[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout Weekend General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 271
Thread images: 85

File: 1499171866103.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499171866103.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
Inflation Edition

https://www.dropbox.com/s/piljepe7l3wcd4c/Fallout%20The%20Big%20Apple%20Wasteland.pdf?dl=0
http://www.mediafire.com/file/779ocuy1quxa7qb/Fallout+PnP+Complete+Kit.zip
https://www.mediafire.com/?jpk043dwnhsf60i

https://archive.org/details/Fallout_201704
https://archive.org/details/msdos_Fallout_1997
https://mega.nz/#!gjIVQahB!LJV4dfPcibNyTP2FM2jRLYbBuNp-0kOudxD3ChGN7gU

Are you ready for Wasteland Warfare?
>>
File: 1473860411188.jpg (952KB, 1536x2044px) Image search: [Google]
1473860411188.jpg
952KB, 1536x2044px
How do you like your Fallout? A little grim and gritty, with a strong enough survivalist focus to force players to constantly prepare and think twice about fighting? Something fairly easy and with more focus on general exploration, or involving them in a story, with combat that anyone can overcome if they aren't dumb?
>>
File: 1417901368555.jpg (108KB, 345x500px) Image search: [Google]
1417901368555.jpg
108KB, 345x500px
>>
File: 1498956623521.png (26KB, 360x310px) Image search: [Google]
1498956623521.png
26KB, 360x310px
>>
File: breeze_by_woggywoowoo-d4a1fke.jpg (624KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
breeze_by_woggywoowoo-d4a1fke.jpg
624KB, 800x1067px
>>
>>
File: FNV_concept_art_Vegas_Skyline.jpg (3MB, 3009x1272px) Image search: [Google]
FNV_concept_art_Vegas_Skyline.jpg
3MB, 3009x1272px
>>
File: Thirteen-lined_ground_squirrel.jpg (200KB, 800x549px) Image search: [Google]
Thirteen-lined_ground_squirrel.jpg
200KB, 800x549px
Here's an idea I've been kicking about for a kind of creature for a Midwestern-focused game:

>Lots of people in the Midwest didn't have access to Vaults, some grew desperate
>a bioengineering firm saw this as an opportunity for experimentation and offered some genetic manipulation that would (with a 63.5% success rate) allow them to survive bombardment
>basically pseudo-science ground-squirrel and prarie dog DNA into people to allow them to dig burrows as a crude sort of vault, but without losing their human intellect
>lots of desperate people signed up, the program seemed successful especially immediately after the War
>but it turns out interbreeding with other people who had gotten the genetic manipulation caused the manipulated DNA to become more prevalent, the human side becoming more and more recessive
>still can use tools and some weapons, and work well with others of their kind, but have become hostile to humanity as a whole
>tl;dr mole people but they're prairie dogs and ground squirrels

Might be simpler to just have 'mutant prairie dogs,' but I wanted to give them an almost-human intellect which was hard to explain, and make them almost a parody of Vaults.
>>
File: Tiberiumbridge.jpg (463KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tiberiumbridge.jpg
463KB, 1920x1080px
Did anyone mix Fallout tropes with Shadowrun? I like this setting because it reminds me of C&C, if this makes sense. Might actually try to fuse it with SR as well.
>>
File: 1449612810321.jpg (83KB, 640x326px) Image search: [Google]
1449612810321.jpg
83KB, 640x326px
>>54221888
Well trips, in some senses the pre-War world has some elements of megacorporations with far too much power and other Shadowrun-like things. Problem is that it doesn't really have much in the way of fantasy, no evil space bugs or dragons and the only 'metahumans' are ghouls, and while there's enough tech for lasers and robots, there's not really any decking or seemingly much in the way of augmentation. There's just little there that's cyberpunk beyond a few small details.

Honestly while there's a little bit of punkiness in the Fallout setting, I would be loathe to include cyberpunk in general, especially Shadowrun and its mix of cyberpunk and fantasy. It just doesn't really fit.
>>
>>54220355
Personally, one thing I really liked that Bethesda games really introduced with the heavier influence on 50s Americana, so I like my fallout games to be heavily influenced by that. On top of that, I like for it to be deadly and dangerous, although with pockets of much more advanced civilization, with varying degrees of safety.
>>
>>54221587
sounds like you're into that furries shit, plus mole people were already done with the tunnelers
>>
File: VBlueSuit10.jpg (4MB, 2093x2020px) Image search: [Google]
VBlueSuit10.jpg
4MB, 2093x2020px
Any interesting ideas for Vaults? They seem pretty central to Fallout as a setting, but they also seem to be avoided a lot - I think Fallout 3 and 4 tarnished the idea of coming from a Vault for a few people.
>>
>>54224095
Tunnlers make sense for the Mojave because lizards go with the whole desert theme; the most 'midwestern' animal I could think of was a prairie dog. I'm not trying to make furshit, they're supposed to be far more animal than person, a real monster - it's just when they can't use tools all they really have are burrows and fighting in groups, and then they might as well be a giant ant colony or a cave of geckos. I want something interesting in of itself, not a copy-paste job of what's already been made. And I'm not trying to make players pity the persecuted rodent people - they're clearly dicks to humans, like orcs in most fantasy settings. Maybe like Skaven in WFB, I dunno.

Also it's kind of interesting to imagine people's desperate alternatives to vaults, because we don't really know what people did if they were scared about nuclear war but weren't one of the people chosen for a Vault-Tec program.
>>
File: WStreet06_0.jpg (3MB, 3192x1800px) Image search: [Google]
WStreet06_0.jpg
3MB, 3192x1800px
Say what you will about Bethesda, but I like that they tried to have an urban environment in both 3 and 4. Even if it was pretty crappy in 3.
>>
File: 1453589293147.png (3MB, 1536x2044px) Image search: [Google]
1453589293147.png
3MB, 1536x2044px
>>
File: VaultTechVaultSecure.png (1MB, 1188x495px) Image search: [Google]
VaultTechVaultSecure.png
1MB, 1188x495px
>>54225663
Vault 96
The whole vault is flipped upside-down. Otherwise, it's a normal vault.

Vault 102
Commie vault with no overseer.
>>
File: 1484320514398.png (3MB, 1167x1654px) Image search: [Google]
1484320514398.png
3MB, 1167x1654px
>>54225663
I made Vault 69, 999 women and one man. The vault was all set and prepared for pregnancies, ultrasounds perfect birthing areas. They have one generation of kids with the man, but the women in charge decide to exile him after 15-20 years.

Instead they use the tech to Collect the sperm cells found in bone marrow to reproduce instead. They exiled the man any any male children born, as well as any sympathizers. They became an all female faction, calling themselves the amazons. They are severely mutated from the inbreeding etc. There are a few who are not mutated named after Amazon leaders. Diana, Hippolyta, etc. They decorate the areas around their vault with various human remains like raiders, but they tend to focus on the genitals. In fallout if you see a head on a spike you may not think twice, you see some dudes dick on a stick that's another story.
>>
File: il_570xN.802873275_h3k7.jpg (75KB, 570x428px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.802873275_h3k7.jpg
75KB, 570x428px
>>
File: 1454880922970.jpg (92KB, 587x800px) Image search: [Google]
1454880922970.jpg
92KB, 587x800px
Why is this thread so dead? It was lively last weekend, and some of the early threads before that.
>>
>>54220355
It's a deadly wasteland, it needs to be tough and challenging. The stories that revolve around civilisation will have more weight when the combat and encounters reflect a treacherous and savage world.
>hedgeclipper falchion
We need more weapons made from household items or industrial equipment.
>>
File: gc5uazao778z.jpg (436KB, 1489x2880px) Image search: [Google]
gc5uazao778z.jpg
436KB, 1489x2880px
>>54222635
I also really dig the extra dose of 50s aesthetics that Fallout 4 added. Shame that the design was literally the best thing about that game, even if the design was really good.
>>
>>54232395
I keep forgetting the level of tech the Fallout universe is at. With Mr. House, I'm always skeptical at his claims about going into space within a hundred years - ignoring economics and supply, could the Fallout universe handle planetary colonization?
>>
File: Institute_outfit_concept_art.jpg (712KB, 2177x900px) Image search: [Google]
Institute_outfit_concept_art.jpg
712KB, 2177x900px
>>54232447
The tech level varies pretty heavily.

House is full of shit though. For a couple different reasons. The main one is that he would need to conquer at least the entire continental united states, probably all of North America and then some, to get the material and manpower resources needed to even begin thinking about space colonization. Stuff like Uranium and rare earth metals needed to make high quality electronics are hard to find and hard to refine. The tech is there, no doubt, but the question is the feasibility of building it.
>>
File: 1453592282437.png (3MB, 1536x2044px) Image search: [Google]
1453592282437.png
3MB, 1536x2044px
>>54232511
I'm more worried about if he'd be able to keep the NCR coming to New Vegas and spending their money, which he relies on to give him the wealth he needs to do what he's doing as far as I'm aware, but you have a good point. Main reason I can't support House - he's smart and I don't doubt that he's got the skill to pull it off, but he can't control the whole world. And even then his plan is just vaguely 'go to space and go somewhere else.'

Though back on tech level, I think the Institute went a bit too far, especially in its design. It's a little too curvy, too organic (it fits with the theme, but not with Fallout as a whole).
>>
File: FO4_Synths_and_Courser_Art_Book.jpg (452KB, 1536x2044px) Image search: [Google]
FO4_Synths_and_Courser_Art_Book.jpg
452KB, 1536x2044px
>>54232706
I think what they scaled back to is fine. It's supposed to be jarringly high tech. Separate from all the other high tech factions that have come before as well. It's somewhere between the outrageous hyper science of the Big MT and the more conservative steady evolution from Pre-War that is the Enclave.

The bioguns and early synth stuff are too far, but the institute lasers and environments that made it into the game don't feel too out of place to me. Especially given the direction they want with FO4's tech overall.
>>
>>54232706
Who else has a longterm plan though? The NCR just wants to expand across the wasteland, Caesar's Legion isn't much better being even more primitive. They're both inevitably held back by trying to build a civilization in a cheap energy and resource starved post-apocalyptic world. House wants to build a city-state that can stabilize the surronding region and its neighbors through trade to rebuild the infastructure neccesary to get into space and exploit new resources.
>>
>>54232912
I think the main problem with House is that he isn't really selling his ideology at all. Outwardly he just looks power hungry with no real motivation. All his immediate subordinates are only loyal because he pays them and his robots keep them safe. The robots are the only thing he has direct control of. Someone will eventually figure out a way to hijack or otherwise subvert the machines, and then he's fucked. He needs an actual human power base. In game, he doesn't seem to have any interest in cultivating that. He already almost got fucked by Benny and then probably got fucked by the Courier.

