[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 50

File: narset.png (136KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
narset.png
136KB, 223x311px
Previously >>54233866

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What commander just makes you groan when you see someone playing it.
>>
>>54248546
Oloro. It's always tryhard cEDH bullshit filled to the brim with pillowfort and a boring wincon.
>>
>>54248546
>What commander just makes you groan when you see someone playing it.

most wotc-made commanders
>>
>>54248546
>Thread Question
Probably Horobi.
>>
>>54248546
Hokori. Stax is a viable strategy when you have some way to win through it. When you show up with Hokori it's like you're saying you'd rather not play.
>>
File: 1440352975442.jpg (94KB, 867x1193px) Image search: [Google]
1440352975442.jpg
94KB, 867x1193px
>>54248546
Leovold
I play exclusively on MTGO multiplayer and seeing Leo just signals that they're a salty 1v1 fagtron who just dropped out of league and are here to pound some 5tix rat decks to feel better asbout themselves.
>>
>>54248632
All commanders are made my WoTC though.
Know what you mean but not a good way to put it
>>
Reposting
>>54248327
Not trying to sound rude but
>implying I don't know this
I'm already gonna run MLD and I am willing to accept a loss to contamination/blood moon/b2basics and so.
My meta doesn't run non basic land hate anyway, and most people have shitty mana bases with lots of basics. I'll be running contamination anyway, and ill put in a crop rotation to get a forest should I not fetch one out early.
Red has soon good things worth shitting the mana base the fuck up for. I won't get punished by most people who go to my lgs anyway
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (54KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
54KB, 480x360px
>>54248633
What's wrong with Horb?
>>
>>54248713
The few builds I played agains were incredibly annoying.
>>
>>54248637
The wincon is for you to scoop since establishing a wincon in stax takes a long time. You sound like you don't play much, friend :^)
Just do them and yourself a favor by scooping, a wincon is somewhere
t. Daretti player
>>
>>54248546
in my play group that would be sliver queen, fuck you chris and your faggot deck. at the card shop its probably narset or oloro

>>54248632
this
>>
>>54248546

Brago and Derevi, even GAAIV when built all stacky.

The first two are just disgustingly easy to break wide open and no one but their pilot is having any fun at a table of 4+.
>>
>>54248546
>OP Question
Nothing, I'm not a shitter.
Although anything banned or otherwise not a real commander is mildly annoying.
>>
File: slow.png (127KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
slow.png
127KB, 223x311px
Would you rather your LGS be infested by stax, or t2 combo decks?

Or do you live in the grim dark future where you're constantly playing against both?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 938x445px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 938x445px
>spend 20 minutes recruiting players/shuffling/mulliganing
>play any two artifacts with Mark Tedin artwork on them
>other players scoop
Great fun, I'm glad I pimped my deck out.
>>
>>54248807
>playing edh at an LGS
>ever

id rather be kicked in the balls
>>
>>54248898
if your group wasnt retarded, you'd have housebanned those cards

of course if you're the kind of person who buys a mana crypt and a mana vault for EDH, then you probably don't want to have them housebanned
>>
>>54248898
>local food chain prossh player can never get other people to play against him
>spends 20 minutes autistically begging us to play against him
>"I won't combo, guys, I promise"
>"I won't tutor for Food Chain lol c'mon lets play"
>game starts
>he sets up turn 2 Prossh
>go play a fun game instead
>>
>>54248898
its probably not the artwork that makes other people not want to play with you anon
>>
>>54248807
>grim dark
No my friend, this is the light at the end of the tunnel.
Games run smoothly and are fast and fun. They require thought from each player as each decision matters. No babbies whining about "no fun" as they themselves take 30 minutes to get to a storm counter of 3.
Most importantly it helps you become a better player, making your mind turn faster as you work out optimal plays, which then helps you play real formats.
>>
>>54248946
I didn't even fucking ask. I could be playing literally anything else in that 20 minutes. It's not as if no one else plays busted shit.
>>
>T+N for Mike and Trike
>"that's stupid, no infinite combos, it's against the spirit of the format"
>T+N for Kiki+Worldspine Wurm
>"that's way too strong, we're banning Tooth and Nail"
Please kill me.
>>
File: commander spikes.png (200KB, 400x1446px) Image search: [Google]
commander spikes.png
200KB, 400x1446px
>>54249050
>>T+N for Mike and Trike

the fact that you did this means that you don't really belong in this format
>>
>>54248914
Preach.

I am glad my friends and I have our own places to meet up at so we can drink and talk about whatever we want without consequence.

My local LGS is like a crazy stereotype of the worst LGSs
>>
File: IMG_2743.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2743.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>54248946
>play main deck Evincar
>collect Prossh tears
>>
File: dump-my-basics.png (961KB, 936x445px) Image search: [Google]
dump-my-basics.png
961KB, 936x445px
It's fun to find a combo mid-game that you weren't aware of while building.
>>
>>54249050
But T&N is too strong, anon!

Do you think a SINGLE card that pulls any 2-card combo out of your deck (or 400 trample damage) is fair? There's no way anyone is retarded enough to think that

I'm just playing devil's advocate. but you definitely will start an arms race in your group unless you play down to their level
>>
>>54249101
>be bad
>get mad at others for being not bad
>huur its the spirit of the format because i say it is

kys
>>
>>54248807
Stax or "Grim Dark Future".

You can fight stax decks (though it's VERY difficult if we're talking good stax, which I assume we are), and if there's more than one at the table they can get in each others' ways with their forced sac shenanigains.

In the grim darkness, the Stax decks will sometimes kneecap the t2 combo decks before getting hated out, potentially allowing a reasonable game to evolve when the dust settles.

Pure t2 combo meta sounds like it'd be a contest of mastrubation; whoever gets off first wins. Anyone not competing in that manner might as well not be there. Heck, if I were stuck in the nighmare of a hardcore combo meta, I'd likely turn it into a grim darkness meta by pimping a Stax build into competitive levels.
>>
Really excited to make a Reaper King deck for Halloween as its coming up
>>
>>54248632
Don't you just love EMINENCE?
>>
>>54249050
Really though if anything in EDH deserves the hammer it's probably T&N (and Hulk, which Sheldon just unleashed for some moronic reason). It's just about the least work for "my infinite happens right now" that you can find.
>>
>>54249101
>y r u try win???
Please end your life.
>>
>>54249165
but if you're playing tooth and nail into mike and trike, YOU are the one who is bad. that kind of play only works against casual slow decks that run no interaction. if you were playing against actually good decks piloted by good players, you'd have your lands/hand/life blown up to 0 before you reached 5 mana.

if you're casting a 9 mana "i win the game" card at a casual EDH table and it resolves, then you're just most likely demolishing people who were looking to goof around with flavorful cards.

meanwhile, you put an inefficient, boring "i win" card into your deck and t hen used it to tutor an inefficient, boring "i win" combo, and then acted like you outplayed everyone when they groaned

so once again, read this comic >>54249101 and try to understand why you're being made fun of
>>
>>54249261
soooooo you are complaining because he didnt try and win in the most OP way possible? you are very logically inconsistent on this issue anon. it sounds like you are just ass blasted
>>
>>54249280
but he didn't try to win in the most OP way possible. tooth and nail is a braindead easy and boring way to end a game and "win". once again, it's a 9 mana spell so if you're actually resolving it and winning with it, then it probably doesn't fit into the meta

if he wanted to be OP, he would've played something actually legit competitively viable, like food chain combo or storm.

