[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anon's Self-Insert Solo Adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: MondaysAmirite.jpg (92KB, 630x624px) Image search: [Google]
MondaysAmirite.jpg
92KB, 630x624px
Hey /tg/, I figured I'd give the few of you that seemed interested an update.

I'm still running a solo campaign for myself using the Mythic Game Mastery Emulator in combination with some tables I made to streamline the process and various generator tools I found online.

So far, this has been a blast, and I really appreciate the help that I received from the Anons that inspired me a couple weeks ago. I have had more fun than I ever expected running solo campaigns, and it's thanks to the advice I received here.

I was wondering if I should start a sort of weekly general where people could start their own "Shameless self-insert quests" and share their stories of adventures and ask people on decisions for what they should do in their games? I would love to hear about other people's experiences and what sort of adventures they could come up with when thrown in a similar situation. It also makes it feel like more of a collaberative experience to occasionally get feedback on your solo stuff.

Last time:
>My self-insert character woke up on a river bank
>Found a tiny village where he became a farmhand
>Spent a couple of months working and learning the local language/lore
>Eventually, a quest was thrown my way. An injured merchant stumbled into town
>It turns out a sort of snake sorceress was enslaving some thralls and having them attack trade caravans on the road to the north
>With the help of a freed slave, we subdued her and caged her back in town
>We were waiting on the city to the north to send priests or scholars that could free the other thralls from her mind control.
>>
>>54216789
During this week's sessions:
>I finally managed to buy proper gear and get a decent weapon
>I'm waiting on the next caravan that's headed north, and I'll travel with them
>Until then, I'm scoping out the area that surrounds this village.
>To the north are the fallen ruins that the sorceress made into a base
>To the east are forests on the slopes of mountains
>To the southeast is an old abandoned monastery. I asked about this, and the locals all seemed to be superstitious about it.
>Upon investigation, I actually find that the monastery didn't receive enough funding and they eventually shut down.
>Though there was a locked door in the basement that gave me "Spooky vibes" so I just left that shit alone for now. I might investigate later, I might not.
> To the south are more mountains and a couple lairs of a small monster called "Glumatuts" by the locals
>Glumatuts are these small, goblin/kobold like creatures with gray skin and red eyes. They aren't particularly intelligent, but aren't hostile either.
>They always run from humans and live simple lives, hunting small game in the southern woods with clubs and spears. (They're basically really chill, ugly goblins.)
>To the west is the forest where I woke on the riverbank. It's apparently really dangerous here. There are bears and a species of creatures called a "Maarn"
>Maarns are sort've like big rodent sasquatches that are very hostile and are malicious. They apparently torture humans that they capture.
>>
>>54216797

>I spend the week hunting "Fethends" which are these rat-coyote like creatures that are a general nuisance.
>Trading their skins make me a little cash and give me practice on hitting a target with a spear
>My character also loses a bit of weight since starting out on this journey, and has learned how to reliably start a fire with flint and steel. (Which is something I have trouble with IRL.)
>Eventually, the priests from the north arrive. They set out on cleansing the minds of the people that were imprisoned by the sorceress
>I find them and talk about the monastery to the southeast.
>They are going to go with me to cleanse the place and investigate the locked door in the basement.

I'm excited to see what kind of crazy shit is gonna be down there. I have specifically not looked, in hopes that I don't spoil anything, but I'm pretty sure we're gonna get completely wrecked.
>>
This is a strange thread.
>>
>>54216944
Yeah, my bad. I forgot to mention that this is a contuation of a thread that I've made for the past two weekends, with generally positive response.

A couple weeks ago, there was a thread about solo play, and the Mythic GM Emulator, and people gave one another advice on how to run solo games effectively.

Then, last week I shared my experiences in my solot campaign, and at the end of it I asked what people thought my character should do next.

I also encouraged people to start their own solo play campaigns and share what their experiences were like. It's a really good way to experience a tabletop game if you don't have a group, and actually I've had more fun with this than I had in my previous groups in a long time.
>>
You should post resource links to all of the stuff you're using to do this. I'm kind of curious to check this out.
>>
>>54218706
Likewise.

I've been thinking of getting into GURPS but there's no one around to play it with, much less anyone that'd be interested in the kind of a game I'd like to do on it.

This sort of a single-player thing seems capable of just the kind of weird stuff.
>>
>>54217026
Why do you prefer it to having a group?
>>
>>54216789
You ever try Dave Arneson's Trapman?
>>
>>54218706
>>54218764
What I do to run my game:
>Printed out the tables from the Mythic GM Emulator
>Use two websites, one called Shiny Chaotic, the other donjon generators. There is also one that I primarily use for God's and calenders on the Donjon page.
>I also made a sort've table that governs when random events, encounters, or adventure modules occur. Each day, the chance of something occurring increases by 1, on a scale of 1 to 50.
>A lot of the tables and tools I have from years of being forever GM are really useful here, too. Like if you have a system for populating a hex map or building semi-randomized encounters.
>Next, you need some published adventures that you haven't read yet. I found a shit-ton of adventures that sort've meld together nicely, along with this book that's just a compilation of random adventures. I never know what is going to happen or where things are going to go next. Last thread, someone recommended I start a map of these locations, too.
>Lastly, you're gonna need the right kind of autism. At first, it seems sad and boring, but it actually becomes really interesting as you're analyzing your rolls and figuring out what they mean using logic and common sense. Sometimes the rolls can only lead you to one conclusion, other times you'll sit and ponder on them before figuring out how to interpret them.
>>
>>54219008
Well, I'd preface this explanation with the fact that I've pretty much been forever GM for a decade. I don't really enjoy playing anymore because I find myself analyzing my GM, and being a dick. I am no longer fit to play with most people. I also like a very specific type of game that nobody I seem to play with enjoys. I like sword and Sorcery campaigns with low tech and little use of magic, and that's the opposite of what my players desire.

Also, for years I've catered to the desires of gaming groups, and now it feels like I'm finally giving that same treatment to myself. I'm an excellent GM, and through this, I can actually experience it for myself. Imagine if you could play a one on one adventure with a GM that specifically knows what you want out of a campaign. If you're impartial and you can let events unfold without intervening, you can have that sort of campaign.
>>
>>54219008
> Why do you prefer it to having a group?
Well another thing is you get to play whenever you fucking like. There's only your own timetable to adapt to.
>>
>>54224533
Oh! Yeah, this is a really good point. You can play whenever you want, however long you want, and you can take a break whenever you want.

I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT ON MIKE TO GET BACK FROM HIS SMOKE BREAK

Also, you know what it feels most similar to? You know when you're playing a Role playing video game, and you're sort of building the story in your head and making sense of events that unfold in relation to your character? It's that, but instead of what's happening on a screen, you're doing it with randomly generated numbers and results, and it's 100% in your imagination.

I'm about to start up the next session and see what happens. Got me some snacks, and I'm interested to see what happens down beneath this monastery.
>>
I'd like to try this sort of a thing myself.

But whenever I use Mythic I end up getting annoyed that it's not like a real proper book with a good plot. Then I start to write one of those instead. Then I abandon that as well.
>>
>>54225070
>then I abandon that as well
iktf
>>
Have you tried Fighting Fantasy books?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.