[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tarot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (59KB, 262x370px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
59KB, 262x370px
Hey /tg/

I am thinking about starting with Tarot. Mostly to use it as a reoccuring element in a Vampire game (yeah i know That GM that puts in way to much effort). But i also think reading the Tarot is a useful skill in general and the symbolism in general is really cool.

A few questions:

Do i need a book or are there online guides that are sufficient?

Which Tarot to use? I thought about the Crowley one but i am very open for suggestions.

General experiences with Tarot, other suggestions for starters or just stories are very welcome.
>>
>>54247357
If you're going to take Tarot seriously, you need to use a Rider deck. Most guides arnt very good. You should just learn to read the symbolism based on what's on the cards. The original Rider deck is explicitly designed to be understood visually with no memorization required.

I use tarot for major life shit, though I dont take it too seriously. I mostly use it as a planning tool, as tarot can help you take certain possibilities seriously that you would otherwise ignore.
>>
>>54247693
So you use it as a tool to plan your shit ?
>>
>>54247357
You might try /x/, they have tarot threads every few days.

Look at a few decks and pick one that seems interesting to you. >>54247693 has the right idea, you want to have lots of symbolism on the card so you can get ideas visually.

Don't waste much time with guides or books. Look at them as sources of ideas rather than advice. There's not really any "correct" or "standard" technique.

Best thing to do is just dive in and play around. Try different spreads, try using Tarot for different things. Don't take it too seriously.

Tarot is a pretty good warm-up for GMing. It helps with improvising, and teaches you how to react to, interpret, and synthesize random ideas.
>>
>>54248037
Thanks so do you think there is an online guide i can read so that i don't have to buy books? If books are not that important anyway and i have to develop my own technique.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.