[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unused Characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: damn gurl.png (86KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
damn gurl.png
86KB, 190x190px
What's a character that you've always wanted to use but never got around to actually using?

Like the setting never comes up or it comes off as JUUUUST a little "magical realm" for your usual stories or play throughs?
>>
I've got a few of those, although partially used characters are a way worse issue.

Characters I made for games which never started or died a few sessions in. So many of them float around, waiting for a game they might call home, and even then I end up making new characters most of the time anyway. And when games fall through, more are added to the list.

Still, I occasionally get to clear entries. Even if a game isn't entirely finished, as long as I feel like a characters personal story has had a pretty good run, I'm generally able to let them rest at that.
>>
>>54211239
>developing the whole life, world and universe of a character in particular and come to love what you can do with them
>dies like a bitch soon and unused
>>
Ever since I got the egypt itch again, I wanted to roll a tabaxi but a jackal instead, dual wielding a khopesh and shortsword.

That and if I could find a balanced minotaur stat... Some say just use half orc and give a horn ability but idk.

Usually play humanoids so want to see some other options that could be played.
>>
>>54211213
>Character you've always wanted to use but nevr gotten around to using

ALL of them. Actually, scratch that, most of them. I do occasionally get to game.

>Character too magical realm-y to ever play
See pic related. A pathfinder half-giant (or half-ogre, or whatever lets me use the custom race builder) which skews a little too close to my own magical realm of giant ladies. Although I did recently play a 7 foot tall aasimar, which had the added bonus of being an oathbreaker paladin/ hexblade warlock. By far the most broken character I've ever played.
>>
File: Martaeus - Roof.png (701KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Martaeus - Roof.png
701KB, 2000x3000px
>>54211213
For approximately 3 fucking years it was playing a spider lich for me. But then a month ago I got the chance and transmuted that into a spidery changeling trying to become a lich. Pretty happy about that.
>>
>>54211213
I've always wanted to play a 40-50 year old cleric who was adventuring to gain a resurrection spell for his sinful wife and son but the setting was never right maybe in the upcoming campaign this fall
>>
>>54211213

I wanted to play an undead knight with amnesia being compelled by three different voices in his head. He was once a knight of renown, but when a powerful necromancer/sorcerer possesses him, he kills himself before he loses total control. The necromancer's magic brings him back to life, though damaged and needing to regain the strength. Voice one is the necromancer trying to gain control and influence bad/chaotic behavior, while voice two is his subconscious old self trying to resist and influence good/lawful behavior. Voice three would be the personality he has gained by forgetting who he was and developing a new persona.

There would be two character sheets, with one being modified somewhat. If the necromancer took majority control, the character would have the stats and skills of the necromancer, but would need lighter armor; alignment = evil/neutral If the knight regained his prior identity, the stats would increase and some unique skills would be learned; alignment = good/ neutral with a slight erring towards lawful
If neither voice wins, the risen knight continues to wander, becoming his own person; alignment = whatever was picked up the most

Shit like that. I had some more details, but it sounds a bit overpowered. Would have been fun.
>>
>>54211934
I actually had a friend of mine who played a character with a similar idea in 2 man campaign together. His character was a bard that became a lich and ended fracturing his original self into three different personalities. his original self, which had gone insane from the lich process, a gruff lawful evil fighter personality that planned on conquering the world, and what was essentially a sixteen year old commoner kid that had no idea he was a lich. He ended being a really fun character. It's too bad my rogue in game hated the hell out of him, would've loved my time role playing and having conversations.
>>
File: HalflingBarbarian.jpg (71KB, 736x882px) Image search: [Google]
HalflingBarbarian.jpg
71KB, 736x882px
Bosco Bearclaw - Halfling Barbarian who is a mix of Steve Irwin and Grizzly Adams. Infatuated with nature he left home to live with the beasts of his homeland. He returned to civilization and released a best selling beastiary on the monsters and beasts of the land and how best to combat them and survive in the wilds. Since then he has traveled to many countries and continents releasing multiple survival books and beastiary guides. He lives only to complete his collection of guides and to make everyone appreciate the beauty of nature and the beasts that inhabit it as much as he does.
>>
>>54211213
I've wanted to play a weapon conjurer for the longest time, just go full Virgil / Noctus / Fate/Zero era Gilgamesh. But I've yet to find a game where that would be feasible or fitting with the campaign or group.
>>
>>54211434
Funny you should say that. WotC just released PlaneShift: Amonkhet, DND rules for their MTG Egypt setting. It has Khenra (jackalfolk) and minotaurs, which are half orcs with horns... There's also Aven and Naga.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.