wants to destroy her but can't, or wants to corrupt her. While Solkan goes out for vengeance Malal walks in and decides to use the whole affair for his own gain at the expense of Tzeentch and Solkan, and tries to find a champion to rescue Arianka for some unknown reason.

Say what you want regarding Realms, but White Dwarf WAS canon.
>>
>>54261812
>but White Dwarf WAS canon.

Cite the ISSUE. We have WD collection link with us. Just give the issue number and we can check it. DO ET. DO ET NOW. All we want is the truth.

I am gonna be right back in 30 minutes or more. You better have the issue number by then or ELSE.
>>
>>54261757
First off, it's pretty funny you'd say they're the ones twisting and rewriting history when that's exactly what the Carnac subset does, that or use Age of Sigmar fluff in WHFB discussions, and it's exactly what Geedubs did with TET where they rewrote Storm of Chaos, Archaon, and the Chaos Gods themselves, as well as a good chunk of Old World history.

Secondly, why do people dislike Chaosfags? Gee, I have no idea.

>hey guys chaos is unbeatable and will never lose haha sucks to be you bitches
>lol the world got blown up by chaos and you couldn't do anything isn't that neat huh
>everything of over two decades worth of content was destroyed in around a year by games workshop and their sudden infatuation with chaos
>if you think chaos won't win then you're a bitch headcanoner lol btfo
>hmm a whfb thread where chaos is being discussed better come in and post about belakor and call people degenerate retards for disliking age of sigmar
>chaos rocks and all of your factions suck and lose why even play lol haha chaos is the best

It really makes you wonder just why anyone would dislike a Carnac Chaosfag.
>>
>>54261873
One last post before I take my temporary leave.

1) The question was about Chaos, not Chaosfag.
2) You are spinning lies and fanfiction about oldie lore that's before the ET lore. You got caught doing it numrous time. Just look at the previous thread.
3) You are trying to deflect blame from yourself instead on looking inward and repenting your wicked ways

And off I go. I better get the issue number.
>>
>>54261669
>Based necromancer is based. It was weird to see him name dropped in The Dresden Files.
At least he was named dropped as the single most powerful human spellcaster who wad known to history. I mean he's basically just mentioned in one book and everyone says over and over that he was the absolute worst, including a character who's basically an evil deity of sorts herself.
>>
I don't particularly care about who wins this argument either way, but I sure as shit hope I'm not the one reporting every single post he makes for so obviously willfully attempting to derail every single thread into an argument.
>>
>>54261856

It came from a late eighties comic called The Quest of Kaleb Daark, by Grant & Wagner.

Go suck an egg.
>>
>>54261969
I figured for awhile he was just genuinely arguing, even if he was wrong, and that it didn't deserve mod interaction, but seeing shit like >>54260724 makes it pretty obvious he's trolling, which is something anons have been saying about him for a long time. Hell, I don't even know if Carnac really is one anon or just multiple shitposters playing off the Carnac meme, but it's safe to say it's offtopic shitposting and baiting at this point meant to derail and derail again.
>>
>>54261757
>No logic. I just thought it would be funny.

Welp, it's either Slaanesh or the Horned Rat. WFRP 1ed states she was imprisoned by an unnamed Chaos God - and the only Chaos Gods that were named were Nurgle, Khorne and Malal.

With those out of the running, you're down to Tzeentch, Slaanesh and the Horned Rat - assuming you count him as a Chaos God.

Drop Tzeentch, as these Chaosfags seem want to do, and you've got a coinflip. And the idea of Slaanesh trapping a hottie in a crystal tomb has more than a few weird implications.

>>54261920
My gut says Kemmler will be coming back in later books, assuming we haven't already met him under a different name already.
>>
>>54262024
We went through this last thread. It's reportedly not there. So yeah...
>>
>>54262177
>My gut says Kemmler will be coming back in later books, assuming we haven't already met him under a different name already.
It's possible; Butcher tends to set up shit like that well in advance with foreshadowing.
Kemmler might be well and truly dead though; he's basically just background context for one particular book and isn't really mentioned again after that, unlike say, Drakul, who's been Name-dropped maybe five times in different situations and thus is probably going to show up at some point, if for no other reason then to finally get some details on Kincaid's backstory.

But we're digressing a lot here.
>>
>>54262177
>as these Chaosfags seem want to do

Because there is no GW source that says Tzeentch imprisoned here. The only god that in warhams history went after multiple goddess and put them in various bondages is Nurgle.

>>54261969
Proclaiming reports is a bannable offense.
>>
>>54262024
>>54262255

Yeah, reading through it now - we've got Arianka in the Crystal Tomb, but no reports of Tzeentch putting her there.

>>54262283
>But we're digressing a lot here.

True, but so is the rest of the thread. Also - Justin DuMorne is definitely still around.

>>54262315
>Because there is no GW source that says Tzeentch imprisoned here. The only god that in warhams history went after multiple goddess and put them in various bondages is Nurgle.

Nurgle is out of the running, being a named Chaos God at that point.
>>
>>54262378
>True, but so is the rest of the thread. Also - Justin DuMorne is definitely still around.
Well that's not so much a guess as much as it is tacitly confirmed after Ghost Story; they outright said that there had to be more to his death then what Harry was seeing at the time because there's kind of no way the entire thing would have worked out the way Harry remembers it happening unless it was planned the way somehow.
So even if he's dead then him dying was a part of SOMEONE'S ong-term plan.
>>
>>54262378
>Yeah, reading through it now - we've got Arianka in the Crystal Tomb, but no reports of Tzeentch putting her there.

See? This is what I am telling you. In the Anti-Chaosfag community lies are more important than the truth.
>>
>>54262406
And Butcher flat out confirmed it with his D-E-D comments.

>>54260654
>What is the biggest departure from Warhammer lore that you've used in your games?

Biggest departure is having Boris Todbringer running the show after Karl bites it in the Storm of Chaos.
>>
>>54260654

Oh also - no gods. At all. Everyone still worships/believes, but it's just the Realm of Chaos manifesting itself influenced by those beliefs. This includes the Chaos Gods.
>>
>>54261574
That's a little difficult to answer, since each game only focuses on certain parts of the lore...I'd argue Gehemisnacht on how things work politically, the series of nobles and generals that make up the various factions, and even the scale of the area that it covers to some degree (TW:W I noticed made some changes to parts of Bretonnia and other areas to make for more fun gameplay or suchlike). Overall it is truer to the lore just because it doesn't have to break from it as much.