i've played cards like tooth and nail and rise of the dark realms in my decks in my casual meta, but i've ended up cutting them and replacing them with actually interesting cards. there is simply nothing interesting about ending a game with a 9 mana win-game spell that resolves the same way just about every time, and if you can't recognize that fact then i'm afraid you're infected by spike aids
>>
>>54248804
>getting annoyed by "banned" cards or "unofficial" commanders

You sure you aren't a shitter?
>>
Reaper
KING
>>
>>54249327
>but he didn't try to win in the most OP way possible.
ya thats what im saying, it just sounds like you are mad cause he used t+n. like you literally just looked at the card and got mad
>>
File: 1452686269297.png (177KB, 316x321px) Image search: [Google]
1452686269297.png
177KB, 316x321px
>thread question
Anything with counterspells
>>
>>54249138
Damn that is some spicy tech bro I've gotta hop on that
>>
>>54249327
>there is simply nothing interesting about ending a game with a 9 mana win-game spell
Johnny cancer. Not everything has to meet your sense of aesthetic.
>>
>>54248916
>implying vault is even expensive
>being poor and playing mtg
ya played yaself
>>
>>54249340
so basically your argument is

>u mad

thank you for your contribution to the thread

>>54249353
it's a format for johnnies and timmies you mongoloid. i recommend trying a different format if you're solely focused on being the winner in the easiest way possible. no wait, you're probably a lazy, poorfag who sucks at mtg so the only way you can win is by inf comboing against craw wurm decks in the joke format
>>
File: IMG_2736.jpg (115KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2736.jpg
115KB, 1536x1536px
>mad johnnys: the format
>>
>>54249390
no my argument is that you looked at t+n and got mad because of a combo that it could have done which the person who played it choose not to do and that is fucking retarded

you are an idiot
>>
>>54249409
that's what he was going to tutor for originally. if he runs tooth and nail with mike and trike then he's the worst kind of edh deckbuilder (lazy and uninteresting)
>>
File: Blocks your path.jpg (3KB, 43x39px) Image search: [Google]
Blocks your path.jpg
3KB, 43x39px
>>54249349
>>
File: Your opinions.gif (4MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Your opinions.gif
4MB, 720x404px
>>54249179

IT'S REAPING TIME
>>
File: 146.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
146.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>54249350
There's also Seed the Land if you wanna remain monogreen. It's symmetric but as you know, with deckbuilding you can turn it to your advantage. Also I wouldn't play Amulet of Vigor in my deck unless it had synergy with my commander such as Karametra in my case and I've seen it pull some weight in Geth.
>>
>>54249433
so basically your argument is

>stop liking what i dont like

thank you for your contribution to the thread
>>
>>54248776
>Queen
>Not Overlord
Chris sounds like a real shitter
>>
>>54248776
Matt? chris is an alright dude who just spend more than the playgroup, fix your tazri deck to actual deal with slivers.
>>
This is looking to be the final revision of my Sram Storm deck.

Any final cards to add in?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sram-artifactauraos/
>>
>>54249101
Someone please post the edit with the empty Legacy table so that we can update our images.
>>
>>54249484
sorry i ment overlord, the one that tutors but ya chris is a huge fag chris is actually an alright guy i just hate slivers

>>54249491
not matt.... or am i?
>>
>>54249465
if you're playing multiplayer EDH then yeah, you do need to concern yourself with what other players like and what they don't like. if 3 other players are telling you that playing tooth and nail makes you a dipshit, then you should realize that you're in the wrong there, and not them.

if you don't care about other people's enjoyment in EDH, then i'm saddened to inform you that you're a That Guy and you're playing the wrong format
>>
>>54249101
>people should only play one format
>>54249522
>implying it's not literally THE most diverse format, in terms of depth, competitiveness, and viable silliness
>implying Legacy is even close to dead
>implying people play Vintage at all
>>
>>54249541
>if you're playing multiplayer EDH then yeah, you do need to concern yourself with what other players like and what they don't like.
except you dont, especially since they were playing at a card shop. you are literally mad because someone played a card you dont like, i cant even imagine how you even find people to play with being that much of a fag
>>
>>54249570
Legacy is a pretty good format although I think banning Top was bullshit. My favorites are Vintage, Legacy, and EDH and Legacy is the only one I can't find people to play in. It all depends on your region and in mine Legacy is dead.
>>
>>54249588
maybe if he wasn't a dipshit wanna-be spike then he would have friends to play with and he wouldn't need to play at a smelly LGS
>>
File: hate cards.png (947KB, 936x445px) Image search: [Google]
hate cards.png
947KB, 936x445px
>>54249538
>i just hate slivers
Just play hate cards, then.
>>
>>54249442
*counters your spell*
*draws and discards*
>>
>>54249595
legacy would be great if wizards would make it affordable. i love that format but i literally cant find people who can afford to play it or have been playing for 2 decades and just have the cards. there is me and 2 other people at the LGS i go to and im tired of playing against them. i wish wizards would at least reprint dual lands or something so people would at least consider buying into legacy
>>
>>54249595
>I think banning Top was bullshit
Literally the best ban decision in the past 5 years.
>>
File: 20.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
Pet card you can't seem to find a home for.
>>
>>54249602
>stop liking what i dont like

shouldnt you be in school?
>>
>>54249627
at this point it seems way more likely that they'll ban the duals than reprint

wotc loves to bow down to the investors who haven't bought a pack in 6 years
>>
>>54249627
1. Play proxies
2. Play an affordable deck
3. Preserve your sanity and stop talking about the Reserved List
4. If all else fails, play a different format
>>
>>54249610
that first card is awesome, totally going to put that into a few decks
>>
>>54249636
>have enough money to buy Reserved List cards
>don't play any other format
Seems legit.
>>
>>54249630
Poor babbies couldn't handle a control deck. Banning Top is when scrubs took complete control of mtg and wiped hard control out.
>>
>>54249570
Vintage and Legacy are both shockingly healthy around here. I never thought I'd actually see a vintage match but it turns out my LGS holds tournaments. It's kind of surreal.

At the same time, Standard is deader than disco in the same area and modern on life support. I think the area split from Eath-Prime into this particular alternate timeline around five years ago, but I go rarely enough that it could have been earlier and I just didn't notice.
>>
>>54249634
if you're playing multiplayer EDH then yeah, you do need to concern yourself with what other players like and what they don't like. if 3 other players are telling you that playing tooth and nail makes you a dipshit, then you should realize that you're in the wrong there, and not them.

if you don't care about other people's enjoyment in EDH, then i'm saddened to inform you that you're a That Guy and you're playing the wrong format
>>
>>54249624
"pssh, nothing personnel, kid"
>>
>>54249659
What?

