[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 62

>Unearthed Arcana: Revised Class Options:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/June5UA_RevisedClassOptv1.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
>>54231042
>>
>>54239954
Unearthed Arcana in two days. Are you ready for a disappointmen, anons?
>>
File: Capture.png (37KB, 849x462px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
37KB, 849x462px
>>
Thoughts on EK/arcane trickster combo? Should one or both of these just be replaced by bladesinger?
>>
File: Capture2.png (36KB, 859x458px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
36KB, 859x458px
>>
>>54240017
>18 scrubs got wrecked by shambling mound
>>
Is Loremaster really as ridiculous as I've heard?

I just like the idea of being incredibly versatile (or alternatively, focusing entirely on one element with elemental adept) but I hear that it's really strong, like I've heard it compared with Nuclear Druid strong.
>>
File: Loremaster wizard.png (638KB, 586x588px) Image search: [Google]
Loremaster wizard.png
638KB, 586x588px
>>54240072
>Is Loremaster really as ridiculous as I've heard
Yes.
>>
Human, Lizardfolk or Kenku death cleric?
>>
>>54240017
>>54239995
I get all the CoS love because it's the newest and faggots will always latch on to the latest thing, but how the fuck is an adventure as wonky as SKT second place? Also, PotA last? This is why non-ranked polls are garbage.
>>
>>54240002
5 for Extra Attack is not a bad idea. Maybe 7 for War Magic with Booming Blade.

Definitely no to Bladesinger. Even only 3 EK levels gives you way, way more in terms of defenses and combat ability.
>>
Anyone else got ideas for >>54239461 ?
>>
File: hollowworld.jpg (3MB, 1362x1706px) Image search: [Google]
hollowworld.jpg
3MB, 1362x1706px
>>54239730
whoops posted the wrong image by mistake, fixed now
>>
File: shieldspike.jpg (266KB, 1458x817px) Image search: [Google]
shieldspike.jpg
266KB, 1458x817px
>>54240165
>he doesn't know Spike Growth does nothing
>>
File: 1499573574290.jpg (59KB, 460x672px) Image search: [Google]
1499573574290.jpg
59KB, 460x672px
>>54240072
Depends. In a regular adventuring day (as how the book expects it) no. But if your group is stopping to rest every couple of fights then it does become overbearing.

It's strong, yes. But, increasing your already high chance of landing a save or suck or dealing non reisted damage with a certain spell out of the wizard's hundreds of options is not the end all be all.
>>
>>54240182
What do you mean it does nothing
>>
give me a fun character to play, /5eg/.
>>
>>54240243
Bear Totem Barbarian/Moon Druid. Never, ever, ever die and maul shit as an invulnerable bear.
>>
>>54240231
If I remember the argument that derailed two threads correctly, Spike Growth only hurts people who enter the area of the spikes, but the spikes themselves are part of the ground and both are creatures can't enter the ground or another solid, physical object like the spikes. You can stand on top of the spikes, but the spell doesn't say contact with the spikes is what does damage, but being inside their area. It is impossible to enter their area without becoming incorporeal somehow or having a burrow speed.

Also there was some shit about table surfing or Tenser's Floating Disk and whether or not a wagon or wearing armor would stop the spikes even without an absurdly semantic reading of the spell.
>>
>>54240243
take your favorite videogame/movie character
play it in a d&d setting
do not focus on specific cheesy builds or stats
>>
>>54240243
Battlemaster.

>>54240280
He asked for a character, not a meme.
>>
>>54240295
He asked for a fun character, anon. Not a fighter.
>>
File: 1464154080433 (1).jpg (190KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1464154080433 (1).jpg
190KB, 667x1000px
What are the reasons to play Druid over another class? I've never had one in a game and they seem underwhelming reading thru the PHB, altho I haven't looked enough into the Unearthed Arcana except for checking up on the Nuclear Druid build.
>>
>>54240072
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, it is literally the most broken subclass I have seen yet. Complete bullshit.
>>
>>54239978
I'm expecting nothing and I'll probably still be disappointed.
>>
File: 1473339665090.jpg (27KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
1473339665090.jpg
27KB, 600x418px
>people talking about specific builds as something to base their character on
>>
>>54239978
>disappointmen
How many are there?
>>
>>54240345
Well that's all that D&D is and ever has been, really. At least since 3.cancer was released. If you think D&D players actually roleplay, try attending a game. 90% of them define their characters' actions by alignment ("lol he's chaotic good"), or race ("lol he's an elf he would do that") or class ("lol that's what paladins do"). It'd be funny if it weren't just kind of sad. The fact that they think adding "pick a background" to the rules makes D&D a "roleplaying game" is just hilarious. Not to mention that 90% of character "backstories" are the hugest load of shit ever. Although, you can't entirely blame the players, seeing as the published adventures are basically "go here do this" plotshit with no real opportunity to roleplay beyond awkward small talk with the local bartender. And most GMs are about as good at portraying NPCs as a festering sore, so it's not like they give you much to work with in the first place.
>>
>>54240081
>>54240221
>>54240323

Say I wasn't a metagaming faggot who looked up the MM to see what to make all my saves and instead just wanted to make all my spells a certain element and using elemental adept for flavor reasons.

Would Loremaster be overpowered then?
>>
File: Eberron-.jpg (740KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Eberron-.jpg
740KB, 1280x960px
Xth for Eberron is best setting.
>>
>>54240243
Inspired by >>54240002, I present you the "I dropped out of wizard school because it was boring so I didn't bother to apply myself" build

Whatever race lets you pump int dex and con, so probably variant human. Dump every other stat as hard as you can.

Wizard 2 with any school besides abjurer, conjurer or transumtion for your undergrad classes and the beginning of your major

Barbarian 1 to represent your rage with those normie chad wizards who are doing better at school than you even though you're obviously way smarter and to pick up unarmed defense

Whatever combination of eldritch knight and arcane trickster you like for the rest of the levels to represent the dead end career(s) you've ended up in. You can get disadvantage saves vs your magic when you land an attack or do it from stealth, but not both. Make sure to constantly write your lower level spells into your wizard spellbook before replacing them with higher level stuff.

Background and feats I leave up to you to choose as there's a number of options.
>>
>>54240409
>not talking to your DM and agreeing to change all spells to X element and playing a normal archetype isntead
>>
>>54240430
>Non-advancing timeline
>No superpowered NPCs on every corner
>No "Because gods say so"
>Plenty of detail, but a lot left to imagination
It's decent, and certainly much better than Forgotten Realms.
>>
File: 14733396650902.jpg (20KB, 480x274px) Image search: [Google]
14733396650902.jpg
20KB, 480x274px
>>54240389
>>
>>54240430
Best setting is PoL. Eberron is cool too though.
>>
>>54240320

Well, Moon seems a pretty tough customer, what with their forms and the whole "burn spells for health" mechanic. I don't know how Land stacks up against other casters, though.
>>
>>54240501
/pol/ is not a setting, it's a sad reality we live in. If you mean Points of Light, it's not a setting either.
>>
How do you go about dealing with different languages being spoken? Parenthesis, brackets, or just saying 'x speaks in y language'?
>>
>>54240501
>>54240430
>not mystara / known world / red steel / hollow world
get outta my fuckin' face, kids
>>
It's been a while since virt shitposted here. Did he finally run out of proxies?
>>
File: i hate this.jpg (9KB, 302x225px) Image search: [Google]
i hate this.jpg
9KB, 302x225px
>>54240501
>change a huge amount of lore for beloved existing settings, especially FR
>create and assume you use a half-assed homebrew campaign for all your adventures anyway
4e was a mistake.
>>
Why does everyone meme on PDK? It seems like a pretty nifty support fighter.

Is it just because Battlemaster is better?
>>
>>54240529
You can have your boring fantasy world and I'll have my lightning trains full of 58 illuminatis, thanks.
>>
>>54240389
Stop playing with faggots.
>>
>>54240294
what if everyone is playing edgy heroes and dealing metric tons of damage do to broken as magic items while i have no certainty of getting anything remotely close in power?

playing the support build didn't work as i couldn't amount shit 80% of the time.
>>
>>54240569
First of all, PDK is an insult to everyone who wanted a warlord. Secondly, PDK is not only worse than a battlemaster, but also every single other fighter archetype.
>>
>>54240578

That's a lot of illuminatis, anon!
>>
>>54240569
PDK is pretty bad. The amount of healing it does is negligible and can't even raise creatures from 0 (they have to be able to hear you). Sharing your second wind and action surge means you have to burn it at the same time, unlike Battle Master and EK that give you extra resources to work with. And notably, the capstone of the subclass is given at 17th instead of 18th.
>>
>>54240320
Land's basically a Wizard/Cleric hybrid. You get the more casty staying power of Wizard with the versatility of Cleric.

Wildshape works great and basically means you don't need skills for getting around because you can sneak and fly past obstacles with it. Whereas Land needs it for combat.

Honestly they're pretty good. There's some shockingly good Druid/Ranger exclusives as well.
>>
>>54240283
There's so much that doesn't make sense with this response that I'm just gonna take it a little bit at a time.

>Spike Growth only hurts people who enter the area of the spikes
Quote from PHB: "When a creature moves into OR WITHIN the area it takes 2d4 piercing damage for every 5 feet it travels" (Emphasis mine). Where's the confusion?