T:WW has some pretty good voiceacting, with Empire characters calling on a variety of deities (ignore for a moment how Bret peasants say 'god help us'), fun lines from retreating troops, etc. You get a vague sense through bits of fluffy text with technology and buildings and events how elements of the setting work which I find fascinating in some cases. But it makes more sacrifices for the sake of gamplay - Heinrich Kemmler is far away from the Grey Mountains he's supposed to be roaming, Azhag the Slaughterer is all the way in the Badlands instead of the Troll Country he's supposed to start in as far the lore goes. As Bretonnia you can pit Leoun against the Fay Enchantress (it hasn't literally happened to me, but Carcassone declares war a few times to no effect for some reason), and several of its dukedoms are oddly absorbed into others. The Moot is not an independent province, the Border Princes, Tilea and Estalia are each unified countries when in the lore they're gaggles of city-states and petty kingdoms. One of the first things you do in the Orc campaign is fuck over Gorfang Rotgut, a canon character - which isn't exactly lorebreaking since all characters eventually do that, but it is kind of like starting off an Empire game by bashing in Boris Todbringer's head.
>>
>>54260654

Pretty tame actually. I used Boris in one quest where the players meet him hunting Khazrak after the Storm of Chaos which I guess contradicts him and the Panthers running down and killing off the rest of Archaon's army. I also include the Gods of Law and Malal in my games, but again I don't know if that necessarily contradicts lore or not.

Besides ignoring everything about the End Times, which is Warhammer lore (but not Fantasy lore), I keep things pretty close.
>>
File: karlocopter.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
karlocopter.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Reminder to gas chaos.
>>
File: 364360_20170711180144_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
364360_20170711180144_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>54263676
science gone too far
>>
File: state troops 7.jpg (627KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
state troops 7.jpg
627KB, 1920x1080px
>>54263697
not far enough.
>>
>"I ain't no chieftain's son" starts playing
>>
File: let me tell you about chaos.jpg (1MB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
let me tell you about chaos.jpg
1MB, 1920x2160px
>>54263714
>>
>nyun nyun chaos wins lol
>no it doesn't!

Shut up faggots. Game's dead, headcanon reigns supreme now.

Hence you're both wrong

Also
>chaos achieving anything
>its prophecies not being self-fulfilling lies that somethime happen because soneone is idiot enough to believe them
>taking anything said or shown by creatures made of pure evil and deceit as true
Ok
>>
>>54264070
The game and setting aren't dead, you jackass. GW is making a new warhammer RPG game.

And the issue wasn't about Chaos winning or not. It was about facts. We had more than one moron claim something and say it's total canon but when question about they went into the defensive and lied through their teeth until their lies were exposed. The WEEDEEH guy was the worse of them.
>>
>>54264097
>GW is making a new warhammer RPG game.
Not GW but Cubicle 7.
>>
>>54264163
Semantics.
It's licensed by GW.
>>
File: 20170711111410_1.jpg (414KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170711111410_1.jpg
414KB, 1920x1080px
THANES A CUTE

A CUTE!
>>
>>54264179
GW is not releasing any more content about the game. There is no more official fluff, nor official rules.
The game as is, is dead.
Licensed content like the new WFRPG and Tw:WH are just a use of already-provided content to create something new. Thy're the same thing as reading again a book you already finished

You can make up your own stories in the provided setting, but that is headcanon territory.

You can play the tabletop game or the Rpgs all you like, but until GW starts making Fantasy again, it is frozen in the state it is now, so it's dead
>>
>>54264213
He's not cute. He's manly

Elves are cute
>>
>>54264349
>Implying it's first time
WHFRP comes back from the grave for like, fourth or fifth time?

Anything they put out is as canon as any other WHFRP publication since what... 1991?

>waaaa waaaa much ded gaem

kys
>>
>>54261197
Appreciated. As far as Drachenfels goes, I think he got back-burnered because of his close association with a character GW didn't own.
>>
>>54264419
You mean good aligned vampire mary sue?

still better than old star wars novels
>>
File: 20170711111212_1.jpg (413KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170711111212_1.jpg
413KB, 1920x1080px
>>54264361
UNDERWAY A CUTE
CUTE!
>>
>>54264448
Just so.

It's hilarious to me that the best Genevieve novel (Beasts in Velvet) is the one she basically isn't in.
>>
File: Dude 3.jpg (47KB, 592x320px) Image search: [Google]
Dude 3.jpg
47KB, 592x320px
>>54264097
>It was about facts.
>Grown men playing pretend with miniatures about elves, dragons, barbarians, and wizards
>The concept of "canon" is retarded to begin with
>the claim to cannonicity when the IP is no longer supported by the owner even if we ignore that canon is bullshit
>facts

That's not a fact, that's play-pretend-scnario with your grown-up-toys. Granted, I fucking LOVE play-pretend-scenarios with my grown-up-toys, that's why I'm in this thread, but don't get up your own ass with the story you're playing pretend with that you start calling it "facts." That's a bit fucking much.
>>
File: images(20).jpg (5KB, 176x286px) Image search: [Google]
images(20).jpg
5KB, 176x286px
So what exactly do we know about Katarina the Bloody beyond the fact that:

-She was a Lahmian (?)
-Gabriella and Genevieve knew her
-She ruled Kislev openly
-Her grandchildren slew her..so they could inherit.
-She was a brutal despot
>>
>>54265085
>Katarina the Bloody

She sounds like...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_the_Great
>>
>>54264349
Good. GW can't ruin it any more, then.
>>
>>54265067
I can't bother with your post. Regardless of the state of settings. Anons like to discuss their lore and when somebody gets something wrong this bad, he deserves to be called on it.
>>
>>54265138
merely saying "maybe chaos will always win no matter what wank comes either from unreliable narrators in books specifically designed to get people pumped about chaos, or from End-Times material that everybody here hates and ignores anyway, so shouldn't be taken that seriously" is "getting something wrong this bad?"

Maybe stop snorting adderall and calm down.
>>
>>54260662
>My main fear is that they'll include some of the shittier units the Skaven started to field towards the end. Like the Stormfiend. I cannot get over that thing.

They included demigryphs, they will absolutely include stormfiends.
>>
>>54265138

Of course! You are such a noble crusader of truth, and not a cringy as fuck at all.

Fluff is factual, it's real in my head!
>>
>>54265181
You are a special kind of dumb. The issue here is someone claimed something and cited a several oldie sources. He acted like real dick about it. Through investigation, turns out that none of his sources had what he claimed. Turns out he is a lying git. He got called out on it. Now onwards we shall know him as the WEEDEEH guy.
>>
>>54265209
See
>>54265214

Indeed I am.

