[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 43

File: HHG7.jpg (7KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
HHG7.jpg
7KB, 229x220px
Rolled 2 (1d26)

Nuke It From Orbit edition
Practical Superweapons subedition

Custodes showed up to inspect local recruiting, the Mechanicum were good at negotiating and a Lost Legion was apparently constructed of CCR fans. Planes decided to hold back out of a sense of fair play, and apparently so did the Primarchs. Horus messed up his pose and the Primarchs continue to be the wrong size. All this and more in the last thread >>54200834

>Thread FAQ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub ()
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
https://mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
>>
First for the Emperor.
>>
>>54231770
Honestly I'm seriously considering the name Fortunate Soms for the Lost Legion, despite the memery Golden Spiders just sounds...off?
>>
>>54231978
Good taste anon. For a special snowflake.
>>
>>54231978
Go with space spiders anon, have them ride into battle on giant spiders, accompanied by smaller giant spiders, wielding spider claws and wearing webcraft armour.
>>
>>54231978
>Fortunate Soms
>Soms
Really hoping that's a typo.
>>
File: IW20062017.jpg (674KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IW20062017.jpg
674KB, 1920x1080px
Post your badly painted armies. This is my progress so far this year.
>>
File: XanderTreidesAbeyant.jpg (8KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
XanderTreidesAbeyant.jpg
8KB, 238x212px
>>54232084
Oi! My schtick ;)

Still less irritating than the Salamanders or the Space Wolves, though, and they have quality theme music.

(Spess Whale is currently having it's atrocious wood paint job stripped, then I can start cyberneticing it in a couple days. In the mean time finishing the cyber-occularis.)
>>
>>54232039
What can I say? I like making shit up but half the fun of using an established setting is trying to mesh it well.

>>54232102
Typo on my part. Though, would Fortunate Suns be too much? I'm already toeing the line.
>>
>>54232061
>metallics
>offwhite covered in washes and weathering to hide mistakes
>not super easy

>hazard stripes
Yeah, straight lines are so difficult.
>>
>>54232438
You sound bitter, anon. Are you upset that space marines are easier to paint than your poorly recast mechanicum?
>>
>>54232531
Not the anon you're talking to, but Mech aren't actually that hard to paint given they tend to have comparatively little colour variation on the complicated bits. Just do them all in your favorite metal colour, wash and then pick out a few details in a contrasting metallic. Do robes, lenses and any glowy bitz or cables, then transfers.

It's just that as a guy transferring from 40k Admech and doing a couple Sons of Horus for base decoration, Space Marines are absurdly easy to paint unless your scheme is something like Lamenters. I'm almost tempted to do some Word Bearers just to enjoy painting them.
>>
>>54233250
What Forge World and colour scheme did you decide on for the beepboops?
>>
>>54233250
Everything is easy to paint if you don't give a fuck, though. You can paint any army with a rattlecan, a couple dots of complementary colors, and that awful army painter dip.
>>
File: Xana 2 Thanatar.jpg (178KB, 786x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Xana 2 Thanatar.jpg
178KB, 786x1038px
>>54233284
Xanatite, for the Cybernetica (Who will be a bit thin on the ground, basically an Archmagos honour guard, my Thallax and Magi haven't been delivered yet). Pic Related.
Black robes for the big cheeses, not sure on vehicle livery yet. Probably playing on Malinax.

>>54233294

Pretty much, but Marines can be easy tabletop standard with little more effort than that. I don't really begrudge them that, I've been relatively half-assing my 40k Mech for a few weeks to get them out of the way and onto HH.
>>
>>54231978
>>54232408
Sorry I keep filling up the thread with my big fan fanfiction, but things seem slow so I thought I'd bump with a question:
We know the Space Wolves were sent to murder other Legions, but would they be accompanied by other Legions?
I'm just thinking, since with Fortunate Sons (Suns?) are skilled with trap work and their home-world is a huge jungle with complex tunnel cities below, maybe they'd get the Death Guard in on the action, since they are good at reducing environments to mushy goop.
What do you fellows think?
>>
>>54234439
>but would they be accompanied by other Legions?
Walkies.
>>
>>54234439
Well, given the Wolves failed miserably at assaulting a small Legion who had turned off all their defences and were't using their main trick until about the half-way mark EVEN WITH CUSTODES AND TITANS, they'd sure as hell need some more help for a full-size and actually angry Legion.
>>
>>54234439
Stick with Fortunate Sons. Seconding that the SW would be accompanied by other legions (possibly even the Custodes) for backup because they're the HH jobbers, second only to NL, who are just not allowed to win.
>>
>>54234484
"Only the Emperor may scoop my poop!"
>Leman Russ, during an defication altercation in the Palace of Terra

>>54234546
>>54234581
Pahaha, maybe Death Guard and the World Eaters (for Zone Mortalis engagements in the tunnels) could help out? Though I feel this is something The Big A would crow about
>>
>>54234439
What kind of traps are you talking about? Because I thought the Iron Cage was a funny trap and IWs are fond of rigging emplacements to self destruct once the enemy bleeds to capture them.
False walls, hidden phos moats, minefields. Think of it as "prepared ground".
>>
>>54234546
>Well, given the Wolves failed miserably at assaulting a small Legion
They murdered them all though. Only 1000ish managed to escape through unavoidable warpfuckery. There were more TS at Prospero than SW.

It's not much of an accomplishment considering they
>had Custodes, SoS, Ordo Sinister
>had the element of surprise
>Magnus didn't help and ordered his forces not to fight back
But I wouldn't call the Burning of Prospero failing miserably.
>>
>>54234675
Thing is, given they wound up basically wiping them out anyway, could they not have just let the Titans do their jobs and taken way less casualties? Yeah, they won in the end, but when I saw the opposed forces and the situation I assumed that the logical thing to do would be bombard the other side of the planet with cyclonics and see if the Kine Shield would hold up when the planet is exploding. Or, failing that, land the gargantuan unstoppable siege nightmare-engines first, guard their asses and let them do their jobs rather than charging into the city like lunatics and getting owned by red bois.
>>
>>54234745
Sometimes I forget the order was changed from capture Magnus to kill everyone. Let the Titans do their work as the city burners they are.
>>
File: IMG-20170709-WA0024.jpg (1MB, 3600x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170709-WA0024.jpg
1MB, 3600x2160px
>>54232103
Everything I've done this year
still have to learn how to take a decent pic
>>
>>54234621
I'm imagining trip-wires that can cut into power armour, connected to krak grenades, pits with marine melting acid, kill zones up the fucking wazoo, real Viet-Cong shit. Plus, as I mentioned before, whole place is filled with thick jungle, the only clearings being for cities, with a large percentage of the population being underground in the tunnel cities.

Dunno how much that'd help matters, but their whole deal is traps and controlling enemy movement on the battlefield and they're on their home turf.
>>
>>54234745
>could they not have just let the Titans do their jobs and taken way less casualties?
No, because both the Legio Mortis and later the Ordo Sinister were occupied elsewhere dealing with the Zhao-Arkhaddian forge fane and its own Titans from Legio Xestobiax.
>>
>>54234745
>>54234803
Prospero. Another example of
>just hit the planet with a cyclonic torpedo
>>
>>54234869
>A
Only the biggest forgeworlds can build Titans, and Zhao is like a single city with a bit of underground shot, nowhere near the planet-spanning manufactoria that is required.
>B
I suppose it makes sense: let the Mortis be the anvil and the Sinistrae the hammer (their main power is regeneration though). That leaves infantry with the task of killing the city of entrenched wizards.
>>
>>54234869
Did you really need two Legio for that? Then have the Death's Heads hold them off, you don't need all of them when you have way more strength and Titanpower. Malinax can help, you just need to stand a couple Warlords off and pound away at the city.

> All three of them had fat, multi-loader missile pods on their backs, and two of them had additional missile packs slung as limb mounts. The combined onslaught would have levelled most small towns.

From Titanicus, and that's just the preliminary missile barrage from three Reavers. When it gets to close quarters with one Reaver and a Warlord you're expending "the entire arsenal of several minor wars". Just line up a Maniple (Half of Mortis' presence there) and tear the place down methodically, Xestobiax can tangle with the other 7 of Mortis, 5 from the Ordo Sinister and the Secutarii/Taghmata along with them. That should be a match for Xestobiax's dozen Titans, especially when you caught them cold.
>>
>>54235033
>Then have the Death's Heads hold them off, you don't need all of them when you have way more strength and Titanpower.
Ordo Sinister was supposed to support the attack on Tizca, then Xestobiax pushed Mortis' shit in and they had to rush over there and deal with problem.
>>
>Lorgar: Bearer of the Word out
How is it? Anyone done reading it?
>>
Speaking of Titans, I've been reading Titanicus and Holy Shit they are cool. What's your favourite Titan, anons? Personally I rather like the Reaver, and the fluff for them and the Titan Princeps is nicely grimdark. Anyone used on in an actual game?
>>
File: warhound.jpg (162KB, 800x619px) Image search: [Google]
warhound.jpg
162KB, 800x619px
>>54235547
I've always liked the more curvy warhound. It's got a nice predatory look to it which the square one lacks IMO.
>>
>>54235446
>Gav Thorpe
Why would anyone subject themselves to that?
>>
>>54235690
Yeah, it looks a tad sleeker. I'm actually slightly eyeing up the Miranda Irene Reaver Titan, which is £250ish plus weapons. Maybe for a Christmas present at some point. I know some people prefer the Lucius Titans, but they look to awkward and angular to me.

There's a Reaver in Titanicus painted in black-purple, but iridescent like insect carapace, which sounds cool as hell. No idea how you'd get that effect with paint short of murdering far too many beetles, though.
>>
>>54235446
Waiting for it to be uploaded. I'm not going to give miney to Gav
>>
File: IMG_0284.jpg (174KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0284.jpg
174KB, 1024x768px
>>54235547
In the past I owned two warhounds and they were utterly fantastic at just rampaging through lines and terrifying people. I would play them often in 40k and in big Apoc games they would live up to lore pretty well. I was a huge fan of how nimble they were.

Now I "only" own a Reaver as I got back into the hobby this year after a few years off. It's very killy and incredibly hardy. I've noticed it scares enemies much more and is more prone to just being pushed closer to death as it terrifies the enemy. It's up for debate on how much better it is than the tactical application of two Warhounds, but my use of the classic weapon loadout for it makes it very capable of shredding literally anything opposing it. On the rare times I'm asked to give it nothing but Turbo laser based weapons the D spam is terrifying and easily capable of ruining friendships. It'll peel through every unit around and its templates make absolutely short work of everything.