>>54249636
There's no way that duals ever get banned.
>>
>>54249570
>the joke
>your head
Relax breh.
>>
>>54249655
It's literally just a Juzam Djinn that incidentally hoses slivers. Juzam Djinn was a really important card in early M:tG and still has kickass art and commands an insane price (for what it does), but it's not really what we'd like to call 'good' anymore.
>>
>>54249636
>haven't bought a pack in 6 years
more like a decade at least

>>54249643
proxies are stupid, there are no affordable decks in legacy worth playing, the reserved list was a mistake and i would gladly see it done away with (and i even own several reserved list cards), also i do play other formats but legacy is my favorite and i want more people to play with cause its super fun and rewarding
>>
>>54249660
>Poor babbies couldn't handle a control deck.
>Poor format couldn't handle 1-mana instant-speed wrath effects and a two-card hard lock.
FTFY

Why whine when you probably haven't ever played against it?
>>
>>54249681
>>There's no way that duals ever get banned.

i just said it seems more likely than them reprinting them

i don't think wotc wants to open that can of autists
>>
>>54249669
and again you literally dont, especially at an lgs

you have the mindset of a child
>>
>>54249667
>I never thought I'd actually see a vintage match but it turns out my LGS holds tournaments. It's kind of surreal.
Exactly, Vintage is like a mythological thing to many players but it is real and it isn't entirely filled with turn-1-kill decks by any means. it's entirely filled with Thorn of Amethyst and Mentor instead
>>
File: memes.png (907KB, 935x445px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
907KB, 935x445px
>>54249710
whoops forgot my pic
>>54249667
>modern on life support
That's unfortunate. It seems like a pretty fun, healthy format atm.
>inb4 lul muh death's shadow xd
>>
>>54249714
>stop liking what i don't like
>>
>>54249744
what? i am literally saying play whatever you want. that is the exact opposite of stop liking what i dont like

do you have brain damage or just extreme autism?
>>
>>54249710
I played against it plenty and played it myself. I still have Miracles built because I haven't played Legacy since it got banned.
>>
>>54249699
>its super fun and rewarding
This. The depth of the format is insane- plays, card interaction, deck selection, metagame, etc.

Shame that the Reserved List dampens it so much.
>>
>>54249633
would be cool as a standalone commander.
Are there any mono white "return a bunch of shit to your hand" cards?
>>
>>54249755
>Miracles player still complaining about the Top ban
It's the gift that keeps on giving.
>>
>>54249714
It's your right to play what you want (as long as it's within the spectrum of things what were agreed upon beforehand; ie format rules and any cleanly and openly stated houserules).

It's the right of everyone else to decide you're a tryhard shitter and they don't want to play with you anymore. If you're playing casual and find yourself in the minority, especially the solitary minority, when it comes to a conflict like this you kowtow to the group (and play 75%/no infinites/whatever) or find yourself out that table/playgroup. Same thing goes in reverse, I usually play at ~75% tops so if I walked into a cEDH playgroup I would fairly quickly need to git gud, git gone, or just suck up a 0% winrate.
>>
File: 5.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>54249772
Only one I know of. White had a bit of theme of returning to hand in Time Spiral block.
>>
>>54249699
>there are no affordable decks in legacy worth playing,
I've often thought this myself, but I've been eyeing manaless dredge that can weigh in at under 200 burgerdollars.
>>
Animar, Yidris, Sliver Queen, and all of this one fag's totally not netdeck decks at least in my meta, but edric is clear sign of someone to not play with
>>54249595
>banning top was bullshit
Miraclefags still salty, I kicked your ass with goblins and I'll do it even more efficiently with your top gone
>>
>>54249863
>White had a bit of theme of returning to hand in Time Spiral block.
Only in planar chaos, really. In addition to Dusty there's Stormfront Riders (as started the discussion), Stonecloaker, and Whitemane Lion off the top of my head, but Dusty is by far the best of the lot.

You could play UW and run Sunken Hope+equilibrium and fun ETBs, but you'd probably be better off with Flicker.
>>
File: 52.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>54248546
>What commander just makes you groan
Do not sit down with Azami players.

They want to play Solitaire, not Magic.
>>
>>54248632
I'm fine with designed commanders like Nekusar that follow the same rules as everything else, but partner commanders, or commanders that interact with the command zone or from the command zone in particular ways? Those irritate me.
>>
>>54249937
How do you feel about Experience counters, and would you feel differently if cards other than EXP-generating designed commanders used them?
>>
>>54249917
I tried once to tinker with an Esper self-bounce deck but yeah flicker is a lot better. You'd need green to make all that mana to bounce and recast stuff.
>>
>>54249937
ya i'm the guy who replied to you and that's basically my feelings on the subject

the 2016 commanders are all fine in my eyes. it's stuff like the 2013 and 2017 especially that annoy me
>>
>>54248546
/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
>>
File: 49.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
49.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>54249960
Not him, but the only one I've felt was truly broken was pic related.

Not absolutely game breaking, but generates an insane amount of value with the right hand and is hard to keep in check because of "end of turn" trigger.
>>
>>54249960
not him but experience counters are reasonably well balanced, except for mizzix. meren is a card advantage creature early on, and later she turns into a reanimator engine as her manacost most likely goes higher
>>
File: 206.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
206.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
Can I do and infinite damage loop with Arcbond, Boros Reckoner, and a dude with lifelink?
Basically, you cast Arcbond, targeting a creature you control with lifelink. It then takes damage somehow (say, from, Blasphemous Act). It's dealt X damage, therefore it deals X damage to each creature and player, and you gan life equal to X times the amount of creatures and players dealt damage this way. One of the creatures hit is Boros Reckoner. It's ability triggers and deals damage to the creature that dealt damage to it, and the cycle starts all over again.

Does this work, or do I not know how the rules work?
>>
>>54249980
>2017
Eminence is annoying but the non-ur-dragon Dragon commanders seemed pretty legit with Taigam, Wasitroa, and Ramos. And I guess O-Kagachi even if he's not good he's at least functionally designed.
>>
>>54249960
They're not broken per say but they're not a very fun mechanic because they're so binary. They're either generating insane value or doing nothing. Plus they encourage building decks entirely central to your commander which shouldn't ne encouraged any more than it already is.
>>
>>54249992
the fact that it also says "if not return it to your hand" is in my opinion the most broken part of it.
>>
>>54250016
SBEs will be checked and shit will die. You can loop it if your Arcbond target and Reckoner are indestructible.
>>
Commander Banlist update: No changes

are you sad, mad or glad?
>>
>>54249937
So by that, out of the 65 commanders you're at most okay with 14 out of 15 from Commander 2011 (-Skullbriar), at least 5 out of 10 from C13 (Roon, Sydri, Nekusar, Shattergang Bros, Gahiji, and maybe Marath, Prossh, and Jeleva, which are "tax matters" but don't reference the zone), 5 out of 10 from C14, (the non Planeswalkers), all 10 from C15, and 5 out of 20 from C16.
>>
>>54250062
>Commander Banlist update: No changes
>are you sad, mad or glad?
Mixed bag

Sad: Hulk still on the lam
Mad: nutin
Glad: No more bullshit bans or crazy unbans.