Anon in the previous thread went wild with claiming that Tzeentch was kidnapped some goddess of Law and then raped her and stuck her in a box. It wasn't even in this thread. Anons here kept claiming it for maybe months I reckon. Turns out its all big bucket of shit. I suspect this guy specifically is responsible for it >>54265181

If I and another kind anon didn't interfere, you guys would have parrot wrong information until you believed its true which already happened I suspect.

Rape accusations are a bad thing, you know.
>>
>>54265214
Yeah, i saw it too! He act all proud and gaudy in the next thread with shit nobody care about. Real dick, this one.
>>
>>54261003
>>54261084
>>54261149
I thought it was obvious that Valten was killed by Todbringer and Esmer.
>>
>>54265235
I see! So, Then, what is a real truth of the Warhammer Setting? How it will change our world, our day-to-day life?
>>
>>54265235
Also I want to point to this >>54259883 which anon ">>54265181" is responsible for (he might true to deny it). He lied to our faces despite us having the source at hand. The gall on the guy.

Then you have this guy ">>54261812"
who kept yammering about a White Dwarf issue for like a DOZEN threads. Turns out he is full of shit too. Everything he said was just his imagination. Follow the reply chain.

From all of this you must realize that you need to be fact checked. The WEEDEEH guy and THAT certain person might strike again.
>>
>>54265235
>Anon in the previous thread
Well all I've seen in this thread is one blob of people (or perhaps one person) going
>Kayoss always wins. Everything else is not real warhammer
and another blob of people (or again, perhaps one person) calling them out on their autistic bullshit.

I'm not going to read through archived threads on your behalf. It's on you to prove you're not being a shitty chaoswankfag who's just trying to claim that your headcanon is superior to everyone else's
>>
File: 76.jpg (27KB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
76.jpg
27KB, 245x246px
Isn't it great when you open the 9th Age rules for the first time and you're greeted with an entire page on model scales and abstractions in wargaming? Truly riveting.
>>
File: lolwut.jpg (15KB, 701x59px) Image search: [Google]
lolwut.jpg
15KB, 701x59px
>>54265260
I literally got here 15 minutes ago, and came just to call "Kayoss always wins" on its bullshit.
>>
>>54265264
Dude, I think you are trolling at the moment. No one is that illiterate.

>>54265254
The truth is what's written down in the books. When anons like this one ">>54265264" starts making WILD claims he needs to be fact checked for the truth. If he said that Orcs were at some point blue or something similar obviously it would raise a few questions. In most cases, anon turns out to be bullshitting. There were never any blue orcs.

Making sure that shitters like the aforementioned anon don't ruin fluff discussion would make all threads a bit much better. Seriously, fuck that guy.
>>
>>54265264
>>54265285
>"Kayoss always wins" on its bullshit.

No one said Chaos always wins, just that it is destined to win in the end.
>>
>>54265279
Why not just skip it if you dont care about it?
>>
>>54265285
You aren't fooling no one. Anyways, I gotta brb for a while. Remember kids don't bullshit and spread your fanfiction as if its the truth. Always fact check and cite your sources. Don't be like THIS ">>54265285", degenerate.
>>
>>54265279
Have you ever read an RPG book?

Every RPG manual ever opens with an explanation of what RPGs are and what fucking dice and shit are.
>>
>>54265293
But... But..!
"Black Orcs are the biggest and strongest of all Orcs, and get their name from their dour, grim demeanour as much as from the colour of their skin, which is extremely dark green or black. "

Extremely dark green or black could be... Similar to blue?
>>
>>54265298
Every faction is "destined to win in the end" according to its own codexwank.>>54265293
>When anons like this one ">>54265264 (You)" starts making WILD
What wild claims? That chaoswank is codexwank and should be taken as suspect?
>>
>>54265308

Yeah but you would have thought they'd have used a more exciting blurb to kick things off.
>>
File: 1418532312637.jpg (25KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
1418532312637.jpg
25KB, 256x197px
>>54265313
>degenerate.
>>
>>54265313
>You aren't fooling no one
fooling anyone that what? That I think chaoswank is just as headcanon as everyone else's headcanon?
>>54265313
>fanfiction as if its the truth
It's all fanfiction, and none of it is truth. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>54261969
If we didn't have arguments we wouldn't have anything to talk about. Only the kind of carebear babies who want everything to be heroic and inoffensive can't handle arguments.
>>
File: 1482463946972.png (636KB, 797x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482463946972.png
636KB, 797x720px
>>54265335
>>
>>54265328
>Every faction is "destined to win in the end" according to its own codexwank.

That's simply not true.
Chaos consistently across editions was the faction said to win in the end.
>>
>>54265328
>Every faction is "destined to win in the end" according to its own codexwank
Please no lies.
>>
>>54265353
Or we can talk about actual games?
>>
Do not reply to chaosposters, gw has enough of the bastards.
They like their pointy Mary Sues they can go play the fruit of their love and its round bases.
>>
>>54265363
Except when the Skaven are destined to win in the end

Except when the great plan of the Old-Ones makes the Lizardmen destined to win in the end

Except when Nagash is destined to win in the end

etc...

Codexwank is codexwank. I'm glad it got you pumped about your faction, but that doesn't make your play-pretend "fact"
>>
>>54265279
Yeah, it would be so much better if there were only four pages of rules so I don't have to read!
>>
Am I right in my assumption that the people who have a problem with Chaos winning in the end are the ones who don't actually play the game but the rpg derivatives?
>>
>>54265460
Wrong, they play the game. It's why Chaos only ever does anything in campaigns thanks to gw meddling instead of their own merits.
>>
>>54265460
Am i right in my assumption that you are just pathetic secondary?
It seems so!
>>
>>54265479
>>54265493
I don't see why it would bother you if you just like playing with toy soldiers, the distant fate of the world has no bearing on the tabletop at all.
>>
>>54265419
Not him. But only Chaos was stated in the fluff to be destined to win. So please no lie.

>>54265347
Nope, there is canon and then is your fanfiction. If it wasn't fanfiction you would have posted sources.

>>54265460
I have that suspicion as well which makes it funny because the RPGS they care about BTFO.
>>
>>54265419
None of that is true though.
Also Skaven are Chaos.
>>
>>54265419
>Codex

Spotted the 40Kfag.
>>
>>54265517
Then why you just cant stop talking about it? Yap-yap-yap-yap, chirp-chirp-chirp-chirp.
Shut up. Apply yourself.

People angry cause in final confrontation their fractions was sidewinded by clear favorite. Whole plotlines was destroyed by "let's scrap it fast".
>>
>>54265561
No one cares about the End Times.
>>
>>54265520
>But only Chaos was stated in the fluff to be destined to win.
This is a part when you bring sources, if you want spin it like that, secondary.
>>
File: Dude 4.gif (676KB, 320x160px) Image search: [Google]
Dude 4.gif
676KB, 320x160px
>>54265520
>If it wasn't fanfiction you would have posted sources.