It just doesn't strike me as sustainable. Especially because the NCR could have wiped him out by now if they really had to, but they're too busy with the Legion to want to try.
>>
File: House_end_slide_01.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
House_end_slide_01.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>54232960
I don't think House honestly has to worry about someone subverting his network. The guy is a genius who built the world's premier robotics company from the ground up and knows his operating system better then anyone else alive, the only reason Yes Man can take control of the network is because either you kill or lock him out beforehand. After the upgrade and with the Vault intact he's got an army of Securitrons (likely with the ability to produce more) tougher then power armored soldiers, capable of self repair, with a multipurpose arsenal of weapons, and that within range are all networked directly to his will in real time. He's in a precarious place at the beginning, but House's position in his ending is incredibly secure by design. If he says he can get people into space then he's run the simulations and crunched the numbers hundreds if not thousands of times to be sure. I do agree that not having a human element beyond the Three Families is a liability, Benny was ment to become a representative for this and the Courier could definitely cultivate it though. His only real weakness is that he doesn't have a human face to represent him.
>>
>>54232511
I'm not sure if House is necessarily lying. I prefer to think of House as just incredibly arrogant. If you take the things he says at face value, he's pretty much the correct, objectively best choice for an ending of the game, but it also doesn't really make sense in there.
>>
>>54232395
I liked the verticakity of it. But I miss the giant, spooky art-deco faces that 1&2 loved and even 3 used occasionally, they were really rare in the metal and plastic metropolis of Boston.
>>
>>54233713
I am not sure he knows his own OS very well, even Doctor 0 managed to turn on the securitron missiles and grenades, while house was busy having cybersex (though he never got the autorepair/reactive armor working.)
>>
>>54232912
To me, House is focusing too far on the future and ignoring the present, not as much long-term as far-sighted. From how he talks, you could forget the war even happened, and he assumes that so much will keep going on as it does - that the Legion will crumple, that the NCR will keep on coming to New Vegas with armfuls of caps. I trust the NCR or even the Legion to at least care about surviving in the present and actually doing something to accomplish that, you know?

>>54232960
On that point, I can see why House prefers working with robots. When he works with people, he recognizes talent, but doesn't work well with individual motivations or fears. Michael Angelo is useful to House due to his artistic talents, but seems overworked. The Families keep the Strip running for house, but he waves off any discontent among them. Even when the Courier asks at one point something like 'don't you care what happened to Benny?' House just mocks him and says that he doesn't care about Benny anymore. Don't you care that the Courier might have left a loose end, one that came close to undoing you? He's egotistical, in a way that's deserved but doesn't make it any less of a flaw.

>>54234115
I was actually surprised to see so much verticality in 4 - that was something they'd skimped out on with Skyrim.
>>
>>54222315
Agreed. Thanks for guidance.
>>
>>54222315
There can be some good augmentations though, if you wanted them. There are already some simple ones in the games, but you could, say, retool the Institute to make that their bag. Just throw in augmentations on top of synths. And also have synths with those augmentations. For example, Coursers. Hyped up as being massive death dealers, but in the end they're pretty underwhelming. But if that Courser is essentially Adam Jensen, it would be a different story. It would also fit with their whole 'improve upon humanity' angle.
>>
File: 1449614292154.jpg (450KB, 1100x1423px) Image search: [Google]
1449614292154.jpg
450KB, 1100x1423px
>>54235825
They could have done it, and there were augmentations present in the game, but it was usually a stat-boost of some kind - the augmentions you could get at the medical clinic in New Vegas, the Cyborg perk in Fallout 3. Even Fallout 4 had it, though it only really used it as a way to explain Kellog's oddly long life.

As far as I'm aware it is very rare to have a mechanical arm or robot eyes or something like that, unless you're as far as being a robobrain already.
>>
Can I ask you a question, /fog/ on /tg/? When you play the games, how many weapons do you carry on you? I'm playing through Fallout 4 right now, and I usually have almost every hotkey with a weapon in it, except one for stimpaks. I have a Railway Rifle (for fun), a plasma rifle (using as a DMR), an automatic laser rifle (short stock), the .44 (sidearm), Big Jim (hooked, melee) and a maxed modded double-barrel shotgun all on my hot key. Oh, and the Cryolator. This is after removing two more melee weapons, the Deliverer, and a Heavy Combat Rifle from my hot key. Am I carrying too many weapons? I'm thinking about trimming down (for weight issues and immersion purposes), but I kind of want to keep them all.
>>
>>54232912
The pre-war world was on the brink of an energy and information technology revolution with fusion power finally filtering down from the military to the civilians, the creation of transportation that didn't require oil, the recent invention of integrated circuits etc.
>>
>>54236697
If doing a general guns / energy build and not something specialized, I carry something with cheap and common ammo (10mm, 9mm, .357) in pistol or carbine form to deal with weaker enemies. A shotgun or SMG for close range work, a rifle for medium and a scoped weapon for long-range usage. So four weapons, typically. Take missile launchers or the fat man when the situation requires it but otherwise leave it at base.
>>
>>54237375
>the situation
>not calling for a fat man or rocket launcher
I bet you're the kind who stops shooting once the enemy dies
>>
>>54236697
My play through is hardly immersive but I carry two rifles kellogs pistol a shotgun a plasma pistol a melee weapon and the railway rifle
>>
>>54232706
The Institute's technology is too good. There's no reason that they shouldn't've taken over by now. There's no reason that the BoS should be a threat whatsoever.

I think Beth added teleporting so they could easily drop in Synth enemies and make the Institute hard to get into, but they never really considered the implications of the technology.
>>
File: 1421131727969.gif (1008KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
1421131727969.gif
1008KB, 500x268px
>>54236697
One thing you should know is that Fallout games (at least the newer ones) tend to reward you for carrying a lot of weapons and being ready for any occasion - it's not like games where you have four hard weapon slots, or a strict inventory area. So you're probably fine for carrying a lot of weapons in a game that does focus a lot on shooting shit.

That said, ideally I would carry a a melee weapon/an unarmed weapon, a sidearm (some sort of pistol), a shotgun, and a long-ranged weapon (usually a lasrifle), with some grenades and mines. But usually I also carry weapons that might be useful - an SMG or a Laser RCW, a Plasma Defender that might be as useful as Lucky, a few varieties of rifle. It's kind of a mess, but I can't bring myself to drop most of the 'spares.'
>>
>>54238243
It's unfortunate that you could fast travel from institute to any other location. Because realistically they can jump straight into the railroad hq as soon as you put the coordinates in or the prydwin.
>>
So for character backstories from the games we have:

Vault
Tribal descended from Vault
Vault
Courier
Vault

Are there any other good ideas for a source for characters?
>>
>>54239577
Let's be real, none of this is really well thought out. The Railroad is hiding from an organization of geniuses that excel at espionage and infiltration. Their only cover is a lame scavenger hunt that a third grader could (and probably has, stupid parents buying their kids M rated games) puzzle out.
>>
>>54239915
>Raider
>Cultist
>Small town
>Refugee
>Settler
>>
>>54239929
Courser pretends to be an escaped synth
Gets picked up and taken to safe house
Tortures person for location of railroad hq
Railroad eats shit

Courser hears about the freedom trail
Railroad eats shit

Replace a railroad member with a synth
Railroad eats shit
>>
>>54239929
Question is, why are they doing this in the first place? Why do some people care about rescuing synths, when everyone else seems almost irrationally terrified of them? It's the exact same thing they did with slaves or ghouls in Fallout 3, you know? Here's the people you should pity, here's the people who are helping them, don't even ask about why and how.
>>
I've been talking to a friend about a plotline in my current-running Fallout game, and I really like where it's going.

Arizona, post-Legion's demise, NCR is a presence, Courier/Vegas status unknown, but the latter intact and running.

The party just heard from a desert ranger that he was tracking a serial killer called the Queen of Hearts. Fancied cutting up victims with a single swipe of a heavy weapon, putting them on display, and shoving a card of her namesake into their mouth.

We discussed that the Queen was probably the leader of a tribe that got absorbed into the Legion near the end of their campaign. The Queen, being a woman, was turned into a slave, but she wouldn't break. So to that end, Caesar had her imprisoned in a cave that they collapsed, trapping her to die slowly.

Subsisting on irradiated water and whatever flora and fauna were in the cave, she slowly ghoulified, eventually managing to escape one way or another.

By the time she escapes, seeking vengeance, she finds out that the NCR already killed Caesar and the Legion is dissolved. Losing most of her will and sanity from the ghoulification upon hearing that her goal and express purpose for escape was already lost, she went a little nutso, and decided to take her frustration out on the NCR troops who participated in the raid that killed Caesar.

Tracking them down and killing them one-by-one, she perhaps tries and fails to take out the Courier (I'm unsure how to handle the Courier in my game yet), and flees to Arizona.

Clues to finding her will include checking the inn she rested at to find a deck of playing cards sans the queen of hearts, perhaps the innkeeper was murdered by the Queen as well, and the party can track the deck of cards to a local trader for more information.

Thoughts?
>>
>>54241683
its a shame this song is from the 80s. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0DK-0fIKCw
>>
File: tumblr_n7hs9wXdsf1riawyco1_1280.jpg (301KB, 1280x1552px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7hs9wXdsf1riawyco1_1280.jpg
301KB, 1280x1552px
>>54239915
Brotherhood Initiate
Enclave Remnant
Ghoulified Fifth Columnist
Undercover Frumentarii
Desert Ranger
>>
>>54241438
One of the things that bothered me in particular about the Railroad, but also in general with Fallout 4 is that there isn't any slavery. They somehow know that Synths are held in bondage by the Institute, but then on the other hand there are no slaves in any of the other factions of the game so that they can have some sort of moral high ground. It's absolutely inane.

>slaves in Fallout 3

Made sense, outside of the Mesmerizer bullshit, there were people willing to use and tolerate slavery, and those that weren't.
>>
>>54241683
Main worry I have is that a card missing from a deck is a little too subtle, and I don't see how you're supposed to track a card deck unless it really stands out somehow. You need to draw a stronger connection between the innkeeper and the trader, maybe some local toughs working for the trader bully the innkeeper a bit, and that makes the players go 'aha the trader is suspect,' and the trader reveals he's somehow working with/for the Queen. Maybe he gives the party some concrete information about her that otherwise they've only had rumors on.

Could have a little fun with games of Caravan - maybe the Queen of Hearts has some informants that she keeps in contact with to keep her in the know about NCR patrols, and they know to signal their loyalties to each other by certain opening hands, like starting with towns with a heart card in each of them. I remember you talking about this the other day, sounds interesting.

>>54242054
Main part that bothered me about Fallout 3's slavery was how until the Pitt came out, there was no explanation on who was buying all the slaves getting captured. There were former slaves, escaped slaves, even people dealing with slavers, but where were the buyers? Until the Pitt, that was just unexplained, and I feel like that's more of a weakness than the Mesmatron - though I do wish instead of it you could've forced wounded enemies to surrender or something.
>>
What would have happened if the Shi or someone else shot down Horrigan's Vertibird when he came to kill Matt at the San Fran BoS?

OBVIOUSLY it wouldn't kill him, but he'd be surrounded by "Dirty muties" Dirty CHINESE muties at that, and well armed ones.

Also do you think that Avellone broke the scripting on the Deathclaw Good End on purpose? Grimdark bastard. (Or just a realist, slow breeding aside, they'd have outcompeted humans in a few generations.)
>>
>>54244327
Of course he did. Avallone hates what Fallout is actually about.
>>
>>54238243
Even the Big Mountain Teleport felt like, half canon at best. Just an asspully SCIENCE! way to let you go back and forth.
>>
>>54244345
And what is it about?
>>
>>54244369
War never changes.

