[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: specific questions that depend on the setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1408230680741.jpg (120KB, 910x613px) Image search: [Google]
1408230680741.jpg
120KB, 910x613px
If a skeleton loses its head, it is blinded?
You would be tempted to say no, because its vision was magical and it never needed eyeballs anyway.
But by that logic, a skeleton that loses its legs would magically hover at the same height, which I've never known to happen in any setting, because it could stand up just fine without muscles or ligaments anyway.
>>
>>54249973
On the subject of skeletons, since they're animated by magic and all that which makes skelecopters a potential possibility, does it really make any sense for anything acid from maybe being broken down by acid to actually kill a skeleton?
>>
>>54250262
Jesus, I need some sleep.
>>
>>54249973
A decapitated skeleton can still see, because he never had eyes to begin with.

But he clearly still needs legs, even with just the bare bones, to walk around. If you get rid of them, it'll crawl. There's a reasonably distinct difference between these two.

I think a much better question is what >>54250262 said: killing skeletons really should be a great deal more difficult than it's usually shown in games. They're almost universally a low-level mook, when in truth they should be far more powerful, perhaps even close to the level of mummy and vampire.
>>
>>54250313
That's kind of begging the question though. If it needs legs to walk around, why doesn't it need a head to look around?
Especially when it behaves as though its field of vision is the same as when it was alive i.e. in front of its head.
>>
>>54249973
I fluff/bullshit it as a kind of sympathetic magic.

The specific effects reproduced work upon the points where they existed in the first place. Hands, eyes, legs, mouth...

I once made up an undead character which was very silent. His voice wasn't the same as when he was alive for it was magical in origin. He felt even less like himself when he spoke. Know when you can't recognize your own recorded voice? Like that, all the time.
>>
File: andrew-mironov-allfather.jpg (1MB, 1920x2867px) Image search: [Google]
andrew-mironov-allfather.jpg
1MB, 1920x2867px
>>54250313
>killing skeletons really should be a great deal more diffucult than it's usually shown in games
The same thing could be said about slimes.
>>54250414
Maybe a full skeleton is a tether that binds the animating spirit to material dimension? If so, than separated bones will make it harder for animator to control the skeleton.

So, removing head will not remove skeleton's eyesight, but it will make him/her weaker. Separate all bones from each other on far enough distance and animator will be banished.
>>
>>54249973
Wouldn't the skeleton just see out of the eye sockets wherever the head ended up?
>>
File: svetoslav-petrov-l-3b.jpg (1MB, 1920x1454px) Image search: [Google]
svetoslav-petrov-l-3b.jpg
1MB, 1920x1454px
>>54251684
Depends on where the actual "eyes" has been put and tethered - skeleton eyesockets or spirit that moves the skeleton. I think that the former will probably be less magic-consuming(for mana-frugal necromancers), latter will be more convinient.
>>
>>54249973
I would say that when you animate a skeleton, magic replaces the muscles, organs, ect. So, while you couldnt see it, a skeleton has magical eyes where its regular eyes would be, and if you cut off the head, the place where the magical eyes are is now removed.
Same goes with the legs/ arms. Magic is replacing the muscles and tendons and that lets them move in a way that a human would, so if you cut off the leg, it has no way to support itself just like any other humanoid.
>>
The skeleton's perspective would simply move with the disembodied head.
In case of destruction of the skull, the skeleton is blinded, but only because it's used to using its head to see.
>>
>>54250414
>Especially when it behaves as though its field of vision is the same as when it was alive i.e. in front of its head.

I've always given them 360 degree vision. The magic animating it is giving it sensory information and so shouldn't really care where its eyes was located.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.