Could be a LOT worse.
>>
>>54250052
Ok, I'l just have to cast Boros Charm or something.
>>
>>54250088
It's weird, but consider Nahiri's Machinations, it gives you one indestructible creature for your second main every turn like clockwork.
>>
>>54250108
Any other was to make the two dudes unkillable?
>>
Arabho is still on the EBgames page a week or more later.
>>
>>54250062
>Fastbond
>Gifts Ungiven
>Tinker
>Recurring Nightmare

Unban please
>>
>>54250062
im pretty ok with no changes. commander is in a pretty good place right now i think
>>
>>54249330
Not if it's been agreed on previously.
But if someone shows up with some PW as a commander I am offput.
>>
>>54250190
Which planeswalkers wouldn't work, balance wise, as commanders?
>>
File: Image.png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
137KB, 223x311px
At prerelease last night I pulled this dude and was thinking of building a casual deck with him loaded up with living weapons and other token generators, would it work in a casual meta where gay kings in the strongest deck?
>>
>>54250142
Archangel Avacyn will make all your dudes indestructible for the turn she comes in, and she can be your boros commander. Avacyn 1.0 will give you global indestructible but can't be your commander.

Boros charm, yeah, like you said.

Cathar's Companion could be the Arcbond target to start the chain since it will become indestructible when you arcbond, but it doesn't have lifelink innatley.

If you go green, there's Dauntless Escort.

Deathless Angel

Frontline Medic with Battalion

Gideon's Phalanx with Spell Mastery but that's mana expensive as fuck, even Avacyn would be cheaper. Similarly Hero of Goma Fada but you could trip him with a cheaper ally. See also: Soul of New Phyrexia

Make a Stand, Rootborn Defenses, and/or Selfless Spirit, will do it. Selfless Spirit has the distinction of costing the least mana on combo turn of anything reliable: 0. 2 (tied with boros charm) if you wait to cast it until combo. You could go off on 3/4 with that in magical christmasland with a lifelinker on 1, spirit on 2, reckoner on 3, and arcbond ftw on 4. 3 with some magical christmasramp like t1 Sol Ring Diamond, t2 Lifelink spirit, T3 Reckoner Arcbond

Odric, Lunarch Marshal will make the team indestructible if one of them is, and Darksteel Myr is cheap.
>>
>>54250329
>>54250142
And remember: You are going infinite so any amount of damage will do: you can always set off the chain for no mana with Gut Shot.
>>
>>54250281
>would it work in a casual meta where gay kings in the strongest deck?
Maybe but Temmet will typically underperform. Even if your deck ends up good it won't be thanks to that chucklefuck. I mean, he'll help, you you'll rarely if ever need him.

Also consider making some GOOD tokens with the likes of Rite of Replication rather than relying on 0/0 germs and 1/1 soldiers. Day of the Dragons can do good work.
>>
How many lands should I have in a 2 color deck?
>>
>>54249138
Works with fertilid and retreat to kazandu. If you wanted to go mono green
>>
>>54250468
Fertilid requires 1G to activate. Good synergy obviously but not a closed loop.
>>
>>54250457
Without seeing the deck? 35 lands, 6 rocks that cost 2 or less, 4 more rocks that cost 3 or less, and of your lands you should probably run at least 5-10 nonbasics that produce both your colors and a smattering of utility nonbasics; around 20/35 basics is comfy when you're starting out with a lowish budget, less than 15/35 is asking to get BTFO by Blood Moon and friends.

Naturally all these numbers can change, sometimes dramatically, depending on the deck.
>>
File: 7272737477.jpg (30KB, 398x332px) Image search: [Google]
7272737477.jpg
30KB, 398x332px
>attend a prerelease last weekend
>did zero prep work for this set
>don't know any of the cards
>its some white/green beatdown jank
>notice some mythic horse and read it
>notice a pool of weenies with lifelink
>decide to just run it
>the horse carries me to a easy 5-1 result

Look at that horse, that horse was amazing. Definitely building that Trostani deck I was planning now.
>>
>>54250246
Venser the Sojourner would make a killer stax deck. Tezzeret the Seeker could be devastating as a combo piece. Garruk, Apex Predator or Garruk Relentless midrange, Sorin Markov.
>>
>>54250329
>>54250349
What are some good lifelinkers or cards that give creatures lifelink?
>>
>>54250457
my go to is 37 lands and 5 rocks but like >>54250529 said id really have to see the deck before making a proper call on that
>>
>>54250457
Depends on Avg CMC, Mana Rocks and quality of duals.
>>
>>54250529
>>54250584
A friend that want to build Bruna and just ask me some tips even if I just start building and playing EDH
Don't really know where to get some tips except from here
>>
>>54248644
>MTGO
You have no one but yourself to blame.
>>
>>54249960
I run daxos the returned and he's super weak imo. I run him at 75% but if I'm left alone long enough you can't lose. You just shit out a ton of value.
>>
I'm still trying to make a Polukranos deck that's more voltron/control than anything Hydra tribal, does anybody know any secret tech that would work good with him?

>Blight Sickle
>Deathtouch/lifelink
>Druids Call
>Rite of Passage
>Grafted Exoskeleton
>Nantuko Mentor and wine of Blood and Iron to buff him in response to his trigger
>Surestrike Trident

I've never seen anyone play him as a Commander so I'm looking for cards that work well with him especially, not just green stompy stuff.
>>
>>54250661
Check out EDHrec (and use the damn filters) and other tappedouts with the same commander? Some autists include decent summaries.
>>
>>54250509
You right my b
>>
Would you count MLD as part of your board wipes?
>>
>>54250661
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-11-16-bruna-light-of-alabaster/

this is my bruna deck, its pretty straight forward
>>
>>54251232
yes
>>
>>54250573
Serra Ascendant

inb4 "Mental Misstep"
>>
>>54248753
Can't play Ezuri against him so I always try and focus him first unless there's a bigger creature threat on the field.
>>
>>54250573
Divinity of Pride.
>>
File: 51CUsaS4aVL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (37KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
51CUsaS4aVL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
37KB, 350x350px
So I picked up one of these in foil. I usually do not play G/W and thought it would be fun to build a deck around them, any sweet techs I should include?
>>
So, anyone tried infect in commander? I was thinking about it ever since The Scorpion God got spoiled. So I threw something together for an idea. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scorpion-venom-3/

Do you just get hated out right away as it turns into Archenemy?
Will I be able to keep up in a moderately competitive meta?
Will people not want to play with me?
>>
>>54250732
>I don't like thing
>>
>>54251347
You've got Trostani's Summoner and Voice of Resurgence?
>>
File: oviya.png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
oviya.png
139KB, 223x311px
>>54251347
this card is al all star in that deck
>>
>>54249497
bumperino
>>
File: whitemage.png (68KB, 106x287px) Image search: [Google]
whitemage.png
68KB, 106x287px
>black mage interact with me
>black mage drain my life, make me sac my creature, and steal my creature from graveyard
>exile black mage creatures
>black mage gets mad at interaction
>>
>>54251347
Cultivator of Blades.
>>
Why is no one ever talking about my man Arcum? I doubt im the only one playing him. Any arcum bros tried/found some new cards to try?
>>
>>54251376
Oviya is great in tons of decks, artifact or tokens. I try to include her in any deck green deck
>>
>>54250753
Berserk and Mighty Emergence to beef him up, maybe some graft creatures like Sporeback Troll. I take you already have Hardened Scales and friends to capitalize on the +1/+1 counter right?
>>
>>54251399
What's one thing that black can do that interacts with graveyard removal or reverses it?
>>
>>54251374
I've got trostanis summoner, been holding back on buying voice but the price has dropped so I guess I could pick one up.