>It is impossible to enter their area without becoming incorporeal somehow or having a burrow speed.
I find this really implausible. Firstly, the area is only described as difficult terrain, not impassible terrain. Beyond that, there's even a clause in the spell description that explicitly references entering the area. Quote from PHB: "Any creature that can't see the area at the time the spell was cast must make a Wisdom (Perception) check against your spell save DC to recognized the terrain as hazardous before entering the area." Last three words obviously the most important. Why would clause be here if the area couldn't be entered?
>>
Our DM is running Curse of Strahd, and, while we are all having a ton of fun, I know we could be having...way more fun.

Our DM is a good guy and pretty okay at what he does, but he has no teeth. At no point in the entire campaign have I felt as though we were in any real danger. Barovia isn't spooky or scare or brutal or tense, and I feel like I'm missing out on the Ravenloft experience.
>>
>>54240569
It doesn't increase DPR, so it's bad
>>
>>54240578
Rather than being smug and wrong, why don't you just say up front that you don't know anything about Mystara and invite other Anons to educate you? Because if you did, you'd learn that "boring fantasy world" Mystara has:
>spaceships
>nuclear power eating actual magic
>a different spin on the divine, where every god is a former mortal who discovered the secrets of ascension, seeking to train others to ascend and join them
>elevators to the hollow core of the planet where everything's all crazy and Land of the Lost, with dinosaurs and Aztecs and cavemen all over
>the coast of swashbuckling derring-do where everyone is cursed with weird radioactive superpowers and inquisitors run around yelling at everyone who uses a gun
>also, guns
>a continent of alien superwizards from another planet being eugenics'd by one of the gods just to see what'll happen
>you can worship a talking t-rex
>>
>>54240671
How would you enter the area of a wall, Anon?
>>
PDK is better than Champion
>>
File: Doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>54240783
You're full of shit, Jacob.
>>
>>54240283
Wait, hold on. Disregard my post here >>54240671 . I missed the point of what you were saying.

The argument is that in order for the spikes to damage you, your feet would have to be inside them, which is impossible in most cases. However, a grammatically careful reading of the spell description leads me to conclude that "the area" is a reference to "The ground in the a 20-foot radius centered on a point within range" and actually has nothing to do with the spikes themselves.
>>
>>54240783
>>54240816
Do you fuck young fighters, anon? Do ya?
>>
>>54240828
But that's just moving the problem from entering spikes to entering ground, hence the need for burrowing.
>>
On the note of Eldritch Knight, I'm about to try and play one in my second tabletop campaign ever. Is there anything fun I can do with them besides the obvious? (spam fire spells and be slightly harder to kill than a wizard?)
>>
>>54240783

What's PDK, and why is it received so poorly?
>>
>>54240897
https://astranauta.github.io/classes.html#Fighter,Purple%20Dragon%20Knight%20(Banneret)
>>
>>54240850
I suppose the issue is whether you interpret it as having to "enter the ground" or merely enter the 20-ft radius of the spells effect, which just so happens to be on the ground. It's obvious what the RAI is in this situation though.
>>
So, ignoring retarded rules interpretations, is there a worse spell than Color Spray?
>15ft cone, only can hit up to 4 medium creatures
>only affecting creatures whose combined current HP is less than 6d10
>Blind enemies for 1 round.
>1st level Slot.
>>
>>54240939
Enthrall. Jump. Witch Bolt.
>>
>>54239995
ehhhh storm kings thunder was kinda boring, i read both and had to pick one to gm and i went with out of the abyss, it just had more flavor.
>>
File: spells.png (17KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
spells.png
17KB, 1152x648px
Does this Wizard have LoS underwater for either specific targeted spells or aoe spells?

Considering refraction, murkiness of the water, cover the water provides.
>>
>>54241005
If it was me, depending on the murkiness, it'd grant some cover bonuses up to Three-Quarters cover. Full cover, I can't see unless it's a fire spell.
>>
>>54240948
>Witch Bolt
>Bad
It's FREE damage anon!
>>
>>54240939
True Strike
>>
File: you die now.jpg (34KB, 313x382px) Image search: [Google]
you die now.jpg
34KB, 313x382px
>>54241025
Oh hell not this again.
>>
>>54240948
Witch bolt at least can keep someone down, as terrible as it is. And the other two, while terrible, are out of combat spells and have their limited uses.

Witch Bolt is a close contender. But I think Color Spray is worse.

>>54241029
True strike at least guarantees an effect and doesn't use your spell slots. It only screws you out of a turn, instead of a turn and a spell slot.
>>
>>54241025
WITCH BOLT
DAMAGE
HE DOES IT FOR FREE
>>
I'm gonna play a Naga from the new plane shift, heavily fluffed to fit in a standard campaign.

I need something fun to play my snake man as.
>>
>>54241018
>cover bonuses

What about spells that require the target to make a save?

>Fire spell

What about a fireball?
>>
>>54241018
>acid and poison are diluted instantly
>cold is negated just like fire
>ice and force are slowed like any projectile and do fuck-all past a couple of feet
>lightning grounds out immediately unless you're in a fucking kiddie pool
>radiant is refracted because God is nothing against the optical properties of water
>pure life-giving water nullifies necrotic energies and washes it all away
Only Thunder and Psionic work against water-dwelling targets.
>>
>>54241061
>True Strike Guarantees an effect
If you drop concentration you actually wasted a whole turn.
>>
>>54240894
They are really bad at spamming fire spells, actually. INT is a tertiary stat for you, and unless Feats are banned there are very many juicy effects to pick from to bother raising it, plus your casting advantage works best on single-target DC spells like Hold Person.

What they're good for, that isn't very obvious I suppose, is that they are AC monsters. Plate, Defensive FS or/and shield, the actual Shield spell, Shield of Faith through Magic Initiate. They're beastly, and Warcaster to punish with GFB or BB works very well with them.
>>
>>54240939
Color spray is fine at low levels. Blinding an enemy gives them disadvantage to hit you and all allies advantage to hit them, and also prevents them from casting many, many dangerous spells.
>>
So I play D&D with friends, and we each take turns as DM in our campaigns.

The DM for our next campaign has been watching critical roll a lot. Now he wants us to go from 3.5e to 5e.

Now I'm the guy who is basically the group expert in 3.5e, but I know nothing of 5e.

Im a minmaxing faggot, take from 20 different sources, never stay in a class for more than 5 levels, and I plan builds that have no real function until high levels that we would never get to.
Im the guy that played ur priests and hulking hurlers.

Basically the parts of 3.5e that everybody hates, apparently. But we are confined to core 5e for this game.

Any recommendations for combinations of classes, feats and whatnot that would let me feel like im making a clever combo?
>>
>>54241005
Depends on the water. Could be clear, lightly obscured or could be heavily obscured.
Clear means they can see them and attack normally
Lightly obscured means they can see them and attack normally unless they have something like skulker
Heavily obscured means they can't see them and can't attack
>>
>>54241098
Could be worse, could be a level 8 Holy Aura that gets knocked off the first round it's up after you get slapped for 60 damage. that made me sad.
>>
>>54241081
Everyone thinks Fireball is some explosion, like a shrapnel-less grenade or some C4 going off.
It's just rapid deflagration. Something in the air is flammable, it ignites, sweeps through the area, then that's it. There's no boom, no force. Someone underwater would be just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSfHowDgtlQ
>>
Would a Battlemaster who dabbled into Ranger 4 for Hunter or an Eldritch Knight be better suited to carry a bunch of people who can't into optimization at all?
>>
>>54240527
PoLand has the best D&D-related media in existence though, Fell's Five. And we'll never see the ending.

>>54240557
The mistake was WotC ever touching FR. The Forgotten Realms should make like a D&D setting and be forgotten.
>>
>>54241170
>Color spraying when you can cast sleep or burning hands, both of which are level 1 spells, both of which can remove enemies from combat entirely
>>
>>54241188
Oh man, is it time to rag on FR because no one actually reads the material and cares to go to the interesting places?
>>
>>54241183
>tfw my dm seems to think its some sort of bomb and allows people to do fireball airbursts
>>
>>54241183
But its magic fire.
>>
>>54241170
It only lasts 1 round: it's trash.

Sleep is also level 1 and has no save.
>>
>>54241204
why would you not be able to do fireball bursts in the air?
>>
>>54241185
>Carry a bunch of people
>As a fighter or ranger

>>54241194
Oh, I thought sleep was ~3d8 or something shit for a moment there.

So it's 22.5 average versus 33 average, 5d8 versus 6d10.

Color spray affects 50% more hitdice worth of creatures.

Also, more creatures are immune to sleep/charm than are to blind, I'm pretty sure.

>>54241213
1 round is pretty much most of a combat, quite often, unless it's a fight against some big enemy in which case sleep probably won't work at all.
>>
>>54241204
Well, he's right about the airburst part. It's like a fuel-air bomb but not nearly large enough to impart any meaningful concussive force.

>>54241212
Magic fire whose spell description makes it clear that it's just a sweeping wave of flame going around corners and not BAKOOM, DOOR'S BLOWN OFF THE HINGES, GO GO GO
>>
>>54241121
Interesting! I was thinking about shield (the spell) combined with heavy armor making me difficult to kill. I think I figured everything else out but the bit about warcaster? Care to explain please?
>>
>>54241171
May I suggest a lobotomy? It's the only way to remove the cancer.

