[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weeb fight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: vj5aWL7.png (2MB, 1153x829px) Image search: [Google]
vj5aWL7.png
2MB, 1153x829px
/tg/, fluff me out a compelling narrative reason for a war between Eldar and Tau.

Not just a small skirmish either.
>>
>>54217496
Commander Farsight decides to go raid a craftworld for phat loot because the local eldars have been poking into his sector of space a bit too much for his liking.

The eldars and completely at fault and they in turn only wanted to get more territory
>>
File: Taudar.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Taudar.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
1: Tau try to bring an Exodite world into the greater good. A Craftworld/Kabal/Harlequin Troupe decide they aren't gonna stand for that patronizing shit and go to fuck them up. Perhaps after the Tau's attempts lead to conflict, or after an Eldar psyker predicts dire consequences.

2: An Eldar Craftworld follows an aeons old flightpath into an area of space which is now under Tau control. Tau freak out at the near-unstoppable ship, Eldar freak out at the incredible array of weapons pointed at them wher there should have been empty space, shit kicks off.

3: Dark Eldar have been raiding Tau settlements and taking slaves. Tau, correctly or incorrectly, have come to the conclusion that [insert your Eldar here] are colluding with the Deldar and declare war.

4: A critical sector is both a defensive/logistic cornerstone for the Tau and a vital repository of Spirit Stones for the Eldar. Negotiations break down as it becomes clear that neither faction can afford to compromise over access.

Any one of this things could spiral into a full fledged military campaign/s. It's pretty easy to come up with reasons if you just treat the Tau and the Eldar as the fallible and ultimately selfish factions they should be.
>>
>>54217496
Tau expansion sphere expands to maiden world, starts doing their thing, making dome huts and robots. Exodites fight robots with dinoknights, exodite faction defects to greater good because of some prophecy of doooooom that could be averted, traditional exoidtes start loosing and collect call craftworld X, insane clown posse shows up, dark elder and corsairs show up to be assholes and get booty, fighting attracts/unleashes some annnncient evil, the prophesied doom was the exodite defection because elder suck at prophecy and shoot themselves in the dick, entire planet dies in the war, many losses, tau still confused about warp travel puberty.
>>
>>54217496
Honestly they work much better as allies. You could use that line about how the eldars are ready to sacrifice others to save their skin, and have the tau consider it acceptable as long as the net result is positive.
> Eldar, probably Iyanden: "We're going to use that young race as a living shield!"
> Tau: "Fine by us."
>>
>>54217985
The Eldar would redirect a Hive Fleet into the heart of the Tau Empire for the sake of saving a few Eldar lives. The Eldar are race-supremacist and isolationist, the Tau are egalitarian and expansionist. Totally incompatible. They have way more reasons to fight than to not fight.

Also, factions being best buddies in 40k is lame. If SoB, SM and IG are always purging each other, the Tau and the Eldar should DEFINITELY always be purging each other.
>>
>>54217985
>>54218091
The Tau are focused on the greater good as a philosophy, but part of that philosophy is steeped in distrust that others feel the same- that's why they push other races to join the empire, so they know everyone's on the same page (because if you're REALLY for the greater good, then you shouldn't care about what empire you're in, really). The Eldar, meanwhile, are actually quite selfish as a race- they prioritize the survival of their own over literally anything else. They don't view other races as equals, and so they find the philosophy of the greater good incompatible.

As such, a true alliance between the Eldar and Tau is unsustainable; however, the Eldar do tend to be quite forward-thinking and at least understand that in many situations cooperation with others will lead to fewer Eldar deaths, so while they'll never permanently team up, you'd find them occasionally working together in situations that benefit both- but at the same time you can find Eldar manipulating the Tau into fights, and some Tau commanders being overzealous (or just being sick of Eldar fuckery) and going after them as enemies of the Tau empire.
>>
>>54217496
I'm curious what it would look like tactically, too.

Neither race believes in holding ground when they don't absolutely have to.

Both rely on feints, ambushes and indirect strategies. Both factions have a thing with out-thinking and out-skilling the opponent.

I kind of imagine the Shas'O and Elder Farseer viewing each other as opponents across a giant 4d chessboard where everything is a misdirection or a ruse and nothing is as it seems.
>>
>>54218280
If it's territory control, Farsight gains more. He's the tau blitzer
>>
>>54217496
>Tau be like "notice me, Senpai!"
>eldar be like "n n n n No! Get away from me! I have a war to go to!"
>Then tau be like "b b b baka! It's not as if I liked you anyway!"
>>
File: Seer council.jpg (197KB, 846x945px) Image search: [Google]
Seer council.jpg
197KB, 846x945px
>>54218280
Only difference is the Eldar can see many outcomes of what will happen and try to bring the best future into effect where the Tau can only assume what will happen if they do X.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.