>>54251376
>>54251420
They seem pretty nice, thank you.
>>
>>54251347
desolation twins too
>>
>>54251427
>why is no one talking about how great cancer is?
>>
>>54251347
whenever I play against this i hate the essence warden, soul sisters and the sister from phyrexia. its too strong
>>
File: 1439298618412.jpg (134KB, 433x480px) Image search: [Google]
1439298618412.jpg
134KB, 433x480px
>>54249165
>resolved a 9 mana spell in a table with 0 interaction
heh you really outplayed them that time didn't you
>>
>>54251427
He is just Memnarch's side bitch.
>>
>>54251539
>table is so bad they cant stop a 9 mana spell

wew
>>
>>54251427
He's one of those commanders like Kaalia who's degenerate but also fragile and kind of solved. The difference is that Arcum, unlike Kaalia, isn't a waifu who leads a mixed bag of more waifus and edge, and thus he doesn't get play from horrifyingly greasy autistic neckbeards that make the rest of us despise the commander in question.
>>
>>54251547
>running a card package that only beats bad players
wew lad
>>
>>54251442
>Graft creatures

That's a good idea

>I take you already have Hardened Scales and friends to capitalize on the +1/+1 counter right?

Some yes but only being able to Monstrosity once every time he's out is making me steer away from just a pile on counters strategy, especially since his ability hits creatures for his monstrosity X and not his overall power. The idea is forming up to be

>Ramp
>Monstrosity to clear the field
>Smash a nerd for lethal afterwords

I'm just looking for interesting ways to go about it. Rite of Passage + Hardened Scales looks like a neat little combo for him though, and raw power could turn Surestrike Trident into a win con more eaisly.
>>
>>54251604
so why are you so mad if it only beats bad players? are you finally admitting that you are bad?
>>
>>54251621
so why is T&N and Mike/Trike not in every B/G deck?
>>
File: Mayael.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Mayael.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
How should I update this deck? Any missing staples? Any secret tech?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-07-17-big-dudes/
>>
File: kystruedetective.jpg (13KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
kystruedetective.jpg
13KB, 500x280px
>>54251621
You claim it only beats bad players and yet you run it anyway. By your logic, then, you are either a) A bad player yourself because otherwise you would run options that could actually compete with good players or b) an asshole who gets off on pubstomping, in which case pic related.

Your argument is logically inconsistent with concluding the validation you so pathetically desire, besides being inconsistent with the reality you refuse to admit (that T&N into infinite is a powerful play and bringing it to a casual table might be your problem, not the table's)
>>
>>54249588
It's posts like these that make suspect that some people in this general don't actually play the format. This is the most basic stuff that they claim to refuse to yield on and somehow have a playgroup to go to every week where they supposedly win 80% of the games and the 20% they lose it's because "wow it took 2 of you to kill me." People that actually played the format wouldn't think like this.
>>
>>54251707
>You claim it only beats bad players and yet you run it anyway.
yes, because a lot of edh players are bad which is why they are playing edh to begin with. a lot of people like (you)
>>
>>54251617
It's a pity the only ability cost reducer you have on monoG is Heartstone, that could help a lot. Maybe some ways to store mana to fire a late-game huge monstrosity trigger like Gemstone Array and Omnath could help.
>>
File: 5[1].jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
5[1].jpg
63KB, 312x445px
What cats could end up expensive if they're not reprinted in the deck?
>>
>>54251830
timespiral ones but they are already pretty cheap.
brimaz could spike yes, I don't think he will get reprinted but he might as one of the other commanders
>>
>>54251776
except they do. people in my play group have cards i hate in them like avacyn or kiki pestermite but i dont go around telling them they cant play those cards because im not a complete faggot who whines when other people play their cards. you know what i do? io meta them out or play my broken as fuck cards/combos because i like them. its call being an adult/non autist and realizing that the game isnt built around you. telling other people they cant play cards because you dont like them is the absolute height of faggotry and cancer
>>
>>54251830
Kemba was in C14, so she should be good.
>>
File: 14[1].jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
14[1].jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>54251830
>>
>>54251803
And you don't play something that can compete with "Good" players because your ego can't withstand facing competition, so you btfo folks who are trying to enjoying themselves and cry to the mongolian basket-weaving forum when they call you on your asocial behavior. Got it.
>>
>>54251803
so you admit that you only run T&N to jack off to your ego?
>>
What do you believe will be some chase reprints in the dragon deck? Spells, lands, etc.
>>
>>54251232
No. If the enemy has a threatening board, do you want to Wrath or Armageddon?

MLD is terrible when you're behind while board wipes are best when you're behind. It is silly to equate them.
>>
>>54251955
you can be good and have fun at the same time, it isnt hard
>>
>>54251967
no, it is a win con

>inb4 how day you try to win the game
>inb4 stop liking what i dont like again for the 8th time
>>
>>54251450
Instant speed graveyard recursion. Black also has its own graveyard interaction in that it is the primary color at exiling from graveyards. (Even if the best anti-graveyard card is white, it was a black ability for a long time)>>54251450
>>
>>54248776
>>54249538
>tfw my name is Chris and I play slivers
w-what state are you from, anon?
>>
>>54252030
And yet, amazingly, you yourself choose not only to not do so yourself, but shit on others who are quite fine doing so in their own way.

Play at a big boy cEDH table if you're so fucking concerned about being 'good'. Game finders exist, perhaps you should use one?
>>
>>54252106
you do realize i am not the person in the scenario right? are you so fucking stupid you cant even into basic reading comprehension now? jesus fucking christ you are dumb as fuck
>>
>>54252021
So you count it as a seperate package? How many board wipes and how many MLD effects would you run?
>>
File: 12548896.jpg (54KB, 612x768px) Image search: [Google]
12548896.jpg
54KB, 612x768px
>>54252088
chris I knew was MD. not sure if the other anon is matt.
>>
File: alibaba.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
alibaba.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
ok i've inadvertantly made most of my decks too oppressive so i need another goofing around deck for my casual meta

here are my current decks and their relative power levels

>skithiryx voltron (90%, only use it to remind my playgroup why arms races can be bad)
>sultai reanimator and toolbox (80%)
>maelstrom timmy face smashing goodness (80%)
>kambal lifegain and pillowfort (75%)
>gahiji meme hug (60%, i almost never play this deck because it's such a shitfest)

so yeah i need some more decks around that 75% mark and i can't bring myself to power down my current decks

i like

>budget decks
>value plays
>spicy interactions and political stuff

i was thinking of building brion, but i'd like to hear more suggestions
>>
File: 1464308501101.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464308501101.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
Just build my fist EDH deck, any suggestions?
Also all the guys on my group are new to the format so the powerlevel is going to be low probably
no bully please ;_;

https://deckstats.net/decks/44776/661567-wort-
>>
File: 1376504067623.jpg (27KB, 542x474px) Image search: [Google]
1376504067623.jpg
27KB, 542x474px
>people complaining that a 9-mana spell does something really good
oh for fucks sake /tg/
>>
>>54252210
>I like value
>Boros

Don't go down that dark path, anon.
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>54249772
this bad boy
>>
>>54252190
Not him but I'd count them as overlapping packages because there are so many cards that do both or at least either like Catastrophe. Counting such cards in both? It depends on your Colors. Expect to contribute
From white, about 5 wipes and about 3 MLD
From red, about 5 wipes and about 3 MLD
From Black, about 3-5 wipes, but there's not really a good contribution to MLD here.
From Blue, about 2 wipes (Cyclonic rift and either Evacuation if you have a zillion colors or Wash Out if you don't) and MAYBE Sunder for MLD if you want it
From Green... pretty much nothing, YOLO or get Disk and/or O-Stone (not that they're bad ideas elsewhere)
>>
>>54249133
Mmm, delicious death triggers though
>>
>>54252305
tfw the new white/red card from HOU that says "pick up any amount of permanents you own"
tfw because of that STUPID aftermath I can't play it in Sram
>>
>>54252306
In my boros deck, I have 5 MLD effects and 4 board wipes.
>>
>watching Eternal masters unboxing
>dude gets chrome mox, wasteland, manacrypt and foil manacrypt in a row.