Tl;dr: They're AWESOME but are giant fire magnets. The bigger they are the more likely they are to terrify. Play them fluffy or they can piss people off.
>>
File: 2 and 11 comeback.png (215KB, 1439x1213px) Image search: [Google]
2 and 11 comeback.png
215KB, 1439x1213px
Who's excited to get some 2nd end 11th legion lore?
>>
>>54235863
Gimme a bit, I'm still writing the fluff for the Fortunate Sons!
>>
>>54235863
I unironically am. The whole "mystery" is asinine at this point. They've revealed so much that keeping them a secret just seems forced and arbitrary.
>>
>>54235969
they're still a mystery to me. Where has anything ever been said about those two legions?
How does cawl even know of those legions since they were stricken from all records?
>>
>>54236252
>How does Cawl
There's your answer, anon.
>>
>>54235832
I was thinking of either a Classic Loadout Reaver with optional Vortex Missile (Converted, of course) or a Turbolaser Warhound with either Megabolter or giant Flamer. No reason not to magnetize the joints, though, so not set in stone. What did the Warhounds use for yours, and what Legio were they?

They'd be working alongside Reductor and possibly Word Bearers, so I was trying to come up with a colour scheme that would not clash with green or red. Thinking the iridescent black I mentioned before, would make Legio Vulturum "Silver, black and white" more interesting than just "Black Templar Titan", or form the basis of a Kydianos scheme. I'm a tad worried I will never actually get the chance to use it, though, since the local GW has 2 4x4 tables total and I see no reason to assume the one in Bath (where I'm moving in around 18 months) would be any different.
>>
When does the exterminatus of Accazzar-Beta take place? When does the main (or overarching) part of Dark Compliance take place, for that matter?

Is it before or after Vengeful Spirit events, mainly.
>>
>>54236290
Also, a little annoyed that the Reaver model has the giant aquila-banner on the neck armour. I'm Renegade Mech, I'm sure as hell not displaying the Imperial Aquila OR a Chaos Star, I just want a Cog Mech.
>>
>>54236252
>How does cawl even know of those legions since they were stricken from all records?
Well he has been around since the Heresy or Scouring at least.
>>
>>54236290
My Warhounds were Legio Ignatum, but campaign colors of red and black with a single set of yellow/black stripes running down the right side of the faceplate; sadly I no longer have pics.

They were magnetized but usally armed with Vulcan Mega Bolters and Turbo Lasers. I did have a spare Plasma Blastgun and Inferno Cannon laying around for the occasional use of horde murdering.

Legio Vulturum would be a good choice too; invest in some Tamiya sprays for your iridescent shades.
>>
>>54235547
Reaver is probably my favorite pattern. Somehow I always think of their machine spirits as being mean and spiteful. Warhounds I generally think of as aggressive and predatory and Warlords as arrogant and prideful.
>>
>>54235863
Too bad this is all just a setup to have Chaos Primaris.
>>
>>54236252
>How does cawl
Because he's ceased to be a character and become a deus ex machina.
>>
>>54236252
Cawl is the deus ex machina answer to the question of "how can we sell truescale marines?"
>>
>>54236701
>>54236712

GW writing ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>54236252
We know their primarchs were found, we know they fought in the Great Crusade, we know they were eradicated for their crimes prior to the Horus Heresy. We also now know their gene-seeds are in stock.

Quite frankly, now that HH is a thing and we got people from HH era coming back or stepping more into the center stage, I'm with >>54235969, there's little to no reason for them to remain a mystery. You telling me daemon primarchs nor Girlyman have lost all memory of 2 of their brothers?

I can understand Abaddon and Bjorn not having any clear memory, since it's possible the legions were expunged before their time, and the Emperor probably doesn't want to talk about it, whenever he feels like having a chat.

>inb4 Alpharius and Omegon are the two primarchs, twins separated at birth, rescued by the real 20th primarch from their excommunication
>>
>>54236736
slow clap.avi
>>
>>54236677
>traitors get 11 legions

I doubt anything of note comes from this, other than you having the option to openly field a loyalist EC primaris army, etc.

If CSM are to get their own "primaris", it'd be surely through Bile's experiments. Maybe he acquires some of the primaris gene-seeds and manages to retrofit his own via daemonic means, giving traitors some big mean marines of their own, while not being just spiky primaris. They could even be equipped with some new daemonic battle plate.
>>
>>54236677
You mean you hadn't noticed that the new not-primaris death guard just happen to be as big as the new primaris?
>>
>>54236736
>this is the first time GW has introduced something new and important into the setting

Would have thought people had learned by now...
>>
>>54236562
"Inveniam viam aut faciam." I presume they were rather good at that. Ever had an Engine fight?

I know that my Titans would be scrapping with a Lucius Warhound, at least. Seems fitting, somehow.
The Tamiya purple-green looks about right. Says not to use on plastic, though. Will it work on resin? There's also the Spazstix ones, but they're a tad bright. I want it black with a coloured sheen, not bright blue/purple shiny.
>>
>>54236252
>>54236789

People forget that the Great Crusade was an age of heroes where the only times you would ever hear about the actions of other heroes of the age outside of their immediate zone of control would be through the hard toil of remembrancers or the Emperor's own edicts.

The Word Bearers were beneath the notice of others for the longest time. Alpha Legion was immensely secretive. Ultramarines didn't become a power worth nothing until after Guilliman was reunited with them. Death Guard were more known for their use of rad and chem weapons than for their campaigns. The vast majority of legions didn't give a care about what their other brother legions were doing, with notable exceptions like the Imperial Fists and the Thousand Sons.

Under the immense sea of change, the two lost legions were ultimately lost to much of the Imperium. Thats really all there is to it. But its clear that anyone who (A) participated in the Great Crusade (B) has functioning memory in m42 (C) and has supported the Imperium on a galactic scale would know about them.

Cawl is one such person, him probably being on Mars supporting the Imperial war machine for all 20 Legions. There might be others in Admech from that era, but they didn't keep promises to Guilliman for 10k years.
>>
>>54236890
On a few occasions, but mostly Eldar and Ork titans; the few times I fought Chaos Titans it usually ended up with the infantry finishing them or the Titans trading potshots as they worked on heavy infantry. The only serious engine fight I had was the two Warhounds set up with mixed loadouts fighting a Chaos Reaver loaded for anti-titan gear; while assisted by two ten man Lascannon squads from Dark Angels, so the Reaver didn't last more than three turns.

If the spray is a polycarbonate, you can use it, but make sure to properly google the how-to's if you don't want to fuck it up. You can also use semi-opaque sprays over black too. A clear blue and red over gloss black works well.
>>
File: brewers_blackbird_3.jpg (72KB, 425x332px) Image search: [Google]
brewers_blackbird_3.jpg
72KB, 425x332px
>>54237039
Thanks a bunch, anon. I'll probably ask /WIP/, I know there's a couple people there who have done something similar for Shiny Thousand Sons. Ideally looking for something a bit like pic related.
>>
>>54236789
Betrayer implies that the lost Primarchs are alive. Lorgar makes a comment pondering if Primarchs can actually die and then Angron reminds him of Ferrus. It seems bizarre that they'd both forget to bring up the two lost ones if they had been slain by Russ. It's not like they would have respected the Emperor's vow of secrecy at that point.

>>54236677
Chaos don't need Primaris because they already got their truescale marines. The rubrics and death guard are huge. They're only a dickhair shorter than Primarines. When the new generic CSM come out they'll be much bigger.
>>
>>54237132
They're alive purely because otherwise Russ would have actually done something in his life.
>>
>>54232103
>>54234838
how many points are these?
>>
File: Primaris-3.jpg (55KB, 989x610px) Image search: [Google]
Primaris-3.jpg
55KB, 989x610px
Would it be wrong to use bolt rifles for recce squad sniper rifles?

What about using the hellblaster plasma guns as plasma cannons?
>>
>>54238236
I think that would be cool desu
>>
>>54238236
>Would it be wrong to use bolt rifles for recce squad sniper rifles?
ya

>What about using the hellblaster plasma guns as plasma cannons?
na
>>
File: lordofiron.png (36KB, 1629x371px) Image search: [Google]
lordofiron.png
36KB, 1629x371px
Why are there more loyalist than traitor IW players?
>>
>>54231978
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40JmEj0_aVM
>>
>>54238419
Because being a loyalist is objectively superior in general.
>>
>>54238419
Because Pert is a horrible asshole and commands loyalty through fear and ruthlessness.
>>
>>54235547
The Nemesis class myself. It sounds like a halfway between a Warlord and a Imperator.

That or a Komodo because of the name.
>>
>>54238419
autists like steel donuts
>>
>>54238419
>easy canon justification
>cool loyal characters
>tard traitor characters
>loyalty is it's own reward
>>
File: Loyalist IronWarriors 1.jpg (115KB, 703x434px) Image search: [Google]
Loyalist IronWarriors 1.jpg
115KB, 703x434px
>>54238419
Because they a best.
Reminder the IW are the go-to loyalists from traitor legions for FW
>>
File: alphalegionExodus.jpg (71KB, 736x627px) Image search: [Google]
alphalegionExodus.jpg
71KB, 736x627px
I've been in a creative rut (not painting, playing guitar etc) and I want to do something to spark some creativity.

Thinking of writing a short story mid-Heresy involving the Night Lords and Alpha Legion.

Basically, it's an excuse for the two legions to out-spook each other with various uses of terrorism. Rough premise is that the Night Lords have come to a small industrial world looking to harvest supplies and sate some bloodlust en route to a more important system for war.

What they don't know, is this world is a recruiting center of the Alpha Legion who clearly won't let the Night Lords have their way.

Opinions?
>>
>>54238559
sounds good, would like to read it, not something that BL put out too often

that gun looks like shit though
>>
>>54238505
I mean, yeah, Dantioch is bro tier, but is he really that cool?

>>54238524
>RG are go-to traitors from loyal legions
I fully approve of this.
>>
>>54238646
bro tier is cool by definition, also Kyr Vhalen
>>
>>54238604
I saved it mostly as an Exodus reference. I would've used a necron weapon for the Instrument
>>
>>54238646
>Dantioch is bro tier, but is he really that cool?
He's the source of like half the IWxIF memes, so I'd say he's cool enough :^)
>>
>>54238646
Eh. RG aren't the first legion that come to mind for traitors from a loyalist legion.
>>
>>54238671
Is he really so cool that everyone has to try and copy his shit though?

