[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright You Glorious Bastards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: 1454889597321.jpg (159KB, 704x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1454889597321.jpg
159KB, 704x1000px
All right you glorious bastards, I need ideas.
> I've been running a kingmaker campaign.
> For the past 5 sessions I have been hyping the players on an abandoned temple full of undead.
> I want this to be memorable and scary.

Lore on what I have given the players so far will follow.
>>
File: skeleton.jpg (48KB, 487x352px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton.jpg
48KB, 487x352px
>>54231685
Sons of the Pale Horseman

A ruins that has different denizens through the age of Golarion, first was the Urdefhans during the Age of Darkness. Little is known of this time. The Urdefhans dedicated a temple to the Horseman of Death, Charon.
It is rumored in the deepest parts of the Catacombs there is an entrance to the Darklands below.

In 3120 the ruins was uncovered during a failed Settlement creation of Ustalav The site was soon abandoned among rumors of the lands being cursed and settlers disappearing. A monastery built atop the ruins was the only remaining testament of the Settlement.
In 3240, the Sons of the Pale Horseman was created. The temple was rebuilt and the monastery was named Charon's Rest. The monastery became a place of resistance to combat the increasing influence of the Lich King, The Whispering Tyrant flowing eastward from Virlych. The Order was dedicated to the eridication of The Whispering Way and their undead creation. The Sons forged an alliance with the Urdefhan inhabitating the Lower parts of the catacombs beneah the Monastery.
>>
>>54231702

Records that can be found in the Archival room show a decline in members and eventually end with the fall of the Whispering Tyrant in 3828. The site remained abandoned. It's only inhabitants that remain are the undying fanatics that remained to guard the Temple. Times passed and the monastery was lost to the elements. Only the tower remains visible hidden amongst the forest that grows around it.
>>
>>54231715
> Below is a cavalier order I created for the monastery.
Orders of Pale Horseman
"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Unknown
Cavaliers of this order seek out to destroy the undead of the Whispering Tyrant and those who harbor or creat them. Dedicated to stopping the cult of The Whispering Way, these knights specialize in using the armies of Undead against their master.

Mount: Any mount called by a Black Rider gains the skeleton template. While ridden by the cavalier it gains channel resistance equal to the cavalier's class level. This ability modifies, but does not replace, the cavalier's normal mount ability.

Order: A black rider must select Order of the Black Rider as his order:

Order of the Pale Horseman

Edicts: The cavalier must devote himself to protecting River Kingdoms and its people. He must obey the edicts of Charon without question. He must strive to restore the fragmented souls of the Whispering Tyrant. Some Sons serve the Order of the Shroud.

Challenge: Whenever an order of the pale horseman cavalier issues a challenge against an undead, his allies receive a +1 circumstance bonus on damage rolls against the target of his challenge whenever he is threatening the target. This bonus increases by +1 for every four levels the cavalier possesses.

Order Abilities: A cavalier belonging to the order of the pale horseman gains the following abilities as he increases in level.

Channel Negative Energy (Su): At 2nd level the cavalier gains the ability to channel negative energy as an evil cleric of his class level, regardless of his alignment. If he possesses the ability to channel energy from another source (even indirectly, such as via a paladin's lay on hands) it changes to channel negative energy.
>>
File: Charon.jpg (96KB, 721x1109px) Image search: [Google]
Charon.jpg
96KB, 721x1109px
>>54231744

Skills: A black rider adds Knowledge (religion) (Int) and Knowledge (nobility) (Int) to his list of class skills. An order of the black rider cavalier can make Knowledge (religion) skill checks untrained. If he has ranks in the skill, he receives a bonus on the check equal to 1/2 his cavalier level (minimum +1) when the check involves undead.

Bonecraft (Ex): At 8th level the cavalier is capable of crafting bonecraft weapons and armor. These items function as steel items of the same kind, except that they are non-metallic (and thus immune to effects such as chill metal and a rust monster's touch) and can only be used by a character with the ability to craft them. Bonecraft weapons deal +1d6 damage to living creatures (ranged weapons bestow this property on their projectiles). Bonecraft armor grants the wearer a +4 bonus on Intimidate checks, and DR/bludgeoning based on its weight (DR 1 for light, 2 for medium or 3 for heavy, +1 for every four levels thereafter).

