[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interesting Magical Items

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: potionbelt1.jpg (75KB, 834x600px) Image search: [Google]
potionbelt1.jpg
75KB, 834x600px
What are some interesting magical items that are not simply for raising stats and preferably aren't just X uses of [spell] per day?
>>
File: 1499451984303.png (2MB, 1238x1631px) Image search: [Google]
1499451984303.png
2MB, 1238x1631px
>>54250284
I'm sure you're a creative type OP, how about you start?
>>
>>54250284
Well there is always the cursed blunt shortword that does blunt damage, but looks like a sword.
Oh and it shouts curses at anyone you hit
>>
>>54251579

I personally like really open ended items, where the item's use comes from the player's creativity.
Such as magnetic gauntlets that can pull any unattended metal towards the user or a lantern in which you can burn anything and those within the light gain attributes based on what is being burned.
>>
Personally I've always enjoyed items that give and take. Like say
- a suit Magebane armor that works as a personal anti-magic field. Makes the user immune to magic effects that target them but also removes any magic effects of equipment they carry.
- brutish battle hammer - an extremely heavy hammer that does an extra 2d8 bludgeoning but gives a -5 penalty to hit
- infuriating mask - an actors mask with a twisted grin that infuriates enemies. When worn any enemies that can see the mask and in 60 ft. Make a wisdom save or be forced to attack the target but do so with advantage.
>>
>>54250284

Here's some interesting ones my DM made:

1. An Amulet of Amplification: Extends voice up to 300 feet out in all directions. It's basically a 360 degree speaker centered on the wearer.

2. Unbreakable Hammer: Literally that, plus it's from ancient dwarven make.

3. Refillable Sentient Bottle: A magic potion bottle from the Feywild that HATES being drunk. He considers the fluid in him to be his organs. At every dawn he refills to be a new potion. Each potion has 3 doses. If you ask nicely to drink him, the potion will be good. It'll go south if you don't ask repeatedly. The bottle also wants to "liberate" his "brothers" when he can see other bottles in shops.

4. Sphere of Madness: Just found this one last session. It creates Shadow enemies at night. My character peered into it to find out what it does/is, and I rolled a nat 1 and got an OCD quirk for my trouble. This thing is actually a Cube, we're just gonna troll NPCs.

>"Look at this Sphere of Madness we found, archmage!"
>Archmage examines. "That's a cube, PC."
>"IT'S ALREADY GETTING TO YOU!"

5. Flashlight/Rave Sword: A sword that can cast 10 ft of light then another 10 of dim light. Color of the light is the wielder's choice. Nothing else. Our fighter uses it to try and confuse monsters.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. All but no. 4 were found in the second session in our first dungeon. I really hope we do another dungeon soon, these are the most fun magic items I've ever had.
>>
>>54250284
Sonic immovable rod of Sharess.
>>
>>54250284
Step ladder of ascension
>>
A pillow that is always cool to the touch.

A metallic face mask that mimics the expressions of the wearer.

A cursed metallic face mask, the facial expressions of which are opposite to those of the wearer.

A box with a button. If you press the button, the box goes "ding" and the rest of the multiverse is turned upside down. Definitely not just the box.
>>
File: 1498878185708.png (947KB, 1070x3720px) Image search: [Google]
1498878185708.png
947KB, 1070x3720px
>>
File: 1493456412861.gif (1MB, 548x655px) Image search: [Google]
1493456412861.gif
1MB, 548x655px
>>
File: rubix_cube.jpg (27KB, 400x410px) Image search: [Google]
rubix_cube.jpg
27KB, 400x410px
>>54252879
I think I am gonna steal the idea for the "sphere" of Madness, sounds hilarious
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.