If you look around, there's plenty of multiclass builds to make you feel special.
>>
>>54241224
I mean air burst as in detonating it over enemies to do less damage but hit a wider area, from the 'fallout' of the fireball hitting enemies
>>
>>54240948
To be fair, witch bolt has pretty good scaling when upcasted. Combined with Tempest Cleric's channel divinity it makes for a pretty decent nuke. Upcasting it isnt that bad of an investment either considering you can reapply the big damage for every turn the enemy is alive.
>>
>>54241265
>Color spray affects 50% more hitdice worth of creatures.
while technically true, Sleep can target a much larger area and pairs well with other AOE's, you or another player casts an aoe spell, then you cast sleep dropping everyone that survived (with a small amount of luck)

>>54241320
>I mean air burst as in detonating it over enemies to do less damage but hit a wider area, from the 'fallout' of the fireball hitting enemies
oh yeah, that's totally wrong.
>>
File: 1429919650763.gif (509KB, 324x216px) Image search: [Google]
1429919650763.gif
509KB, 324x216px
What's my best bet for idiot proof ranged damage? My ranger just died due to plot reasons and I want to play something new.
>>
>>54241265

It's a cone, so you have to get close, and it doesn't matter if CS can affect more creatures, because you still have to close in and kill them.

That's the Sleep advantage: enemies hit are effectively out of the fight, so you don't have to spend actions to deal with them while combat is still ongoing. With CS, on the other hand, you still have to kill the enemies under its effect before it wears off, and while under attack from those unaffected.

Plus echoing an earlier post, if you are getting in range for CS, might as well Burning Hands and actually kill the enemies.
>>
>>54241342
Variant Human warlock with spell sniper and the eldrich blast range evocation
>>
>>54241338
>To be fair, witch bolt has pretty good scaling when upcasted.
+1d12 per level on the original hit, but still only ever 1d12 every turn after. Read the spell more closely.
>>
>Wanna play a Lore Master from the Frozen North who makes all her spells cold damage
>Would be constantly struggling with the urge to just make everything Force damage

help how do I not faggot
>>
>>54241342
CBE Battlemaster fighter, if you want it really idiot-proof try a Champion
>>
>>54241342
Variant human battle master fighter. Take sharpshooter feat and precision strike maneuver.
>>
File: 1371082213154.jpg (47KB, 432x600px) Image search: [Google]
1371082213154.jpg
47KB, 432x600px
>>54241183
>>54241268
So Fireball will never work underwater?

What about spells that require saves like Sacred Flame.
>>
>>54241388
Don't fucking play Lore Master and talk with your DM about making things Cold instead.
>>
>>54241388
>Wanna play a Lore Master
I'm sorry anon, it's terminal
>>
>>54241398
There are rules for fireball underwater in the 'underwater combat' section of the PHB.
If I recall right you only take half damage.
>>
>>54241420
Sacred Flame isn't actually fire, it's just holy magic jumbo that looks like fire.
>>
>>54241431
>half damage from someone shooting fire from their finger across several feet of water, bleeding heat with each step, expanding a pocket of flammable gas which is being crushed on all sides by the weight of the water surrounding it, then instantly deflagrating and collapsing on itself
Maybe if you're the sole fucking target.
>>
File: 1377575410217.jpg (284KB, 1161x869px) Image search: [Google]
1377575410217.jpg
284KB, 1161x869px
>>54241431
You take half damage from fire underwater. Doesn't mention fireball.

But can a fireball appear underwater since its a burst of flame which ignites the air?
>>
>>54241183
Creatures that are underwater have resistance to fire damage. They are not "just fine".

>>54241201
Or I could play in a setting that's interesting and doesn't require to me to excise metric tons of shit. Everyone tells me it was better before 3E anyway.

>>54241213
A sleeping enemy grants no advantages to a ranged attacker. You have to walk up to gain any benefits, offensively, and that only for the first hit.

>>54241339
Hardly anyone has ranged aoes at level 1-4 though. Plus, the proper followup to an aoe that leaves the enemy low on health is another aoe to finish them.

>>54241368
You have to close in to kill the sleeping enemies. You can shoot the blinded enemies from a distance. Sleeping enemies also aren't out of the fight, since they can be cured with an action or any amount of damage, while the blinded enemy is definitely blinded until the end of your turn.

Both CS and Sleep are not true AoEs. They aren't extra effective on multiple targets. They just spread their HP-mitigated effect around. Sleep makes a smaller number of HP miss a turn (and maybe give you an extra 1 or 2 die from a crit) while Color Spray makes the larger number of HP only have disadvantage on attacks and gives you advantage on your attacks against it. They're both pretty niche, unless your DM totally softballs you by not breaking Sleep.
>>
>>54241422
>>54241428

Wow people really hate Lore Master.

What if they removed the changing save ability? I mean that's what makes them overpowered and despised right?
>>
>>54241494
>fire goes through water
Why would anyone read the rest of your post and consider your opinions when the first one reveals you're a moron?
>>
File: 1459127293523.gif (1MB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1459127293523.gif
1MB, 540x405px
>>54241471
>>54241467
It's fucking magic, are you expecting it to follow real world logic?

Does some wizard cast lightning bolt and then the lightning hits only the ground because that's how lightning works?

No, magic is the hopes and dreams of an autistic kid turned god who instilled that autism upon all who seek its power.
>>
>>54240002
Couldn't you use the level 7 EK perk to use a sword coast cantrip and sneak attack in the same turn?
>>
>>54241398
>>54241420
Sacred flame gives the creature no benefit from cover. You can give someone a holy burn through a window.

Also, water is not defined as cover anyway.

>>54241467
You can shoot bows and throw tridents underwater. The fireball just shoots a bead (delayed) or a streak then poofs into a fireball. It's not a grenade.
>>
what's the best adventure module?
>>
>>54241542
>if I call them opinions, no one will notice that they're rules.
>>
File: 0012-1277014064719.jpg (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
0012-1277014064719.jpg
10KB, 400x400px
>>54241088
>>54241005
>When everyone treats Lightning spells hitting water as double damage or disadvantage on saves
>When they've got all their ideas from videogames like FF
>When realistically water is a bad conductor of electricity
>>
>>54241574
This would be brilliant if you could ready an action to use GFB/BB, make a bonus attack and then cast GFB/BB as a reaction but unfortunately it doesn't work because GFB/BB can't be readied using a ready action.
>>
>>54241576
>It's not a grenade.
I'm glad you're caught up to where we all were several posts ago >>54241183
Given how the Fireball spell works in air, there's no reason it should be doing anything significant underwater.
>>
>>54241587
I like In Dire Need from AL season 5
>>
>>54241572
the odd thing is following logic halfway. it makes sense to either say that water has no effect on the fireball, or that water has the usual effect, but having half the usual effect is the strange part.
>>
>>54241316
May I kindly suggest that you fellate me?

I acknowledge my own cancerous habits. I'm simply looking for interesting mechanics in this edition.
>>
>>54241587
Storm Kings thunder, Curse of Strahd is the general consensus, but I loved Lost Mine of Phandelver.
>>
File: come on now guiding moonlight.png (532KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
come on now guiding moonlight.png
532KB, 800x584px
So that's it, my players are about to fight a vampire. I'm planning him to have a flaming greatsword and a full plate, and the ability to teleport up to 40 feet. Any ideas on how to spice him up?
Curren party composition, party is lvl8:
Pam paladin
Ranger
Sorc
Cleric
Bard

Vampire fights for FREEDOM, LIBERTY and war, just like the good 'ol days after that worlds' crusades.
>>
>>54241610
The fireball works as usual but the water cools the fire damage.

In that way, it has no effect on the fireball, only the damage.
>>
File: 1332918579837.jpg (411KB, 964x1268px) Image search: [Google]
1332918579837.jpg
411KB, 964x1268px
>>54241576
>You can give someone a holy burn through a window.

Now that you bring that up. I hope we all agree if you try to shoot a fireball through a glass window it'll explode outside right?
>>
>>54241604
But you can still do what I said, can't you?
>>
>>54241613
You'll appreciate it more if you do it yourself.
>>
>>54241171
Have you tried killing yourself?
>>
Would a totem barb with enough 4 levels in ranger to get an animal function well?

I'm playing out of the PHB if that matters. It plays in well to the character I want to play.
>>
>>54241599
PURE water is a terrible conductor, but you're never going to find that stuff in the wild. And even then, once you or anything else has been splashed with it, the shit (salts) on your armor and skin (or whatever else is being doused) mix in and now you're a lightning rod.

So splashing someone with a water or snow spell and then zapping them with lightning should totally give you the combo bonus.
>>
>>54241625
>fireball says a streak of fire goes from your finger to a point you indicate
No, your spell is going to bonk into the window and splash your face.

>>54241622
>giving a flaming weapon to a vampire
what are you doing
>>
>>54241625
Well fireball makes a small red bead that explodes when it hits something too hard.

So if the window was paper, I'd say you could throw the bead through it. Glass however probably not.
>>
File: 1331859647775.png (10KB, 178x178px) Image search: [Google]
1331859647775.png
10KB, 178x178px
>>54241681
>When there are no official rules so its all DM fiat with no consensus

Combo bonus? YOU THINK THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKING VIDEOGAME ANON
>>
>>54241724
>YOU THINK THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKING VIDEOGAME ANON
something something 4e
>>
File: 1356515887803.gif (469KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
1356515887803.gif
469KB, 500x307px
>>54241576
>water is not defined as cover
>water causes all melee and ranged attacks to have disadvantage and automatically miss past normal range
>btw water doesn't provide any cover
>>
>>54241698
the entire point of his character is that he's a madman in combat and literally doesn't give a fuck
>>
>>54241747
Cover never gives advantage/disadvantage
>>
What are the best Druid spells to use? Everyone knows that Wizards grab Hypnotic Pattern and Clerics take Spirit Guardians, what's the Druid's classic spells to prepare though?
>>
There any viable options for converting an enemy character forcibly into a combat golem or magical mutant monster that's under your control?

