[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ORE/ One Role Engine General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: persona_3_conceptart_R0qb5.jpg (58KB, 448x600px) Image search: [Google]
persona_3_conceptart_R0qb5.jpg
58KB, 448x600px
"Another Goddamn Persona Campaign" Edition

This is a thread for discussing Monsters and Other Childish Things, Wild Talents, Reign and any other games built on Greg Stolze's One Roll Engine.

>***The System
Roll some d10s. Find matches. The number of matching dice is your Width. The number ON the dice is your Height. So a Set of [5,5,5] has a Width of 3 and a Height of 5, written as 3x5. That's it. Width and Height tell you a lot about your action, such as how fast it was, how strong it was, how precise it was, etc. Everything in the system is built around this fast, simple mechanic.

>***The Games

>Nemesis
A game about cosmic horror using the Madness system invented and popularized by Unknown Armies. It's available for free on ArcDream's website here: http://www.arcdream.com/pdf/Nemesis.pdf

>Godlike
Superhero roleplaying during World War II. Fight supersonic Nazis and invisible French knife maniacs in a brutal setting where you're equally likely to be killed by a mortar blast as from a supervillain.

>Wild Talents
The sequel to Godlike, blowing the doors of the system to let you create any superpower you can imagine. /tg's favorite ORE game.

>Monsters and Other Childish Things
You're a kid with an imaginary monster friend who's real, and you have adventures. Converts nicely to Jojo and Persona.

>Reign
High fantasy roleplaying in a crazy world that would need to have an entire post just about it.

>A Dirty World
Noir at its best. Relentlessly focused on character growth and psychology. A much lighter system than the others.

>Better Angels
You're a supervillain whose power comes from a contract with a demon. Try not to get dragged to hell.

>***Pastebin Archive
https://pastebin.com/WiT4BhFM
---A compendium of tips, advice, homebrews and other content assembled by /tg from /ore Generals past

>In this thread: IDK, more Velvet Book updates hopefully.
>Let's help the Jojo bros hash out more mechanics.
>Talk shit about your S-links.
>>
For the sake of something different, does anyone have any experience with A Dirty World?
>>
So, a week ago someone made a thread asking about a game simulating Yu-Gi-Oh and similar stories. I suggested MaOCT, and since I could not stop thinking about it, I threw something together.

Feedback is very much welcome.
>>
Okay dudes, how would you make Aigis in WT for 150 pts? I have a rough idea, but I'd like to hear some opinions.
>>
burn my dad
>>
>>54216521
I don't know enough about WT to help you, but if you're looking for compatibility with the Persona home brew, using Bigger Bads Weird Kids rules might be a better start.
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>54214264
The core system intrigues me but none of the settings don't.
>>
>>54215514
I like the concept of using the MaoCT as a base for Yugi, given the power of friendship is a key theme. But at the same time, I feel like the combat doesnt feel or sound like Yugi. I get what you tried to do, with making body parts key cards but i'm unsure if it really works. Maybe instead keep the monsters as monsters (Like how in Yugioh GX the spirits of their favourite cards accompanied them) and play the actual games using whatever the Yugioh equivalent of Xmage is. Of course this encourages playing best decks and not cool themes. And i'm unsure how you'd tackle that.
>>
>>54218561
What sort of setting are you looking for?
>>
>>54218572
Building on this. I'm thinking speed duel rules and your spirits duke it out at the same time. If your spirit defeats the opponents then you get some sort of advantage. Either they discard and take damage or you draw and gain life. That sort of thing. I feel like a card game rpg has to include playing cards.
>>
>>54219041
Weird Kids might work better than the spirits thing. That way you get the relationships without having monsters tacked on for no reason. Their Powers could emulate the millennium objects, stuff like look at your opponents hand, tutor a card or consult your yami self (GM)
>>
>>54219098
You could take inspiration from the IOS Yugioh game which has the OG characters using speed duel rules and with character specific anime powers.

Take a look here for inspiration. http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/o48eorrn
>>
>>54218572
>>54219041
>>54219098
>>54219130
Thanks for the feedback. I decidedly wanted not to have players play the actual game, but that might be the better solution after all.
>>
>>54218561
Nemesis doesn't really have a setting, it's just horror-themed with some Call of Cthulhu monsters and spells thrown in for examples. Wild Talents is pretty much "ORE generic."
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.