Civilizations rise, they fall, they rise again, they repeat the same mistakes while slowly grinding forward. People are people, and nuclear war isn't gonna change that.
>>
>>54244388
For the unfamiliar - what does the Deathclaw Good End have to do with that central theme, and what does Avellone seem to prefer instead?
>>
>>54244457
He's slightly less enthusiastic about letting civilization rebuild completely before it falls again than his coworkers.
>>
>>54244352
I would have loved it if one of the institute scientists just gleefully explained that every time you teleport that's your body exploding and then matter being recombined in an approximate shape of you.
>>
File: 1452872873925.png (70KB, 450x289px) Image search: [Google]
1452872873925.png
70KB, 450x289px
>>54245442
>I don't get why you're so horrified - we've gotten very good at it, to a 99.9% degree of success! We can break down and rebuild whole bodies atom by atom in the span of a second, to a level that the average doctor could only guess about in terms of biology! We don't even need tanks of random matter on hand anymore, we can just use particles in the air! Imagine how many electrons have to be cut off and squeezed onto new neutrons in a microsecond of time. That's where the blue flash comes from, actually.
>>
The war never changes line doesn't really mean anything other than sounding cooler than "human nature never changes" or something like that. Unless you count power armour guys having a beef with each other and/or mutants NV is the only one that's even about a war.
>>
>>54245979
It makes sense to me because after this huge war that literally destroyed the world as we know it, people are still fighting the same way, and over similar ideologies and and motivations and all. War never changes isn't just an admission of human nature, but an admonishment - why hasn't war changed? What does it take to change, if the end of the world changes nothing?
>>
File: 6877249577_45c32dbb11_o.jpg (4MB, 2354x2850px) Image search: [Google]
6877249577_45c32dbb11_o.jpg
4MB, 2354x2850px
>>54220355
I like to see it as a realistic interpretation of cheesy Sci-Fi B-movies, with some depressing examinations of the human condition. It also works much better in an episodic formula in my opinion. That's what made New Vegas so fun: there's an overarching story but with little self-contained vignettes. The whole thing should feel like a Spaghetti Western, with dirt-farming communities in the middle of nowhere having to fend off enemies. Only instead of banditos and injuns, it's giant scorpions and raiders.

So MST3K meets old Western Serials meets Kurt Vonnegut I guess.
>>
File: 6876950003_788db3f83e_o.jpg (915KB, 1586x638px) Image search: [Google]
6876950003_788db3f83e_o.jpg
915KB, 1586x638px
>>54219699
Thread Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFlEIQbmr5o
>>
File: Swampfolk.png (831KB, 1146x792px) Image search: [Google]
Swampfolk.png
831KB, 1146x792px
How are these fuckers so tough?
>>
>>54247762
Inbreeding is a very powerful tool.
>>
File: Fallout_7e9bf9_5846171.jpg (75KB, 540x680px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_7e9bf9_5846171.jpg
75KB, 540x680px
>>54247762
Incest naturally breeds hillbilly resilience and tard strength. Also, something ain't right in all that Punga fruit they eat.
>>
What would have been a better way to get to Big Mt. than teleportation?

I want an alternative that makes me feel like less of a hypocrite for hating Fo4's teleporters.

>>54247762
Fo3 (And to a good degree New Vegas) scales up HP obscenely (To the point you need to abuse the bugged coding on non-vats shotgun sneak criticals to make guns feel actually dangerous.

Also now that I've played Fo2 I really appreciate how well FNV blended both the classics and what Bethesda added. (And the Reinforced Combat armor.)
>>
>>54250095
In FNV teleporting to Big Moutain made sense because that's all it was used for and it deposited you back at the satellite. The Think Tank were to wrapped up in their own insanity to ever capitalize on the tech. The Institute is an actual Faction with intelligent non-lobotomized scientists who should realize "Hey, couldn't we just teleport a bomb onto the Prydwen and bring these luddites crashing down?".
>>
>>54250364
I guess. I still wasn't a huge fan.
>>
Let's share ideas for tribes and raiders.
>The Chain Walkers
Decades ago, a large group of common criminals were pressed into chain gangs by one of the few civilized settlements. They eventually overthrew their wardens, and their descendants wear chains to denote ranks and personal achievements.
>>
>>54252720
So kinda like the powder gangers but a few generations removed?

Could be cool.

I have a Raider/Tribal group called the Venomheads, tame Nightstalkers and Radscorpions and the elite among them can control Cazadores, they're in rough terrain in Arizona filled with said creatures so Legion scouts marked the place as uninhabitable and they were bypassed.

There's also their rivals in a town that got some super cleaning products and waste recycling systems, turned their sewers into a communal shelter and then built a surface fort in the old trainyard/light industrial district.

Some leaks turned a chunk of the population into ghouls, and those ghoul citizens and some barrels of waste from their reactor were used to spook legion scouts into thinking the area was ONLY fit for ghouls.

They use a lot of industrial gear. (Bits of the Pitt's stuff, the Helmeted Cage armor from Fo4, H&H nailguns, railway rifles.) and have a codependent but rough relationship with the Venomheads.
>>
Are the Grav-plates that turn the highwayman into a hovercar if you get it stolen after beating Horrigan in Fo2 canon. I mean there are plenty of small floating bots, but upscaling it to an entire car?
>>
>>54253144
It doesn't actually change the sprite, right? I always got my car stolen for upgrades before beating the game. I assume the car still drives on wheels, the hover element just makes it lighter, thus faster and more fuel efficient. An actual flying/hover car would fit the pre-war aesthetic but it would've been something like a cutting edge prototype.
>>
>>54253144
>>54253407
I got it stolen early as well, and it's too late in my playthrough to bother installing the restoration mod. (The Deathclaws are already dead despite the fact I killed the man that was gonna snitch on them being too smart and fixed the BoS-supplied vault computer so Enclave override commands could be responded to with fake all-clears.

Why install a patch that fixes something when it's too late to not get the broken ending?
>>
File: Mutant_epoch-rpg-cover.jpg (107KB, 472x576px) Image search: [Google]
Mutant_epoch-rpg-cover.jpg
107KB, 472x576px
>>54219699
So I'm sure you've guys experimented with other systems for your Fallout/post-Apoc fix. Any particular recommendations?

I've recently been getting into Mutant Epoch. It's a fairly interesting system, essentially a d100 system with lots of rolling on tables for mutations/cybernetics, and so on. The mechanics are solid, if a bit wonky, but I suppose that's appropriate for the setting. Its default setting is essentially pre-NCR California, but with a few unified Mutant settlements and, conversely, anti-Mutant purist populations. And, as another anon in the thread touched upon, it does cover some stuff that vidya won't touch, such as extensive slavery and other not-so-nice topics.
>>
>>54247762
It wasn't as much their health or stats, but their shotguns - to quote the wikia:

>However, unlike other Point Lookout weapons affected by this additional damage, the double-barrel shotgun applies this damage per pellet, making it possible for the weapon to apply an extra 315 damage if all 9 pellets strike the player character. Additionally, this damage ignores Damage Resistance and is independent of the condition of the weapon, making it especially deadly in the hands of swampfolk and other non-player characters.

So imagine you stumble upon a gang of three swampfolk, and two of them have axes and sledgehammers and one has a shotgun. You have to try and take them all out, while this shotgun is able to ignore any protection you have from perks, drugs, or even power armor. And since they're fairly tough to kill, you have to risk a lot of shotgun shots, with even a partial shot doing a ton of damage.
>>
>>54255189
Ahhh yes, the same bug that applied bonus nonVATS critical damage to the player's weapons applies to that special "High level enemy" perk.
>>
>>54252720
>The Union

A group of raiders based around the descendants of a miner's union in Appalachia (could move to other areas). For a while they traded the product of their mines, a process slowed by their semi-ritualized strikes and sit-ins, but now that the mines are running out of ore they're being forced to turn to raiding other communities. Their leader is called 'the Rep.'
>>
File: NCR doglovers.jpg (323KB, 1280x1364px) Image search: [Google]
NCR doglovers.jpg
323KB, 1280x1364px
The real reason the NCR doesn't use dogs like the Legion or the Fiends.

Too distracting!
>>
>>54257940
But NCR guard dogs exist.
>>
>>54258073
Ah shit, they use them a lot less, I can't remember too many anywhere but HELIOS 1.
>>
>>54258152
I found it weird how they looked like Vicious dogs, though I'm glad they weren't just like Legion mongrels. I figured they'd look like a standard dog. Apparently they're also at Forlorn Hope, though I can't remember seeing one.

I kind of wish more factions had dogs, I don't know why. I have a soft spot for the Powder Gangers, and it might have been cool for them to have tamed a few wild dogs or even coyotes you can see wandering around in the areas they're in.
>>
With Beth going with these supposedly "emotionally deep" plots or whatever Todd called them, how would you feel if the next Fallout just had a totally inane main quest line? Like you're tracking down a cattle thief that stole your prize winning Brahmin, and you've followed him to this new region embroiled in a conflict. And while the main quest is finding (and later possibly avenging your precious Brahmin) along the way you get caught up in the various factions and settlements and Vaults, classic stuff like that.
>>
>>54259665
I'd be pretty alright with that. RPing as an Brahmin rancher with a mind for revenge for his prize brahmin, Betsy, would be fucking priceless.

Actually, can we just take Fallout 4 and change all of the lines about Shaun with the word Brahmin? That'd be hilarious too.
>>
>>54259665
That's basically NV except someone stole your delivery (they key to New Vegas but you don't know that) and then you track them down and murder them. Why? Because you're the best goddamn courier that ever was.

But yeah, I'd take anything that isn't Bethesda trying to be emotional and deep.
>>
>>54259665
I wouldn't mind that, especially since it means that you get more room to play with what sort of character you are, even if you're stuck as a Brahmin rancher. Having an 'emotionally deep' plot requires that they control what sort of character have almost to the point that you can't really decide anything about them without ignoring your own backstory. And I find it hard to relate to being the son tracking down his dad, let alone being the dad desperate to find his son.
>>
>>54259665
>>54260711
Yeah, maybe even a ranch hand rather than a full time rancher. A recent hire that the bossman had treated real well. Boom. Vague life before signing on.
>>
It's strange that Fo4 dropped the Incinerator since even Obsidian liked it enough to include normal and heavy Incinerators.
>>
>>54243369
Well, just played out a part of the investigation. They checked out the inn, saw nobody at the front, and rang the bell for attention. When nobody came out, they checked out the back room, finding the innkeeper bleeding out with a headwound.

They call a doc over and get him patched up, where the guy says, in a broken murmured sentence, that he "picked the red card and lived."

Scoping out the rest of the inn, they find three names had been signed in within the last week, most recently "Chase", reportedly a black-haired individual, the description being also defined by the Ranger as one of the descriptions for the Queen suspect. Poking in Chase's room, one player finds a deck of cards on the table, sans the queen of hearts. In addition to this, the innkeeper describes how he has been being extorted by one of the larger trading companies in town.

The doc then tells them he last saw someone by the description given heading east, so that's where they're heading now. But the party observes that, since the Queen uses only one card and leaves the deck behind, they must chew through decks quickly, and should probably investigate a nearby trader. Now they're conflicted on whether to keep going "west" to track the Queen, or double back and grill the local traders.
>>
>>54260711
You don't even need to be a Brahmin rancher. Cook-Cook, a raider, had a Brahmin that he loved.
>>
>>54260711
>Fallout 3
>son trying to find his dad
>Fallout 4
>dad trying to find his son
Way to think outside the box there, Beth. Really using the old noodle.
>>
File: fallout_girl_by_slight_shift.jpg (70KB, 669x700px) Image search: [Google]
fallout_girl_by_slight_shift.jpg
70KB, 669x700px
>>54262301
It kinda makes sense if you think about how they're imagining they might grow with their audience, or how a player might just enjoy the situation being reversed - father passes judgement on you in 3, you pass judgement on your son in 4. But it is still odd to me how TES stories are comparatively better, at least in my mind, to anything I've seen them do in Fallout.
>>
>>54262301
>>54262301
>Fallout 1
>villain kills off humans and replaces them with super mutants
>Fallout 3
>villain kills off mutants and replaces them with humans
>Fallout 4
>villain kills off humans and replace them with synths
Bethesda can't even come up with their own plots to rehash.
>>
>>54263633
Sounds like the kind of thing people would think is deep but really isn't, at all. And let's be real, it's a very, very minuscule part of Fallout's player base that enjoys these character plots. Most people don't care at all, just wanting to go through and shoot and loot, while others actively dislike them because of how restrictive and shallow they are, especially for an RPG. New Vegas did it best. Just an occupation. Nearly everything else was up to the player.
>>
>>54250364
Big mountain is also allowed to have shit like teleporters because the entire dlc goes EXTRA HAM on the entire 80's futurama science. With silly ray guns and red spandex space suits with large fishdome helmets.