I'm intrigued by the idea of turning an enemy combatant into a customizable famliar.
>>
>>54241747
It's no surprise to me that you don't know what cover means.
>>
I've never really looked into this kinda stuff. How faggy is the Mystic UA? I know some people get really antsy about Psionics in D&D, but I'm looking for something new to try out.

Overpowered? Shit? Kys weeb?
>>
>>54241824
First of all your fetish is fucked.

Second I imagine it would be a process of mental reconditioning that involves hefty use of the Geas and Dominate Humanoid spells. GOO Warlocks could make a thrall to have control over.
>>
>>54241824
GOOLocks have the Create Thrall feature
>>
>>54241494
>A sleeping enemy grants no advantages to a ranged attacker. You have to walk up to gain any benefits, offensively, and that only for the first hit.

A sleeping enemy is out of the fight for the rest of the fight - unless another (intelligent) enemy wakes them up, which wastes both their actions, so win either way.
>>
>>54241831
There's no denying that as is, it's OP. It's not hard to fix though and they've even said on Sage Advice that they started strong and will dial the class back, rather then start weak and buff it in the end.

Right now there's a fair bit broken if your smart or a dick, what kind of Mystic did you want to play? Soul Knife, Immortal, Avatar and probably Awakened are all alright, the other two I'd avoid.
>>
File: 1377566896181.gif (674KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1377566896181.gif
674KB, 245x180px
>>54241828
Anon pls I was lampooning the inconsistencies with the very limited underwater combat rules.

Even shooting bullets into water they stop in a few feet.

>A bullet fired from an MG-42 machine gun (a very powerful firing weapon). The bullet leaves the gun at a staggering 3000 feet/second, yet it slows down and comes to a complete halt within less than a yard after entering the water (2.5 feet at the most)!

Realistically this is some kind of fucking cover if the DM wants it.
>>
>>54241630
It works, I suppose.
>>
>>54241882

I'm not sure, I'm just having a read now. I wouldn't wanna play something ridiculously overpowered and make my DM's life hell, so anything I should avoid?
>>
>>54241852
The waker uses their action. The other enemy then gets their normal turn. The amount of intelligence needed is debatable.

>>54241895
If a few feet of water is cover, then it's impossible to go swimming, because you can't pass through cover.
>>
File: 1374870127392.gif (2MB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
1374870127392.gif
2MB, 400x319px
>>54241916
>>
>>54241831
Kys weeb
>>
>>54241666
After such a slight? I'll have to attempt it promptly.
OR, I'll ignore the greasy neckbeard finger wagging me.

>>54241639
I'm sure I would, but I am looking specifically for ideas based in the game's mechanics to narrow down what I want to do.

For example, a while ago I found a feat called 'fell animate' in some 3.5e book and reading that feat gave me the idea for a frost-focused necromancer.

I was not looking to play a necromancer before that, but it piqued my interest.

I guess it doesn't make to much sense to ask here though.
>>
>>54241622
Give him a pet beast, like a Death Hound or even just a wolf.

[s]Or a chained up/collared Thrall/Slave[/s]
>>
>>54241895

Actually, arrows/bolts have much better performance in water because they carry much more kinetic energy than bullets.

It's why spearguns are a thing.
>>
What weapons to choose for revised Kensei? I was thinking longsword and longbow to start with, and picking up whip next.
>>
Any reasonable way to traduce monster CR to an equivalent PC level?

Like, a CR4 creature would equal what PC level and vice versa?
>>
>>54241979
>I guess it doesn't make to much sense to ask here though.
Of course not, everyone here hates fun.
Look at multiclassing a paladin with a bard or sorcerer, for better smiting.

>>54241991
True, arrows travel several feet before becoming useless. :^)
>>
File: omegaflare.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
omegaflare.gif
2MB, 640x480px
>>54241724
>he doesn't deliberately overtune his encounters so that the PCs seek out DUAL TECHS to eke out their victory
>his Fighters don't plant swords in their enemies and GTFO as the Wizard channels a Lightning Bolt into their chest-mounted lightning rod
>the casters don't alternate Cold and Fire spells to cause thermal shock and explode materials
>they don't douse an enemy with a maelstrom, flash-freeze it, then have a martial shatter the frozen foe with a giant hammer blow
>the beefy Barbarian doesn't pick the Fighter up by the ankles and swing him around to whirlwind attack everything in a 15 foot radius
>they don't use Thunder spells to set up a standing vacuum wave so that the Fighter and his sword are literally pulled through the air and their target with no resistance, followed by bloody decompression of the wound
>the martials don't stand on each other's shoulders with weapons out while the caster summons a tornado right on them and creates a bladed cyclone of whirling death
>they don't throw their robot companion into the air and use his chest-mounted laser cannon to ionize the air around targets and blow them the fuck up with explosive lightning

How the fuck do you even have fun in combat? Are you just doing shit like
>i swing my sword
>i cast fireball
>i shoot my bow
>i throw a chair without proficiency for 1d4+str
>i swing my hammer and then my spiritual hammer swings itself
>>
File: charile silvia.jpg (137KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
charile silvia.jpg
137KB, 1024x768px
>>54239461
Druid3/Rogue 2/Sorcerer 5/Monk 2
Take Mobile Feat
Total move per action should be 50ft.

Turn 1 cast Haste, quickened Spike Growth and Grapple with haste's extra action.
Turn 2 move 200 feet with Tabaxi trait and all your actions and 100 feet every turn after. That's an average of 20d4's per turn.

Alternatively be Ranger 8/Monk 2 or Ranger 5/Monk 2/Rogue 2 and have someone cast Haste on you

Turn 1 Spike Growth, Grapple, and cast Zephyr Strike on your bonus action.
Turn 2 attack to activate Zephyr's strike, increasing total move by 30, and move 240 feet with Tabaxi trait. That's 48d4's and whatever hit dice your weapon is on top of that, but Zephyr's strike ends when your turn ends so you have to keep recasting it, meaning subsequent turns you can only get 80 feet of movement (16d4 + your two weapon attacks as a ranger) on those turns.

Either way you can take 8 more levels in Monk to increase your movement another 10 ft.
>>
>>54241991
Kinetic energy is 1/2 mv^2. Speed matters much more than weight. I'm pretty sure the bullet has more energy. That said, an arrow's point will help it slice through the water with much less resistance.
>>
>>54242067
>cast Haste, quickened Spike Growth
Nope.
>>
>>54242046
CR is bullshit, here's a quick rundown on how to make an encounter
>does it one shot the player?
>no?
>make it an encounter
or
>does it oneshot a player?
>yes?
>does it have too much hp?
>no?
>make it an encounter

Done
>>
>>54242067
>he can cast two concentration spells at once
Tell me how to open my thirth eye?
>>
Did WotC give any new spoiler of what will be on XGE?
>>
GIVE ME A FUN CLASS IDEA

FUCK
>>
>>54242237
there's non
dead fucking game
>>
>>54242211
Pretty sure there's gonna be a picture of a beholder on the cover along with the title
>>
>>54241979
You could just read the book and see what jumps out at you. You should read the book anyway, if you're going to play. Too many people don't.
>>
>>54240430
>Warforged has a giant bracer covering his wrist

Goddammit Wayne apply yourself.
>>
>>54242237
Moon Druid and monk multiclass. Shapeshift into a bear and use martial arts.

Kung Fu Panda.
>>
thinking of going ancestral barbarian, which would work better: mountain dorf or earth genasi? Dorf 2 strength means i won't have 2 negative AS's, but pace without trace seems super fucking tempting too
>>
>>54242383
>implying Earth Genasi even have ancestors when they're descended from immortal rock elementals from another plane who they never talk to
>>
File: PaladinsCannotStealth.png (38KB, 902x514px) Image search: [Google]
PaladinsCannotStealth.png
38KB, 902x514px
I asked once this morning, but maybe the crowd has changed enough by now.
I remember seeing a homebrew class based around drawing cards from a deck and casting spells based on which cards you drew (higher cards = higher spell slots, or something like that).
The archetypes were based around different types of card games (poker, etc.).
Does anybody know what I'm talking about/where to find it? Maybe have a pdf?
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>54242419
Pretty sure you're talking about the Cardcaster class from that Touch of Class PDF from those guys who did that thing. It's too large to upload here, though.
>>
>>54241991
>>54242089
>>54241895
What matters is drag force.
If you move faster, there's more drag.
A bullet's flattened back also increases drag.

Essentially, you want as much energy as possible with a low a speed as possible.