Sources? This isn't journalism. This is grown men writing their stories about their action-figures fighting each other.
>>
>>54265561
>Then why you just cant stop talking about it?

Not him, but because people keep getting it wrong. If people kept referring to Orcs as yellow that fact that they were green would be consistently brought up too.
>>
>>54265561
Fantasy
>doesn't support the hobby
>shocked when hobby goes away

>support the hobby
>hobby thrives and becomes better
>>
>>54265584
>This is a part when you bring sources

Actually you have to bring the sources if you intend to say that other factions were destined to win.
>>
>>54265580
It made chaoswaknfags more insuferable because they felt like they had been vindicated for taking their edgelord power-fantasy so seriously. THAT is the problem with end-times.
>>
>>54265589
It's a fluff discussion. You don't get to pass you fiction as canon.

>>54265584
>The physical and spiritual corruption of the races engineered by the Old Slann will ultimately destroy them. Even creatures created by the forces of Chaos are doomed to extinction. For, with Chaos' final triumph, all life will decay into a seething mass of protoplasm in which lost and screaming souls float helplessly, enduring the forms thrust upon them by the uncaring gods of Chaos. But the victory of Chaos, although certain, may be delayed - for Lawful and other non-Chaotic void creatures will strive to protect their own identities and ideals. With the victory of Chaos, they too will be swept back into the voids to rejoin the identities from which they were created as the gateways fell.

-WFRP 1st edition p. 268
>>
>>54265580
Than nobody cares about some imaginary would-be chaos victory in future.
It's IC 2519 for all i care.
>>
>>54265627
Exactly, why care at all?
>>
>>54265625
>WFRP 1st edition

Outdated, non-canon. Little liar. Nice fantasy you have here.
>>
>>54265624
>It made chaoswaknfags more insuferable because it turns out they weren't chaoswankfags they were just people who had read the fluff and been proven right
>>
File: 1437319023407.jpg (9KB, 296x299px) Image search: [Google]
1437319023407.jpg
9KB, 296x299px
>>54265625
>You don't get to pass you fiction as canon.
and neither does manlet chaoswank.

By virtue of playing 9th age, or a previous edition, we're all playing in an environment where "end times" isn't "canon" (for whatever that means anymore.)
>>
>>54265645
Nope, we are discussing old lore and showing that from the start of the setting Chaos was stated to be the faction destined to win.

Please provide sources for your position now.
>>
> This thread.
>>
>>54265632
Chaosshitters keep saying the game is their designated shitting street and the lore their water bottle they use to clean themselves with.
>>
>>54265645
So if an old source doesn't do, and presumably the latest source, the End Times, doesn't do, where is your Goldilocks zone?

>>54265651
>we're all playing in an environment where "end times" isn't "canon

End Times is canon, you can ignore it or play before it but that's fanfiction and not canon.
>>
>>54265651
Chaos lore is canon though.

9th ED is some fan project that doesn't belong here. And previous edition is what we are discussing now. By the still no sources from your part.
>>
>>54265671
>end times is canon
>Malekith was the true king all along
>Asuryan is an old one
>lady in the lake is just some elf bitch that lives up to the bitch part too well
>Ghelt is a niggermancer
>"grimgor was going to kick Archun again but he was too smart and teleported behind him and cut off his head with a 'nothin personel kid'"
So this is how chaosfags like things.
>>
>>54265701
End Times is canon.
All you did was give a list of reason for why you don't like End Times, and the list isn't accurate by the by, but that fact you don't like something doesn't render it non canon.
>>
>>54265701
>Asuryan is an old one

The Elven Pantheon =/= Old Ones

>Ghelt is a niggermancer

Wat?

>>"grimgor was going to kick Archun again but he was too smart and teleported behind him and cut off his head with a 'nothin personel kid'"

No teleportation. Grimgor's axe was broken by the Slayer of Kings leaving him open to be beheaded.
>>
File: 1412881668532.jpg (22KB, 358x392px) Image search: [Google]
1412881668532.jpg
22KB, 358x392px
>>54265673
>9th ED is some fan project that doesn't belong here.
>>54259835
>The 9th Age
>http://www.the-ninth-age.com
>>54265671
>End Times is canon, you can ignore it or go to >>54249345
FTFY

If you're so obsessed with canon that you can't enjoy a game without it, then go to the general of the game that's still canon.
>>
>>54265671
But AoS is the latest source. Think about it, for a bit.
>>
>>54265701
>Malekith was the true king all along

It's true for a while.
>>
>>54265737
>If you're so obsessed with canon that you can't enjoy a game without it

That's wrong though. I just recognize what is and is not canon. If someone egregiously claims something non-canon to be canon they must be challenged.

>>54265741
Well if you want to use AoS as a source then the Fantasy World was already destroyed, thus Chaos already fulfilled its destiny.
>>
File: 1434448258382.gif (2MB, 448x352px) Image search: [Google]
1434448258382.gif
2MB, 448x352px
>>54265723
What does make something canon then? Do you really consider merchandising royalty righs and stockholder interest more legitimate than the consensus of the fans that brought the setting to life?

Really?

That's actually sort of sad. I genuinely feel for your autism... and like... not in the meme sense, but in the "that really must suck bro" sense.
>>
>>54265773
How world destroyed if every fucking big name still alive? They can't even destroy imperial culture, or civilisation. They just burn whole bunch of earth and rocks.
>>
>>54265786
>What does make something canon then?

The owner publishing or otherwise declaring something.

>Do you really consider merchandising royalty righs and stockholder interest more legitimate than the consensus of the fans that brought the setting to life?

Absolutely. Fans never reach a consensus and that is why an arbitrator is needed.

>>54265798
>How world destroyed if every fucking big name still alive?

Some people survived, but that doesn't change that the world was destroyed.

>They just burn whole bunch of earth and rocks.

In that they destroyed the world, yes. If Europe was bombed to below sea level by mega bombs and the only survivors where some European holiday makers in America it would be fair to say that Europe was destroyed.
>>
>>54265826
Some? All of the souls are still here.
So, chaos gods are some glorified entrophy, that is burn down the house,everyone move in new house, much bigger and brighter. Chaos become weaker after destroying some fucking dirt.
That is some powerful destiny.
>>
>>54265353
It's a boring fucking argument is the actual problem?
Can't you at least be interesting when you argue? Or argue ABOUT something interesting?
>>
>>54265856
>Some? All of the souls are still here.

