[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would modern Earth in 2017 react to a Chtorr invasion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (5KB, 250x189px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
5KB, 250x189px
How would modern Earth in 2017 react to a Chtorr invasion?
>>
>>54228480
Eeeeeeew!
>>
>>54228489
/thread
>>
prrrt
>>
blep
>>
>>54232349

what's a blep?
>>
>>54232398
Chtorran fart noise

I personally think it would be a loud sputtering sound.
>>
>>54228480
I know a lot of you guys think U.S. military is horrible backwards, but please remember we haven't had a proper scrap for several decades. Additionally, some of our best gear and weapons tech is purposefully withheld to give credence to international weapons treaties.

If we could have some sort of xeno enemy that legitimately threatened human life on Terra, something that we could really let loose on, the Chtorr would be absolutely fucked.

We'd make weaponized space-AIDS to kill the Chtorr, we'd shower them with nerve gas, we'd strip the flesh from their skeletons with plasma casters, we'd vaporize incoming spores with railguns and LASER weapons. We'd gather living Chtorr and torture them, just so we could broadcast their screams to the stars and maybe scare their buddies. We'd find Chtorr-occupied zones and shower them in radioactive debris, just to make them die slow, miserable deaths. We would do all sorts of amazing and terrible things to drive them off Terra.

Odds are though, there would be some Chtorr-protection committee that would get started to establish rights for the Chtorr, so we'd drop the council members in with the bugs, see how much they like working with the xeno freaks then.
>>
>>54233105
They're not sapient, anon. They're just really, really dangerous animals that get released as part of an alien xenoforming attack.
>>
Saw this thread last night . Never heard of this series before now I'm one book down and chewing through the next one .
Just wanted to say thanks I'm totally hooked.
>>
>>54233862
Considering the mandala structures they're building in SA, I think it's not unreasonable to see them as sapient or semi-sapient.
>>
>>54233862

but who is behind the xenoforming attack?
>>
I asked chris avellone 1nc if he read the Chtorr series and he actually did. I could tell because the writing throughout fallout reminds me of the chtorr series

another video game I could see gerrold's influence in was the half-life series, nt just because of the fact it deals with giant worms and ends after 4 installments, but because it deals with characters and their problems which are caused by being around things that are completely inhuman
>>
>>54236118
Don't thank anyone for getting you hooked on this series. Apparently the author is even slower than George R.R. Martin. It has been literally 24 years since the fourth book was published and the author still is working on the fifth one.
>>
>>54236368
Nobody knows. Though given that in the books multiple super plagues wiped out 9/10 of humanity before the chtorran ecology even first appeared, somebody's behind it.
>>
File: 1.png (582KB, 666x668px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
582KB, 666x668px
>>54236633

a king of memes centering around entropy, perhaps?
>>
>>54236442

Annnd it gets creepier and creepier. First book is nice Xcomesque action.

When you get to underage alien sex cults, ehm....
>>
I think the creepy trend would have continued in the later books, what do you guys think would happen in the later books? What would end up happening to Jim? I mean, we know he's supposed to see something so crazy it makes him insane, but I'm curious as to what that would be, and I wonder how the next books would follow up with it.

According to Wikipedia, the next lifeform that is in a higher place in the chtorran hireachy are called "god bees" I wonder what god bees could be?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.