Now, how about a fireball?
A fireball is in theory a magical force that has no drag in the first place, so this shouldn't be a concern, right? Not to mention, it isn't explained how it works. It simply 'blossoms' into flame, which could mean that it calls forth flame from a magical dimension in a 20ft radius.
The water then cools any damage caused by fire, magical or not, to reduce the damage.
>>
>>54242455
Touch of Class, from Those Guys who did That Thing
>>
File: MachineGunCuttingKatana.png (17KB, 490x366px) Image search: [Google]
MachineGunCuttingKatana.png
17KB, 490x366px
>>54242455
>>54242491
Doesn't sound right - I looked it up and the archetypes for that class are based on different tarot cards, not different gambling games.
>>
File: DnDCardplayerclass.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
DnDCardplayerclass.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>54242419
>>
File: RefluffingApparently.png (32KB, 701x713px) Image search: [Google]
RefluffingApparently.png
32KB, 701x713px
>>54242524
That's it! Thanks, anon!
>>
>>54242397
>"rare few have a genie further up their family tree, manifesting an elemental heritage that’s lain dormant for generations."
>not!viking tribe claims its founders to be the first mortal children of the dao or some shit, tribe is mostly human with the occasional earth genasi born of two humans that are claimed to be destined for greatness among the tribe, have the tribes ancestors, genasi and human, lookin out for them, ect.

i mean its rough but you can make it work
>>
File: damn rain.png (140KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
damn rain.png
140KB, 368x368px
>>54242524
>want to play an autistic card mage who shouts his out his every spell and card combination
>stuck forever dm
>>
>>54242046
anyone?
>>
>>54242870
As the person who asked for the pdf, I'm right there with you. I would never ask an online DM to allow me this autismfest, so I have to wait until one of my friends stops DMZoning me to play it.
>>
>>54242489
An arrow will stop drop off at about 10ft.

>Blossoms into flame
>Flame can't exist underwater
>>
>>54242979
>Flame can't exist underwater
And if lightning bolt wasn't using magical lightning it would do literally fucking nothing as you zap the ground below you.

So what's the problem?
>>
>>54243092
>he doesn't know the Wizard is ionizing the air between himself and creating a path of low resistance so as to direct the lightning towards them
don't you pajama-wearing casterfaggots go to school for this shit? what are they teaching you instead, dick sucking?
>>
Is 5e less Broken if you don't have Magic items?
>>
File: UA Encounter Building.pdf (143KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
UA Encounter Building.pdf
143KB, 1x1px
>>54242900
You can use this.
>>
One of my players was the youngest brother of royalty who was sent off to become a cleric and not compete as an heir. The family doesn't like him. I am going to have him return home soon, one of their traveling companions will want to make a quick stop over in the pcs families keep while on the road. What is a good event I could have happen to help redeem him in their eyes? I want to make this work since it's a personal quest but I can't help but think I'm forcing it. SKT.
>>
>>54243185
Assuming this isn't bait...
5e isn't broken. It's DEFINITELY not broken without magic items.
Probably bait, though.
>>
>>54243185
DMG magic items generally aren't good for balance, especially if you roll them randomly.

Make your own magic items to suit the campaign.
>>
>>54243225

What are some of the more outrageous ones?
>>
File: 1335509903393.jpg (76KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1335509903393.jpg
76KB, 500x375px
>>54243092
>Not striving for verisimilitude as a DM
>>
>>54242050

How do you come up with this stuff! I love it
>>
Looking for a bit of help here, anons. I know it's mentioned in the rules that if someone casts a spell that uses up a spell level slot, if they have the option to cast another one, it can only be a cantrip. But for the life of me I can't find it in the PHB. Can a kind anon give me a page number for it, please?
>>
File: 1337746975465.jpg (108KB, 1284x949px) Image search: [Google]
1337746975465.jpg
108KB, 1284x949px
>>54243198
>Giving your players personal quests
>Thinking they need their own personal character arcs

I want Critical Role to FUCKING leave.

>>54243263
He played Chrono Trigger and thought it was dnd.
>>
>>54243185
Magic items isn't the problem.
It's magic characters.
>>
>>54243280
Looks like we found the grog who rolls for ideals and bonds, then discards them because it gets in the way of muh pure dungeoning experience.
>>
File: spell.png (307KB, 465x274px) Image search: [Google]
spell.png
307KB, 465x274px
>>54243272

Specifically its bonus actions, i.e. misty step then lightning bolt can't happen.
>>
>>54243263
It's called, "removing the fun out of Chrono Trigger duo and triple tech moves by applying science to the equation."

I mean, literally one of the techniques has a girl throw an ally so hard/fast they go supersonic and he cuts them with a supersonic blade (Ayla and Crono's Falcon Hit).
>>
>>54243272
pg 202 friendo. Says you can't cast 2 spells on the same turn unless 1 is a cantrip.
>>
>>54243280
>he missed the Phantasy Star IV combos
Faggot
>>
File: vaca 252.jpg (74KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
vaca 252.jpg
74KB, 550x412px
>Be Forever DM
>Finally get to play when other player takes over DMing duties
>Make Illusion Wizard
>Get killed tonight, 2nd session in

Goddammit, does it always suck this much to lose a character? The DM said there's a chance I could get rezzed next session, but I'm feeling ambivalent. On one hand, I hate losing my dude, and all that work I put into making him, but he's definitely flawed (no AoE, shitty HP rolls).

Should I stick with it, hope my Wizard gets rezzed, and try to make him a more optimal character, or just say fuck it and do something entirely different?
>>
>>54243324
>When RAW imply you can cast a high level spell then bonus action but not the other way around
>>
>>54243345
>throw an ally so hard/fast they go supersonic and he cuts them with a supersonic blade
There's nothing in the PHB that says you can't throw allies at supersonic speeds.
>>
>>54243324
Thanks. I was DMing for my group the other day, and the group's Phoenix Sorcerer wanted to nova some guys super hard after seeing the fight at a tipping point, and he was already in his Mantle of Flame state. So he went Twinned Chromatic Orb: Fire into Quickened Scorching Ray and almost one shot the foes.

I didn't want to be a rules lawyer and override him on it after going full power Human Torch, so I let it slide. I just want to make sure for next time that I correct the ruling so he doesn't feel pressured to nova-img quite that hard, as afterwards he was basically spent and then got ganged up on by the surviving foes.
>>
>>54243375
>he played an Illusion Wizard and didn't spend every round of combat hiding inside of an illusionary box so that no enemy bothered attacking him through what is OBVIOUSLY full cover
RIP
>>
>>54243423
Pretty sure you cant double meta magic in 1 turn either.
>>
File: 1344656358765.jpg (55KB, 900x810px) Image search: [Google]
1344656358765.jpg
55KB, 900x810px
>>54243375
>Be forever DM
>Finally get a chance to play in one of your players games
>No restrictions anything goes
>Make a Mystic
>Spend the entire game making the DM rage
>"What you don't like me growing wings and doing 5d8 damage with no save every turn?"
>This is why we don't use UA Bob, I hope you've learned your lesson
>>
>>54243478
>have had two Mystics in my games so far
>they're not faggots
>hasn't been a problem
>would just tone them down if they were, since it's UA and rebalancing is the point
feels great being a competent DM with good friends and not an angry nerd
>>
>>54243466
I double-checked, it's only not using two Metamagic powers on the same spell unless the Metamagic allows it (of which, only Empowered Spell lets you use another Metamagic on the spell).
>>
>>54243280
>too self absorbed to make the characters feel important in the world and let your players have a good time as they slowly become literal gods
>all they do is kill shit and there is no recognition or consequence
>playing in a lifeless world full of nothing but meat bags that need killing

Okay
>>
>>54240307

At low level, BM are both powerful and capable of oblique tactics.
>>
>>54243530
>Allowing your players to become literal gods
>Not ending every campaign at level 12

I know D&D is for the fucking tumblr market but I'm not interesting in fellating my players nor enabling their weird power fantasies.

Death is real. You are not as powerful as a Dragon. This isn't Critical Role.
>>
How is avatar mystic? I like some of the mystic disciplines and would be willing to gimp myself for some of the interesting play styles that mystic can provide. Notably, the commander one that lets you give allies advantage and help them maneuver looks like a lot of fun.
>>
>>54239995
I've played through SKT and OotA (I actually played through OotA twice with two separate groups) and loved them both, but I felt as though SKT tried to do too much with their open ended adventure, while OotA was both open as well as well focused and structured.

With that said, is CoS really as good as this poll is suggesting? I'm looking for a new book to run through after I finish with TftYP and CoS was one of the two options I was juggling, the other being SKT (since my current group has not played through it as far as I know). The only reason I'm not considering the new book that comes out in September is because I have a friend who wants to run that himself for our group and I don't want to step on his toes by planning to run it too.
>>
>>54243508
I haven't checked in a while. As a sorcerer player it feels nice to nova but you really arnt pushing that much more damage than everyone else, especially because you are forced down to you cantrips all the time. It does feel good when the party asks you to do all you can to a boss and you do crazy amounts of damage. Sorcerer is still just a crappy wizard.
>>
>>54243558
Level 12 still puts your players into the level of international superstars.

