[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fapanese (i mean) Japanese Card thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: DSCN7157.jpg (897KB, 1200x915px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN7157.jpg
897KB, 1200x915px
So,
i fell down and spent money on Weiss Schwarz recently
who here does JTTCG?

i know Force of Will and Cardfight Vanguard are also things, but having actual series i have watched hooked me. i know Zillions of Enemies and WIXIOS are also games in japan?
the mechanics of these games seem different: i have only played WS, but i like the fact you level up, but that is also how you loose the game.

cheers
>>
File: Lion dad.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lion dad.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
I have to give them points for making all of the cards full art. YuGiOh and Magic are hard to look at as they use the same format that they have been using since the 90's.

I played Weiss Schwarz once. I didn't like the mechanics, and it looked like a lot of the sets weren't being translated. Playing Vanguard it seemed much nicer, and more unique mechanically. Force of Will is like mini EDH, and I love EDH, but I haven't bothered to find a playgroup yet. Luck & Logic also looks super interesting (At least, based on the TV show that is airing right now, pic related), but it looks like they stopped localizing sets so that kills it for me. I am not up to date with the meta for any of them, so for all I know they could all be awfully balanced messes.

As far as I can tell ZoE and Wixos aren't in English, though Webxos exists. I, and no one I play with is fluent enough at Japanese to really care about those games sadly.

To answer your question OP, no, I do not do JTTCG. To be entirely honest outside of the big three the only one I could really get a game in for would be Android Netrunner and Force of Will. I will have to just find a good decklist for FoW and give it a whirl some day. Too caught up with miniatures and board games lately.
>>
>>54227555
well written.

what makes you like Force of Will most?
>>
File: Yayoi.png (386KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
Yayoi.png
386KB, 850x850px
>>54227595
I have played Magic before, and liked EDH/Commander for one. The mechanics are already something that I generally enjoy. People actually play it near me as well. The art isn't bad either, and I like how they follow MTG's format with developing a story in every single set.

Thematically I honestly really want to try L&L. But as the set with all of the new characters will never grace the English language, it is hopeless. Maybe the FoW movie coming out will win me over in the end.

I wouldn't have an issue with playing Vanguard/Weiss Schwarz/Kaijudo either (I hated the show however, too shounen for my taste), but no one plays it and the only guy I knew who played those has since move away.
>>
best thing about WS is you can have Hatsune Miku get eaten by the female Titan. because the female Titan went in for 'toothbrushing'
>>
They should just make these games deckbuilders or LCGs. That way people would actually play them.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.