All of big mountain exists in a sort of, almost dreamlike, state where you arent sure how canon what you just experienced really is.
>>
>>54241683
In your setting how did NCR radically transform so it could just straight up smash the Legion?
>>
>>54270230
I think he's going with a "With Caesar, Vulpes, Lanius, and Lucius all dead the Legion fractures into Civil War" rather than the NCR just outright smashing them.
>>
>>54244828
You're stupid if you think civilization would reach prewar levels in one try. How many societies rose and fell before we got here? Ever hear of the Bronze Age collapse?
>>
>>54270230
I'm keeping it vague for a time until I can decide how I want to truly approach it, but there's a few methods. Most easily, if I want to go the true path of "NCR fucked the Legion," the Courier is the new factor that beat the NCR into shape. But if I decide to twist things in a way different from the game, it doesn't mean the Courier had to ally with the NCR. I could easily just say they helped wipe the Legion out, whether independent, House, or what-have-you, and leave the fate of everything else undecided. That's assuming I even want a Courier figure at all.

Otherwise, what >>54270398 said.

If I bend it
>>
>>54270398
Wouldn't the NCR start fracturing as well? The Legion was the only thing that would've forced the NCR to reform. If it just defeats it for free, none of the NCRs many cancers get cured.

Which would be an interesting setting. I don't think I've ever seen anyone discuss what a post NCR California would look like.
>>
>>54262007
https://youtu.be/X_Yysg7tySA
Cook-Cook and all the Fiends had some great cut content.

>>54270402
>Bronze Age collapse
I too watched my recommended videos.
>>
>>54267261
>All of big mountain exists in a sort of, almost dreamlike, state where you arent sure how canon what you just experienced really is.
Hell, Mothership Zeta bothered me a lot less than the Institute stuff. I really like that they try to make the DLC a major departure from the main game in some way, instead of just giving you more of the same. The difference is it's carefully segregated off from the main game. The Institute felt so out of place because it was the focal point of the main plot (which was itself much more prominent than it was in previous games), and you were forced to pay attention to how far they'd strayed from the original premise of Murrican Mad Max
>>
>>54270536
>post NCR California would look like.
A bunch of city-states trading and occasionally warring. The NCR infrastructure is still there and cities like Shady Sands and The Hub will have an interest in maintaining it for trade. The areas between the city-states will become more dangerous with raiders and other scum moving in, the NCR Rangers form back into the Desert Rangers and try to keep the law as impartial protectors of the weak.

The Shi become the strongest community.
>>
File: 1444051115725.jpg (181KB, 1280x652px) Image search: [Google]
1444051115725.jpg
181KB, 1280x652px
This is more a gameplay related question, but I'm curious: how do you handle your Special skills? I tend to be reluctant to put more than perhaps one or two down below five, and even then I don't move lower than a four. Conversely, this means my stats never go much higher than a seven. But I know there are plenty of other people that prefer certain stats to be very low to get others very high.
>>
File: 1471741661837.png (840KB, 2001x2800px) Image search: [Google]
1471741661837.png
840KB, 2001x2800px
>>54270536
Eh, I take issues with "only" the Legion being able to reform the NCR in any way or form, alone from the fact in both Independent and House-endings, people like Chief Hanlon potentially are trying to change shit within the nation.

I can easily see guys like Lee get ousted at first, until the Legion ACTUALLY starts knocking at their doors, which might vindicate their views. But that's pretty much just speculation, like almost everything else.
>>
>>54272694
Rolling
>>
>>54272155
>He does more then just porn.
Awesome.

I don't like people who dump stats, it just feels counterintuitive to playing an RPG for me. I try to keep an even mix except for 9/8 Endurance with TTW for all the implants. The orginials were easier about having both good and balanced stats thanks to Gifted.
>>
>>54273328
>I don't like people who dump stats, it just feels counterintuitive to playing an RPG for me. I try to keep an even mix except for 9/8 Endurance with TTW for all the implants. The orginials were easier about having both good and balanced stats thanks to Gifted.
I'd say F3 is even easier, there's no downside but time and a feeling that you're metagaming to getting the bobbleheads, and FNV it's just caps which you should be swimming in.

I can't really justify lowering SPECIALs below four if even that, or taking huge hits to skillpoints.

...I abuse the practically nonexistent drawback FNV's Skilled has, and the bugged way it works with the Sink Auto-doc for +10 to everything.
>>
File: Fallout-Mutants-Concept-Art.jpg (135KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-Mutants-Concept-Art.jpg
135KB, 900x563px
>>54273328
I don't think it's necessarily counter-intuitive to playing an RPG, if you specifically want a character that's not good at something but really good at something else. Like, a strong dumb character obviously isn't going to be able to talk things out, or just might not have the skills to solve a problem that someone with a higher Medicine skill could - they'll just shoot first and ask questions later. I can't really do that myself, since I tend to feel guilty if I don't solve quests in 'the best' way.
>>
>>54273328
>>He does more then just porn.
I'm pretty sure that's not Shadbase.
>>
File: 7dfeeab37155656017f8ca2469c4cfda.jpg (132KB, 453x1024px) Image search: [Google]
7dfeeab37155656017f8ca2469c4cfda.jpg
132KB, 453x1024px
>>54274215
Trust me, that artist does a fair bit of porn, even if he's not as 'famous' as Shad or Incase. Mostly fairly consensual-focused stuff too.

But apparently he's done something with Fallout? I don't know much more than that one image, and it's not of the best quality so it's hard to read the writing at times.
>>
File: 15776d0b73f1f542.jpg (214KB, 900x635px) Image search: [Google]
15776d0b73f1f542.jpg
214KB, 900x635px
>>54274176
Yeah, I get that as roleplaying. Playing a basically blind melee/martial artist in F2 was probably my favorite playthrough. It's more about people in 3/NV who dump Charisma because it 'doesn't do anything'.

>>54274215
And he's so much better because of that.
>>
>>54274603
>Charisma doesn't do anything

That makes some sense to me in Fallout 3, since a lot of the Charisma checks are asking for more caps - and even if your Charisma is low, if you really want you can save and try to speech option over and over until you get it right. I personally would play a Neutral character and get the Impartial Mediation perk, so I wouldn't have to invest skill points but I could still get a decent Speech skill.

But in New Vegas, you make a lot more use of checks in general, especially Speech checks. Granted, you often also get checks of other skills as well that might be what someone considers more important, but with really good Speech you can talk down the Monster of the East himself - why wouldn't you want options like that, especially when you can get Party Time Mentats and Speech magazines to give yourself an extra boost?
>>
File: c28.png (225KB, 499x430px) Image search: [Google]
c28.png
225KB, 499x430px
>>54220355
Former. Fallout wasnt a "little" grim , it was grim as fuck senpai. This nu-fallout that only focuses on the more absurd and satirical parts of fallout are cancer.
>>
File: 1498176308127.jpg (197KB, 1600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498176308127.jpg
197KB, 1600x1024px
>>54270536
Yes the NCR is doomed to fracture. Unlike the Legion which raises an entire social class to be die hard loyalists to the tribe.

The benefits of the Roman model is that it recognizes both democracy and dictatorship as natural parts of a cycle of Western civilization, something that would benefit the NCR and make them superior to the Legion.

But they're profilgates.
>>
>>54273328
>>54274379
Which artist is this. For science.
>>
>>54262301

The obvious plot for Fallout 4 was "being Nick Valentine" - where the pre-war segment is the memory upload from the original human who died, and you play as a newly released Synth, freed from Institute controls.

Would have had a lot more scope for a solid and interesting story than "Must find my baby!!! ...but it's an open-world game, so let me just do sixty hours of side-quests first!", and they could have gone even further with augmentation as a thing.
>>
>>54275136
JamesAB
>>
File: Chinese tank Chimera.png (917KB, 1000x950px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese tank Chimera.png
917KB, 1000x950px
I wonder, did Bethesda add the terminal entries calling these things obvious fabrications after some sort of test where people disliked them but they didn't want to waste the resources?
>>
File: chineese2.gif (352KB, 695x879px) Image search: [Google]
chineese2.gif
352KB, 695x879px
>>54276796
It's hard to say - they have some nostalgic value for me because they remind me of one of those remote-control vehicles I had when I was a kid, though I unfortunately rarely used it. And I kind of like it because it's not just a tank, it's some weird future vehicle.

But I think in general they didn't want to say anything definitive about what you saw in the simulation, and actually wanted to cast doubt on it. I kind of think it was a way to hide any mediocrity by making it seem a little cheesy and a little overplayed, or just allowing some things that they wanted to include that made little sense - the picture being taken that would end up as the Anchorage Memorial that you can clearly see in the DC ruins, all the stealth suits and other flashy gear that made for an interesting gameplay challenge.
>>
>>54277017
>all the stealth suits and other flashy gear that made for an interesting gameplay challenge.
Of course said stealth suits became the OPPOSITE of a challenge when you got one.

5% cammo OP, not to mention the glitch to infinitely stack hats like some sort of demented TF2 player.

(And you could make some pretty damn cool combos in the visual sense. I really liked Raider Arclight (Or Torcher's helmet specifically since it had the skillboosts of a Blastmaster) plus the mohawked female version of the Raider sack helmet/boogieman's hood.
>>
>>54277129
In fact I sorta want to screenshot some of those combos for myself, do you think it's worth installing? I'm just going to console command them.
>>
File: Raider_iconoclast_armor.png (485KB, 850x680px) Image search: [Google]
Raider_iconoclast_armor.png
485KB, 850x680px
>>54277244
If you already have the game, why not install it again? I think some of those clothing options that you got in Fallout 3, and was a little sad they didn't show up in NV. The Raider Arclight helmet was a favorite of mine.

Also kind of miss the Pitt's gear; it shows up once for the DLC and you get to carry it out, but it just doesn't affect the main game, and that's sad. I'd have loved to see more variety in outfits, especially after I had played Fallout 3 for so long and really would have loved some more visual changes.
>>
>>54277648
You can console command them in, and once I had the Khans sell me a Raider Blastmaster helmet that had +5Guns +5 explosives since Big Guns was removed. It almost never shows up in their inventory again so I console command it.