If you are really so delusional that you won't let your players progress beyond that if that is what they want, you're the one with a power fantasy and need to stop dming.
>>
File: 1346304490736.jpg (75KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1346304490736.jpg
75KB, 720x960px
>>54243593
>Not realizing all the official campaigns stop between 10-15 for a reason.
>>
>>54243563
Its not bad. I use it to basically be a fighter that boosts his party as much as possible. Everything wants concentration so that's a pain choosing what to give to your allies. But usually the extra 1d4 melee damage and initiative makes everyone happy.
>>
>>54241185
I made a hunter 4 / battlenaster 6 for a one shot and i was the most effective pc.
I took hordebreaker and cbe and ss. I never used the extra damage from ss tho.
aaracokra are fun
>>
>>54243457
>>54243478

Great. But what should I do?
>>
>>54239954
Afraid to ask anywhere else, where are the greentexts? Are they in the general here or are they a separate thread? All I ever see are that guy stories. Where are the interesting moment ones like sir bearington etc?
>>
>>54243605
>not realizing that levels 15-20 exist

Sorry anon, that's a flawed argument, like the rest of your points
>>
>>54243640
>not realizing that levels 15-20 exist

What's your point? The story ends before that. Nor are most people interested in playing the same character for another year to gain a few more levels.
>>
>>54243574
Trying to nova with a Sorcerer is idiotic, really. Unless you're a Sorlock, about the best you can do single target is (Magic Initiate) Hex then fire off a few upcasted Scorching Rays.

You should, however, totally be quicken+normal using your attack cantrips, and burning slots to replenish SP between battles. Good sorcerers call this "a day in the office".
>>
>>54243627

That Guy threads are more likely to have greentext stories than here. /5eg/ is for discussing DnD 5th Edition. Usually greentext stories have their own threads made specifically for them. Welcome to /tg/ and enjoy your stay, summerfriend.
>>
Is seeking Immortality always evil in D&D?
>>
Nature Cleric or Land Druid?
>>
>>54243669
>I only play official published campaigns
>leveling up 5 times takes a year
>>
>>54243558
>>54243280
>constant critical role bitching on /tg/

I hate this meme and want it to end
>>
>>54243375
>get to join a player's game
>regret it because of the self-proclaimed leader and his need for everything to revolve around him
I was a fool to not pay attention to the red flag.
>>
>>54243669
You can't just dismiss 1/4 of the potential leveling curve because you don't like it. Just because you aren't looking to be creative, have a higher power level, design your own campaigns, and play things on the "epic" scale doesn't mean there are some people that DO want to. What would you do if one of your players said "I can't wait to see what comes after this big bad, I wonder if his scheming goes any deeper" or "I wonder what other bigger threats are out there"? Would you just say "no, this is where the universe ends"?

My only point here is you are free to dislike it, but don't cock block your players because you don't like it. Both parties should be enjoying the game and sometimes that means compromising.
>>
>>54243555
I'm not sure I understand your perception of fun. To me:
spell casting + being an invincible rapebear > than dude who hits things for a little extra damage and maybe unties their shoe laces at the same time
>>
>>54243375
What did you do to get killed?

You probably failed to understand how a wizard plays.

Also,
>rolling for hp
>>
Trying to come up with an offensive feat for one of my players. He wants to play a longsword wielding EK fighter with no shield.

I was thinking of something that allows him to use a bonus action to make an extra attack or something, while still being a bit versatile.

Any suggestions?
>>
File: 1387713305322 (1).png (124KB, 373x344px) Image search: [Google]
1387713305322 (1).png
124KB, 373x344px
>>54243711
>Only playing the latest magnum opus solely written by StarFox69
>Actually falling for the >muh narrative meme
>Not following the session x level rule
>Want to go from 11 to 12
>12 sessions etc

>>54243732
>Thinking I'm forcing them to play my game
>Thinking they don't ask me to DM

I get it anon, you have a lot of pressure to be Matt but you aren't. Mature players accept the fact that different DMs have different styles.

One table will only allow standard races, another will let someone play Half-Orcs. One table will only run low magic, and one table will only play the books etc etc.
>>
File: Winding Down.jpg (64KB, 736x547px) Image search: [Google]
Winding Down.jpg
64KB, 736x547px
>>54243669
>>54243640

Different Anon, I get the point about not wanting to play the same character too long (I retired my fighter after finishing OotA), but just because the book ends at the level 10 - 15 range does not mean that you shouldn't keep playing the character. I assume they end the adventure at that level because I'd be hard to write an adventure that went all the way to level 17 - 20 without bogging down the story or needlessly dragging it out. With that said, you could use the officially released expeditions and modules to extend the story to level 17 - 20.

With all that said though, It ultimately depends on the characters / players. If they want to retire and make new characters, let them. If they want to keep trucking until they could form their own nation with their might and riches, let them. It's all about the fun of the journey.
>>
>>54243744

We're doing SKT. The guy playing the Paladin had to leave, but the rest of us wanted to continue. I suggested to the DM that now was as good a time as any to try going off book. He came up with a situation where the 3 of us who remained (myself, the Druid, and the Fighter) got ambushed by a group of 12 Orcs and an Eye of Gruumsh. The path ahead and behind was blocked by burning, knocked-over trees. I kept the Eye engaged using Phantasmal Force, but with the way back blocked, there wasn't much of anywhere to go. I got cut down, failed one of my death saving throws because the druid decided to use an AoE in my vicinity, and died there. They got cut down and captured. The DM admitted afterwards he went a bit overboard, but if I had been a blaster caster I think we could have had it easily in hand. That's why I'm thinking of switching to something with a higher DPS.
>>
File: 1392535223092.jpg (83KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1392535223092.jpg
83KB, 1024x768px
>>54243806
>>
>>54241933
> That's the joke.jpeg
>>
File: 1437201127066.jpg (2MB, 1400x2120px) Image search: [Google]
1437201127066.jpg
2MB, 1400x2120px
Do you ever keep your players different levels?

I've had a player away for the past month, and in that time the players got a new level without his character.

We are doing milestone, but it might be interesting to keep him a level behind for at least one or two sessions til he achieves something.

We're all bffs he won't cry over it
>>
>>54243817
Did you purposefully not take fireball?

But still, sounds like you need a mobility thing there to get away from the speed of the orcs. Expeditious retreat or fly or, heck, even jump could help there, among other things. It sounds like an open area against a large number of enemies that would down you and then rend your unconscious body intwo in a single round and thus you'd have to get a good ~70ft away before making yourself a target.

In any case, I don't think rolling a blaster caster is going to change much. A wizard's burst damage with fireball is almost the same as a fire sorcerer's, better than a cleric who does their damage over time and better than a druid who'll be wildshaped, buffing, polymorphing or whatever. Warlock has more consistent damage with eldritch blast, but that's.. Eh. If you want to be a true blaster caster you'd be a sorlock if you were allowed to get away with it.

But whatever, you're not here for advice on what class to pick, I'm sure.
>>
>>54243706
Seeking immortality is selfish and selfishness is usually associated with evil.
>>
>>54243937
By that logic, going to the doctor is an evil act.
>>
>>54241294
Warcaster feat allows you to use cantrips for opportunity attacks.
Green Flame Blade and Booming Blade are cantrips from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide book. Look 'em up.
>>
>>54243920
For what purpose? Levels are just a mechanic, forcing your player to be benhind in a powerlevel for a long time sounds like a no-fun for that guy. It's also pretty fucking meaningless, if you have magic items and other gear as a reward.
>>
>>54243937
Selfishness is practically the definition of evil in 5e terms.

>>54243958
Doing what you need to do to survive is hardly usually considered 'selfish'.
>>
File: 1466430443063.jpg (50KB, 433x469px) Image search: [Google]
1466430443063.jpg
50KB, 433x469px
>>54243964
>Levels are just a mechanic
>>
>>54243972
Isn't Immortality ensuring your own survival?
>>
>>54243987
It's vastly unnatural, whereas a doctor visit is only slightly unnatural.

It's similar to some cases where someone may say that healing someone who's dying is fine, but bringing them back to life is bad.
>>
Call Lightning + Wildshape into a spider or something.

Assuming I have something stopping them from leaving the area, is there any non-DM bullshit way for me to be stopped?
>>
>>54240283

Is this the new "the sun doesn't generate sunlight"?
>>
>>54243706
>in D&D
Alignments are bullshit and as a DM I ignore them.
>>
File: peakBarbarian.jpg (15KB, 369x164px) Image search: [Google]
peakBarbarian.jpg
15KB, 369x164px
This is a barbarian at peak performance.
>>
Does anybody have any of the PDFs from the Touch of Class kickstarter?
>>
>>54244019
the enemy starts lobbing AoE spells everywhere.
>>
>>54243958
Operative word is, "usually".
>>
>>54243937
>>54243706

Seeking immortality = seeking power.

Immortality is neutral on its own. It depends on your motivations. If you want immortality preserve or protect something, that's good. If you want immortality to conquer the world, that's bad.

Seeking immortality for its own sake is similar to seeking power for its own sake. It's selfish at best, evil at worst.

Like power in most forms, immortality tends to corrupt. The longer you live, the more likely you are to fall to evil. Immortal beings often become more selfish, uncaring, xenophobic, and even cruel over time.
>>
File: Milhouse Camo.png (191KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
Milhouse Camo.png
191KB, 500x377px
>>54243932

Yeah, I was purposefully trying to focus on the whole Illusion thing, and try and play a totally different kind of wizard from what my other players had done. I wanted to be like pic related.

Thanks for the advice. Getting fly wouldn't be a bad idea.

Warlock is starting to sound interesting for its flavor, if not its limitations. Is the consensus that they're still underpowered?
>>
>>54244095
Why though? If lightning started raining down from nowhere why would you assume that you should Fireball everything?

This is assuming that I sneak up on them, if I cast and Wildshape in combat then that's fair, but sudden storm killing everyone isn't reason to throw more death around your friends. Unless the Wizard's mentally retarded or something I guess, then that's fair.
>>
>>54244151
You didn't mention that in your original post. Would have been nice.
Context is important. Also, I can't think of any reason for them to suspect, myself.
>>
>>54244145
Well, I suppose it's really more the character design not being optimized leading to death there than you, then.

