[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/aosg/ - Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 444
Thread images: 58

File: mighty_lord.jpg (41KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
mighty_lord.jpg
41KB, 640x640px
Mighty Lord of Khorne edition.

resources
>pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

Core rules
>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Skirmish
>https://mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General Handbook
>https://mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>http://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

old bread >>54173344

Do you allow legacy warscrolls in your games?
>>
File: chaos_lord.png (417KB, 1197x947px) Image search: [Google]
chaos_lord.png
417KB, 1197x947px
posting one such compendium warscroll which doesn't even appear in the GHB (it lists "Lord of Chaos" which is a totally different warscroll with a different weapons and a different command ability)
>>
File: IMG_3271.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3271.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
How are the beastmen doing in aos? I painted up a brey shaman because I thought he looked cool and am now considering getting more. I love the minis and I'm fine with playing a challengeing army but getting shit on every game wouldn't be fun.
>>
File: 1498135732151.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1498135732151.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>MFW ghb2 comes out
>>
>>54219763
Pure beastmen/Brayherds are pretty fast and can hit hard but lack synergy with other chaos factions.

Tzaangors are really awesome models and good units, but they do not have the Brayherd keyword.

You can of course mix with other chaos factions anyway, if you feel that there is some need in your army that Brayherds can't address.
>>
File: grot.jpg (260KB, 1012x540px) Image search: [Google]
grot.jpg
260KB, 1012x540px
What did GW mean by this?
>>
>>54219763
>but getting shit on every game wouldn't be fun.
Play Tzeench arcanites with tzangors
>>
Looking to start a new order army or expand one of mine, I've got a few ideas and I'm split. Either I go dorfs, or I ally in battlemages with an army. Wat do?
>>
File: 1499132382626.png (132KB, 770x513px) Image search: [Google]
1499132382626.png
132KB, 770x513px
>>54220239
Oh yay so goblins werent squatted.

Time to get back into Warhammer!
>>
File: IMG_3931.png (1MB, 1024x1117px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3931.png
1MB, 1024x1117px
Players to be like:

There's this one dude who goes to my local GW who runs nothing but Tzeentch SoD. Each hero/ monster model is beautifully converted (for example, his giant has a giant mouth and tongue in its abdomin and gave it a giant horned helm), and everything is beautifully painted and based. He doesn't use any of the new skyfire stuff. While he may not win games as much as he would with the new Tzeentch stuff, he still loves his army and puts time and effort into every model, so that everything fits the classic chaos warriors look while still keeping aspects of Tzeentch.

I swear, this guy is like the perfect ideal wargamer.
>>
File: IMG_6105.jpg (60KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6105.jpg
60KB, 800x450px
So the final week of my skirmish campaign is coming. Since I joined late, I'm currently only using 30 points, but over these last two weeks I saved up 16 more.

Currently I'm using:
>plague priest
-helm of authority (inspirational fighter)
-merciless killer
>14 plague monks

What should I add now? I'm doing my best to stick to skaven. I've got 16 points to fill.
>>
File: triggering.jpg (92KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
triggering.jpg
92KB, 640x640px
So how much excitement and community engagement will the release of new elves for AOS inevitably bring? Options for answers range from: a lot, to the most exciting thing since the game launched. I am personally leaning towards the later. Even if you hate elves, and I realize some of you do, you have to realize that people will come out of the woodwork to buy and play Aelves.
>>
>>54222739
>army only consists of brand new units and models, making old models useless
>>
>>54222783
whats wrong with that? I would buy that. I already painted everything I own and literally nothing right now is even interesting. I am ready to slap down some cash for a brand new stand alone Aelves army.
>>
>>54222323
>that guy obsessed with khorne
>>
>>54222822
Eh?
>>
>>54222812
I just feel like some of the old elf players would feel disenfranchised, which would limit the population of fantasy players coming over.
>>
>>54222849
cause it says "players be like:" so i thought i would say what one player was like.
>>
>>54222885
Days players TO be like. As in to strive to be like in terms of passion and sportsmanship.
>>
>>54222874
whatever, people still play FreeGuild even though SC basically makes them obsolete. New Aelves can exist along side old playable Elf units.
>>
>>54222739
I hope GW retcon some of the fluff from AoS and brings out a new Edition to start a hype for the game like they did with 40k.
>>
File: slaan.jpg (1MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
slaan.jpg
1MB, 1500x1125px
>>54222323
My slaanesh army is like that
>>
File: 400px-Settra_Rules.jpg (26KB, 400x513px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Settra_Rules.jpg
26KB, 400x513px
>>54219531
Soon
>>
>>54223274
Oh, you're that anon. I love your army. Seen pics of it on here before.
>>
>>54223274
Same here; Although, I have my stuff on Square bases, so I can play multiple games. I play undead primarily, along with undead Seraphon, looted from the ruins of a crashed temple ship.
>>
>>54223457
Got any pics of your undead lizards?
>>
File: Condescends internally.png (340KB, 341x499px) Image search: [Google]
Condescends internally.png
340KB, 341x499px
>There are morons in this thread right now who legitimately thought GW was going to squat Night Goblins
>>
i just bought a Arkanaut Company of the new Kharadron Overlords. this is my first Sigmar anything because I've only played 40k(Iron Hands) until I saw these models and thought they looked awesome. Are they an army worth building? I'm not a poorfag by any means, but if they're not good on the tabletop, I think I'll just finish painting these cause I think they look cool and never touch them again.
>>
>>54223485
I was worried as they have always bnern my fave. Gobbos in warhammer, gobbos in blood bowl. I even use a squig hopper as my head coach (me).

Relieved and since im tradhing 3/4 opf my old models and this system doesnt require me to get 100 or more gobbos for an ok sized army, im pretty happy to start up a small 500.
>>
>>54223644
They were just reboxing. It's just that some faggot in here sees "TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK" or "SOLD OUT ONLINE" and then starts doomsaying that whatever it is is being squatted from the game.
It blows my mind, especially with how popular Night Goblins of all things have been and how distinctly Warhammer they are.
>>
File: 1499562725844-1486057923.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
1499562725844-1486057923.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
>>54223470
Ask and ye shall recieve
>>
>>54224710

Case in point - a NG squig list just won heat 3 of the UK GT.
>>
File: IMG_0498.jpg (105KB, 321x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0498.jpg
105KB, 321x400px
>>54225234
Yeah but despite the fact the player won it's not a good list because he didn't table his opponents turn 2 and he played the objectives in an objective based strategy game.

>mfw faggots actually think this
>>
>>54225329

Yup. Not all armies are meant to simply table. Anyone who played WHFB for any length of time should know that.
>>
Freeguild when
>>
>>54222118
What? They were never squatted they've had rules for fucking ages. The only difference is you're not forced to play them as an Orc and Goblins army. You can just play them as Goblins.

>>54225751
>mfw Freeguild Swordsmen have a better save and are likely to do more damage than Saurus Warriors

Baffling desu.
>>
REEEEE! I asked GW for rules for Grumlok and Gazbag and they said they'd do it but I don't see anything. They're doing a FAQ soon as well. So I suspect it's for the GHB2. I'd ask you guys to go to their Facebook page and ask for Grumlok and Gazbag rules but I have a feeling these threads are deader than my soul.
>>
>>54224710

Exactly. GW had their perfect chance to get rid of unwanted factions when they discontinued tomb kings and brets, and made the switch from compendium to Grand Alliance books.

I'm confident that anything that made it into a Grand Alliance book (and also got a new name for AoS) isn't going to be squatted; it might be ignored for a long time, but definitely not squatted.
>>
>>54226667

>Baffling desu

Moustaches > star lizards.
>>
>>54222874
>old elf players would feel disenfranchised
And nothing value was lost
No seriously, guys who love old models and armies were told ot fuck off 3 years ago
>>54222997
>old Elfs
>playable
>>
>>54228234
>; it might be ignored for a long time, but definitely not squatted.
So we can treat to fantasycucks like another kind of SoBfags (aka inferior bu annoying minority of people who refusing to support the game)
>>
>>54222997
>whatever, people still play FreeGuild even though SC basically makes them obsolete.
And someone plays Nids or Orks, so what?
>>
>>54228378

Not everyone who wants legacy armies updated doesn't also support the game and want new armies ya cunt.
>>
>>54223274
I see you're still using the same picture with the same confused Bloodreaver/marauder on the left edge
>>
>>54228735
>new armies
Oh, I want them too, NEW armies, not old ugly models. Something like Skitarii or Scions to represent free people.
>>
>>54228768
With how they chopped up some of the legacy factions, they'll basically be entirely new armies when they get new stuff.
Like firebellies or the entirety of death other than FEC
>>
>>54228793
So we have no reasons to argue, since both of us agreed that Legacy armies should be phased out and replaced by new one
>>
>>54228810
Uh, no. I was saying that some almost entirely new factions will technically be legacy too since they have like, one or two models that are legacy.
Like how sylvaneth and ironjawz are
>>
>>54228826
>will technically be legacy
Nope.
>Like how sylvaneth and ironjawz are
Mostly it's a new models, and none using old ugly models
>>
>>54228810

No they should not be replaced by new armies, the factions should be updated with current fluff and new model ranges where needed. For example Gutbusters is a pretty fleshed out faction unit wise that has already appeared in fluff but they need new hero figs.

That being said, I also like getting entirely new armies like kharadrons etc. But I don't want AoS to become all magitech like you seem to be implying with your 40k references.
>>
>>54228853
>the factions should be updated with current fluff
Except old armies doesn't have fluff outside their compendiums where all of them descirbed as npc/local police forces, not an actual armies.
>For example Gutbusters is a pretty fleshed out faction unit wise that has already appeared in fluff but they need new hero figs.
They were only mentioned, not developed in fluff.
>But I don't want AoS to become all magitech like you seem to be implying with your 40k references.
But it's already full magitech/high-fantasy 40k
>>
>>54228884
>Except old armies doesn't have fluff outside their compendiums where all of them descirbed as npc/local police forces, not an actual armies.
Over generalization. Maybe that's Freeguild and Dispossessed. Plenty of other factions have alternate agendas.

>They were only mentioned, not developed in fluff.
That's my point. They're in the stories. Let us know whatsd going on with them.

>But it's already full magitech/high-fantasy 40k
No. No it's not. Skyre and Kharadrons are kind of techy. That's about it. Everyone else is using magic, simple machine tech or black powder.
>>
>>54228952
>Maybe that's Freeguild and Dispossessed.
And aelves.
>That's my point. They're in the stories. Let us know whatsd going on with them.
Agree, but my point was that, they aren't well developed right now, so GW still have place to give a lot of new lore and models.
>No. No it's not. Skyre and Kharadrons are kind of techy.
And all who came from Azyrheim, humans living in giant high-tech metropolices and using modern weapon and military structure.
>>
>>54228378

>who refusing to support the game

How are they refusing to support the game? I didn't start playing freeguild til AoS came out, and that's all $$$ that went to GW.