That's not true.

>That is some powerful destiny.

Twist it however you want, I don't actually care about how strong Chaos is, do you still not get that? Chaos was destined to destroy the Fantasy world and it did that, that's not me playing favorites with Chaos, that's simply canon.

It's not destined to destroy the AoS world as far as I know, though I'm no AoS buff.
>>
>>54265856
>Some? All of the souls are still here.

No, the first WD about AoS says only a minority of folks survived. For every soul that survived, thousands were forever consumed by Chaos.

Also since then Chaos has consumed several realities making obscenely powerful. L2lore.

>everyone move in new house, much bigger and brighter.

Then Chaos moved in the new house and chased everyone into the attic and locked it up. This is what people call the Age of Chaos in AoS.
>>
File: 1435021138347.png (290KB, 468x392px) Image search: [Google]
1435021138347.png
290KB, 468x392px
>>54265786
>Do you really consider merchandising royalty righs and stockholder interest more legitimate than the cons
>>54265826
>What does make something canon then?
>The owner publishing or otherwise declaring something.
So yes? That's genuinely sad. Don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on this issue. Merchandizing rights has nothing to do with artistic quality or integrity, so it should be largely disregarded.

At the end of the day, I live in a world where star-wars and WHFB are good, while you live in a world where stockholder-interest-calculations somehow forces you to accept floppy-eared cartoon-bunny-minstrels and round bases as "facts" (a word which you keep throwing around like it means something in play-pretend.) My world is awesome, and yours sucks. Maybe you should join us; you'd be a lot happier.
>>
>>54265330
You can always use the full rulebook with art work and stuff.
>>
>>54265884
>That's not true.
I hope you have sources for it.

> Chaos was destined to destroy the Fantasy world and it did that, that's simply canon.

Alright, now what? That's true. But no one really care about GW canon.
>>
It's pretty cool how /tg/ implemented this new system where you get rid of a troll by responding do his posts isn't it? Nifty bit of technical wizardry.
>>
>>54265924
>I hope you have sources for it.

You need a source proving you right first.

>Alright, now what? That's true.

Good, I'm glad you've come to your senses.

>But no one really care about GW canon.

That's fine, now just don't go declaring things canon when they aren't and we'll have no more problems.
>>
>>54265888
>For every soul that survived, thousands were forever consumed by Chaos.
And now Slaanesh, who has whole lot time for digest, still got caught. It seems Nurgle next.

>Also since then Chaos has consumed several realities making obscenely powerful.
You mean Archaon. Archaon are powerful, and chaos gods are scared of him.

>Then Chaos moved in the new house and chased everyone into the attic and locked it up.

And then that guy fucked it up, they can't finish with all that huge momentum, and everything fine again.
>>
>>54265903
>So yes?

Yes. I don't know why you think that just because I know what canon is it means I can't have fun.

Let's use Star Wars as an example.
I recognize that all the movies are canon, but I'm freely able to recognize that the original trilogy is better than the prequel trilogy and Disney's shit. That the prequel trilogy and Disney trilogy are canon doesn't mean I cannot enjoy the original trilogy.

I can also enjoy things that are not canon like the KoTOR games. But I won't say they're canon because they're not.
>>
>>54265975
>And now Slaanesh, who has whole lot time for digest, still got caught. It seems Nurgle next.

Because the other Gods allowed it to happen.

And Nurgle is okay. In the end of Plague Garden he had his fingers burned when he tried to grab a Stormcast who contained the souls of hundreds of Stormcast.

>You mean Archaon. Archaon are powerful, and chaos gods are scared of him.

Archaon conquests feed the Chaos Gods. He honors them and feeds their power. Khorne and Nurgle specifically were said to have grown mighty in the wake of his reality spanning genocides.

>chaos gods are scared of him.

Wrong. The text says that the Chaos Gods just few him as a really annoying nuisance.

>And then that guy fucked it up, they can't finish with all that huge momentum, and everything fine again.

Nope, the Chaos Gods conquered 7/8 of the Mortal Realms and turned them into their own personal paradises. The forces of Order so far only liberated a small portion of the realms and are beginning the long work of rebuilding amd cleansing. Chaos still holds dominion over the majority of the Realms.

You suck at AoS fluff.
>>
>>54265943
I don't think the guy you are responding to can grasp the concept, burden of proof.
>>
>One more post and I'll have him! I'll shut down his arguments so hard that he'll stop posting or even agree with me!
This is what retarded people actually believe.
>>
>>54266041
view him as a really*

The stupid its contiguous!
>>
>>54266049
>We should just stop all discussion forever because people are immutable

What a sad little world you must inhabit. Why are you even here?
>>
>>54266041
>Because the other Gods allowed it to happen.
And when treekins will be tearing new asshole in Nurgle, they will allow it too.

>The text
Then bring me this text.

>You suck at AoS fluff.
Yeah? Thank God.
>>
File: Sigmarines in vidya.jpg (768KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmarines in vidya.jpg
768KB, 1920x1080px
>AoSniggers
BEHOLD YOUR STORMCASTS!
>>
>age of sigmar general's dildo mark 2 is released
>it's the Warhammer fantasy rules, and stats but for their new factions
>still can't get old players back
>new players are disgusted by rules and facings and unit stats that aren't target numbers
>gw is now stuck with 40k as the hobbit is now forgeworld
>>
https://youtu.be/D-8RQCwevAk
>>
>>54266111
>And when treekins will be tearing new asshole in Nurgle, they will allow it too.

The treefolk only liberated a small portion of Ghyran. The rest is still Nurgle's

>the text

">Archaon, Destroyer of Worlds. During the Age of Myth, Archaon waged wars across countless realities. He fought both for and against all four Chaos Gods, desecrating worlds in their name before slaughtering the champions sent to kill him. To the Chaos Gods he was both a powerful asset and a monstrous inconvenience, the very embodiment of Chaos"

Last post about AoS since its not its thread. We should have merged the threads a long time ago.
>>
>>54266154
KHAINE HAS ANSWERED!
>>
>>54266141
>no facemasks

RUINED. RUINED FOREVER.
>>
>>54266085
Minor correction; you're not actually discussing.
One or both of you is legitimately arguing with actual intent to try and sway the other or win the argument as if somehow their arguments carry real weight or even minor significance when posted on an Indonesian Picture Website rather then being the digital equivalent of shouting into a pillow in your bedroom with the door closed and nobody else in the house but you.