>>54238724
Dantilux OTP
>>
Ranking for most canon (BL/FW appearances) of defectors from Primarch's allegiance in HH:

***Loyalists***
Dark Angels
White Scars
Raven Guard
Iron Hands (???)
Salamanders (???)
Space Wolves
Blood Angels
Imperial Fists
Ultramarines

***Traitors***
Alpha Legion
Iron Warriors
World Eaters
Death Guard
Emperor's Children
Sons of Horus
Night Lords (???)
Thousand Sons
Word Bearers
>>
>>54238797
>Alpha Legion
>traitor
Your first mistake.
>>
>>54238847
Alpharius pls. If you stopped slurping up the Cabal koolaid, maybe your hateboner for Girlyman would bring you back to life.
>>
>>54238767
>RG aren't the first legion that come to mind for traitors from a loyalist legion.
>RG aren't the first legion
>first legion
I see what you did there and I approve.
>>
Sangy when?
>>
File: BFG_SpaceMarines_DarkAngels.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BFG_SpaceMarines_DarkAngels.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Love BFG
>Used to have a massive Ultramarine fleet
>Praying we get a revamp or a HH variation soon

Just let me have my Imperial Fist fleet in themed missions. FUCK.
>>
How can people stand playing marines when the power armour models are so ugly? You either have to choose gangly resin lanklets or stumpy plastic crouchers. Only the BoP mk3 is any good.
>>
>>54239449
Shit taste detected
>>
>>54239449
By not playing Marines.
>>
File: Armor comparison notes.png (589KB, 1452x546px) Image search: [Google]
Armor comparison notes.png
589KB, 1452x546px
>>54239493
It's the only mark with reasonable proportions. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>54239046

GW has officially stated that a Horus Heresy BFG is in the works.
>>
>>54239567
No one cares about reasonable proportions. It's fucking science fiction with giant super soldiers.
>>
File: leg-day.jpg (71KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
leg-day.jpg
71KB, 720x960px
>>54239608
>wants giant soldiers
>with twig legs
>>
>>54239608
>giant super soldiers
That's the whole point. Wouldn't you want your models to look like super soldiers instead of anorexic supermodels?
>>
File: rsz_christmas_marines.jpg (982KB, 1621x631px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_christmas_marines.jpg
982KB, 1621x631px
>>54232103
I'll join in, coz I took this earlier today while fucking around with lighting. Progress since Feb. Mediocrely painted and almost everyone is missing transfers and edge highlighting as I'm still basically learning how to do that non-terribly.
I should get more tonks but I'm too into making little dudes.
>>
>>54238559
I would read it. If it was a 'real' book I would probably prefer it if you actually went the meme route and it came across as a pure Night Lords book at first, with the opening them doing their edgelord stuff, and then some shit starts to go wrong. And the main char or chars think there's backstabbing or whatever going on at first and paranoia builds up.
And I guess a scene where a NL flays a guy and there's a hydra tattoo on the skin. Or something.

I don't know whether one would actually show the meme legion from their POV at all. Or do a single book duology where the viewpoint switches to the AL side. And I guess you'd have to decide if you want the NL to get BTFO totally, or for some to escape, or for it to end up one of those nihilistic things where both sides just end up fagging it up at each other. I think you could get a cool action scene out of an AL squad thinking they have operated the shit out of some NL and then getting ambushed and torn apart.
Anyway i like your idea and if you do it I would listen to more about it.
>>
File: 1475899960644.png (6MB, 3580x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1475899960644.png
6MB, 3580x1102px
>>54240022
>I think you could get a cool action scene out of an AL squad thinking they have operated the shit out of some NL and then getting ambushed and torn apart.

well I'm biased towards the XX but I don't intend to make the Night Lords look like chumps or anything. As for the POV, I'm not totally sure how I'd go about it. I know less about the intricacies of the NL (I've really only read Lord of the Night many years ago) than I do about the XX so I'd probably split them somewhat evenly. I'm trying not to get too ahead of myself as I usually peter out with stories pretty quickly.

This story would be more about the NL facing a world that they find difficult to terrorize (because they're led by AL supporters and backed by the legion) and the AL would be utilizing their utmost stealth because at this point in the Heresy, it probably wouldn't look good to Horus to be killing off Legionnaires that are on the same side. Especially since their loyalties are perpetually in question.

Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>54239658
>>54239631
Painful samefag.
>>
>>54241449
>only one person can possibly think that marines are leglets
I'm the first poster but not the second. I'd post a screenshot but it takes like 3 seconds to add or remove (You)s with inspect element so that's hardly proof.
>>
>>54241862
I mean honestly I don't really care, but people getting weird about armor marks really just need to chill the fuck out.

Getting models for these armor marks at all used to be a pipe dream and when painted up well you can barely tell the difference in any of the HH armors.

I may not care for the skinnier legs at times, but it really doesn't matter at all. We're getting plastic MKII and MKV at some point too so even then all the concerns really go out the window.

It's also one of those things where if you don't like it simply don't buy it. You know?
>>
>>54241060
>>54240956
>>54240940
>>54240843
>>54240564
Like, why.
>>54241004
Wohoo Petra big tiddies! STFU she's not fat, she's thoroughly armoured.
>>
>>54242125
>It's also one of those things where if you don't like it simply don't buy it. You know?
Well I'd love to start a marine army but I can't stand the (in my opinion) weird looking models. Especially considering the premium price point of Forge World. I just don't know why they made the decision to have them all be so skinny.
>>
>>54242205
I lewd the primarchs. It's what I do.

Interestingly enough, when I did R63 primarchs of my own and figured out everyone's breast sizes, most were nothing like this generator came up with. Ferrus and Mortarion in particular are a lot flatter in my imagination.
>>
>>54239820
Who's the chick next to Polearm Marine?
>>
File: Page30.jpg (1MB, 2538x3659px) Image search: [Google]
Page30.jpg
1MB, 2538x3659px
Every time I read this comic it makes less sense. Why is that termie wielding a fucking power spadroon?!
>>
>>54244233
Because it's fucking awesome
>>
>>54239820
Cool
>>
File: IMG_20170709_225806.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170709_225806.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>54232103
Haven't felt like building or buying anything since HH was killed in my area with the release of 8th. Guess I'm the only one who wishes our rules were updated. Gonna do a primaris army full of loyalist war hounds for 8th soon though
>>
>>54232103
I will do this tomorrow when my Detolf has some good natural lighting.

Gotta show off too many Custodes
>>
>>54235793
If you're handy with mixing mediums, you can try AlClad chrome paints to get an effect like that. The problem is that it's an enamel, and it requires a high gloss enamel black basecoat. So there's some serious planning and an airbrush needed but it's doable.
>>
File: Patrol Seeker Rifle.jpg (113KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
Patrol Seeker Rifle.jpg
113KB, 500x250px
>>54238414
Not a bad plan there Anon, depends entirely on your preference for sniper bolt guns desu.

The fw seeker boltgun reminds me of pic related but do your thing
>>
>>54235547
I do love the warlord.

There's some variants on the horizon that were kind of concepted in the original adeptus titanicus but never really became a reality because of technological limitations and budget contraints on the designers. The nightgaunt is some kind of step between a warhound and a reaver or a reaver and warlord; faster but lighter armored but still armed enough to be classed a main battle titan. The nemesis as another anon pointed out is a super warlord with Giganto guns that are actually centerline mounted in the super structure.

There are a couple other idiosyncratic ones from some forge worlds. Incalladion has some kind of heavier scout titan, I forget the name of it, though. I'd like to at least see the concepts.

It'd be neat to see the crazier weapons like battering ram/troop carrier arms and carapace mounted landing pads.
>>
>>54245581
Personally I kinda liked the idea of the Imperator with the aircraft carrier instead of the palace on the top. Mobile base, pretty much. Heavy Scout Titan would be pretty awesome too.l, although I think they'd probably just take a Warhound and add some more armour and a Crotch Cannon. Also would be nice to have Titan melee weapons that are actually worth a damn. Did they seriously think that WS2 +1A and a Megabolter would make up for losing an Apocalyptic D Blast on the Warlord?
>>
File: Page258.jpg (2MB, 2595x3601px) Image search: [Google]
Page258.jpg
2MB, 2595x3601px
>>54245581
FW have said they plan to make all these variant Titans in resin if Titanicus takes off and sells really well. And they have a lot. Not just the Nightgaunt and Nemesis, but also the Komodo, Carnivore and others.

Personally I want to see the Apocalypse class. Teased a few times (Including in pic related), it's to the Imperator what an Imperator is to a Warlord. It's the king of Titans, which probably has Starship guns as its main weapons and Imperator Guns on the Carapace.
>>
File: smug.jpg (499KB, 850x890px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
499KB, 850x890px
Guys,
What is the best balanced allrounder loadout for a Levianthan dreadnought?
>>
>>54245821
Probably claw and lance, although any melee+gun loadout can do work in most armies.
>>
>>54245798
Well, that would probably be Queen of Titans since I think they're like ships and all female, but that does sound awesome. Problem would probably be that you could play a full normal game of 40k on the top of the carapace, a full Apoc game on the base and a full badminton game on any board big enough to hold one.
>>
>>54245798
I'm super looking forward to the specialist games, ya. I just hope they're as affordable as blood bowl. I think the plan right now is to have your average warlord at about 4-6 inches tall. I think if they're all costed as imp knights it would be a pretty big mistake.
>>
>>54238559
love the model
>>
>>54245912
>Titanicus Warlord titan being as a big as an Imperial Knight in heroic scale.
>Is fully made of resin

>Costs 180 GBP

Oh, Forge World..
>>
>>54234675
>They murdered them all though. Only 1000ish managed to escape through unavoidable warpfuckery. There were more TS at Prospero than SW.
This made me go back over Inferno to check out the numbers involved and recorded and I came to two conclusions. Custodes are fucking bullshit, and two TSons loses make zero sense.

Marines on Prospero
>TS - estimated 62,000
>SW - 73,200

Loses on Propsero
>TS - Near total approximately 3k teleported off world, perhaps another 1,000ish survivors who fled off world after Russ vs Magnus duel or somehow survived on the planet.
>SW - Estimated 25,000 killed, several thousand more missing(Mostly the 13th company)

Also the Custodes and SoS losses were considered 'light' in contrast to the size of the other forces, but relative to the size of their detachment 'could be considered severe'. I mention this because the Custodes and the SoS fucking rekt the TSons. 500 custodes and 2,000 SoS destroyed 6,000 TSons. "scores of custodes.. and 500 SoS" were slain for 6,000 TSons that included sekhmet and the order of ruin. And this was only the second assault they mounted. At this point it's estimated that the TSons had lost 30,000 marines whilst the censure host had lost 30,000 lives across all forces. This stat seems ridiculous however after reading through the battle so far.

At this point things get weird of course but it states there are 7,000 TSons alive after the flesh change and Canis Vertix defending the center of Prospero. So 20,000 TSons died to the flesh change according to the previous losses of 30,000 which already seems unlikely, with another generous 5,000 marines outside the center of Tizca that die or escape later. This means that TSons lost a comparable amount of marines to the flesh change as the Wolves lost to the entire battle.

After going over Inferno I can only guess that many more TSons survived Prospero than is stated. This is supported by the fact that as is stated there are 10,000+ TSons who fight on Terra.
>>
>>54238026
I don't know man, I don't have people to play around here
>>
>>54246029
Actually FW said all three of the main Titans will be in Plastic (Warhound, Reaver and Warlord). That's the key reason Titanicus is not coming out until next year's HH Weekender. Only the specialist Titans will be resin.
>>
>>54240022
> it came across as a pure Night Lords book at first, with the opening them doing their edgelord stuff, and then some shit starts to go wrong.

>And the main char or chars think there's backstabbing or whatever going on at first and paranoia builds up.

>And I guess a scene where a NL flays a guy and there's a hydra tattoo on the skin. Or something.