>54228768

>old ugly models

I'd totally get your perspective if someone dumped a bunch of the old monopose empire state troops on the board, but most of the range really isn't that old, or ugly for that matter. The state troops and handgunner sculpts could maybe do with an overhaul (there's a lot of clutter on the models), but demigryph knights, the general on griffon, and greatswords, the war altar of sigmar and many others are all pretty bomb-ass sculpts. They already discontinued basically every empire model that was really old (knightly orders and named finecast characters amongst them), before renaming them freeguild.

>>54228768

I know you might prefer it otherwise, the whole setting can't just be like 40k. I agree it would be cool to have handgunners with some of the aesthetic of the skitarii ranger's rifles, but if you do that with every element of them, you just have human versions of kharadron overlords (I'm totally okay with a flying marienburg-landship-style airship tho).

And sure, kharadrons have advanced weaponry, but their whole range is based around the Unobtainium trope (i.e. aether-gold is to kharadron overlords like warpstone is to skaven). You'd need to invent another unobtainium and I really doubt GW would double up their themes that much.
>>
>>54229057
>How are they refusing to support the game?
Because GW counting on new models, not all WHFB models from the stocks.
>The state troops and handgunner sculpts could maybe do with an overhaul (there's a lot of clutter on the models), but demigryph knights, the general on griffon, and greatswords, the war altar of sigmar and many others are all pretty bomb-ass sculpts.
They are old, their design is ugly.
>the whole setting can't just be like 40k
Why?
>You'd need to invent another unobtainium
Why? Internal combustion engines already exist.
>>
>>54229101
>, not old
phonefix
>>
>>54228979

>And aelves.
Well looks like generic high elves are more or less getting the boot leaving Phoenix, White Lions and Swifthawk. Not really sure about DE but seems like they're still degenerates. Wanderers are off doing magical waystones stuff.

>Agree, but my point was that, they aren't well developed right now, so GW still have place to give a lot of new lore and models.
I'm ok with that as long as they don't kill the core aesthetic/appeal of the army. Once again to use Gutbusters, they're big, dumb, angry ogres who want to eat literally everything and worship the great maw/use gut magic. Keep that stuff the same and fit them into the fluff however. Just pike with Savage Orcs and Beastclaw.

>And all who came from Azyrheim, humans living in giant high-tech metropolices and using modern weapon and military structure.
Just cause Azyrheim looks fancy as fuck doesn't mean everything is high tech. Look at the SCE. Forged by Grungni, a dwarven blacksmith god, and imbued with Sigmar's magical essence. They're medieval "space marines" using magic and magically enhanced weapons, not fancy technology.
>>
>>54229130
>Well looks like generic high elves are more or less getting the boot leaving Phoenix, White Lions and Swifthawk.
Nope, read Highborne compendium.
>Just cause Azyrheim looks fancy as fuck doesn't mean everything is high tech.
Azyrheim are litertally home of all non-Chaos mortals, so it's shows tech-level of freeguilds and other.
>not fancy technology.
But they are using technology, look at their ranged units
>>
>>54229168
Repeater crossbows are not high tech.
>>
>>54229223
>are not high tech.
Yeah because it was such a common thing in medieval times, just like plasmaguns shooting thunder and lightings
>>
>>54229236

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repeating_crossbow&ved=0ahUKEwiOp9qO2fvUAhUCID4KHWHvDkYQFggeMAA&usg=AFQjCNE6G2RqpLljlSZBkxVh0-mSPj4-_A
>>
>>54229236
>plasmaguns shooting thunder and lightings
>>54229130
>using magic and magically enhanced weapons
>>
>>54229287
>China
>15 century
>medieval
kek
>>54229299
It's not enhanched by magic, it's clear magitech
>>
>>54229310

Don't be a jackass. It was invented in like 200AD. And medieval doesn't just mean europe.
>>
>>54228979

>giant high-tech metropolices

A retarded generalisation that you just won't let die. Firstly, there's nothing high-tech about it even azyrheim. There's a lot that's magical about it, but don't confuse the two. Azyrheim is the biggest and best city, located in the celestial realm, the very same place where sigmar resides. It's not even close to being comparable to the other cities. You are literally comparing the setting's version of heaven to it's version of earth; that's retarded. Even cities that aim to be like azyrheim (hammerhal, excelsior) only manage a small portion of it's grandeur.

>modern weapon and military structure

Do I have to debunk this absolute horseshit for the 40th time?

Let's talk about "modern weapons" first:

Even the goddamn palantine guard in city of secrets, who literally guard the city's equivalent of a president used rapiers and halberds. The regiments of freeguild likewise used ordinary weapons; swords, shields, spears and halberds. The handgunners used blackpowder weapons. The steam tank used steam power, and the aircorps was composed of duardin gyrocopters. This is not new. This is no more "high tech" than the old world.

Now lets talk about "military structure":

The only difference between structure in WFB and this is the dwarf artillery and war machines are combined with the empire artillery and warmachines. That's fucking nothing. Even in WFB, other cities often worked alongside allied artillery crews from nuln and similar places. The only change is that freeguild can have dwarf war machines alongside them, and vice versa. As for the armoured division you'll no doubt bring up, you can't even field that on the tabletop in matched play. Ironweld arsenal, like collegiate arcane, is meant to be allied to other factions, exactly as before in WFB.

>>54229223

Yes, yes it was you absolute dumbfuck . The medieval chinese had a repeating crossbow: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repeating_crossbow).
>>
>>54222874
Like GW never did that. 5th ed Lizardmen looked completely different to 6+ ed lizardmen.
>>
>>54229310
>It's not enhanched by magic, it's clear magitech
>clear
You wish. It's ambiguous at best, and that's just in regards to the thunderbolt crossbow. Lets take a look at some other magical weapons of the stormcast.

>Shockbolt Bow
>"the bolt explodes into a storm of lightning"
Here we have a normal looking arrow exploding into lightning. That's magic with no tech involved.

>Stormcall Javelin
>"the javelin calls down a bolt of lightning"
Here the attack doesn't even come from the weapon. It literally summons the lightning from somewhere else. Magic with no tech.

And lets not forget how there is artwork where stormcasts weapons are wreathed in lightning. The very same weapons that have zero indication of any sort techy components and as such appear as a mundane weapon.
>>
>>54229409
>Yes, yes it was you absolute dumbfuck . The medieval chinese had a repeating crossbow: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repeating_crossbow).
In a setting where steam tanks, cannons, and flying machines exist, a repeater crossbow is not high tech.
>>
>>54229354
>And medieval doesn't just mean europe.
Okay any other signs of Medieval China in SCE design?
>>54229409
>A retarded generalisation
Because..?
>Firstly, there's nothing high-tech about it even azyrheim.
>hive city builded from gold and other metall
>version of heaven
We talking about Azyrheim,l not about Sigmarion.
>Do I have to debunk this absolute horseshit for the 40th time?
You may try, but please, bring some arguments this time.
>Even the goddamn palantine guard in city of secrets, who literally guard the city's equivalent of a president used rapiers and halberds.
So as Astra Millitarum.
>The handgunners used blackpowder weapons.
So what? Blackpowder weapon from XV-XVI centuries, different from second half of XIX.
>gyrocopters
https://www.google.ru/search?q=gyrocopters&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwie4_i13_vUAhWpZpoKHVzfARMQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=971
Loos pretty modern for me.
>The only difference between structure in WFB and this is the dwarf artillery and war machines are combined with the empire artillery and warmachines
Nope, in City of Secrets we see straight differentiation of millitary units by their roles, separated infantry regiments, armoured divisions, air forces, nothing like Empire, where all were melted in one army.
It's sign of much more modern (high-tech by fantasy standart) society, much closer to modern millitary or to Astra Millitarum.
>>54229459
>That's magic with no tech involved.
[citation needed]
>Here the attack doesn't even come from the weapon. It literally summons the lightning from somewhere else.
So something inside the weapon summons the lighting, how it's not mechanism?
>>
>>54229517
Also, we already knew that Stormcasts using equivalent of wortex-grenades
>>
If anybody has the grand alliance Destruction book, can he/she please take a picture of the gutbusters entry for me.
>>
>>54229517
>[citation needed]
>It's not enhanched by magic, it's clear magitech
[citation needed]
>So something inside the weapon summons the lighting, how it's not mechanism?
>warriors forged and imbued with the pure essence of azyr
>wielding armor and weapons made of magical metal that is bonded to each individuals very being
>must be mechanical
You don't honestly believe that, right?
>>
>>54229615
>>must be mechanical
It's mechanical if it's using some unnatural rraits of sigmsrite.
>>
>>54229615

Just ignore him man. He either hasn't actually read all the fluff or is just a dick. Probably both.
>>
>>54229410
The only one I didn't mind being changed was the Stegadon. The 5th edition (or was it 4th?) was great. But the one we got and still have is too.

>>54229610
Gutbusters? That's just a type of Ogre now. Maneaters, Beastclaw Riders and Gutbusters. There is no unit called Gutbusters. There is a formation; but not a unit.

>>54229652
Looks like it's either the Slav or Carnac.

>>54228265
>at best a 6ft tall man is somehow tougher and stronger than a minimum 7ft tall biologically created soldier whose sole purpose was to fight and is now a fucking daemon so is even more resilient to damage lizardmen

I mean, I know why. Gotta balance due to default 10 Bravery being great. But! Corpseater Courts or whatever they're called, their default basic troops are Ghouls I think. They have 10 Bravery and do more damage (and might have a better save) than Saurus Warriors. Saurus Warriors are a sad niche where they're able to go against certain elites slightly better due to ignoring Rend. But are completely reliant on +1 armour buff. Much better to go with Saurus Guard and get 1+ armour save (and yes it is worth it in match play as well, it means a -3 Rend will be 4+ rather than 5+).

Shame the worse thing bout Seraphon is the god awful art.
>>
>>54229703
>Carnac

>Enter a thread. First thing I see is people trying besmirch my reputation

You guys deserve the Slav.
>>
>>54229703
>Shame the worse thing bout Seraphon is the god awful art.
Except it's good
>>
>>54229728
>chaos fangirl
>reputation
>>
File: liz13.png (3MB, 1535x819px) Image search: [Google]
liz13.png
3MB, 1535x819px
>>54229731
Sorry mate, I disagree.
>>
>>54229728
Hey I did say it was either of them you fucking mong. Calm down, sensitive. Who dropped rocks in your cereal?
>>
>>54229777
Either? How is it either? It's pretty obvious. You are dumb, son.