Also, that raider looks like a black, cancerous Leonardo Dicarprio
>>
>>54277851
It's from the Pitt addon - something's up with the place in a way that gives everyone this wasting disease that will eventually turn them into Troggs, these creepy feral monster things, unless they can find a cure, which is a part of the story of the DLC. It's a little bit edgy, but it overall had a great story and moral choice compared to the main game so I let it slide.
>>
>>54278416
I know what the Pitt is anon, I was just saying he looks like Leonardo DiCaprio
>>
File: il_fullxfull.570790285_31fs.jpg (485KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.570790285_31fs.jpg
485KB, 1500x1500px
Why do the New Vegas weapons feel so much better than Fallout 3's? Even the weapons that they bring over, like the 10mm pistol and the hunting rifle, just feel far more satisfying to use, and I don't think it's just because they're not so overwhelmingly common (3 had surprisingly little weapon variety).

It really makes me sad about the weapons that I did like that weren't carried over, like the Chinese pistol - it was shitty in 3, but it was also the most satisfying to shoot, where the 10mm pistol will never not feel bulky (and in 3 had a pathetically dinky firing sound).
>>
Which of the systems do you guys recommend for playing the Fallout setting? I already downloaded everything, but which one's the best
>>
>>54280005
The New Vegas guys did a lot of homework on their guns.

Meanwhile Bethesda just slaps together whatever they think looks cool.

The only reason I think the Chinese weapons worked as well as they did was because they were based off of real life weapons.
>>
File: I made this.png (180KB, 680x1483px) Image search: [Google]
I made this.png
180KB, 680x1483px
>>54229835
>I made Vault 69
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_69
>>
>>54250095
Old world blues was shit.
>>
>>54280702
Maybe it's not exactly shit, but it's certainly the weakest of the expansions.
>>
File: 1484708226094.jpg (79KB, 731x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484708226094.jpg
79KB, 731x960px
>>54280856
It was great the first time playing thru, but became a massive chore afterwards.

With that said, I prefered OWB approach to SCIENCE! than F4 did. Mostly because it has better justifications why the shit they've worked on hasn't swepped over the entire wasteland.

A) A lot of shit was still in prototype phase and only did make it to select places (i.e. Sierra Madre)
B) Mobius actively prevented the rest of the Think Tank to remember about the rest of the world because
C) They are absolutely nuts, and not in a good way. Beneath all that off-the-wall humor is a constant reminder that all that shit is HORRIFYING. Malfunctioning suits forcing the dead to walk this mortal coil, hybrid monsters that managed to break into the outside world DESPITE scientists declaring it impossible, and especially not to mention the cut Bad End to the DLC, should the Think Tank actually be victorious.
>>
>>54280923
I'm not a huge fan of over the top Science! stuff to be honest, Old World Blues itself doesn't really fit with New Vegas' atmosphere and themes like the other expansions do.
>>
>>54281017
Lonesome road was fucking garbage too, to be honest. Fucking Avelonne self-insert, stupid nukes everywhere, retarded endings with bonus dungeons, retarded weapons, stupid courier backstory retcon, shitty enemies, comic book dusters, muh divide. Only ruins was kinda okaish, the rest was pure shit.
>>
>>54281080
Agreed about the nukes and the courier's backstory, but Ulysses isn't a bad character. He's certainly less interesting than Graham and Father Elijah.
>>
>>54281097
>Ulysses isn't a bad character
No, he is the WORST character right biside Arcade and what-is-her-name-brotherhood lesbian with powerfist.
>>
>>54281097
>Ulysses isn't a bad character
Are you meming me? Retard avelonne pulled Kreya 2.0 but even worse thist time. Ulysses was hyped in all DLCs and in base game, and when we finally meet him, he is pure shit of a character.
>>
>>54281506
What's your beef with Gannon? I never had any particular problem with him, especially compared to some of the other companions.
>>
>>54281780
It's a meme. It is the same guy spouting pro-Legion opinions backed up by """facts""" that aren't even in the game.
>>
>>54281780
Not the same guy, but what companions are you talking about? I think Arcade, Boone, Cass, Rex and Raul are pretty good, while Veronica and Lilly only a bit meh.
>>
>>54282238
>God tier
Raul, God, Graham, Dean.
>Ok tier
Ed-E (base game), Boone, Rex.
>Garbage teier
Everything lonesome road and old world blues, brotherhood lesbians, and the rest from main game.
>>
File: lar.jpg (44KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
lar.jpg
44KB, 618x800px
>>54282238
Of the base game companions, the only ones I ever really liked to have following me around were Raul and Arcade. I get Cass as a character but never liked her. Boone, Lily, Veronica are all either insufferable or stupidly one note. I never got why people liked Boone. His overdone gravelly voice and general demeanor is just goofy and boring.
>>
>>54282471
Never before have I beheld such unimaginably bad taste. You actually astound me, anon. Well done.
>>
>>54282471
I don't understand. Veronica wasn't horrible - I just wasn't really interested in the Brotherhood, and that was obviously her focus. Otherwise she was a decent companion, for what time I had with her. I feel like if I wanted to focus on the Brotherhood from the get-go, especially knowing now that aside from the van Graffs they're the best source of energy weapons, I'd take her.

I can understand not liking Cass - 'she's just a swearing tomboy and that's all there is' - but and I admit that's part of why I first wanted her to be my companion, she had that level of upfront personality that I really wanted from a character. But even beyond that, she has some good opinions about the Wasteland that match up with my own on some level - she's NCR-leaning, but she recognizes every option I could take has obvious pitfalls. Nothing's perfect. She doesn't have a larger loyalty or bigger goal than to just wander around with me to stave off boredom.

I'll admit I haven't played with Lily yet, but she doesn't seem bad from what I can understand, and would be particularly interesting to anyone who liked Super Mutants. Or grandmas. And the choice one has to make with her seems like a powerful enough one.

And they're all leagues above most Bethesda companions, at least.
>>
File: ncr_numale.jpg (209KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
ncr_numale.jpg
209KB, 736x981px
>>54286149
Veronica
>Gay Felicia Day with a lisp. "Is it a dwess?". Disgusting. Literally Snorg Tees the companion. If you take Veronica Reddit and Geek & Sundry are probably more your speed.
>Lesbian Character kills enemies by fisting. Bravo Sawyer.
-1/10

Cass
>"fuck" "Bitch" "long dick johnson had a long fucking dick" "fuck"
>One dimensional hard drinking tomboy character. Quest line is boring, and she's useless in combat. >Not as offensively bad as Veronica, but still not good.
4/10

Boone
>taken by everyone at the games release
>spawned pic related
>actually fairly well written "muh wife" is a bit stale
>same VA as Myron, interestingly enough
>worst perk in the whole game, completely ruins the aesthetic of combat
6/10

Lily
>Dumb mutant, two dimensional
>Should probably be killed like the rest of the mutants for crimes against humanity
>useful perk and good in combat
>inoffensive personality
5/10

Arcade
>only slightly better than Veronica
>all of his dialogue is him complaining
>only way to get APA is to play tour guide for him and listen to him drone on and on
>useless in combat and has a useless perk
>siding with the Legion with him is good for a laugh, you can either enslave him or make him cry impotently and run home
2/10

Raul
>voiced by Danny Trejo
>clearly the best backstory
>best character as well
>manages to be something other than resentful and brooding, unlike "MUHH WIFE" despite having his whole world destroyed
>only character that doesn't have dialogue that isn't actively annoying
8/10

ED-E
>cute robot built by last vestige of civilization
9/10

Rex
>robot doggo
8/10
>>
>>54287748
Here is your reply
>>
>>54232447
House isn't full of shiT.

His bunker of Securitrons is not only a repository, but a factory. As long as he can get basic components, he can produce a nearly endless supply of Securitrons, with which he can continue to expand his power-base. If you choose the House ending, you give him a tremendous amount of power (figuratively and literally), that he can use for leverage in future expansion.

As for his dream of space-flight, there are three rockets less than ten miles from New Vegas that have functional rockets in them! That was only one launching facility, I'm certain House could find more pre-war rockets to cannabalize for parts.

The problem with House's plan for planetary colonization is not one of know-how, it's finding the right people, or just using robots. You see how quickly Benny betrays House when given the opportunity, now imagine a space-ship full of people that are 34 million miles beyond his reach. They'll listen for a while, but then they'll go off and do their own stupid thing and fuck all his plans up.
>>
>>54287748
If you ever take Cass as a companion again, try giving her a Cowboy Repeater. Takes a lot more work to get her the ammo she'd need all the time, but it is far more useful than her default Shotgun. And the Whiskey Rose perk is fairly useful.

>cute robot built by the last vestige of civilization

What do you call everything else in the Wasteland then? NCR, Legion, the Strip, they're all civilizations.
>>
>>54288138
He has become a meme, that's why.
>>
>>54220355
I like my fallouts grim as fuck but also acknowledging of how humans and societies work which makes it not so grim, not this hyper americana 50's bullshit that's gotten a bit out of hand.
>>
>>54287748
Raul just yells about how old he is the whole game. That's literally it. "I'm old and this is a problem" is his entire companion quest and summarizes every single word that comes out of his mouth. He's more two dimensional than every other companion besides Lily.
>>
File: 1494455898911.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1494455898911.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>54287748
>ED-E highest rated companion
>>
>>54244327
Horrigans would probably rip through the wreckage and kill a few shi to set example of them before trekking back to Navarro
>>
>>54288138
>NCR
Corrupt dumbocracy. Everything awful about America with none of the good parts. A total joke.

>Legion
Desert nigs in football gear LARPing as Romans. A total joke.

>The Strip
Run by a super genius with cutting edge technology so smart that his master plan is to have people come and gamble. A total joke.

Radiation and FEV clearly poisoned the genes of everyone living on the mainland. They can't help but act like total niggers. It would've been merciful to clean the whole place up.
>>
>>54288364
>haha I said nigger a bunch, that'll really rustle their jimjams, ebin

I want summer to be over.
>>
>>54281823
>guy spouting pro-Legion opinions backed up by """facts""" that aren't even in the game
That sounds eerily familiar.

Legionfag, if you're in here, and you're the Legionfag I think you are, I hope your "sister" is fucking dead.
>>
>>54281506
It's not that Veronica is shit, it's that half the companions are sort of dumb

OK, let's look at the other companions in the game
>Arcade is loser wimp that got kicked out from his main group of loser wimps and crawled over to the FoA (who are actually an interesting faction)
>Boone is emotionally dense character with overused trope of "war-weary soldier haunted by his war crimes"
>Lily, insane nightkin who thinks you are her grandchild (actually useful and amusing character to back up a rogue-style player when they get in a scrap)
>Raul is whiny mexican zombie who fixes stuff and has a side quest that only gives him mariachi clothes
>Rose is dumb drunk bitch who demands you kill some of the best energy weapons dealers in the wastes, has a boring side quest
>ED-E is rad, no complaints, gets even better with the circuit boards from Lonesome Road
>Rex is a stupid robo-dog that will ALWAYS try to 1v1 deathclaws when you're trying to sneak
>Veronica is whiny lesbian who happens to have really powerful friends and mopes around all the time
>>
File: 1474683235822.jpg (38KB, 564x714px) Image search: [Google]
1474683235822.jpg
38KB, 564x714px
>>54288455
No wonder these sound like shit, I would think so to if I would simplify it like that.

>Arcade is the son of the remnants of some wimps and struggles between the conflict at large and wether he should continue his fathers legacy or keep with the FOA
>no contentions with that
>well, whiny stuff includes his pretty long backstory. Depends if you like to listen to old people
>best energy dealers>having to collaborate with your fucking rival to keep your monopol>best
>that aside, she is pretty much supposed to be the realistic, average wastelander with a bit hot bantz
>my nigga, ED-E
>Agreed on that

And the whole bitching about Veronica is probably one, if not THE, most out proportional bitching I've ever encountered within vidya communities. Fucking hell, her lesbo thing doesn't even make up 1/5 of her dialogue, it is pretty much about the BoS or some shitty jokes. Also to the guy a few posts above, Sawyer didn't write and develop her. He only set in stone that they wanted a BoS companion dealing with their role in the present.
>>
Harland should have been a companion.
>>
>>54288675
I agree. He seemed pretty awesome from the short conversation you had with him.