>I don't know whether one would actually show the meme legion from their POV at all.

>for it to end up one of those nihilistic things where both sides just end up fagging it up at each other.

>I think you could get a cool action scene out of an AL squad thinking they have operated the shit out of some NL and then getting ambushed and torn apart.

I'd read the fuck out of this book.
>>
>>54245821
Unless you definitely know you will be facing lots of multiple wound models (admech, primarch deathstars, GotCK) then the drill is the better choice always.

Then your gun arm can either be anti-infantry or anti-tank using the grav bombard or the melta lance respectively.

The storm cannon is a nice gun but it's a bit middle of the road, it will shred marines and side armour for days but it isn't high strength enough for heavy armour duties, or low ap enough for anti-TEQ. That being said if your meta is BaC/BoP baby vet spam then the storm cannon is probably a good option.
>>
File: IWLS1.jpg (91KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IWLS1.jpg
91KB, 720x960px
Still needs the grav gun, but it's nearly done.
>>
>>54246494
Looks good, I'd change the shoulderpads of the right guy for the mk III ones though
>>
>>54246494
>hover me closer, I want to shoot them with my plasma pistol
Looks pretty good fella, imagine if land speeders could get nuncio-voxes to act as artillery spotters.
>>
>>54246424
>your meta is BaC/BoP baby vet spam

It sure is. Vets for troops are a way of life here. Along with sniper-flamers and what not. Oh, and we have a signle Mechanicum player who packs MCs like mad.

Would dual storm cannon in a drop pod be any good? I always feel like having an expensive unit like the Leviathan in a pure ranged role is a bit too expensive an investment, points wise.
>>
File: IWLS2.jpg (79KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IWLS2.jpg
79KB, 720x960px
>>54246592
>>54246579
Thanks!
Here's a different angle.
>>
>>54242666
Supposed to be Camille Shivani, one of Ahriman's pet Remembrancers, ie an objective marker. I've got the other two half-finished on the painting desk.
>>
>>54246593
>That feel when you like Vets not for the spam but because your force is 1st Company

Why does playing to the fluff make me feel like an ass? As much as I love Mortars or Medusas I'll never take them for worry or being "that guy". Worst I do is take combi weapons on a few guys but nothing else.

Shit sucks.

Also if you wanna run a Leviathan against mostly boxed set armies you should either take the cannon or melts. Magnetize and see which you like more. I'd recommend the Grav as well but that's so dedicated to pure infantry killing that it forces its own nice.

Also popular option is to run it with a Pod, but it basically becomes a suicidal unit that way. It all depends on what you really want it to do for you. Personally I like walking most of my dreads for numerous reasons and noticed they typically live longer.
>>
>>54246621
Fucking awesome. I might borrow your idea for one of my Iron Warriors characters.

Where can we buy human miniatures that actually make the 28mm marines look proper big?
>>
>>54246645
Thanks for the advice, anon!
I mean to run it with a Dreadpod, yeah, since my list is 100% orbital assault RoW. I've read things about the 'deathblossom' tactic.
>>
>>54246593
In that case I would go for claw and storm cannon. Dual storm cannons put out a lot of dakka but if you get in melee then enjoy no ap. Also consider drop pod, armoured ceramite and phosphex launcher. With such a points investment you might as well make it extra killy and survivable.

The deathblossom build is good on paper but if you drop pod your dread then you've effectively put your 400 point shooting machine in tarpit range and if you walk it then you are wasting all your close combat potential. If you want two guns on a dread get a mortis of some pattern.
>>
>>54246658
Thanks man. They're Infinity models, which are mostly in good scale against marines. They're metal, if you're thinking about converting.
>>
>>54246645
Use termies as troops if you want to be first company and a special snowflake simultaneously
>>
>>54246701
Yeah but I do both. I have four Vet squads and two Terminator squads for just that.
>>
File: ouch.jpg (39KB, 482x167px) Image search: [Google]
ouch.jpg
39KB, 482x167px
>>54241449
>inb4 "Shopped!"
>>
>>54246739
You care far too much
>>
>>54246739
Good job telling that guy from hours and hours ago who already got told my dude.
>>
>>54246739
"I'll post a screengrab. That'll show 'em!"
>>
>>54246645
>Why does playing to the fluff make me feel like an ass?
Yeah, that's my problem too with Reductor. Guess that's what I get when my army are in-canon WAACfags who abuse the hell out of that Lord of War box, though. A fluffy Reductor list is literally just one that you tailor every match to win as easily as possible, unless you go full idiot and take like a dozen Thallax and Basilisks and stuff.
My list is still kinda hardcore, but that's mostly because the meta here is Primarch deathstars, the Death Guard and Iron Hands players who are chill and the local dickhead who spams quad-mortars and Leviathans. I'm hoping if I torch enough Spartans with Droplites they'll bring them less often in 2k games. 2x10 Combo Rhino vets + massive Primarchstar isn't a fun 2k matchup.

I have more chill lists for friendly games, the though. Recently been really enjoying Inar Satarael. He may be a really squishy bastard, but he shoots like a boss, buffs like three and trolls the enemy massively when they finally manage to kill him. Which will take a while, because he's with three regenerating Castellax, harassing his enemy with Word Bearer Thallax and making the Myrmidon transport and Basilisks IWND. He does everything!
>>
>>54246788
Satarael is quite the buffmander with regular aura buffs for Thallax, Archimandrite IWNDry, a Djinn-skein, Cyber occularii for Interceptor, +1BS & cover shenanigans, and Cybertheurgy, all of that on a Castellax-esque body that may not give Slay the Warlord...but srsly he should have some sort of true Invuln save.
At least a Refractor field?
>>
>>54246788
>not embracing the scumbaggery and spamming medusa's and iron warriors to laser guide your bombardments.
>>
>>54246788
>>2x10 Combo Rhino vets + massive Primarchstar isn't a fun 2k matchup.

I never understood how people could find this fun. It seem so boring. Shit ten Terminators popping out of a vehicle seems awesome but Primarchstars are exhaustingly stupid. The only time they ever make sense are games in 4K+ and their bodyguard
>>
>>54246788
>tfw building a Reductor list with 12 thallax, 6 ursarax, 2 colossus, 3 demolisher and an atrapos
I hope I don't get considered a WAAC-fag.

>2x10 Combo Rhino vets + massive Primarchstar isn't a fun 2k matchup
disgusting, this isn't particularly good or interesting to play. How can they stand playing such a boring and average list? Do some people just field a Primarchstar and think that fluff = crunch?
>>
>>54246852
Yeah. At least a save that equals his 100pt subordinate scrubs or BeepBoops, come ON. There's a chap here who really likes his Paragon/CAA Praetor who literally needs to HIT Satarael once in a challenge to kill him. I still love him, though, because he's fluffy as hell and 2/3 of the time he makes your enemy look so crestfallen when he blows up and leaves the enemy exposed to the Occularis barrage for literally nothing.

>>54246874
>>54246888

Pretty much. Every game is the same, too. Enemy drives up, fires two Bolters, Two Lascannon and a Hbolter at ne, AI don't really care. Next turn, I fire back a bit. My T2, Droplites arrive on rerollable 2+, kill the Spartan, artillery blasts the termies apart and Grav-myrmidons execute the Primarch. Game is now pretty much over.

Noone will get mad at you for bringing good stuff if you've also taken 12 Thallax, man. Thallax, Ursarax and Colossus are perfectly fluffy Reductor and unlikely to be too horrific unless your enemy is nothing but Tacticals.

>>54246862

That works? How?
>>
File: Iron Fire.jpg (23KB, 737x205px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Fire.jpg
23KB, 737x205px
>>54247013
>That works? How?
Any barrage weapon targeted within range of your allied iron warrior detachment will benefit.

Take a delegatus in an allied detachment to assist the 9 barrage weapons your reductor gives you.
>>
>>54247013
>Thallax, Ursarax and Colossus are perfectly fluffy Reductor
Yeah, I'm super anal about my fluff. For instance the book says that Krios aren't seen outside of the Taghmata so I'm not taking any of those. A bunch of Droplites look appealing but I really dislike the idea of them and hate the models.
>>
File: IMG_2392.jpg (52KB, 579x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2392.jpg
52KB, 579x341px
My two Telemon dreads arrive tomorrow and I am weirdly giddy.

How many friends do you think I'll lose if I use both in a game.
>>
>>54247363
You've lost me already :^)
Eh, the lascannon mode of their guns isn't that hot, and the AP3 autocannon mode the Leviathan also does.
It's the plasma flamers in those shredding Fists what could be worrysome.
>>
Same as >>54238559, I really want to make a small novel about a three chapter's worth of salamanders, an imperial knight and 20 bananastodes being sieged by a small forge world
I've figured most of the plot out, but want to know if you would read it.
This is only the beginning

>salamanders&co come back from outer space, find out about the betrayal and the istvaan V massacre
>salamanders and custodes agree they need to go to terra, however salamanders need to resupply before, else they would'nt matter at terra
>there's a garrisonned world with enough stockpile of ammo and weapons
>it's however an iron warrior fortress
>nevertheless they take it quickly due to luck&good idea
>as they are about to begin transfering the stockpiles, a full traitor mechanicus fleet, bigger than the salamanders's one, arrive
>the salamanders are forced to split, the fleet depart with 2000 onboard, the rest, the custodes and the knight stay in the fortress
>siege begin
>insert dirty Reductor tricks here
>>
>>54247116
Wait, I could just take a Delegatus with Jump Pack or Bike, stick him with my Ursarax, take a squad of something else and laser guide ALL the Medusae to pummel the thing I'm about to charge? That seems entertaining.

>>54247118

Why do you not like the Secutarii models? Give them a proper paint job and they're gorgeous. I understand there's some fluff problems, though. Personally mine are fluffed as Reductor Fleet Provosts with riot shields and Shock Lances, since we know from Forge of Mars the laborers do occasionally get uppity.

