[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Due to vacations and summer-related obligations, my D&D group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

Due to vacations and summer-related obligations, my D&D group has died out. Eventually I came upon another group of three guys and one girl that are big LotR fans and they have asked me to DM for them LotR-themed campaign(D&D 5e). Basically, they want to be guardsmen (and one woman) of Minas Tirith, facing the horrors of Sauron about 10 years before events in LotR.

I have read LotR a while ago, but I'd ask LotR-weebs to help me flesh out the setting (the Minas Tirith Region) so my players will enjoy and recognise it. Here is what I have so far:
- Minas Tirith is a dying city, mostly empty
- Thre is no king for centuries
- there is a deep emotional wound in remaining citiydwellers regarding loss of Osgiliath and Minas Morgul
- Sauron is seen as looming, ungreakable power, that gets stronger every year
- Orc and Goblin raids are common
- Only real ally Minas Tirith has is Rohan, but Rohan feels distant and uninterested with Saurons potential expansion
- There is no clue what are elves supposed to do regarding Sauron

Anything else?
>>
>>54247547
There is a 3rd-party expansion for 5e called Adventures in Middle Earth, made by the guys who made One Ring. According to most reviews I've found, and my own once-over of the system it's pretty good. It actually replaces each of the 12 standard D&D classes with 6 that are more appropriate for a Middle Earth campaign. Basically this means no spells, but there's a lot of "subtle" magic.

It's mostly meant to take place in the North in and around Lake-town and Dale, as its default starting time is 5 years after Smaug's defeat.

You should look into it.

http://cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/adventures-in-middle-earth/
>>
>>54247657
Nice! Will check it out. But my main problem is lore. I guess there are some people on /tg/ who are into it enough, so they can toss in a few more suggestions.
>>
>>54247547
Other things you could add:

Gondor effectively has two ethnic groups living there; the Northmen and the Dunedain (Men of Numenor). The vast majority of Gondorians are of Northmen stock, with the upper-class of nobility having more of of Dunedain in their family histories though almost all noble families have SOME Northmen blood in them. Since Gondor's connection to Arnor and thus to Numenor is basically established by the existence of Dunedain bloodlines, having significant amounts of it in your family history would be a mark of pride and possibly lead towards thoughts of superiority that the Shadow could play upon.
>>
>>54248401
The Rangers of Ithilien.
Gondor only has one group of Rangers, and these are the guys Faramir led. The Rangers here guarded the fief of Ithilien (hence the name), which was the easternmost of Gondor's provinces and the only one on the other side of the Anduin River.
By the time your game takes place Ithilien had already fallen almost fifty years to orc raids and the Rangers were the only protection anyone who hadn't left had, and they're forced to rely on guerilla warfare and harry the servants of the Enemy as their numbers are too thin to really make much of a direct dent.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.