[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Humans Campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: no_humans_allowed.jpg (39KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
no_humans_allowed.jpg
39KB, 500x299px
How would you feel if in a D&D5e game of unspecified setting the DM disallowed humans.

Not because they're not a part of the setting, but because of some other reason--there would be humans present in the campaign, but the PCs couldn't be one.

Just a THOT process I was going through, perhaps for a
>Racist-ass humans
campaign or something similar.
>>
>>54238732
If it's just gonna be the standard elves, dwarves, and halflings running around, then I'm out. The GM would need some custom races fleshed out to make it interesting. Nothing spectacular, just something that gets away from the norm a bit.
>>
>>54238732
It's a struggle getting my players to consider any of the core races because they're all too 'boring'.

That being said, I have run a Racist-Ass Humans game before, involving an underground resistance movement for non-humans who wanted equality. It went well enough.
>>
>>54238732
It depends on the premise, though I think I'd be fine with having a thematic party of races outside of human lands focused on some goal.

I would say that just doing elf/dwarf/halfling would be boring, and the ideal would be something like races from the underdark or more monstrous sorts that humans would have a reason to distrust, rather than it just being generic wood elves dealing with lumberjacks calling them knife ear every so often.
>>
>>54238863

Story time?
>>
>>54238836
>The GM would need some custom races fleshed out to make it interesting.
facepalm.jpg

I'm only allowing human PCs in my campaign, how does that make you feel?
>>
>>54239069
I mean, that's alright. Not really my cup of tea, but it doesn't sound horrible from just that alone.
>>
>>54239115
I honestly feel like any new player's first character in the setting must be human. They'll have a hard time absorbing the culture of their nation and lore of the world anyway, adding nonhuman expectations on top of that will just lead to 'humans with fancy ears'-type roleplaying.
>>
Honestly you don't have to resort to racist-ass humans. You certainly can go with it, but there are other options available. Really, you just need to make sure the theme of your game relates to the concept of everyone being non-humans. Be it about the power of diversity, or the idea of outcasts coming together, or different races learning to get along, as long as there's a thematic reason for your restrictions, it can turn out great.
>>
>>54238732
I did this. Not intentionally, mind you, but Volo's Guide had just come out and every single one of my players wanted to try out the fancy new non-human races, so I ended up running a no-humans campaign.
>>
File: 1489955421780.jpg (291KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489955421780.jpg
291KB, 706x1000px
That's actually in my fantasy setting. Humans are all but extinct and the few that remain are super powerful technoliches who rent their power out to various kingdoms or subjugate tribe and city states.
>>
So instead of humans, there will just be humans with pointy ears, short humans with beards, shorter humans with big feet and green angry humans? Wow, that will really change the game.
>>
Almost certainly dogshit from a dm who thinks he's better than he is
>>
>>54238732
>GM starts us off in his country of homebrew race
>says humans aren't allowed, they all got eaten by fey or some shit
>is legitimately angry when I'm the only one in the group that doesn't show up with a homebrew character
>tfw character is garbage the entire campaign due to not knowing the insider lore, but becomes a beast once GM quits and another player hijacks the party to a MtG campaign
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.