[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me with my RPG please!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: Numbers-that-Matter.jpg (39KB, 700x414px) Image search: [Google]
Numbers-that-Matter.jpg
39KB, 700x414px
Hello TG, I've been working the last few weeks on my RPG, milestones, and so on. I am close to completing my first MVP and i would appreciate some help.

First off, the entire system uses a deck of playing cards.

Second off, My current combat system involves basically playing a game of blackjack. The opposition has a armor value which is two cards added together that are place infront of them, and the attack the attacker draws two cards and adds them together.

Now here's a few questions I can't make up my mind about.

One, do face cards/ace count as ten or as 11,12... so on?

Two, Defender wins ties or attacker wins ties?

Three, How much Health should a player have?

Four, how do I scale with levels?

Five, Finally do you guys have any additional ideas?
>>
File: .png (693B, 97x23px) Image search: [Google]
.png
693B, 97x23px
>>54253029

face cards are face cards, they are 10

defender wins ties, if the attacker attacks and doesn't win, obviously he lost. if the defender defends and doesn't die, he obviously wins

have you tried playing the game? get a friend and try it with varying hp pools and see what works and what is monotonous

you could remove a card or two from the deck

I don't know enough about your game to answer anything else
>>
>>54256137
Oh I slipped, how do I scale HP/Damage with levels.
>>
>>54256187

play with it until something feels right
remove low power cards from the deck

after all 2 cards are removed from your deck, you will always hit for at last 6 which is two points higher than 4

or just add a die
>>
>>54253029
To either make it easier to hit or harder to hit, add cards drawn for each. If I'm drawing three cards against your two defending cards, it is more likely for me to get better cards to hit.
For health, defense, and to hit, I would suggest having a flat starting value (think the face down in Black Jack) that doesn't change. That is, if you use classes or something. A warrior would have an 8 or something at all times whereas a healer might only have a 5, maybe.
You can use this for health also. Everyone has their flat whatever card and then they draw. Or, to add randomness, they can draw a certain number of cards, beefier characters getting more draws than wimpier ones.
I think that the majority of your system should just be worked by drawing more and more cards. You have 52 to work with, might as well go ham.
As for face cards, a standard deck doesn't have any 1s, consider making Aces low (they count as 1). Also, if every face card is treated as a 10, then you have 16 10s in a deck of 52 (20 if you're counting Aces as 10), if higher is better, then people will more often than not be winning. This might be something that you want or dislike for your system.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.