Get out of my thread.
>>
File: Dwarf_-_Gyrocopter_1.jpg (64KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf_-_Gyrocopter_1.jpg
64KB, 920x950px
>hive city builded from gold and other metall

That's a baseless assertion. Azyr-style buildings are made from stone, often with a metal dome. These are not high-tech materials. Also learn english ffs. It's pretty tiring replying to someone with the language skills of a young child.

>arguments this time

So as Astra Millitarum.

In addition to your ignorance about repeating crossbows, do you really also know what a halberd is? It's a polearm, a combination of spear and battleaxe. Is that modern to you?

>So what? Blackpowder weapon from XV-XVI centuries, different from second half of XIX.

You're saying factions from azyrheim used "modern" or "high tech" weaponry. Blackpowder is NOT modern you dumbfuck. It's not even advanced to the point of using anything resembling a modern bullet. Blackpowder weapons use lead balls and gunpowder which have to be manually loaded in a specific order.

>gyrocopters
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=gyrocopter+warhammer&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBAU731AU731&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwizsMqw5_vUAhXCpZQKHR2uCkcQ_AUIBigB&biw=1745&bih=864#imgrc=wbxiPFJO-WEJrM
You look pretty dumb to me. Don't argue like a jew, cunt. I can google pictures of modern rifles and say "handgunners have rifles ergo handgunners have modern rifles", but that would be retarded. Gyrocopters have been in WFB for a really long time.

>all were melted in one army

Only by the fact that the army book put them together. The actual lore, which again, you don't know of because you barely speak english, had them as separate entities which would fight under one banner when at war. The college of magic was separate from state troops and artillery was commonly manufactured elsewhere and crew were trained elsewhere.
>>
>>54229788
>Looks like it's either the Slav or Carnac.
>either the Slav or Carnac
>either the Slav or
>either the Slav
>either the
>either
>either

Anyway, you're not Carnac.
>>
>>54229810
But I am.

I mean if you looked at the horrendous levels of English, the same obnoxious posting style, and same topics over and over, either wouldn't been in that sentence. It's the Slav.

I built these threads with my sweat, love, and money. Why would I shitpost them? Your character assassination is deplorable which is why you should leave.
>>
>>54229792
>That's a baseless assertion
Nope you can google azyrheim pictures.
>It's a polearm, a combination of spear and battleaxe. Is that modern to you?
Japanesse soldiers used swords in ww2. And Astra Millitarum using close combat weapon too.
>Blackpowder is NOT modern
How exactly it isn't modern? Also bolters too using blackpowder charges.
>Gyrocopters have been in WFB for a really long time.
How it's even relevant, AoS is different setting. And gyrocopters aren't special WHFB term.
>had them as separate entities
Nope, all, except mages, belonged to their provinces.
And again, no straight restriction of millitary, it's very modern-advanced thing, having separeted infantry, armoured and air regiments/divisions etc
>>
why are our threads trolled so easily
>>
>>54229888
Because Carnac won't kill himself, sadly. Sorry, the guys pretending to be him won't do it.
>>
>>54229703

>Gutbusters? That's just a type of Ogre now. Maneaters, Beastclaw Riders and Gutbusters. There is no unit called Gutbusters. There is a formation; but not a unit.

I'm aware. I have a large force of them in fact. I didn't ask anything about a unit. I want the fluff blurb for them from the grand alliance book. None of them are scanned so I was hoping someone would hook me up and just take a pic.
>>
File: ZskALia.jpg (115KB, 850x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ZskALia.jpg
115KB, 850x1000px
>>54230023

Like this. Only some of them got posted when the books came out.
>>
>>54230083

Grand Alliance Fluff https://imgur.com/a/ioFiW
>>
>>54229930
I haven't posted here for a long time, other than upload the Plague Garden novel.

But I see that you guys made the threads a fertile grounds for the Slav. You disgust me.
>>
>>54230089
>You disgust me.
>says a guy who just shitpost about Chaos and pirating
>>
>>54222323

Intercontinental fist bump for that champ. Wish there were more like him.
>>
>>54230185
>Wish there were more like him.
May be you really should play RPG instead of wargames?
>>
I'm so hyped for GH17 and the new allegiance abilities.

Do you guys think they will ever update warscrolls outside a battletome release?
>>
>>54230277

I'd say no but I suppose it's possible. Less likely for discontinued stuff.
>>
>>54230244

Eh? It's a hobby man. Are you dense, or 12?
>>
>>54230244
? it is a miniatures wargame, not a videogame. The actual game is almost secondary.
>>
>>54230426
>The actual game is almost secondary.
>source; my ass
>>
>>54230426

Um, OK. Thanks for your wisdom, Great One.
>>
>>54230244
tolday, the slavtroll plays warmahordes.
>>
>>54230472
>the slavtroll plays warmahordes.
Okay, so what?
>>
Anyone know how Freeguild Spearmen look like in comparison to historical miniatures?

I want to make a small Freeguild force but don't really like the Germanic Pike & Shott/Renaissance look they have going on. I was thinking maybe Warlord or Victoria Hoplites would suit me better.
>>
>>54230520
>I was thinking maybe Warlord or Victoria Hoplites would suit me better.
Make them from AoS models, like Duncan
>>
>>54230520
If it wasn't so ridiculously hard to mix-match between lines in historical minis, I'd be tempted to go ancient greece as basis+ usual gun and pike stuff.
>>
>>54230530

I'm not a fan of the 300 esque no armour torso. They do look great though.
>>
>>54230540
>I'm not a fan of the 300 esque no armour torso.
Then use SCE or Bloodbound guys from starter
>>
>>54230551

I don't think Bloodbound will give me enough of a Greek look, and I'd rather just use my Stormcast bits as Stormcast, especially stuff like torsos.

It'll be a mixed Freeguild/SCE Force and I want them each to have their own distinctive look.
>>
>>54230588
>I don't think Bloodbound will give me enough of a Greek look
But they have covered bodies, just add SCE weapon, cut off Khorne horns, it might work.
>>
>>54230536

I wish GW, if they don't have any plans in the work for Freeguild, would go the Kings of War route with them and just say "use whatever historical human minis you want" for their human army.

I know why they wouldn't do such a thing and is little more than the pipest of pipe dreams, but it would be nice.
>>
>>54230632
>but it would be nice.
Nope
>>
Why not make 'em look like spanish conquistadors? It fits the 'legions of reclamation' idea perfectly. You've got an advanced civilisation (i.e. from azyrheim) going back into the realms to claim a "new world" of sorts.
>>
>>54230667
>Why not make 'em look like spanish conquistadors?
Becuase it's shitty aesthetic, especially for high fantasy
>>
>>54230648

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'd be all for Freeguild looking as varied as Egyptian, Japanese, Greek or the current look they have now also snide everything in between.

I guess it just isn't for everyone.
>>
>>54230705
You are talking to a troll.
>>
>>54230705
>Different strokes for different folks I guess
Yeah and tables filled by shitton of cheap, ugly and unpainted models. No fuck this shit, price wall is prefect tool to keep retards out of AoS
>>
>>54229792
You are the real idiot for arguing with the troll.
>>
>>54230733

> Wants to keep retards out of AoS
> "prefect tool"

Talk about throwing stones in a glass house mate.
>>
>>54225751

More Freeguild art when

More Freeguild city terrain when

Iirc the next GHB is gonna have siege rules? Because fucking NICE I am probably gonna buy it
>>
>shitty aesthetic

Well that's your opinion, ms thunderslut
>>
>>54231070
And you opinion is inferior madam Groggystein
>>
>>54231104

Take your kompot and leave faggot. This is for english speakers only.
>>
>>54230856
>Iirc the next GHB is gonna have siege rules
I find that doubtful, but it would be really nice.

It shouldn't be hard to knock up some of your own houserules for sieges though. Just have it so different sections of the wall have health, and when they are depleted they are considered destroyed, and able to be crossed. Maybe have a stipulation that they can only be damaged by monsters or war machines.
>>
>>54231166
Siege rules are already confirmed:
"Highlights include rules for siege warfare in the Mortal Realms and Time of War battlefield rules for locations in every realm (even the one’s we haven’t been to yet!)."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/26/generals-handbook-2017-june26gw-homepage-post-3/
>>
>>54230808
>typo
>retard
We all see you're butthurt, no need to parade your inflamed sphincter in front of everyone
>>
>>54231245
>builded
>>
>>54229769
You just proved his point.l That art looks fucking hideous. The starlizards don't even look remotely alike, and don't get me started on those god awful blightkings.
>>
File: Warhammer_Lizardmen_Army.jpg (160KB, 740x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer_Lizardmen_Army.jpg
160KB, 740x1003px
>>54231285

Yes. It's soulless, textureless digital art drawn by people who don't understand how light interacts with solid surfaces. Annoyingly, they also put this shitty fog effect between the groups so they don't have to actually create the detail that should be there. Compare it to this classic piece.
>>
>>54228500
Nids are fucking amazing now
>>
>>54219531
Why is it impossible to build a O&G list in AoS skirmish? Moonclan and spiderfang can only have basic troops, no heroes or any choice. Greenskinz only have 3 choices but still no heroes. Only Gitmob gets a shaman, but still no boss.
Only way to play the greenies is as Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz...
>>
>>54231148
>This is for english speakers only.
Then why do we have so many UK posters?
>>54231440
>Lizardmen_Army
Fuck off groggy, none cares about this old piece of shit, seraphon art is good.
>>
>>54231977
They will never be fucking amazing because their lore will always make them fucking suck. If you can stand not knowing anything about your guys, you're either a power gamer or don't give a shit about the setting.
>>
>>54232737
Actually, I kinda like the nid fluff. We don't know where the bugs came from, but we know they're hungry.
>>
>>54232737
>complaining about other game's lore
>in aos general
Get back in your bubble.
>>
>>54231207
Fantastic. That means my Barak-Mhornar Dorfs get to do some raiding missions from time to time.
>>
>>54232854
>40kkid talking about lore
>>54232921
>That means my Barak-Mhornar Dorfs get to do some raiding missions from time to time.
Without siege equipment?
>>
>>54232737
>if you can stand not knowing anything about your guys, you're either a power gamer or don't give a shit about the setting

Okay, let's address why you're a fucking idiot
1) 40k's setting is nothing more than an excuse to put Fantasy in space. The nearly 30 years of fluff that have been created for it only exist to convince people to buy plastic models, and if you believe anything else you're fooling yourself. I'm very happy for you that you love your characters and your army and your lore, but someone else not giving a damn about it is not badwrongfun.

2) Fantasy is a fucking table-top game that didn't have even 1/100 of the lore that was squatted with AoS when it was released nearly 40 years ago. All of the lore that was invented was invented, again, as part of a larger marketing campaign to get people to buy plastic models.

3) The entire idea of Your Army/Your Guysâ„¢ and the setting allowing Your Army/Your Guysâ„¢ to be lore friendly exists to get you to buy more plastic models.

