[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you like about RPGs, fa/tg/uy? Why do you play them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: TV-Interviewer-672x372.jpg (39KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
TV-Interviewer-672x372.jpg
39KB, 672x372px
What do you like about RPGs, fa/tg/uy?

Why do you play them?
>>
File: 1456249764736.png (75KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1456249764736.png
75KB, 256x256px
>>54214912

They let me be the little girl.
>>
>>54214912

While I've done more freeform/improv RP, and I also enjoy board and wargames, RPG's are my favourite because I feel like the combination of both is more than the sum of its parts.

I'm not just playing a character or engaging in storytelling with my friends, I'm also engaging with interesting and enjoyable systems that help guide the story in interesting directions or create tangible, mechanical consequences to actions. Meanwhile, the roleplaying side also adds extra depth and concerns when the mechanics come to play, forcing me to consider actions through the lens of my character.

RPG's take more investment than most other media, some demanding hours of time before the game can even begin, but I get so much out of them that I feel like it's always worth it, and the stories my friends and I have told together, the amazing battles we've fought in worlds of our own creation, are things I'll remember for the rest of my life.
>>
>>54214912
>What do you like about RPGs, fa/tg/uy?
It's the most interactive storytelling there is besides freeform, and the problem with freeform is that it is usually unimaginative.
>>
>>54215850
>the problem with freeform is that it is usually unimaginative

this is true.

I actually find myself coming up with a lot more ideas when I have a framework to build around and bounce off.
>>
>>54214912
They provide an entire, responsive and mostly consistent world for me to fuck around with.
>>
>>54214912
it brings out hidden stuff in people
>>
File: 1458399494079.jpg (193KB, 1024x712px) Image search: [Google]
1458399494079.jpg
193KB, 1024x712px
>>54215933

You mean magical realm shit?
>>
File: guys1wem.jpg (260KB, 1500x1061px) Image search: [Google]
guys1wem.jpg
260KB, 1500x1061px
>>54214912
They offer an opportunity to utilize all vidya/movie/book experience with which I'd otherwise feel luncomfortable.

Also designing impressive experiences for people is fun.
>>
>>54215798
This
>>
>>54214912
>Why do you play them?
Assuming people on /tg/ play games
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.