[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Curse Help!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Tribal-Back-Tattoo-Designs-21.jpg (139KB, 550x726px) Image search: [Google]
Tribal-Back-Tattoo-Designs-21.jpg
139KB, 550x726px
so recently i ran small encounter where a mysterious man with a deck of cards offered to play a game with people and the ask for anything as the wager. but if they lose they lose something of equal value to what they asked for.

the catch is even if they win, what they get is a trap too, so if you ask for wealth and lose, you lose all the money you own but if you win, the money is cursed or magic in some way.

in this situation the players were skeptical however each of them won the card game so they all won free gifts form the guy, and all are under the impression this was harmless.

>feelsgood.jpg

one guy got his sight back, one guy has rapid magic recovery, and one guy is the one I'm having issues with.

the player was covered in a magic branding covering his whole body, marking him as a traitor to his people and others who see this marking know him as a traitor.

now that his branding is gone hes really happy, now I'm stuck on what the backfire is going to be, whats the Genies curse? I'm trying to think how these brands are going to affect him.

help me out? I'm not very good at this haha, I'm pretty new.
>>
He is no longer a traitor. So what he done is now undone. He lose something that he get out of that treachery.
>>
>>54230347
ooh thats gold! i hadn't thought about something like this
>>
>>54230347
Alternatively, rather than simply treason he killed his entire clan, or whatever equivalent. He isn't marked as a traitor by them but he has genocide on his hands, and perhaps that isn't a secret.
>>
So whatr you gonna do bout the magic guy?
>>
>>54230311
Perhaps he's been wiped from the memories of his people and nobody will recognize him? He's absolved of his crimes but can never rejoin his friends and family?
>>
>>54230347
nice
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/oracle-curses/
>>
OP here, the plan for the others are

Mage: I'm planning on turning him into a magical beacon and have him attract tons of things that want to feed on that magic and have those who dont ike magic find him easily

Blind: he may begin to lose his other senses, maybe his magical detection abilities he had before he got his sight back. couldnt think of something brutal.

Drink: (i forgot to mention that the first player only bet for a good drink) the drink is powerful and as soon as he runs out its going to cause serious withdrawals worse than any hangover.

my first thought with that one was to simply drink it makes you sick, but i like the idea of NOT drinking it making you sick.

Branded: as of right now I'm going with what >>54230347 this anon said because that would be a very drastic downside for him.

if anyone wants to critique these go ahead, I'm very new.
>>
>>54230311

The blind guy who got his sight back:

> He finds that not only is his sight back, it's actually better!
> Slowly increases in range and clarity over time. Eventually becomes basically a human hawk.
> But it keeps going
> Becomes extremely sensitive to light
> Eventually it's painful to open his eyes unless it's completely pitch black
> Has to wear a double layered blindfold to keep the headaches away

So not only has he essentially gone back to being blind, for for a moment, he got to see the world brighter and more beautiful than anything ever before. It will haunt him for life. He will keep striving for another chance at vision.
>>
>>54238997
The guy who only asked for a nice drink should only get a hangover. The greedier the thing they asked for the bigger the penalty.
>>
>>54239819
Yep, hangover guy didn't take the bait and should be rewarded by being the omen of doom rather than permanently penalized.

Assuming "nice drink" is somewhere in the champagne to aged Pappy range. If he wanted literal ambrosia, let 'im burn. If it was literally just cold ale in a muggy dungeon, he doesn't deserve much worse than a roach at the bottom.
>>
>>54239819
>>54241964
yeah he didnt ask for much, he just asked for a good drink. so you think he shouldn't suffer anything? alright. he was brave enough to give it the first try.
>>
Bamp
>>
>>54244879
He should suffer, but not a lot. He smelled the bait and decided to test the water. He was not extremely greedy.
>>
>>54246635
Actually I can do more than just bump.

The branding begins to affect all his party members too, their allies and pets all suffer from these markings since they've faded off if him
>>
>>54230311
Can someone explain the appeal of this double twist nobody wins situation? TheI players don't like stuff being taken away from the for winning
>>
>>54248696
In most of this kind of scenarios, the thing the person wants is heavily disproportionate to the "winning" achieved (like getting your sight back for winning a fucking card game), that is considered "greedy" or, at the very least, not very heroic behaviour. Accepting shady deals is a p. stupid behaviour.
Most player will (begrudgingly) accept punishment for greedy and stupid behaviour, so they aren't going to bitch (much) about it or think is unfairly, and probably are kinda curious about what the "twist" is going to be.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.