>>54247575

Sounds actually very cool. Who's winning this one and have you done any evil Mechanicum fluff for the attackers? I know I'm biased as hell, but IMO we have enough novels about Marines and Custodes valiantly stabbing everything to death despite the ebil Mechanicum being competent and somehow using tactics is not fair play.
>>
>>54247658
I'm unfortunately not very versed into mechanicum fluff, so I don't know if it has already been done or even if it can be done
As for the outcome I haven't decided, either the salamanders fleet come back with reinforcements and it's a pyhrric victory for the loyalist, [spoiler/]or the fleet doesn't come back, but they make the victory meaningless for the mechanicum[spoiler/].
Don't worry though, the mechanicum will employ tactics and will fuck the astartes up
>>
>>54247778
Reductor have literally never fought a battle in a story aside from Decima playing Grand Theft Istvaan. Honestly, killing a force of that size is probably fairly meaningless either way, Reductor fleets are fuckheug so it's unlikely some groundlocked Loyalists can do much aside from killing off Thallax drop squads and such. A fleet with only 5k Astartes on is probably a bit small to outfight a War Convenant with multiple Battleship-class ships. You might want to trim it down to one or two Reductor ships if they're only fighting a couple ships of Loyalists. Problem is the Mech don't give a fuck about the Iron Warriors, so you'd have to technobabble a reason why they don't just nuke the fortress till it glows, since they are fond of that trick.
>>
>>54247966
The fleet originate from a small forge world ruled by a council of genetors, they went traitor because they wanted to produce astartes and custodes of their own, to do that they need to reverse-engineer the creation of astartes&co and for that they need a fuckton of mostly intact bodies (no rads) and plenty of progenoid glands
does this seems a good reason for not blowing up the planet ?
And for the fleet its purpose wasn't combat, they were in for supplies, so against the 5 battlebarge and dozen of strike cruisers there's 3 battleship, 5 battlecruiser, 10 cruisers and 2 universe-class mass conveyor, it's enough to make the defeat of the loyalist certain as most of their forces are on the ground and the fleet haven't ressuplied in a while
>>
>>54247658
>Why do you not like the Secutarii models?
It's a very silly reason honestly but they don't look how I imagined them to. The Skitarii forces in the past have been described as looking absolutely terrifying, in Titanicus they are mistaken for chaos forces. IMO the current Secutarii and Skitarii model look too plain and regimented which I suppose makes sense for admech but just wasn't what I pictured. The Sicarian models come close but there's no 30k rules for them.
>>
>>54248207
5 battle barges (plus support) is a lot, especially for transporting 3 chapters. For comparison, the alpha legion Got a lot of Shit Done with only 2 battle barges, including kicking the shit out of an entire imperial expedition fleet without breaking a sweat in the novel Legion.
>>
>>54248593
The entire loyalist force number 5 chapter, and I recall every imperium chapter having at least one battle barge, but yeah that's a lot
>>
>>54248481
You know, I was thinking about that just last night. They're terrifying, taking literally a hundred hits fron law and autoguns to kill and wearing assorted tribal tattoos and accessories while being roided as fuck. They're more like Myrmidons than the modern Skitarii. I kinda wish we'd had those instead, honestly.
>>
>>54248207
Yeah, that makes more sense than a good few Black Library plots I could name. Check out the Istvaan Blind Hunters from the Drop Site Massacre Black Book, you could use those since they're designed for murderising Space Marines.

Also, this sounds like "Magos Xander Triedes has a hunting expedition" and that's amazing. Sounds like pretty much exactly what I put together for his fleet, too, one of the Battleships was the Ark Mechanicus "Outside Context Problem" because I've been reading a lot of soft sci-fi recently.

I do like the idea, I'd say go for it although my writing skills are limited to decent army fluff at best.
>>
>"The Arcus Strike Tank is one of the more unusual tanks available to the Space Marine Legions. Similar to the malevolent Dreadclaw Drop Pod and the sinister Knight-Atrapos, the Arcus Strike Tank has a shadowed past, viewed by the Mechanicum for reasons unknown as a slight against the Omnissiah. As a result, the adepts of the Machine God refuse to produce or repair these vehicles."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/10/the-sicaran-arcus-strike-tank-forge-world-preview/

This Sicaran is evidently the edgy goth variant, then. Still, seems like a bit of a cop-out just to take a Scorpius Whirlwind gun and weld it to a Sicaran, modelling team. Punisher one looks much nicer.
>>
File: images (17).jpg (20KB, 320x459px) Image search: [Google]
images (17).jpg
20KB, 320x459px
>>54249225
>>54248481
I thought I was the only one who thought the Skitarii looked like heavily armoured roided guys that were "My life for Mars" tier of fanatics. Instead they kind of look a bit too thin. This mini is based on that Blanche's pic, and sure apparently anything remotely cool in 40k is based on Blanche...but it does look cool. As in, this is truly a Martian cyberwarrior, you see.
>>
>>54249403
She's looks like a robot stripper.
>>
>>54249372
Don't really like that at all. The sicaran looks good because it's got a sleek low profile, putting a normal turret on top just makes it look fat.
>>
File: images (36).jpg (36KB, 268x548px) Image search: [Google]
images (36).jpg
36KB, 268x548px
>>54249482
I should stop assigning them genders. They're all huge cyborg people to me anyway.
>>
>>54246139
That would make sense if they intend to sell a fair number of the starter box, plastic is far more economical to manufacture if you're dealing with large quantities.
Might as well take the time to cut a proper mold for them, cheaper in the long run after all.
>>
>>54249403
>>54249225
>>54248481
After a quick bit of googling I've managed to find pictures similar to what I pictured.

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/001/711/050/large/guillaume-labit-heavy-cyborg-soldier-turnaround.jpg?1451459730

http://cgimg.s3.amazonaws.com/t/g00/443000/1190282_large.jpg

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/013/283/large/943082_535945056463741_405467898_n.jpg?1400187163

Imagine first body, with second head gear and pipes and third guys armour plates/torso, add various bits and pieces to flavour.
>>
>>54247966
>Reductor fleets are fuckheug
Isn't it the opposite? Iirc reductor covenants usually tag along with crusade fleets, to hone their skills, so they're unlikely to have large independant fleets but instead a few vessels joining a larger combined fleet.
>>
>>54251039
Yeah, they're nomads, but they still prosecute the odd war by themselves rather than just act as auxiliaries. The fleets probably have less ships than your average SM or Navy fleet, but their basic ship is the Galleass of War, which is a slightly larger battlecruiser with somewhat less guns and a lot more auxiliary capacity, for troop bays and storage and such, plus Arks Mechanicus as flagships.

So smaller fleets in pure numbers, but scary as hell, especially since I'd be surprised if they weren't pointing fancier than normal weapons at people in spess too.
>>
>>54251165
Maybe we'll find out when they finally get round to making that 30k BFG remake they mentioned.

God I hope they do that soon.
>>
File: 99070209003_Megaboss02.jpg (45KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99070209003_Megaboss02.jpg
45KB, 600x620px
Would it be too much for a praetor to have a cloak made of a Bloodletter hide, along with the head, like that Ironjaws guy? The legion is Dark Angels, with spoopy beastslayer theme. Also on the other side I'll be putting an ork head and skin, fluffing it as one of the warbosses the praetor has slain during the early Crusade.
>>
>>54251324
It may be too much yeah, but I mean, dryfit it and see. That guy would probably be considered a fucking weirdo even in a monster-hunting legion though, but fuck it, characterful is characterful.
>>
>>54251324
Depends on the execution; it could look great or shit
>>
>>54251324
Daemon bits are a big of a problem, since their bodies tend to return to the warp once they're dead, as there's nothing holding the warp spawned body together. Proximity to warp sources or sorceries can be used to prolong it or bind the body parts to reality.

A loyalist wearing daemon bits would probably not work, as the bits would probably fade away before the cloak could even be finished. On a traitor it shouldn't be that big of a problem, if they're sufficiently warped.

Daemon skull in some stasis field could work. Attach some cabling and machinery to it, and maybe paint it with a power weapon effect over the head's "natural" colour.
>>
>>54251584
Weird is good enough, and IMO beastslayers would like to show off the trophies of their prey. What better display of your might than the warp-spawn?

>>54251669
>>54251764
>and maybe paint it with a power weapon effect over the head's "natural" colour.
Yeah, it could go both ways, so the plan is to stay conservative and use dark colours so as to not make it stand out too much.
Stasis field is exactly what I had on mind with the dissolution issue. I prefer loyalty being its own reward, but the fallen loyal traitors is good enough. My dudes will most likely all perish in some apocalyptic battle before the Age of Darkness ends anyway. Maybe have them caught in the Great Slaughter on Beta-Garmon (confirmed to have the greatest death toll by FW) as they race to Terra to aid the loyalists.
>>
>>54251324
Orks were big duringe the crusade.
>>
>>54246788
Can I see your cutthroat list please?
>>
how did you guys choose your legion? im still stuck in choosing my own and im so indecisive that i cant just stick on one...
>>
>>54252853
But what is it you like?
>>
>>54252853
Then take the meme legion and steal enemy units.
>>
>>54246888
>I hope I don't get considered a WAAC-fag.
People complain about Medusas, Krios tanks (especially Venators, I think), Vulturaxes, Thanatars if you take several, knights if you take three, and the soundwave Ordinatus Minoris. I used to hear complaints about Castellax but I haven't in a while.

You're fine.
>>
>>54252798
3k Ordo Reductor - AoD FoC.

HQ:

- Magos Reductor with Machinator Array (150)
- Archmagos Archimandrite with Cyber-familliar, Machinator Array, Djinn-Skein and 4 Occularis, Chainfist, Photon Thruster (355) Warlord.

ELITE:

- Techpriest Enginseer Auixilia - 1 extra Enginseer, 4 Servo-arm servitors (105)

TROOPS:

- 3 Thallax, Photon Thruster, Destructor (175)
- 3 Thallax, Photon Thruster, Destructor (175)
- 12 Secutarii Hoplites, Omnispex (164)

FAST ATTACK:

- Arvus Lighter with Twin-Linked Multilaser (90)
- Lightning Fighter with 4 Kraken Missiles, Servitor Control and Auguries (210)

HEAVY SUPPORT:

- Macrocarid Explorator with Explorator Web, Flare, Ceramite, Grav Imploder and sponson Irrads (345)
- 3 Myrmidon Destructors with Graviton Imploders (240)
- Artillery tank squad - 3 Medusae, Siege Plating, Machine Spirit, twin-linked bolter (480)

Allied Detatchment - Miltia and Cults

- Force Commander, Tainted Weapon (55)
- Provenances - Cult Horde and Tainted Flesh (70)

- Levy Squad - 50 Levies, Frags, 2 CCW each. (110)
- Levy Squad - 50 Levies, Frags, 2 CCW each. (110)

TOTAL: 2809 POINTS

Some spare points there to do whatever with, or I can drop the Lightning Fighter and the Enginseer Auxilia and there's a 2500 list. Archmagos has no Abeyant so I can fit him into the Macrocarid along with the Exploratory Web and the Myrmidons, because 2+ rerollable reserves is delicious with 2x3 Thallax, a Droplite squad and a Lightning. At 2500, I drop the Array, take the Abeyant and glue 30pts of toys on here and there, since there's less to Reserve and the Archmagos is a larger chunk of points I need to keep alive.
>>
>>54252899
>>54252936
i love the colouring and rip and tear WE, but i want ranged support. EC are cool but fulgrims a nerd. BA seem like a good blend of those two but i dont like their colours. SoH/LW seem cool, but id only use the LW scheme. DG's slow and steady approach looks fun but im soured on them bc some fatso at my lgs only plays them in 40k/30k and i cant stand playing against them. id consider TS or AL but everybody plays those near here.
>>
>>54252943
Oops, Archimandrite is 330 points without the Abeyant.
>>
>>54236860
Anon are you ok? Death Guards are Rubric Marines size taller than the old marines but Primaris are still bigger.
>>
>>54239583
Source?
>>
>>54236860
That's explicitly due to Chaos hax
>>
>>54252952
I don't like you.
>>
File: KyrVahlen.jpg (77KB, 396x417px) Image search: [Google]
KyrVahlen.jpg
77KB, 396x417px
>>54238419
Because the loyalists are all more badass than their bitch primarch and the scrubs who followed him.
>>
>>54253045
i dont like myself either, anon
>>
>>54252952
I'd recommend EC out of that lot, of all the traitor legions they split into psuedo-warbands earlier than anyone else. So, not really a problem if you don't like Fulgrim, a lot of the legion didn't either and didn't follow his commands during the heresy.
>>
>>54253028
Most convenient hax. In fact they had to pair the release of the 2W Primarines with the expansion of the T5 Plague marines, otherwise it would have looked inbalanced. I do wonder what will come next, if anything, for either side.
>>
>>54238847
>I'm loyal to the emperor
>that's why I'll kill him, his sons, and destroy his dream
>>
>>54253636
4D Chess.
>>
>>54253533
I doubt they'll do primaris chaos muhreens large-scale, maybe a few going rogue, I suspect they'll come up with some chaosy reason for why 10,000 Heresy vets are suddenly sprouting an extra foot of height, given they've mentioned the Chaos gods watching the deployment of primaris.

