[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delusional Anarchists Hallucinating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

This is a game idea I've just begun work on.

The game: the players will be playing anarchist punks in the modern day (modern day almost earth) and they will be fighting "the man" and "the system" through revolution and chaos.

HOWEVER the *twist* being that the players are being told theyre playing a medieval game with knights and such. the players will be dropped into a (non magic) world where this kingdom has been taken over by these monsters, oppressive pig beasts, they've got society in their hands and oppress the people. the players goal will be to end the tyranny of the evil monsters.

the way this is achieved is the characters in order to retain control have to inject this concoction (this concoction will be a drug theyre all hooked on) every few hours or risk losing control. during missions when their high is coming down they will get weird glimpses of this concrete and iron world, making them think this is them falling under the illusion.

thoughts?
>>
>>54209912
I don't like the sound of it, frankly. In my experience, genre bait-and-switch campaigns are one of those ideas that every GM has, that every one of them tries at some point, and that never play out as well in practice as it sounds in your head. I've never seen anyone run such a game and have the execution go well enough that it justifies it.

"Your characters think they're doing X, but *really* they're doing Y", what does that add to the campaign? I mean really? I've never seen it add depth, or open up story avenues that otherwise wouldn't be options, or really serve as an improvement. It's a conceit, a gimmick. Not worth doing.
>>
File: 3806353.jpg (252KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
3806353.jpg
252KB, 1000x1333px
>>54209912
>oppressive pigs
>they've got society in their hands and oppress the people
I hope your party consist of rainbow-haired girls, and at least one had asiatish ancestry?
But idea seems fine. Most difficult part is writing parallel real world story [gazetteer, tabloids, news, etc], to reflect things what they done while was junked up and saving kingdom, to reveal it at the moment when party shrugs off illusion
>>
>>54209912
...but why tho?

Lots of questions and stuff that doesn't line up. Injection drugs aren't really a medieval thing. Also unless they're born addicted and raised delusional there isn't anything to make them think this. Also how does it make there not be guns, cops, escalators, etc.? The amount of delusion required to pass off a skyline seems like it would make actually doing anything impossible. Team black already gets their heads kicked in fighting state power directly, it would be even worse if they thought they were knights or some shit.
>>
>>54209912
Sort of a modern take of Don Quixote themes seems like itd work
>>
>>54211765
>Injections
Alchemy is a thing, and being that the players are under the impression this is some kind of fantasy world they wouldn't even think twice.
> delusional
being under the influence of the serious drug for so long has probably caused side effects and being junkies their memory is probably fucked
>no guns?
yes guns
>Skylines
Castles and forts
>>
>>54211924
that was sort of the inspiration
>>
>>54211990
Sounds dumb and like you don't even realize how dumb.

glhf
>>
>>54212032
>>
>>54212032
Maybe help illustrate what can be done better? I'm open to criticism honestly.

>>54210340
my intention is basically to act out a cool story with a whole Shamalien twist at the end which the characters would have to decide to continue their actions or not. considering killing pig monsters is totally fine (see: green blood is okay for children) but killing humans is a huge moral thing. however the "pigs" are still considered oppressive to these characters. but again I've only recently begun working on it, i may come up with some kind of important story point.

>>54211633
i dont get
> I hope your party consist of rainbow-haired girls, and at least one had asiatish ancestry?

but i like the idea of having modern influences such as that added into the game, it would be this surreal medieval world with stuff that doesn't quite make sense.

maybe police cars will be strange machines created by the "pigs"
>>
self bump
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.