Anyone got some good luck lately?
>>
File: deathorglory.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
deathorglory.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>54252272
brion is the only boros deck that can into value though

>gift of immortality on sad robot
>sac it every turn for massive value
>throw a serra avatar at someone for massive lifegain value
>use nullmage shepherd to recur your creatures for MASSIVE VALUE
>use pic related to recur your creatures for even massiver value (holy shit)

honestly it seems like a really good candidate for my next deck but i'm forgetful so there might be something else i'd like to build even more
>>
>>54252193
Oh phew it's not me ahaha I'm a west coaster. Wild coincidence though.
>>
>>54252355
You could probably stand to beef that up, but it's always going to vary drastically depending on the deck strategy. By my math, Mardu would have something like 15-6 but not every mardu deck wants to be wrath tribal.
>>
>>54252190
I don't run Armageddon effects in any of my decks but yeah they're definitely separate effects and they serve totally different purposes.
>>
>>54248632
Hexproof garbage
>>
>>54252310
Prossh can't go infinite with Food Chain if all his tokens die.
>>
>>54252380
Depala can technically do actual card advantage too, even if the cards she gets you aren't particularly great.
>>
>>54252473
You must have an aneurysm when you see Kira.
>>
>>54248546
Sigarda 1.0 She's not even really THAT strong in the grand scheme of things she's just utterly disgusting.
>>
>>54252524
Please do not insult my waifu.
>>
friendly reminder that if you don't pack 3 to 5 artifact and enchantment removal spells you are contributing dumb and degenerate t2, 12 mana decks.
>>
>>54252551
>Playing Dimir
I can bounce them and maybe force some discard, will that do? I think I've got a pocket counterspell somewhere, but I always run light on spot because it's usually the wrong call against 4 opponents.
>>
>>54252551
I have Forsake the Worldly, Wear/Tear and Chaos Warp in my Aurelia deck, along with Sunfirger to fetch them.
>>
>>54249050
>tfw the best T+N combo I can do in my mono G is Regal Force+Avenger or Avenger+Craterhoof or Blightsteel+Sylvan Safekeeper
>tfw those are all really underwhelming
>>54249138
That's basically asking to get a Armageddon dropped on you though.
>>
>>54252632
Gate to Phyrexia if you're running tokens.
>>
>>54249179
I like my attack of the clones reaperman deck, I know it's not very flavorful though.
>>
>>54252356
the one eternal masters pack i ever opened had a jace in it
>>
Meren, then dude gets incredibly butthurt when I exile their graveyard and he wont stop bitching the rest of the game "Why are you playing cards that are only good against me"
Kill me
>>
>>54252844
One EMA pack for me, one Wasteland

I'm sure there are Whammies in the set but I also think there's a pretty good chance of not wiping out on your rare -- even if it's not ALL THE VALUE it's at least playable somewhere more often than not. Which frankly, at 10 bucks a pack, should be the case.
>>
>>54252356
I opened Scarab as my prerelease promo, and I opened a Scorpion and a foil Hour of Devastation in same pack in my prize packs.
>>
File: 1438197612250.jpg (46KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
1438197612250.jpg
46KB, 540x438px
>>54252920
>when you're the only persona in your playgroup who plays graveyard hate
>have police the recursion players to keep them from going out of control when they dump half their decks into the graveyard
>they get incredibly fanny flustered every time
>>
>>54253032
So many mistakes in that post. I apologize.
>>
>>54252931
honestly fuck the masters sets. ive seen so many people get shit all over on them and wizards jacks up the prices of pack with really small runs to capitalize on retards
>>
>>54253064
*shrug* I have a habit of not buying them, but my non-player relations have a habit of getting me 1 pack of masters over 2-3 packs of something else for minor gift-giving, so I'm pretty much the definition of a small sample size on opening such sets.
>>
>>54253064
I buy them all the time, but eternal masters almost killed it for me. I bought 11 packs and cracked a worldgorger agathoian enchantress and a bunch of buck foils.

MM17 was gangbusters, I got a full set of fetches, a few neat foils like Mizzium Mortars Zur and inquisition of kozilek, but it wasn't something to do to make money. I was just late to the ball game and it's fun to get things randomly, particularly when I wouldn't buy it myself normally.
>>
>>54253243
see the thing is wizard could just reprint those cards to the point where you would just be able to go buy them for relatively cheap or get them in normal sets. instead, your paying 10 dollars a pack for the possibility of opening one (1)
>>
>>54251830
Is that a real card?
3 cost for a 3/4 is good, its great.
It has vigilence and no down side.
And all that other stuff tacked on how is he not at lest a 4 cost?
>>
File: 1377553246990.png (113KB, 295x279px) Image search: [Google]
1377553246990.png
113KB, 295x279px
>>54253032
>Play a graveyard recursion deck
>No one in my playgroup plays graveyard hate
>They all complain that my deck is OP
>Tell tham that all they need to do is run a little graveyard hate and I would be much more manageable
>None of them ever bother to put any in their decks
>mfw
>>
>>54249460
Put this in gitgud frog
>>
>>54253334
Yes, cat man is real. Compare him to Hero of Bladehold and account for the fact he's Legendary, and she isn't.
>>
File: sisters of stone death.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sisters of stone death.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
post cards with loads of effects
>>
>>54253489
i want to like that card but 8 mana is just way too much
>>
File: 1499313964445.png (319KB, 629x616px) Image search: [Google]
1499313964445.png
319KB, 629x616px
>Edh group plays with 2 simple rules
>no MLD
>no infinites
>games are fun
>games have tons of interaction
>games last a comfortable amount of time
>politics make it even more fun
>no guilty losses or wins

Fuck I must have lucked out. You salty cunts sound miserable.
>>
File: triad of fates.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
triad of fates.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>54253489
>>
>>54253489
using this creature is an odyssean effort

>first it needs to be put on the board, an 8 mana creature
>then it needs to be able to swing against an opponent
>then it needs to have a potential blocker it can force to block for B
>then it needs to remove it from the game for BG
>then it needs to put it back into the play for 2B

jesus christ talk about a slow card
>>
File: gisharksunsavatar.jpg (28KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
gisharksunsavatar.jpg
28KB, 265x370px
>>54253511
I'm making my T-Rex work and nothing you say will stop me.
>>
>>54253569
Im still preying it costs 6.
But yes, I'm building this if it costs 20.
>>
>>54253569
At least Gishark will do something right away and for no additional mana.
>>
>>54253606
>6 mana Trample, vigilance, haste 7/6

