[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you guys like Icewind Dale II?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 409996-icewinddale2_thumb.jpg (126KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
409996-icewinddale2_thumb.jpg
126KB, 800x600px
Did you guys like Icewind Dale II?
>>
>>54218337
It's the only Infinity Engine game that is not in fact a good game at all.
>>
>>54218383
I liked it. It wasn't the best rpg by any means but it was good for a hack and slash good time.
>>
As an rpg? No.

As one long dungeon, hack'n'slash, I love it.
>>
>>54218337
I didn't even like the first one, I felt so dethatched. Controlling the whole party isn't the same as one guy.
>>
I liked it, but that might be because it was my initial exposure to the Infinity Engine games, as well as a big bonding game with my brother.
>>
>>54218337
Yes, back in the day.
>>
>>54218337
No. I consistently get tired of shitty 3E mechanics and padded enemy HP less than halfway through it.
>>
>>54218337
>>54218383
i like it
>>
>>54218482
>As an rpg? No.
>As one long dungeon, hack'n'slash, I love it.
>>
>>54218337
More than the other infinity engine games.

Couldn't stand BG1's bullshit, BG2's NPCs for most of them, IWD1's utterly boring plot and tedious combats. IWD2 though for me nailed enough that I replayed it a couple of times over the years because it manages to be the best of what it could be given the limitations of being a D&D game.

The plot is more than babby GM's first plot arc of the first IWD, it presents a nice wide variety of encounters and some great locations like the horrific and disgusting drider spawning pods or the backwards time volcanic monster town bit. There's a surprising subtle amount of depth to the dialogue system with responses varying depending on a lot of specific things about whoever is doing the talking and places for character skill use. Or just items like if you carry a dead cat around with you or pretending to be part of the yaun-ti cult in the jungle to infiltrate before you start murderizing everything.
And for me it gains huge bonus points for not having to deal with a ton of OH WOE IS ME NPC party members or main character.

Sure it has down points, treant forest maze of use tracking skill or you're fucked being the primary one. But not enough to actively make me bored or really annoyed because it's then on to the next area and new things to fight.
Would always play with a few mods though to fix/tweak things. Just minor niggles though, nothing balance-fucking.

it's what I'd say is a 7.5/10 kind of game. Good, if you're into what it's doing it'll be a lot more enjoyable, but it's not really going to win over anyone who went in expecting something narrative heavy, character-driven affair possibly with waifus. Or anyone who didn't want a D&D dungeon crawl. But what it does, it does about as well as it could, putting in way more than the minimum required effort. Certainly with a fuckton more polish than IWD1 and BG1 combined.
>>
>>54218337
Yes, I love it. Plenty about it that I don't like, but it's still one of my top 25 games.
>>
>>54218337
>tfw never be forced into the breeding pits to make a mongrel army for your mixed race masters
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.