Pure warlocks play fine, though they can feel a little lackluster. With repelling blast, however, they do have an interesting role in that they push enemies a lot constantly, whether for being a firing line, breaking grapples, shoving an enemy into an AoE or whatever. Also at higher levels warlocks start to finally get more spell slots.
>>
>>54244170
My bad, it just seems like such a bullshit thing to do but I might save it for next time we're hopelessly outmatched.

Though we are fighting a dragon soon... maybe I'll hide 100feet away and use this trick.
>>
>>54243672
>Trading a fireball for 1.5 cantrips.
You might as well cast Witch Bolt.
>>
>>54243786
Grappler is the feat for the one-hand-free style. Yep,it's that bad.
>>
>>54244137

What if one wanted immortality just so they could wander the world and see everything that dwells within?
>>
>>54243806
>Not following the session x level rule
>Want to go from 11 to 12
>12 sessions etc
There's a reason the XP stalls at 10-11, then speeds up for 12-20.
>>
I know some people who I think would really enjoy DnD but seem put off from what they think they know of the game (nerds in the basement, cheetos, yadda yadda).

How should I approach DM'ing for them? It's my sister, her boyfriend and their friends. My sister has no attention span or interest in this kind of stuff but is very social and fun loving. Her boyfriend is a LotR kind of guy and has expressed interest in the game.

Should I make characters for them? Should I keep the rules and explanations simple?
>>
>>54244370
Your sister won't enjoy it if she has no attention span. If she can watch a nerd movie like LOTR and hold her attention to it she'll be able to play. If she has to look at her phone during 80% of the movie she'll find it boring and be disconnected.

If you're gonna run a game for them make it up front that they have to at least pay attention. As in no phones. I'd make characters but don't fill out the racials. Let them choose what race they want to be.
>>
>>54244370

I just got my brother and his wife to play D&D with me finally, and they had a good time, despite being the sorts of people who would never play on their own.

Use premade characters suited to their temperament. Don't overexplain the rules at the beginning, just ask them what they want to do, and then tell them how to do that specific thing. They'll pick it up as they go.
>>
>>54244151
The spell requires a verbal component, so a perceptive foe could hear you cast the spell at 100 feet. They would know the storm isn't natural.
>>
What would your backstory for a Goliath arcane trickster be?
>>
>>54244443
Kicked out of tribe for too many practical jokes
>>
>>54244242
Yeah, but I've trying to homebrew one, and I was sorta expecting to brainstorm something.
>>
>>54244407
She can watch LotR and check her phone about 60% of the movie, so I think she'll be ok.
>>54244414
Thank you.
>>
>>54240409
loremaster is exactly what i wanted that to be. fuck fire, i want a giant lightening ball. or a bigby's hand made of lightening. or magic missile, but lightening! but i know every other fucker playing it will just metagame the fuck out of it while i shoot out cone of lightening.
>>
I'm used to pathfinder so I don't really know how things work in 5e, but is it possible for any classes to become only single attribute dependent through feats/class options/etc?

In pathfinder this was possible through feats, traits, and archetypes, so I was hoping I could do something similar in 5e as well.
>>
File: xp.png (200KB, 389x291px) Image search: [Google]
xp.png
200KB, 389x291px
>>54243920
>Not realizing wotc want you to punish players for not attending
>>
>>54244564
Any full casters is going to be basically SAD (AC and HP notwithstanding, but you never want to be in a position where those matter). Rogues are SAD by default, needing only dex. Fighters can be SAD if you go ranged.
>>
>>54244508
Is she at least capable of thinking and performing basic math at all? Not that guy but I would take his warning to heart. No offense to your sister and all, just saying if she's not actually going to try that she should just sit there and watch or something.

Had a girl like that in our Pathfinder game. She would come with her boyfriend but it seemed like she was the one who really wanted to be there as she would show up even when it was known he wasn't going to. Despite this she was completely incapable of doing anything. Never paid attention to a single thing. Every turn she wanted to hold action even though she was never going to do anything. She was the party's healer at the time so all she had to do was heal people and she couldn't think of that. She was literally incapable of doing any sort of roll without someone else adding everything up for her.
>>
Is there an anthropomorphic bee race? Can I turn into a bee? Can I summon a swarm of bees? Can I have a giant bee as an animal companion? What class should I be if I want to make potions for my team out of the honey my bees make?
>>
>>54244662
This is a problem with a lot of women in my experience. I'll give her a calculator if it's really an issue. I just thought it would be fun to share this part of my life with my family. Even if it's a casual affair.
>>
>>54239954
What are the best bard spells and why? Level three bard here going for a damage bard.
>>
File: beeman_p8.gif (102KB, 432x533px) Image search: [Google]
beeman_p8.gif
102KB, 432x533px
>>54244696
>>
>>54244206
Witch Bolt is trash: 1d12 initial per spell level.

But a 2d10+5 cantrip is solid. It's not Sorlock, but doublecasting cantrips is comparable to what non-GWM/SS martials output.

Which I guess just shows how much GWM and SS skew the math of the game. It's almost as if the game wasn't balanced around those two feats.
>>
>>54239978
https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/883555367279443969
I am so ready for the disappointment. Fuck you, Mike, and fuck your shitty 2e-esque initiative
>>
>>54244755
it's probably because they describe feats and variant human as "optional" mechanics, but no one would ever play a game without those.
>>
>>54244722
you dont bard for damage
>>
>>54244722
>damage bard
>>
File: bee.jpg (21KB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
bee.jpg
21KB, 400x304px
>>54244696
>>54244735
>>
>>54244710
5e isn't that complicated. The main problem was this girl was slowing down the game, and was literally incapable of any sort of higher brain function at all. I don't know if I've ever met anyone dumber.

I'm sure your sister isn't that dumb so if you can at least get her to pay attention on her turn in combat it will probably be fine.
>>
asked for class suggestions, got given the typo bardbarian, how do?
>>
>>54244787
It's funny: I used to think "well, martials are supposed to be good at dealing direct damage, let them have those feats."

But then I mathed them out and it's like a 40% increase in DPR. For the cost of 1 AC and worse DEX saves. It's absurd. It curtails options so much, because Sword & Board builds have to be then thought of long and hard to be anywhere near on the same ballpark of effectiveness vs trade-offs, and dual wielding is just taken a dump on for non-Rogues.
>>
>>54244564
The only SAD characters with usable AC are Dex characters using medium/light armor and Str characters using heavy armor
>>
>>54244787

Variant humans are banned in my games. The only people who want to play human are those who ACTUALLY want to play a human and not minmax trash.
>>
>>54244054
Are you referring to his max HP or current HP? Because the highest HP a barbarian can have (assuming you take the average of 7 +con when you level up & the Tough feat) would be 365. The only way to improve upon this number would be to: Get the Berserker Axe, Get the Boon that gives you a flat +40 HP, and read a manual of bodily health after you reach level 20 in barbarian. That would give you a +60 HP total for a grand total of 425.
>>
>>54244909
do it
>>
>>54244909
Not a good idea.

If what you want is the flavor, College of Valor and College of Swords can be played decently as Skalds, but the actual multiclass just doesn't work very well.

Can't cast spells while raging, so little to no sense in dipping Bard.

And you could conceivably ignore Rage and just dip Barbarian for proficiencies and Reckless Attack, but Bard doesn't do this kind of melee focus very well, and makes you MAD through requiring STR for RA.
>>
>>54244696
>bee questions
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there are no official giant bees only wasps (whats worse, I don't think you can get one as a companion either). There is a generic swarm of insects, but no one had the forethought to make it specific to bees. Any spellcaster class could brew potions but it may or may not be reasonable depending on crafting houserules.

I once played a Beegirl in a non-DND game. She was basically a farmer and a merchant, but thought of herself as a queen as such had the absolute worst manners and pissed off as many entitled NPCs as possible. She would withhold services [honey, mead, and baked goods with honey] until taxes were collected.
>>
>>54244989
I'd just play half-elf, the next best thing.

Basically just a human but prettier, and with better stats and resistances than standard human.
>>
File: 1356905210263.jpg (218KB, 479x640px) Image search: [Google]
1356905210263.jpg
218KB, 479x640px
>>54244989
>tfw you ban all the non standard races and strongly encourage everyone to play Human
>tfw want to ban Human Variant because its broken but I kinda asked for it
>>
>>54243920
We have a guy who's like 8 levels higher than anyone else due to a lucky draw from the deck of many things giving him a boatload of experience. This has actually increased the tension because the DM pretty much singles him out since he's OP, and because he's the frontline fighter when he goes down you know shit's gotten real.
>>
>>54245033
and proficiency
>>
>>54244989
What if someone wants to come into a game with a specific type of job/role that is part of their backstory?

For example I would choose variant human if I wanted to be some kind of ex-sheriff, or a private investigator styled character taking the Investigator feat. Come to think of it, nearly all the feats in the "Feats for Skills" section can cover this area, and very few of them are powerful in any real sense. Would you keep a hard line ban up against someone who wanted to do this?
>>
>>54245033

Too bad half-elves are banned in my games, too.

You can play a high elf, a wood elf, or whatever brand of full-blooded elf you want. You can be Legolas but you can't be Elrond.
>>
>>54245067
So what you're saying, is that your party has gained a jobber?
>>
>>54245093
Everyone get 1 free feat? No need for Variant Human bullshit anymore.