Don't get your hopes up.
>>
>>54253694
Yeah, Gishark is a pretty compact tribal general as far as his kit goes, only thing is he costs 8.
>>
File: Image.png (136KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
136KB, 223x311px
>>54253718
Why not?
>>
>>54253768
Pros
>1 more power
>2 more toughness
>costs 1 less
>only 2 color
>flying

Cons
>not haste
>not vig

I mean, its not unlikely
>>
File: PimpedButBrokeNow.jpg (112KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PimpedButBrokeNow.jpg
112KB, 1024x768px
>>54248898

Pimping out my deck is becoming more fun than playing it...but I haven't yet so I wouldn't really know ;_;
>>
>>54253768
Haste is huge on something that size.
>>
>>54253865
Who's got you using Su-Chi, and why Grim over Crypt? (or do you already have crypt?)
>>
File: 31.jpg (48KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
48KB, 312x445px
>>54253489
:^)
>>
Is there a cycle for Mask of Law and Grace and Shield of Duty and Reason? Feels like there should be more
>>
File: EDH4LYFE.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
EDH4LYFE.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
>>54253911

Crypt is too unreliable and 0 mana cost is unnecessary, for me, in EDH. I have all the other good colorless mana cards except crypt. I just can't see using it when something that costs 1+ has reliability and no or much less damage.

Big costs is kinda my thing.
>>
>>54254020
That's the cycle. It covers all the protection "Virtues" that existed at the time, though of course only in a specific set of combinations -- but one that makes sense: White's enemies and White's allies, which had their Voices introduced in different sets.

I'd really like to see the Disciple cycle get finished. I know they're not good cards but the fact that there's only Law and Grace, not even Duty and Reason (much less Truth) kind of triggers me.
>>
>>54252236
>when you can't into reading comprehension
it's about pubstomping anon
>>
I pulled a Locust God at my prerelease and I'm thinking of getting into EDH with it as my commander. I'm thinking value ETB effects with stuff that compounds on it and lots of wheel effects so I can do shit like wheel for tokens that each trigger shit. Does that sound ok?

>>54253606
>preying
In any case, it's 8 for sure.
>>
>>54254206
Skullclamp is wonders in the deck
>>
>>54254206
mana echoes, skull clamp, lab man or purphoros. theres your wincon
>>
>>54254231
Oh fuck yes.

>>54254244
Lab man sounds hilarious and mana echoes seems stupid as fuck. Thanks, man.
>>
>>54254206
Get Opposition and Mind Over Matter.
>>
>>54254317
Already looked into Opposition, but Mind Over Matter looks interesting.
>>
>>54254262
If your group does infinites. If not, your gonna be changing the deck if you want to keep playing.
>>
What's y'alls thought on non-legendary commanders?
>>
>>54254376
dumb
>>
>>54254376
they are not commanders
>>
>>54254376
Don't
>>
>>54254381
>>54254384
>>54254389

>turn 2 infect kills are fine
>playing a fun non legendary commander is blasphemy

Fucking board is retarded. Quit playing my game.
>>
>>54254431
>infect in commander
AHAHAHAHHAHAA
>>
>>54251707
>It's bad you suck or you would be running better things
>Or maybe you're just an asshole who likes to beat bad players

Maybe he finds tooth and nail fun. You know, that is a thing some people do- I play janky as fuck decks with shit cards because it makes me happy to play them, it doesn't matter how strong the playgroup is, it's fun to me.
>>
>>54254443
Yes infect is a thing in commander are you daft
>>
>>54254431
im sorry, i play by the actual official rules instead of whining like a faggot
>>
>>54254431
Actually curious. Can you post the turn 2 infect kills with Skittles? I didn't think it could be reasonably done.
>>
>>54254376
Maybe planeswalkers.
>>
>>54254471
it cant, he is being an idiot
>>
>>54254457
you're completely retarded
>>
File: dissipation.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
dissipation.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Thoughts?
>>
>>54254532
not bad, isnt there a black card that does that too?
>>
>>54254507
Skittles
Blightsteel colossus
Triumph of the hoards
Grafted exoskeleton
Tainted strike
you cant tell me you've never been on the receiving end of one of these before
>>
>>54254546
No Mercy?
>>
>>54254471
>>54254491
I'm sure there is some obscene combination of mana rocks and something like Howl from Beyond that could theoretically get you there, but it'd be the most Magical Christmas Land you could possibly live in.
>>
>>54254532
Use to run but people try to find a way to use it to combo off on you
>>
>>54254553
never have because they are always instantly singled out.
>>
>>54254553
Funny enough, I have been playing commander since before infect was a thing, and I have seen all those cards played against me. Same with ezuri and fuckhuge unlockable infect.

I have never died to infect though. Ever. It's just not that good.
>>
>>54254553
I've been on the receiving end, but you want to know something funny? It's not a bad thing.

You literally can't lose to it if you play the deck properly or build on curve, or leverage a better position, or run spot removal to take care of the threats as they enter the game.

Adapt, don't be a faggot.
>>
>>54254491
>>54254564

T1
>swamp
>ritual
>Sol ring
>thran dynamo
>fire shrieker

T2
>swamp
>tap 2 swamp and dynamo for skittles
>tap Sol ring to equip shrieker
>play mox opal
>tap for B, play any +1 pump spell
>win
>>
>>54254630
>don't be a faggot
Anon, if I'm not a faggot, then what am I?
>>
File: 1462673585644.jpg (33KB, 419x419px) Image search: [Google]
1462673585644.jpg
33KB, 419x419px
>>54253541
>sit down
>hey guys you mind if I play
>sure what're you playing
>prossh with a little bit of food chain
>sorry we don't do infinite combos here
>dude it's just a wincon lol don't get salty run some counterspells fag lol git gud at this game
>>
>>54254630
>adapt

Aka, play shitty MLD and infinites and make it a race to turn 5 every game.

Go play modern.
>>
>>54254756
>okay it's not infinite
>play Prossh, ditch everything for Purph and Prossh again
>play Prossh one more time
Wouldn't even lead to a stalemate in chess.
>>
>>54254785
>Implying 3 more turns for the win is the same as dropping 1 enchantment and winning.
>>
>>54254763
what does MLD stand for? Mono Land Destruction?
>>
>>54254813
Mass Land Destruction. Stuff like Armageddon and Obliterate.
>>
>>54254763
>Be me
>Mention several ways to not die to infect
>Anon responds with something that has nothing to do with what I said

Jesus Christ you're fucking stupid. "Adapt" doesn't mean what you think it does, maybe you should go back to playing Yu-Gi-Oh! if you can't comprehend the basics of counter play without being a complete cunt.
>>
>>54254471
>>54254564
>>54254727
here's an easy budget way to do it

>t1 swamp, dark ritual, any 2-mana rock that comes untapped, plague stinger
>t2 swamp, unspeakable symbol, put 9 counters on plague stinger and swing

or a slightly expensive way

>swamp, mana crypt, plague stinger
>swamp, unspeakable symbol, counters, swing, etc.

it doesn't utilize skthiryx but it's still a t2 infect kill that a skithiryx deck can do
>>
>>54254813
Mass land destruction.