Maybe Fabulous developing a Chaos-Primaris upgrade but my money would be on an 'infused with chaos magicks' thing.

Just my gut feeling.
>>
>>54253068
You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.
>>
>>54253636
>Alpha Legion
>loyal
Your second mistake.
>>
>>54253919
>Alpha Legion
>existing
Your third, and final, mistake
>>
>>54253960
Go away =][= you don't even exist yet.
>>
>>54253985
>Implying the Inquisition isn't Alpharius himself
>>
>>54254181
THEN WHO WAS DORN'D.
>>
File: IMG_3378.png (434KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3378.png
434KB, 640x1136px
>>54231770
30ktards BTFO
>>
>>54254227
You mean who was dorn destroyed by
>>
>>54254414
?
>>
>>54254414
Dats a dumb faceposter.
>>
>>54254414
??
>>
>>54254414
Still don't understand why the launcher needs the front bit. I mean, on the infantry launcher it's to direct the blast away from the shooter's face, since his head is right next to the muzzle (the optics even extend beyond the muzzle), but on the hip fired version and the vehicle versions, there's really nothing in danger there, so it serves no functional purpose, only aesthetics. And if they're gonna steal that bit, then they might as well put the piece with the fins at the back on the big launcher as well.

God, if only there was a good alternative for the Scorpius launcher. Wyvern ones might work, but the two are moulded as one.
>>
>>54254432
>b-but victory
>>
So how many land raiders/land speeders/thunderwaks/ storm eagles and other such transports would a regular line company have?
>>
>>54254647
Probably none, you could just say the beefier vehicles are another company/from the armoury in the battalion though.
>>
>>54254581
>so it serves no functional purpose, only aesthetic
When has the rule of cool got in the way of the warhammery?
>>
File: IMG_3055.jpg (1MB, 2046x3639px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3055.jpg
1MB, 2046x3639px
>>54232103
Not the the best pic at ALL but the only one I could snap before work. I have 15 more Sentinels, 5 Guardians, and 1 Telemon Dread that are WIP and not in the case.
>>
>>54254861
When it's not cool.
>>
>>54254647
The armory is unattached to companies. The only exception are Rhinos, but I believe that was only when the Codex Astartes was implemented.

Basically companies usually have an allotment of equipment they can get, and usually can request or are given more with no problems.
>>
>>54255027
I can't even imagine how many fucking vehicles are in a legion armory.

The idea of 100 Thunderhawks alone is insane let alone 500 Xiphon
>>
>>54254896
Jesus fucking christ how many points is that?
>>
>>54254896
>thousands of dollars worth of resin
>hundreds of hours of work put into building and painting
>all held inside a $50 flimsy piece of furniture from IKEA
Dude, why
>>
>>54255193
Convenience. When the gf moves in we're making illuminated casings.

>>54255168
About 7.5k.
>>
>>54255027
So where exactly are these armories located?

Are they on special armory ships, or are they stored on depots somewhere like on Bodt then just requisitioned?
>>
>>54255263
It's somewhat implied that armory ships exist within the legions and that requisitioned equipment is held on the ships carrying the infantry.

Depots and fortresses probably hold the rest
>>
>>54255193
What do you have against IKEA
>>
File: Space Marine Legion Structure.jpg (7MB, 4992x3424px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine Legion Structure.jpg
7MB, 4992x3424px
>>54255027
>>
>>54255106
Really? That's kind of a tiny number of vehicles. Hell, you see more than 100 large aircraft in some WW2 bomber formations designed to fight one city, let alone a galaxy. You could probably find a plain big enough to line up every vehicle from every Legion on Earth somewhere, spaceships aside. Frankly, I'm surprised they allowed the Astartes to coopt Forge World production, do an expensive retool and delay a bunch of other stuff just to produce maybe a thousand Superheavy Tanks at most.
>>
>>54253824
I'd give it a while then have Fabulous Bill clone himself a Primaris body and take it from there.
>>
>>54254896
....does it add up to 91?
>>
>>54231978
their speciality is getting bogged down in pointless anti-guerillia operations on backwater worlds?
>>
File: Gondola_708e8d_5942819.jpg (43KB, 900x620px) Image search: [Google]
Gondola_708e8d_5942819.jpg
43KB, 900x620px
Anyone try to update all the different legion tactics for 8th?
>>
>>54255319
Nothing, I have the same one because I'm poor and lazy and it's as flimsy as they get
>>
>>54255955
Yes...
>>
>>54256029
Flimsy? What? If you build them well they're really strong.
>>
>>54256064
Can confirm, I've had one set up with a load of expensive Transformers inside for years right next to my painting desk with no concerns.
>>
>>54255972
People are spitballing legion rules on various forums, but I'd wait until the SM codex drops before we know how chapter tactics are supposed to work.

In the meantime, have this PDF.
>>
>>54256098

Nice this actually looks pretty decent.
>>
>>54256064
I built mine as per the instructions and the metal frame wobbles every time I open and close the door just from the force of the magnets, sometimes enough for the shelves to knock up against the walls

Also, the shelves not being attached to anything is quite the liability, an accidental bump from below is enough to have models flying
>>
>>54256181
I agree. Bookmark this page if you wanna give the authors feedback and check for updates: http://heresy30k.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/10351-the-8ed-heresy-project-legiones-astartes/
>>
>>54256220
That sounds really weird. I own four of them and none of them ever have that problem. Also if you're worried about the shelves moving just take some double sided fashion tape to the contact points
>>
>>54256044
Normally I'd be a dickhead to you but I've turned over a new goldleaf. Thanks for posting your dudes, model pics always get an upboat.
Fuck that waffles guy tho.
>>
>>54256098
We had someone post their own rules here a while ago, anyone grab the pdf?
>>
File: Fanmade 8th edition.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Fanmade 8th edition.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>54256308
Let's see if I can avoid uploading >>54256098 again like a prat. I think anon's is this one...
>>
>>54252993
His point is close enough to right... the new Death Guard models, Rubric Marines, even some of the Deathwatch guys were closer in size to the Primaris marines to old marines. Not quite as tall, but surprisingly close.
>>
File: The horror.png (260KB, 1400x706px) Image search: [Google]
The horror.png
260KB, 1400x706px
Show me your Land Raiders! Also do not use the lava camo.
>>
>>54253250
yea ive been trying to widdle it down at work but im still indecisive. i chose my 40k (when i used to play) army and chapter quicker than i can my 30k legion, its insane.
>>
File: P_20170426_160323_003.jpg (1MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170426_160323_003.jpg
1MB, 4096x2304px
>>54256728
never see much use unfortunately
>>
>>54255027
>>54255106
Anyone else suddenly thinking of that line from the last Gaunt's Ghosts novel, Salvation's Reach? Where the Marine talks about the Caestus Assault Ram and how they used to go to war launching thousands of them at a time, destroying whole fleets.

>tfw you were going to quote that bit word for word, but then you got sucked into just reading the novel
>>
>>54256879
Looks pretty good. Why don't you use it much?
>>
>>54256939
Because the Spartan exists.
>>
>>54250154
Blood Bowl made bank, and now GW are willing to actually invest money into the specialist games. So Titanicus will benefit. Hoare himself (The chief writer) said that the titans would be much cheaper and easier to build than originally thought when they were writing the rules. In fact there are mechanics in the rules to allow balancing of uneven match ups purely so they were not forcing people to go out a buy £100's of models just in find a game, which are now no longer as necessary.
>>
>>54257036
You can't always bring a Spartan.
>>
>>54256746
All the chapters in 40k are basically the same so it's understandable.
>>
>>54257064
Cool. To speak to the other anon's point, the old Titan rules had a staggering number of possible loadouts for the frames.
Obviously a lot of those will be taken up by specific patterns of Titans, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see FW or even just specialist games organise some of the more esoteric loadouts like boarding claws and landing pads to be made available at some point.
>>
>>54257223
Any of the ones FW are reintroducing or have created for the Heresy. The Punisher, the Apocalypse, the Carnivore, Nemesis, Nightgaunt and Komodo are all mentioned in the FW Black Books and are the main contenders for rules and models.
>>
>>54257223
Imperator for one. Since it's set during the Horus Heresy we'll probably get ones like the Nemesis, and other stuff that we've really only had mention of. Maybe specialist bits for those Warhounds that have chain-harpoon things, and other stuff.
>>
>>54257064
>GW are willing to actually invest money into the specialist games
I can only pray that this causes a revival of Mordheim, though I doubt it since it 'clashes' with AoS...
>>
>>54256911
God I forgot about that.

Complete boner material
>>
How long ago did 30k disppear from the page with all the battlescribe repositories on?
>>
>>54257533
It's one of my favorite Space Marine quotes. One of my favorite books period, since I like the ship battle that happens mid-way through it too.

>tfw you're still reading you way through things and haven't gotten to the quote yet
>>
>>54257157
i think since theres more to choose from in 40k its easier to find a chapter you like more than others. the legions are so cut and dry and theres only the 20
>>
>>54257306
They've released multiple game sin the old world since blowing up, so it could be possible.

But more likely you'll get a Shadow War: Armageddon style remake that allows you to use everything for AoS rather than a small subset.
>>
>>54257944
There are massive differences between legions when it comes to
>appearance
>tactics
>culture
>equipment

With chapters they're basically all carbon copies of themselves except for minor details like
>this chapter prefers to use Thunderhawks instead of drop pods
and that's literally their whole schtick. Wow, can't wait to play some Hawk Lords!
>>
>>54252952
With WE you get a few color schemes to choose from, but they either use a lot of white (difficult) or look a lot like BA. I like the EC idea better. Stick to a bluer shade of purple if you want it to look more serious.

