[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maps: Custom or premade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

Sup /tg/. Do you prefer creating your own maps and dungeon layouts, or using premade maps you've gotten from various sources?

I prefer the first, because the "level design" part of GMing is one of my favorite parts, but I guess there's no reason you can add features to an existing layout, and premade maps always look much better than my poor art abilities will allow.

Your thoughts?

(Also, is there any good site or torrent to get premade maps from? Maybe I just haven't seen the right kind of maps to understand their usefulness.)
>>
Map represents the site of the adventure. Such site must be coherent to the adventure.
Pre made are great as inspiration.
>>
>>54249703
I like taking a blank map and populating it myself.

Occasionally full modules are ok as a way to shake things up, but usually they're very poorly written, too linear, or only have a few good ideas worth stealing.

The OP map is pretty neat, but it seems like the top half is drawn intentionally to create series of separate encounters, rather than following an independent logic... who needs dozens of a identical square rooms that are only connected one to the next?
>>
>>54249703
Custom, because I cannot stand pre-made settings and the problems they generate.
>>
>>54249703
>Also, is there any good site or torrent to get premade maps from?
Have you seen Dyson Logos' maps? https://rpgcharacters.wordpress.com/maps/
>>
File: 1439892425943.gif (3MB, 256x199px) Image search: [Google]
1439892425943.gif
3MB, 256x199px
Since I'm a lazy fuck, I either make other people make my maps, randomly generate one and half-ass the details, or just steal a premade one.

I usually opt for the latter option, but since we play on Roll20, I've had a hard time finding maps that actually work for it and fit what I want, so I end up doing one of the first two options.

I do feel like /tg/ needs some sort of map repository. Not sure if we already have one, but it would have helped out a shitload when I was running my shitty Pathfinder campaign.
>>
File: dunpanstu.jpg (56KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
dunpanstu.jpg
56KB, 460x215px
I used to just half-ass everything, or use poorly made drawings in GIMP. Then I found this on Steam and it's pretty easy to use and you can import art to use
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.