Exoskeleton of Undeath (Ex): At 15th level the cavalier's bonecraft armor fuses to his body, and cannot be removed without killing him. He gains immunity to death effects, disease, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning, ability penalties, ability damage, ability drain, energy drain, fatigue, exhaustion and nonlethal damage. If he is already undead his turn resistance increases by +4.

Bone March: At 4th level the cavalier gains the ability to assume control of animated undead from a willing caster as a standard action. He must be within 60ft of both the caster and the undead to assume control. He may command a total number of Hit Dice of undead equal to double his class level, but may not control any individual undead creature with more Hit Dice than his class level. This ability replaces the cavalier's normal expert trainer ability.
>>
File: Pale horsemen.jpg (138KB, 576x792px) Image search: [Google]
Pale horsemen.jpg
138KB, 576x792px
>>54231759

Banner of Undeath (Ex): At 5th level, the cavalier becomes better able to direct his undead comrades. As long as the cavalier's banner is clearly visible, all allies within 60 feet receive +2 turn resistance and a +1 bonus on damage rolls against living creatures. At 10th level, and every five levels thereafter, these bonuses increase by +1. The banner must be at least Small or larger and must be carried or displayed by the cavalier or his mount to function. This ability replaces the cavalier's normal banner ability.

Bonus Feat: At 6th level, and at every six levels thereafter, in place of a bonus feat the cavalier may gain an oracle revelation from the Bones mystery (using his cavalier level in place of his oracle level). This ability modifies, but does not replace, the cavalier's normal bonus feat ability.

Greater Banner of Undeath (Ex): At 14th level, the cavalier's ability to command undead improves. All allies within 60 feet receive resistance 5 against positive energy and a +2 bonus on saving throws against control undead and similar effects. In addition, while his banner is displayed, the cavalier can spend a standard action to wave the banner through the air, granting all allies within 60 feet an additional saving throw against any one spell or effect that is targeting them. This save is made at the original DC. Spells and effects that do not allow saving throws are unaffected by this ability. An ally cannot benefit from this ability more than once per day. This ability replaces the cavalier's normal greater banner ability.
>>
>>54231786
> And of course magical items.

Shroud, Dead Man’s

DESCRIPTION
This dirt-stained cloak was woven in shadow from the burial shroud of a condemned murderer. It prevents nonintelligent undead from detecting you, as per the hide from undead spell. Intelligent undead can perceive you if they succeed at a DC 11 Will save. The warding is ended if you touch an undead creature, channel energy against undead , or attack any creature. Once per day as a standard action you can silently call forth the shadows bound into the shroud, rendering you invisible for 5 minutes.

CONSTRUCTION

Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, hide from undead, invisibility, Cost 3,000 gp
>>
File: Forests.jpg (171KB, 709x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Forests.jpg
171KB, 709x1000px
>>54231685
I decided that I wanted to make this a proper dungeon crawl for them and wanted to make it a multi layer dungeon. I chose to use the maps of the Horns of Abaddon for my temple.

My idea was to have only the very top watchtower visible in the forest and a half buried entrance below.
>>
File: Lower Caverns.jpg (402KB, 929x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Lower Caverns.jpg
402KB, 929x1024px
>>54231876
Here's a map of the temple.
>>
File: Temple.jpg (358KB, 762x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Temple.jpg
358KB, 762x1024px
>>54231902
Level 1 - 3
>>
Which area needs application of ideas?
>>
>>54232057

Mostly encounters. Whether they are undead or otherwise.

One suggestions I had was have a few skeletons trapped in a gelatinous cube. So if they get swallowed they get grabbed by the skeletons.

Or have a well in the very bottom that's water comes from the river of Styx.
>>
>>54231685
What edition? This is important.
>>
Are you familiar with the original setup of the Horn of Abbadon from Way of the Wicked? It's the map which you are using.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.