EC have more potential list variety, imo. With WE you usually can't do better than large squads of maniacs in three Kharybdises, with Dreadclaws for everyone else.

EC also do well with dreadclaws (anyone good at assault does), but with the Maru Skara RoW you can bring in footslogging, outflanking shooty guys; 3rd company elite gives you Relentless heavy weapon guys on foot; Armored Breakthrough lets you take Fast Rhinos and Predators. Their only problem is that Palatine Blades suck.
>>
>>54258216
I wouldn't necessarily be against that. It was just the quasi-roleplaying aspects of things that I really liked the most, which is why Warhammer Skirmish never caught on with me.
>>
>>54258455
yea the legions are so massively different so i like some aspects of one but dislike the rest. really dont like the RG and IF.
>>54258496
>Stick to a bluer shade of purple if you want it to look more serious.
im trying to picture this but i cant. i do like the idea of them, though, but i might skip out on the roman-y theme and steer them towards knightish or something
>>
>>54258830
>im trying to picture this but i cant
I'm just saying stay away from magenta. Xereus Purple vs. Pink Horror, if you're using GW colors.
>>
>>54253250
Are there any loyalist EC that didn't get purged on Isstvan?
>>
>>54259804
I don't recall them from the fluff, but nothing's stopping you from having EC that were sent on a campaign and didn't get corrupted alongside the rest
>>
>>54246494
>driver could you stop nicking every fucking kill and point me at a tank already?
>>
File: A song in fucsia.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
A song in fucsia.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>54259804
>Are there any loyalist EC
Yes, theres...
>that didn't get purged on Isstvan?
Oh...
>>
>>54260624
There's no canon material written as of yet, though I'd say that's partially due to the fact that there hasn't really been any EC material in general since the early HH rulebooks or Angel Exterminatus. All there is to work with besides that is the usual "There were loyalists and traitors within all Legions", and the rumors that both the Death Eagles and Red Scorpions are EC loyalist chapters in 40k, which lends to the idea that there were infact loyalist survivors not present at Istvaan.
>>
>>54256879
>>54256939
>>54257036
>>54257069

Land Raiders will see practical use on the battlefield when 8th ed update hits unless you own a Mastadon then good luck keeping friends.
>>
>>54259025
oh so basically just the richer purples, not the pinks.
>>
>>54238797
Night Lords have that guy who joins the knights errant and sevetar is implied to have become a grey knight grandmaster.

>those two are who introduced glaives/halberds
>>
>>54260959
>there hasn't really been any EC material in general since the early HH rulebooks or Angel Exterminatus
Don't forget The Path of Heaven. Eidolon's in there and some other guts traveling in his fleet. Great look at them as they become corrupted.

There was also that short story or novella also about Eidolon, the silly one where someone gets acid on his armor and likes the resulting pink.
>>
>>54261811
>sevetar is implied to have become a grey knight grandmaster.
When will this meme end?
>>
>>54262317
Well who is the double traitor who wields a glaive type thingy then? It's not confirmed but it's certainly possible.
>>
>>54262405
Zharost
>>
File: IMG_3059.jpg (2MB, 3021x2599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3059.jpg
2MB, 3021x2599px
Played a 40k game using essentially 30k armies with light tweaks to fit properly.

Custodes versus Solar Auxilla.

Tabled the Auxilla but damn it was fun. Took two casualties and a knight was dropped to one wound. Pretty fun but 8th feels painfully streamlined now
>>
>>54262497
Man, I really hope FW removes the stick from their arse and release the various custodes' shit for use in 40k. If anyone should have access to deathrays and hovertonks it would be the golden boys, considering they pretty much sat on their arsenal for the last 10k years.
>>
>>54262497
>Imperial Guard
>grey tide with a few painted tanks
Yep, that seems about right...
>>
>>54263422
Well, them and the Mechanicum/Admech. Thing is, Games Workshop hates wargear options now, so we can't really properly represent all our nonsense. One of the reasons I was happy about not moving to 8e.
>>
>>54263422
Me too. I posted my collection earlier and I'd like to be able to run it all in a game at some point. Playing with a completely strippe down version of some of it was really odd. Admittedly 3 wounds per model is great. Would Hetaeron have 5? LOL
>>
>>54263610
Going by AoS 5 wounds for non-hero models is reserved for super-heavy cavalry like stormcast dragon riders and units of multiple quasi-monsters like treekin, so I'd imagine Haeteroi would have a ogre-like 4 wounds instead. Which is fairly significant, since it'd allow them to even take a thunderhammer to the face without keeling over.
I'm also interested why the Shield-Captain and the Vexilla-Bearer were not made into seperate heroes like virtually all other champions and banner guys. It'd actually make Custodes a legal army for one thing...
>>
>>54263494
>Games Workshop hates wargear options now
Well, only those that don't have the needed parts in the kit. I'm sure FW will eventually release upgrade kits for the spear variants and the fists/claws, so that'd be covered.
I'm more concerned over FW having their feelings hurt once again like during the Volkite debacle and subsequently putting all 40k releases for that one faction on hold.
>>
>>54263870
It's been hinted at for future release in rules that Custodes will have an Hq option plus a few others. When 30k gets ported to 8th in some time we'll be able to use the full panoply of wargear too
>>
>>54263494
Mechanicum is at least confirmed to be getting stuff when hell freezes over and they actually finish Fires of Cyraxus.
>>
>>54263900
Yeah, but half the point of Admech was having ludicrously long lists of wargear and options for HQs and artillery and such, which obviously the intent was to kitbash. 8e is distinctly not supportive of more than four or five wargear options per dude because of the way they clog all the datasheets with rules. My current Archimandrite would take about two pages of writing to stat out like that, I'd hate to have to write up every variant of the Magos Prime with all his different options on one datasheet.
>>
>>54263957
hopefully, they'll just have tailored datasheets for each variant of magos, i.e. seperate sheets for archmagos archimandrite, magos ordinator, archmagos ordinator, magos malagra, archmagos malagra, etc. It'd take up thirty pages between all the variants, but could also mean that each variant has only tailored options for it-no more lachrimallus who have more CC kit than a legion praetor, or Domini with more gunz than a heavy support squad..
>>
Do somebody still have the HH legion painting guide ?
>>
>>54264811
It's shit, why would you want it ?
>>
>>54264830
Because I need some colour references from it.
>>
>>54262497
That's an awesome battle mat. Where is it from?
>>
>>54264748
>only tailored options for it-
That's the exact thing I was trying to avoid, the gargantuan list of gunz and gear was entirely fitting for Magi with their own eccentric quirks and preferences. It was Your Dudes and Conversion friendly to the highest degree. Also, they cost a LOT. My basic Magos Reductor with Machinator Array is 150 points, which IIRC isn't too far off a Praetor. Them being armed to the teeth is less severe when all but the Malagra have pretty crappy WS/I.
>>
>>54264979
The thing is, with the spread out options, you would still have the sixty thousand options, itd just be spread out over fifteen pages and gives your choices more personal touch-your malagra might get an option for a kickass paragon blade that regular schmucks might forgo, but loses out on any of the serious heavy ordnance that other magi have available. I always felt it was a bit silly that dudes who stood at the rear and ordered artillery barrages got the same options for choppy that a mech-assassin lord did. Still, FW will never update to 8th, so what are we worrying about
>>
>>54264976
I wish I knew; it's in Black Diamond Games so I should ask them sometime.
>>
>>54265184
True, although there was something entertaining about watching a squad of elite Sons of Horus drop vets get blasted back, charged and cut to pieces by the engineer they just pissed off by blowing up his tank. Damn, random Magos Reductor, you don't fuck around. Machinator Array is amazing given it's basically a Baby Magos Kit - nice gun, repair powers, durability and a handy melee buff all at once, plus Night Vision for some reason.
>>
>>54265591
(SKREEEEEEE) in binharic will always be hilarious

i really hope that loyalists get some more stuff for their mech and traitors get more stuff for their astartes in Angelus.
>>
>>54264976
>>54265230
We have this one, pretty sure it's from Frontline Gaming because that's where all ours were purchased. It doesn't seem to be on their site anymore, though, but I might be blind.
>>
I know this is the HH general and not the BL general however you guys are atleast knowledgeable about the fluff of the time period.
I just read the Daemonology short story and it seems to clash heavily with my understanding of the events surrounding Nikaea. It seems that Malcador and the Emperor planned Nikaea decades before it eventually happened? Before Mort was allowed to lead his legion Malcador showed him the plans for Nikaea. Why would this even be the case?

>‘You tell me you will refuse to serve if psychic potential remains in the Legions,’ ‘I believe you. It has been at the forefront of the Emperor’s mind for many generations. There are complexities to overcome, but much of His labour has been expended on that very question. This is a part of it.’
>'Imagine it,’ said Malcador. ‘If a way could be found to remove the warp from the arteries of the Imperium. If the armies of humanity could travel without use of the Navigator gene. If the psykers could be withdrawn from the Legions, steadily and with caution. We have already begun to prepare for this day. It will not be easy, for there are powerful forces ranged against us, both within and without.’

I mean at that point if they were planning this why was Magnus even created? Why were the TSons seemingly created with psychic recruits from Terra? Could anyone help me understand what this shit is about?
>>
>>54266647
I think the below is the operative sentence

>If the psykers could be withdrawn from the Legions, steadily and with caution
>steadily and with caution

I believe that they planned to remove psykers eventually but things like the flesh change and how loudly some people complained about the Thousand Sons forced their hand. There was nothing steady or cautious about Nikaea.

>I mean at that point if they were planning this why was Magnus even created?
Help with the webway project when the emperor needed it.

>Why were the TSons seemingly created with psychic recruits from Terra?
See above answer.

The Emperor made bad decisions but he never accidentally did things.
>>
>>54266647
Short answer: we don't know and BL is BL; I liked Daemonology for different reasons, mostly Morty instead of the actual story.
Long answer, it's no secret (to us) Emps planned to, eventually, not need the warp to travel. To have Mankind's empire not depend on the warp, which is why the previous Human Federation fell: because its individual worlds got isolated after the warp became impassable. That's what Malcador is saying in there.
>Why was Magnus and his sons a thing?
Tau are vulnerable to psychic shittery because they have no psykers of their own. That's what Magnus' get are for. They were our Imperial psykers, blessed with tools akin to the Emperor's Own Might to combat the xenos witch, which is doubly powerful than a regular xenos or a regular witch. They're monster hunters as well, solvers of problems with specialized tools, or multipliers of force.
That's the actual job of the Imperial psykers.
And at the beginning, that's the job they did.
Then they started to look too far into the abyss, into the Deep Warp, and Magnus wanted Unlimited Magik Works, unrestricted. Nu-uh, no way.
Many denounced him and his legion's ways, and even those who didn't really care about the use of restricted psykers cried for Magnus' Censure.
This was the tipping point, and the Emperor saw fit to simply continue his agenda of warp-withdrawal, by outlawing the use of combat psykers among the Legiones Astartes, which were the ONLY military body with that limitation.
Back in the day Wyrdwanes weren't that common, Primaris psykers even less so, and the Astartes could actually afford to not use psykers as they were already mighty soldiers gene-bred for war. And it was a matter of division among brothers. So it was settled.
...until Magnus decided he was too smart for rules, and fucked everything for everyone forever. The rest is history.
>>
>>54266732
>There was nothing steady or cautious about Nikaea.
I agree yet that seems like it was their plan. Nikaea wasnt rush nor called upon by others. Malc and Emps planned it according to this decades beforehand.
If as you suggest it was because of the flesh change or suspicions of sorcery then why even let it get to Nikaea. Deal with Magnus and his legion alone then do Nikaea for the others.

