[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drunken OP of FATE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: 1474424674033.jpg (422KB, 1550x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1474424674033.jpg
422KB, 1550x1008px
Anyone down for a hard sci-fi setting building thread, because I'm gonna run one.

Diaspora is a game using the FATE system, in which the setting is a cluster of 4-8 solar systems, created by dice and the players, linked together by Slipstream, the FTL of the system that let ships jump directly between two linked systems from points above and below the solar disk.

Systems have 3 statistics, Technology, Habitat, and Resources. Each generated by a 'fudge' roll, which is the FATE systems dice. fudge rolls are 4 dice with 2 faces each of -1, 0 and +1 basically 1d3-2. To generate these 3 rolls of 4 dice on 4chan, type "dice+12d3" into the email thread.

The basic premise of the setting is fairly hard sci-fi, the FTL I just mentioned, and that technological progress eventually leads to social collapse. Humanity has been through this cycle of rise and collapse so much that no ones is entirely sure how we ended up on these now isolated clusters of linked systems. This is humanity after it's Diaspora.
>>
File: space station.jpg (277KB, 1600x1019px) Image search: [Google]
space station.jpg
277KB, 1600x1019px
>>54208395
I've run these before, and so any questions ask away. It's best with 4-6 players, but can work with just 3 plus me.
I ran one a few weeks ago, then my computer derped, so this is me being back.

To give an example of what those three traits mean here is an example you might be familiar with
Sol System
Tech -1: Atomic Age. Power can be generated in a number of ways, including from atomic energy, but it's not limitless. The solar system is starting to be explored, but it's resources can't be tapped yet.
Habitat: +1. One garden World and several hostile worlds. Earth is the garden world, with Mars, Venus, and some of the outer moons having atmosphere and gravity but still hostile to human habitation.

Resources: +1. Atomic fuel, heavy metals, and such are available on many planets, and the asteroid belts and moons provide mining opportunities.

I'm going to slightly alter how Tech -1 and Tech 0 work for this run.
>>
Also Diaspora general if anyone actually read or played that game system.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.