I also thought it would have been interesting if you could get Benny as a companion if you spare him at the Fort.
>>
>>54288423
Nigger

>posts fallout 4 deviant art
>calls people summerfags
Watch out for radiation, folks
>>
>>54289143
>Cares where art is from

You're trying too hard.
>>
>>54289156
>raider power armor
What were they thinking?
>>
File: aeMBH1R.jpg (639KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aeMBH1R.jpg
639KB, 1920x1080px
Which is the better system guys?

Wastelands, The Big Apple Wasteland, or PnP?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
ave true to caesar
>>
>>54289213
It could have been done right. Like have there be this raider mechanic who makes his way by fixing up power armor frames with junk materials and modifies them so that they don't need fusion cores or power armor training fuck you Beth it should have been in the game and there's a Brotherhood quest to shut him down.
>>
>>54289413
I've never fully understood the need for power armor training. What exactly does it train you to do that makes it so the servos don't tear your arms out? Is it just knowing how to calibrate the suit? We barely even need training to learn how to use our precursors to powered exoskeletons now.
>>
>>54289413
>so that they don't need fusion cores
Doesn't really make sense. The T-45 ran off normal power cells but it had a super short battery life. I wish they modeled that in the game.

Still doesn't make sense for Raiders to have the frames. After 215 years the power armor should be almost universally rusted out, and it takes a lot more industrial base than one mechanic to fix up something as complex as power armor. I'd be like if they were making their own laser guns.

>power armor training fuck you Beth it should have been in the game
There was no PA training in FO1/2
>>
>>54288455
>>Rose is dumb drunk bitch who demands you kill some of the best energy weapons dealers in the wastes, has a boring side quest
TO be fair until some jackass decided to patch it so Van Graaf spies somehow magically knew you ratted them out to the NCR you used to be able to keep buying from them after the good end to her quest.

>>54288669
>>best energy dealers>having to collaborate with your fucking rival to keep your monopol>best
I think he meant best in a gameplay sense, not a lore sense.

>>54289413
>or power armor training fuck you Beth it should have been in the game
But almost everyone shit on it in Fo3 and I was shocked Obsidian kept it as a thing in FNV.
>>
File: 4818-10-1449428526.jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4818-10-1449428526.jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
>>54289393
id love the legion if they aloud women to fight everything about them is badass but that one hang up
>>
>>54289492
>There was no PA training in FO1/2
Don't care. Power Armor in 4 is retardedly unbalanced. Right off the bat you're handed this incredibly useful thing on a silver platter that there's no reason not to use aside from personal preference. But on the other hand I like the changes they made, how Power Armor feels more like the walking tanks they are in the lore.
>>
File: minutemen.jpg (95KB, 713x960px) Image search: [Google]
minutemen.jpg
95KB, 713x960px
>>54289492
>I'd be like if they were making their own laser guns
Given a bunch of settlers in cosplay could make crank-powered laser rifles...
>>
>>54289555
>id love the legion if they aloud women to fight everything about them is badass but that one hang up
Are you retarded or is this bait?
>>
>>54289555
>legion power armor
>legion is aok except for muh soggy knees
>terrible typing
I love it when bait gets trips.
>>
>>54289610
what? what's your issue?
>>
>>54289603
Minute Men were awful. AYO HOL UP Garvey was terrible.
>>
>>54289620
did I say something triggering? I only posted my preference. also this is 4chan why do I need to type like im writing an essay?
>>
>>54289630
Ok here your (you)

>can't spell
>no punctuation
>retarded picture
>retarded opinion

Damn it's easy to bait these days.
>>
>>54289679
wtf! did I just do and fuck off with the grammar lessons
>>
>>54289693
I take it back.

You're doing an exceptional parody of the normies and children that trawl through this general because they played Fallout 4.

I like that you picked women in the Legion as your choice of bait.
>>
>>54289726
nah im just not good with people or talking. kek trust me i'm not a normalfag and fallout 4 was not my first game. I honestly like the legion but play female characters and never had a reason to join. I posted the fallout 4 thing cause it was the first thing I saw when I looked up legion.
>>
>>54289603
It wasn't crank-powered, the cranks just drew power from the MFCs.

>>54289585
>that there's no reason not to use aside from personal preference.
Other than the )Lore unfriendly) power cell balance and the crazy fucking delicate armor plates that degrade super fast and need constant repair.

>>54289492
>There was no PA training in FO1/2
>>54289540
>But almost everyone shit on it in Fo3 and I was shocked Obsidian kept it as a thing in FNV.
Actually I just remembered something about Fo1/2 There wasn't PA training, but the games were pretty explicit that by the time you killed the person inside PA would be too heavily damaged to use. The gamebryo Lootcycle gameplay of Fo3 onward didn't really mesh with that so they added PA training instead of forcing you to find PA in lockers or as quest rewards.
>>
>>54289787
Damn dude you're going all in. Okay, let me pretend to debate you.

So in Caesar's Legion the tribes that are conquered are subjugated. The young men that can fight are part of the Legion. The young women who are fertile birth the next generation. The men and women that can't do these things are just slaves.

Sending women to the front lines never made sense in any historical context. For the purposes of replenishing a population men are completely expendable. One man can impregnate dozens of women, while women can only bear one child at a time.

On top of that women are physically inferior to men, and in general worse soldiers.

>>54289829
There was no power armor training in Fallout 1. If you fix the PA at Lost Hills you can just put it on. In Fallout 2 if you rush to Navarro you can get APA at level one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sNxMjYR_os
>>
anyway you think it would work to have a female joan of arc type girl in the legion. as if over time they come to respect her?
>>
>>54289905
>Sending women to the front lines never made sense in any historical context. For the purposes of replenishing a population men are completely expendable. One man can impregnate dozens of women, while women can only bear one child at a time.

>On top of that women are physically inferior to men, and in general worse soldiers.

ugh great one of the women are only good for breeding people. if you think this is trolling then so be it.
>>
>>54289907
>anyway you think it would work to have a female joan of arc type girl in the legion. as if over time they come to respect her?
Literally the point in playing a female courier and working for the Legion.
>>
>>54289905
>There was no power armor training in Fallout 1. If you fix the PA at Lost Hills you can just put it on. In Fallout 2 if you rush to Navarro you can get APA at level one.

Yes, but those were the only places you could reach it, you could not take it off a corpse and had to pass a charisma check and a fuckton of savescumming across the desert full of enclave patrols and wild beasts to get into Navarro unharmed. Vs Fo3 where sometimes a deathclaw kills a BoS outcast right outside the vault.
>>
>>54289941
When did I say they were only good for breeding? In fact I said that men are expendable, which is why they can be sent do die by the thousands and society will be just fine. Does this mean I'm sexist against men?

And if you think that women are as physically capable as men you should try going outside.

You're baiting me or are just plain dumb.
>>
>>54289989
I don't like weak girls not all girls are weak nothings who can't protect thier bf. I don't see why I have to like weak girls
>>
>>54289989
Fallout has some excuses for that though. Pre war gene therapies for soldiers and post war "Rads and wild FEV mutation" handwaving take care of the second issue, though breeding speed is part of that.... Though if someone's got a ravaged womb why NOT let her fight and kill?
>>
>>54289941
Since womens need to educate their childrens and raise them, they are literally weaker than men because of natural selection, now that is easier to raise childrens the human sexual dimorphism may become less apparent, and that is going to take some time.
>>
>>54290050
god I hope so please let women get stronger we need to find a way to accelerate this
>>
>>54289905
>acknowledges bait
>continues to engage
You deserve everything that's come upon you.
>>
>>54290028
Damn dude you're going all in.
>>54290038
Women are weaker than men already. Women who are infertile are likely either sick or old, or both, which means they're even weaker than the average woman.

The number of women who would be both infertile and strong enough to keep up with men would be infinitesimally small.

Even if an infertile woman who could keep up with the rest of her unit would cause problems. Every male in the unit would be trying to court her. And in combat she would be given special treatment. It's man's biological instinct to protect women, where as soldiers are expendable. Sometimes they must be left to die. Men breaking cohesion to save the squad female causes nothing but trouble.

And out of combat it would cause even more trouble. The men would try and treat her special, carry her load and whatnot, reducing the units capabilities. And of course there would be lots of conflict between the men over the woman's affection. They would fight with each other to prove themselves to here, and suddenly the men are at each other's throats and morale has gone to shit.
>>
>>54290038
Wouldn't work for the Legion. They don't take kindly to using technology to cover for weaknesses.
>>
>>54290179
ha any women weak enough to not be able to keep up deserves to die
>>
>>54290339
Not really. They are important for things like breeding and raising children and tending to settlements. If you applied "survival of the fittest" to a people en masse, they would either be a very, very small group of super survivors (with few women), or just dead.
>>
>>54290179
>>that last paragraph.
oh look it's the same debunked arguments that've been trotted out against women in the services for the last x amount of decades.
>>
>>54290403
>debunked
Where?
>>
File: women_in_combat.png (2MB, 1713x1790px) Image search: [Google]
women_in_combat.png
2MB, 1713x1790px
>>54290403
There have been almost no women in combat roles. They operate just fine in support and logistical positions, but that's not what we're talking about.
>>
>>54289492
But laser guns are still somehow being made, and for some reason Power Armor is simple enough that your character can replace and modify parts with ease. Presumably just about anyone else can to - maybe this was a set of power armor that was supposed to be used in reserve - easily trainable, easily wearable, able to make even reserve troops and civilian militia into a powerhouse.
>>
>>54290277
>Wouldn't work for the Legion. They don't take kindly to using technology to cover for weaknesses.
Well yeah, I meant prewar mods for all the ladies you see in prewar stuff. "General Mutation" is the excuse for post war factions including the legion.

>>54290179
>Women who are infertile are likely either sick or old, or both, which means they're even weaker than the average woman.
Post apocalypse means mutants, ravaged womb, stronger body.
>>
File: planet_mutant.jpg (179KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
planet_mutant.jpg
179KB, 640x1136px
>>54290567
>General Mutation" is the excuse for post war factions including the legion.
I'm pretty sure the complete obliteration of societal and cultural stability is the reason for post war factions. Where is mutation ever mentioned for the Legion?

>Post apocalypse means mutants, ravaged womb, stronger body.
Do you have an evidence from the games for the existence of your mutant muscle fetish girls?

Where do we see Rich Piana in fallout aside from the Master's Army?
>>
>>54289907
Explain a female Powder Ganger, and then we'll talk.
>>
>>54290339
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18529/?
Anon, just take this and leave please.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 557x290px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 557x290px
>>54290842
>Of course. Mutants are best equipped to deal with the world today. Who else? The vegans? Please. Natties? They brought nogains to us all. This will be the age of mutants. Mutants.
>>
File: 20170712230011_2.jpg (628KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170712230011_2.jpg
628KB, 1920x1080px
>>54277244
>>54277648
>>54277017
Ah, here we go, burlap and burner mask.
>>
>>54280406
Sorry I meant I expanded on it. It's never revealed where it is in canon they left it up to speculation.
>>
>>54289907
It's completely against the war doctrine of the legion to have women serve in armed forces. Women are necessary to maintain high birth rates in order to sustain an ever expanding population full of possible male recruits, and that function within the society of the Legion is of primary significance.