4) Ultimately, all the lore that exists exists in support of a GAME. If people are more interested in gaming than reading, that's perfectly acceptable, you grognard.

5) GW's official reports show most people don't read the lore or even play the fucking game, they just paint plastic.

tl;dr--you can like the lore if you want, but being disinterested in it is not some kind of No True Scotsman situation
>>
>>54233219
>5) GW's official reports show most people don't read the lore or even play the fucking game,
Sauce?
>>
>>54233296
I find it believable.
t. doesn't play, just paints
>>
>>54233740
>I find it believable.
Me too, but part of
>GW's official reports
implying there is must be official public report
>>
>>54232976
>Without siege equipment?
They have flying boats covered in cannons. I believe that will suffice.
>>
File: 101_1644.jpg (23KB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
101_1644.jpg
23KB, 400x374px
Which set has this goatskull?
>>
File: IMG_6390.jpg (350KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6390.jpg
350KB, 1000x1000px
Slaanesh SC?
>>
>>54233920
Dryads
>>
>>54233753
It wasn't a report, it was a statement by Kirby. You know, the man that almost drove the fucking company 's reputation into the ground.
>>
>>54233296
https://investor.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2014-15-Press-statement-final-website-final.pdf

There's nothing incredibly concrete, but the important figure to look at is royalties. They do not make direct profit off of Black Library content--they only make royalties. Royalties, as you can see, are a very small part of their profit.

http://www.iii.co.uk/news-opinion/richard-beddard/games-workshop-agm:-relentless-profit-machine?utm_content=buffer1c3b8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

A major editor mentions he's heard from GW execs that only 20% of the consumer base are "gamers" while the rest are modellers and collectors. I've personally heard this reflected from GW store managers, who have told me that their own customer base is primarily composed of painters/collectors.
>>
>>54234084

Finally Start Collecting Fyreslayers? Beastclaw and Slaanesh too.
>>
File: 1461855247640.png (1MB, 1275x708px) Image search: [Google]
1461855247640.png
1MB, 1275x708px
>The Daughters of Khaine keep their bodies strong and youthful through strange blood rituals.

Why? Are Elves not immortal now?
>>
>>54234153
>You know, the man that almost drove the fucking company 's reputation into the ground.
Well company's reputation still at Disney-level and it doesn't look like it's bothers them
>>
>>54234253
Elves always aged and died naturally after 2000 years.
>>
>>54234084
Fyreslayers, slaanesh (not sure demons or mortals), and beastclaw start collecting sets!

Maybe more people will get into fyreslayers now!
>>
>>54234437
Obviously daemons. Other three gods have daemon SC
>>
File: IMG_4780.png (313KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4780.png
313KB, 1400x1400px
>>54234397
>mfw I noticed that wasn't a dude elf
>>
>>54234253
>Are Elves not immortal now?
Yep, just like Dark Eldars
>>
>>54234516
Damn. I may be alone, but demons are the least interesting aspect of chaos. The mortals are just so much more interesting to me.
>>
>>54234571
I like em both.
>>
>>54234571

I agree.
>>
>>54234437
More people will get into fyreslayers when fyreslayers get models that don't look bad
>>
>>54234713
>when fyreslayers get models that don't look bad
Fantasycuck, please
>>
>>54234713
Not necessarily. I've seen several people who want to get into them, but it's hard to justify the cost. Stormcast Eternals is easy to get into because there's plenty of cheap options.
>>
>>54234084
Finally. The only two things I want now are new Skaven start collecting and death release
>>
>>54234084
>SC beastclaw
Noice, 4 mournfangs and a stonehorn/thundertusk
>>
>>54233920
Beastmen gors box
>>
>>54234084
Niiice
>>
>>54234437
>>54234516
>>54234571
slaanesh only has one faction for mortals and daemons. hosts of slaanesh.
>>
File: FyreslayersVulkiteBerzerkers01.jpg (142KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
FyreslayersVulkiteBerzerkers01.jpg
142KB, 920x950px
>>54234743
They're all so static and weirdly symmetrical. The guy in the front looks like he's from a mirrored video game cover for crying out loud, they're terrible compared to both WHFB Dwarfs AND AoS Overlords in pretty much every way.

>t. person who started Skaven in AoS and never played WHFB
>>
File: 1fb.png (273KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
1fb.png
273KB, 600x583px
FREEGUILD

START COLLECTING

WHEN
>>
>>54235194
I bet there will be more than those three new.
>>
>>54235134
It'll be daemons. Tzeentch and khorne both only now have one faction, but they have DAEMONS sc
>>
>>54235255
Doesn't those SC! boxes came out when there were more factions per god?
>>
>>54235255
There is a Khorne Bloodbound SC! box. The khorne daemon box isn't even listed in aos.
>>
>>54235277
>>54235315
The Tzeentch released at the same time as the unification
>>
>>54235315
>The khorne daemon box isn't even listed in aos
Huh, you are right. But it was listed on aos site. what happened?
>>
>>54235427
It's just the shop filter I guess. You will find it in the 40k section.
>>
I just read Plague Garden.

One of the Stormcast leaders wasn't a warrior in life. He was just a miller. Then it says that anyone can become a Stormcast regardless of his past life. As long as he showed great courage, defiance, or faith at their last moments. Heck even a house wife can become a Stormcast!

What do you guys think about this?
>>
>>54235488
Is that new? I always thought it was described like this when the stormcasts were introduced.
It's okay in every way for me. If you can "reforge a soul" then you can learn to fight too.
>>
File: plague-garden-9781784966218_hr.jpg (307KB, 1400x2148px) Image search: [Google]
plague-garden-9781784966218_hr.jpg
307KB, 1400x2148px
Anyone have a digital version to share?
>>
>>54235488
There should be a rule that when a unit of flagellants dies, sou set up a small unit of stormcast free of cost
>>
>>54235488
I dont mind the fluff. My only dislike for sigmarites is that they look far too bulky and space marine like.
>>
>>54219531
>Do you allow legacy warscrolls in your games?
Yeah but I find building a legacy warscrolls-based army frustrating as fuck
>>
>>54219531
Are legacy warscrolls banned or unofficial or something?

I thiught grand alliance books were all official.
>>
>>54235160
>They're all so static and weirdly symmetrical.
And still better than WHFB manlets
>>54235194
Who need police-force SC in game about magical supersoldiers?
>>
>>54234084

FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK, and i literally just bought my Tzeentch SC box a few days ago.

Guess its time to start saving for the slaanesh box, anyone need some beastmen or undead??
>>
>>54235824
imperial guard are one of the most popular armies in 40k
>>
File: IMG_0002.jpg (390KB, 1920x990px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
390KB, 1920x990px
For a Nurgle Warband at about 50 Renown, you anons think I'm better off going Daemons or mortals?

Might be fun to run a Herald with a Plague Drone and 7 Plaguebearers.

But a Lord of Plagues, a couple Blightkings, and converted Marauders (using Poxwalker parts) might be fun too.

Opinions, /tg/?
>>
File: TzeentchArmy.pdf (4KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
TzeentchArmy.pdf
4KB, 1x1px
Want to get into AOS, no idea abut whats good this 1250 point army I made on the warscroll site is available for £101 from triple helix wargames. Is this a decent start into the game? Also got the bits from silver tower I can add.
>>
>>54235910
Looks like a good start to me. Have fun modeling those horrors!
>>
>>54235905
>imperial guard are one of the most popular armies in 40k
1) Not popular as SM, Eldars or Tau
2) At least IG is actual army.
>>
>>54236138
how is freeguild not an actual army?
>>
>>54236187
>how is freeguild not an actual army?
Because they didn't fighting, only doing plice-job and cannot handle even with local cults without Stormcasts
>>
>>54236629
How about you come back with an argument after a few more english classes, Sanjay
>>
>>54236648
How about you read City of Secrets where 3 regiments failed even PDF-job and was saved by Stormcasts?
>>
>>54236835
I'm skeptical of your ability to read english accurately considering you can barely write it. Who knows what happened in that book.
>>
>>54236857
So, you didn't read it?
>>
File: 1491008506637.jpg (357KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1491008506637.jpg
357KB, 1600x1200px
>>54235709
Please respond
>>
what the fuck is up with so many people hating on the Freeguild, christ sakes.

You'll accept daemons, gods, demigod paladin dudes, airship pirate dwarves who mine gas gold, and yet a bunch of dudes in slashed sleeves and feather plumed hats show up to the party with mustaches and zweihanders that's where everyone draws the line?

Ffs, they're police yes, but they're also conscripted in the thousands to fight the enemies of Azyr.

From the website:

"Freeguild Guard form the mainstay of the Freeguild's armies. As well as forming a standing army, they serve as city guards and enforcers of all local laws. They may be armed in a variety of ways although the most common is either halberd, sword or spear."

"War calls to the Free Peoples and they answer its summons in their countless thousands. Vast armies muster before the gates of Azyrheim and march out into the lands retaken by the Stormcast Eternals."

They're the city guards, but they're also the standing army of the Free Peoples. They are literally the Imperial Guard of Sigmar.

I like the SC, hell I think every army has something interesting it brings to the table.

Except skaven, but that's because I've had rodent issues for the longest time and the bastards kept pooping in my cookware.
>>
File: warscroll FAQ.png (25KB, 621x192px) Image search: [Google]
warscroll FAQ.png
25KB, 621x192px
>>54235709 >>54236988
>Are legacy warscrolls banned or unofficial or something?
>>
>>54237035
>that's where everyone draws the line?
Yep, they don't fit the setting aesthetic and power-level to be serious power.
>They are literally the Imperial Guard of Sigmar.
And again, who cares about the Guard who cannot do anything without Space Marines?
>>
>>54237127
Also, your own citation
>march out into the lands retaken by the Stormcast Eternals.
They didn't conquering the lands, they comming when job is done, it's even power than Guard
>>
>>54237184
>lower
>>
>>54237035
>hell I think every army has something interesting it brings to the table.
And what interesting brings legacyshit with their "2units is army"?
They don't have interesting unit rules, or magic, or anything
>>
>>54235573
It should be in the mega, if not someone posted it last thread
>>
>>54237245
>And what interesting brings legacyshit with their "2units is army"?They don't have interesting unit rules, or magic, or anything

well to be fair the elves (high, dark, and wood) were pretty solid complete armies with some really fun and strong stuff going for them when AOS first came out and they each had a compendium.