Selective is fine, taking out a emeria or cabal coffers doesn't kick a player out of the game.
>>
>>54254805
No anon, I'm implying that you can win without repeating the same sequence of moves three times, which is grounds for a stalemate in chess. Prossh doesn't need an infinite or even arbitrarily large number of loops to win. He needs about 3.
>>
>>54254832
>counter play

You mean wasting a bunch of deck slots for specific answers to your shitty "wincons" because you dont know how to win otherwise?

I'd rather just tell you that you can't play and you can sit in the corner while others have fun.
>>
File: Bearer of the Heavens.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Bearer of the Heavens.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>54254840
I run picture related as one of my wincons in my Marchesa, the Black Rose deck. Even if I win the turn after it blows everything up people in my playgroup still get upset over the whole MLD thing so I've been thinking of taking it out.
>>
>>54254912
In the end, you're there to play.
If people arent able to, ita probably time to reevaluate what you want out of the game.
>>
>>54254564
>>54254727
>T1
>Peat Bog
>Sol Ring
>Mana Crypt
>Mana Vault
>Sigil of Distinction for 7

>T2
>Swamp
>Skittles
>Equip with Sigil and give Skittles haste
>>
>>54254912
That thing is worse than MLD since it just resets the boardstate completely. MLD at least has the excuse that it can be used as a sort of wincon.
>>
>>54254988
Even tho 90% of the time its not. And its just for "the lulz"
>>
>>54254881
Wow. You acre retarded, good to know.

It's not a wasted deck slot if it keeps you alive. I'm not playing infect, I'm offering ways to not die to it so I don't know why I'm not allowed to play. You're an autist if you think telling someone else they can't have fun because it's not your type of fun is an adult way to handle any situation. Yes, using deck slots to adapt to your playgroup is important, if you keep losing to artifact combos maybe you should run spot removal for it instead of focusing entirely on your own combo or board state.

You're the type of player who complains when he's a turn away from winning and someone plays a board wipe. You're the type of player who draws a card and bitches for ten minutes because it wasn't the top deck of the century. It's a competitive game, even in a casual setting it's you against three other players, there are going to be 3 losers and 1 winner in 99% of games, infect, combos, and politics are the reasons the games play out differently and what makes the format interesting because players can do more than they can in any other format. If you want to play the same game every time where no one does anything until turn 7 when they cast a huge spell be my guest, I'm going to go play with people who like having fun and experiencing new decks and wincons.
>>
>>54254988
Well, it's a wincon in my Marchesa deck because she reanimates all my creatures when they die. It doesn't really reset the game.

>>54254954
Fair enough. For some reason people in my playgroup don't seem as upset with the guy tutoring up worldslayer ever time he plays his Avacyn deck.
>>
>>54255058
>For some reason people in my playgroup don't seem as upset with the guy tutoring up worldslayer ever time he plays his Avacyn deck.

That's a bit different. The thing people get mad about with MLD is people randomly slamming Armageddon turn 4 for no discernible gain, doing nothing but massively slowing the game down. Someone connecting with Worldslayer while they have Avacyn out typically means that person has won the game. Everyone can just shake hands and move onto the next game in that situation and the Avacyn player gets to wear the burger king crown for having won the game, rather than everyone having to slog through a half-assed reset while Armageddon guy masturbates under the table staring at the Ravages of War in his hand.
>>
>>54255058
I just texted my buddy about his marchesa deck and bearer. He said hes gonna put it in. Now I just hope I have a boros charm in hand when he eventually gets it off.
>>
>>54253541
>cry babbies
>>
>infect
Come on, no one has ever won a game with infect as their only strategy. It's just like playing Uril; you'll always kill someone, but you'll run out of gas before killing a table. Literally only triumph of the hordes is worth running as a wincon and only if you're going REALLY wide.

Tainted strike may or may not work, but almost never does anything meaningful other than gibbing exactly one other player. Even blighted agent death's shadow mimeoplasm isn't THAT good, really your very best bet is to copy blightsteel and give it haste somehow, but it's still preposterously easy to stop.

If you can't deal with infect, you should go back to standard. Literally who even plays it outside of 1v1 skittles?
>>
>>54254988
Not when you have Marchesa in play, which is his whole point.
>>
>>54255204
I've made a UG graft infect deck fa long time ago from spare cards before NewZuri was a thing, using Momir Vig. Tutor up Graft creatures, then play infect creatures. It turned out pretty strong with all the cheap infect cards easily becoming 3/3's and 4/4's, and I didn't even have doubling season or hardened scales in it. It got me hated out petty quick though

Maybe I should try throwing it together again
>>
>>54255295
That actually sounds like a really fun deck idea, and it's a take on the commander, and the wincon that I haven't seen before. I dig it.
>>
>>54249633
Ephara
>>
>>54251347
>>54251347
Trostani is a beauty, one of my earlier decks but I still adore all the cute interactions she has. She's been since taken apart, but she'll always have a special place in my heart.

Mimic Vat, Phyrexian Processor, and Angelic Accord are all crazy. That new horse mythic would also be pretty good. Advent of the Wurm is also pretty decent for setting up a reliable boardstate. I focused more on the Populate aspect than the lifegain, but the lifegain still has plenty of fun uses. Well of Lost Dreams comes to mind.
>>
Making a grouphug/fattyspam/fatty steak Braids Conjurer Adept deck. Think I'll get hated out of the game?
>>
>>54249633
I have this guy as the commander for my mono white pauper deck. Being able to bounce itself is a huge plus.
>>
>>54255575
You won't have to. You'll let someone else win the turn Braids comes in.
>>
>tfw you find an infinite combo you didn't even know you had in the deck
Fucking Ghave
>>
>>54255668
So Ghave has 3 resources. Mana, counters, and tokens. Ghave himself can either go -1,-1,+1, or -1,+1,-1. Doubling Season applies a multiplier to counters and tokens, Ashnod's is +2,0,-1. Basically, I graphed out all of the different lines of play. In the end there were 17 or so unique infinite combos. Some day I'll find it.
>>
>>54255860
>>54255860
>>54255860
New thread
>>
>>54254571
>people try to find a way to use it to combo off on you
I've done this before, best feeling
>>
>>54254532
Oh no I can get back my ETB effect creatures to cast again!
>>
>>54254727
>have the exact 7 cards you need in your hand for a turn 2 kill
>probability is like 1000000 to 1
>bu-but guys this is a realistic scenario

lmao fuck off
>>
File: 309.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
309.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>54253489
>post cards with loads of effects
>>
>>54249133
Everyone who play black in my playgroup plays Night of Soul's Betrayal, Engineered Plage or Curse of Death's Hold.
But some playgroups outright refure to interact with their opponents and then whine because they always lose to the one guy who isn't as retarded as they are.
>>
>>54249390
Tooth and Nail is a Timmy as fuck card. So are Mike & Trike. This isn't Hermit Druid turn 0 you're complaining about, you're just looking more and more like a fag with every reply.
>>
>>54250088
Replace the reckoner with stuffy doll.
>>
>>54253556
I have this deck! It's fun. Just got Angel of Condemnation and Djeru for it(I run a lot of planeswalkers).
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.