[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Control a Djinni 5e?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3

File: Cloudwalker.jpg (113KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cloudwalker.jpg
113KB, 600x600px
I'm currently in a campaign where wild magic is the norm. Castes have to roll to even see if their spells go off as intended and don't plane shift them or set them or their targets on fire.

We are nearing the end of the campaign and we approach the final fight with celestials who are strongly underpowered do to wild magic throwing everything out of wack. However of course these beings don't have any problem casting spells, being a bard I'd rather not have to burn my friends alive by trying to heal them or buff them, so I plan on an ace in the hole. The Wish spell.

Basically I just need plans for how to summon, contain, and use a Djinn for my will without him tearing my bardic ass to shreds the second I let him loose so he can head home.

Any help is appreciated, cheers lads.
>>
File: masterpiece.png (173KB, 1000x670px) Image search: [Google]
masterpiece.png
173KB, 1000x670px
>>54212816
If the premise of the campaign is Wild magic, a Djinn might not be a good target; they generally filly the word of their contract while ignoring the spirit (very Monkey's Paw like), and I'm not sure if the binding clauses would even hold in your world. In other words, they might get summoned, pretend to totally be bound by a Wish contract, and then do whatever.

Now, if you say they are tied to a contract by DM fiat, we can go with one of the usual methods. First, a good counter to Djinn shenanigans is to offer one of the wishes to them in exchange for fulfilling to spirit of your wish, with no untoward twisting of the intent. Include in this payment that he must depart without harming you and your friends, either through action or inaction. If he fulfills these things in good faith, he will have access to a wish for himself.
This generally works, since it leaves open the impression your character would be willing to do this again for him in the future.
>>
>>54212863
What spells or preparations could I take to ensure it couldn't just rampage when I bring him to the plane. I have a Wizard in the party and he's essentially the only other spellcaster. What other spells or slik tricks could I try to pull to help make the fight even short of Planar Binding?
>>
File: discWhoops.gif (2MB, 299x303px) Image search: [Google]
discWhoops.gif
2MB, 299x303px
>>54213031
Djinn are normally tied to a generic contract by the summoning item used (magic lamp or some such). This prevents the Djinn from using its abilities outside of the wishes. Because Djinn able (and willing) to grant wishes are Lawfully aligned, the best chance you have is to obtain a contract prior to summoning them.
If you think combat might be required, it would be best to have anti-magic preparations. Something to prevent spells, or to fireproof your chars would be good..
That said, you can always just go for the bum rush option- tie him up in multiple body grapples until he promises to behave (make sure to do a dimensional anchor first). A Djinn is strong, but a few high Str chars can handle him, depending on high important the Djinn is. Note this option might make further negotiations awkward.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.