Also, from what I know about female fighters is that they are generally a denigration to the units they are assigned to for various reasons, one of which is the inevitable sexual competition among the male soldiers for the female soldiers alongside the female soldiers typically being of less physical and mental stature as women have lower physical requirements. Even if those physical requirements were equalized, the presence of female forces tends to complicate things. Widely deployed female forces in the YPG in Syria have this same problem ,though they are romantacized a lot.

Thats not to say their can't be a decent female warrior, it's just that they are extreme outliers and not usually worth the investment. Especially in the legion, it's just a bad idea all around.
>>
>>54288719
Agree about Benny. Also, Dean after dead money ending (f he lives).
>>
>>54288669
We don't hate Veronica because she's gay, we hate her because it's lazy writing that meant to appease SJW's (one of the big general complaints with FO4). Sawyer got blamed for the whole mess because his name was on it; I'm sure when they were wrapping up production, Sawyer had serious, game-breaking issues to worry about, and kind of passed off the Veronica plot-line to someone else who mangled it.

One thing I really like about Veronica was getting her a dress. For all the other companions, they only care about really big stuff related to their plot, but trying to find Veronica a dress (and then finding two perfect pre-war dresses in Dead Money) was a fun thing to do, and sort of sweet.
>>
>>54288669
>>54294986
I mean Felica Day's association with selling Nerd swag and all that dumb bullshit seems to be Veronica's only real downside to me.

However I really hate the fucking Stealthsuit and lightswitch(es?) voiced by that G4 bitch.
>>
>>54294969
Dean is a damn smug bastard, but I still like him. I'm not sure if I'd like to have him with me though, considering all he did. Benny, while being somewhat interesting, is exactly the kind of guy that would backstab you just because.
>>
>>54295028
Yeah, I remember how annoying it was that the STEALTH SUIT would not shut the hell up. That was actually one of the first mods for OWB, if I recall correctly. However annoying the G4 light-bitches were, I always thought it fit for Mobius's character to program annoying bitches that would fight each other over his attention, him being a sexless nerd and all (like programming your house-bots to be Tsundere).
>>
>>54295201
I can't actually find a mod that just deletes the voice, or the voice+medicine anymore. Dumb cunt keeps wasting stimpacks with 0 medicine skill, I get ten times as much HP out of them if I use them manually, WHY would I ever want the suit to autouse them?
>>
>>54295262
Old World blues is garbage.
>>54295028
>>54294986
Stupid sjw-shit, whining, shitty voice acting, stupid quest (trying so hard to say what fo1 already said about brotherhood, wow), garbage 4th wall breaking and "humour" - veronica is shit tier fanfiction character. Arcada is all that plus being Sawyer official gary sue. Shame about Remnants, since you need to deal with retarded character to know their full story.
>>
>>54294986
>We don't hate Veronica because she's gay
>We

Speak for yourself, pal. I hate her because she is a both gay and a lazy SJW pandering write in character.
>>
>>54295433

What about her is pandering? Is the existence of gay people to you pandering?
>>
How DOES the NCR figure out if you're working with house or just visiting the Predistential suite? Don't tread on the bear is retarded, why can't you and house just fake his death qnd keep the deception going as far as the Indy Vegas backstab?

>>54295429
I really must have skimmed the Fo1 BoS because their scribe was designing new laser pistols so they really weren't totally stagnant even if they did focus mainly on military tech, and in Fo1 they cut more open trade deals.
>>
>>54295522
The normalization of gay people is SJW pandering, yeah. Lived around them my whole life, actually getting to know fag culture beyond a few cherrypicked examples to use an Apex fallacy upon the whole community (like most uninitiated folks do) really changes your perspective. Like seriously, I can't begin to describe the shit I've seen these people do.There nothing natural about it. You can show a few gays among the bunch being, you know , "normal" but that's just not what most gays are like.

Anyways this is stuff for /pol/. Pro tip, don't google what "poz my neghole" means. Don't
>>
>>54295522
Normalization of gay relationships in post apocalypse (that was very conservative before the end) is pure pandering. Also, she is very badly written and voiced, so adding gay stuff to it just screams reddit-tier fanfiction.
>>
>>54295824
>that was very conservative before the end
Given most of the characters don't really express much hatred of Asians or blacks in the post-apocalypse, I'd think most people of the Fallout world gave up on old prejudices when the bombs dropped
>>
>>54295824
As much as i'd like it to be to fit with the 50s theme the world wasn't prejudiced before the end. But I like your headcanon regardless. You gotta remember that the world ended in 2077, not 1954.
>>
>>54295854
I always believed that Jim Crow ended more or less on the same schedule in Fallout, if not earlier, with blacks eventually becoming a well integrated minority like the Irish or Italians while the rest of society stayed stuck in the 50's. Discrimination against Asians before the war is more difficult to assert, since recent Chinese immigrants were sent to internment camps, but it's likely that those that came before China went Red were also well-integrated.
>>
>>54295824
I haven't exactly seen it officially sourced and cited, but it seems to be commonly thought that pre-War Fallout was 50's themed only in general asthetic and outlook. And then after the apocalypse, fuck it. You struggle to survive until you rebuild civilization a bit, and then there's all new rules - let loose and head to the casinos and find a prostitute, that sort of thing.

And still, there is a big difference between 'characters that turn out to be gay or lesbian if you dig a little to find out or use a Perk-related dialogue check' and 'characters that are proudly gaybilesbian with rainbow badges and perfect features convincing all the poor heteronormies to give up on their boring attraction to the other sex.'
>>
>>54296134
> 'characters that are proudly gaybilesbian with rainbow badges and perfect features convincing all the poor heteronormies to give up on their boring attraction to the other sex.'
While both mary sues are nothing like that, they come very close. The whole "young progressive gays vs le dumb conservators with no future" looks very hamfisted in both cases. Well ,at least you can kill/ignore/ruin life of this shitty characters, so there that.
>>
>>54296134
>was 50's themed only in general asthetic and outlook
Thats why fallout under bethesda are literal meme fantasy.
>>
File: 192807_1228368295_large.jpg (366KB, 1200x1626px) Image search: [Google]
192807_1228368295_large.jpg
366KB, 1200x1626px
>>54219699
>looking forward to wasteland warfare
>give zero shits about the game itself
>just want those minis.

I've already built a dozen or so custom fallout minis using salvaged heroclix and other random bones minis. I'm really looking forward to having actual minis
>>
>>54222315
>not much in the way of augmentation

I never understood this honestly.
In fallout 1 and 2 you can get genetic and cybernetic enhancements. Hell in 2 you could get combat armor tier dermal playing that judging from the description made you look like a freakish cyborg.
Then in the Bethesda games you have the institute who not only can make full on terminators can make artifical humans. In fallout 4 you get to have a terminator as a companion complete with visible prosthetics.
With all of this in mind why is it so unheard of getting a cyborg limb or something? Even if it was super rare still I'd want to see it. I find it hard to believe that a world government mastered the ability to mass produce powered armor but couldn't be fucked to develop working prosthetics
>>
>>54294921
real romans had a great reverence for honorable women and had things like the sacred virgins.
I could see the legion getting a "divine virgin" that grants them victory (at sea) and is loved and protected by the legionaires.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1490152803084.jpg (70KB, 641x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1490152803084.jpg
70KB, 641x960px
>>54225663
I've made several. I don't have the documents in front of me (phone posting) but I can tell you the general ideas for them.

1. A vault filled entirely with military soldiers and officers. The experiment is to see how long a strict military structure and doctrine can last in a isolated situation such as a vault.

2. A vault whose entire staff was robots all non "civilian" positions were robots including medical, food service and overseer. Even the maitenence department was automated.

3. A vault with a imperial style of government complete with a clear cut class system.

4. A vault filled entirely with rising stars of the scientific community and given a over abundance of scientific equipment and no central authority figure (like an overseer)

There's more but those are some of the ones my group has explored a bit.
>>
>>54232511
>house is full of shit

Probably but at least he had a plan for the future.
Also I always enjoyed the thought that what the lone wanderer did was canon and he had a fucking space ship in orbit and house somehow knew about it and planned to make use of it.

Stupid but fun.
>>
File: 1320445309150.jpg (149KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
1320445309150.jpg
149KB, 460x300px
>>54280923
>not to mention the cut Bad End to the DLC
Wait, stop! Tell me more!
>>
>>54289413
I think there should only have been like 4 usable power armours in the game
>>
>>54298062
But those minis was crappy. Not to mention, they all based on fail4.
>>
>>54298731
Honestly weapons and a few armors aside I liked most of the cosmetic choices made for fallout 4.
>>
File: Nvdlc03_endingslide_failure08.jpg (743KB, 2048x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Nvdlc03_endingslide_failure08.jpg
743KB, 2048x1280px
>>54298271
>In the decades following the Battle of Hoover Dam, the Big Empty remained a desolate stretch of wasteland, where few travelers dared venture.

>In time, however, a strange blue field began to grow, slowly spreading across the Big Empty.

>Lightning-blue fields of force danced on the horizon, like electrical storms.

>People whispered of "floating spheres," flickering like a rainbow of torches in the desert like Old World wisps.

>Then communities began to vanish.

>Goodsprings was crushed beneath bizarre hexcrete blocks that stacked to the sky. The inhabitants of Primm winked out, flesh-fried into X-ray silhouettes, their arms raised in surrender.

>A satellite fell on Jacobstown, beaming a kaleidoscope of bright blue equations into the deranged Nightkin minds, driving some berserk, paralyzing others.

>Black Mountain Radio began broadcasting a strange staccato static as hordes of giant man-eating battle Brahmin began to swarm from its peak.

>Camp Searchlight became a garden of giant carnivorous plants, and the Colorado river... "shrugged" one day, drowning several communities as its contours adjusted themselves.

>The Gomorrah became home to a particularly virulent vegetation-based STD that grew like a fungus within victim's genitalia until their bodies burst open like pods.

>The Legion East were systematically brain-scrubbed and rebuilt so that all the inhabitants believed they were in ancient Rome... on the moon.

>...and the human cattle of NCR were re-educated into believing they existed in perpetuity in a nation-wide version of someplace called "Tranquility Lane."

>In the end, no one was sure who had cracked the Dome of the Big Empty, although it was clear someone had been playing with forces they did not understand.
>>
>>54298271
>>54299232
>Throughout all this, the Think Tank was industrious, confident these experiments were all for the best, the results of the data they obtained - incredible.

>They marveled that all of this had been waiting for them to come along and experiment since the war.

>Humanity certainly was persistent, no matter what experiments, nuclear holocaust or otherwise, it inflicted on itself.
>>
>>54298825
Bad taste, anon, very bad taste. Go build some androids without reason.
>>
>>54299232
Wow, what a piece of trash. Welp, its a OWB, after all.
>>
>>54298215
Those all seem pretty good, can you share more? These are actual social experiments that Vault-Tec would be interested in.
>>
File: fallout5.jpg (127KB, 1023x724px) Image search: [Google]
fallout5.jpg
127KB, 1023x724px
>>54299629
Your worse then the Legionfag, take a (You) and get out.
>>
File: 1476807054640.png (177KB, 697x768px) Image search: [Google]
1476807054640.png
177KB, 697x768px
>>54299579
>implying implications

I said cosmetic wise you moron. I didn't say I liked how they mangled the lore.
>>
File: GARY.jpg (145KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
GARY.jpg
145KB, 480x360px
>>54299676
Those are the ones that I've throughly thought out. Their results varied but almost all of them ended in failure.