then some shithead decided to shatter them into worthless weak 2 unit armies for, what is still to this day, completely unknown/unexplained reasons.
>>
>>54237308
>with some really fun and strong stuff
Such as, two spells, meme rules?
>for, what is still to this day, completely unknown/unexplained reasons.
1) To replce them by new aelves armies
2) To deliver your salty tears, groggy, they always delicious
>>
>>54223485
Is that Bendidict Cumberbatch?
>>
Does anyone have a pdf or epup of the grand alliance chaos book?
>>
>>54236072
Cheers mate. Should be easy to paint, white prime crimson wash then Metallics is the plan. You don't have to have them split into blues if playing points right? If you haven't paid for the points I mean.
>>
>>54219531
moar like stop being a little gay and paint your fucking shit edition amirite??
>>
File: highborn pre broken example.png (641KB, 1009x1427px) Image search: [Google]
highborn pre broken example.png
641KB, 1009x1427px
>>54237335
>Such as, two spells, meme rules?
They all had some good stuff going. here is one example of the many out there.
>>
>>54236138

>Eldars or Tau

citation fucking needed
>>
>>54237308
This is by far the most confusing thing about getting into sigmar. I was interested in dwarves or elves but did not have a fucking clue what was going on when looking at all the various aelves and dwarf factions. So decided on tzeentch that can also accompany my thousand sons in 40K
>>
>>54237495
>here is one example
Useless in S&S meta
Especially without a points
>>
>>54237035

there are people here who loathe FG for some personal booty bothered reasons we can only guess at,

probably edgy faction players who got tabled by Empire way too many times
>>
File: legal.png (132KB, 869x285px) Image search: [Google]
legal.png
132KB, 869x285px
>>54237539
>Especially without a points
cant say its "good" competitively compared to the bullshit in the new releases but it is at least legal to put on the table in matched play.
>>
>>54237657
>400 points for one big target for hunters
Sure groggy it will work
>>
>>54236988
>>54235709

There are two types of Legacy army.
The ones you see in the Grand Alliance books, and models that are not in production anymore. Their rules are not in the Grand Alliance books, but they are in the online compendium, and they still have points in the Generals Handbook.

Both of these are perfectly legal, but in the case of COMPENDIUM units, some tournaments do not allow them, but that is an exception rather than a rule.
>>
>>54237954
I am retarded but what is an example of a compendium unit?

Thanks for answering though im felighted moonclan grots/night gobs are legit.

>>54237089
You too.
>>
>>54237551
>>54237035
Probably overcompensating AoS fans who hate anything that is considered 'WHFB' and Empire was the poster boy of fantasy.
>>54235709
Anything that has a warscroll is legal, and anything with a warscoll and points is 100% tournament legal.
>>54237551
Legacy armies is a fcking meme unless you are talking about Brettonia or Tomb Kings, since those minis are no longer for sale.
The GBH has details for making armies with all the miniatures and you can either get a Grand Alliance Book or just download all the warscrolls.
>>54235905
>>54236187
Stop responding to him, it's that fag that has been shitting up these threads
>>
>>54238106
The entire Tomb King range and Bretonnia are examples of an entire army build out of compendium units.

Then for existing factions, the Wanderers have Glade Riders and Waywatchers as compendium units for example.

Basically anything that is in the compendium, that doesn't have a model on sale anymore.
>>
>>54230520

Anyone get around to answering this?

I jus want to make sure the Historical miniatures don't look laughably small compared to actual Freeguild models.
>>
>>54237414
Far as I know, you do not have to have them split into blues? Do their rules say you must or you may?
>>
>>54238608
The freeguild minis are in heroic scale so they may look a little goofy compared to historic minis.
>>
File: 1495245977370.png (81KB, 680x778px) Image search: [Google]
1495245977370.png
81KB, 680x778px
For somomeone looking to build a night goblin and regular goblin themed army, what is the approach to leaders and hero units in AoS? Like, do I try to get multiple moonclan grot warbosses and designate one as general or just go one with a shaman?

Also i was thinking a night goblin warboss, shaman, a decent core of night goblins (40 or so) with fanaticd, doom diver, lobber, squig herders, hoppers, and 3-6 trolls. Masybe throw in a mangler.

At a glance how does that sound?
>>
>>54239027
Drop them hoppers. As fun as those sculpts are, they just are not worth their points in any capacity. Get some Spider Riders instead. Far more effective.

take Fellwater Troggoths instead of Sourbreath and keep them near your nets. A -2 to hit penalty pays off far more than a 4+ to not die does.

This is just my opinions and advice though. Do you my dude.
>>
>>54239027
With the new allegiance abilities coming out some time this year, you might want to just stick with moonclan or gitmob.

>what is the approach to leaders
For grots, just take one boss with some shamans. Always take the grot boss with the Giant cave squig and Moon-prodder over the other bosses.

>decent core of night goblins (40 or so)
40 is just enough for battleline at a 1000 points. I find mobs of gobs to be fun and effective because you get 3 netters per 20 gobs but moving 60+ goblins two times a round is a pain.

>doom diver, lobber
The Spear Chukkas are better, but they need line of sight.

>hoppers
Worse than both wolf riders and spider riders, but hoppers can release fanatics. Spider riders being the best gob cavalry.

Manglers are great.
>>
I have two questions about greenskinz
- Are they playable at all right now or are they a dead faction on their own for real?
- Are orruk boyz same sized as ork boyz? I'm gonna magnetize my ork boyz so I thought about buying a box of greenskinz bitz so I could swap shootas and sluggas with shields and other aos arms
>>
>>54239844
>>54239844
Thanks anons. Time to scrounge up my night gobbos after nearly a decade and a half.

>new allegience rules

By your comment i should be ok anyway if i just stick to my gobs.
>>
>>54240485
Pure goblin lists can be effective if you are clever in using them. Goad opponents into bad charges. Use fanatics to disrupt what would have been a devastating charge. Take advantage of clumped opposing units with well placed Curse of da Bad Moon. Remember, for every ten models in a unit is +1 bravery. Use I'm Da Boss Now Stab Em Good it is dead handy. Netters are your friends. Squigs are your friends.
>>
>>54240363
Orruk boyz and Ork boyz are the same size.
>>
File: Empire_Swordsmen.jpg (198KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Empire_Swordsmen.jpg
198KB, 800x534px
Just got a shitload of empire stuff for free from a friend. I have no idea what to do to play Aos with it. Where do I start?

Ive got

>87 spearmen
>63 handgunners
>4 cannons
>3 mortars
>5 knights
>3 wizards, one on foot, one on horse and one on a pegasus i think
>>
>>54242372
Well first you would need the generals handbook for all the rules for matched play. The new one is coming out soon so I would hold off on that. If you have someone else to play with who already knows the rules then you'll be fine for now. Next, you can find the warscrolls for each unit in the game on GWs site. A warscroll is basically just a page for each unit that has all their stats/weapons/abilities/etc. There is also an age of sigmar mobile app that has all the warscrolls as well. After that, you can find the list builder in the OP. It has everything you'll need to make a legal matched play list. As far as your army goes, it looks pretty good, you just need to get yourself a freeguild general. He's essential for any freeguild army.
>>
>>54234753
>>54235160
Both of these are true in my opinion. I love dwarfs of any kind and would have started Fyreslayers when I got into this, but the models do look terrible, and spending 60$/10 for the base troop that's supposed to be in big units for size bonuses made me Nope right the fuck away from them.

Like looking at that "starter 1000 pt lists" link we used to keep in the OP, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wl3zJzmXcXrievqvnoqtlOMHwG3-SCtRXMWfKFQ2ZVw/edit#gid=0
You can see that while most armies/Order armies are in the vague ~200$ ish range, Fyreslayers are like... almost 400$ ?
>>
>>54232144

>Stormslut thinks she has taste.
>>
>>54242725
empire mortars, knights and cannons are harder to find. anyone got the empire PDF?
>>
>>54223295
>trying to meme TK release into existence.

I see you
>>
>>54242372

You've got two choices. Play the legacy army known as empire, or play freeguild, and no, it's not just a name change; several units' warscrolls are different, the battalions available are different, and you basically can't take the models GW discontinued post-rename (knights, mortars, cannons, mounted wizards and the pegasus in your case.) Still, I'd start as freeguild and put em on proper round bases, as befits AoS.

If you want to play legacy empire, you just need the general's handbook and the compendium warscrolls. If you want to play freeguild like an proper AoS player, you'll want to get a copy of Grand Alliance: Order in addition to the handbook.
>>
>>54243001
literally on the GW website
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/WSC-EMP-ENG
>>
>>54243019
So i cant use the mortars, cannons or baltasar gelt unless I run everything as freeguild?

Couldnt i just run empire units with freeguild since its all order?
>>
>>54243072
Yes you can.
>>
File: Aenarion_&_indraugnir.jpg (424KB, 1240x728px) Image search: [Google]
Aenarion_&_indraugnir.jpg
424KB, 1240x728px
>>54243072
not that guy but here is another opinion:
forget freeguild exists. Its a shittier gutted version of Empire anyways. Just use the Empire Compendium >>54243026 because then you can play with all your toys in one coherent complete army.

the fuckening when GW, in its infinite wisdom, decided to break the old armies into shitty mini armies was bullshit.

But all hope is not lost because the Compendiums are totally matched play legal and all the units have points in the GHB and you can use the Compendium versions of all the warscrolls in matched play.
>>
>>54240363
>- Are they playable at all right now
Nope
>- Are orruk boyz same sized as ork boyz?
Nope they are larger
>>54242372
>Where do I start?
From picking actual army, my friend.
>>
>>54243151
>the fuckening when GW, in its infinite wisdom, decided to break the old armies into shitty mini armies was bullshit.
Cry more salty-one
>>
File: 123.jpg (90KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
90KB, 694x530px
>>54243201
>Cry more salty-one

good enough?
>>
What does the shitposter want?

Everyone to only play armies with battletomes?
>>
>>54243229
>good enough?
Not enough, need more tears.
>>54243255
>Everyone to only play armies with battletomes?
Something like this.
>>
>>54243319
So if freeguild got a battletome you would stop shitposting?
>>
And the idiots are still feeding the troll.
>>
>>54243328
>So if freeguild got a battletome you would stop shitposting?
Nope, they still looks ugly.
Only if they get new models
>>
>>54243412
Do you shitpost about fyreslayers too?

Considering theyre the ugliest models in the entire gw range.
>>
>>54243422
>Do you shitpost about fyreslayers too?
Nope, they are fine, much better WHFB dwarfs
>>
>>54243451
dwarf miners have about 100 times the character of the entire fyreslayer line
>>
>>54243485
>dwarf miners have about 100 times the character of the entire fyreslayer line
obviously! I don't invent personally into Dwarfs but even I can see that clear as day.

shithead here >>54243451 is just being a dipshit
>>
Seraphon didn't get new models. But they have a battletome. They're ugly. Also they're basically a legacy army.
>>
>>54243451

Seraphon are a legacy army. AND THEY'RE UGLY AS SIN.
>>
>>54243485
>dwarf miners have about 100 times the character of the entire fyreslayer line
Nope
>>
>>54243451
Look at this post, people.

This man is a troll. A pure troll. He's not even trying to hide it.