Both of you are extremely impassioned arguers, using both semantic arguments, arguments designed purely to incite or annoy the other, rarely stating sources (though you aren't as bad as some are) while engaging in frequent hyperbole, suggesting either a truly atrocious level of debating ability (we're taking below grade-school here) or genuine amounts of strong emotion in this argument, which suggests that you actually care to try and change the other person's mind.

And for the record, people aren't immutable; you just aren't important enough, interesting enough, or relevant enough to change people's minds at this very moment.
>>
>>54266141
They look so much better as WoW it's not even funny.

>>54266158
Merge the threads? Fun, I too want nothing but endless shitflinging between grognards and people that don't even wipe their own ass at age 30.
>>
>>54266158
Nice fanfic. Now bring screenshot, page number, and name of the book, and, of course, photographic evidence of GamesWorkshopâ„¢ Age of Sigmarâ„¢ signs on cover. Pretty please?
>>
>>54266173
I don't know about you but I have swayed people and corrected facts on this board.

Stuff posted here gets put on 1d4chan or outright taken by normies people who spread them far and beyond resulting in memes that are hard to dispel.
>>
>>54266201
You are not worth the effort. I am too tired.
>>
File: 1487759580513.jpg (565KB, 1622x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1487759580513.jpg
565KB, 1622x1058px
>>54265798
>They can't even destroy imperial culture, or civilisation.
>>
>>54265460
Seems unlikely. Chaos always got BTFO by in the campaigns and GW just said that they won automatically anyway. Infuriated people.

And don't act like the RPG fans aren't 'real' fans. It's only them and the Vista players keeping Fantasy alive.
>>
>>54266154
>High Elves only have one type of siege weapon and its a glorified arrow thrower

How do elves siege things then?
>>
>>54266173
>genuine amounts of strong emotion in this argument, which suggests that you actually care to try and change the other person's mind.

Of course there's genuine emotion, I love WHFB and have since I was a child. It has been with me all my life and I care for it. If I didn't care I wouldn't be here arguing about it.

>And for the record, people aren't immutable; you just aren't important enough, interesting enough, or relevant enough to change people's minds at this very moment.

Maybe, but maybe not, and so I will try.
>>
>>54266232
Looks Imperial to me.
>>
>>54265929
Who is the troll here?
>>
>>54266240
They have their women stand outside doing lewd things until the defenders crack from lack of release and surrender.
>>
>>54266225
More like you are a liar. Seems like chaoswank still chaoswank. Third tier army with pathetic fedoracore community.
Are you tired from your own bullshit?
>>
Stop talking AoS in this thread you twats
>>
File: 1491260441123.jpg (240KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491260441123.jpg
240KB, 1920x1080px
>>54266251
>Looks Imperial to me.
Agree.
>>
>>54266253
The Slav!
>>
>>54266254
Anon, we already had that, no fanfiction.
>>
>>54266240
They will have rams, towers and ladders like everyone else, no other artillery.
>>
>>54266210
I don't have a hard time believing what you say is possible, but I have a hard time believing that it's relevant here.
You certainly can sway the arguments if someone with an open or undecided mind, but when a person's mind is already made up (as clearly both of the two anons who have been arguing for two whole threads now have done so) there is very close to nothing you personally can do to change it.
Human beings can deny literally ANYTHING regardless of the logic behind this denial once they've made up their minds on a subject and no amount of argunemts or fact-siting is capable of swaying them no matter how accurate or charismatic the speaker is.

In fact there's plenty of day to day evidence to suggest that a person once confronted with facts about that refute his previous beliefs and statements they reflexively turtle up and shut themselves down to ALL receptiveness on the subject.
>>
Wait.

Lizardmen, at least the Sarus, are robutt-like. They shouldn't break and flee like in the vidya. CA is raping the lore!
>>
>>54266193
>>
>>54266300
Zombies and skellies says hi!
>>
>>54266300
>Lizardmen, at least the Sarus, are robutt-like.

No, they're just very slow.
They could always break and run in Fantasy, they were just harder to do so on account of cold blooded.
>>
>>54266246
>Of course there's genuine emotion, I love WHFB and have since I was a child.
While I understand the attachment, I feel the need to point out that your emotional attachment is clouding your ability to rationally judge how much of an affect you are having here.
Has the other anon come close to breaking down and agreeing with you in the two threads since this started? Even a little?
>Maybe, but maybe not, and so I will try.
No, that particular statement is not a "maybe".
Who are you? In real life I mean? Are you important? Are you wealthy or famous or something? Most importantly do you personally matter on a individual level to this anon you are arguing with?
Because even if any of these things are true you are none of them right now; you are on a board where you are Anonymous, and willingly choose to make yourself a nobody by coming on here.
>>
>>54266340
Ironically it was proven some time ago that dinosaurs weren't actually cold-blooded creatures at all.
>>
>>54266158
>We should have merged the threads a long time ago
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>54266193
Is it KoW head?
>>
>>54266350
>I feel the need to point out that your emotional attachment is clouding your ability to rationally judge how much of an affect you are having here.

No, I feel I'm quite lucid. I recognise that I'm unlikely to convince the man I was having an argument with but I don't think that means an argument should be shied away from. He needed to be challenged.

>willingly choose to make yourself a nobody by coming on here.

Sure, but that doesn't mean I can't be right, and that no one listens to anonymous advice or arguments. Look at how many people /pol/ manages to convert or how memes are spread in general. It's true that I'm an irrelevant nobody, but ideas transcend that.
>>
>>54266362
Well, some of the art and stuff makes a lot of the Lizardmen look not particularly dinosaur-like at least, more like humanoid existing cold-blooded lizards.
>>
>the swagger of dragon princes.

BRETKEKS ETERNALLY BTFO
>>
>>54266424
Well far be it from me to try and dissuade a man who is fully cognizant of how much time he is wasting and chooses to do so anyway.
>>
>>54265798
>if every fucking big name still alive?
Big names alive, while spirit of setting destroyed
>>
>>54266438
They are just copycats after all.
>>
>>54266240
Dragons.

They tried this on Nuln once and got cocky. Then a great cannon exploded a dragon like a meat sausage and sent the fag on his back plummeting to his death as he pissed himself in terror.
>>
>>54266458
Then chaos among the victims too. Whole appeal of WoC turned into Blood-blood-blood.
>>
>>54266513
>empire shoots down dragon fucking shits with 88 mm flak batteries.
based AF

sauce would be appreciated.
>>
>>54266523
It was reward for being SM-players of WHFB
>>
>>54266523
Actually, we got Rotbringers (Nurgle faction/models) and Arcanites (beautiful Tzeentchian faction/models).