Obviously, with the exception of PAM and CBE
>>
File: 9212715-Robot-cook-Stock-Photo.jpg (98KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
9212715-Robot-cook-Stock-Photo.jpg
98KB, 1300x1300px
I'm looking to make a Warforged who was created to be the personal chef of a very powerful powerful wizard.

What sort of class would you pick for a character like that?

Artificer seemed like a good idea because I could flavor his alchemist abilities as food items, but I hear artificer is pretty bad. Ranger was a thought, since he would likely be good at hunting and foraging for ingredients. Druid is also an option, since it's likely he grew his own fruits and vegetables at one point or another. Maybe a warlock who made a deal with a demon to become the best chef of all time? I'm not sure what else could work but I'm still new to 5e so I don't know what my options are.

Please help me.
>>
>>54245093

I give everyone a free feat at level 1, only banning certain feats like Lucky, GWM, SS, etc. until level 4 where you have to choose between the feat or an ASI.
>>
>>54245111
Oh not at all. The man get so much damage between being a fighter a cleric and a half-orc it's not even funny, and a shitload of health too, which makes it all the more horrifying when he goes down.
>>
File: 1497824305531.jpg (90KB, 799x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497824305531.jpg
90KB, 799x1000px
>>54244801
>>54244800

If not for damage then what spells should I take? our rogue died and they opted me to take the damage slots
>>
>>54245066
Did you ban all the non standard races for specific setting / campaign reasons? I can not think of a reason to ban any non standard race other than setting / campaign reasons. Most are pretty well balanced.
>>
>>54245122
Fighter with proficiency (or Rogue with Expertise) in Artisan's Tools for cooking.
>>
>>54245147
bard is best at support. at least until you can loot like swift quiver or something.

I guess if you want damage you could loot eldritch blast and hex, but you wouldnt be getting the most out of EB. you could also just loot something like fireball and a damaging cantrip but again, youre wasting the best part of a bard and thats the utility. What else is in the part?
>>
>>54244722
>>54244801
>>54244800
>Valor Bard
>Level 10 magical secrets: Swift Quiver
>2 attacks per action, 2 attacks per bonus action

Damage Bard.
>>
>>54245194
note >>54245183
>>
>>54245147
Damage Bard is taking Swift Quiver at 10th.

That's it. That's the best you can do besides Fireball at 6th for a blasting option if the group is lacking.

Now, if you bring multiclassing onto the table, then Shillelagh at 6th and then MC into Paladin, getting PAM at 10th and becoming a pretty solid combatant when you get Aura of Protection at 12th.
>>
>>54245113
It is quite odd that they didn't do this in the first place. Starting with at least 1 feat gives personality to the character. On the other hand some feats are dumb to have at level 1. Perhaps there would be room to have certain feats marked as "starter" feats that are the only options at level 1, but still able to be taken later.
>>
>>54245194
>Level 10 magical secrets
>Level three bard
You know, if they get to 10th level it won't really matter if he's optimized for damage or not
>>
>>54245194
You know, now that I think about it, a level 11 fighter gets 3 attacks per action, and 1 attack per bonus action. Same number of attacks as Valor Bard but a level later, and without the massive amount of utility that comes from the Bard class.

...I'm starting to think this guy is onto something
>>
>>54245122
A bard who studies recipe books for the best recipes. He's researched all the best recipes in history, knows the favorite meals of ancient powerful kings, etc.
Maybe he cooks in front of everybody in a performance style, like a hibachi steakhouse chef. Flips egg shells into his hat with a spatula and since it's a fantasy world and no body is going to get sued he can juggle his knives and shit.

He can just juggle knives as his perform if it's during combat and then throw them.
>>
>>54245219
It's solid.

But Fighter gets Archery FS for +2 to attack, an Extra Feat, and Maneuvers.
>>
>>54245194
what about the college of swords? It basically makes me a swashbuckler.

>>54245183
The main thing is my party is a gunslinger and a goliath barbarian. So they don't need a whole lot of help, I'd like to help them out since I'm getting more spell slots but I need to be able to survive without them too ya know? Right now I got

>>54245206
That's pretty far away, my plan right now is to take Magic Initiate at 4th level and grab eldritch blast to start blapping mother fuckers. I got a longsword 1d10 of damage with 12 dex to back me up. Got some AMAZING Face bonuses for level three though. and I'm a Fallen Aasimar with Thunderwave as my backup.
>>
>>54245159
For racist reasons.

Walking around as a Goliath or Tiefling in a city will get you lynched.
>>
>>54245273
Sword Bard doesn't get extra attack, they get cunning flourish, which only works when you use sword flourish, which only works with melee weapons.

...I suppose you could throw things with that.
>>
>>54245291
>Walking around as a human but tall will get you lynched
???
And you know that not every Tiefling is red-skinned with solid-colored eyes, hoofed legs with whip-tails and horns that'd make a longhorn blush, right?
>>
Super noob here. My roommate bought the starter set several weeks ago and then I got the PHB and have read it a bit. We have two sessions under our belt at an Adventurers League with a very experienced DM. It seems like most of the other people we have been playing with are somewhat new too, but not as green as we are.

Anyways I forgot this place existed until last night and came by. Just now I was reading something someone linked from UA. I was aware of new races that weren't in the PHB like the bird people, elemental people, Goliaths etc. but I was just reading about all these new subclasses and revised classes and shit. Is all that legit? Fighter has like three times as many subclasses than is in the PHB like Samurai, Knight, all the archer stuff?

Could I use this stuff in Adventurers League?

I would also like to add just how much fun I've had in my two sessions. The most fun I've had playing any kind of game since I was a kid.
>>
>>54245325
People get lynched for having a different skin tone than the rest of the town, being part demon is at least as offensive.
>>
>>54245372
At this moment, nothing from UA is allowed in AL. Artificer and Mystic might become legal soonish, but no ETA for now.
Glad you liked it! Spread the word and spit in the faces of the gatekeepers here.
>>
>>54245372
AL is only PHB+1 supplement book.

No UA whatsoever except for Revised Ranger.
>>
>>54245372
UA and revised classes are unreleased playtest material that are NOT Adventurer's League legal. Do not despair however, this November a book is being released called Xanathar's Guide to Everything, which is essentially the full compilation of the best UA subclasses in their polished, final states. The subclasses will then be released content and AL legal.
>>
>>54245394
>No UA whatsoever except for Revised Ranger.
Wrong. They never said you could, they said down the line you might be able to.

People keep saying this and it's wrong.
>>
What's the difference between ranger and revised ranger exactly?
>>
>>54245449
Revised Ranger has some more front-loaded abilities along with a rework of how both Favored Terrain and Favored Enemy works.

They also overhauled the entire Beastmaster archetype so that the pet scales with the Ranger and gets some more stuff in exchange for the Ranger losing Extra Attack at 5th level.
>>
>>54245389
Okay that makes sense. I don't mind the vanilla-ness of AL at all since the whole world of DnD is new to me. I love it so much too, I just want to find more games to join in but no luck so far. Would be cool to find a cool group that plays at someone's house so we could have a few beers and get rid of the PG13 limit on roleplaying (the DMs very young daughter is playing with us. She actually does pretty well and in the first session had a hilarious bit where after we were all planning on how to get our toll back from some hobgoblins using minor illusions and stuff she Leeroy Jenkins'd it and discovered that most if the hobgoblins on the ramparts were just dummies when she thunderwaved a boulder and found a bunch of dead hobgoblins under it)
>>
>>54245396
Neat. I think I'll be picking that up when I can.
>>
Whats the best crit fishing build? I wanna have a good chance of critting and shitting out a ton of dice. Ive heard fighter 3/barb?
>>
File: 1497814000228.jpg (86KB, 1024x616px) Image search: [Google]
1497814000228.jpg
86KB, 1024x616px
>>54245301
Yeah they do, i dunno the College of Swords just seems like a better version of College of Valor if you're not going for an archer.
https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/04_UA_Classics_Revisited.pdf
>>
>>54245717
>>54245717
>>54245717
>>54245717

New thread
>>
File: GuildWars2-07-1280x1024.jpg (475KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
GuildWars2-07-1280x1024.jpg
475KB, 1280x1024px
>>54245684
Goliath Barbarian, take the Bar Fighter feat and win.
>>
>>54245720
that's the old version of Sword Bard. They revised it.

https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-RevisedSubclasses.pdf
>>
>>54245684
Barbarogue with Elven Accuracy (tons of dice per crit)
Champion 3 / Barbarian X with Elven Accuracy (tons of crits)
Vengeance Paladin 11 / Champion 3 with Elven Accuracy (tons of damage by smiting when you crit)
>>
>>54245394
They said you could use the next iteration of Artificer / Mystic though, since they need more testing done.

Inb4 it's one full year before next iteration.
>>
File: 1329178030523.jpg (28KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1329178030523.jpg
28KB, 320x320px
>>54245372
>New player
>Instantly wants to play bullshit untested subclasses
>Isn't happy with the PHB

Yep checks out 10/10.
>>
>>54245389
Not entirely true. The revised ranger is not only allowed but advised.
>>
>>54242107
This is bad advice to any DM.
>>
>>54244755
And your fireball is 8d6+5. I could see trading in 1st or 2nd level slots to deal more damage, but they still have good uses for defense or CC.
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.