Ignore slav posts
Report slav posters
Do not respond to slav
>>
>>54243688
theres no accounting for taste, or lack thereof
>>
>>54243696
PEOPLE.
If he responds with "Nope", he is the slav. Ignore him. Report him. Do not respond to him.
>>
>>54243726

That, or broken english
>>
>>54235842
unpainted? what stuff? how much?
>>
>>54243026
It's kinda hidden though
>>
>>54243551
>>54243565
It's too bad, too, as the standalone Old Blood in the carnosaur kit looks fantastic and it's pretty difficult to get a hold of one. He's right about AoS scale and harkens back to the beefier saurus warrior design in 5th or whenever they got their plastics.
>>
>>54235906
I'm currently top of my league with a Nurgle warband.

We started at 35 points, I went with a Lord of Plagues as my general and 2 Putrid Blightkings. Then I added another Blightking, a handful of Plaguebearers, and a Nurgling Swarm.

You could do the following at 50 points, it would probably be pretty effective, taking another Blightking instead of the Plaguebearers and Nurgling Swarm is a possibility, but having more models is good for most Skirmish scenarios.

Lord of Plagues
3 Putrid Blightkings
2 Plaguebearers
1 Nurglings

Things to do moving forward is to round out some of the armies weaknesses, I added some Ungor Raiders, a Plague Drone, and a Gorebeast Chariot and now it's a pretty well-rounded list.
>>
>>54235906
>>54244126
Oh, also wanted to mention that the Herald just isn't very good in Skirmish compared to a Lord of Plagues, which clearly stands out as the best general choice crunch-wise.
>>
>>54243692
>This man is a troll. A pure troll. He's not even trying to hide it.
Because I like AoS models?
>>
File: image012.jpg (173KB, 976x720px) Image search: [Google]
image012.jpg
173KB, 976x720px
>>54229769
While taste in aesthetics is subjective, some stuff is demonstrably bad. Look at the Carno's face in this pic. This is a consistent problem throughout.

>>54232144
That pic is cool though. Just not the same theme as seraphon, but still cool.
>>
File: Fifth_ed.jpg (293KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
Fifth_ed.jpg
293KB, 500x346px
>>54244256
Artists never seemed to be able to nail down the "look" for lizards. Pic related originally got me into the army.
>>
>>54244251

Seraphon are a legacy army and their artwork is rubbish. Their models are old and ugly and should have been discontinued like tomb kings and bretonnians.
>>
>>54244251

Because regardless of what GW says is canon, regardless of what GW publishes, regardless of common sense, you spout your bullshit and pollute this imageboard. Kill yourself you waste of flesh.
>>
>>54244485
>Their models are old and ugly and should have been discontinued like tomb kings and bretonnians.
No, they should replaced by new one to fit their description "lizard-looking angels/daemonf of Order" better.
>>
>>54244534

You're just in denial. Not only is their art atrocious, they're just a legacy army. They already have a battletime and a start collecting box. Thinking you're going to get new models is like wishing for new squat models.
>>
If you remotely like seraphon ur jus a fanasycukkkk. Hurr durr freeguild is legacy
>>
>>54243019
Could you point out one major difference? I don't think I've noticed anything major.
>>
>>54244672
>Thinking you're going to get new models is like wishing for new squat models.
Yes, because GW never updating the whole modelline for existing armies
>>
>>54244276
I prefer the later dino-styled ones. The older lizardmen aren't as cool, and they don't give off the same kinda of good guy vibe the blue dudes have.

Some of their models are a bit hit or miss, though. The metal old blood/scar vet was perfect to me, while the plastic on-foot one is pretty bad. I also like the metal cold one riders better than the chubby dimwits we have in the SC.
>>
>>54244762

The big thing is the battalions differences. You can't use freeguild warscrolls with legacy empire battalions because of keyword differences. Also there's a wider variety of battalions in the newer freeguild + free peoples factions. Instead of just the state troop detachment and brotherhood of knights detachment you now have the freeguild regiment, (which does in fact have somewhat different unit requirements beyond just name changes), the pilgrimage of wrath for devoted of sigmar, the war council for collegiate arcane, and the artillery detachment for ironweld arsenal.
>>
>>54244798

Shame they didn't remake the saurus knights with mounts identical to those of cold one knights. We all know it's the same animal.
>>
>>54244961
>the pilgrimage of wrath for devoted of sigmar, the war council for collegiate arcane, and the artillery detachment for ironweld arsenal.
Technically not freeguild
>>
>>54225329

That goblin is just so fucking perfect in his disgust.
>>
>>54244997

But relevant nonetheless in the discussion about the differences between units that were once included in the empire range. Ironweld and collegiate arcane are also not freeguild, they're 'free peoples'.
>>
>>54244961
Id much rather take the state troop regiment as the requirements arent as pants-on-head retarded
>>
>>54245537
So basically free people armies have less variety than Empire comp.
>>
Why are we still responding to that shitposter?

>>54244762
Mostly people being pedantic. Some of the abilities have different keywords (targetting Freeguild instead of Free Peoples) and those things are always worse, since it limits the pool of stuff you can target.

What I would advise is that you for instance mix Freeguild with Collegiate Arcanum (both were part of the old empire lists) The Celestial Hurricanum is a really nice unit for Freeguild for instance.
>>
File: 1496449004321.png (147KB, 304x301px) Image search: [Google]
1496449004321.png
147KB, 304x301px
For Chaos, I really am not a fan of the Chaos lord in Slaves to Darkness. Does the exalted champ with sword and shield have any viability by comparison or is the chaos lord a no brainer?
>>
>>54245685

Only in the sense that some units are discontinued in both rules and the literal sale of the models.
>>
>>54245690
Yes. Get a large blob of handgunners, a general with banner, a hurricanum and a life wizard for heals and you're set.
>>
>>54245736
do you mean the Chaos Lord or the Lord of Chaos? They are totally different.

If I recall, the exalted heroes don't have command abilities.
>>
File: lizardmen-oldblood-vs-saurus.jpg (42KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
lizardmen-oldblood-vs-saurus.jpg
42KB, 700x466px
>>54244979
Actually in WHFB it was established that they are different breeds. Biggest issue with the Saurus Knights is that the sculpts are just really ugly, those were some of the first CAD sculpted miniatures and you can tell imo.

Would be nice if the Saurus were closer in appearance to the Scar-Veteran on the Carnosaur
>>
>>54245794
The guy without a helmet and has a horn potruding from his head. He has an ability which can cause 2d6 damage or something. The exalted champion is the fully armoured sword and shield guy i think.

Are command abilities that necessary?
>>
>>54245874
unless you are building your list around inspiring presence, you will want for your general to have a command ability.
>>
>>54245900
Fair enough. Do you know if the chaos lord comes with an alternative head?
>>
>>54245746
>Only in the sense that some units are discontinued
But you cannot use units from devoted of sigmar, collegiate arcane and ironweld arsenal, because you must fit the GHB foc and allegeance
>>
>>54245690
Because they are agree with me, fantasyshit mostly shouldn;t have place in setting, outside of legacyshit (worthless npc-armies)
>>
>>54245960
I couldn't find images of the sprues, but it is a plastic kit so as long as you can get another head it shouldn't be too hard. On google images there were several images of headswaps for that model.
>>
>>54245994
So just play grand alliance order? There is literally no reason to use free guild exclusively.
>>
>>54246073
Oh yeah, sorry, I forget that legacyarmies doesn't have such cool allegeance bonuses like Battletome armies
>>
>>54246093

A lot of them are getting faction stuff in the new General's Handbook though. I'm betting Freeguild is on that list being that it's one of the more fleshed out factions.
>>
>>54246065
Oh grand. Will see what I can scrounge together. For some reason i thought the head would be hard molded to the torso. Thanks.
>>
Duncan's round shield liberators are making me want to covert some myself, but that would be an expensive road to go down

>>54246148
even if it is, it is a plastic model and you can just trim it away
>>
>>54228834
>black orcs intensify
>>
>>54246171
Get prosecutor shields? Shouldn't be too difficult right?
>>
>>54246217
Starting a second army would be a bigger concern.

I wonder how dark angel hooded heads would look on SCE?
>>
>>54246128
>A lot of them are getting faction stuff in the new General's Handbook though.
For now they've announced only 3.
>I'm betting Freeguild is on that list being that it's one of the more fleshed out factions.
Then why they will have much less variety then SCE
>>
>>54221747
Damn its been days, bumping my question
>>
>>54246277
>Then they will have much less variety then SCE
>>
>>54246279
Maybe give some more details? Original questions was super vague and doesn't really give us much to 'advice' you on beyond, I dunno pick what you like.
>>54246287
Just responding to him
>>
>>54246073
the compendium empire are a way better army though, it's not a tournament winner but it's easy to play and you'll assblast 90% of shitters you encounter in pick up games
>>
>>54246297
Well, I've got most of a BFSP dwarves half that I could go ahead and paint and expand on, not really sure what I'd add to them, or I could ally in some wizards to my seraphon army since I really wanna paint a celestial hurricanum.
>>
would an SCE force built around Castellants, Gryph Hounds, and Liberators with shields work?
>>
>>54246093
May be we should call them BattleTomlets
>>
File: greatsword.jpg (109KB, 934x1280px) Image search: [Google]
greatsword.jpg
109KB, 934x1280px
>>54237035
The problem with the Freeguild is that they really don't have a purpose. The Imperial Guard have a purpose because Space Marines don't have the numbers to field a full army. The Imperial Guard act as the core force while Space Marines act as a tactical strike force. Stormcast on the hand are able to field full legions, so the Freeguild are reduced to background elements. In sort, the Stormcast have replaced the Freeguild/Empire as the protagonists.

Also the Freeguild will never be as impressive as the Stormcast. They never shoot a giant laser beam at a Chaos God or be chosen by the star drakes or be the one destined to fight Abandon. They have elite units, but they'll never be as good as the Stormcast.

They've like the Militarum Tempestus Scions, no one cares about them. They don't even have a big stupid truck to talk about.
>>
>>54246385
here is what I am thinking

>2 lord castellants
>2 units of 10 liberators with swords and shields
>2 units of 5 dogs each

exactly 1000 points
>>
>>54246547
but they dont look like big bald golden homos
>>
>>54237536
It is a little weird that they made the factions so small. But you can still make an elf order army by combining a couple of the small factions
>>
>>54246338
Add some Ironweld Arsenal to the Dwarf Armor? Kharadron Overlords could also work, but there's no real aditional synergy and with Ironweld you could also run it as an compendium army.