What remains to be made is the Slaaneshi faction.
>>
>>54266560
>beautiful Tzeentchian faction/models
You mean bits from TS release?
Also
>2 units+ HQ
>faction
>>
>>54266560
Cult of excess?
It'll just be daemonettes, seekers, and KoS.
>>
>>54266158
For what reason?
>>
>>54266154
>still no army painter
>>
>>54265460
Why would /wfrp/ers care what chaosfags think? We literally play our own game and can influence the setting however our groups want. The roleplayers tend to be the guys who ask weird questions about underwater mining dwarfs and bloodbowl stadium construction.

Speaking of...

>>54265888
>No, the first WD about AoS says only a minority of folks survived. For every soul that survived, thousands were forever consumed by Chaos

Questions for you: what was the popilation of the warhammer world and how did people survive it blowing up?

>>54266238
>Chaos always got BTFO by in the campaigns and GW just said that they won automatically anyway. Infuriated people.

This is true. As a Chaos player I felt ripped off that our defeats weren't really represented. I'd have much preferred seeing my faction beat back fairly rather than the fucking kiddie gloves we got treated with.

>>54266523
This. I miss being able to field Chaos Undivided.
>>
Archaon is the new Malal.
>>
>>54266923
>and how did people survive it blowing up?
Imao dude, magical bubbles, super star dragon Dracothion
>>
File: 1481395613636.jpg (158KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1481395613636.jpg
158KB, 400x399px
>>54266154
Good job with the design. There is a small line between pompus and ridiculous and these high elves managed to not get overboard with it.
>>
>>54266931
Not canon and never to be mentioned again?
>>
>>54266959
Fucking weird.

How big was the Warhammer World anyway?
>>
>>54267083
>How big was the Warhammer World anyway?
Like Earth?
>>
>>54267058
A source of dissension and causing fans to split between those who believe everything he did deserves to be in the canon and those who think he was an abortive holdover from a different time.
>>
>>54267126
>Implying anyone actually likes Malal

Archaon meanwhile was never actually unpopular.
>>
>>54267182
>Archaon meanwhile was never actually unpopular.
Only because of model
>>
>>54267113
A bit bigger i think, depending on map. 5/4 of Earth's size.
>>
>>54267233
He was interesting before whole "omen" fiasco.
His new model is putrid shit, but he still fairly popular, even if almost half of things about him terribly written.
>>
>>54267285
>but he still fairly popular,
Because his new model is big, AoSfans loves big action figures
>>
>>54265328
>codexwank
Armybookwank you 40k whore.
>>
>>54267327
I still have his old miniature on horse. Bought it because wanted to paint him.
>>
>>54261018
>splitting hairs

"half-naked
adjective
adjective: half-naked

only partly clothed."

:^)
>>
>>54266513
How did an entire high elf army get that far into the Empire? Is this 8th edition fluff?
>>
>>54267285
>He was interesting before whole "omen" fiasco.

What fiasco?
>>
>>54267422
>How did an entire high elf army get that far into the Empire?
Like any usual army
>>
>>54267547
They would've had to sack entire provinces to get that far.
>>
>one guy cites non-canonical material as canon
>other anon calls him out but starts to force End Times

Damn. Everyday we stray further from God.
>>
>>54265085
I thought she was slain by some one-armed Kislevite whose name was used for a Vampire-Hunting society. At least that's what I remember from the Silver Nails anthology
>>
>>54267580
That God brought us the magical realms so fuck him.
Go Ulric or go home. Myrmidia is also okay.
>>
File: 1499787055565.jpg (388KB, 1843x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1499787055565.jpg
388KB, 1843x1008px
>>
>>54267539
His whole new image in 8th edition, especially novel about him.
Turned him from competent and badass mortal to some kind of chosen by fate, not by personal skill.
>>
>>54267598
Tsarevich Pavel Society?

Tsarevich means "Prince".
>>
>>54267629
>Black Library
>End Times

baka
>>
>>54267688
I'm sorry. He still husbando-tier in my headcanon.
After Malekith of course. And Karl Franz.
>>
>>54267601
>implying that most important gods are not Raland and Esmeralda
>>
>>54267647
This. It was her grandson (appatently) that BTFO her.
>>
>>54267574
Well, Empire is basically HRE, so just confederacy od independent states
>>
>>54260654
Fuck you, I was the one who sourced the Citadel Journals and it was about Arianka being canon, not any Tzeentch bullshit.

That Carnac faggot is just incapable of understanding that there's more than one argument.
>>
>>54260724
Kys
>>
>>54267647
Yeah that was it
>>
>>54261015
Faggot.
>>
>>54262408
This entire argument started with a Chaosfag claiming there was no Arianka.
>>
>>54265604
Except 40k became worse.
>>
>>54266158
>We should have merged the threads a long time ago.

Why, so I can shitpost and troll instead of doing what I like which is talking about Goblins?
>>
>>54267243
Because the writers just bullshitted numbers because there are as many miles as the plot demands, its between 1.5x to 8x depending on what map you use to try and calculate it.
>>
Lads, does anyone know what the oldest visual representation of Karl Franz is? I was reading an old WD from 1992 and it had a battle report of Elf/Dwarf vs Empire, he was using an old Empire General model with a beard on a pegasus.

I know he's described as an old dude in the Jack Yeovil stuff, but are there any images of Karl Franz from before he was given his first official model?
>>
>>54268081
Interesting question. We should think where we saw the imperial crown (as currency) pictured for the first time.
>>
>>54268072
I like my Empire states huge, but 8x? What kind of map this is?
1.5x fine, but we don't want go full Creation.
>>
>>54265604
>Fantasy
>>doesn't support the hobby
https://icv2.com/articles/games/view/26216/top-5-non-collectible-miniature-lines-spring-2013
>>
>>54265113
Point of fact, Emmanuelle von Liebewitz bears a much closer resemblance to Catherine the Great.
>>
>>54268161
I think its when you try and use one of the Nehekhara maps for scale.
>>
Hilarious how a dead game goes through threads at twice the rate of World of Smegmar.
>>
Really you'd think after 8 editions they'd realise that maybe they should try to make Malekeith appear more competent
>>
>>54268011
the rules got a bit better recently
fuck the fluff though
>>
>>54268337
Ward, please
>>
>>54268337
Or kill him off.

Honestly WHF is lousy with elric ripoffs and no one likes aby of them.
>>
>>54268337
>Really you'd think after 8 editions they'd realise that maybe they should try to make Malekeith appear more competent

but they did. didn't you read the books about "the subject that shall not be mentioned in this thread"?
>>
>>54268337
>Managed to ruin the world out of spite by great intrigue that crushed both Draven and Elvish civilisation

>Incompetent

Choose one. If they wanted to turn him into one bad motherfucker, well- they took it to literally.
>>
>>54266158
>We should have merged the threads a long time ago.