A few others I never put a lot of thought into...

A vault whose denizens would be hard core right wingers. The vault would focus on a heavy dose of right wing style propaganda during the entire time sealed.

A vault whose idea was the same as above only with hardcover left wingers and heavy left propaganda.
Both vaults would be near each other (less than 15 miles apart) and open at the same time

Vault 114: a vault filled entirely with violent criminals housed in cell blocks with all the staff being robots. After the first week of being sealed the robots would shut down and the cells unlock.
(I didn't invent this one, a previous anon did ages ago)

I haven't gone into a lot of detail of how these vaults turned out because I haven't yet implemented them but feel free to use what you like

I could post the results of my aforementioned vaults if anyone is of particular interest.
>>
File: VaultSecurity(Group).jpg (218KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
VaultSecurity(Group).jpg
218KB, 1440x900px
>>54289829
Even then, put everything in Int like I did for my single playthrough and you get high tier perks that make the cores last so long they're like change. The gatling laser waas the only thing actually going through them by endgame.
>>54299676
>>54298215
I actually had a similar Idea to 1 as a setup for a fallout pnp game, a vault that was built to see how long military structure could last and how resource intensive it would be to maintain a population of trained militia in an isolated, resource limited environment.
It was also meant to be a recruit+resupply station for the Enclave once they hit the midwest, which was planned to come up.
>>
File: 44269851_480mw.jpg (189KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
44269851_480mw.jpg
189KB, 480x600px
>>54300119
Nice. I like that little after bit with the enclave not a bad idea.

For mine the vault failed after the first generation. Mainly being that after a while they just had trained soldiers who had no real identity or reason to care about this "country" they were serving. A country they'd likely never even see as the vault wasn't going to open in their lifetime.
So they wanted out and when they were told no they rebelled and easily overthrew the outnumbered senior officers. Once done they opened the vault and cleaned it out before making their way east and becoming one of the most dangerous and militants groups in the region.

Basically they are my excuse to throw operators who operate operationally in the wasteland at my group.
>>
Best outfit bump
>>
File: Fo3OA_Real_American_Hero.png (294KB, 416x801px) Image search: [Google]
Fo3OA_Real_American_Hero.png
294KB, 416x801px
>>54300204
My Idea relied more on virtual reality being used to train them, and it being less an entire vault of soldiers as much as a miniature military-industrial complex with no enemy but what they envisioned inhabiting the surface.
Originally the residents were members of long running military families, meaning a lot of enlisted vets, male and female.
The Overseer is put in charge upon the death/resignation of the previous after being appointed as second in command. He keeps those who perform best in both the VR missions and the live fire exercises to serve in the Officer Corps, acting as the vault's equivalent to the normal security, of course beefed up to still be effective when everyone in the vault is trained to in combat..
The VR systems themselves serve as well to offer a way for issues to be resolved without real violence, even though the participants feel everything that happens in the simulation. Originally the other vault dwellers were able to watch them for research and training purposes, but eventually it became the vault's main source of entertainment, to the point that each division of the vault had a team to play matches, sometimes with prize pools of extra rations or privileges
The games also serve as a distraction from the fear of mutant attack or other vague threats of the surface trained into them by propaganda, though the fear of it diminishes each generation, to the point that a faction in favour of opening the doors and blasting any mutants in sight to colonize the surface has gained solid ground, though because the vault's GECK has been locked behind a password door that can't be overridden kind of makes that problematic.
Not that they lack the equipment for operating on the surface, as the vault is equipped with automated manufacturing systems that can mass produce small arms and military equipment when provided the resources.

Essentially, imagine a vault of military Counter Strike/Arma players
Thoughts? Too much for a vault to have?
>>
>>54301916
No I think it works. Mine usus virtual reality pods for additional training as well but also had an entire floor dedicated to traditional military training as well. I've always been a "less is more" type guy hence why the simplistic approach I had to the vault's premise and eventual failure.
It makes more sense that things would have to have a few extra steps for it to actually function properly in the long run. It's also good to fully flesh out a vault as much as possible if the pcs are actually coming from it
>>
Hey guys ! One question for your settings ! Do your players have access to cars or other vehicles to travel across the Wasteland ? Mine had a school bus,some bikes and a truck .
>>
File: MediaHandler.jpg (57KB, 700x439px) Image search: [Google]
MediaHandler.jpg
57KB, 700x439px
While we're on Vault ideas, here's a few I've had:

1. Fill a Vault with people of strong political ideologies (patriotic Americans, suspected fifth-columnists), with a large majority of people who don't care either way. After a few years the overseer dies and the Vault population is invited to chose their own form of government. There are not enough supplies for true equality - whether communist or democratic, some sort of corruption or upper class well develop based on who gets the supplies. The Vault's experiment is to see which type of government survives in complete isolation and possibly through several revolutions, while being unable to fulfill its basic tenants.

2. Fill a Vault with animal-lovers and encourage them to bring pets, with the supposed purpose of the Vault being to preserve animal breeds. Reveal that the food supply in the Vault is low, and that the residents may have to eat their beloved pets to survive. See what happens.

3.A Vault given a large amount of mining and digging equipment, and with a thousand people packed into the space for about eight hundred - not unlivable, but it encourages expansion. See how the Vault fares after years upon years of expansion, and how a population allowed to grow with it can fare.

4. Fill a Vault with pessimists and have regular good things happen to them and ensure they get good treatment. Similarly, fill a Vault with optimists and have things regularly go wrong, with bland food and uncomfortable living spaces. After a hundred years, lower a series of doors that reveals that these Vaults are actually one Vault split in two. See how they get along.
>>
This thread always seems to be primarily active during the weekdays, oddly.
>>54305108
>there are not enough supplies for true equality
What does this even mean? How are you not just able to divide supplies amongst people?
>>
>>54272694
Roll
>>
>>54305243
I mean it as that whoever's in charge can't just divide supplies equally among the people, or there wouldn't be enough to last.
>>
File: 886297.jpg (729KB, 2700x1800px) Image search: [Google]
886297.jpg
729KB, 2700x1800px
>>54304980
Are you me? That was what my group got the first time I ran this game.

Running a different group now in the bible belt region. (Louisiana, Mississippi ,Alabama etc). In Louisiana using a vehicle is a gamble because of all the swampland but the further east you go the more highway systems are intact and the more vehicles show up.

>fun part about Louisiana tho
>air boats and other water craft
>monster trucks that say fuck you to bad terrain
>>
>>54305493
If there isn't enough for everyone to have equally, there can't be enough for everyone to have unequally. It's not like you can't just split a loaf of bread or pass around a book, or whatever vault dwellers possess. Resources aren't indivisible.
>>
>>54295854
For the most part the 50's aesthetic was giving way to 60-70's shit while tech was moving forward guns and weaponry wise and even culture but at a sluggish pace. As for race stuff near the end the main concern of your average citizen other than whoever they loved was getting food, avoiding riots, and trying to survive in the case before the bombs ripped shit to shreds.
>>
>>54305108
I kind of hate how vault experiments are a meme at this point. Vault 120 was cool, but damn dude. Like most of the Vaults were control vaults. As boring as it sounds, most vaults were more or less Vault 101 only lasting like 20 years.

The "Control" Vault dynamic is interesting enough on it's own.
>>
>>54307433
IIRC there were only like five, maybe ten control vaults.
>>
>>54306718
I'm pretty sure he's not indicating they would get less. I'm fairly certain he means some would get none. Thus making what limited resources last longer for the "privileged" while the rest starve or worse
>>
File: ce6d83ba610dd8f7b8c34657770b52df.jpg (128KB, 736x1097px) Image search: [Google]
ce6d83ba610dd8f7b8c34657770b52df.jpg
128KB, 736x1097px
>>54307706
This.

>>54307433
You've got it wrong man the majority were experiments all organized by vault tec and posiedon energy (along with I can only assume the government)
Some of the experiments were tame AF

>a vault made with shoddier equipment designed to be sustainable but high maintenance

>a vault whose entertainment was only shitty comedians

>a vault whose food extractors made every as a colorless, bland paste

It goes on...
Hell 13 was just a experiment in long term isolation ruined by of all things a goddamn shipping error (and a idiot tribal if you count the special encounter in 2)

For the most part the experiments are fun to discover and look into.
>>
>>54309761
There WERE however a few begning experiment vaults like Vault 21 or even Vault 101 200 years of "Be an arbitrary douchenozzle" didn't cause the entire vault to collapse somehow.
>>
File: VWelcome_0.jpg (759KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
VWelcome_0.jpg
759KB, 1024x1024px
>>54307433
Control Vaults are usually the least interesting to look at. The most interesting thing about them is how they tend to add to the part of the Wasteland they're in, like how Vault 8 became Vault City, or how Vault 3 traded with surrounding communities until getting taken over by Fiends. So their interesting bits are what they do, or what gets done to them from the outside, you know?

Most of the Vaults were experiments on some level - some of them got fucked over like Vault 92 because their experiments were so deranged, while others didn't get fucked over entirely or thrived in spite of it, because their experiments were relatively minor or just didn't collapse the community. And they can become pretty crazy or interesting just for surviving, and become a cool part of the setting that several games seem to be kinda missing out on.

What I think is needed in the setting is a mix - don't go like Fallout 3 and have all the Vaults aside from 101 be failures, but I think there's something to learn from Fallout 4 and how a few of the Vaults succeeded, but kept to themselves. But overall New Vegas did it best - a few successes (like Vault 3 until they got raided by Fiends, or Vault 21 until they got forced out), a few partial successes (Vault 34 and the Boomers), and a good few failures (Vault 22, Vault 19, Vault 11, etc). Imagine if you had all that variety in one setting - settlements with communities that proudly came from Vaults, raider gangs that came from a Vault with some experiment that fucked them up or just drove them out (like the original Khans, Jackals and Fiends from Vault 15), and a few isolated groups still in Vaults that need outside help to start interacting with the Wasteland again and have their own quirks due to whatever did or did not happen to them. If you have too much of any one 'group' it gets boring.
>>
>>54311420
>Control Vaults are usually the least interesting to look at. The most interesting thing about them is how they tend to add to the part of the Wasteland they're in, like how Vault 8 became Vault City, or how Vault 3 traded with surrounding communities until getting taken over by Fiends. So their interesting bits are what they do, or what gets done to them from the outside, you know?Was Vault 3 really a control that just had a mechanical breakdown and insufficient supplies/naive enough leaders to make a perimeter like Vault City?

(Also even without Vault 3 the Fiends ahd a pretty fucking hardcore base between the concrete walls the rubble piles, the train wall, and the thirty-foot deep sign wall
>>
>>54312019
As far as I can tell, Vault 3 was just a control. There was some vague political shuffling, but it seemed more like the usual worries about making outside contact, and the overseers had committees and solved things by democratic process as far as I can tell. There's a few birthday messages and 'thanks for helping me meet this chick' - I think these people legitimately thought the best of others and figured others would do the same, and tried to solve all their problems rationally. It's almost a pity that they were the ones attacked by Fiends and wiped out - these seem like people that would've made the Wasteland better.
>>
One last bump, but we're pretty safely close to the next weekend now I suppose. It's just always so slow when it starts off.
Thread posts: 271
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.