Why ally wizards in Seraphon? They have plenty of Wizard in the faction itself.
>>54246299
Yeah sure, but Freeguild and Collegiate do quite well together since the Wizards shore up some of the weaknesses of the Freeguild. Devoted of Sigmar were more affected by the shift to the minifactions.
>>54246547
>opinion stated as fact
>>
>>54246625
>>opinion stated as fact
But he is right, even Freeguild fluff says they don't fight, just guarding (and as we knew from the city of secreft, they cannot do even this).
None wants to play city-guard or Planet Defense Forces
>>
>>54246547
>Space Marines don't have the numbers to field a full army.
>what Badab war is.
>>
>>54246625
Ironweld would be fun, I'm gonna paint these dwarves up to be Kraka Drak so either of those plans for them works pretty well. And I already have seraphon, but really like the hurricanum model and wanna run an army around it, but don't really feel like doing empire.
>>
>>54246647
What fluff? We hardly have anything to go on. City of Secrets was the first time them being back in spotlight again. In which I think they gave a pretty good showing. Yes, 2 regiments were corrupted and yes they needed to the Stormcasts to save them out at the last minute but those things were done to A: Demonstrate how insidious Tzeentch is and B: Last minute rescues is a standard fiction trope. please remember that it was overwhelming force against the one uncorrupted regiment. Of course faction fags are only happy when their faction is being wanked into oblivion and always think that any defeat or setback is equel to said faction being shit.

Freeguild are in my opinion the cool regular joes with balls of steel who always defiantly fight against overwhelming odds. Overwhelming odds are only overwhelming when the actual spectre of defeat is on the table. I also think that the only way to make Stormcast work in fiction is if they can be juxtapositioned against Freeguild/regular soldiers. Being a big golden homo doesn't mean much when everyone is a flavor of Homo in its own right.
>>54246669
Build a Stegadon Engine of the Gods? Sort of close to the general theme of the Hurricanum without breaking your factions I guess.
>>
>>54246683
>What fluff?
>>54237035
>, they serve as city guards and enforcers of all local laws.
>Vast armies muster before the gates of Azyrheim and march out into the lands retaken by the Stormcast Eternals
>>
>>54246683
You're missing my point, I want to run an army around a hurricanum since it is a cool model and I want to build and paint it. I don't want to do basic empire since they are boring. What subfaction would be fun to throw a few mages into?
>>
>>54246695
Oh and by the way.
>In which I think they gave a pretty good showing.
>failed police job
>2/3 switched to Chaos
>were literally useless untill SCE returns

>who always defiantly fight against overwhelming odds.
Again they didn;t fighting, they comming only when Stormcasts doing all the job
>>
>>54246711
what if people want to play human faction that isn't just big bald gold fatties?
>>
>>54246700
hurricanum is included in the empire compendiem isnt it?
>>
>>54246779
>what if people want to play human faction that isn't just big bald gold fatties?
They should enjoy being loosers
>>
>>54246818

Go gobble on stormdick you fat thunderslut.
>>
>>54246647

You're a moron. That's like saying renegade guard exist in 40k, therefore the imperial guard as a whole is useless. KYS thunderslut.
>>
>>54246700
Do you like SCE? Stormcast eternal Vanguard wing with a Hurricanum could be pretty lulzy.Or any shooting based list for that matter.
>>54246834
>>54246824
>>54246779
It's that shitposter again who cannot understand why people would like something else than Big Golden Turbohomos who can do nothing wrong. I like SCE don't get me wrong
>>
>>54246818
idk stormcast players are pretty bad at the game, they take very few really expensive troops and then wonder why they lose after making one mistake
>>
>>54246785
Yea, if I actually played with it though I'd wanna stick it and some mages in a non-human army somewhere, cause playing humans is p boring.

>>54246844
Not really, desu I like empire better than SCE
>>
>>54246844
>Big Golden Turbohomos
So this is the name of the new Stormcast Chamber?
>>
>>54246853
You could always make a small fun-times force that you could ally with your Lizardmen. Some ranged guys, a unit of swordsmen + general.
>>
>>54246824
>thunderslut
>>54246834
>thunderslut
U mad fantasycrybabies?
>That's like saying renegade guard exist in 40k, therefore the imperial guard as a whole is useless
Incorrect analogy, because Guard at least fighting in wars.
And by the way, it's sort of truth, because, well, Cadia showed what happens when Guard in charge, not space marines
>>
>>54246871
I like where this is going.
>>
>>54246873
This cuck doesn't know about Steel Legion balls of steel and Catachans muscles of Rape.

how's that golden chastity cage working out for oyu
>>
>>54246906
>about Steel Legion balls
Literally were saved by Space Marines 3 times
>Catachans
Omnomnomed by giant space whale
>>
>>54246873
>Guard at least fighting in wars

See, you brought up city of secrets when you argued before, but reading this I don't think you actually did read it. Oh wait, of course you didn't, you barely understand english as is.
>>
>>54246921
>See
See >>54237035
>>
>>54246933

Relevance? Even that post mentions their roles in armies as opposed to fantasy pdf. City of secrets names several regiments that are auxiliaries to the knights excelsior, i.e. actually out fighting. If you'd actually read the book, you'd know that, it's not even far in that it's mentioned, it's in act I.
>>
>>54243184
>Nope they are larger
Are you sure mate? Do you have both to take a photo of them?
>>
>>54246863
it makes me sad because the celestant prime could have been a cool model but instead we got a floating ogre dipped in gold bodypaint
>>
>>54246976
wait do you mean ardboys or greenskinz boyz?

because the greenskinz ones are just the old orcs reboxed
>>
>>54246979

Yeah and what are those stupid dangly things hanging off his cloak? Is he a christmas tree covered in ornaments? Maybe that explains the ridiculous star on his head.
>>
>>54246964
>Relevance?
>main freeguid fluff
>not relevant
kek, fantasycuck in denial
>i.e. actually out fighting.
not necessary.
>>
>>54246912
>impying guardsman marbo couldn't kill that by himself
>>
>>54247091

You know what's cheaper than a stormcast start collecting! box? A noose.

Hang yourself faggot.
>>
>>54247091
>not necessary

You're not necessary.

End yourself.
>>
>>54247126
>being butthurt so much
>>54247141
auxiliaries literally means support troops, i.e. guys who helping to fight,
>>
File: electric-chair.jpg (336KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
electric-chair.jpg
336KB, 1200x1200px
>>54247172

Since you love lightning so much.
>>
File: lol_u_are_a_pleb.jpg (105KB, 697x850px) Image search: [Google]
lol_u_are_a_pleb.jpg
105KB, 697x850px
>>54247172
yes, auxiliaries are always useless like the Numidian horsemen at Zama
>>
>>54247172
>auxiliaries literally means support troops

No you fucking tool, auxiliary means a unit that isn't directly incorporated into an army. Or did the Romans recruit large numbers of non-Roman missile troops, light infantry, and cavalry just to have them sitting around preparing rations and digging ditches?
>>
>>54247172

Wowee I found a new word! Look at me go mummy!

No, auxiliary has a broad definition. Maybe you'd know that if your understanding of english wasn't confined to google translate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auxiliaries
>>
>>54247172
Auxiliaries is what you are to that Golden Turbobull that's railing your girlfriend. You thank your bull for allowing you to jack off in your concrete chastity dungeon.

>T-thanks Vardus, your gold semen is delicious and electric
>>
Who's disposessed dick do I have to suck to find clan color schemes for dwarves?
>>
File: nutbutton.png (189KB, 540x392px) Image search: [Google]
nutbutton.png
189KB, 540x392px
>>54247230

>You peak your head through the bars of your wank-closet-dungeon and see your GF's puckered butthole overflowing with golden celestial cum.
>>
File: 79efd400107ae0ca5a53099832c0db92.jpg (205KB, 662x1080px) Image search: [Google]
79efd400107ae0ca5a53099832c0db92.jpg
205KB, 662x1080px
>>54247276

If you want traditional azyrheim colours, look at the shadows over hammerhal materials. It has painting guides for the heroes, which includes the duardin cogsmith. There's also piece of art with tzeentch arcanites fighting stormcast + dispossessed, so we know the scheme in that pic is canon.
>>
>>54247209
Could they hold the line, like roman citiziens under Allesia?
>>54247215
>Or did the Romans recruit large numbers of non-Roman missile troops, light infantry, and cavalry just to have them sitting around preparing rations and digging ditches?
Nope they hired them to guard the flanks while legionaries did all the job
>>54247230
>>T-thanks Vardus, your gold semen is delicious and electric
>projecting so hard
Yet it's funny how fantasycucks arguing with official FG fluff
>>
>>54247331
>dat hill of manlets dead bodies
>>
>>54247356

If they're on the battlefield, they're fighting. End of fucking story. Also for the 40,000th time, learn english you disgusting foreigner.
>>
>>54247370
That wonderful crunch of sigmarite under the hoof of a thaumaturge. Now that's something I can masturbate to.
>>
>>54247401
>>54247370
Looks like that golden boy got BLUED by and Actual Bull.
>>54247356
>Yet it's funny how fantasycucks arguing with official FG fluff
Like you are arguing with your GF?
>C-can I get a turn after Vandus? P-please? Okay I'll get back in cuck-closet-dungeon
>>
>>54247382
>they're fighting.
Fluff says they didn't.
>you disgusting foreigner.
But i am from London
>>54247401
>no u!
Not an argument.
Besides, why do you guys hate SCE so much? Your beta armies had a chance in End Times and Age of Chaos, now it's time for Chads to fix.
by the way you sounds like a manlet marines players
>>
>>54247452
>>C-can I get a turn after Vandus? P-please? Okay I'll get back in cuck-closet-dungeon
>projecting intensifies
>>
>>54247478

We don't hate them, we hate your obsession with them to the exclusion of most anything pre-AoS.
>>
>>54247490
But all pre-AoS was shit, it's official GW-AoS position,
>>
>>54247488
>>projecting

Is that your safe word?
>>
>>54247478
>Beta
>Chads
>manlet
I-i don't watch cuck porno! It's t-true for sure
>>54247509
it's sigmar
>>
>>54247503

Official GW AoS position is it? They seem perfectly happy to have fulll-blown free peoples armies on their livestreams. Take a look at Chris Peach's freeguild army. Are you trying to tell me he doesn't work at GW?
>>
>>54247515
>I-i don't watch cuck porno! It's t-true for sure
Well, yeah, i've watched, unlike freeguild guys, who is really looks possessed by cuck fantasies about Vandus, because no matter how their shitposts they cannot deny superiority of new armies in AoS
>>
>>54247522
>hey seem perfectly happy to have fulll-blown free peoples armies on their livestreams.
Of course, they need to clear the stocks from shitton of WHFB boxes.
>>
>>54247529
>Don't deny the superiority of the golden bulls, take it from a Stormcuck
>>54247536
Just like your golden Vandus bull cleans out your rotbringer sperm with his sigmarite-cleansing roderius.
>>
>>54247545
>no! u are fuck! u are cuck! not me!
>>
>>54247536