>Help with the webway project when the emperor needed it.
This makes sense however just seems like a large risk to then built a legion around it as well. It also makes me suspicious of how Magnus would have fared on the throne.Makes it seem that Magnus and he's legion were getting [REDACTED] not to far into the future no matter what happened.
>>
>>54266852
>I agree yet that seems like it was their plan
Eh, you can have a plan on the back burner for a while but then new events might force you to improvise. Doesn't matter if the idea has been considered for a while if it needs implementing right now.

>This makes sense however just seems like a large risk
I imagine you can't build a galaxy wide empire and uplift an entire species without a little risk.

>Makes it seem that Magnus and he's legion were getting [REDACTED] not to far into the future no matter what happened.
If the Emperor wanted Magnus dead he would have issued a direct kill order to Russ after Magnus' warning or gone himself, Magnus must have been fairly important to the Emperors plans. After this the webway project was pretty much dead in the water yet the Emperor still wanted Magnus at least around if under direct supervision.
>>
>>54237105
http://www.dickblick.com/products/golden-interference-and-iridescent-heavy-body-acrylics/?gclid=CMno3tC6gdUCFZO1wAodpvcH6w

You could also look at these guys if you want to fuck with a shiny look
>>
>>54266732
>There was nothing steady or cautious about Nikaea.
It's an Imperium of quadrillions, with navigators steering all ships using the psychic light emitted by the Astronomicon, astropaths being the SOLE means of faster than light communication, and battle-psykers serving in many branches.
Saying there are psykers everywhere is a massive understatement; the Imperium exists BECAUSE it has psykers, and the Emperor's plan was to remove every single one of them.
Forbidding the legions to use psykers was felt to them as a big thing...despite less than 5% of the 2 000 000 marines are psychic. But 100 thousand people are minuscule to a quadrillion humans. It was, indeed, a small first step.
It only happened to be that, because the Emperor is the biggest thing in the history of Mankind and in fact civilization is the best thing AFTER the Emperor, his "small steps" are big for everyone. Can't keep up.
>>
>>54263957
>which obviously the intent was to kitbash
I personally get really annoyed when a kit doesn't come with all the options that it can be equipped with.
>>
>>54266849
>I liked Daemonology
I liked it as well.

>Then they started to look too far into the abyss, into the Deep Warp, and Magnus wanted Unlimited Magik Works, unrestricted. Nu-uh, no way.
This however seems that it was always going to happen. Magnus and the Emperor always knew each other from Magnus's creation and met in the warp before Magnus was found.
The very first act the Magnus performed upon thier reunion was to use sorcery to save the TSons. This is something that the Emps and Malc knew as well. If anything the only solution to the Sons and Magnus was to keep them close and train them. Left to their own devises they were always going to stumble.
It also seems premature to ban all psykers within the legions. The TSons werent the only legion to ignore the Edict and the Great Crusade was far from over.

>and fucked everything for everyone forever.
>implying implications

>>54266942
>Doesn't matter if the idea has been considered for a while if it needs implementing right now.
It really didnt though did it?

>Magnus must have been fairly important to the Emperors plans
No this is what I meant not him killed. Him locked in the Throne and his legion removed. Because apparently the Emperors vision didnt involve having them around for very long.
>>
>>54265994
True, it looks like it's going to be the other way around, with DarkMech and two Loyalist Legions. Afterwards, though, I'm personally fine with leaving my Traitor Mech without toys for a while and giving the Loyalists some love. We have Inar, Anacharis, Draykavac and Kelbor, each of which is pretty fucking cool, and the Loyalists just have Decima, awesome as he is. We're all Mech together, give them some toys, Zagreus Kane or Land or someone.

>>54267007

Really? Why so, when it's great fun? Sure, it annoys me when they leave a couple parts out to be cheapskates, like the 40k Skitarii box only having one of each special weapon, but outright leaving no options for some units or models is WAY worse than just not providing a model. Converting is a good way to use spares and lets you Your Dudes it up.
>>
>>54267020
Pretty much. "Who needs a medic but the sick", like Jesus said. But the Emperor was too busy to babysit manchildren and watch they not only behaved, but also got along with each other and didn't disobey, crucify worlds on a whim, chainaxe people just because, sent mortals to play mine detector with their feet, made sure they weren't using unrestricted sorcery behind His back, made each of them feel valued and necessary, etc. That was the Warmaster's job. And for someone said to be First Among Equals, Horus sure was filled with insecurities. Insecurities which the chaos gods used to corrupt him.
By the way, I always felt Nikea was the Trial of Magnus the Red and his Thousand Sons.
How many psykers do you think there were on the rest of the other 17 legions?
>Implying it's an implication in the first place
You know it's the objective truth for all Imperials. Xenos and heretics aren't "people", you see :^)
>>
I got a hold on a recast Ixion Hale model. Not sure I'll play with the BoP Custodes much, but I'll have them available as allies or something.

Has anyone converted him up? Not sure I want the exact same Custodes HQ character as everyone else.
>>
>>54267132
I mean, Inferno even calls it "The Trial of the Sorceror" so no, I don't think that is just your opinion. Inferno is written by a Loyalist, obviously, as shown by the fact they use a Space Wolf Saga to cover up the fact Russ knowingly murdered a swarm of unarmed civilians including children just to get to some random Army regiment not in his way. Seriously, worst Primarch, and I say that as a WB player who doesn't give a damn about the whole SW/1kSons thing. At least Lorgar was a nice dude in person and didn't go out of his way to commit atrocities.
>>
>>54267132
>That was the Warmaster's job.
Nikaea was one year after Horus was named Warmaster I believe? So no not really. Especially as you say how important Magnus seemed for his plans.

>I always felt Nikea was the Trial of Magnus the Red and his Thousand Sons.
It named as such by many. Yet no evidence for any wrong doing was involved or charges put against Magnus. More likely as you say it because of the importance of the psykers within the TSons legion.

>You know it's the objective truth for all Imperials.
It really isnt. Attempting to blame Magnus for the HH is asinine.
>>
Does anyone know what the short story in which a man gets a lucky spear through a space marines armour so is inducted into the alpha legion?
>>
>>54267112
>Why so, when it's great fun?
I don't enjoy having to chase around parts just to use a model's listed options. That's why I bought the model. Adding little decorations here and there is different because they don't alter the stats of the unit. At the very least I want to be able to purchase the extras separately or buy it in my preferred loadout.
>>
>>54267309
>Nikaea was one year after Horus was named Warmaster I believe? So no not really.
You're going to deny it was the Warmaster's job to "use each of his brothers' strengths effectively, solving & preventing friction and pursue matters of war with the authority of the Emperor Himself"?
>Yet no evidence for any wrong doing was involved or charges put against Magnus
Which is why even people who openly favour neither side still called for Magnus' censure, I suppose.
>Attempting to blame Magnus for the HH is asinine.
I don't blame him for the heresy. I blame him for the destruction of the daemon-free future for humanity. Mistakes were made.
>>
>>54267554
>You're going to deny it was the Warmaster's job
No I was denying what you stated
>But the Emperor was too busy to babysit manchildren and watch they not only behaved, but also got along with each other
>That was the Warmaster's job.
Which is patently wrong in regard to Magnus and his legions relationship with the warp as Horus had very little time to do this before the Emperor stepped in. Deflecting the blame onto Horus makes no sense in this context.

>Which is why even people who openly favour neither side still called for Magnus' censure, I suppose.
People called for the TSons censure long before Magnus was found. The Horrors of the Age of Strife were hard to forget and so the legion faced prejudice from very early on after the appearance of their powers.
This seems clear as most of the legion who wished to censure Magnus as you say were against all psykers within the legions. Not just the TSons.
And no not as I supposed there was no evidence offered or charges laid against Magnus during Nikaea.

>I blame him for the destruction of the daemon-free future for humanity.
Why? Although he warning caused damage to the webway it was not him who fought to destroy it. The same forces Magnus warned about were the ones you did as you claim.
He also was happy to pay the debt for that damage until Prospero burned around him. If Magnus had been returned to Terra that future could have still been achieved.
>>
>>54267747
>Deflecting the blame onto Horus makes no sense in this context.
If left unsupervised, Curze flays, Angron charges and so on. Not sure anyone without psychic abilities could do anything about Magnus, and no one can do anything about Angron, but thing is they need supervision.
>This seems clear as most of the legion who wished to censure Magnus as you say were against all psykers within the legions.
Most, but not all. Some were true neutral but considered Magnus had overstepped, Perturabo was arguably against psykers in the legions due to the danger they represented, but wasn't openly calling for Magnus' censure.
What was his particular punishment for the thing he did anyway? I'd say "no more psykers" was punishment enough.
>If Magnus had been returned to Terra that future could have still been achieved.
Horus, Lorgar, ADB :^) and some others are, too, responsible for ruining the bright future. Many mistakes were made. The breach made by Magnus would have been repairable if there had been no heresy, but it did sap strength from the defenders of Terra. Not like Magnus was the one who mortally wounded the Emperor, or that Guilliman didn't ended up doing something similar by unwittingly diverting reinforcements away from Terra so they wouldn't be there in His hour of need. Many, many mistakes, for the heresy is supposed to be a tragedy.
The only way Magnus could have NOT shitted stuff up would have been to literally not move. Don't do anything, just be ready. That's how the Fists punched back at Phall.
And even then, Tzeentch would have found a way to fuck up some stuff
>>
>>54268015
>but thing is they need supervision.
I'm unsure where you are going or what you mean by this. I stated this exact thing earlier >>54267020
Like I said if this was the way the winds blew then Magnus and his legion should have been better trained for their purpose.

>Most, but not all.
Corax and Dorn? Anyone else I missed? Either way I'm unsure about why these guys felt that way as their fluff bores me to tears. Perhaps they had a valid reason but I suspect it was just fear or sorcery. I'd be interest to know why if you have any idea?
And btw I was wrong I forgot those ridiculous accusations from that SW rune priest and Mort in A Thousand Sons. They both did accuse Magnus directly so I was wrong about that. I guess that does make it even more clear why it was called a trial.

>The only way Magnus could have NOT shitted stuff up would have been to literally not move.
Sadly true.
>>
New bread coming up.
>>
>>54268963
>>54268963
>>54268963

Rolled a Militia and Cults thread, of all armies.
Everyone out!
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.