Why?

AoS + ET are almost completely different game systems and background settings than WHFB.
>>
>>54268418
I like Teclis, and Tyrion's romance with Alarielle as well as his theme of Aenarion reborn.

But yeah, Warhammer has Elric overload. There's like seven of him.
>>
>>54268448
THe only thing he was competent in doing in that was manipulating Grimgor.
His other victories were handed to him by basically all the Elf characters.
>>
>>54265625
>this one passage of fluff from a book in 1987 containing barebones information about an undeveloped world in which the majority of its content has been retconned or replaced is unshakable and inarguable canon and is the sole basis behind all of my chaosfag arguments

There's grasping at straws, and then there's being pathetic.
>>
>>54268469
>His other victories were handed to him by basically all the Elf characters.
someone is mad that Malekith is the true king of the Elves.
>>
>>54268418
>elric
Bullshit.
Maybe after Raistlin and Caramon ripoffs.
>>
>>54265520
>not him
>proceeds to type exactly like him and use the same points, words, spelling, and textual mannerisms

/tg/ needs more janitors.
>>
>>54268488
Malekith always was true king, what are you talking about?
>>
>>54268489
>Maybe after Raistlin and Caramon ripoffs.
Dude, literally
Aenarion - Eternal Champion
Widowmaker - Black Sword (Stormbringer, Mournblade etc)
>>
File: 1475731271642.png (148KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1475731271642.png
148KB, 300x300px
>>54268499
Don't you sometimes think that we spend way too much time in these threads?
>>
File: 60572.jpg (86KB, 1024x478px) Image search: [Google]
60572.jpg
86KB, 1024x478px
>>54268517
>Malekith always was true king, what are you talking about?

I like this guy
>>
File: how to respond to carnposting.jpg (90KB, 453x302px) Image search: [Google]
how to respond to carnposting.jpg
90KB, 453x302px
>>54265067

It's Carnac, or multiple anons pretending to be Carnac. He's not even legitimately up his own ass with fanfiction. He's a baiting shit-poster who knows exactly what he's doing, because he's been doing this same thing - identical words, way of typing, arguments and all - since at least 2016, IIRC. He's a tg meme and he won't go away so long as we keep feeding him.

Ignore him and move on. We don't have to let some shitter ruin these threads on a regular basis.
>>
wasn't Carnac a 40k guy? Genuinely can't remember
>>
>>54268572
I think he began by posting in 40k, then when AoS rolled around he started posting there, and when WFG was made to talk about non-ET timeline stuff he started posting there too. I don't remember if he namefagged at one point or not, but his shitposts outside of the AOS general became quickly recognizable and anons started calling him Carnac, which stuck.

Carnac itself is a 40k thing though. There was an Astartes, a planet, and a campaign module all named Carnac.

>>54268550
I t-try not to think about it too much, that we're a bunch of nerds spending our days posting in a thread about a dead game from the 1980s, even if it was objectively superior to what we have now.
>>
>>54268488
No, seriously. Were it not for having all the Wood Elves and almost every named character on his side helping him he would have lost.

Even his "victory" was Alith Anar.
>>
>>54268649
Its called delegation. You gota push that work to your inferiors so you can focus on what really matters, making sure Tyrion stays the heck away from your wife Alarielle.
>>
>>54268649
This Karl Franz sucks so much. If not all those state troops, he would have lost.
>>
>>54268776
>>54268741
If an Empire civil war broke put and it took every Empire named character other than three plus all the Brets and Dwarfs to win, Karl would not look competent.
>>
>>54268741
>Its called delegation
Its called "author's wish"
Also, shouldn't you discuss sigmarines right now?
>>
>>54268842
>Its called "author's wish"
Didn't know that term so I googled it and got zero results. what is it?
>>
>>54268801
If dwarfs and bretonians fighting for you, you are impressive statesman, at least.
>>
>>54268776
The state troop literally fight for franz
I heard them say it!
>>
>>54268912
Take a guess
>>
>>54261089

>Skaven do not like open field and will use underhanded tactics when ever possible. I love skaven, but cowardice and cheating are deeply ingrained into them.

Well, can you really blame them for using underhanded tactics when they are physically the weakest race in the setting? A scrawny ratman doesn't stand a chance in a fair fight against a dwarf or armoured knight.
>>
>>54269119
Skaven are stronger than Goblins.
But still lose to them...
>>
>>54269477
This shit-thing lies-deceives!
>>
>>54269477
Skaven are stronger than elves too. Elf heroes are S/T3, Skaven are 4.
>>
>>54269535
Skaven ain't S/T 4

Stormvermin maybe, but clanrats it's impossible
>>
>>54267627
Oh fuck the edge elves are coming...
>>
>>54269526
>Night Goblins defeat Skaven
>Forest Goblins wipe out entire tribes of Beastmen at once
>A Black Orc defeated Archaon
>40k Orks beat Daemons and invaded Khorne
>Greenskins more a threat in both WAR and TWW

Greenskins da best.
>>
>>54270246
Khorne fears Gork and Mork.
>>
>>54270246
>>Greenskins more a threat in both WAR and TWW
not against the dwarfs. 40k really feels the lack of squats now because the greenskins don't have their natural counterpart from the fantasyverse.

>mfw grinding orc fucking shits down with a wall of autistic manlets frothing with rage.
It's like a bunch of no-fun allowed neckbeards ruining the fun of casuals.Which is exactly what /tg/ is
>>
Fresh.

>>54270491
>>54270491
>>54270491
>>
>>54270459
Goes both ways. Dwarfs are speedbumpy shits playing as greenskins.

Like trolling autists.
>>
>>54267887
No one claimed that she isn't canon, you dumbass. And nobody believes you because no one can be that illiterate.
>>
>>54268474
Except it was discussion about a line of text that Chaos being the victor was something that began with the start of the setting and was carried over from edition to edition. Talk about missing the point missing the point in the most stupid manner.
>>
>>54268554
Shut up, WEDEEHfag. You are just made that I and others exposed your fanfiction. I men fuck the whole ARchaon letter thing and that Law goddess thing has to be the most cancerous example ever. Not even acknowledgement that you were wrong or anything. You have to be the worst person in history.
>>
>>54268531
So it's Elric done lame.
>>
>>54265208
Hey, demigryphs are alright. They weren't my favorite when they came out, but they work well and they give the Empire some variety.
>>
>>54270802
Fuck off with your projecting.
>>
>>54270873
>You are just made that I and others exposed your fanfiction.

Its like I'm really reading a bitchfight on DeviantArt.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.