That's your excuse for everything. Where they trying to clear the stocks of lizardmen when they sat down and wrote the seraphon battletome?
>>
>>54247529
>>54247529

'who is really looks'

'no matter how their shitposts they'

> From London

My god the UK has fallen far from grace. That, or you're a disgusting foreigner.
>>
>>54247560
>being in denial this hard
>>
>>54247568
Mate, if he's from London there's a damn near 60% chance he's a disgusting foreigner. British people don't live there any more.
>>
>>54247596

Hence 'fallen far from grace'. I suppose its both though.
>>
>>54247572
>no u!
>>
>>54247650
>>54247572

Let's not judge. We all start as bad painters and some of us need big open models that we can paint in one colour, like stormcasts, to feel good about our hobby skills.
>>
>>54247734
>hating SCE
> in AoS general
>>
>>54247755

>Hating any faction that isn't SCE
> in AoS general
>>
>>54247792
>>Hating any faction that isn't SCE
lolwut?
>>
>>54247828

Hurr durr evryfing iz legasy!
>>
>>54247842
>Hurr durr evryfing iz legasy!
Where I've said anything like this?
>>
>>54247853

'Where I've said' - Learn english dipshit. Also see a doctor, you have short term memory loss.
>>
>>54247853
>WeR i Ve SaT AnNiEtiNg LiEk TiS?
>>
>>54247877
>Also see a doctor, you have short term memory loss.
No seriously, show me the post with >>54247853
>evryfing iz legasy!
>>
File: spongebobicon.jpg (87KB, 678x678px) Image search: [Google]
spongebobicon.jpg
87KB, 678x678px
>>54247912
>SpOenFeEt mAi OwN CuK ShItPoStinG

We're not gonna feed you the golden Vandus-jizz Stormcuck, you'll have to ask your Bull for that.
>>
>>54247912
No. Then you'd pull some jewy bullshit like "i didn't say exact like what that you post said" in your typical broken english.
>>
>>54247945
>projecting your own cuckfantasies so much
>>54247958
No really, no, I never said anything like this
>>
>>54247356
no the Numidians won the battle for the Romans. The Roman infantry would eventually have lost to Hannibal's veterans
>>
>>54247356
>light infantry, missile troops
>holding flanks
are you completely retarded?

also the only good roman cavalry was literally germanics rofl
>>
>>54248073
>using pre-Marius legions as example
>>
>>54248143
>literally the most period of roman military

yeah post marian roman army where every fucking legionary was the same is so great dood. I especially like their lorica segmentata and red tunics amirite?

post marian cavalry was all auxiliary, at least the republicans had equites
>>
File: cataphract.jpg (431KB, 619x826px) Image search: [Google]
cataphract.jpg
431KB, 619x826px
>>54248128
>are you completely retarded?
Nope, because unlike I read about roman tactics, light infantry retreating to the flanks after begginning, but I still don;t understand how it's relevant to Free Guilds
>also the only good roman cavalry was literally germanics rofl
Pleb, please
>>
>>54248179
>Klibanophoros

why are you posting Greeks lmao
>>
>>54248168
>>literally the most period of roman military
Empire was builded after Marian reforms.
>post marian cavalry was all auxiliary,
Yeah and their job was protecting the flanks, not attacking (unlike Alexander cavalry) because of roman post-Cannes PTSD.
>>54248200
It's Roman Empire.
>>
>>54248218
>greeks larping as romans
>Roman Empire

no
>>
I swear you idiots get off on being triggered by this troll
>>
>>54248225
>Constantine
>greek
pick one
>>
>>54248218
The post Marian legions were so much less interesting. Literally every soldier was the same.

>Yeah and their job was protecting the flanks, not attacking (unlike Alexander cavalry) because of roman post-Cannes PTSD.

Wrong, also Cannae != Cannes
>>
>>54248242
Constantine was born in Macedonia
>>
>>54248257
>Literally every soldier was the same.
And it was awesome.
>Wrong
>scouting and pursuit
DUde, you really going to deny that infantry was the main force?
And again AoS isn't Roman republic/empire
Today auxilia means support troops and Free Guild compendium clearly saying that they aren't fighting.
>>
>>54248287
>Freeguild compendium

no such thing
>>
>>54248262
A lot of romans lived in Greece and Macedonia.
Or you will start "not my Emperor"/
>>
>>54248297
Whatever. >>54237035
>"War calls to the Free Peoples and they answer its summons in their countless thousands. Vast armies muster before the gates of Azyrheim and march out into the lands retaken by the Stormcast Eternals."
>>
>>54248287
>pursuit
>not attacking

I know your english is bad, but this is getting ridiculous
>>
>>54247209
The problem with that analogy is that the Numidians were better horsemen than the Romans, which is why the Romans wanted them as auxiliaries.

There's nothing the Freeguard does better than the Stormcast, so they just fade into the background.
>>
> nothing the Freeguard does better than the Stormcast

Well they're a horde-style army, so they don't crumble at the sight of mortal wounds . . .
>>
>>54248379
>Well they're a horde-style army,
We talking about the fluff
>>
>>54246984
Greenskinz boyz. They are called as orruk boyz now mate. I just want to know if greenskinz boyz arms will fit the ork boyz models
>>
>>54248320
quantity has a quality all its own. And the compendium empire army is still pretty good imo, can easily win games with it
>>
>>54248412
as in 40k orks? dunno about that, but the orruk boys are the old Orcs n Goblins Orc boys.
>>
>>54248413
>quantity has a quality all its own.
Not when you have legions of giant supersoldiers
>>
>>54248413
>can easily win games with it
Not against battletomes
>>
>>54248475
definitely win vs Ironjawz and Bloodbound, they're pretty bad. Others depend on quality of player obviously, bad SCE players are hilarious. I think Empire beats lizardmen too but I've only played single digit games vs them
>>
File: 0e5.jpg (14KB, 232x138px) Image search: [Google]
0e5.jpg
14KB, 232x138px
>>54248462
>nOt WhEn YoU hAvE lEgIoNs oF gIaNt SuPeRsOlDiErS
>nOt AgAiNsT bAtTlEtOmEs
>>
>>54248544
>Others depend on quality of player obviously,
Okay, good luck with your precious npc race against Kurnouth Hunters, Skyfire, Aetherstirke etc, fantasycuck
>>
>>54248588

>fantasycuck

This is why we can't have nice discussions.
>>
>>54248575
>fantasycuck still butthurt
>>
>>54248588
I mean I won the local tournament 2 months ago with a simple gunline list. Easy to play & forgiving when you make mistakes >>>>> special snowflake abilities
>>
>>54248608
>>54248588
>oKaY, gOoD lUcK wItH yOuR pReCiOuS nPc RaCe AgAiNsT kUrNoUtH hUnTeRs, SkYfIrE, aEtHeRsTiRkE eTc, FaNtAsYcUcK
>FaNtAsYcUcK sTiLl bUtThUrT
>>
>>54248608
Don't get me wrong stormcast are neat, but sometimes you want to play as a faction with balls instead of golden armour.
>>
>>54248779
>Free Guild
>balls
>>
>>54248803
>defending your people with nothing but determination and cold steel
>not baller af

you sound like someone who needs the BFG 9000 and power armour to get rid of a spider
>>
>>54248803

What's more manly? The celestant prime facing off against a bloodthirster or a lowly footsoldier doing so? It's so quintessential, it's like david and goliath. There's nothing manly about goliath v goliath.
>>
File: Warhammer Ogre Kingdoms.jpg (10KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer Ogre Kingdoms.jpg
10KB, 500x200px
Any good ways of starting ogres?
I'd prefer a majority foot slogger army but I wouldnt mind getting a stonehorn or a mornfang pack either
>>
>>54248858
Don't be silly, his Stormcast Eternal Bull handles everything for him.
>>
>>54248858
>>failing to defend your people and waiting untill Stormcasts saves your ass, before you turn into Chaos servant
fair fix
>>54248869
>What's more manly? The celestant prime facing off against a bloodthirster or a lowly footsoldier doing so?
Smething which exist in fluff.
>>54248876
BeastClaws
>>
File: 89ggqgU.jpg (178KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
89ggqgU.jpg
178KB, 1200x675px
>>
File: DBF2X0B.jpg (147KB, 1200x875px) Image search: [Google]
DBF2X0B.jpg
147KB, 1200x875px
>>54248998
>>
>>54248979

Ignoring the question because you don't like the only correct answer . . .
>>
File: freeguild_vs_everchosen.jpg (47KB, 330x218px) Image search: [Google]
freeguild_vs_everchosen.jpg
47KB, 330x218px
>>54248979
It doesn't matter if you don't succeed, it's still ballsy. Pic related
>>
>>54248998
>>54249013

Hmm, it sure sounds like the freeguild are actually doing a fair bit of fighting.
>>
>>54248998
Okay let's see
>cement the Stormcasts ' hold in the war-raveged realms
>These legions serve to supplement the Stormcasts Eternals
>Ranks of soldiers and noble sons of Azyrheim have sworn their allegiance to the lords of the Stormhosts
Again fantasycuck, who is leading the war, who is doing the job, who is example of Sigmar's champions?
Also
>stout Dispossesed duardin form shield walls next to sigmarite clad Liberators
Wow, so brave mortals, standing behind Stormcasts.
>>54249013
>Vast armies muster before the gates of Azyrheim and march out into the lands retaken by the Stormcasts Eternals
>into the lands retaken by the Stormcasts Eternals
See
>Outriders and Pistoliers -- these skilled horsemen patrol the outer districts of their cities
So, police forces
>>54249025
>it's still ballsy.
Failure have no balls so as treason
>>
>>54249145
>those cowardly no balls Spartans at Thermopylae
you right now
>>
>>54249183
false analogy
also. they didn't defend anyone
>>
>>54249145
>>54249145
>regiments that have faced the tribes of chaos and emerged victorious
>>
>>54249199
the Spartans failed at Thermopylae no? Doesn't that make them "no balls"?
>>
>>54249199
>literally fought to the death performing a rearguard action so 3,000 other Greek soldiers could retreat from a doomed battle
>didn't defend anyone

Dude, just stop.
>>
>>54249203
Well yeah, with SCE help, they could kick few marauders.
>>54249219
>Doesn't that make them "no balls"?
Yep. But hey, spartans were vanguard of greeks forces, so they aren't FreeGuild who prefer turning to Chaos instead of doing their police job
>>
>>54249145
>man who faced down a column of tanks
>no balls

whatever, nerd
>>
File: sacred_band_of_thebes.jpg (85KB, 413x523px) Image search: [Google]
sacred_band_of_thebes.jpg
85KB, 413x523px
>>54249248
spartans are similar to freeguild though, they also weren't as good as a bunch of homos in fancy armour
>>
>>54249256
He was a traitor
Thread posts: 444
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.